Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Young Archeologists

370d9lz.png

It wasn't often Aliris found a lead to an artifact hidden away that had yet to be discovered. At all, actually. It was exciting to be the one who rediscovered something that had been lost to the centuries since it was entombed. It's why she was here, standing outside the tomb with an all too excited smile on her face. She finally got herself a different set of clothing. Rugged stuff, at least that's what she was told. Something that'd help protect her when she was spelunking the tombs.

Or something. She was only half listening to the merchant as she fitted the goggles on her head.

And now she was pulling those goggles over her eyes as she prepared her way into the ravine. Rappel her way down, find the entrance that had been revealed in the earthquake. Who'd of thought there was a relic on Jakku?

"Alright. Nice and easy. Hold the line, gently squeeze to slow the fall. Easy."

Because she certainly knew how to rappel down a hole. At least the equipment was cheap to get. Aliris hooked right in, squeezing the rope grabber to slow the way down. It was, surprisingly, easy. Maybe because of the Force and her using it to help slow her fall subconsciously, but she wasn't that aware of what she could do and not. All she had to do was get to the bottom of this large, massive black pit she was currently dangling in. Yeah, this was fine.

Roxy Rizzan Roxy Rizzan

banner2.png

SPARKY
SAND | JAKKU
TAG: Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru

ceridiv.png

banner3.png

DOLLSS

Sand.

It got EVERYWHERE!

Why she had to be the one that had to be here and go digging was anyone's guess. It wasn't like she was giving her Master any troubles. All things considered, Starlin was actually pretty damn patient with her.

Yet here she was.

Trudging through sand toward some tomb. Great. She wasn't even allowed her musicplayer. Even the assignment was vague. This had to be some kind of punishment to try and teach her patience.
"Sand sucks. It will never promote patience, people."

She was still grumbling to herself about the sand when she saw some movement close to the tomb and then heard the jingle of small metal things that Ceri EVENTUALLY placed as the sound of rock climbing equipment.

Unclipping her saber just in case, she slinked toward the hole and peered over the edge. Another girl was hanging midway down before everything just went black in the hole.
Weird.
Was she getting in or out? Why on earth was there someone else here?

"Hey, uh, you ok down there?!"

Bleeding heart much, Ceri?

370d9lz.png

"Hey, uh, you ok down there?!"

It was a good thing that her panicked reaction was squeezing the rope grabber rather than letting go. There wasn't supposed to be anyone else here! Well, no. She took a breath, glancing up from the darkness around her to find the source of the voice. It wasn't like this place was off limits to people. And if Aliris knew, it'd be obvious that that someone else would. Breath, relax. They weren't a threat, right?

Probably. Maybe.

"Uh, yeah! I'm good. .. How are you? You good?"

Roxy Rizzan Roxy Rizzan

banner2.png

SPARKY
SAND | JAKKU

ceridiv.png

banner3.png

DOLLS

Oops.

She didn't mean to spook the girl, strange as it was that she was dangling between heaven and earth.
"Uh, yeah! I'm good. .. How are you? You good?"
A bubble of laughter escaped the Padawan.
"I think I'm better than you. I'm not the one hanging in a dark hole. What're you doing? You need help or something?" It was a small comfort being able to shift her attention to something other than annoying sand and lack of music. She still didn't know if this girl could be trusted, but one step at a time as Starlin would say.

She'll fish more after an answer.

370d9lz.png

"Oh yeah no just hanging out." Aliris snorted and rolled her eyes. People didn't just climb into the dark like this for fun, did they? Wait did they? She paused in thought on that before shrugging her shoulders and again squinting up towards the stranger. They were here for the tomb, weren't they? And was that a lightsaber? The young girl frowned before looking back down to start sliding her way to the base below.

"Exploring. You need something? Or you just lost?"

Roxy Rizzan Roxy Rizzan

banner2.png

SPARKY
SAND | JAKKU

ceridiv.png

banner3.png

DOLLS

"Oh yeah no just hanging out."

Yeah, right...Ceri thought. "I can see that." she said. It seemed the girl reconsidered her response then to settle for something more believable. Now, they were getting somewhere.
"No, I'm neither. I'm supposed to do the same as you are, to be honest." the Chandrilan admitted. "Wanna work together? We have no idea what's down and in there." She also wasn't planning to let this girl out of her sight.

That would just be irresponsible.

370d9lz.png

"Oh. Uh. Work together?" That could work. Maybe. That was a lightsaber for sure, and she doubted a Jedi or Sith would be willing to share. But she was also currently hanging over a pit and a quick slash of the same lightsaber would eliminate any competition. Huh. That was a sobering thought. Aliris swallowed lightly as she continued her way down the line, just to lessen any potential fall she might be subjected to.

"Yeah sure. I'll uh, meet you at the bottom, easy."

Roxy Rizzan Roxy Rizzan

banner2.png

SPARKY
SAND | JAKKU

ceridiv.png

banner3.png

DOLLS

Huh.

That was easier than she thought. Though, the girl seemed determined to slip away. Well, not if Ceri could help it. Starlin had taught her some neat tricks. So she disengaged the saber and jumped without gear or fanfare.
"You got it! See ya at the bottom!" she hollered as she came falling past the grappling girl.

She stretched her senses forward, feeling with the Force of where the bottom was. When she was sure she was close to the bottom, she pushed forward with the Force to slow her descent.

She touched down lightly on some real slushy ground.
"Oh ew." she said before looking. "I hope you have boots on!"

370d9lz.png

She jumped.

Full on panic filled Aliris's expression as the other girl jumped down towards her. She fumbled, letting go of the rope clamp in favor of trying to hastily pull her dagger free and ready some kind of defense. Which, of course, just had her plummet herself. And have the other girl sail right on by. The younger girl continued to fumble though, now abandoning trying to draw her dagger to instead regain control of the clamp or something to stop herself from her hasty fall.

Which she succeeded with. Near the bottom. And with some rope burn on her palms.

She hissed in annoyance as she finally touched down with a light thump, her gaze staring up before glancing to where she thought there might be a dead stranger who for some reason decided to kill herself after a decent chat. Only for said stranger to be standing. And waiting.

"Are you daft or something? Why in the hell would you just jump into a pit?"

Roxy Rizzan Roxy Rizzan

banner2.png

SPARKY
SAND | JAKKU

ceridiv.png

banner3.png

DOLLS

Ok that wasn't intended.

The girl looked spooked when she finally touched down. Oops.
"Are you daft or something? Why in the hell would you just jump into a pit?"
Ceri chuckled. "I didn't see a reason why not to, to be honest. Sorry, though." she added, genuinely sorry. You ok?" she asked then. "Oh, by the way, I'm Ceri. Nice to meet ya."

The Padawan ignited her saber for a bit of extra light as she turned around to see what's around them, holding it above her head for it to cast a bigger ring of light.
"Interesting." she mused before looking at the girl.

"You were here first. Lead the way. I'll hold the light."

370d9lz.png

"I'm..! I'm good." She cleared her throat and shook her head as she stood up. No, don't give in to emotion. Especially if she wasn't sure if this girl was Jedi, Sith, or some other Force Using cult group all together. None of them would be her friend, but some were easier to deal with, that was for sure. She lifted her goggles from her eyes, pulling a torch from her pack to ignite and shine her own light, only for it to be brightened further by the hum she didn't want to hear.

Jedi.

Aliris's gaze narrowed on the ignited saber as she seemed to calm some. There was no doubt of it now. A Jedi was here. With her. Going down into the tomb she wanted to explore. She rolled her eyes as she stepped forward to lead the way, tightening her grip on her torch just a little more.

"Sure. .. There something you're looking for here, by chance?"

Roxy Rizzan Roxy Rizzan

banner2.png

SPARKY
SAND | JAKKU

ceridiv.png

banner3.png

DOLLS

Huh.

The girl looked pleasantly surprised to say that she was good. Oh well, at least she was okay. So Ceri allowed her to pass her. She did, however, notice the narrow eyes that looked at her saber. Huh. Something to keep an eye on. Her master would kill her if she didn't.

When asked if she was looking for something, Ceri shrugged.
"Nothing in particular. I was just sent here to see what I can find. So I guess I'll know it when I see it." she said as they walked. But suddenly, the Chandrilan felt funny, as if they were being watched.

That shiver down your spine feeling.

370d9lz.png

Great. Know it when she sees it. Very much a Jedi kind of answer. It annoyed the girl that much more, but she didn't voice it. Just scrunched her face up in that same annoyance as she stayed leading the way. And, well. Too annoyed to bother glancing the Jedi's way. Or, in fact, notice that they were being watched. She kept moving, kept her flashlight forward. If she found what she was looking for before this girl, maybe she could sneak it away.

There was no doubt in her mind Ceri would take if if she found it first.

"So.. You a Jedi, huh?"

Roxy Rizzan Roxy Rizzan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom