Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orbit of Commenor,
Enroute to the Royal Palace

"How splendid the sky looks on a summer's day, wouldn't you agree?"

For once the harpy sounded slightly less annoyed seeing the Commenori sunset. There was something tranquil about being a nation of people who were civilized and not using every weapon under their respective sun to destroy their enemies. Not like they had any anyway.

As to who she was speaking to? Herself. Entirely. By now she had saw it fit to dismiss most of the staff who usually followed her around on these so called diplomatic missions after a particularly bad outbreak where she called them all blood sucking leeches trying to rise above the class they were born in. How insolent. She found removing people from their payroll, or at least influencing them to be removed, a lot more calming and good for her skin than to take whatever new medicine was on the market with its promises of anti-aging benefits.

There was but a single soul on the starship now landing on the nation's capital, the pilot, whom she would have gotten rid of too had she taken those pilot lessons her aunt insisted on when she was but a child. Perhaps the company of the Queen, something she grew envious of having a title like that of her own, [member="Lady Kay"] and her subordinates, [member="Darben Skirae"] and [member="Adron Malvern"] could keep the noble in such a pleasant mood.

But for now, the sunset certainly did splendid.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Isabella LaFleur"]

Despite the attack on Chasin City by her husband's Order of Dark Jedi that led to his exile, the prospect of trade needed to be heeded. If there was a call for it, they had to answer. Trade was the basis of their economy. With numerous shipping lanes moving through System Alliance territory, it was looked to for the safe arrival of goods both to and from the Core.

And now a new Empire was forming. The Fel Empire. A delegation was on it's way. Just minutes from landing on the designated landing pad. Kay waited outside with Imperial Sentinals flanking either side. She had sent word for Minister [member="Darben Skirae"] and her Royal Advisor [member="Adron Malvern"] to join her; if not outside then in the meeting room.

Her eyes drew skyward as she watched the approaching vessel. Hopefully today's meeting would prove successful for both parties.

"At one point in history the Fel Imperium commanded a sizable force within the galaxy. I had a deep admiration for their Imperial Knights." Adron's voice and presence seemed to nearly materialize out of nowhere as he moved to join Kay's side. The advisor had been taking some time to inspect Commenor's safety from foreign attack. After the past few incidents one could never be too safe. As he approached the Queen, his arms clasped behind his back, he took notice of the soldiers at her side. She had heeded his advice and taken the Sentinels into her personal detail, good.

"I was unaware that the Fel line was unbroken. After the Gulag Plague I assumed their would be no revival for the state." Taking his placed by Kay's side, he offered a respectful bow of his head, as was custom. "My lady." He said, in greeting before turning his eyes to the starship in the process of landing.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Isabella LaFleur"]

Jaster was enjoying taking the Theta-Class Shuttle through the atmosphere of Commenor. He had not visited the planet since was covered head to toe in Containment Armor, as well when the Dark Jedi Order attacked the Planet and he was forced to escape with Lore and take her to the empire with him. The girl was very upset about the whole ordeal and decided to take it out on training. She was probably beating up some Stormtroopers in combat back at the Imperial Capital.

He was piloting the modified shuttle that the Emperor had custom fit for [member="Isabella LaFleur"]. As he brought the shuttle to the landing pad he could feel the wheel of the Shuttle Navigation Terminal shake as it touched down. After loosing the armor that was keeping him alive, he was excited to have the pleasure of feelings his hands again. Standing up from the pilots seat he turned to the Co-pilot. The man looked similar to a Imperial Officer, though he ware a deep red uniform to represent his affiliation with the Diplomatic Imperial Knights Corp. "Now listen Tom,-"

"The names Gilbert Sir." Said the pilot.

Jaster just tapped him on the back, "That's a good joke," he walked to the blast door that separated the Cockpit and the back part. "Don't take the ship on a joy ride, I hear Commenorians are a little trigger happy these days."

He walked into the back and looked onto Lady LaFleur. The back compartment was changed to a fancy room with carpet and fancy chairs along with Naboo blown Glass tables and Sullistian Metal Design to hold it up. Near the exit where they were to leave, stood two Imperial Knights that were attached to the Diplomatic Corp. Looking to the Noble Lady, he commented, "Don't you think these knights are a little too much, the Emperor really needs to tone down the theatrics."

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Adron Malvern"]

Kay-Larr

Kay wasn't expecting [member="Adron Malvern"] to appear out of nowhere, yet there he was. Given that she was focused on what was above her and what had transpired over recent weeks, it wasn't all that shocking that her advisor had snuck up on her. The Sentinals remained still like living statues. They obviously didn't see him as a threat at all.

"Oh? You know about them?" She bowed her head as he greeted her and stood beside her. "I'm afraid that I haven't dabbled much into the lineage of the great families. There has been too much, especially lately, that have gotten in the way."

Once again her eyes drew skyward. "I just hope that this meeting is a good one." Little did she know that [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] was on board.

[member="Isabella LaFleur"]

She scowled looking towards the door, seeing somehow the idiots from the 'Diplomatic Corps' had somehow found their way onto the vessel. Her voice grew deep in antagonisation as she heard the the peasant like notes of Gillbert Tom, who was the last person she wanted anywhere near a ship she was aboard. "I wasn't aware that the Diplomatic Corps sent these incompetents out willy nilly even when I specifically tell them not to. Looks like they'll need liquified in the the near future" nodding to the Grand Moff and motioning for him to follow her as they exited the shuttle.

Squinting, she struggled to see exactly who was in the distance, perhaps it was the Queen, or some lookalike she had hired. Moving further and further forward, some distinction was brought to the woman's face, and eventually she lagged behind slightly to whisper into [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"], "By the way, don't make any jokes about her husband, or ask about him. I imagine she'd be rather sensitive given the trial." smirking and turning her head forwards to make eye contact with the Queen, quickening her pace so as to reach her as fast as she could and avoid an awkward staring competition.

"How wonderful to finally be of your acquaintaince, I am Isabella LaFleur, I serve as a diplomat for the Fel Empire, my associate, Grand Moff Jaster" nodding to him. For now, she heeded no attention to the third individual, whom she assumed was apart of a security detail. "Shall we proceed?"

[member="Lady Kay"] I [member="Adron Malvern"]

Kyrinov

][ A B S O L U T I O N ][
'I suppose that means no introduction for me, eh?' Tevro's first thought as the noble he stood behind seemed to put together a rather rushed introduction and said a few pleasantries here and there. As was his routine on such missions, it seemed that he was assigned to Isabella. Joy... Not that the woman was anything unordinary or anything like that.

He'd been told to accompany her to meet the Queen of Commenor though she'd said herself that she did not want any security detail. It seems the Corps thought otherwise. Better safe than sorry. And they would all be very sorry if something happened to her. Ragnos forbid something happens to that woman. So, at the administration's wishes, the Zabrak joined Isabella's party. He'd donned his black cloak, clipped his lightsaber to his right hip, and headed to the hangar bay.

The ride was bland, surprisingly. No one was yelled at... much. People milled about and talked about whatever topic came to mind. It was oddly normal for a ride with a character such as Isabella. But, Tevro wouldn't complain. It was quite a nice change.

Once they departed the shuttle, they walked inside and then Isabella broke out in long strides, speed walking towards a woman he perceived to be the Queen. For the love of the Emperor, the girl was fast, almost too fast for him to keep up. She slowed to an easier pace as they drew closer to the Queen and the man beside her. As the Fel trio drew nearer, Tevro looked over both the Queen and the man who accompanied her, his red eyes swiping over each one of them in turn.

Seems like the diplomacy talks will begin shortly, after the Commenori introductions, of course.

[member="Isabella LaFleur"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Adron Malvern"]

Kay-Larr

[member="Isabella LaFleur"] was a bit of an odd one. At first she walked normally, then hurried, only to slow down once more at her final approach. Kay wondered if maybe it was nerves that caused the odd pace. Some people acted silly around her sometimes, almost stumbling over themselves as they tried to figure out how to act or what to call her. It was...rather entertaining.

Kay offered up a polite smile and bow of her head as Isabella introduced herself. "Lovely to meet you, Miss LaFleur." Her eyes were then drawn up to [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] , blinking in surprise at seeing him out of armour. It had been years since she had seen his face, but the man himself she knew quite well. "Grand Moff Jaster? Well, congratulations. I didn't expect to see you, but it's a delightful surprise nonetheless." She wanted to ask him about her daughter, but she couldn't. The whole Galaxy didn't need to know about the whereabouts of her children. It was far too dangerous. Her attention was then turned to [member="Tevro"] . The Zabrak wasn't introduced, which made her believe that he was a bodyguard. Kay bowed her head to him anyways as she respected those in that position.

She then gestured towards the man beside her. "Allow me to introduce my Royal Advisor [member="Adron Malvern"] . I do hope that your journey was a good one. And if you follow me, we'll go inside for some refreshments as we get to business." Kay turned on her heel and began walking towards the Royal Palace. As they moved, so did the Imperial Sentinals. Her thoughts dwelled on [member="Darben Skirae"] . Hopefully he had gotten her message, but if not, then she was more than capable of handling it all on her own.

She led them through the Palace halls and straight to the meeting room. Tea, Commenori brandy and water were set on the side, as well as some light snacks and savoury treats. "Please help yourselves before we begin." There was no telling how long this meeting would be.

The Grand Moff followed behind both Lady [member="Isabella LaFleur"], Lord Ambassador as well as representative of the Noblius Court and Sir Tevro. He was being lectured by the Lady LaFleur again, even though he was her superior and he was the one who picked her to lead this negotiation. The Emperor stated he was too close to the Queen to keep the Negotiation staying in the Empires favor. The man was ill due to complications from waking up in Cryo Sleep so Jaster appointed the head of the Diplomatic Corps highest rated Ambassadors. He looked to her as she commented on his behavior, a smile creeped up on his rounded cheeks. "Oh, I know her Husband very well, I was here for the trial before my treatment with the Emperor."

[member="Tevro"] was the commander of the Imperial Knights protection detail here, though Jaster did not bring any security, he did not need such a thing here. Turning to Tevro, he commented on his non-introduction. "Come now Sir Tevro, I never saw you as one for the spot light, you seemed more like the Dark and Mysterious type to me."

He realized they were coming upon the Queen of Commenor, [member="Lady Kay"] and her Imperial Protection Detail. 'A little much don't you think Kay' He thought to himself. He flattened his uniform and bowed with his Imperial Cap covering his eyes. As the women recognized him immediately he was rather disappointed he was not able to trick his old friend. "It seems I will never be able to trick you, Kay," He removed his Cap and let his long hair pulled into a pony tail fell to his back. "I am merely here as an observer, though seeing you is always a pleasure of its own."

He looked over to Adviser [member="Adron Malvern"] and nodded towards him. He and Jaster had meet on two separate occasions and Jaster knew he was also in service to the Galactic Empire. Jaster had set up a Spy network across the galaxy to keep him informed of everything and keep him on the edge of any threat. They were in service to different Emperors, but we were across the galaxy from one another. There was no need to be hostile towards this man, "It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Mr. Malvern."

Jaster followed in the rear of the group, even behind the Imperial Knights. He was here to make sure the alliance and trade agreement with the Alliance went well. They now controlled the main body of the his trade lanes, and the mines of the Unknown Region were not fully operational. He was not to interfere too much by order of the Emperor.

Darben Skirae had had a late night at...was it a bar? Somewhere with drinks. Very late night. He had woken up and as usual, checked for messages first as soon as he woke up. Rubbing a hand over his face, he stopped halfway down his face, his eyes widening. [member="Lady Kay"] had asked for him. He quietly cursed for himself and got to getting ready as quickly as he could, careful not to wake Renla. Not realizing she had been out for most of the day.

As soon as he could Darben headed out to the meeting point outside. To find they weren't there. He quietly cursed to himself again and scrambled through the palace, almost knocking a couple of people over on the way. He came to the meeting room, and paused, entering slowly. And there he was that everyone was there. He gave an apologetic look towards Kay, entering the meeting room. "Hello, hello....Darben Skirae" he introduced himself, giving a short wave with the hand not holding a bunch of datapads. No doubt appearing most unprofessional as Darben still looked like he had just woken up.

Isabella held back a rather earnest scoff as she walked through the Palace, wondering how drunk the person who managed the interior design of the building was. To say it wasn't to her taste would be a bit of an understatement, it all appeared far too medieval, far too... common. "I must say the design choices for your palace are nothing less than exquisite, was it a family member who decided on all of this, yourself even?" sounding as authentic as she could possibly make her voice while turning her head to the left. Truth be told, she didn't even realize [member="Tevro"] had been selected to accompany her, she had assumed they had listened to the simple request she put through, though turning it slightly too much she recognized he Imperial Knight, still forgetting if he was blind or deaf, smiling to him and trying to infer which.

Upon seeing the latecomer, Isabella half smiled though not particularly mustering enough interest to let more than a simple "Hello" escape her lips. As they finally entered the meeting room, slower than she would have liked, she was yet again amazed at some of the interior design choices, though this was actually palatable for her own eyes.

The noble moved to take a cup of the tea, assuming [member="Lady Kay"] wasn't the type to poison her potential allies, and then announciated exactly what she thought was going to happen. "I'll keep this as short as my temper and as sweet as this splendid tea, with the Fel Empire being an up and coming nation we are seeking to befriend major players in Galactic Politics. While we understand the CSA is pacifist in nature, we would like to solidify this in a written agreement, along with free trade being opened between our two nations, and to specify that, any imports or exports to or from the Fel Empire and Commenor will incur a reduced tariff, or preferably, none at all." taking a sip of the tea, and staring at the woman with half closed eyes.

[member="Darben Skirae"] I [member="Tevro"] I [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] I [member="Lady Kay"] I [member="Adron Malvern"]

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow slightly as [member="Isabella LaFleur"] asked about the design. "Oh no, not at all. This Palace is centuries old. I'm the first in my family to ever live here. Every leader has put their own mark on different wings of the Palace. I have yet to make mine." But she will, eventually. Whenever she decides on what she wants to have done.

She looked to [member="Darben Skirae"] as he came in late. More than likely he was busy with his store. But at least he got her message. "Minister Darben Skirae, this is Miss Isabelle LaFleur. And of course you know Jaster." Or at least Darben should know [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] . However he probably didn't recognize the man out of uniform. She looked to [member="Tevro"] and gave him a small smile. "I'm afraid that I haven't quite caught your name..."

Kay began pouring some tea of which Isabelle was quick to pick up. She listened to her proposal as it were. Major player in the Galaxy? Hardly. The CSA was but a secondary thought,which wasn't entirely a bad thing. It kept them from becoming a target. She sipped her own tea as she sat down at the head of the table, glancing to [member="Adron Malvern"] before looking to Isabelle once again. "A non-aggression pact, free trade, all of that is well and good. But we are a neutral government. The same goes with our tariffs. We favour no government over another. So the Fel Empire would get the same rate as the others. That rate stands at 15%." Some governments had wanted to create trade blocs, but she knew that those would just lead to blockades. She didn't want to risk that. This way had served the CSA much better.

Jaster continued to follow the group as they walked along, he had visited the palace on several occasion. Mostly to be a pest to Kay, and argue with Lore in the palace halls about whos a better fighter, himself or Kaine. Oddly enough Jaster argued Kaine and Lore was in his corner, for some odd reason. The thoughts of the Palace did bring a cracked smile to a enjoyment as Kay stated that she did not leave a mark on the Palace as of yet. He was sure there was a Tea stain somewhere in the Commons Room that she attempted to hide from the maids in a attempt to clean later cuz she had 'All the time in the World now'.

Moving on he noticed [member="Darben Skirae"] as he walked up to the group. Jaster only meet the man once or twice, Jaster preferred to keep his friendship with the Queen from public or prying eyes. He was a less then reputable kind of man, known for his back door dealings and shadow brokering for the larger names. Now as Grand Moff of the Fel Empire, he felt as an equal to her now and no longer a leach of her kindness. "Glad to see you again Darben, its been nearly 3 years since we meet at the Celebration Galla, how have you been."

It was at this point Jaster noticed the shift in [member="Lady Kay"], one he had seen before. She turned from her kind, openly positive self, to the negotiator that had been through this a million times. Commenor was the Epic Trade Center for some of the largest manufacturing worlds within the Core rings. Kuat, Gydine, Nuemordia, Alderan, even lanes that bypassed the GA and opened commerce to Denon. Everyone wanted access, and Kay always allowed it, but everyone played by the rules. Jaster knew this, but decided to not let Lady LaFleur in on this as he hopped she would be a little more light with the Imperium. It was naive to think that, but he did hope to try.

As she got serious, he really wanted to lighten the mood by being a pest like before. However, he stood his ground and stayed as professional as he could while not trying to stare at her serious face without breaking into a light chuckle.

I have no idea when me and Darben meet. though we have meet before.
[member="Isabella LaFleur"] [member="Tevro"] [member="Adron Malvern"]

Darben Skirae nodded towards [member="Lady Kay"] and then [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"], he was vaguely aware of remembering them. He had met them a couple times between the galla and then, but when exactly evaded his memory. "Indeed, sometime since" he replied, taking his seat. Had it really been three years? So much had happened in those three years since then. So much...He tried not to look back on it all and focused on the present instead. He noted things down on one of his datapads, such as the current rate, free trade and such.

"What kind of trade does the Fel Empire expertise in?" he asked after Kay had finished with her speaking. Something else for him to note down.

[member="Isabella LaFleur"] [member="Tevro"]

"Well..." squinting into the cup of tea and then looking up again, "The Fel Empire specifically" pausing again and coughing, "​The Empire specifies in the trade of military technology, arms, etcetera, I'm sure you get the gist." Not being entirely sure if that was even true, though she assumed the two diplomats wouldn't be impressed if she responded with the truthful answer of 'I don't know.' "Of course we also focus on environmentally friendly mining in systems that we have influence over, manufacturing whatever the modern consumer needs!" Well, at least she knew there were a few factories on the nation's capital.

Gripping the cup slightly more, she peered to [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"], which probably isn't what she wanted. This was one of the few times her boisterous voice couldn't be heard echoing throughout the Palace's corridors, though she intended on changing that. "Oh yes, I also believe we would be interested in establishing a permanent embassy on Commenor and establishing a Commenori embassy on our capital of Natro Terra to further strengthen relations between our two states."

[member="Darben Skirae"] I [member="Lady Kay"] I [member="Adron Malvern"] I [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Kyrinov

][ A B S O L U T I O N ][
As he slowed to an easier pace behind Isabella and stopped, listening to the introductions, he heard Jaster's clothes rustle and the man's voice spoke to him off to the side. "Come now Sir Tevro, I never saw you as one for the spot light, you seemed more like the Dark and Mysterious type to me," came his little jeer. Tevro's lip twitched slighty, the closest to a smirk that most would ever see on his blank face at any given point. He glanced over to the Grand Moff and nodded as if to confirm the statement. A white tooth showing as he whispered a short response. "Well, that's part of the job description, isn't it, Grand Moff? If it isn't, it should be."

He relaxed a bit, shoulders sagging minimally as his hands came to rest at his seam of his pants. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath, letting his mind rest for a few minutes as he listened to the nobles and higher-ups talk yet he didn't hear their conversation. It wasn't often that he allowed himself to show such outward signs of, at least, partial tranquility. Such exposure in situations that demanded vigilance often meant failure in the mission or a lack of response, however small that lack may be.

His eyes opened while he rests on the heels of his feet, the toes of his boots slightly lifting off of the tile floor. This room was large, too large for comfort. The library under the Academy was far larger but, then again, there weren't innumerable people milling about with Ragnos knows what on their being. A brief sign of tension flashed across his body as the Zabrak's jaw clenched and his weight was balanced between both feet. He continued his walk with the Noble and the Grand Moff until they reached the meeting room.

Everyone sat down, save for him. He opted to stand, as he always did. What surprised him was hearing the Queen's voice address him. His eyes flicked to the direction of her voice. "I'm afraid that I haven't quite caught your name," was the only thing she said as he turned his head. It seems he would get a small introduction after all. "I am Tevro, Your Highness." My, those words tasted weird as they hesitantly rolled off of his tongue. He was unaccustomed to most formalities in seems, at least, in the royal regard. The man fell back into silence as he held her gaze for a moment that seemed to feel almost impolite. Odd but perhaps not unwarranted for one as uneducated in court etiquette such as he.

The talk continued without much consequence. Lovely, he could go back to being a red and black statue.

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] | [member="Isabella LaFleur"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Darben Skirae"]

Kay-Larr

Kay gave a half smile as [member="Tevro"] answered. She was quite used to some people that never knew how to act or what to say around her. If they knew that she wasn't born into it or even married into it, then perhaps some might be more comfortable. But that could be told to him at a later time.

She looked to [member="Isabella LaFleur"] asshe answered [member="Darben Skirae"] . Materials that were mined were always valuable. Commenor itself housed the largest chrysopaz gemstone deposit in the Galaxy. Yet she couldn't step into their talks. She had to let her Minister handle that.

But the request for an Embassy. Now that was something that she could respond to. "An Embassy for both of our Capitals would be ideal. I find that they are a great bridge for building strong and supportive relations."

[member="Adron Malvern"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

​Adron had been present and accounted for the entirety of the meeting. (His writer was not being a lazy nerf-herder) He had said nothing, as he had found nothing to be unacceptable thus far. Of course, Adron's master was the Emperor of the Galactic Empire, and there was much to be gained from defaming the Fel Empire, however a true advisor knew when to talk and when to keep his handsome face shut.

​Glancing over to Kay, Adron cleared his throat as she spoke, finally speaking for the first time. "An embassy on Commenor sounds like a good idea. As the Queen said, favoring you with our tax laws could be seen as....taking a side. Something we will not do. Yet I am sure if the Fel Empire is earnest in their hopes of a supportive relationship, it will not be a problem." He said, before turning to silence once again, offering a rather neutral smile as he spoke.

[member="Lady Kay"] @Tevro @Isabella LaFleur [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] [member="Darben Skirae"]

Isabella's eyes peered down to her datapad, having just received a weekly economic update from the Department of the Interior. Grinning, she nodded at both of [member="Adron Malvern"] and [member="Lady Kay"], speaking once more with confidence that the two would have become well acquainted with by now. "To clarify on my previous statement, the Fel Empire has only recently gained authority in regards to the economic sectors of systems within our control, and as such we've only recently acquired data in regards to goods within each respective sector. Specifically, the majority of our planets are rich in rare metals, crystals and the like. The planetary capital of Natro Terra is an urban paradise, containing large swathes of territory for modernized factories, along with the factories of old needing re purposed in order to meet our futurization quota."

Pausing, she looked down again forgetting what else had been mentioned from the most senior minister within the department. Within microseconds, she remembered, continuing with the lecture. "I'm unsure of how production specifically works within Commenor space, though as I would imagine you would posses the rights to specific state owned enterprises? Specifically, in regards to a much more refined trade deal we are wishing to trade the aforementioned minerals for industrial construction components." Glancing to [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"], hoping she got the specifics of the deal correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom