Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Will be Done

C A V A L I E R
TETH | PEROON
Zhea Nox Zhea Nox

N5cG5gd.png
Their arrival did not receive a very warm welcome.

As expected, they were faced with great resistance from the local criminal syndicates on Teth which, in turn, had connections with the other lot of scum scattered across this sector of the Galaxy. Away from the prying eyes of the superpowers with the only ones to focus on was the infestation of criminals. A perfect spot to plant the seeds of a civilized Imperial society, even if there was much labor to accomplish that vision.

They attacked first, foregoing any diplomacy with the crime lords here on Teth. It would’ve been a waste of time and nothing of value would be gained. This was the only way to herald in a new age of civilization to Teth and the its neighboring systems.

Right of conquest.

They struck viciously at Peroon, effectively rooting out most of its criminals. Much work was to be done if they wanted Teth completely under their influence. Neighboring towns fortified themselves, bracing whatever assault was to come from the Imperials.

For now, Simon and Zhea patrolled and vanquished any elements of unwanted debauchery. There were still hideouts and some districts were still riddled with lawlessness, especially in the outskirts of Peroon.

At the moment, they were stationed at a warehouse modified as a garrison by the engineers. Here they bordered the outskirts of Peroon where Simon had focused his time and strength every yard he could from the criminals. There was some spare time before heading out on another venture in the streets and alleys.

“May I,” he said with a pot of tea and two porcelain cups, standing at the doorway of Zhea’s quarters. “I made some tea. I hope I made it the way you like it,” he never appreciated the art of tea making as opposed to Zhea.

banner8.png

ECLIPSE
PEROON | TETH
TAG: Simon Meinrad Simon Meinrad

zheadiv.png

banner7.png

IXCHEL

She had agreed to it.

Was she going mad? Or was it the more logical approach in the end? They did discuss it before striking, after all. The diplomatic approach would be futile. Denon was ongoing proof of that. Years of trying and it was still a hole of criminal activity. Just sometimes, more direct approaches were necessary to bring about the greater good.

So she had agreed.

It was still surreal to be fighting with the Imperials after all that has happened. To be cleaning streets with them. She had to admit, their approach looked entirely different now that she saw it from their perspective. That still didn't mean she enjoyed taking a life. Each criminal that fell to her blade, left a sour taste in her mouth.

Was this the price of freedom and order? The humanity of those wanting to bring about that life for others?

Her meditation was turbulent. Sitting in the middle of her modified quarters, she tried to settle her mind but on this rare occasion, she failed miserably. Perhaps it was time to be truthful with herself. She had always been more like of mind to Simon than with the Order, albeit with a calmer temperament. Was she at war with herself now because she didn't like how things were done or was it because it didn't align with the Order's plans?

Before she could answer that question to herself, however, she was interrupted.
“May I? I made some tea. I hope I made it the way you like it,”

Zhea drew in a deep breath before opening her eyes and looking at him with a smile.
"Since when do you make tea?" she laughed as she got to her feet, motioning for him to come in. She was usually the one that did that. Not that the calming Zeilla ever had much effect on him - he still whirlwinded his way through the Order.

"It calls for celebration that you dared approach a teapot."

C A V A L I E R
TETH | PEROON
Zhea Nox Zhea Nox

N5cG5gd.png
“I figured I’d do something for you, even though I’d like to do more than just this for you,” there was hardly any time to enjoy oneself during these times. The strife was constant day after day, though their hard work paid off when comparing images when they first arrive to now where they stood. It was much more robust and colorful, the locals were very appreciative to no longer live a life controlled by senseless degenerates. Some even joined their ranks whether to be trained as soldiers or working as informants.

At her gesture, Simon entered the room and walked to where Zhea stood. During these times she been uneasy, she never spoke about her feelings but it was not hard to see her expressions and sense the imbalance within her. He asked too much of her, knowing she regarded life and peace important to her. It took a toll on her, much more than the men.

“How are you? How do you feel,” not knowing what to say to her as he set down the teapot and the cups, filling its contents with tea. “I sense you’re a little tensed.”

banner8.png

ECLIPSE
PEROON | TETH

divnew.png

banner7.png

IXCHEL

Her face softened into a much more natural adoration at his words.

"That you are improving these people's lives, is gift enough." she said softly, following him toward the table where he placed the tray. There small little moments between all the hard work, was precious.

Desperation for a child's life had driven her to finally submit to his request of joining him. But ever since, he had been different - more like he used to be than when they were facing each other on opposite ends. More human.

Just sometimes she wished that others could also experience the kindness that he reserves for her. The beauty of it made the hardships worthwhile. It's the one thing she had held onto - had hoped for - as they opposed one another from the start of the war between their nations. And it prevailed. Here they were now, with him bringing her tea just for the sake of making her feel more at home.

“How are you? How do you feel? I sense you’re a little tensed.”
Her face fell slightly at his words. Of course she wouldn't have been able to hide it - he was a Master in his own right. And strangely enough, she trusted him completely.

She let out a sigh and took a seat, taking one of the cups of tea.
"My mind is conflict with my heart." she started, hand curling around the cup before she looked at him. "What we're doing here - it goes against everything the Order taught us. The same teachings I have given so many young ones. It's...difficult, letting go of it. My heart knows what we're doing is necessary. We can already see the results taking shape. But it's still not easy for me to take a life, even if it improves another's life." She took a careful sip of the tea and savoured the taste for a minute. "The tea's good. Thank you. Seems you did pay attention to the technique all those years ago, after all." she sighed with a smile.

She then reached across the table to place a hand on top of his.
"I'm sorry to burden you with my struggles. But you needn't worry - it won't hamper what we're trying to achieve here. We're so close to getting it, after all." She withdrew to take hold of her tea once more.

"Did the men report anything new or out of the ordinary?" she asked conversationally.

C A V A L I E R
TETH | PEROON
Zhea Nox Zhea Nox

N5cG5gd.png
He can only listen, feeling a little bit of guilt as she spoke about the internal conflict within her. There was no way he could remedy her burdens, even if he tried to find something he could to make her feel more at ease. They both yearned for the same aspirations; however, where they differed was their methods in achieving that. Zhea was more moderate in her approach, and Simon was more radical in his own.

Did he ask too much for her? To abandon her values in order to accomplish this task they agreed to? Having her at his side fulfilled him, though he thought to be selfish in focusing his own wants and not consider hers.

He only cracked a smile when she complimented the tea.

"I'm sorry to burden you with my struggles. But you needn't worry - it won't hamper what we're trying to achieve here. We're so close to getting it, after all."

“Zhea,” always bringing a sense of warmth over him, saying her name, “I care for your struggles and you are of great importance to me. I may have asked too much of you, and it means too much to me to have you here. I really wish there was another alternative to ease your burdens.”

"Did the men report anything new or out of the ordinary?"

His face fell into concern when she asked. There was something, but it was beyond the ordinary.

“Yes…there has been,” saying hesitantly, “nothing to concern our borders, but there has been a dark disturbance rallying in former Imperial territory. Imperials influenced by the false promises of the Sith. Rumors of a certain Dark Lord resurfacing since the collapse of the Maw.”

A wave of chills rushed through his skin, after the last word he uttered. It was then replaced by anger.

“It’s a disgrace that they betray what their predecessors fought for, leaving it in vain for the Sith.”

banner8.png

ECLIPSE
PEROON | TETH

divnew.png

banner7.png

IXCHEL

Zhea's heart warmed at his words, easing some of the tension in her shoulders. It meant a lot, just knowing that he was there and cared for her thoughts.
She reached for his hand again. "There isn't an alternative. I was just...never a Guardian, like you. The fight doesn't come natural for me. But I'll weather it." she told him, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze before pulling back again.

When he started to speak on the men's reports, she listened intently.
“Yes…there has been,” saying hesitantly, “nothing to concern our borders, but there has been a dark disturbance rallying in former Imperial territory. Imperials influenced by the false promises of the Sith. Rumors of a certain Dark Lord resurfacing since the collapse of the Maw.”
The Sage felt her blood run could at his words. She had felt ripples in the Force, but never in her wildest dreams did she think that he'd return. It was disconcerting. Was the entire war, all those lives lost, for naught?

Simon's anger that followed his words caught her off guard, however. A flash of the man who had been an Imperial far longer than he had been a Jedi. In a way she could understand why. He had bled next to them for a very long time. She, however, was disappointed. An Imperial that still opposed the Sith, could be reasoned with. Even swayed in a way, like she had Simon. But the moment they turn to the Sith, it becomes nigh impossible to have them see reason.

The Kiffar had a sinking feeling about what would come next, but she had to know.

"What do you plan to do with this information?"

C A V A L I E R
TETH | PEROON
Zhea Nox Zhea Nox

N5cG5gd.png
"What do you plan to do with this information?"

He already knew what must be done.

“I will not suffer from the plots of the Sith, Zhea. I will rally some men and have a small, yet effective task force meant on quick raids on their frontiers. It may not be a lot, but everything counts in stopping their progress.”

A task force mixed with Stormtroopers, and mercenaries they have made good relations with.

“I will go and you will stay here as I need you to make sure everything runs smoothly during my temporary absence,” holding her hand with a soft, firm grip. While that was one of his reasons, another was his concern for her. He did not wish harm to come to Zhea and feared for it in his heart with his feelings for her. He believed that it would be for the best for the two of them.

However, Simon would not be surprised if she protested against his idea. And he would not stop her if she acted out on her own accord.

banner8.png

ECLIPSE
PEROON | TETH

divnew.png

banner7.png

IXCHEL

It was as she had thought.

He spoke of leaving with a task force, tactical maneuvering. Of course most of the men would have to stay here, holding the homefront. They'd worked too hard to just let it go. She hoped they'd be able to keep it like that.

Then he took her hand.

Her eyes found his and she knew. She didn't have to use her gift to know.
"I will go and you will stay here as I need you to make sure everything runs smoothly during my temporary absence."
Something pulled at her heart. How far they've come. Started as two like-minded friends, grew closer than that, and then it all shattered when he left and she stayed. How she did everything in her power to keep the young ones and others safe, even if it meant fighting the man she held so dear, time and again. Until it all changed again when she finally gave in to his request in order to, once again, keep a young one safe.

He had always been dear to her, even on opposing sides, but that submission out of necessity became something wholly different in the months that followed. He'd become her source of strength, her rock, her refuge. In a rare case of selfishness, she wasn't ready to lose him all over again. She also knew, however, that she wasn't going to be able to convince him to let it go.

So that meant the next best thing.

Holding onto his hands like a lifeline, Zhea's eyes pleaded with him.
"Please don't." she said. "Don't send me away from your side while you go off to war. Let me help you. I want to stop them, same as you. And I've always been better at reading signs." He'd become such a constant in her life that she couldn't risk losing for the sake of subjugating a planet.

"Commander Boulden is more than capable of keeping things under control here while we're gone."

C A V A L I E R
TETH | PEROON
Zhea Nox Zhea Nox

N5cG5gd.png
There was a reason why he left the Jedi Temple that day during the dead of night without her notice. His heart couldn’t bear to hear Zhea plead him to stay and to have hope in the future. And even then, Simon knew he shatteted her heart when she found only a note in his quarters. Perhaps it was the only cowardly moment of his life, not having the strength to see her in the eyes and know what distraught he’d cause her.

Now at this moment he knew he wouldn’t have left her when her eyes pierced his, and her hands clasped his with immense strength.

"Please don't." she said. "Don't send me away from your side while you go off to war. Let me help you. I want to stop them, same as you. And I've always been better at reading signs."

It tore him hearing her words. It was his selfishness to his emotions to ensure her safety as he could not bear to lose her or see harm come to her.

“Zhea…” having no words to counter her protests. However, his body reacted at the command of his heart, and his hands unwrapped from hers and held on to her waist. They were hardly this close and the times that happened there was always a spark between them. Only this time he’d let it burn as he reached down to her lips…

banner8.png

ECLIPSE
PEROON | TETH

divnew.png

banner7.png

EVERYTHING WE LOST IN THE FIRE

How being away from the Order changed her.

Removed from the distractions of doing what is best for the young ones and the submission to the Council, there was more time to devote to her own desires. To what, or who, made her whole enough to fully achieve peace and prosperity in the Galaxy.

They had always been stronger together. Alone, Simon had become an aimless storm and Zhea had little to no purpose within the Galaxy. Together, they became a focused hurricane, a tempered tempest. She had never been the true fighter, never took to it like he did. So she focused his ability instead, gave him a direction to use that skill. Was there at his back, always supporting, there to keep him grounded. His shelter when the storm threatened to broil out of control. And he her rock to hold onto at the same time. He lifted her, allowed her own skills to come to the light, to be used. Gave her purpose. They complimented each other so well. Teth was proof of what could be achieved together.

For him to even suggest that they split up had her fear for what could happen. That she could lose him, either spiritually or physically. She knew the dangers such emotions held, but could not deny them either. What she would do with them if the time came, remained to be seen. Now, more than ever, she had to be at his side to keep him on the ground - for mostly selfish reasons for the only time in her life.

“Zhea…”

They had always denied themselves something more. It had always been touch and go, always feeling and never acting. Always putting duty first. Putting everything else before themselves. But this time, this situation, it all changed.

When his position changed and the question was posed, she met him halfway with her answer, stepping fully into his embrace. She let go of the fear, of the tethers that had kept her at a distance and just let things be as they were. Appreciating the small pocket of bliss in all of the Galaxy's uncertainty.

Hand resting against his strong chest, she let the moment wash over them both before finally pulling away slightly with a contented sigh to look at him again while still in the circle of his arms.

"Simon...now you definitely can't leave me here."

C A V A L I E R
TETH | PEROON
Zhea Nox Zhea Nox

N5cG5gd.png
The anger and worries circling his head vanished, and was replaced with joy. How long he wanted to share a moment like this with her? Too long due to whatever circumstance that denied them.

He wished this moment would last forever and have countless more with her. Days where they’d retire their lightsabers and not worry for any wars or whatever strife disrupting the Galaxy. Just isolate themselves from the rest of the stars and spend their days together, making the best of it after losing so much time apart from one another.

He looked down on her with admiration when they pulled away, tenderly still holding her in his arms.

"Simon...now you definitely can't leave me here."

“Hah, I was hoping to convince you otherwise,” not that it was his true motive to kiss her.

“Zhea,” letting one hand rise up to gently caress her face, “I only ask because I can’t bear to imagine seeing you harmed. I…I don’t know what I’d do. You were always stronger than me in controlling your emotions.” He’d be the storm finding no rest if he loosed her. She was the only one who could soothe him.

However, he wouldn’t force her to stay if she insisted to go with him. He would never force her to do anything against her own will.

banner8.png

ECLIPSE
PEROON | TETH

divnew.png

banner7.png

Zhea smiled at his half-baked contradiction.

It was a small bubble of pure joy that surrounded them for the moment. If only there wasn't greater wrongs that needed to be righted within the Galaxy that would get in the way of perfect moments like this. If only she could be more selfish and withdraw from the troubles of the Galaxy.

Would small moments like this be all that they could get?

“Zhea,”
She closed her eyes to memorise the feel of his touch on her face, the moment, as she knew reality couldn't abide true happiness. If she could retain the echo of this moment, it would be worth it.
“I only ask because I can’t bear to imagine seeing you harmed. I…I don’t know what I’d do. You were always stronger than me in controlling your emotions.”
Zhea opened her eyes to look at him, reality already stepping back into the bliss and with it, the worry for his soul that he himself now confirmed. But she swallowed the worry and smiled at him, lifting her own hand to cup his stubbled cheek.
"You're stronger than that, hm?" she told him tenderly. "Besides, you don't have to worry, Simon. Nothing will happen to me. You'll be there." Despite the worry that he'd be taken away from her one way or another, she knew one thing - she had always felt safe with him. Even when they were crossing sabers on opposing sides, she didn't fear him. Knew that, when it came down to it, he wouldn't have killed her. Zhea knew that where she fell short in a duel against a strong opponent, he'd be there to fill in the blanks.

She reached up to lay one more light kiss on his lips before she stepped away entirely.
"Thank you for easing my troubles." she told him. "We should probably get back to work, however. Don't want to leave everything half done before we leave, yes?" She didn't want to. She wanted to stay and never return to the demands of the Galaxy, but reality wouldn't allow them more than a few moments. At least she had the gift of her people to always carry this moment with her. When all other lights go out, she'd still have this.

Perhaps when they've helped secure the Galaxy, the could finally hang up their sabers and just live.

Together, like they were supposed to be.

C A V A L I E R
TETH | PEROON
Zhea Nox Zhea Nox

N5cG5gd.png
He wished he had the strength Zhea possessed, emotionally. She was probably anxious about all of this, but she always maintained calm and had a hopeful optimistic outlook on the future.

"Besides, you don't have to worry, Simon. Nothing will happen to me. You'll be there."

That would be his only condition to assure him and be more relaxed. Being near his person and not separating from him. Something he’d make sure to let her know, before he’d forget.

He returned the kiss when she reached up to him, though a bit sad that this small intimate moment of theirs would have to come to an end to make time for their duties.

"Thank you for easing my troubles." she told him. "We should probably get back to work, however. Don't want to leave everything half done before we leave, yes?"

“No, there’s much to do before preparing our voyage. Teth is widely under our control, but we need to root out the last holdouts of the criminals resisting us,” again the main reason why they were here on the outskirts of Peroon. It was night and day compared the inner districts of the city to its wayward slums here. Unfortunately, however, things were just more violent than they used to as the scum resorted to fearful and terrorist tactics, their damage causing indifferent damage to whomever caught in their crosshairs.

No one enjoyed a sore loser, and that was exactly how they were going on about it. Doing literally whatever they can to impede the Imperials.

“Come,” and webbed his fingers into hers, “we shouldn’t keep the men waiting for too long. The sooner we finish, the sooner we’ll have time to rest,” and time to dedicate to Zhea.

Though it would probably be short lived to focus on the bigger threat that could endanger them and what they had built here.

banner8.png

ECLIPSE
PEROON | TETH

divnew.png

banner7.png

It was bittersweet.

To have finally broken through that last barrier and actually admit their feelings for one another was a relief beyond comprehension. But to return to their duties, equally important, stole the moment away from them.

How far would Fate go to keep them apart?

Her face fell at his words about the holdouts. It was a difficult situation. How to root them out without them taking it out on innocent citizens. It was partly why the fight had been weighing hard on her. They couldn't just march the men in there or they wouldn't have a people left to liberate from the yoke of criminals. It became more and more evident that something else was needed.

“Come, we shouldn’t keep the men waiting for too long. The sooner we finish, the sooner we’ll have time to rest.”
Zhea had been chewing her lip in thought before he laced his fingers with hers. Her eyes met his then and she knew what had to be done.
"Wait." she said, holding onto his hand to stop him. "What if...we go about this differently? I have the innate hunting skill of my people - what if I infiltrated? Alone. Get the masterminds' exact position and then transmit that back to you? It could mean a more precise hit instead of letting more people get caught in the crossfire. Wouldn't that work better?" she suggested. It had been a while since she had done it, but it was part of her. In her blood.

Part of her knew that, especially after his latest confession, that he would likely not bite on the idea to let her do it alone. But she was the best tracker between all of them and stood the best chance of actually succeeding without casualties. She'd feel slightly better if he was with her, but his whole being screamed Imperial. He could be a liability, painful as it was.

But the ultimate decision was his.

C A V A L I E R
TETH | PEROON
Zhea Nox Zhea Nox

N5cG5gd.png
He stopped at her command and listened to what she had to say. Truth be told, there was an ounce of fear after listening to her. A number of “ifs” rushed to his head, all of them being negative predictions.

What if she was captured?

What if she was killed?

What if…

What if…​

What if she succeeded?

Despite his feelings he knew he had to have faith and trust in her. He couldn’t keep her glued to him as it would only frustrate their relationship.

“I trust in you, Zhea. I have my doubts, but I will not allow it to cloud my judgment. Just have a tracking beacon on you at all times. Should anything happen…”

He’d level the whole neighborhood should any harm come to her.

“How do you plan on doing this? Pretending you’re one of them? You don’t convince me as a thug.”

banner8.png

ECLIPSE
PEROON | TETH

divnew.png

banner7.png

Zhea released a breath she didn't realise she had been holding when he finally spoke.

It was better than she hoped for - that he would let her go in alone. She knew it couldn't be easy for him to not only relinquish that control, but to have blind faith that she would be fine. It was, just sometimes, as if he forgot that she was actually a Jedi Master capable of looking after herself as well as others. But his worry was touching, nonetheless. He always saw her as more than someone good at teaching young ones or someone that can ease some kind of tension somewhere.

“How do you plan on doing this? Pretending you’re one of them? You don’t convince me as a thug.”

A smile spread on her face as she playfully shoved him against his shoulder.
"You'd be surprised how well I can pull off that look." she said. "You, on the other hand, couldn't stop looking like an Imperial, even if you wanted to." she added jokingly.

"I'll pose as one of the outlying spies bringing back intel. They'll have no choice but to take me to some high-ranking people to relay the message. That way, I'll have the exact location. Don't take too long to get there once you have the coordinates, though. Once they figure out it's a ruse, I'll only be able to hold them off for so long. And try not to get citizens caught in the crossfire." she then explained in a more serious manner. Jokes aside, she knew it was quite a dangerous undertaking. They haven't been able to crack the inner hive thus far. Zhea just hoped that, this time, the tactic would work. The criminals had to have some kind of headquarters where most of them would gather without too much risk. They just needed to find it.

"Go. Brief the men. I'll get ready and meet you in the Operations Hall."

zheadiv2.png

The transformation was jarring.

It had been so long since she had been on her home planet, that the attire felt almost foreign. But the Kiffarian tattoos afforded her a much more tribal and rugged appearance when the need called for it, letting her easily blend into the underworld populace when she needed. It came in handy quite a few times on Coruscant and Denon.

Her saber was hidden properly, but close, as was her commlink.
"That tracking beacon better be small." she said as she met up with Simon. She had to get outside the base to be able to pull this off successfully. The sooner the better, but she wished she could linger for another moment. Draw a little of his strength to face that hive alone.

"When do you plan to launch this operation?"

C A V A L I E R
TETH | PEROON
Zhea Nox Zhea Nox

N5cG5gd.png
He was eager to see the disguise she conjured up in short time. Simon and Zhea were always refined, educated individuals…or at least that’s how saw her since their time together at the Temple. He could never imagine her like a thug roaming the streets for her next victim.

After all, a lightsaber distinguished itself as a more refined and civilized weapon compared to other weapons in this Galaxy.

He was then dumbfounded when she returned from her quarters in her new look. Ragged clothing which revealed her tribal tattoos, and her hair being loose and “unwashed”. He still recognized her at a close distance, though afar it would be difficult to identify her in a crowd.

“All I can say is that I hope this operation goes by fast, that look does not suit you,” with a chuckle. “I want this operation be done tonight, if possible. The sooner, the better.”

“As for the beacon…well,”
and pulled a syringe, “I promise it won’t hurt or have any side effects. It’s the best way in case they frisk you. I will remove it afterwards.”

“But I won’t force you, the choice is yours.”

banner8.png

ECLIPSE
PEROON | TETH

divnew.png

banner7.png

“All I can say is that I hope this operation goes by fast, that look does not suit you,”

Zhea shifted uncomfortably at his scrutiny, but a smile still played on her face.
"I come from a rural tribe on Kiffu. Our attire wasn't much different from this - just more...tribal." she explained lightly. "But I'll try to get this done as soon as possible. It all depends on if I'm actually taken to the heads. I'll still be able to find them - it'll just take me a bit longer. At least I'll blend in." she then went on in a more serious tone.

When he spoke of the beacon, almost hesitantly while producing a syringe, her face softened, almost making her look like her old self. She stepped forward, taking his free hand.
"I trust you." she told him, squeezing his hand before turning over her arm for him to implant the beacon. "Go ahead. Like you said, the sooner we get this done, the better." The time for being averse to such things has long since passed. She wasn't a Consular Mentor anymore. The Frontier called for different measures.

When he had finished with the beacon, she sighed. This was it now. Time to get the ball rolling.
"I have to get going now, if we're to do this." she said. Then her sky-blue eyes found his. "Don't be late, Simon."

With that, she started heading toward one of the back exits of the warehouse.

C A V A L I E R
TETH | PEROON
Zhea Nox Zhea Nox

N5cG5gd.png
They bid their farewells and luck to each other before Zhea walked to leave the Imperial makeshift garrison.

The men had been informed of the operation Simon and Zhea had planned, and begin to prepare the tactics and weaponry for the assignment.

For now all they could do was wait to hear from Zhea, eagerly awaiting for whatever updates she had to share with the others.

N5cG5gd.png

Peroon’s slums were not as dirty as Coruscant’s lower levels, though its layouts and architecture were similar to Mos Eisley…without the sand and arid climate thanks to the rich plains and forests that supported Teth’s agriculture.

Fire pits were here and there with rogue personas gathering around with a handle, narcotics or weapons on their person. Panhandlers sitting down in busy streets, sometimes by inappropriate cantinas or clubs with enslaved dancers. Ill illuminated corners where plots were devised and every turn had a nauseated smell of bile, drugs, waste, and the occasional deteriorating corpse.

The only thing that stood out of sight and a welcome change to scenery were the innocent commoners; walking alone or in pairs and hugging against the walls of buildings to not draw attention to themselves.

Despite the ongoing feud between the criminal gangs and the Imperials the debauchery lifestyle did not cease. However, patrols of thugs and mercenaries roamed tirelessly through the streets and interrogated anyone they had a hunch about being an Imperial agent; though it always ended poorly for the victim at hand as they were mugged and left beaten when said patrols were satisfied.

banner8.png

ECLIPSE
PEROON | TETH

divnew.png

banner7.png

The state of the slums were an emotional struggle for Zhea.

It took every inch of her self-control not to stop a thug from harassing a citizen. She needed to succeed with this mission for their sakes. They were here to help these people. She had to keep up the ruse to succeed in that.

The Kiffar was following a certain echo, ignoring all other thugs and mercenaries despite their cat-calling. It was a stronger presence she was hunting and with her gift, it didn't take long at all.

She found the Devaronian in a dirty little cantina.
"You're a hard man to find." Zhea twanged on purpose as she yanked a bodyguard away from the booth table and sliding onto the bench across from the syndicate General.
The horned male's eyes narrowed at his guards before he looked back at her.
"Can I help you?" he asked her.
"I got a message for the brass about the Imps. Can't waste time, so they need to hear it now, 'fore it's too late." She prayed to high heaven that the beacon couldn't do recordings while it's embedded in her skin. Simon would never let her forget it if he heard the role she was playing.
"Who are you, schutta? Haven't seen you around." he growled.
"Ché. Been undercover in the Imp camp. Shit I heard now, made me bolt straight here. Everyone needs to hear it." Two fingers waved underneath the table, bending the Devaronian's mind to her will.
Yellow eyes clouded a bit as he watched her. "I...yes, everyone should hear. Follow me."

zheadiv2.png

Zhea hoped the beacon would still be transmitting and that the lads were already on their way.

The grit in an inconspicuous curtained wall they went through led to such an extensive tunnel system that even the Jedi Master got confused with all the turns they were taking. She only hoped these thugs weren't smart enough to jam all signals.

The runed blast door they reached had her heart sinking, however. It would not be easy for Simon and the men getting in here. The gatekeeper droids' orange eyeballs reached toward the Devaronian. He looked at them with his hands on his hips.
"It's urgent." he growled.

It must have done the trick, because they found themselves in a very lit hallway on the other side of the blast door. Before long, they moved through another door into a cavernous area bustling with life.

No wonder they weren't able to find these people.

Then she was planted in front of a small group of people.
"Speak up." the alien growled at her.
But Zhea's gaze had found ones of one who was supposedly the big wigs and was completely struck dumb.

It was eyes she knew well.

The spike in her heartbeat would be instantly picked up through the beacon that tapped her vitals as well. She knew the man recognised her too as his jaw clenched. But it was one of the other big wigs that spoke up first.
"She ain't one of us. Get her!" the woman yelled.

Zhea's cerulean blade ignited as she summoned it into her hand while she settled into a defensive stance. Her eyes darted toward her old colleague's again who stood rooted to the spot. Then all hell broke loose.

Her last thought for Simon to hurry before she swung her blade to take down the first thug that reached for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom