Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And I Take Your Money [TU Dominion of Naboo]

Objective: A - Aggressive Negotiations

Lots of nobles lived in Theed. Perhaps not all of them, but enough to make the treaty they were being 'requested' to sign look legitimate. TA1 Battle droids marched through the streets in neat columns, small squads peeling off every time they passed the towering estates of a Naboo noble family. On occasion some noblemen got the idea to have their security details fight back and resist detainment. They became a great deal more compliant when their security details were slain and they were subsequently dragged out of their homes by their hair. Despite some concerns from observers, they were not being dragged off to a timely execution.

That would only be the case if they refused to comply.

Instead the nobles were gathered in the courtyard of the royal palace, where a temporary outpost had been erected to screen them. It was early morning and so the nobility present where in varying stages of dress and decency. It would have all been rather comical if the fate of their world wasn't about to be decided by a malevolent conglomerate of corporate powers. Dozens of droids stood guard throughout the courtyard with a few TA2s standing right at the gates of the screening camp. Flight deterrence, naturally. From the top of the steps leading up to the royal palace, Adekos yelled into a megaphone, issuing instructions to new noblemen and women as they arrived.

"Please make a single-file line before any of the processing stations. Turn in all personal affects and jewlery into one of the designated holding boxes. They will be returned to you after your release." They would be released, obviously, but they certainly weren't getting anything back. Occupations didn't pay for themselves. Adekos took it upon himself to generate some returns where he could. "If you suffer from any health complications, please see one of the medical droids stationed by the entrance..."

Inside the palace, the puppet selected by the Techno Union was no-doubt preparing to face these people. Once they were finished processing the nobility, they would be led inside to sign the treaty and meet the new Queen. This was already going to be fun to watch.

Some movement caught Adekos' attention out of the corner of his eye. "Hey! You! Do not attempt to climb the security barrier. I repeat: do not- Are you listening?"

Predictably, the aged man attempting to scale the fence had overestimated his climbing ability and became stuck. "Someone get that fool down from there." Adekos scowled, gesturing for one of the Obsidian Neophytes standing next to him to do so. They both hurried off, and Adekos returned to relaying instructions to the crowd.

[01/20]​
Objective: Live life​

Rare were the moments that he could feel his age in his bones, the times when he sat on the stone stairs of his dock, watching the gathering storm on the horizon. In those instants, his knee began to ache a little, though he knew not why. But as the Protectorate stepped back from offering defenses to these worlds, worlds which were capable of defending themselves by now, he realized just how old the thought of giving up all that space made him feel.

He had become a Lord Protector, an honor he'd never truly lived up to.

But he'd been the one to see the writing on the wall, and begin the winding down of their influence. The glory days had long since passed, and it was time for others to step in. Or, at least, that's what his network of contacts told him. Walking through the streets of this small lakeside retreat, each cobblestone path wide enough for a single speeder to make its way cautiously down, his attention moved to the swift upward climb of the mountain they were nestled onto the slope and base of.

A mere hundred feet up and white snow clung to the rocky outcroppings, all the way up until it reached a daggers peak, clawing at the sky. Taking a left, he made towards the shore of the lake where, in the middle, Varykino sat. His home sat in front of him, a square villa of off-white facing the lakefront, afforded the luxury of the only 'private' dock in the town. There was a public one just on the other side of a tiny breakwater, but the stone stairs that lead to the waters surface were for his use only.

Not that he owned a boat.

The Techno Union was in Theed, that's what his contacts told him. Knowing them as well as he did, they probably felt the need to make this a hostile takeover. Maybe they'd get some aggression from the Gungans, he didn't know.

But he did know that the Protectorate had stood as the only barrier to more authoritarian governments. While they'd been a dictatorship, the worlds had run themselves, more or less, and been allowed to make and enforce their own laws. The Protectorate was just there to live up to its name. When the enemy came knocking, they'd find a powerful response laying in wait.

Those times were over, and even as he fancied picking out the outlines of ships in orbit, his tired black eyes traveled to Varykino. A rust colored canine sauntered up alongside him, lean muscle evident under its coarsely furred coat. Two fangs hung down from its upper jaw, each the size of Sarge's forearm and more than capable of rending durasteel apart. "Stay, Ashe." He says quietly.

"Watch the home."

Reaching up to remove his shirt to drop on the dock, he adjusted his swim trunks for a moment before diving into the water and making to swim for the nearby island upon which Varykino rested. A few folk had been sniffing around there in the past few months, and Sarge, as ever, had taken to keeping an eye on it for the only woman he'd ever destroyed a palace for.

Today wasn't the only day he was keeping an eye on the place, though, and even as he crossed the lake with a carefully measured form, he knew there would be no need to check on the home.

But he'd always been one to triple check that which had already been submitted to four layers of scrutiny.

I wish mom was here.

That was all the young blonde could think as she was lined up with the rest to meet the.... new Queen. It had only been a month since her Mother, the former Queen of Naboo had passed away after retiring from her duty. At the very least, she had died in peace. She had died before she had to see this. Her home, the world she spent the last part of her life protecting and rebuilding, now in shackles.

She'd been planning to run for office herself, actually. She had experience now. She had the proper education. And having a mother who was a former ruler certainly did not hurt her chances. The people had loved her Mother. Still did. But now that rule was over. Now that Queen was gone.

And Felicity had little choice. She wanted to fight back. Every cell in her body was telling her to fight back. Start something, punch someone, something, kick, scream, until someone came by and put a blaster to her skull. But she was smarter now. Four years of learning under her Mother had taught her one good thing. Patience.

She silently moved with the line, dropping the one piece of jewelry she'd been wearing of any actual value into a box, knowing that she would never see it again. It was just a bauble she'd been given on her birthday. Expensive, but of no sentimental value at all.

She didn't even look twice before she kept moving.

The red planet was wild, untamed.The Foreman should form a cadre of Martian Knights tasked with enforcing Martian Law.

Sir Phobos and Sir Diemos, given power bats (the trick is to hit really hard).

But no, the Foreman had the Obsidian Order, and not some (super awesome) cartoon from the 90s. And that was what Jenn was doing. She was leading new members of the Obsidian Order on to the world that had long been a prize sought by the Techno Union.

Naboo.

A member of Net Zillo, Blanchard was in her armor, updated and clean, willing to instruct and welcome newcomers to their roles in the Obsidian Order. The trick was that this was a live fire exercise. They had lightsabers, and unless they had their own armor, basic Obsidian Armor for use. It wasn't right away they built their own, but she had her own, which was in her signature for the really nosey. Simple, modular, and awesome. Black.

Her helmet was off and her bright orange hair contrasted strongly with her armor. She was stepping out of the shuttle that delivered her and the new Neophytes to the world. "Alright team. We're going to be working on securing Naboo. We're taking this effort to familiarize you all with the Union and the Order. We're going to run security primarily. Now, what Network are you all with?" She looked between her team, hand on her rifle, lightsaber on her hip. They landing zone was secure, so was the Palace. It was the streets.

And for her, the computer system, that were the issues.

[member="Sasha Voss"]
[member="Jaron Lesan"]
[member="Desios Denaan"]
Welcome to Objective A

Objective: C--Kark Schuttas, Get Credits

Allies: Ambition
Enemies: Imbeciles

Olom stood calmly, surround by armed, expensive guards, and a small squadron of combat droids lended to him for the Techno Union. He approached the door. He had tried to buy out the location, he'd tried sabotage. But now, there was a invasion of the planet. Nationalizing and seizing a resource here was just the matter of the right paperwork. Long had he wanted this research laboratory, a young bio-tech firm. He could have merely hacked the data, but the equipment and samples were too fragile. Now, he walked into the building quietly.

The guards stood around him. These were not Nubian police forces, they were Techno Union squad members, specializing in hostile acquisitions. This was his team, paid for with some money, a short-term investment. The joys of private contractors. He walked up to the gate of the complex. He looked at the facility security. They seemed nervous. Good. "Sir," he began, focusing the force through his words, lacing each bit with his favored Dun Moch, "We are Techno Union security forces."--Who are only quasi-legal, but still held immune to damages for the legal code. "We are here in response to a warrant filed,"--by Olom himself several weeks ago under an alias--"That accuses this facility of callaboration with and housing of research aiding the Rodian Tarrr-Yun Vong Coalition, a terrorist group from Rodia." --and then permanently seize and acquire the facility once "proof" has been provided.

He smiled warmly, focusing on disgusting the natural paranoia and waiting to see the man react. His fear and worry was palpable. It was known today that the Techno Union was going to have a hearing on integrating Naboo into the Union, and that the new Queen candidate was in favor of this decision. It was known that Olom's gestures had at first been seen as harassment from a strange foreigner, but now, now the plan had come to fruition. Things were in place.

The guard nervously extended a hand. "May I see your warrant, sir?"

Olom handed him a datapad. "As you can clearly see, this joint investigation was approved by the Techno Union ministry of law, the Nubian Foreign Affairs office, and the Theed Legal council," he said dryly. He'd played up the "terrorist threat" for a few montsh to get the groundwork into place. Making sure the legal counselor of thee who was most opposed to his motions accidentally had a run-in with a vong-formed veermok on enough stims to make it rage through an entire marketplace.

Olom smiled, the malice in his tone reverberating. "As you can see, everything is in order. Our inspection will occur now, unless you have objections?"

Location: In close proximity with [member="Jennifer Blanchard"]
Task: Objective A/ Initiation

Formerly Akartin, a Jedi Padawan of the Jedi Order - now, Desios Denaan - Neophyte of the Obsidian Order. He had seen fit to reinvent himself to reflect his altered stance on which path his feet for carry him. He had found the advertisement for the Obsidian Order on some local board, and had decided that their way would sit well with him for the given moment. He bore no ill will towards the Republic or the Jedi Order, he just did not believe that he was ready to set his life upon a specific path, so he had chosen a path of individuality - a life as an Obsidian Knight (or so he aspired to be.)

The Techno Union took a unique stance on its Force Users, blending space magic with technology to create an entity more powerful than one or the other. It was the perfect blend of technology and the Force, allowing technology to supplement the areas of the Force that the user was weakest in. For Desios, that area would be combat. During his time in the Jedi Order, he had decided to walk the path of the Consular - a Healer/Diplomat. It was through this path that he found that his skill set was specific to Force Sensory and Defending those that could not defend themselves.

It was another reason why he joined the Techno Union, they would provide him the training and utilities needed to become a better Force user, and better fighter. He would need to be both if he wanted to make a difference in the galaxy. So, with this is mind, he had managed to work his way into a security team with a senior member of the Obsidian Order, a woman with bright orange hair that could rival the full fury of a flame in the dead of night. It was her, that he turned his attentions to as she questioned him and those around him directly.

"Desios Denaan," he ensure that he spoke loud enough to gain his comrades attention, as well as introduce himself in the same breath, "I am serving under Net Zillo." He wasn't too big on talking, never really had been the best at it, but he guessed that he had to start somewhere.

[member="Adekos"]

Lucien lent on one of the many Pillars that dominated the royal Palace's main plaza. He was here on Naboo ,and to be more specific Theed, for two reasons firstly to oversee the cataloging and if necessary the seizure of the assets of Naboos noble house. At this time there were hundreds if not thousands of census takers and tax collectors were going door to door, For the moment they were on reconnaissance and assessment catalog the details. If executions occurred well then there were death duties to impose. Death duties could be quite chunky. The second reason was the real clincher, Taxes could be assessed without him but if he weren't here he would miss the pageantry of the royal election. He couldn't have that, he was after all an aristocrat at heart even if he wasn't in fact.

He pushed off the pillar. Below nobles in various states of undress were being penned in filed into ever tighter lines. the closer they got to the doors of the royal palace the lighter they got. He cast an eye over to the entrance a particularly glittery noble couple were making their way in. He recalled their faces and they had something he wanted, a centuries old ring ... he had lost it at auction but he would get it today.

He lifted his right hand and gestured to two men. Revenue officials "Come with me" He said as he advanced down the steps of the palace.

His face got him past the guards at the railings, who would defy a senior official afterall. His sword got him through the crowd of sweating pigs in silk, who would stand on the wrong end of a sword afterall. He squeezed his way through and made relatively quick time to his targets. He smiled and put his hand on the arm of the male noble of the pair "My Lord, My Lady Lucien Cordel Minister of finance ... we should talk?" He gave them a look which demanded compliance and if that wasn't convincing enough well he did have two police officers. The pair reliably complied. Likely shaken by the droid wake up call.

He pulled the two aside "Now I'm sure you can gather what's going on here " He began "Two hundred yards that way ... " He pointed out the checkpoint " Are a set of soldiers who will be taking your valuables and making them vanish" He smiled a little at the reaction of these nobles, never before had he seen rich people look so pasty. One might think they were malnourished "Now I know that you are wearing a particularly nice thing on your person and I do not want to see it lost, I intend to buy it and all your other personal effects?" He gave the pair a moment then the female noble spoke " What's the point they'll just take the money?" She was speaking down to him. It was really very amusing Lucien even laughed "Now my lady that would be stupid, I do not intend to hand you money " He rubbed his thumb against his hand " Right at this time there are hundreds of rather boring accountants leafing through pages of accounts to asses your taxes ... I take the effects and well some nines become sixes and a few pages of assets are mis filed" He shrugged "I can pay you in plenty of ways " The pair whispered between each other "How do we know you'll keep up your side ?" came their reply "You don't but your choice is either let the soldiers give me what I want and get nothing or trust me now and likely save your descendants considerable expense I'll give you 5 seconds" He didn't need to finish they took him up. He smiled and took the ring.

"Handle the rest of their effects then see them through unharmed" He turned to leave the officer to do their work. stopping for a brief moment and turning back "Now I may be unlucky and get a spasm which leads to extra zeros on your tax statement if word of this deal gets out ... I'm superstitious like that" Then he left a new ring glittering on his left hand.

Then he returned inside to his makeshift office in an old wing of the palace, if he was going to be trapped looking at the assets of rich tofs he would do so in style. He would be back out later to stand by and oversee the catalogue of valuables later but for now it was back to the monotonous grind. He did stop for a time on his path to talk with one of the souldiers "Those two ... " He pointed out his two new friends " are being investigated by me and their effects have been taken by my people, wave them through if you would be so kind"

She caught sight of a familiar couple. She'd met them at parties. Mom had known them from childhood. They were taken out of the line, led away. Felicity had a sinking feeling. Were they going to be executed? Would she even survive this day? Without mom to protect her, she really had to rely on herself and her fame on this planet. Dad could not come to her rescue now. He was gone too, somewhere, mourning the death of his wife. Owain was on Imerria with baby Zeldara. This was supposed to have been a quick trip, just to get mothers affairs in order, speak to old family friends, put her name in for the next election...

She swallowed hard as she was shoved in the line.

"Felicity?"

The pretty blonde 'princess' looked behind her to see her Mothers favorite handmaiden standing only two people behind her. She looked... awful.

"Maraea!" the girl practically gasped, reaching behind her to grasp her hand and carefully pull her up next to her. "How are you holding up?"

"I should be asking you that. After your mothers funeral..."

"-Forget that now," the blonde almost snapped, trying not to remember, "Did they hurt you?"

The older girl shook her short dark curls, clutching the arm of the blonde.They followed the line together, staying close like sisters. Mother often regarded this handmaiden as a daughter, so, why not? She and Felicity had been good friends while she'd been on Naboo studying at the Academy.

"Keep your head down," Felicity said quietly, "I think the key is to not be noticed. I saw them take some people away."

The dark haired handmaiden nodded sharply. She was bright. She knew all this, knew how to keep her head. It was why Mother had favored her so much when she was Queen. Mother once said that if there was justice in the Galaxy, Maraea would be Queen one day herself. She fully believed in her. But there was no justice in the Galaxy. All of mothers hard work was being undone in hours. Four years trying to stabilize the economy, rebuild after war. Mother had left Naboo a beautiful utopia. For a whole two months, the planet had peace, even without Queen Feenarah.

And now it was over. Felicity felt sick to her stomach. She put a hand to her mouth, stomach doing flips. Dear sweet Force... It had all been for nothing. Mother worked herself literally to death. For nothing. If she hadn't she'd still be here. She was sick, but she was getting better before she took that job. The stress made it worse. Mom said it was worth it to see her people so happy. But...

After all that....

The blonde swayed on the spot, leaning heavily on the handmaiden for support. She felt like she was going to faint.

Soleil Ishtar

S
RefHI_QueenThrone_01.jpg
Theed - Palace - Royal Dining Hall
[member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Adekos"]

Violet kohl lined eyes of the Princess of Theed would quietly study the first series of reports of the Techno Union's advance. There was a tension to them, the Captain's Guard relaying the report at her right along with the Minister and the rest of the advisory council. They had been in the midst of new elections for Queen, the Princess of Theed one of the many names placed on the ballot due to her tenure as Princess.

Yet circumstance would see to it that the process for the new Queen of Naboo would stray from the path she had worked hard for. The Queens of Naboo were elected by popular vote, based on intelectual maturity rather than biological age, hence the reason why so many teenagers being involved in public service.

It was why, at age fifteen, Andromeda Neyva, with the Name of State of Andromeda Versai, held two terms as the Princess of Theed.

The next chapter of her life would now be dramatically different; all for the survival of her people.

"Please escort the Techno Union Ambassadors to the throne room," she would quietly command the Captain of the Guard. His lips would press thin, displeased, but aware of their situation.

"Yes, Your Royal Highness,"

Her thin shoulders would set at that title, her artfully painted visage pale against the bright magenta flowers of the perfectly coiffed hairpiece over the crown of her head. Naboo royalty, while gained by popular vote, did not deter from their traditions of colorful regalia. The Princess of Theed would be no different.

Her gown was pale white, with silver embroidery that would reflect the garnets and crimson tourmaline gemstones that adorned the hem and bodice. Large silver vines crafted by silversmiths would assemble a crown on top of her head reminiscent to that of the branches of a cherry tree, complete with vibrant blooms. A layer of the purest white would line her face, twin dots of color upon her cheeks, while only the tiniest dab of crimson would layer the middle of the fullness of her lower lip.

A deep breath would lift her chest, the daunting task of what would come pressing upon her and more importantly, relaying a sense of security and safety to the city -- no an entire planet would weigh heavily upon her.

Her lavender eyes would settle upon the statue of the Goddess of Safety. In her mind, she sent a prayer asking fore exactly that.

Jaron shrugged. He'd not really been part of anything organized. He was used to working on his own, but he and Sasha had been floundering in the galaxy alone. They were okay as far as they were concerned. The bond they shared was deep, very deep, but they just needed to be around people. Yes, they still had Sanctuary Rock, but that wasn't enough. Finally hey decided their proximity to Techno Union Space was an indicator of where they should go first. In a whirlwind they'd found themselves part of the Taozin Network and on Naboo. Jaron didn't need the armor, he'd managed to scrounge up his own look. He'd make his own when he could. For now what he had was a Kesh of Sith Robes, a sleek helmet, and his red saber.
image_zpsyeunlqif.jpg

The other redhead spoke. Dammit another redhead. They were the Kryptinite of any Lesan, except his cousin JJ aparently. Good thing he had a redhead of his own otherwise he'd be tempted. The beauty of this was Jaron no longer had to use other women to hide Sasha. In fact Sasha had insisted it come to an end. It was them or her, and for Jaron, the choce was simple. He chose her. In fact she was next to him now. He looked over at her as they were briefed on their assignment. This was going to be pretty standard, but Jaron had the feeling he'd be killing today. He'd done it before, he'd do it again.

[member="Sasha Voss"]

[member="Jennifer Blanchard"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Objective: A - Getting mission parameters
Allies: TU
Enemies: TBD

The MId Rim Jewel was actually kinda nice. The redhead could get used to being stationed on Naboo, though the only thing that would spoil it was that her former master lived here. When Sasha had been a Jedi, she lived and trained with [member="Judah Lesan"], who is [member="Jaron Lesan"]'s uncle. Now the two fallen Jedi who had gone off on their own had found their place amongst the Obsidian Order of the Techno Union. Sasha had been training to be a Jedi Shadow before so being a Shadow within this Order would hopefully be her niche

The Denonite listened to the Neophytes' team leader, [member="Jennifer Blanchard"], give them the run down on their mission parameters, then waited for [member="Desios Denaan"] to answer her question posed to the newbies to be followed by Jaron's. But, he didn't say a word only gawked at the other redhead… Men?!

"I'm Sasha Voss with the Taozin Network," she nodded to the ginger-haired woman. "Jaron here is too."

Sash was wearing an armorweave bodysuit as things had happened quickly since joining the new faction. Red's was adorned with a single blaster holstered on her shapely hip as well as her magenta-bladed lightsaber attached on the other side and a datapad used for slicing in a pouch. A helmet was tucked under her arm as well for now. She hated wearing it.

Varykino​
[2/20]​
It was a routine swim for him, and he came out of the water with a shake of his head that threw his shaggy hair out like a dog fresh from a bath. Rolling his neck before cracking it, he padded up the moss covered stone steps of the dock where the gondola speeders could oft be found. In years past, this dock would have seen a large amount of use, famous as this location was for wedding ceremonies.

He imagined that was put to a stop once Cira moved in. She would not have tolerated strangers coming in and out for such ceremonies. But then again, as the Lady Protector she may have done it to engender good will, provided they were there only for the wedding before leaving. Looking up at the domed buildings, he closed his eyes and remembered the shattering of a vase on the wall behind his head, and the sound of her desk as he'd cracked it in two.

Frowning, eyes darkening as the past cast their shadow upon them, he cast his attention to the trees that rose behind the impressive abode. Thick and green through with leaves turning with the season, he mentally brought up the shape of the island. It was more a mountain peak rising from the lake water, with Varykino at the sharpest tip closest to the water. Whistling sharply, he made his way around the perimeter of the estate.

Moving into the trees, he paused near a shattered log, one that hadn't been cleared away by groundskeeping for reasons unknown. The island was maintained meticulously, but this log remained.

Why was evident a moment later as two massive silhouettes materialized from the woodline. Standing head and shoulders above Sarge, putting them in close to seven feet tall, each was covered in a stripped down version of the Crusader armor. Overtly masculine faces with square jaws and shaven heads looked down at him, the bulk of their bodies hidden beneath the chameleon cloaks they wore.

Those had been an invention of Sarges as well, back when the Pyre was still young.

Extending from beneath the cloaks were red and yellow cables, thickly padded. Those were connected to the battery wells of their highpowered Hellfire blaster rifles, and extended to a battery pack on their back. While they sported only the pauldrons and chestplate of the Crusader armor, that was still more than enough to keep them covered. Bright eyes regarded the Lord Protector, though one was always scanning the waterline while the other spoke with Sarge.

"I trust we've had no intruders?" He begins in a low tone.

"None, sir." Says the first.

Sarge nodded. "Good."

"Why are we even watching this place?" Asks the second, while the first started his own perimeter scan. They had the same eyes, a bright shade of green the color of a freshly manicured yard.

"Because, the Feds have been our enemy as long as I can remember. Them and the Fringe, and they both had one thing in common - they want. They want more territory. They want more money. They want more control. They want as many valuables as they can get.

And can you find a plot of land with more intrinsic value to its people on this planet?" Aside from the cities, that is.

They broke their concentration to look at each other, then they nodded. "Fair." They responded in unison.

With a nod, Sarge gave them a warm smile and turned to check on the estate itself. They weren't the only two here, but they were the only ones to leave their positions to give him an update. Things would be fine. He was worrying for no reason. The Feds had far bigger fish to fry than the vacation homes of Lake Country, ones which went uninhabited for more than three fourths of the year.

Objective: A – Secure City, Teach Obsidians, Take the money
Allies: Obsidian Posse, [member="Jaron Lesan"], [member="Sasha Voss"], [member="Desios Denaan"]
Enemies: When they show up, we’ll hit them

Rallying the team wasn’t going to take long. It wasn’t like she needed to establish a buddy system here, they were all adults, they all knew how to use the Force. It wasn’t exactly training in that regards, the Obsidian Order had many Masters and access to a large number of holocrons, if you went through the proper channels. What her goal was, included getting the members ready for service as neophytes. Working in finding the way they could use technology to increase their own skills, and capabilities.

Some came from a variety of places. She had a dossier on each, but even the slicer, who trusted the definite aspect of data, needed to test people.

Looking at the group, she nodded. Right, Denaan was in her Network. The builders, Zillo. She had a few questions for him. “Zillo. Good, me too. You came from the Jedi, right? Healer?” The pair that came from Taozin, though, they were going to be a bit different to work with. She was used to Bha’lirs running around, swinging sabers in the most public way possible. “Taozins, wonderful. I’ve got a few people you’ll be interested in speaking with. But not today.” Spooks, that was how she saw Taozin. She nodded to the palace.

“Walk with me.” She lead the group through the secure area, there were the shouts in the distance. They had a few things to clean up in the city still. “We’ve got reports of small resistance pockets in the city, and we’re being tasked with clean up. We’re going to split the group into two teams. We’ll be able to cover more ground.” She tapped on her suit’s forearm mounted data pad. A map would be uploaded to everyone’s own system. “Lesan and I will be taking the west side. I want Denaan, you and Voss to go east. We’re going to be working on re-arming any of the city defenses, and slicing the records, we need to see what data the former administration has left behind.

“And eliminate any pockets of resistance, without bringing the attention fully to us. Questions?” She looked at the group, the only concern was sending two neophytes together, but mixing Zillo and Taozin was smart. She had reports that Voss and Lesan were both tried in fire, which was very good.

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[SIZE=10.6667px]Location: On the walls[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.6667px]Objective: Survey the damage[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.6667px][1/20][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6667px]What do we say to Death? [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6667px]Not today.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6667px]It was foolish to think that anyone could stem the tide of the invaders. Their armies numbered too many, their resolve was strong and in their hearts echoed the [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6667px]desire[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6667px] to call Naboo theirs. Perhaps they figured they deserved it, perhaps they had always thought that… ever since they had last that one battle so many years ago.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6667px]Benedict could not look into their hearts, but as he stood amidst the- no, [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6667px]his[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6667px] men. He knew that this was an effort of futility. They had already repulsed the droids and neophytes many times, but this would not last.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6667px]Not with air superiority already lost. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6667px]Heavy duracrete laced with titanium fiber within the walls was the only thing that had kept this fortress standing for so long. House Ortega had always been proud about their warrior heritage, and their ancestral home was only a testament to this.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6667px]“What should we do, m’Lord?” he was just a young lad, barely in his breeches and already grasping that blaster rifle as if his life depended on it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6667px]What to say to a sweet summer child? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6667px]“We hold.” His voice resonated strangely - amplified by the internal speakers of his armor.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6667px]It was the only thing they would be able to do for now, hold and hope that they could evacuate as many as possible.[/SIZE]

Objective: Credits Rule Everything Around Me

Allies: The Law of Land, Greed is Good,
Enemies: The weak and the ignorant

Olom was escorted by the guards to the front office, men in tow on either side, who began precisely---surgically--evaluating the area. Olom smirked, tapping away at his data pad like a Nexu playing with a dead bird. He smiled as the offciers began inspecting, while walked to a storage closet, two separate technicians moving in front of him. "That's restricted," One of the men said.

"I have a warrant, it includes storage facilities,"

"I will contact my representation," the other technician said defiantly. "Our lawyers will stop you!" He said calmly.

Olom nodded. "Do try," he said calmly. "But your advocate is likely to be delayed in arrival," he said, a dry, almost sandpapery tone to his voice. The thign few people who studied Sith Lore ever realized is that while all Sith initiates channeled hate, they each had their own varieties. Hate could fiery and explosive, like a roaring beast. It could quiet and subtle, like a slow-moving venom or disease. Hate could be defiant and rebellious, empowering and corrupt. Hate could grind away like a stone juggernaut, it could grow like a weed, it could flow like a river. If Passion led to power, than hate--true hate--was the most typical Sith expression of it.

Olom's hate was vinegar and bile. It was small and precise. His words cut like scalpels, his intonations ruthless, but measured, always aimed through stretgic Dun Moch. Olom's hate was the slow patient spite of a man who wanted to let the universe crumble one atom at a time if necessary. Olom's hate was a needle in your shoe, a thorn in your side. Olom's hate was small goading that pushed the calm to annoyance, the annoyed to angry, and the angry to desperation. Death by degrees, and a crawl to one's own failing.

It was no surprise then, that the lab technician gritted his teeth and muttered some random curse under his breath. It was not surprising that the annoyance had begun. Olom was provoking anger in these men, pushing them ever closer to the edge. Soon, he'd just have to whisper the right words into their reddening ears, and they'd go flying, like a feather off a desk. Or a cliff. Brought down with a whisper.

Objective: A - Getting mission parameters
Allies: [member="Jennifer Blanchard"] | [member="Sasha Voss"]
Enemies: TBD

Wait, he and Sasha were being split up? It had never occurred to Jaron when they joined, they would be split up. He'd worked with her exclusively to set up their Sanctuary Rock on Arbra. He'd helped her break her Andris addiction, and since learning the Art of illusions, he'd never left her alone. Perhaps he'd never thought it through? Maybe he was just jealous of the fact she was going to be working with someone else, when he wanted to work with her. He knew her, really knew her. They could look at each other and know what the other was going to do. Jaron would have to learn that all over again.

"We'd clear much faster if Sasha and I were to take the east together."

Jaron looked to Sasha to see if she'd help him on this one. Did it matter? Maybe it didn't, but they had been a team for so long it was more than natural. It was right. In a world where everything was wrong, and nothing seemed right, Jaron and Sasha's bond was the only thing that did. However, Jaron also knew there was no time to argue. They were there to do a mission, and the mission came first right? He'd not been trained this way, not as part of a group. This was going to take adjusting.

Adekos watched from his vantage point as the proceedings continued. At the end of the cordoned off area, Adekos watched silently as the two Neophytes that had been standing with him pulled the old codger off of the fence and began to drag him back into line. Normally aristocracy were held in high regard by the Umbaran, but most aristocracies had not undermined the export of a Techno Union planet. That's why they were left alone. Naboo had stepped out of line, and now they would suffer the indignity of being brought to heel.

He ceased giving orders for a moment when a member of the Naboo Royal Guard marched up behind him. As he quickly relayed, the noble chosen by the Techno Union to be corona ted as the new Queen was requesting a meeting. [member="Andromeda Versai"] was one of Naboo's seemingly endless supply of tasteless politician-children. Rather than send them off to be educated in the arts and sciences, in administration and finance, maybe even law... Naboo's nobility just reared political spawn after political spawn. That was Adekos' understanding of it, anyway. He had only skimmed the dossier.

This particular political-spawn had been running around as the elected "Princess of Theed" for two terms now. The youngest one to hold office, he hoped. The Executive Board had ostensibly selected her because she seemed to have a grip on things despite her young age and... Well, children are easy to manipulate. Even if they do have a good grip on things. Their naive sensibilities were easy to mislead and appeal to. Oh, and the raging hormones. Who could forget the raging hormones?

"Tell her soon-to-be majesty that I am not yet finished screening her... Constituents." He waved the guard of dismissively. "Go find [member="Lucien Cordel"]. He's great with children, or so I've heard. I do hope Lady Versai is ready for her debut and coronation ceremony if she has time to send out underlings out to bother me."

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
Objective: A+B - Aid in the protection of the Royal Palace during the treaty signing, while also quelling the Gungan insurrection.

In orbit above the planetary surface of Naboo, the Count sat comfortable in his command throne aboard his private Lucrehulk-class Carrier, one of many he had sent to assist in the Techno Union takeover of the world below. He had long awaited the opportunity to take on the famous Gungan Grand Army, and had prepared his military assets just for such an occasion. Two brigades of his personal Household Auxilia, Stormtroopers formerly in service of the New Order and One Sith now devoted purely to serving their liege-lord, had been dispatched to protect the Royal Palace of Theed during the treaty signing. But this was only a small defense force compared to what the Count was about to deploy one more time. Many thousands of easily manufactured B1 and B2 Battle Droids, alongside Droidekas and various other weapons of war, their designs once used by the CIS of times long past, had been sitting in his warehouses, waiting to be deployed into battle again after a long hiatus, and their chance had finally arrive. These vast numbers of battle droids and assorted vehicles and artillery were being loaded onto large landing craft before they'd be dispatched to the vast green fields that seperated the Gungans from Theed.

Such a battle about to begin had once happened long ago, during a failed Trade Federation invasion of Naboo a time before the Clone Wars, only this time things would end quite differently. Wings of Vulture-droid Starfighters soared out of the hangars of the many Lucrehulk-class Carriers above Naboo, proceeding down towards the surface to preform a large aerial bombardment of the Gungan Grand Army, something they had little defense against besides their large energy shields. It would be a simple matter of keeping them pinned down however, until the Count's droid army could be properly deployed to the surface.....

[member="Adekos"] [member="Jaron Lesan"] [member="Olom Grihk"] [member="Benedict Ortega"] [member="Jennifer Blanchard"] [member="Sarge Potteiger"] [member="Sasha Voss"]

Objective: B
Forces: 32 Mandalorian Warriors, ArmaTech Security Personnel

The shouting of officers rang through the air as the line of vehicles and soldiers continued marching behind the droid military of the Techno Union. We were here mainly because [member="Adekos"] loved ArmaTech's line of vehicles and was willing to pay to have ArmaTech supply them in mass to eliminate the Gungans on Naboo. The orders were simplistic, even if the gungans were allied with Yuuzhan Vong and could be using vong biots in this battle. There were several ArmaTech designs made specifically to counter those biological weapons. Technology came in many forms, but it was most useful when it wasn't alive and stupid and Force Dead. The Mythosaur thundered to a stop, acting as the forward command center for the battle as the legions of Techno Union droids filed around the tank company and the group of ArmaTech Security personnel that would be taking part in this battle.

Four Cobra Gunships hovered overhead, filled to the brim with Mandalorian veterans, ready to eliminate the Gungans and their Yuuzhan Vong allies. Through the tactical displays in the Mythosaur, I could see the gungan forces were preparing to engage the droid armies that were being deployed now. The mix of biological and droid forces in the Techno Union army allowed for a great deal of versatility. "Comm to my warriors please." I said without moving from my seated position in the command center. The communications officer clicked a few buttons and then nodded. "We are planning to deploy 302 HADs into their midst to disperse them and disorient them before sending in YVH probes armed with Coma Gas. Then the tank company will take out the energy shields and we will let the Count mop up what is left with his droids. Over."

"Roger that boss. We will stay here until the droids get them to grips and swoop in on the Cobras. We will probably come in ourselves behind the tank company." Came the static garbled reply.

"Works for me. After you drop the droids come pick me up and take me with you. I have been itching for a proper battle for a while."

"Roger that boss."

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Objective: A - Securing the east side of city
Allies: TU
Enemy: TBD

Sasha listened to the orders given by [member="Jennifer Blanchard"]. The Gingerhead had made teams of two, and that meant that she and [member="Jaron Lesan"] would not be working together. It definitely bummed the Denonite out, but not to the extent of her lover, who's distress was rolling off him through their Force bond. Good means he still cares, Sash thought to herself smugly.

// Don't panic, Jar… Let's show them how good we are individually now, then maybe we can call our own shots later and be side by side again. Now go kick some butt. //

"It is true Jaron and I do work well together though I'm sure [member="Desios Denaan"] and I will be fine. I've never worked with a Miraluka before so this will be most educational, and I'm sure he's never had the pleasure of the likes of me," Sash answered flashing one of her sly grins, then she tapped her partner for this mission on his shoulder.

"Come on, Denaan… Let's go see what the Eastside has in store for us." With that said, the take-charge redhead donned her helmet and turned on her booted heel to begin a light jog in the direction they were to secure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom