Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Working the Blade - Mandalorian Style

Outfit: This
Equipment: Blaster Rifle, 2x Blaster Pistols, Beskad (damaged), vibrodagger, 3x thermal detonators
Tags: Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel

He had been putting this off.

Coming to Manda'lor. Visiting the restored homeworld of his ancestors. It was something that he did not feel compelled to comply with, his father had sought out a different path for Tarw in seeking a Jedi life for him. Tarw was walking his own path, rejecting the Jedi life for becoming a soldier. Seeking out revenge and ensuring justice was given to his father.

However, something wasn't working as well as he had planned. Tarw was using his mother's beskad that she had left him when she passed, but recently he had noticed the blade was not as sharp as it had once been. It was chipped and it was not the quality that it had once been. What Tarw hadn't realised was that the way he had been training with the beskad, the way he was using the sword was damaging the blade. He hadn't completed his beskad training with his aunts so he was guessing how to wield the sword.

But he was living in ignorance and believing that it was simply needing repairs and figured there would be someone around to ensure the quality of the blade was higher than it currently was.

Exiting the hangar, Tarw looked around. The planet of Manda'lor was something that he was not sure what to expect. It didn't feel important or momentum for Tarw but he felt something. He certainly could feel some energy of this planet that resonated with him. There was a connection here but Tarw put it away, he was not a Jedi, a Force User, he was not a Mandalorian, he was a soldier like his father. That was all he would allow himself to be.

Heading over to the forges, Tarw approached a smith and coughed to grab their attention. "I need a beskad restored and potentially reforged, the quality might not be high enough." Tarw stated firmly, the Mandalorian looked at him curious.

He wasn't in Mandalorian armour and he didn't carry himself as a Mandalorian so it was a fair look. Pulling out a family code, Tarw tapped the code in and his mother's family tree was revealed. "My mother was Mandalorian. It was her beskad that she left to me. It is not stolen beskar." Tarw reassured the smith.

"Ain't me you need to talk to then. Over there, they can help you with this particular issue. The blade shouldn't be bad quality... Not unless your mother messed around with the beskar." The smith noted before gesturing Tarw to move on.

Tarw followed the direction and approached a new smith working at the forge.

"I was told you could help me with my beskad."

Ijaat looked up and grunted. It wasn't meant to be rude, even if it was. Quenching a piece he was working on, he turned to the newcomer. He wasn't armored from the waist up, a table holding the softly glowing bes'manda of the goran's armor. His hands were covered in thick forge gloves. bare arms covered in blade, blaster and burn scars of many years.

Holding his hand out, he clicked his tongue in an impatient waiting manner, but had the grace to smile a bit too, aware he could be brisk when working according to Mia Monroe Mia Monroe .

"Well come on lad. If Devran sent you to me, then it's a project for sure. Let's see it. Do you know the alloy make-up? Who's work it was?"

Questions tumbled out in curiosity as his head cocked to the side almost bird-like.

Tarw Rhyfelwr Tarw Rhyfelwr

Outfit: This
Equipment: Blaster Rifle, 2x Blaster Pistols, Beskad (damaged), vibrodagger, 3x thermal detonators
Tags: Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel

Pulling out the blade, he placed it on the table for the smith to get a good look at. His hands then placed themselves on his hips as he looked down at the blade, "I am not too sure on the composit, not something I tried to look into. It was my mother's familial blade, something she left to me. I believe it was made centuries ago by a family smith in a home forge." Tarw shrugged, he wasn't too familiar with his Mandalorian heritage, his mother often stated that it was painful to recall all those memories and she preferred to leave them in the last.

The blade was a simple design, traditional in appearance and was once a sacred family legacy. Currently, it looked chipped and dulled, damaged from poor usage and not from the quality it was made with. Tarw wasn't aware of this and his mind wondered to the beskar his mother had, it was currently in the possession of his aunts. They stated that he would only receive it if he embraced the Mandalorian within himself. It was a complex feeling since the armour would provide better protection that his father's armour but he could not forgo the legacy of his father.

Looking up at the smith, "so, how much will this cost to sort out?" Tarw asked as he reached for his credits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom