Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C'est La Vie (Goodbye CHAOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[member="Jeron Verity"] - I was tagged. So I feel the need to comment. You're not going to like my comment. So it is spoilered for ease of ignoring.

This is life. Don't take it so seriously. No one gets out alive. People sometimes get along. Sometimes they don't. Sometimes mis-translations of actions and words happen. It is ASTOUNDINGLY easy in face to face, let alone via internet. You need to step back and take a bottle full of chill. I would expect better out of my six year old so far as social conduct goes. Since I believe you are older, I expect far more. I put you at a higher level than this. It would appear I was wrong. But the beautiful thing about all of this? In an hour or less, I won't care. Nor should you. Because it is the internet, and my opinion of you and your opinion of me should matter about as much as a fly farting against the wind.

Given how you reacted when I offered to help you alchemize things when your whole Sith business started(which was frankly repugnant in the lack of maturity), and the posts now doing the same theatrical blow-up and then apologetics... I believe I am getting to see a full and complete picture of you, and how you conduct yourself. Frankly, it's not terribly becoming of any age or maturity. I am sad to see someone who genuinely had good ideas and a fair amount of writing talent leave. But if you can't stand being told no, or that ideas are not realistic for a setting that has already been established by others (not of this board), then perhaps it is for the best.

In the end? Relax. Get a grip (or less of one) on thing. Realize it's a giant venue for storytelling and being massive nerds, and that none of it really matters. Have fun. Be excellent to one another. Life is far too short for us to spread such unfounded vehemence as you seem prone to. I know because I was exactly you just a month or two ago. It took a lot of harsh things to change that. So maybe someone else standing up that is completely unconnected to this whole mess and telling you that you're off base will help you. It is what it took for me. And the one you claim as such a horrible person is the one who took that time to smack me around a bit.

Good luck, good times, and good stories.

Jeron Verity said:
[member="Ajira Cardei"]

Your insults are meaningless while you act so arrogant. It's people like you why I can not return. It was Spencers warning that was the final straw because I was not allowed to defend myself against you. Sorry you weren't the kicker, but surely you can be the kicker of the dead horse.
I absolutely love how Cardei apologized for his part in the conflict, while pointing out yours and instead of maybe figuring out how much of this 'issue' you are having with Chaos has to do with you, you just decide to mouth off again.

Brilliant, bravo.

I feel like this is blown up way out of context. So, should you care to read this at all, go ahead. Otherwise, skip it.

Sometimes, you need to be told no. There are many times on this site and off where I have talked to people about ideas that would be really, Really freaking cool. However, they don't come because someone with their right mind would come along and tell me no. There are many times were I have gotten angry because of it. In my past, I have yelled at a few people. Cussed some out, and even threatened a guy. I am not proud of it. Now that I look back on it, I can see how I was wrong. I can see how people would act the way they did around me. Back then, I had an ego that was about a large as the site. I felt like I could do anything, and nobody was going to stop me. However, I ran into one particular set of people.

You may not know them, but [member="Mikhail Shorn"] was actually the guy who put me in my place. Multiple times with multiple characters. There were other times when the very person you are yelling at now, [member="Ajira Cardei"], also gave me a come to jesus moment. I remember one particular thread that I had with Shorn were it was a hunting thread against myself and another guy. It was a public thread, and well. The writer and myself got into an argument to say the least. It wasn't good at all. In the end, I realized how stupid I had acted, and I apologized. (it was about a week later when i did I think) Either way, sometimes saying something rash and rude can get people to not like you.

I saw what Cardei had done and denied your submission. However, YOU were instigating it by saying if it couldn't be approved, then to go to the staff about it. The thing is, you don't know that the writer has been here since I could remember, The writer was part of staff multiple times. And has dealt with situations like this before. Sure, sometimes people mess up. Yes, the writer probably did say a few harsh words towards you, but don't you think you kind of deserve to be told no when you are mouthing off to someone who you know nothing about? Add to the fact that you. brought this on yourself? People think you can do whatever you want on the internet and get away with it. Fact is, you cant.

Cyberbullying is not right. You said it yourself. People shouldn't do that, but if you are here on the internet, it WILL happen to you. I promise you will always have someone who argues with you. You will always have someone who doesn't know your intentions and screw something up for you. However, how you act is up to you. If telling someone to go screw themselves is your way of responding on here? then you are going to only dig yourself in a hole. This Site's community is very tight. Very close. Almost like a Family. If you hurt, or say something rude to one part, then all the other parts will know about it at some point.

You will dig yourself into a hole you won't be able to get out of. I am glad that you have people responding to this thread saying you were a good writer, and a good person. I have no doubt that you are just that. A good person, however, good people with good intention can go about it the wrong way. You did that. You decided to piss of a Factory Judge on a submission that was not supported by threads, by IC experience, and other such. Rightfully, it was denied. In fact,

"Who said I need your respect? I'm having fun in my corner, I have yet to abuse anything. Just as everyone has ever said on this site Just Have Fun"

If you want respect from others, if you want people to see great and powerful artifacts under your control, if you want to have fun in a respectful, and meaningful way, then you need to give some as well. YOU WILL ONLY GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN. The community here is based entirely on respect towards others. The Factory Judges do NOT get paid for this. The Admins, don't get paid either. They come here to have fun as well. HOWEVER, you coming, and saying you don't need their respect, is quite frankly, very rude.

"Freedon Nadd's Holocron was Approved by Braith. If you think the wording should be changed, that's something you should take up with Staff. I never asked for your harsh criticism, but thanks for not reading."

As a Factory judge, it is the writers job to criticize your work, to sift through the threads you do, to read all the time you spend to make sure that you DESERVE such a powerful artifact. In all of my time on this site, Never once have I seen a holocron made about Sith Alchemy alone with so much power that could be housed within the holocron itself. I have seen a few very powerful ones with different powers housed to train those who could use such skill, but here, you need to earn your way to the top. Even if you have to get through all the people who say no, even if you have to get through all of the people

Even now, when you are leaving, you are still mouthing off to other people. Somebody tries to say they are sorry, and you decide to instead accept it, or to admit that you were WRONG, you tell them to go somewhere else. I was actually planning on coming to you in the near future and planned on RPing with you and some of your characters. However now, as i see that you wine and complain that you didn't get your force artifact. I don't want to RP with someone who blows up, and who decides to mouth off to people who are running this site to make sure that EVERBODY, and not just you get their fun. Sometimes, you have to make a sacrifice of your own fun, for others to have it. Sometimes, you need to be willing to accept that you are wrong.

Sometimes, its best to just leave.

I hope that you do come back at some point. I do hope that you can see the error of your ways. I do hope that you will be able to find what makes you happy in life. If that means being away from this site, then so be it.

Have a nice day.

[member="Jeron Verity"]

I usually stay away from this. Usually. Without even reading into depth about the whole issue but just by reading the first post, [member="Ajira Cardei"]'s reply, and your reply after is enough to figure it out.

So simply said.

Ajira apologized for whatever he has done, you went full c*ck mode to his apology. Kind of contradicting to what you were preaching in your OP.

This is where the difference is.

Think about it or don't. As [member="Ostanes"] said earlier, it is the Internet.

I've never posted with you or talked to you, Mr. Verity, that I'm aware of. But I can't help but feel you're not entirely wrong. I've come to realize that caring too much here does nothing but get you upset and have yourself 'blacklisted'. You're told not to take it personally, to stop being so difficult and such by people who are doing exactly what they decry. Therefore, stop caring and be self-serving in the sense that you place your enjoyment ahead of everything else.

@Jason Verity

tumblr_nir605vf4u1u8gjruo1_500.gif

mfw this thread

Matreya

Sigh.

Gotta love that a man comes on, in a time when he is feeling wronged, and many of the people that are considered staff, or founders, are having a go at telling him off. No, you all haven't outright talked poodoo, but this sort of thing is the issue!

We have seen people reach this point, and leave, in the past! Isn't this a problem? Instead of acknowledging that the person is feeling wronged, and simply show support, many of you are laughing at it or being passive aggressive. In what way does this equate to proper reaction? We are expected to make this a fun site, an interesting community, yet we laugh when a person feels wronged?

As said in a recent PM to staff, is this all on the attackers? No. There was an event where even I felt that he was being overly aggressive, but did I outright attack back? No. I said that I wished him luck, despite our misunderstood moment, and that I would continue to roleplay with him should he wish it.

Saying, "Grow up." does nothing, considering the adult attitude required to say these things! The adult reaction is to assist, or ignore! This coming from a guy that is in 4 parenting classes, plus three others, over the past year.

Am I saying that he should be treated as a personal child of yours? Not at all. Simply that berating a man for having issues is uncalled for. Especially considering how few of you know the state his life is in. I haven't talked with him avidly for a few months, but last I did, it wasn't peachy as everyone automatically believes.

So your attacking a man that needs to feel at home in a place he uses to escape.

All in all, this thread is exactly what he, and myself, are talking about. Attacked for no perceivable reason, at least none that concern the others (ie, his reaction to Jon? Leave that alone. Its their business, and that of others involved.)

If I was the OP, I would request this be archived immediately as well I would report those talking trash. Its messed up.

Things like miss treatment over the internet have led people to committing suicide. So, take that into consideration next time before continuing with your rudeness.

Life's greatest message needs to be repeated (go figure considering how many are claiming to be adults): if you don't have something nice to contribute, then don't.

Plain and simple.

Matreya

I'm contemplating quoting times such as these, the messages perceived as outright attack or rudeness, and making a thread that would then be linked to newcomers so they could flee before potentially being placed into the same state.

Who cares right? People leaving don't matter. The other writers don't. So, who cares seriously?

Usually when members of Staff are named in questionable situations - such as yours, [member="Jeron Verity"] - this will prompt an investigation. I enjoy leading these investigations, because one of the primary reasons Chaos exists today was because we left another community rife with corruption and deceit on the highest of levels (Staff/Owner). My job, above all other jobs, is to keep us... the SWRP Staff Team... honest and true to the spirit of this community. Everyone on the team knows this, so when they were greeted by questions today concerning your post, everyone knew what was up.

However, I have reached the conclusion of my internal investigation: Every Factory Judge involved acted appropriately, the Factory Administrator was a bit frank with you but also acted within her right. The Factory Admin, [member="Spencer Varanin"], also personally guaranteed you got the Freedon Nadd holocron in the first place, and went out of her way to do so.

When Jorus denied your second holocron submission, he was within his power to do so and even I wouldn't challenge that. What I would do is advise you that you could have Second Chanced the holocron and be guaranteed a fair shake at with a non-Jorus Factory Judge. This is why Second Chance exists. I don't know why you didn't use Second Chance.

And the warning point?

I've got 3 myself. Join the club.

Warning points are not the end of anything. They're hardly relevant. The only reason warning points exist is so we Admins/RPJs can communicate with each other and leave reminders that hey, this guy argued with a Factory Judge in a submission. So if you do it again, and we see that warning, we know you're likely a repeat offender. Is it a bit embarrassing to get a warning point? Yeah, a little bit. But it's just a warning. Just sleep it off and don't do what caused you to get one again, and you'll be fine.

Also, don't be so self-involved that you overlook how many people helped you getting what you wanted up until that one holocron got denied. It's not like it was even a huge submission - and the dev thread wasn't wasted, you could've used it on something else if your Second Chance failed. And if you didn't want the Second Chance to fail, or the only thing you wanted in life was for Jorus Merrill to accept your holocron - PM the guy and go "Okay, I accept that you have denied it. I want to Second Chance, because I really like this idea I've come up with, but my question to you is - how do I get it to pass?" You can replace Jorus's name with any of the other Judges. They're all just cogs in a wheel that we've developed over time that helps the community improve their characters and come up with neat ideas/concepts.

And these Factory nerds will once again go out of their way to help you. I know, they're crazy.

There's no conspiracy by Staff, the Factory, or the Codex to ruin anyone's day - only people waiting to help you if you approach them with respect, courtesy, and possibly coffee.

Rejection especially in a factory/codex submission can hurt to some, I know the feeling. I used to feel that way years ago, and took criticism personally. But one thing that should be understood here is [member="Ajira Cardei"] was just doing their job as a Factory Judge, albeit as they've mentioned their words could have been chosen more carefully[I did not read the submission, so I'm going off what Ajira has posted]. I see every criticism as a platform on which we can learn and better our works. So in my opinion I applaud constructive criticism, all that judge or person is doing is helping to perfect my works.

However the denial of your submission or perhaps even a warning point isn't the end of the world. [member="Spencer Varanin"] as this lady previously mentioned, warnings like that are just the staffs way of telling you to cool your jets. It's not the end of the world lots of people get them. Hell I'm sure there's more than a fair share of veterans who have gotten one or several points. Just talk the situation out and if it cant be talked down or reduced, just don't do the act again.

I don't know the other facts of the situation, I'm just a bystander responding according to what I've read here so far. I'm not going to convince you to stay and work things out, people don't like to stay where they are not wanted. It sounds like you could use a break for a while, I always recommend as [member="Livna Zios"] said stay off the site for a week, just to give yourself a break and at the seventh day log in and re-evaluate your stay here. Sometimes in the heat of the moment we make brash decisions.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Gonna go RP now.

Also:

Tefka said:
And if you didn't want the Second Chance to fail, or the only thing you wanted in life was for Jorus Merrill to accept your holocron - PM the guy and go "Okay, I accept that you have denied it. I want to Second Chance, because I really like this idea I've come up with, but my question to you is - how do I get it to pass?" You can replace Jorus's name with any of the other Judges. They're all just cogs in a wheel that we've developed over time that helps the community improve their characters and come up with neat ideas/concepts. And these Factory nerds will once again go out of their way to help you. I know, they're crazy.
This is 100% true. I know I'm gonna regret this, but I'm completely open to helping people polish their subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom