Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Thunder

Be careful what you wish for.
yvm8HTs.png

-vip7FLqpLImvRjkSUIaMtXlE2bHtidBAgDswVMGYmbNeQDW73k90gnygvUKoLwI2Kn40m3hHWpC57rtnnZW2d8f2zyf7UbXbB9XrxRnPC75jXmzhKzPYS1FGA_lj4pLB3IWufIoGm_7u3KNYI0-pek

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
T6c1STfpV8WSxZosWvv6OJuIc17kGxBEV3Wq7IcqisWlmZL_d_5Wlyc9g-90grsisBTM0viERmwvLkstOY2_8T1WL_4-mLHpxe8cH7f1hUkXGDUS20qNnJ5qYlchYaQDk4MSJMRjoFatydcYxnfiwEQ

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
The late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay,

TAG (ALLIES) : Kyric Kyric
TAG (FOES) : @

Caltin had received a message that someone was wanting to meet with him. It was probably some Padawan looking to “skill up”. It didn't matter as the massive Jedi Master was quite busy at the moment, since deciding on opening his training schedule he had “nips” from all over the light side. The likes of Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl , Thal Mantis Thal Mantis , and @Dreidi Xeriac as well as others… even Masters like Katarine Ryiah Katarine Ryiah , and Jax Thio Jax Thio .

He surprised himself at how many responded, but this was on his terms and time, so it would work well. If he didn't think they should learn something, they won't, simple as that.

dc-injustice-2-mobile-black-adam-reveal-trailer-dc-izfr7cxbg_82bm.2560.png

This is not to say that the big man wasn't willing to teach the “specials”, but Caltin made the mistake in the past of teaching a “Jedi” a skill that they were not ready for and they were overwhelmed. Training is a process, too many people forget that but the skills are interlocked. “One set up another.” That is why he will not simply teach someone… for example… Tutaminus without them knowing what a Force Shield is. Or another, needing to know Force Push before learning Force Wave.

Don't evem start on Lightsabers.

Either way, he was meeting with someone as he stood in the gathering area watching a class of younglings learning levitation.

Step up, I know you’re here.

Eku1KfW.png

Kyric stared out at sand-covered dunes in silence. His remaining eye sought something significant within the desert winds for several long minutes, his mind elsewhere, trapped within the memory of Coruscant. Subconsciously, the boy's bare hand found the scarred, dead flesh over what was once his right eye. He trailed it with a finger, igniting the memory of its loss.

A crimson saber flashed into being.

Pain surged through his body anew and the boy fell to his knee. He struggled to breathe as Creuat Creuat appeared within his mind's eye and slashed him again. Psychic blood oozed down his ruined visage. Explosions ripped through the sky all around him. Prowler II Prowler II called out for the Fallen Jedi, a warning of the specter's imminent demise, and then lightning racked Kyric's frame. He struggled to cleanse Bogan's influence and imbue the power with Ashla's grace, but he wasn't strong enough.

The vision ended and Kyric felt his body lurch forward. He steadied himself against the sand, struggling to collect his thoughts in the face of his greatest defeat.

Hubris was his true enemy walking into that battle, and it had become his most fertile lesson walking away from it. His talent would not be enough. Neither would his training, or the silly tricks the kiffar grew accustomed to these past years. Kyric knew if he were to truly finish his father's final battle and defeat Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis , he must overcome each obstacle posed by the Sith'ari.

Only with a clear understanding of Darth Solipsis' grand design would Kyric bring his father peace.

So, the boy descended into the enclave as his father did decades before. He walked its busy halls, seeking the Jedi Master Kyric knew to have the know-how to overcome his latest and greatest obstacle.

Lightning.

Thankfully, the kiffar didn't have to travel far. He stumbled upon the younglings completely by chance. Caltin's massive frame stood nearby, watching the group with the serenity the young Jedi expected of his Elder.

"Step up, I know you're here."

Kyric blinked. "Uh... I'm sorry?" He wandered over to the Big Man and watched the class at his side. "Afternoon, sir," he tipped his head in a nod. "I was hopin' you might be able to help me with a little problem I've been havin' in regards to dark siders and their preference for lightnin'."

yvm8HTs.png

-vip7FLqpLImvRjkSUIaMtXlE2bHtidBAgDswVMGYmbNeQDW73k90gnygvUKoLwI2Kn40m3hHWpC57rtnnZW2d8f2zyf7UbXbB9XrxRnPC75jXmzhKzPYS1FGA_lj4pLB3IWufIoGm_7u3KNYI0-pek

T6c1STfpV8WSxZosWvv6OJuIc17kGxBEV3Wq7IcqisWlmZL_d_5Wlyc9g-90grsisBTM0viERmwvLkstOY2_8T1WL_4-mLHpxe8cH7f1hUkXGDUS20qNnJ5qYlchYaQDk4MSJMRjoFatydcYxnfiwEQ

The late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay,

Sanctuary Island

TAG (FOES) : @​

It was Karis’ kid, that was a good thing. His heart is in the right place, but his head sometimes wanders. It happens. What is not alright is that he seems troubled. No, Caltin war not prying into his mind or reading his surface thoughts, it was clear. Coruscant. No doubt he was there, the stink of the dark side permeated him. Not in a manner that Kyric wwas affected by the Dark Side, but he was in a horrible fight.

He needed help.

Alright, first things first. You can call me “Master”, or “Master Vanagor” Those respect my station, if it is just the two of us in a room, you can even call me “Caltin”. “Sir” is never necessary

The smile he offered was a bit sardonic.

I’m going to lef you in on a little secret. I don't believe in “regret”, but one thing I wish I had done when I had the chance was give your father the credit he deserved.

Sappy, but true. The few times that they ran into each other, what reception did he give? “Idiot”. “Disrespectful”. In his actionsa, the big man was being the very things he called “Ryv”. Too annoyed with how different things were now, compared his day, the big man was the “grump” Ala Quin Ala Quin used to call him in jest.

Maybe that is why Caltin was willing to fight alongside him.

Walk with me.

Walking to the far side of the facility to an enormous atrium. This room was unique because of the rubber-like walls.

Alright, what is this talk of “lightning”?

Eku1KfW.png

Kyric would agree his mind was prone to wander, but he found it momentarily frozen in place at the mention of his father. Before he knew it, his eyes glistened with tears, and he was forced to wipe them away to avoid crying in front of the Big Man.

"Thank you, s-" Kyric cleared his throat. "Master Vanagor." The boy took a moment to collect himself, then spoke again. "In my dad's final years, he was never afraid to admit he made a lot of mistakes as a kid. Bein' named the Sword so young put a lot of weight on his shoulders, he'd tell me, all sad-like. But I think he was too afraid to ask for help, to let the folks down who trusted him to lead the New Jedi."

The kiffar followed the Jedi Master across the facility until they arrived in the rubber room. For the briefest moment, Kyric imagined himself left in the space, raving like a madman to the various fragments of his mind.

Thankfully, Caltin spoke up and ended that silly little episode.

"Well, I've dueled some pretty dangerous folks since we've crossed paths back on Jedha, and they both showed skill with force lightnin'. I'm no slouch in the Force, Master, but I'm young and inexperienced. Every fight is a gamble on whether or not I'm smart enough to outthink the likes of Sith Lords and Dark Jedi Masters. As I am right now, I can't be what the Force needs to be in the coming years. I'm hopin' you can help set me on that path."

Kyric eyed the rubber room with a more curious gaze. Once he realized the entire space was covered in the material, a wide grin grew across his face.

yvm8HTs.png

Sanctuary Island

Alright, so you are facing the Dark Side and feel that lightning will be your answer?

Crunching his lower lip and nodding, Caltin glanced at a light panel and casually waved at it. Almost immediately the light crackled and a lightning bolt shot out across the room and into his hand.

Are you sure that this is what you want? Lightning, even “Electric Judgment” is aggressive and comes from a dark place.

Caltin shrugged, but was more careful than lackadaisical.

Don't get me wrong, I’m not saying “no”, just that there are other options. For example, Tutaminus is a powerful defensive skill if you don't already know how to perform it.

Pulling “CONSERVATOR” out and engaging the blade, the big man went to jam it into his free hand. The Sovereign Gold blade embedded into the extremity, but unlike any other time, it did not protrude out through the other side, merely shorting out in his palm.

I could teach you this as well if you want?

Disengaging and putting the weapon away, Caltin centered the Force in his hands and watched them crackle with electrical energy

Your choice,

Eku1KfW.png

Kyric listened in complete silence, his remaining eye glued to each action taken by the Jedi Master.

When the lightning burst from the wall like a lance and all but vanished within Caltin's palm, Kyric's mouth fell agape. His jaw practically hit the floor when the same trick stopped the saber. Never before had the kiffar experienced a display of tutaminus to that degree. While the boy had a cursory understanding of the principle behind the idea, his every attempt at energy manipulation or absorption lacked the same finesse.

The litany of scars across the young man's body was a testament to that truth.

"I'm not personally familiar with how you summon Electric Judgement, s- Master." Kyric corrected himself much faster the second time. "But I have a little experience with tutaminus. Not nearly as impressive as that, though." He pointed rather excitedly with a bandage-covered right hand. "I usually attack the energy attacks to weaken them, like my pa did, or try and convert them into something light with my body as the converter."

Given the choice between summoning lightning (Electrical Judgement) or breaking down energy, it seemed obvious, but Kyric paused to think. He considered his recent bout with Creuat. The Dark Jedi's Force Destruction didn't seem any different than lightning or a saber–an energy based attack capable of completely ending his life. It wasn't the sort of power the kiffar wanted to face empty-handed.

He steeled himself and returned his attention to Caltin.

"I'd like to learn both, Master. But I came here cause I believe, in my heart of hearts, that there is no better person to guide me along this path than you... so uh- I trust you to teach me the way you think is best. Is that okay?"

Last edited:

yvm8HTs.png

Sanctuary Island

Thank you for the kind words. I'm not sure that I am worthy of them, but will do my best to live up to them.

Remember the time you see Master Vanagor get flush in the cheeks because it doesn't happen often. It is rare that the big man is openly complimented or appreciated and when it happens, it blows him away. Caltin doesn't do what he does for praise, but it's nice when it happens.

One thing he was paying attention to was that Kyric was list in thought. Something else was bothering him. Maybe it can e fleshed out while they are training. Pulling two floating training droids out of his pockets and throwing them in the air, he gestured to the kid.

Alright, sit with me.

Caltin dropped into a lotus position in a soft, fluid motion. Now he was showing off.

Shut up, I am not.

We're going to start with a quick meditation, focus on the flow of the Force and clear your mind of all outside thoughts and memories. Let the Force be your guide and get you into a clear state of mind.

Slowly the Lights in the room dimmed.

Believe it or not, you already have the same level of ability that I do. It is a matter of how you listen to the Force. As you know, the Force speaks to everything, but only those of us attune can answer and listen. The Force is already wanting to protect you and tell you how to perform this skill, Tutaminus. Right now we are working to get you to where you can understand what you are hearing.

Waving his hand activated the training droids which hummeda d began to float around.

Keep your eyes closed. Let the Force tell your mind's eye where the droids are and where they will go. When you do so… listen to the Force tell you how to defend yourself from their shocks. When you are ready, they will start. Just relax and trust in the Force./COLOR]

Eku1KfW.png

"Understood."

Kyric dropped across from Caltin in the seiza position. His hands rested comfortably atop his thighs, a strange juxtaposition to the bandages and scarring crisscrossing the boy's limbs. As the Jedi Master began to speak, Kyric remained silent, offering his elder his complete attention. The kiffar breathed in seven-second-cycles.

In. Hold. Out.

The force was not an unfamiliar concept to Kyric. Though he struggled with internal conflict much the same as any other, his belief in the Living Force manifested in a complete willingness to follow its Will. Like a young swallow bore aloft psionic winds, the boy flew deeply through the omnipresent power infused into all things. It carried him higher within his mind, to a place dominated by strong and fluid currents.

When Kyric opened his eyes, he was met by a cerulean sky enshrouded by black-gray clouds. The boy studied his surroundings. Lightning sparked within the storm, threatening to boil over at an instant.

And then the boy was free-falling through the swirling hurricane.

Lightning arched out from Kyric's left. He felt the wind take his hand and guide it into the path of the strike. Energy coalesced within his palm, sparking like a damaged fuel-cell, but for the very first time it didn't hurt.

Kyric blinked and found himself sitting across from the Jedi Master. The kiffar's excitement saw the tightly coiled static disperse harmlessly into the air. But that didn't matter, not in the face of his first real success.

"I-I did it!"

yvm8HTs.png

Sanctuary Island

Training droids do not carry a thousandth of the punch a Sith, capable of Force Lightning, but those shocks sting more than well enough to annoy a recipient. That was not the point of the lesson anyway, the big man needed to see just how much the young Kiffu… or is the male “Kiffar”? Bah I don't know. Who cares?

Racist.

Oh! Build a bridge and get over yourself, you have a Learner To watch.

Anyway, sitting there quietly for what felt like 2 standard weeks, but was really only a few minutes, Vanagor learned exactly what he needed to know.

It WAS 2 weeks… you forg*

ANYWAY… once Kyric opened his eyes realizing his accomplishments, he would see a Vanagor “smirk.”

It's a cool feeling isn't it? That first time? Sure, they're just training droids, but you have to start somewhere, and now that you have the premise… the base of it… the rest is cake.

Suddenly liking the thought of “cake”, the big man went over to the refreshment cart and grabbed to “hand cakes” and offered one to his compatriot. These were not overly large, but it generally took more than 2 bites to finish one.

Caltin stuffed his face.

You're almost right in your attempt to “convert” energy attacks. What you should be trying to do is reflect it like a mirror.

Flicking his wrist, he nodded. The training droids whirled and floated around, various shock bolts rang down. Using only his left hand, the big man blocked each bolt in the dead center of his palm.

You’re not “reflecting” as in causing a ricochet, or redirecting a blaster bolt. You’re reflecting and dispersing the energy. In a way, you are not only weakening the energy but absorbing it.

Cracking his neck.

You just need some practice… go ahead./COLOR]

Eku1KfW.png

It's a cool feeling isn't it? That first time? Sure, they're just training droids, but you have to start somewhere, and now that you have the premise… the base of it… the rest is cake.

Suddenly liking the thought of “cake”, the big man went over to the refreshment cart and grabbed two “hand cakes” and offered one to his compatriot. These were not overly large, but it generally took more than two bites to finish one.

Kyric accepted the offered cake with a smile. "Thank you, Master." He snacked on his while Caltin explained the technique, or more specifically, the part the younger Jedi had yet to grasp.

Each blast of electricity didn't even appear to bother Caltin. The energy dispersed harmlessly as he caught one after another in the midst of his explanation.

Kyric finished the cake quickly and patted the crumbs off with a brush of his hands. He turned to face the Jedi Master at his invitation and considered the best possible approach. The kiffar lacked the ability to manifest anything like Electric Judgement or Light, so he decided on the tried and true telekinesis. He took a deep breath and beckoned the Force to come to his aid.

An immaterial blanket of power coalesced around Kyric's slight frame. He took a few steps back, lifted both hands, and pushed a wave of telekinetic power toward the Jedi Master. The boy assumed this would turn into something like a game of catch, only the ball had been replaced with enough power to send either of them careening into the rubber walls.

yvm8HTs.png

Sanctuary Island

I see what you're doing.

With an approving nod, the big man stood with the younger Karis. He was not necessarily approaching thisin a manner that Caltin would have, but considering Vanagor’s very cell structure was altered a few years ago to accomodate and address his connection to the Force, it was not something he was capable of anyway.

Unless he was rebuilt at the atomic level in the Wellspring of Life that is.

The easiest way I can explain “Tutaminus” is to consider a crashing starship. The hull, the safety systems, everything is designed to disperse energy so that the impact affects you as little as possible..

Flicking his wrist, Caltin did not play catch, he simply absorbed the reflected energy. Then pointed his arm at a stand.

Lightning is just the opposite.

Suddenly A VERY powerful bolt of Lightning, elemental, not Force.

My cellular structure was realigned years ago. My skin is tougher, my body is naturally stronger. The Force in me is basically a battery and does not flow thdough me. It's more symbiotic than ever. I approach everything differently now as you can see, but what I am explaining to you is how I learned.

Imagine that the Force in you is like a bottle of a carbonated beverage. Shake it too much? It blows… your hand in this case is the bottle cap… open it.

Throwing his hand out towards a window, Kyric would see an ever bigger bolt of lightning emanating from the heavens and slamming into the ground scaring the daylights out of the ever unlucky Jedi Knight Yoni Bucket who was meditating nearby.

Bucket was fine, but could be seen yelling… and if they were close enough to read lips, his tantrum was paced and laced with expletives about the big man… funny expletives.

Eku1KfW.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom