Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Across the Stars: Lost and Found

Tarish Galland

T

RYqt0su.gif

WEARING: Fancy Robes, Force Talisman
TAGS: Valery Noble Valery Noble

His coming to the wedding hadn't been as huge an ordeal as he had thought.

Being your own echo chamber for thoughts had likely not helped. Silence being his only counsel on the matter of his presence while in transit to figure out if he should actually attend.

Ultimately, he had summoned the courage to do so.

He'd already given what he could to help her achieve a goal. And even returned from the grave to see what came of it. He could at least slip in to congratulate her on a momentous day.

And he hadn't spoiled it.

His fears had been his own. Reflections of an image that swam in his mind. Altered views and opinions that had troubled him since his return. Fear. Anxiety. Isolation.

Thoughts he slowly realized had been planted to keep him from reaching out.

Things he wanted to be rid of.

Tarish was silent for a long while, watching everyone for a time longer before a chance to speak with Valery Noble Valery Noble presented itself. He was tired. Felt worse than the time an entire factory leveled itself atop him.

But he wanted to get the path started as he had said. As he had wanted to. Not only for Amani, but ultimately himself.

He slipped back into familiar habits. Even if the charm wasn't entirely present.

She broke away from a conversation, likely to return to her husband as he placed himself between her and her goal with something close to a warm smile.

"Valery Noble. Sword of the Jedi, and fierce lightside warrior that lives in the head of many a Sith, or otherwise ill reputed beings, entirely rent free." He smiled with the slight bow he gave her. Rising to speak once more. "I was wondering if I couldn't ask for some advice, or maybe your help even, on a matter that. Well. Quite literally plagues me."

A hand tucked into the sash while the other scratched his chin. He wasn't pinning all his hopes on an interaction, but of everyone present he figured this was likely a good place to start.

Alicio-Amani-wedding.jpg

Tython
div-orange.png
Outfit: dress
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Tarish Galland

"Glad we could catch up some, but we'll have to meet again soon! See you later," Valery said before she stepped away and looked around for her husband again. There were so many familiar faces here that it was impossible to talk to everybody, but she still made an effort to chat with a few. Luckily, it wasn't very difficult to spot her husband either — he towered over most people, so once she noticed him close to where she had left him, Valery began to walk in his direction.

It was still sometimes a strange feeling to her. To see him again, to talk to him, and to be with him once more. But she also couldn't be happier because of it, so she was looking forward to-

Valery blinked and stopped as another man stepped directly into her path. Unlike the people she had talked to earlier, she didn't know him at all. But judging by the way he addressed her, it seemed like he knew who she was, at least. "That's me..." she smiled a little sheepishly at the way he introduced her, but she still bowed her head respectfully in return.

"I was wondering if I couldn't ask for some advice, or maybe your help even, on a matter that. Well. Quite literally plagues me."

She paused for just a moment. Coming here, to her, had meant leaving work behind for a day to focus on something fun and exciting. But she was still a Jedi, and that meant she just couldn't decline a request for help. "Of course, how can I help you?" she asked with a slight tilt of her head.

"I also don't think I caught your name yet?"

Tarish Galland

T

RYqt0su.gif

An amused grin appeared at the sheepish acknowledgement.

"So modest. You wear the title well from what I hear. I'll quit before I start rambling." He pushed the topic forward as he visibly weighed the words he was about to use.

Her brow rising at the question of his name.

"Tarish. Tarish Galland. Former Silver. Not ironically left around the same time Amani left the Silvers. Very different reasons though since I uh. I died." He clicked his tongue as he nodded.

"Which is sort of the reason I've come to bend your ear. Ah, your husband, and you by extension, or maybe you more so, might know someone that could uh. Maybe. Help with. My uh. Condition." Now he chewed his lip.

Alicio-Amani-wedding.jpg

Tython
div-orange.png
Tag:
Tarish Galland

"I appreciate the kind words," Valery said with a more warm smile this time. She never liked throwing around titles or accomplishments, but it was heartwarming to hear that others appreciated the work she did. That was something she could feel proud about.

Tarish then introduced himself, and the mention of the Silvers got her to raise a brow. "Ah, I know Amani was once a Silver Jedi. Is that how you two met?" Valery asked, completely unaware of what their actual relationship was like. But that wasn't really the point of this conversation at all. What he really wanted to discuss had the entire atmosphere changed completely.

Was he nervous? Scared even?

"Well, I'm always willing to help and so is my husband." The fact that he was mentioned began to turn some gears in her mind already. Kahlil was an amazing Jedi Master, but he had some more specific strengths as well. "I can also direct you to many others depending on what you need. To get you the help you really need."

"What kind of condition is affecting you?"

Tarish Galland

T

RYqt0su.gif

"That is how Amani and I met yes. On Yurb when the Bryn'adûl attacked. Surprise that she was helping evacuate civilians even as a padawan. Big ugly thing attacked, was a whole chittin mess when it finally left. Ura and Amani were more or less able to walk away though so." He shrugged before the topic circled back to his own request.

His fingers rubbed together, right arm coming down and pinching the sleeve of the left.

"I left the Silvers after an incident on Onderon. With Amani." He rolled the edge of the sleeve back enough to reveal the charred portions of his wrist and clear up his arm that were still charred.

More was hidden beneath the robes, and the scar across his face was modest in comparison.

"I was forcibly returned to life. Put back into a charred husk that is barely functioning. And chained to the dark side in ways I haven't been able to shake or change. At least on my own."

Alicio-Amani-wedding.jpg

Tython
div-orange.png
Tag:
Tarish Galland

The smile Valery had when he talked about meeting Amani faded instantly the second he pulled up his sleeve and revealed his arm. She didn't look at it in disgust or with shock in her eyes, but there was a deep frown that captured the sympathy she felt for the pain he must endure.

She wondered how long it has been like this.

"Can I...?" she inched closer with her hand, asking whether or not she could gently take his hand for a closer look. If he allowed it, she let his hand softly settle into her palm while she studied the condition. This wasn't a natural burn wound at all, and his explanation confirmed it.

There was something much darker about this.

"I don't think I can heal this condition. Not without-" She shook her head. Any use of the Light to counter the dark side affecting him would be extremely painful. It could possibly end up doing more harm than good. "But perhaps I can help address the root of this problem. My husband may be able to help with the condition, but I also believe a proper Healer would be able to do more."

Tarish Galland

T

RYqt0su.gif

"Feel free. Just. Your hand might feel uh. Grimy? Or-it won't feel clean. Like you touched something greasy. If you. Touch a scar, I mean." He explained as she took his hand and examined the winding wounds.

In the presence of someone steeped in the light, the usual pulse of orange shifted to a malignant crimson, a rapid flare of color following where her gaze fell.

Her words confirmed what he had already worried about.

"Even Dark side," He paused on his next words, halfway scoffing when he spoke. "Healers were hesitant about it."

She mentioned her husband, and he was curious if the other might have a better notion of how to proceed.

"So long as it won't be a bother. I don't want to cut into the merriment. Just. Looking for options, I guess." His smile was half-hearted, the anger about his situation having long lost its energy to be present.

Alicio-Amani-wedding.jpg

Tython
div-orange.png
Tag:
Tarish Galland Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"It'll be alright," Valery assured him with what was hopefully a comforting smile. She then reached for his hand and while she expected to feel the darkness more vividly, the visible change was rather surprising. And very troubling. Over her many years of serving as a Shadow, she had seen a lot of peculiar things happen because of Dark Side connections but this was entirely new even to her.

How could she even begin to heal it?

"I understand why they were hesitant," Valery said with a frown. "It's hard to treat or heal something that you don't understand, and I doubt they grasped just what exactly this is." Blinking, she looked up and smiled sheepishly. "I uh, didn't mean to be rude with that. It's just... we have to be careful."

But if there was one person who could help, she was confident that it would be her beloved husband.

"A bother? Oh no, he'd be more than happy to help. In fact, I think he'd really like to be able to help someone with a situation like this. So..." Valery smirked a little and turned to look in her husband's direction. There was no need to call for him by yelling — she sent a signal that she needed his help through their bond, and he never ignored those.

"He'll be here in a moment," Valery then said as she turned back and smiled, while she waited for Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble to join them.

Kahlil_Div2.png

It didn't take long for him to show up. He'd been mostly just watching Vera and the occasional conversation, but he was never the most social of butterflies. So when the call came? He wasn't doing anything. He walked up, smiling towards Valery. Then let his gaze fall on Tarish. He blinked. Then a different sort of emotion took over his features. Sorrow. Sorrow and joy. He already knew what the general idea of it all was.

But to see who it was about took him off guard.

".. I'm glad you made it out too."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

RYqt0su.gif

TAGS: Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

He frowned as she examined him. And while she might have seen it as a touch rude, he found her comment rather amusing.

"Careful isn't a word I use often, so someone has to be." He remarked with a slight laugh to his words. He was patient at first when she informed him her husband would be arriving soon.

Taking a second to look around them before slowly rocking back and forth on his heels. It wasn't long at all before the man arrived, and the comment made him actually think for once in his life. Looking up at him, it wasn't immediately clear.

Too?

His eyes opened wide the moment the gear settled into place.

"When I have as big a distraction as you, it isn't hard. Glad to-" His words cut off, eyes glancing to Valery, then back to Kahlil.

The galaxy was a strange place.

"You are doing well indeed. Feth I forgot how tall you are." He crossed his arms, raising a hand with a growing smirk. "No talking about the past. I'm trying to stick to this sith less diet."

Last edited by a moderator:

Alicio-Amani-wedding.jpg

Tython
div-orange.png
Tag:
Tarish Galland Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Kahlil was rather quick to make his way over, and as always, Valery's expression and aura seemed to brighten up a little. She smiled at him in return and stepped just a little closer, likely without even realizing it. By his side, her gaze shifted between the two of them, and surprise filled her eyes.

They know each other?

"Tha Galaxy is a small place sometimes," Valery chuckled and let out a soft sigh. "But I agree. To move forward it's best we don't stay stuck in the past. Your condition is something serious and we'll have to figure it out before it gets worse." Valery shifted to her husband and looked at him for input.

"Do you have an idea about how we can address the physical side of it? Redemption usually doesn't involve something like this." This was one of the few things where she really had no prior experience to draw from.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Yeah, we- Yeah." Talking about those days would have to wait. Not to relive them. But there was some trauma they both had from that time. Some things they both did that they'd rather forget. If he wanted to be a Jedi, though, they couldn't.

Kahlil reached up, stroked his chin a little. Looked over Tarish for a moment. From what he remembered of Skorne.. "The Light will burn you. I've no doubt about that. But.. I've been trying to figure out a way to fix that. There are things, people, twisted by the dark. Irreversibly, as some would say. But maybe it's not." And like that he was into a different sort of mood entirely. He reached back, as if for a journal. Only to remember that he was at a wedding and thus didn't bring such an item. He paused, then let out a chuckle.

"It might take some time, but I spent a long time as a Sith working on how to give a corpse a soul. The inverse should be easy, right?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

RYqt0su.gif

TAGS: Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

He squinted a little as Valery did indeed seem to glow. He was growing more and more thankful for the Talisman with the passing minutes.

"Well. The only way it's going to get worse is just... well perma-death, this time." He shrugged, watching the pair as Kahlil seemed to reach for something only to realize where he was.

"Yeah. Formal ceremony. Not the usual attire for me either." He followed in the chuckling until the topic switched gears quickly.

"You would think someone already had an idea on that topic. Surprisingly, Sith archives are, uh, a bit scant-" He paused the verbal thought. "Known, Sith archives are scant on the details." Correcting himself before trailing down the thought Kahlil had presented.

"I mean. So long as I don't have to act like a lightning rod again, I'm down for trying about anything to get out of this." He informed the duo, scratching his chin and letting the intrusive thought win. "I have some terrible customer service stories with this mug."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom