Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18c92ac67fbb658e03ccc27214a0da5e.jpg

Huila Station was jam packed.

Vessels littered the space surrounding the station, jockeying for the limited docking spaces around the ring. Cargo vessels, personal transports, freighters, and the like all had to wait their turn. It caused nothing but chaos in the hangars and loading docks, sentients and droids of all shapes and sizes trying to offload items quickly.

“Reminds me of move-in day during my third year.”

Makai grinned at Danger, remembering the hilarious sight of the Queen of Trade drawing all sorts of stares as she carried a laundry basket and lamp to his fraternity house, there to help re-set up his room, greeting the other parents.By then he had already established Danger was his ‘Mom’ and a popular sight on campus.

A great memory, one both humorous and heartwarming that she had stepped in without a word or thought.

“Although there are less Dads in high white socks complaining loudly.”

There was enough floor crew complaining loudly as they tried to get through with various cargo crates full of items. For the most part, Huila Station had been stocked before the arrival of employees but the logistical challenge of having this many companies under one roof, all bringing employees and equipment, made for congested hallways and open areas.

It was to be expected. Between the Arceneaus and Dashiells, both had put in bids to restore the scar worlds in the Centrality Region. They would be working on several planets spread across the area, restoring and bringing the region back up to speed.Mining, fuel, communications, terraforming, humanitarian aid…a massive project that required the station to be towed into place and used as a temporary home and headquarters.

Makai automatically reached out and took Ellie’s hand once he assessed the crowd, fingers lacing with hers.

Problem with a brand new station,there was always the element of being lost. Lucky for them, Makai had already dispatched the new assistants he had hired for his father out to do some legwork. That included making sure the penthouse was set up and the initial towing and layout of Huila went well.

As if one cue ; two assistants showed. One young Corellian male and one Pantoran male, data tablets in hand, unfettered and ready for business. An extreme change from Mrs. Datos ; Makai had fired her and embarked on replacements with the help of Ellie.

The Corellian man was Hugo Bancroft of the youngest son of the Bancroft Shipwright fortune. A graduate from the University of Corellia, he had degrees in Strategic Finance and Project Management, not seeing a future in the family business. Long-time friends with Casteel Mer’taal, Hugo was intent on turning this career into a consulting one, once he made the right connections of course.

Yet the second man was a stark contrast, a Pantoran named Finor Havie, better known to all those who spoke basic as Finn. A distant member of the Pantoran Royal Family, Finn made a name for himself at Coruscant College of Law, excelling in negotiating and mediation studies, interning for several politicians. The lure of credits and a change of pace drew him to apply, curious to see where his skills would take him in the business world.

Vastly different, yet both men were already working well together in the few short weeks since their official hiring.

“Mister Dashiell, welcome aboard Huila Station. I trust your flight was well?” Hugo took the lead, completely at ease in these chaotic situations.

“Very well Hugo. Everything is going well here I assume?” A slight nod from the other man. “Excellent. May I introduce you to the family? You know Myra, of course. My mother in law to be, Danger Arceneau, her daughter Rue, and my younger sister, Persephone.”

Makai saw the surprised look from Persie. After discussing the situation with Ellie, both agreed it was best to start establishing that Persephone was his younger sister who had been situated away in the Outer Rim for her safety until recently. The way his father had been acting, Makai was beginning to wonder if he was going to have to step in permanently. Best to start laying the groundwork now.

“A pleasure to meet you all. I look forward to getting to know everyone better over the next few months. As I am at Mister Dashiell’s disposal, Finn and I are also at yours as well.”

Finn offered a bright smile after looking up from his datapad. “Day or night, although I prefer day of course.” A slight pause at his own lame joke. “If you all follow me this way, I’m going to assume you want to check out the penthouse before Mister Dashiell and I discuss current progress.”

Makai looked to Ellie, as if to say, these two are so much better than Mrs.Datos already.

“Lead the way.”

"Well, you didn't tell me both were lookers as well as full of smarts, Makai." Danger teased Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell , joking in a low throaty voice that hopefully would not be heard by Hugo or Finor, but Danger wasn't opposed to if they did. Myra on the other hand, was flushing in embarrassment regarding the matter, giving her a "Mama!" under her breath.

Meanwhile, Rue was too busy with her holocamera hanging around her neck. The tiny redhead wore a cap over her messy red curls. She was dressed in comfortable pants and a long shirt, wanting the comfort of casual clothes compared to the dark sundress that hugged her mama's full curves. Even in mourning, Danger looked like a bombshell, with her red hair parted to the side, brushed in soft retro waves that curled inward towards her neck. She started taking various pictures, peering through the view screen while snapping some more as they walked.

Persie, on the other hand, was doing her best to observe all potential exits as she was wont to do. In her mind, it was second nature to automatically start thinking of ways she could get out if she had to in a rush.

Danger, amused, paid Myra no mind, adding louder to Hugo and Finor, "It's a pleasure to meet you both, gentlemen."

It was good to be here. To see how far the companies have grown. That they could put such a large station with vegetation and residences so quickly had been unheard of before. If this was successful, it would be the blueprint for other long-term contracts in rehabilitating, terraforming, and detoxifying razed and ruined worlds.

Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell

Quite the contrast to Rue, Persie was silently walking along behind Makky. Floral dress, combat boots, and a brown corduroy jacket that she had asked My-rah to help find so she sort of matched Makky. My-rah seemed to have a good fashion sense and secretly Persephone was taking a liking to speaking with the woman ; between My-rah and her droid El-Three, they knew about all the high core fashion Persie had only seen on holoads.

"Theys pretty enough to be one of...what did they call them...cicisbeos to fancy folk."

Finor was leading the charge of the group and gave a genuine snort of laughter. He was walking backwards with his data tablet in hand, keeping an eye on his charges. He felt a bit like a mother duck in this instance, hoping none of them would wander off. The Pantoran man had only been on the job a few weeks ; prior bosses had the tendency to wander and he was hoping Mister Dashiell wasn't trying to escape his family and do the same. He didn't need a lost heir on the station just yet.

"Thank you, Miss Persephone. Should I get fired from this career I'm pleased to know there is another avenue for me." A slight pause as he changed subject.Hired by Makai, Finn was a bit more of a joker when it came to less professional situations, using it to be a bit more memorable and to disarm during negotiations. "I'm Finn and I'll be your tour guide. Some fun facts about this station, its rivaled only by Aether Systems stations in terms of population count and greenspace. This station was retrofitted in months thanks to four shifts of crews working around the clock."

Hugo was bringing up the rear of the 'tour group' and rolled his eyes, knowing he wouldn't be seen at the back of the pack. While Hugo had taken a more serious approach to his life it was clear Finn had no hang-ups about letting loose every so often. They both had been thoroughly vetted, passing through enough hoops to make his eyes water, but he could see the appeal of having a contrast of both men.

Finor had turned around and was leading them to the turbolift, confident as he had spent his evenings committing the layout to memory. Being a trusted assistant, Finor didn't want to spend his time stumbling around if he was summoned on a different end of the station. Meanwhile, Hugo was still silently bringing up the rear, filtering through any new information regarding Salacia that was an immediate need-to-know for the half-Galan.

Last edited:
"Persie, lets keep our thoughts to ourselves for a bit."

The young girl opened her mouth to protest that technically Mrs. Ar-sin-new had started the entire thing but quickly shut it once more. It wasn't worth the protest she decided and fell back next to Rue, the girl still furiously taking holos. Was it so they wouldn't get lost?

Reaching the turbolift banks, Makai released Ellie's hand, allowing all the women to enter first. Despite what Casteel may think, he wasn't quite as unrefined as the blonde may have thought. Slipping in with Hugo, the doors closed and they began their ascent. He wasn't quite sure of where they were in relation to the residential areas. Unlike his father, Makai let the experts design and approve the layout of the retrofitted station. All he did was approve its repurpose.

"Thirty-Seven and El-Three are already scouting our locations for us. Thirty-Seven reports several mines are collapsed and the costs may not be prudent to re-establish the old and instead start boring on our own." The half-Galan turned slightly to look at Ellie and Danger who were at the rear of the turbolift. "I think we should establish a space station or some type of hub at Arleen,its right at the junction and Arceneau could benefit. I've got plans being drawn up for Aina to have a refining facility there as soon as we get more information on what type of ores are out here."

Myra gave a flustered sigh at her mama's and Persie's antics, her fingers interlocking with Makai's. The subtle gesture did what it intended to and managed to calm the heiress down. At this point, she should be happy that at least Persie was doing her best to mind her words and not punctuate every other word with a curse.

It was a win in her book.

"A space station with a refueling port and a portable maintenance station would be good." Myra added musing, "Actually, Makai, we have an updated Lwhekk Aleph manufacturing ship model that may be used to help manufacture locally what we need for the rebuild. You can refine any salvage and send the materials to produce what is needed. It would cut down on time and provide savings. If it works out well, we can think of a more permanent solution."

Meanwhile, Rue turned towards Persie, curiosity in her wide green eyes. Much to everyone's amusement, she loudly asked the youngest Dashiell, "What's a cicisbeos?"

Danger laughed. Loudly and with such force, her generous curves couldn't help but shake in utter amusement.

"Oh, thats a pretty boy whore who hangs around fancy folk like your Ma."

All matter of fact. Persephone had been raised in the underground, a much more different world than what she found herself in now. Just a scant few months ago she was engrossed in watching the comings and goings of criminal gangs at a local bar and now here she was in the upper echelons of society. Her cousin was friends with the Arceneaus, which Persie suspected was a big deal given how people talked to Miss Ar-sin-new, which spoke of how much out of her element the girl really was.

Hugo cleared his throat. A close friend of Casteel's, he was just as upright and straight-laced as the blonde. This wasn't appropriate conversation for mixed company inside of a turbolift. There were women and children present. Granted, the one child seemed to be the ringleader of the odd conversation. They were drawing close to the end of the turbolift venture and the shaggy-haired assistant gave a sigh of relief as the doors opened.

Finor was still chuckling.

"Looks like we've reached our floor. Women and children first, please watch your step. If you make a right turn, our destination is the double doors at the end of the hall."

Persie took that as a challenge and looked at Rue.

"Race you!"

Darting around Makky and My-rah, she was already taking off, combat boots echoing throughout the space.

Makai nodded at the mention of using a manufacturing ship for the short-term. It only made sense to use something mobile for the moment until all of their surveys of the area were complete. There were plans to put in manufacturing facilities and refineries, trouble was until one was in an environment such as this, it was difficult to tell where the best placement would be. No need to waste credits on permanent buildings.

Just as he was about to reply, Persie had to add in her commentary on Finor and what his potential career path could be. An internal groan, just when he thought there was progress to be had with Persephone it was three steps back. Granted, he was trying to undo ten years of cursing and bold statements, it was going to take some time.

Stepping out of the turbolift, Makai drew Ellie closer, whispering in her ear.

"Tonight. Me and you and so much wine."

After dealing with Persephone, Makai was going to need his own bottle. He was looking forward already to the girls going to sleep and they were just getting started on living in closer quarters than the Farm. Add in the fact he and Ellie were all but raising Persephone now while trying to run their respective companies and plan for a wedding. Yet if Judah was expecting him to crack under pressure, the elder Dashiell would be sorely mistaken.

With the girls racing ahead, it was the adults taking a much more leisurely pace. Multiple double doors and dotted plants framing entry ways. Massive glasteel viewports overlooking the inky reaches of space. It was quite clear they were in a much different residential area of the station.

"Danger, how does it feel for you to just sit back and just be the guiderails for Ellie and I? Odd? It feels odd to me, I feel like I should just be sitting next to your desk and staying silent."

The longing in Myra's wide grey eyes for alone time and a glass of wine with Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell was unmistakable as she glanced over at him. Though they communicated without words, the desire to spend time together was palpable, even amidst the challenges of balancing their responsibilities to the girls and Myra's mother. While it was tiring, it wasn't a burden they couldn't bear.

With a gentle flex of her fingers against Makai's hand, Myra nodded, silently affirming their plans for later.

Meanwhile, Danger's laughter gradually subsided, but the lingering grin on her full red lips remained. She found amusement in the girls' antics and had no qualms about Persie's practical answer to Rue's question.

As the girls scampered off and Makai turned to ask Danger about her feelings on stepping back and letting them handle the work, she shook her head slightly to indicate that it wasn't an issue.

"Children need room to explore," she remarked honestly, her gaze sweeping over the towering walls and high ceilings adorned with lush greenery. The hydroponic system maintained the plants' vitality through a closed-circuit watering system, a marvel of technology. Ahead, the vast solarium glasteel windows offered a breathtaking view of the biodome ring, showcasing forests, fields, and sustainable residences designed to minimize environmental impact. It was a testament to the collaborative efforts of many.

"Let them dream, and dream big," Danger murmured with pride, reflecting on the incredible achievement of the biodome ring station. "So go on, take a moment to appreciate what you've created."

"I think she may be proud of us." Makai commented low to Ellie as they walked hand-in-hand. Considering the turn of events with his father, Makai appreciated the small compliment. Between Casteel's commentary and Judah's, it had been nothing but an attempt to rain on his good mood, not that he was letting anything get to him. "I think you should be proud of yourself Danger and appreciate what you've created. None of this would be possible without you."

Matriarch of the Acreneau Family, Trade Queen of the 'Verse, Makai was pleased to see the redhead reach this point. When they had met when he was a very young boy, Danger always had a hint of sadness to her, someone adrift in the galaxy alone. Arceneau Trade was booming, the family expanding beyond just Danger, making him wonder if she ever imagined such an outcome. Something to discuss later, Makai had purposely continued to meet with the elder Arceneau to discuss family and business, finding their time to talk even more important now that Alric had passed.

"I'm impressed in the turnaround time. The bio ring....When we first started this I didn't want it to be like Celestia Station. I wanted something more welcoming...not to mention potentially sustainable. We're experimenting with aquaculture and some small-time crop growth. Won't be enough to feed everyone, but an experiment. Maybe eventually an entire space station dedicated to crop growth. Amazing for some of these barren locations."

Makai was aggressively working on his ideas while his father was away. There was a strong desire to prove himself as well as lay the foundation for what was to come. He expected to take over in time, it was best to start introducing his ideas now. It was important to do so while he could focus much of his energy on the projects without competing priorities, much like the Centrality restoration.

"Danger." A small pause. "Thank you."

There was a certain posture a man took when he felt he had achieved the recognition he had been aiming for. Makai had it then; back straight, chin lifted, a subtle smile playing on his lips, and a spark of determination in his eyes that spoke volumes about his ambition to make Salacia and Aina Holdings his own, surpassing what Judah had accomplished with it.

It was a vigor and hunger Danger recognized well, for she had worn that same expression when she took over Arceneau Trade at nineteen, determined to make it bigger than her predecessors ever dreamed. Decades later, she found herself passing down her wisdom and legacy to the next generation.

With a knowing smile, Danger remarked, "Don't need to thank me, darlin'." She reached over to give his shoulder a reassuring pat. "Just keep on doin' what you and Myra are doin'." Her honeyed drawl was followed by a teasing wink as she sauntered past to chat with Finn.

Myra's smile grew slow and warm as she squeezed Makai's hand, leaning in to rest her head against his shoulder for a moment. This was nice.

Real nice.

Reaching the doors, Persie skid to a halt. The pair had arrived at about the same time, despite Persie getting a head start. The girl wasn't used to running around and simply being a child, so her pace had slowed and Rue had caught up. Far behind them were the adults but the dark-haired girl was determined to get into their suite now instead of waiting around.

There was a panel on the side of the door. Persephone had seen things like this before, one had to put their hands on it and it normally worked ; she didn't see any buttons nor did the panel come to life with any digital keypads, just the illuminated screen. Pressing her hand to the panel, doors clicked, indicated they were unlocked and ready to enter. Eagerly, the girl grabbed the handle and burst through, entering the massive penthouse suite that would house them for the next few months.

"Whoa." Persephone had never seen a place so fancy, let alone the opportunity to stay. The living room windows overlooked the biodiome, making it seem less like they were on a space station and more like a city flat. "Hey Rue, yous ever been in a place so fancy?"

Meanwhile, Finn noticed Miss Arceneau drawing closer, slowing his steps so the woman could walk beside him. Hugo had stepped off to the other side of the massive corridor to take a call, comm pressed to his ear, nodding along gravely as he listened to the traffic concerns and logistical challenges of some of the higher-ups at Salacia. He was assuring them their lack of presence wouldn't slow anything down ; Hugo was suspecting things wouldn't settle down for days.

"Finding everything to your liking thus far Miss Arceneau? Is there anything I can assist with? I will be busy throughout these weeks but rest easy knowing my services also extend to the Arceneau's during this time period. Will you be visiting any of the scar worlds? I am available to assist you as my schedule allows."

"Ready to take this on?"

Hand disentangled from hers, instead reaching behind her shoulders, pulling her close as her head rested against his shoulder. The bio-ring looked peaceful, lush and green. There had been gardens on most space stations he had been on, but this was entirely different. This was an attempt to bring life to nothing but durasteel and glasteel, a grand experiment.

His question was a loaded one. 'Taking this on' wasn't just the station. It was their project in Centrality, one that was going to be ongoing for years. It was planning a wedding. It was trying to raise Persephone. It was living in smaller quarters with their family. They were on the cusp on navigating a new chapter in their lives, ones where they were the adults, the emerging leaders in what was to be the Arceneau-Dashiell family. Odd to think of, that a year ago neither of them expected to be here.

"Going to be busy right up until we say 'I do', at least that's the feeling I get."

Makai had concerns beyond this summer. What if his father didn't return from the nunnery? What if he just decided to exile himself out on some remote planet? The half-Galan hadn't been in contact with his father, knowing Ellie had been instead. All Makai knew was that Ellie had passed along his journal and they had shared messages. For himself, he needed a wide berth, not ready to speak to the elder Dashiell.

It might be too soon to worry about what-if scenarios, but he couldn't help at least keep a few thoughts in the back of his mind.

"Personally, I'm excited. I can't wait to spend time with you and the family, we never get to do so."

Myra slowly turned her head to study Makai’s face, a slow smile curving over her lips. Her hand came up to slowly caress his cheek, feeling the smoothness of his freshly shaven jaw. There was a softness in her eyes, but a poignant expression of love there.

“As long as I’m with you, I’m ready for anything,” she finally replied, her eyes crinkling at the corners. Drawing close, she pressed her lips to kiss him, rubbing the tip of her nose against him softly.

“And I can’t wait until I’m your wife,” she added, being as sappy as anyone could be. “So yes, I’m ready and happy we can do this.”

Of course it didn’t take long for Rue’s voice to interrupt, “Are you guys going to be kissing all day again? We gotta go to our rooms first.”

Rue said it loud enough for Danger, Hugo, and Finor to hear. There was no mistaking Danger’s throaty chuckle then. Finor tried his best to hide his laugh by coughing while Hugo shook his head and instead tried to round up the girls to catch up to Danger.

Yup. This was only the beginning.

"Did I just say I was looking forward to spending time with the family? I take it back."

Voice was low, only for her to hear as he chuckled softly. The comment was something he expected from Persephone, not from the young Rue. No doubt his 'little sister' was rubbing off on the youngest Arceneau, Makai just hoped the bad habits were kept to a minimum. Without a doubt, it was going to be the most interesting next few months of their lives. Head turned away from Ellie as he went to reply to the girl, voice raising so she could hear.

"Go on Rue, go hang out with Persie. We will be there in a few minutes."

Attention turned back to the Trade Heiress, starting to doubt his plan. Maybe waiting until it was quieter,at breakfast? How long would that take though? He hadn't presented his idea to her yet, of waking up early to have a few quiet moments together before the rest of the family woke up and the chaos started. Trouble was he had already made her wait too long, asking in an ass backwards manner if she wanted to get married hadn't been ideal. Backing out now when it was the perfect moment just seconds ago was unwise.

"Ellie, the day we met on Dac, where I talked your ear off without stopping to breathe, was the best thing that could have happened to me. Twelve hours in, I knew we would be inseparable best friends from there on out.Everything since then with you in it has just been better. They say when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. I couldn't agree more."

Removing the ring box from his pocket, Makai got down on one knee, presenting the engagement ring to her.

"I love you. You're my best friend and I can't imagine a life without you in it. Will you marry me?"

Makai's surprise proposal caught Myra off guard, to put it mildly.

Back on Arkun Farm, they had already made the decision to spend their lives together. It wasn't your typical romantic gesture, but it was perfect for them. Myra was simply thrilled that they were taking this step forward in their journey, and she was relieved that neither of them had any doubts about it. She knew that Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell had his concerns, but she hoped that by sending Makai's journal with the care package mama sent to him would provide some motion of clarity regarding just why they were taking these steps now.

So when Makai actually planned a proposal with a ring, Myra was stunned. She didn't need a ring to know they belonged to each other, but the one he presented was stunningly beautiful. She could tell he must have handpicked the stones himself, knowing his nerdy, passionate love for geology and rocks.

As Makai knelt before her, offering the ring box with hands - no mint tin this time - Myra felt a wave of love and gratitude wash over her. She was grateful for the chance they'd been given to make things right. If things had gone differently, if he hadn't come to Maramere under the guise of meeting her mother, where would they be now? But here they were, and his words resonated deep within her soul.

Tears welled up in Myra's eyes as she met Makai's gaze, her love for him shining brightly despite her wobbly smile. Her makeup was sure to be ruined with her inevitable ugly cry. She reached out to take his hand, her heart overflowing with joy.

"Yes, Makai," she whispered, her voice filled with emotion. The cheers of Persie and Rue were in the background, and Danger watched on with teary eyes.

"Yes, a thousand times yes."

There was no doubt she would say yes, obviously she had done so back on the Farm. Still, there had been a tinge of nervousness at the gesture, worried he would choose the wrong words or stumble or just get something completely wrong.

Relieved everything went well, ring was taken from it's box and placed on her finger. It fit perfectly, thanks to El-Three assisting him. Box was placed back in his pocket, finally standing back up to pull her into a kiss.

Originally, he had planned on skipping the original proposal, merely giving her the ring over dinner with no fanfare considering they were already moving forward with wedding plans. Seeing the look on her face moments ago, Makai was glad he had a chance of mind.

Lips parting from hers, Makai reached in his jacket pocket and produced a handkerchief, offering it to her since tears had started to flow.

“Sorry your proper proposal took so long. It was worth the wait I hope.”

Makai turned to Danger and the girls, arm slipping back around Ellie as she dabbed her eyes. He hadn't planned for an audience but he was grateful Danger got the opportunity to witness his second proposal.

“Didn't mean to derail the tour to the suite… my apologies, just wanted the opportunity to make things right..."

"Congratulations, you two," Danger called out to them, walking over with her full-hipped amble, a wide smile over her lips, and a shimmer over her green eyes. She took turns hugging Makai and Myra; the latter was busy trying to dry her eyes from the tears that fell.

"Love you both," She drawled out, giving each a kiss on the cheek, while Persie and Rue did the same, each giving a giggle. For Rue, it was just a happy time and nice to see how everyone was smiling and crying, for Persie, it was such a new and odd set of circumstances to be.

Hugo and Finn gave the family some privacy, waiting for them to let them know when they could lead them to the residences. They would have their own conjoined suite overlooking the forest and one of the artificial lakes. It would have rooms for Danger, Rue, Persie, Myra, and Makai.

Meanwhile, Myra was trying to control her crying mid laughing and smiling, and giving Makai kisses. She gave another laugh, then wrapped her arms around his shoulders, kissing him anew, her enagement ring flashing under the light. "Yes, completely worth it."

Days Later, Rafa XI
9b8ee8d0dd7914c17b41d06c9942b51e.jpg

Fuck me.

If there was one thing he hated more than anything was the freezing cold. Add in snow and icy slush and it was just icing on the misery cake. Rafa XI was a bleak, cold world before the invasion. Various refineries and research stations were the only thing the planet had going for it. After the battles, those structures had been destroyed, leaving nothing but a frozen ball. If it was bleak before, it was depressing now.

Typically, he had his own work to do with both Salacia and Aina and would have taken off separately from the Arceneaus. The focus on Centrality was not only to rebuild the region itself but to spend a little more time with family while doing so. Staying at the Farm had been great but as work pulled himself and Ellie away, it put them back into the position there were before Life Day. Now that he was responsible for Persephone, he thought it was important not to toss the girl off on Danger.

Which was why she came with him, introducing her to the 'family business' so to speak. Makai thought it was important for the girl to start seeing what went on. Unlike his father, Makai was positive no one was going to step up and claim the girl, might as well start molding her into the next heiress. He had acquired a Governess to tutor her one-on-one while at the Station, hoping to get Persie up to speed. He wished Saffron was still alive to refine some of the harsher edges of the girl, but they would get there.

They were standing on the slushy plains, staring at the ruins of a refinery. Makai was looking into mining potential but he knew MaraTibX would be interested in getting the helium refineries back online.

"Whatcha thinking Persie?"

Unlike her distant cousin, Persephone was unphased by the cold weather. She had a fashionable high-core coat on, the same length of her dress, and the now ever present combat boots. Persie had thumbed through Rogue Magazine, roped Myra into helping her order several outfits so she could look just as fashionable as the heiress. While she was unsure about many aspects of her new life, the pre-teen was enjoying all things fashion and beauty with Makai's fiancee.

Strand of dark hair was tucked behind her ear, cold air blowing it in her face. Icy blue eyes stared at the refinery, in complete ruins, wondering what Makky wanted her to say. Learning quite a bit, she was unsure of it all. That meant being unsure of what to say in many situations. It was different when she was at the suite, it was just her talking.

Makky explained to her this was business, as such, a little more serious. Persie was in many ways, eager to prove herself, to prove she was worthy to stay. She was unsure what Makky had plans for her. What of his Daddy? Was Judah even returning? Makky was keeping quiet on that front.

"Looks ruined to me Makky."

Makai laughed, nodding his head. "That it does. Would you rebuild it?"

"Will it make credits? Then...yes. Yous gotta come out here often then? Freeze off yer scales?"

"Not as often as you think. Thats why when you're in charge you hire a director or supervisor for the operation."

Last edited:
e548561bc39519ec589f884fbf314027.jpg

Rafa XI

Arceneau Trade Company
MaraTibX
Helium and Coaxuim Refinery

"Makai must be freezing his speckled-blue butt off,"
Myra remarked, a blend of concern and amusement in her tone as she rubbed her gloved hands together.

"I'm certain Thirty-Seven is making sure Mister Dashiell is properly attired for his assignment," Lana responded, herself dressed appropriately for the cold. If she thought the commentary regarding her boss's fiance's butt was an issue, she certainly didn't show it. "Just as I'm certain Miss Persephone is."

Little did they know, Persie was outfitted splendidly in her high-end fashion and combat boots.

Myra chuckled, strolling beside Lana Carde, her new aide, while El-Three took on the task of translating for the elusive Sharu survivors of the Bryn'adul onslaught. The search for the Sharu remnants continued, hindered by their view of other races as inferior. Nonetheless, expeditions were dispatched across Rafa XI, accompanied by surveyors to assess the remaining fuel refineries and the potential to recover anything from the research centers focused on developing new fuel materials and technologies. Rafa XI was once a pivotal node for the Centrality, supplying vital fuels such as helium and hyperfuel. The rehabilitation of these facilities is crucial for the Centrality's revival and its future flourishing.

"What do the initial surveys suggest?" Myra inquired, turning toward Lana. The Zeltron provided her the datatablet, to which Myra took to review carefully.

So far, only a third of the slushy ice planet had been surveyed. The Bryn'adul were anything but through in their work. With a grim face, Myra gave a sigh. "Most of these refineries will need to be salvaged from the ground up." she murmured.

"Helium pockets found underground and on the lower half of the atmosphere," they were lucky. If the helium was in the entire atmosphere, the gas would have required everyone to wear specialized masks for anyone needing oxygen to breathe. " We will need to locate specific equipment to pump the gas out and collect it." something for their research and development team to consider. Some are for underground use while others are for air collection. Something that would lower the chances of a fire outbreak.

"Coaxuim... this is the far more dangerous item to collect and refine," Coaxium, in its unprocessed form, is an extremely volatile and explosive hypermatter that requires refining to stabilize for room temperature storage. Even after refinement, coaxium remains a hazardous material that must be handled carefully due to its explosive nature. If unrefined coaxium is not kept in a controlled temperature setting, it will start to destabilize, change to a red hue, and eventually detonate with great force.

"We will need to raise the miners' wages and provide hazard pay for both the mining sites and the refinery. Additionally, we must consider suitable storage facilities. Fortunately, MaraTibx has experience processing hyperfuel and creating a biofuel variant, so they already have the necessary storage vessels. However, we will need to locate an off-world site to store it, separate from the mining and refinery operations."

Lana gave a nod and took notes in her own datapad.

"It looks like at least one research facility had its databanks saved. Have we've reviewed the details?" At this point it was about determining which locations were fit to be saved and reconstructed and which to be salvaged and reviewed for later.

"We are in the process of decrypting, but it may take time," Lana replied.

Myra gave a sigh, "Okay, let's work over the plans for the mining sites first and go from there." In the meantime, Myra took her comm out. With a quick message to Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell , she sent the following:

|| Myra: Hey, looks like the refineries and mining sites are far worse off than I initially imagined. Might take longer than originally expected. How are things on your end? And oh, how is Persie doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom