Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"I wonder if barabels use toilet paper. Or wookies. Schematics of that I don't want to think of."

Elbow gently nudged Rue, eliciting another giggle. He purposely didn't draw attention to Persephone's language. The moment Rue figured out she wasn't supposed to say it no doubt there would be a repeat in their near future. Last thing they needed was to repeat it to the girls governess at the wrong moment. Now that would be a conversation.

"Okay, less toilet paper talk and more helping Makky. Go on Rue, spoon it all in. Persie, I hope all that cheese is grated while you're over there talking business."

An eyeroll, but it looked done to him.Done making the sauce it was just a matter of combining everything together and sitting down. Pepper mill was brought out to crack, working while the little redhead girl spooned the cooked cured salted meat in with the pasta and sauce. Tongue was sticking out, completely focused on the task at hand. Makai chuckled a little, trying to ensure the meat made it into the serving dish.

Eyes found Ellie's as if to say really, toilet paper talk? Still, it had worked. Persie was at least grasping some of his lessons, absorbing what he and Ellie had been trying to teach her.

Myra Elspeth Arceneau Myra Elspeth Arceneau

Talk about toilet paper and business was what Danger walked into as she came from her room. Her expression was one that would be deemed as delightfully sour and pensive. Add in the sigh and the forced smile, and one wouldn't be able to miss. There might be something percolating in her mind that was bothering her.

"How my four favorite kids doin'?" she called out with a soft drawl, full hips and a slow amble drawing her up close to give Myra a hug and a kiss. "My you looked absolutely peaked!" Danger told the heiress, giving her a good look once over.

"I take it Rafa XI was more than a mite bit chilly," She inquired, dark brows arching high as she looked from Myra over to Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell .

"I just 'bout froze my arse off," Persie called out and of course Rue gave a classic little kid giggle that the older girl had said arse.

"If I was a boy my ba-" Persie continued only to be cut off by Myra going, "How do you like those smiley face boots?"

Persie, of course was properly distracted and she practically beamed, "Oh aren't they so pretty?" she even bent her knee and lifted up her skirt so that she could show them off more.

Brows furrowed as he watched the expression on Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau 's face. Something was bothering her. Makai figured it was something to do with the Core worlds. War was outbreaking at a more rapid pace now. While his father had built much of his business in the Outer Rim and beyond, Arceneau Trade was scattered everywhere. Plus the logistical challenges of warehouses compared to mobile salvage facilities and it was an entire different headache.

Something he would circle back to later, or inquire with Ellie about. She might have more insights.

"A little cold, I think I lost a scale or three. Everything else seems to be intact."

A small chuckle and a grin in Ellie's direction as he finished up, placing things in a serving bowl. He immediately grabbed Rue under the arms and lifted her off the stool, eliciting another couple giggles from the girl as he purposely lifted her higher than normal, gently placing her back on her two feet. Last thing he needed her for was to be burned, plus a bit of fun.

"Makky, can we watch the Tatooine Twins versus the Borleias Blurggs? Montie Newit is batting at .377 .You kept him on our fantasy team, right? I told you don't take him off."

Graviball season and his new partner in crime was Rue. Makai was positive the girl didn't so much like the sport but more the numbers ; not quite so unusual but what was unusual to be so involved in the statistics at her age. He had helped her put together a fantasy team and so his nights and sometimes late afternoons were filled with the girl taking meticulous notes. After all, he had put five hundred credits in the betting pool, playing against members of his fraternity.

Of course, the guys knew they were basically playing against a pre-teen girl. It was going to make their victory even better.

"Of course I don't make any moves without consulting the commissioner."
Grabbing the serving dish full of pasta so they could eat, Rue continued to stick to him like glue as he walked. "You can hang out with me until your bedtime, yes. Unless your Ma needs me."

Gaze found Danger, still concerned about the look she had when she first came out of the office. Still, he wasn't going to say anything. Not in front of the girls. Rue was far too young and Persie, while a hard exterior, would end up latching on and worrying if the situation was warranted in her mind. New smiley face combat boots would only distract so much into the evening.

"Danger, you had a good day? Busy?"

Danger gave a soft smile but in classic Queen of Trade style gave a murmur towards Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell , “Just a few items to discuss once the girls are in bed.”

She left it at that. For now, Danger wanted to spend time with her family. They were only just starting to find a rhyme and reason to their daily lives. The sting and ache of Alric’s passing fading. She still loved and missed him, hoping the best for his clone, but the insomnia no longer clung with the deathgrip claws it once had.

Now or was about moving forward and doing what was best for the girls and Arceneau Trade. She didn’t come this far for it to fall away in shambles. No, she has a legacy to continue.

Moving to assist Makai with plating, Danger shined Rue and Makai a smile. “How is the current season going’ for you two?”

Meanwhile, Myra had successfully distracted Persie to discuss about some fancy boutique couture shop that she just needs to visit.

A small nod at her words, not drawing attention to her words but wanting to acknowledge that he did hear her. It seemed Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau was determined to have their family meal first.

"Great Mama!" Rue grinned broadly, ready to jump into her explanation. "We're number two right now but the statistics point towards us being number one in roughly two months. Just gotta get Mideai to stop ridin' the pine."

An euphemism for being benched for a long period of time. Rue had picked up a few sports term in her endeavor of capturing numbers and following the statistics and trends of graviball.

Makai chuckled as Rue launched into the explanation. There was nothing much for him to add in on how the team was doing.

"The guys don't believe they are being beaten by Rue and I. Mainly Rue, really. I think we will head to a game to two before the wedding."

Makai hadn't told Rue his ideas or plans and blue eyes lit up.

"REALLY?!"

"Yep, I figure we can get some bonding in.."

In before he left. He didn't want to upset the girl. Was he going away forever? Not at all. Yet they most likely wouldn't be seeing one another every day. There was still some hashing out to be had with Ellie on their concrete plans.

"You're spoilin' her," Danger murmured, as Rue gave another whoop and went jumping up and down, rushing up over to Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell to give him a massive hug before rushing back out just as enthusiastically over towards Myra. She vaulted herself at her, and the heiress gave a short laughing stumble, before wrapping her arms around her.

"At this rate I fear for any future grandbabies of mine losin' their good sense,"
Danger joked, giving a chuckle as her shoulders shook in mirth. Her attitude improved and she decided to just let it ride. Whatever happened once Judah arrived was going to pass regardless. Her fretting over it wasn't going to do any of 'em good.

"Alright, you, let us settle down and eat,"
Danger called out, giving a small clap to get their attention and everyone situated. Moving around she made sure everyone had a plate.

"Myra could you get the drinks?"

"Of course, mama, what would everyone like to have?' Myra replied, moving in a rocking side by side forward motion as Rue continued to cling to her, laughing.

"Blum juice!"

"A fizzle pop,"

"Water is fine for now," Danger replied.

"It's definitely a subject we're concerned about. Monstrous children running amuck.Doesn't help earlier there was some justification of buying something because 'we have the credits' and a 'few sets' isn't spoiling."

It wasn't quite the phrase but it was close enough. Not that Makai minded focusing so much on both girls.Not spoiling Rue and Persie was something that stuck in his mind, although seeing them happy and enjoying their lives was certainly pushing much of those fears aside. Still, teasing Ellie about her earlier words was something he couldn't pass up.

"Maybe spoiling is more with a malicious intent to coerce behavior or poor follow through with discipline, rather than a few graviball tickets and new boots."

Makai sat in his spot on the side of the table as Danger mother henned over the plates, ensuring everyone had food and everything ready for their meal. He would have happily ensured the same thing, but old habits died hard.

"Oh..whatever you get me,thank you." A small pause as he continued. "Spoiling aside, it's been great to spend time with the family. Just think of it was more quality time together."

Not that the tickets were an issue, given the fact he owned the team now. Well, partially owned. Graviball ownership was a complicated affair.

"Luckily Dac hasn't been caught up in all this mess yet. Let's hope it holds."

Last edited:
“Isn’t Dax under the control of the Empire of the Lost?” Honestly if you asked Danger she thought that was such an odd name for what could be deemed a remnant of Imperialistic regime. Why are they lost? Why not simply call it the Empire? Or Imperial Remnant. It was hard to consider the name without asking if they were found again.

“We are also having’ to be walkin’ careful with them. Heck, even I got pulled into questioning the last time I stopped by Lianna to check in on the Tion Trade Nexus,” to be in a little room a grilled was such a curious endeavor. But Danger didn’t mind. She knew it was all about working with the governments that be if she wanted to continue amicable relations.

Now that everyone had a plate, it was likely best to not talk about work no more.

“Alright you, Rue, Persie come eat your supper.”

Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell

Makai thought a moment, unsure. To be fair, he rarely kept up with major galactic politics. Being a neutral party, business was business, no matter who he was dealing with. Sith, Jedi, Hutts, it didn't make a difference.

"Have you been? I don't like that. Only run ins I've had is the Trade Federation. I pissed them off in deal with Drey and that cortosis mine. To be fair, it was just business. I wanted to go home and see Ellie and frankly it was taking too long."

Unlike Danger, he believed in just getting the job done. Whining and crying about it wasn't going to help the situation, either negotiate and move on or accept the deals.

Persie emerged and sat across from Rue, leaving the spot across from Makai open for Myra.

Persie was intent on circling back to what Danger had said when she first emerged.

"Yous got four favorite children? Even me? Yous don't even know me yet to be a favorite."

Makai smiled, turning his head away from Persie, trying to let her see how amused he was by the question. The girl just didn't know Danger yet.

Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau

Makai had to mention the Trade Federation. A dark auburn brow would arch over at the younger Dashiell. How Makai would forge forward and make friendly with others would be a testimony on how Salacia and Aina would withstand the greater trade giants out there.

"One must have a cooler head when hashin' out the details of an agreement or contract Makai. Don't want to speed through and end up agreein' to somethin' you ain't to keen on doin' later on -- or piss off anyone else that will perhaps give a vouch of your name and spread word regardin' how you conduct business elsewhere."

"You'll have to give me the specifics afterward and then we can discuss what could have been done differently."

Persie came along and Danger gave a wide smile. Moving close, she tucked a loose dark lock of hair behind Persie's ears.

"Mmm, darlin' I ain't got to know you to like you plenty to be a favorite. Been in this 'verse long enough to tell a good seed in need of proper space to grow to flourish."

"Mama come on, let's eat." Myra added, and Rue agreed, finally managing to sit herself down. Didn't stop her energy as she bounced though.

Makai looked across to Ellie as Persie preened under the compliment,mouth quirking in an expression as if to say I'm still getting in trouble with her. He knew the Trade Queen was only helping him navigate future negotiations. Being thrown into the deep end with his father's absence, he did appreciate the guardrails, despite sometimes feeling like he was a little kid still learning the ropes. He was still learning after all.

After dinner and clean-up, Makai watched graviball with Rue, both complete with the superstitious backwards graviball caps, meticulous note taking, and several messages to the fantasy graviball league at Rue's insistence they brag. Granted, they were still in second place but his little counterpart had done the math and swore that the general trending of statistics pointed in their favor.

Once Rue was off in bed, Persie winding down for the evening by putting together her next morning proposal, Makai went off to find Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau . Taking off his hat, knuckles gently rapt on her bedroom door. There was the issue with the Trade Federation but there was something else. She had emerged from the office looking distraught earlier. Makai wanted to circle back and find out why.

"Danger? You busy? Or got a minute?"

Midway through unfastening one earring, Danger caught the soft knock and whisper of Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell . With a gentle smile gracing her lips, she gracefully made her way to the door, the soft click of her heels barely echoing in the room.

"Aye that I got a few minutes I can spare. Come on in," her warm drawl invited him, gesturing for him to step inside. The room was spacious, each corner designed to exude comfort and elegance. From the plush bedding to the private en suite, it was a sanctuary in its own right, offering a serene view of the nearby lake and forest.

"Make yourself comfortable," Danger offered graciously, turning her attention back to removing her earrings. She knew Makai had a knack for reading her, a rare quality in someone so young. It was a testament to their bond, one that few were privileged to share.

"So, pick your poison... drink and conversation to be precise."

"Thank you."

Entering the room, Makai drifted off to the bar cart, pouring a healthy portion of brandy for the both of them. The conversation could be banal or it could go sideways very quickly.

No matter what happened he wanted to be prepared.

"Between this and wine with Ellie later I might end up being a little tipsy."

A chuckle as the the half-Galan waited patiently for her to finish, holding her drink until ready. Makai didn't want to intrude on her personal time and space but it wasn't something to discuss out in the open. Especially if it was on the serious side.

"So what was bothering you before dinner earlier, when you came out of the office. Anything I can help with? Or be concerned about? Or was it more of a personal nature?"

He was careful not to overstep his bounds. Makai wasn't going to pry but at the same time, like any good future son-in-law, he was available to assist if needed. Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau had done so much for him, the least he could do was repay her kindness back.

Danger gave a perk of her brows, for she had an inkling how Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell might take the rest of the news she was about to provide. "Well...you might be needin' a bit more than just a tipsy's worth,"

It was her gentle forewarning, taking the glass of brandy from him. She enjoyed a nice hearty sip, before draping herself down on the seat. Her right leg crossed over left, and she went leaning back.

"Mmm... how to start?" Danger drawled out, giving a half chuckle that didn't quite meet her eyes. She thought Judah's decision was foolish seeing as he had yet to even reach out to his boy to try and hash things over.

In all the decades Danger had come to know the old Salvager, she was even more concerned regarding his priorities. Why bother coming down to see her when he should be putting Makai and his relationship with him first?

Well, mama always said to just rip off the bactapatch with one quick firm pull.

"Your pa just sent me word he's headin' over shortly. As in, he's already on his way to meet us here."

Makai didn't think anything personal was headed his way, sipping his brandy. He was expecting to be told something more banal ; he and Ellie needed to take care of Rue, one of them was going away on business for months on end, perhaps some corporate backstabbing.

When Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau told him his father was headed this way, right now he choked on the brandy. It burned and he coughed, trying to regain some sense of composure, tanned skin turning red against his blue scales.

"I should have sat down for that."

Makai slowly made his way to a free chair next to Dangers, separated by a small table.

He was livid. The wedding easily wasn't for a month and a half. There was absolutely no reason to bother coming, to what, yell at him more?! In all his years alive, Makai never expected both of his parents to fall by the wayside. One was yelling and acting like a moron, the other was too busy to have any dealings with him.

Shoulders squared, the half-Galan worked on schooling his expression to one of more neutrality.

"This is... unexpected. I will make sure a suite is ready and that Hugo and Finn will be prepared to give him an update on the new structure. Get him up to speed."

There was a small pause as he thought, a small shake of his head.

"I might go to Junkfort Station for a few days...take Persie. I want to build a refining and distribution outpost there...maybe attach it to the station. It will be good to get out of the house soon."

Running? Maybe. He would need some time to collect his thoughts. To know how to proceed forward.

Shoulders slumped again at several thoughts running through his mind at once. It was not an ideal situation for him. Maybe it would be fine for the others but they hadn't been present for Judahs last day on the Farm.

"Thanks for telling me...I...Do you..."

Makai managed to look at her.

"Honest opinion, do you think he's well enough to come back?"

At any other moment, Danger might have retained her neutral expression. However, this was Makai, and to be honest, it wouldn't be fair to him if she didn't give him her honest opinion. Wouldn't be doing right by him nor Myra, especially since the boy had proven himself immensely already in taking the reigns of not only Salacia but Aina. Of course, there was some fine tuning required in his manner of dealing with others and playing nice, but if polished out nicely, he'd make a good neutral player on the galactic scene in the salvaging and mining industry.

"No." It was summed up one word. Well enough to come back? No. "He's taken some time away but if he can't be able to do right by you and come to terms to discuss whatever ya'll need to discuss to get right by each other, then it will only continue to bleed out like a stuck bantha out in the middle of the Jungland Wastes just ripe to be the next Krayt Dragon bait."

Leave it to Danger to paint such lovely little scenes.

"Myra's been the one whose been talkin' to him more, communicatin' and such," which was saying a lot regarding the state of the friendship between Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell and Danger Arceneau. It was as if the monthly chats and bitching sessions had been replaced with Myra instead of Danger. To a degree, Danger could understand. Judah looked at Myra as if she were his own, much as she did the same with Makai. However, this decision to come over to discuss what was wrong between them should have taken a backseat and instead that focus on mending his relationship with Makai should have come first.

"Or maybe I'm wrong and it would be like your pa to not make mention of anythin' and just spit it all out in one go." who knew, she murmured with a twang, gesturing with her glass of brandy and she took a heavy sip of her own.

"I can't read your pa right like I used to. Not anymore."

Makai had drained a good portion of his brandy at this point. Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau was giving the answer he already suspected.

"Yeah, Ellie is definitely the chosen one in this situation. From what she's told me... I'm not surprised."

There was no bitterness or jealousy in his tone. Makai was thankful his father and his soon-to-be wife got along so well. Not everyone had that luxury and to have a close relationship would only make things easier in the long term. Short term it just made things curious on his end.

"I don't think he realizes Ellie and I talk every night. I've been kept abreast of the situation with about as much as she's willing to share. She sent him my journal, my old one... hoping it would ease some of his fears. I doubt it."

Rest of the brandy was drained in one fell swoop, aware it wasn't something meant to be chugged down but not caring. Makai also needed to steel himself to talk with Ellie, she'd immediately notice something was wrong. Not the conversation he wanted to have tonight, not that they had set topics. Just more like something he didn't want to dwell on.

"I'm sorry he's being an ass on your front. Uh, I know you've been friends a long time. Even if he doesn't come around for me, I hope he at least mends fences on your end. Doesn't seem right for you to be some kind of collateral damage cause I wanted to get married."

"Don't toss it all back so quickly," Danger advised Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell , slowly rising to walk over towards the bar cart and bring over the decanter to give him another splash

"Rule one of socializin' and keepin' up appearances even when given the worst of news; be aware of your tells," Danger would relay, her honeyed rasp drawling out a piece of advice.

"Outside of this place, gotta take things in stride. Also, keep your head swiveled correctly. " ambling over towards the younger Dashiell, she poured him another inch or so of the brandy.

"You ain't gotta 'pologize for your pa's errs, Makai. Not in this instance at least. He's the one tryin' to figure out where he stands and how that affects others, like a wounded kathhound wantin' to lick its wounds and stay in his den." finishing up, she went walking back towards the bar cart.

"It is what it is. We can only control so much. Some times you take it in stride, others we might want to maneuver and manipulate with the delicate touch of a chronowatch maker -- other times, well... sometimes gotta take out the big guns and lay a whollop or two."

"Be as it may, ain't gonna have no issues regardin' me and your pa's friendship. We've been friends almost as long as you are alive. Him turnin' into some grumpy ol' fool ain't gonna stop me from thinkin' of him as one. Just gonna let him wander a bit on his own while he figures out where he stands."

"If I wasn't at home and in different company, of course I wouldn't be tossing them back. Trying to get tipsy enough to be comfortably buzzed when Ellie will no doubt want to talk about this."

He hadn't even got drunk since leaving university.

Although the advice was more than likely also for his reference to the Trade Federation comment he made earlier. It wasn't that bad, Makai was just a little less easy going that say Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau or Judah Dashiell. His patience was much thinner in certain situations. He easily blames his mother for that streak of his personality.

"Yeah, it's probably for the best to give him space. That was my strategy up until now. Seems my hand is being pushed in a completely different direction."

He wasn't looking forward to it. Especially not how his father left. Now there was a new issue on the horizon : Persie. He and Ellie had taken all steps to be her legal guardians, and as far as he saw it in his eyes, it was settled. Ellie had alluded to the fact his father was already concerned about the situation.

Again, something else to stand firm on.

"Nice of you to still consider him a friend though, even as he enters the grumpy old man era of this life."

"Did you ever stop thinkin' of Myra as your friend durin' them six years y'all were apart?" Danger queried, her voice soft but carrying the weight of deep contemplation. She aimed to offer Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell a fresh perspective, a glimpse from a different angle.

Things weren't always so black and white.

"And what if she'd been just as ornery as your pa, instead of quiet-like? How you reckon you'd have responded then?" With a thoughtful expression, she sauntered back to the bar cart, setting down the decanter with a gentle clink. Her wrist swayed slightly, causing the amber liquid within to stir like a lazy whirlpool, mirroring the whirl of thoughts in her mind as they delved into their conversation's depths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom