Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Trust & Suspicion

In the caves of Bogano, Ran meditated. The small sounds were the last to distract her. Droplets of water running from the surface, an errant pebble rolling down a decaying hill, and the chittering of critters beside her. The Boglings perched, played, and watched from atop the rocks nearby as Ran sat completely motionless at the dry center of the marshy cave. She was diving deeper and deeper into a trance. Searching her mind for the missing memories of the past two years. So far all she came up with were faint impressions. The impressions her meditation had garnered were of moments of triumph, fear, love and loss, frustration and then acceptance. It was a small list but the depth of her feelings was immense.

It was a scary and awkward thing, for her, to have such a large gap in her memory and to feel okay about it. She wasn't sure if it had something to do with her prior years in brainwashed sith servitude, but when she thought of it, this lapse in memory, it didn't seem so bad by comparison.

She continued to meditate. Ran had meditated for hours, communing with the force for the future, for guidance in all things. She was coming back to a changed galaxy, but the real question was how much did the galaxy change for her. She would have to find out.

As she relaxed the small sounds were the first to come back, followed by her other senses. Her force sense magnified as all others converged and she could feel the shift of energy in her immediate vicinity. She felt a friend in the force. They were making their way down the cave's mouth toward Ran. She stood up from her seat and crossed the marshy cave excited to see who had come to visit her. Then it dawned on her. Did they even know she was there or was it just a happy coincidence? She shifted in her worn Synth Leathers taking an easy but eager stance awaiting the familiar face, and one of their most stalwart allies.

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Lightsabers

"There you are," Valery said with a rather warm smile once she appeared from the mouth of the cave. It had been a long time since she last saw Ran Serys Ran Serys — too long — but she'd never forget a friend. To find out now that she was still doing well and communing with the Force after all those years, felt like a truly wonderful surprise.

Though, she did wonder if anything changed for her.

"You know, I almost thought I wouldn't see you again. Not because of something terrible happening, but just because of where your journey would take you next." Valery was aware that Ran had been going through less well-known parts of the Galaxy, far away from Coruscant and where most Jedi would be.

It had almost been a coincidence that she even sensed Ran's presence.

"How have you been, my friend?"

Ran eyes lit up. The chemical yellow glow of her iris was somehow more intense when backed by the feelings of happiness toward seeing an old friend. "Valery," Ran whispered the name in surprise. While she couldn't remember the last two years, she could feel the time that had passed between them. The moment had hit her with a pang of longing, not just for Valery's friendship but from all of the denizens of the galaxy that she had come in contact with over the years. At that moment, Ran could have hugged Valery, but her nerves settled on a warm smile. The warmest she'd ever given someone.

"How I have been, I cannot answer." She said cryptically, unsure if she should share the mystery of her memories so soon after their reunion. "How I am now?" She paused. "Well, after seeing you, I feel relieved," She nodded assuredly. "relieved, but exhausted." She added.

"It has been a long journey back. I cannot seem to remember all of it." Ran grabbed her head as an intense pain pulsed from inside it. She suddenly felt faint and broke out into a sweat. "It seems I am in need of fresh air." Ran felt a feeling of intense confusion. "Valery, I can't-" She declared, taking a couple steps toward the cave's exit before going limp and falling forward. Ran had fallen unconscious, then she began to dream. She dreamt of a man and a woman protecting her from shadows. The shadows were too strong and then the man and woman were consumed by them. She felt an intense fear as the shadows continued toward her. Then the dream ended but Ran was still out cold.

HAIuSyi.png

She couldn't answer?

Valery tilted her head curiously but decided against pushing the subject. If Ran wished to talk about it, she knew she'd always be able to. And with her feeling okay and relieved now, Valery felt satisfied herself. The mention of being exhausted hadn't escaped her though, and a more careful look made it that much more obvious.

On what kind of journey had she been?

"Well, perhaps it's time to finally get some rest then, my friend." Valery smiled warmly in return but the expression dimmed a little when Ran finally mentioned what the problem was. Memory issues? Valery frowned at the revelation — amnesia usually meant either an injury or that someone else tampered with her memories.

Neither of them were good.

"We can talk-" Valery paused when she noticed that Ran stumbled, and long before the Mirialan could hit the ground, Valery was right there with her. She caught the woman and raised her up bridal style before letting out a sigh of relief, "I've got you," she said with a nervous smile.

Looking around, Valery searched for a quiet spot and gently set the woman down, so she could rest and hopefully recover from whatever it was that caused her to faint.

Valery would wait for her to wake.

Ran laid comatose for a few short hours. While her body was still, her mind was active. She viewed memory-like sequences through a distorted lens. Images of the truth were blurred. Important moments were omitted. Unconsciously she noticed the patterns. Patterns meant to hide one individual. Someone she had made a friend of, made an apprentice of, and made an enemy of. And it seemed he had purged himself from her mind. But not well enough.

After those short hours Ran's eyes shot open. She was reinvigorated not just because of the rest, but because of the insight. She picked herself up slowly, leaning heavily against the rocky wall Valery had used to prop her up. Her friend had waited by her side, waiting for her to come to. Ran valued the friendship they had garnered in the short but significant moments of Ran's life.

"I apologize if I have made you worry for me, Valery," Ran said with a small sense of embarrassment.

"While I was unconscious, I saw the last two years that have been hidden from me. May I show you?" Ran asked. She was ready to use the force to give Valery at least a mental impression of the things she had seen.

"There was a man in my memories. The force was with him. I befriended and instructed him in our ways. I probably should not have. He used his abilities to make an attempt at suppressing my memories. His attempt has failed. It seems the events of my past have left me with a higher threshold for mental intrusions and obstructions." She explained.

"I cannot see his face. I cannot feel his intentions. Somehow I believe he does not mean any harm, not to me anyway." She added. "Would you trust those feelings, Valery?" Ran asked, wanting to hear Valery's honest thoughts. "I may be inclined to. Is that dangerous?" She asked, feeling as if she knew the answer Valery would give her.

HAIuSyi.png

"You don't have to apologize for anything, my friend." Valery smiled and just seemed relieved that Ran was awake again. She knew that her life hadn't been at risk and that she'd be fine, but having it confirmed still felt nice. However, what Ran soon mentioned was still quite concerning. A man who had tempered with her memories, but one she didn't believe would harm her? Then why had he done it?

Too many questions.

"You can show me if you'd like," Valery said with a dip of her head. "But I'd be careful. We can trust the Force and sometimes our feelings, but if he already tried to suppress your memories, it's possible he might have done more to manipulate you. Approach with caution and perhaps don't do anything alone."

"I'd be more than happy to help you."

Ran shared the muddled memories with Valery. As she shared them, Ran found the memories weren’t as obfuscated as when she meditated on them alone. Whatever ability was used to tamper with her memories clearly couldn’t stand up to the mental strength of multiple Jedi, Let alone a mind as disciplined as Valery’s, or one as adaptable as Ran’s.

The man’s image became more clear. He was green, a few tones darker than Ran, but he was most certainly not one of the people of Mirial. His scaly skin made him seem more reptilian than anything else. His eyes seemed sad and his face told a story of apprehension. His visage pushed several feelings to the front of Ran’s mind. She’d need some time to parse over them.

His image faded from thought and Ran turned her attention back to Valery. “You have already helped more than you know,” She smiled genuinely. “And I will take your advice to heart.”

Ran got up and dusted herself off. She shook off the muck and grime of the caves and then whatever wakeup fog was left in her mind. “Now how did you find me here, Valery?” In truth Ran had a doubt about where here was. She had booked a ride with a couple of smugglers on Kesh. They said they’d drop her on Bogano. There were Jedi there, they said. Looked like Bogano and felt like Bogano. Still Bogano was a long way away from Coruscant, and so was Valery. Ran eyed her with only a hint of what could be called skepticism. She didn’t think Valery’s personality could warrant any doubt against, in Ran’s eyes, one of the most indomitable Jedi she’d ever met.

“And how do we get off this planet?” She questioned. “I yearn for the core.” She said with a sense of longing. She just wanted to see the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Once she saw the temple, then and only then would she feel like she was home, even if it was just temporary.

HAIuSyi.png

Valery had closed her eyes when Ran reached out to share those memories. As vague as they had been, she saw them with a new sense of clarity. The figure appeared, and she could see his face. The green, scaly skin, but also the look in his eyes. Perhaps his story was more complicated than she had originally believed, but whatever it was, this wasn't the time and place to unravel all of these mysteries.

Ran was hoping to finally make her return.

"I felt your presence," Valery said with a soft smile. "Maybe a little anticlimactic, but I didn't need to search for long. I've always bonded with people in ways that allow me to sense them from afar, and when I felt your presence again, I just knew." She briefly turned her gaze up towards the sky and smiled to herself.

The Force truly was a wonderful thing.

"I came here with a ship, so I can give you a ride back?" Valery looked back at her friend and smirked. "I can even cook you a meal onboard if you're hungry."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom