Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Under the Stars

Um9wLtZ.png

Taam Moghul Taam Moghul had promised Jonyna a date under the stars. To her, it was as simple as that. But she had a special spot she wanted to go to. The top of her city-tree, which was....quite a ways up.

They started at the starport, and Jonyna just started....climbing. She knew Taam would struggle keeping up. In a way, this was her way of messing with him. Not necessarily testing him, but certainly pushing him to see his limits. She wanted to know his stamina, especially after last night...

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

It was long awaited and sore needed. The couple's return to Cathar alone was a respite that would do them both good. By nightfall, They were making their way to the special spot Jonyna wanted to show her mate. So within the massive city-tree, the two Cathar Jedi began to climb.

Taam was a good climber. He had been raised among the wroshyr trees on Kashyyyk, and had been a tree climber all his life. But Jonyna had perfected swift movement among the thick branches. Taam was powerful and quick, but his technique was not as honed as his Denik girlfriend. He worked his strong muscles and taut sinews hard to match his mate's pace. His large claws left their marks on the ancient limbs, along with those of generations before him. It was invigorating to climb this native tree, and even more so to look up and watch Jonyna move with such acrobatic, fluid motion. She was a thing of beauty.

Taam kept his vision on the destination, star gazing with the one he loved.

Um9wLtZ.png

The trek up was at times, a bit iffy. The slick trunk of the tree was a climbing hazard at best, and the rainy season, while that night had let up, still showed it's aftereffects. Jonyna used that as an easy way to tree-surf, but she knew Taam might struggle. More often than not, she would grab him and throw him up a few feet, allowing him to catch a dry spot.

But finally, they made it.

The top of Ran Dom Kuun.

This high up, a normal human would struggle to breath, but for a Cathar, the highly oxygenated atmosphere made it entirely livable, even this high up. The perk though, was a completely unbroken sky, the moon of Cathar, Lya dom tak Shaa'tuk, shining like a beacon in the night, as both of them had the chance to stare at the full glory of the galactic swath before them. A small balcony stood, set up generations ago, by the Denik who first climbed this tree. Generations of couples had carved their names into the wood, as Jonyna led Taam up, and unfurled a blanket onto the balcony floor. <Here we are...>

Tag: Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

Their ascension through the massive city-tree left Taam well exerted. While he was a strong climber, tree surfing was Jonyna's forte, not his. It made keeping up with his nimble Denik mate a real challenge. When they finally reached the pinnacle of Ran Dom Kuun's canopy, he breathed a sigh of satisfaction.

Taam placed his hands on his hips and looked up. The sky was clear, the night sky a massive expanse of stars, only belittled a bit by the bright moon. When he sensed Jonyna moving, he broke his gaze and followed Jonyna to the balcony. Once the blanket was unfurled, Taam took Jonyna by the hand and guided her down to sit next to him. He pulled her close, relishing the beauty and solitude of the miraculous location. The couple had few moments truly alone, and Taam reveled in each and every one.

Turning from Jonyna to gaze skyward again, he spoke with an almost reverent quietness. <It is absolutely beautiful> He commented, turning only to nuzzle Jonyna's neck. <Thank you for bringing me here. This may be the most amazing place we have been together.>

Um9wLtZ.png

<Oh pssh. It's alright.> She chuckled, laying down on the blanket. She had forgone her usual coat, instead with a more tribal outfit, wanting more freedom of movement. Of course, her family tattoos shown off, as were the tribal marks on her legs. <Mom told me that couples have been coming up here since before she was born. It's pretty, and...> She paused, pointing up at the sky. <There's Coruscant. The elders say before we knew what it was, we used to call it Nyota Kuu Ya Kaskazini. and we used to think it was some kind of god.> She let out a chuckle. <A lot has changed since then, but I know Kaskazini is still a common name for it. Do they have any fun names for stuff on Kashyyyk?>

Taam settled back on th blanket, laying next to Jonyna. He had adopted more native garments for the evening himself, wearing a sleeveless tunic. His gaze traced over the tattoos spread about Jonyna's body, Symbols tied to her identity right there on Cathar. Then he looked up. The vast expanse of the galaxy was spread out before them, and Taam began to mentally try to orient himself as to which stars were which. His eye trained on Coruscant System as his mate pointed it out.

He noted what Jonyna shared about the local name for the system, and pondered her question. <Well, in the Kashyyk tribe, there are very old references to Coruscant as Kashazini. But we came to call it Neimo'ai Meu Pake'aiki, because it lay near the Core of the galaxy. Also Kourasaa, which is what the Wookiees call it. Many Shyriiwook words have been sprinked into Catharese on Kashyyyk.> He explained, reaching for her hand.

Um9wLtZ.png

<Language is fun.>
She concurred, taking his hand wordlessly. As she lay there, a soft purr escaped her, her head tilting to lay on his shoulder. <...I love you, Taam. It's nice to share this with someone. Even 900 years later, the stars are still the same, for the most part.>

Taam welcomed both the warm clasp of hands and Jonyna nestling against him. He shifted so she could comfortably rest her head on his shoulder as they lay. He continued to look upwards. <I love you too, Lithka.> He replied, using the affectionate pet name he had begun to use when they were alone. <I can't tell you how long its' been since I watched the stars with anyone.> He added. Taam had been busily devoted to the Jedi since childhood, with only the rare attempts at romance. As a wanderer, he refrained from romance as well. He just hadn't been in the right place for it. Not until he met Jonyna.

<I can't imagine what it was like, waking up in a galasy almost a millennium from your own.>

Um9wLtZ.png

<It's....humbling, I think. To see that even though they weren't all my efforts, the galaxy moved on. We won, in the end. The Rebels who were striking idly at Imperial targets, just trying to pick a fight with the Imperial War Machine...it worked. Even if it was some Farmboy who led the charge, instead of your truely.> She chuckled, leaning back, pulling out a small device from her robe. <I promised music, yeah? Lemme get some tunes going...>

She paused, fiddling with the device for a moment, before finally it played. <We don't have a song yet. I picked this one for us...>

Jonyn had been a rebel, one of 'The Rebels', who fought with Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, the heroes of the rebellion all those centuries ago. Sometimes it was hard for Taam to wrap his head around. His mate was so real to him, right there against him, warm in his arms. Yet, there was a life she had lived so far removed from him and the galaxy around them. She came from a time that had become legend. It only made him treasure her more, find her more fascinating.

She began to play a song, one she picked for them. He like it instantly. It didn't have all the synthesized sounds of a lot of the popular music coming from the core. It has real percussion, strings, and the grit that comes from very real emotions. I'm burning for you. It was a sentiment that fit his feelings for Jonyna. His love for her was visceral, and the love they shared was expressed in raw physical ways, like Cathar. Taam truly did burn for Jonyna. He held her closer. When the song was over. He looked over at her. <I like that, it'a a good song for us. That's how I feel about you, constantly.> He smiled and kissed her.

Um9wLtZ.png

That earned a blush as she leaned into the kiss, letting a tongue slip into Taam's mouth.

This was a moment she had dreamed about since she had returned all those years ago to Cathar the first time, earning her tribal tattoos, in promise of finding a mate one day. Her mother had told her back then that finding a mate would mean finding someone she truly clicked with. Someone she adored, and found awe inspiring. To many, she inspired them. To find someone who inspired her...

Taam had been one who showed her the promise of finding your own path. Kahlil had told her to seperate herself from her culture, and yet...

She couldn't. Especially not now. To her, the way of the Cathar was her life. The way of the Denik was a piece of who she was. Kahlil had told her to get a life.

Now she had found one.

Taam opened for the deepening kiss, savoring the quiet moment to express his love in the oral embrace. It was not hurried or rushed with passion, it was felt, fueled by love, received as love in an intimate exchange. The kiss lingered.

Taam was not looking for Jonyna, or anyone. He was on a journey and the Force knew when he was ready to return from his wanderings. He only needed a reason. Then came Jonyna. A guide requested to help him make his way through the jungle to the hidden enclave on New Cov, the Denik woman made an instant impression. Te two Cathar Jedi seemed to click immediately. Jonyna was full of life, daring and strikingly beautiful, all drew him and he embraced it like a glass of water at the end of a desert. She gave him reason to return from his wanderings, and even now challenged him to be the best he could be in everyway.

They were alone, in love, and in a magical place. Taam could think of no place he'd rather be.

Um9wLtZ.png

Finally breaking the kiss, Jonyna blushed, brushing a bit of burning orange hair out of her face, and laying down, head on Taam's shoulder. <...You make me feel like a teenager again.> She chuckled. <Wish I could've met you back then.>

<Me too.> Taam smiled as he turned to look skyward, feeling Jonyna nestle against his shoulder again. When she was a teenager. His mate had said the stars didn't look that much different after the centuries, when she was a teenager.

<Well, maybe you did meet like my twentieth grandfather.> Taam posed, still grinning.

Um9wLtZ.png

<Maybe. Never actually been to Kashyyyk. My team used to stick around the Ryloth area, so you'd think we'd've been there at least once, but nope! Never really had a reason to. Then again, we were all over the place. I need to show you the old jungle base we had. Then again...> She let out a sharp breath. <It's kinda top secret nowadays. You'd have to ask Val about that.> She let out a cough. <I uh...may occasionally disappear to go do stuff with her, by the way.>

Taam nodded. So Jonyna had never been to Kashyyyk. He would have to remedy that and show her his home.

At the mysterious comment about Valery Noble, Taam's brows furrowed. Taam was not surprised, Jonyna was a very valuable resource for the NJO and the Alliance, he couldn't keep her to himself. <Disappear? You better at least leave a note.> He chided his mate, nudging her teasingly. He was not fond of the idea of secrets kept from one another, but he understood. <And I am taking you to Kashyyyk.> He grinned. <You still need to see my home.>

Um9wLtZ.png

<Please do.> Jonyna purred. <...I wanna make sure we do this right, ya know? This whole...relationship. My last one was kinda a whirlwind, me and Giran only really clicked because he was a sap who couldn't handle me or, really any woman hitting on him, and I was a flirt who couldn't help herself. We didn't have a lot of options back then, so...we went for each other. Nowadays...it didn't work out. He wanted to study the Force, train to become a proper jedi. I wanted to...> She paused, her own introspection causing her mind to pause that thought.

<...I wanted to be something else. I can't be...traditional. Not after everything I've been through. Ten years of using the Force not to better myself, but to better the galaxy. I did some things the council would probably call war crimes. But...back then, it was just war. Survival. Crashing a star destroyer into another, decapitating stormtroopers just to put the fear of the jedi back into them...We did what we could to strike back at the Empire, and didn't think about what that meant for us as people. I tried my best to stay morally just but...that's all subjective, I guess. I am a Hunter, not a Predator.> Those words rang through the air, a phrase the Denik would use, and one Taam had probably heard before in his time on Ran Dom Kuun.

She looked to her mate, reaching a hand to his. <I'm glad I found you Taam. You make me feel like maybe there is hope for me as a jedi. Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble always makes me feel like I'm not welcome here. And...yeah, it's probably all in my head, but the way he talks, it's so...opposite of what I do, what I am. What I believe. Believe a jedi should be. We're heroes, no?> That question hung on her mind, hoping and praying her mate had an answer that would help ease her mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom