Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Chapter Three: Total War | Long Live The Empire DE vs GA Coruscant

coruscantaltobj3-1-1.png

FEDERAL ASSEMBLY, SENATE OFFICES
CORUSCANT

- Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan - Raphael Calgar Raphael Calgar - Achan Jaikavi Achan Jaikavi - Katarine Ryiah Katarine Ryiah - Kazian Blackwood Kazian Blackwood - Reiner Ghadi Reiner Ghadi - Dyrn Grav Dyrn Grav -
"I suppose it would be a fool's errand to suggest that you find the exit and leave this task to us, Alicio,"

He hesitated, perhaps a little longer than the Senator from Aegis might expect him to. But in time, he found a dry smirk. "Correct."

Thankfully, their trio of senators suddenly swelled with additional forces. Natasi's explanation, and the tastes in the Force, confirmed their identity, though a sad sort of smile accompanied his thankful nod. Dyrn asked if he was ready for them to leave, and the former Count could only shake his head. "Thank you so much for being here. But... not yet."

Letting Natasi do the lion's share of the explanation, the squad of politicians and soldiers made their way through the Senate Offices, towards a series of turbolifts. Raphael began the work of getting them open, while Alicio... felt a sudden spike of danger from the Future. "Brace!," he managed, before the building shuddered, the floor dropping from their feet for a moment. But miraculously, Alicio still stood after the shaking, as if he knew just where, and how to step to save himself the worst of it.

The group was lucky their section hadn't been at the epicenter of whatever just happened to it. They still had time to plan. Precious little time, but time regardless.

Raphael outlined a possible option for them, shepherding them all to a forgotten room of the Senate building.

"When they built this tower, they equipped every few levels with a small cache of personal repulsor packs. It's practically ancient technology but..."

"Something about beggars and choosers," the king of Alderaan said, nodding. It would have to do.

Others began putting on the hoverpacks, but Alicio lingered towards the back. On the call for last words, he turned back towards the entrance, keeping a vigilant eye behind them.
"I'm the last out," he said, flicking his eyes toward the guards, towards Dyrn, as if challenging them to dispute him.

As Natasi said, it would be a fool's errand for them to try talking him out of it.

Aenarr Kyrr

Strill Securities Tra'ibahikan Squadron Leader

Strill-Post-Banner.png

coruscantaltobj3-1-1.png

Friendly Units: Tra'ibahikan Squadron
Enemy Tag(s): Gress D'ran Gress D'ran | Sara Roche Sara Roche | Roland Bazeach Roland Bazeach | GA and Allies
Friendly Tag(s):
Arminius Kroeger Arminius Kroeger | Scylla AI Scylla AI | DE and Allies

Equipment

zv5a8wkox0x71.jpg

Aenarr Kyrr "Tra'ibahikan 1-1"

Shields: |||||||||| (100%)
Hull: |||||||||| (100% Integrity)
Active Stealth Systems: Inactive.
Passive Stealth Systems: Uncompromised.
EWAR Suite:

Loadout:
Saviin Kote "Tra'ibahikan 1-2"

EWAR Suite:

Loadout:
Mar Netra "Tra'ibahikan 1-3"

EWAR Suite:

Loadout:
Rang Nihut'tyr "Tra'ibahikan 1-4"

EWAR Suite:

Loadout:
The Morut's hangar was a hive of activity. Kyr'galaar and Gar Oya'karir fighters poured out of the hangar ahead of them. Tra'ibahikan had to switch out some of their ordnance however, and though the hangar crews were working as fast as they could, implant augmented reflexes and pre-combat adrenaline did not contribute to being patient. Rang, being the youngest, and being a Nihut'tyr, was demonstrating just this attitude, "This is taking too long," complained "While we're stuck in here, they're out there shooting all the Imps!"

"'Lek, 'lek, and then we're never going to live down having less kills than the others during the Battle of shabla Coruscant," groaned Mar Netra, the exasperation in his voice matched only by what Aenarr knew from having known Marr long enough was barely restrained frustration at their current situation. He and Saviin had made a miscalculation when they were on approach, and that had largely been a capital ship slugfest, but now that they were in atmosphere it was evident that they were going to have to fight for the airspace.

"Tra'ibahikan 1-1, this is Alor'ad Kyrr. Tra'alor'an Kote wants you off the ship in a hurry. He's threatening to come down to the hangar himself," filtered Captain Emri Kyrr's voice in through his buy'ce's speakers, tone half serious. Aenarr exhaled sharply in amusement. His Tra'galaar was already linked in to the ship's Manda network, and he could "see" the chaos outside through the other ships' battlenet linked sensors. He knew just why the Admiral Kote wanted them off the ship in a hurry.

"Tell the alor to keep his 'gam on, we're on our way out," laughed Aenarr. Fortunately for him, it was at that point that ammunition status indicators from the other fighters all winked green. He didn't even have to raise flight control, all the outbound craft were already gone. "Tra'ibahikan 1-1 to all Tra'ibahikan callsigns, alor wants us off the ships and doing our jobs, so let's see if we can't ruin someone else's day." Aenarr quickly initiated the preflight check and launch sequence of his fighter over neural link with practiced ease.

The Isotope-5 reactor kicked from idle, waking the fighter's systems from their slumber. Like a Strill waking up, the fighter came to full flight ready status. Weapon targeting icons flashed into existence in the center of his vision and ammunition readouts flashed green to alert him to their status. The fighter's sensor feeds fed directly into his conscious with the much diminished but ever present momentary sense of vertigo. Almost as if it was saving the best part for last, the engines came to life with a low growl that sent subtle vibrations through the fighter's spaceframe.

"Oya manda to that, vod," came Saviin's response as all four fighters lifted off the deck, landing struts withdrawing into their hulls in almost perfectly synchronized fashion. In order of seniority, the four elite pilots maneuvered their fighters to the pressor launch systems of the hangar. Automated launch systems synced with their fighters' avionics. Once all four fighters had taken position, they were given the "launch" signal right as the catapult engaged, hurling them out into the chaos of the Coruscant skies outside the Morut.

Aenarr glanced at the threat assessment as the four fighters cleared their carrier. The skies were choked with enemy fighters, but the Manda's analytical capabilities parsed the networked sensor data at a rate he could never hope to come close to matching, let alone beating. His fighter's module highlighted the TIE Maulers and Bruisers as priority targets for the squadron. Only there were four of each enemy fighter left by what their sensors were picking up.

"Rang, Mar, enemy priority contacts are yours. Haili cetare!!" Aenarr ordered over comms. The Manda interface showed both Mar and Rang locking onto the eight fighters with an Assault-grade T'barsr-BT Guided Baradium Cluster Missile each, with two concussion missile submunitions assigned to engage TIE Mauler and Bruiser. Just in case, Aenarr and Saviin both locked the same targets, their years of service together enabling them to have the understanding to do so without having to communicate this verbally.

Summary

• Squadron swaps out ordnance to engage enemy fighters.
  • Squadron launchers.
  • Two fighters of the squadron fire a assault-grade cluster missile with a pair of concussion missile submunitions targeting each of the TIE Maulers and Bruisers.

coruscantaltobj3-1-1.png

7.png

"The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design."
-- Darth Plagueis.

Tags: Ronval Rubat Ronval Rubat
Objective: Total War - Attacking the Headquarters of the Strategic Intelligence Agency, S.I.A.
Equipment:
The Initium, Portable Dampening Field, The Cone of Silence, The Domestic Surveillance of Direct Threats, #3567-956-827, Cortosis
Transportation Crates, Curved Lightsaber Hilt, Slicing Unit, The Imperial Immortals, Annihilator-class Boarding Shuttles.

There it was. A colossus emerging from the depths of Coruscant as if the dark side itself had summoned a demon from the Netherworld itself to crush the weak. Sparks flew over head. A fire erupted somewhere nearby. As the faint smells of ozone and smoke filled her Ayra was taken back to a time she had forgot.

I am back in the car. I am calling for help. I am trapped. I can't move. Eyes stare up at me but they hold no life anymore. Somewhere out there I can hear a Squall crying out in pain. I want to be let out. I want to be free. But all I can do is cry out for them. Nobody is coming. I am alone. I am going to be like this foreve- That isn't where I am. I am in the Black Pyramid. I can smell the moss on the walls. My mouth is parched. Lips are cracked. Eyes are heavy. Back torn to a thousand pieces by the lash. Laughter. Maniacal laughter. I want to be fre-

Shouting.

Face wet with tears Darth Ayra wasn't trapped anymore. The tides of battle brought her back to the present. Eyes widened in fear narrowed in rage as her body slowly turned around to face the survivors as they took positions around her. All of them were shouting. Barking. Warped by the insanity of what they saw, and their desire to win for victory was their only way to salvation. But the cusp of the victors would be snatched away from them by the power of the dark side.

As the S.I.A operatives, guards and Alliance troopers opened fire Darth Ayra was merciless. Propelled by rage she moved between them like a spectre performing acrobatics and manoeuvres that would make even the best Ataru duellist proud. By the time Ayra had finished carving through them the cacophony of noise from the sudden appearance of the Star Destroyer elevated to leave only the sounds of ruptured powerlines and the fire that was set to engulf the corridor which led to Junction E-F-41.

Deactivating her Lightsaber blade Ayra lowered her tired arms and climbed over the bodies that now littered the hallway towards her goal. The destruction wrought by the designs of the Sith'ari had torn down the defences of his enemies. Now the doorway leading into their most guarded of secrets laid bare to one who was enraptured by his zealotry... or so he had been led to believe. As Darth Ayra climbed over the adjacent terminal door she discovered a man frantically working on the other side.

Extending her right palm forward Ayra Force Pushed Ronval Rubat Ronval Rubat away from the terminal and approached the screen to see what he had been doing. As if by some miracle the worse thing Ayra could ever have hoped to see flashed before her:

ENCRYPTION COMPLETE.

A blood curdling scream came from the very depths of Darth Ayra's soul and expelled loudly into the open air as her rage manifested itself.

Good old Rusty had done his job.

9YcHcUF.png

Tags: Aiden Porte Aiden Porte | Kahne Porte Kahne Porte
Objective 3: Total War

LQPE7W5.png

"The pleasure is mine, Master Porte," Jun said, bowing naturally as if he were an Atrisian noble. It might have seemed a bit odd to Kahne Porte Kahne Porte but Aiden Porte Aiden Porte would surely recognize it as a customary greeting for her people. Perhaps it was even odder considering the circumstances. Her reconnection with Aiden was followed by the sudden onslaught of war, then topped off with meeting his father for the first time - an event that was, for an Atrisian heiress, usually followed by arranged marriage.

She gave Aiden a solemn nod when he was ready. "How many are waiting for the transport?" she asked. Jun was a pragmatist by nature, but today she found herself throwing out all her hard-fixed predispositions in favor of a feeling that often seemed unreasonable to her: hope.

coruscantaltobj3-1-1.png

Allies: Galactic Alliance | Jaidan Shatani Jaidan Shatani
Enemies: Dark Empire | Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin

There wasn't enough time for a full evaluation of who remained, their statuses. The best Ayhan could manage to organize under the circumstances was a headcount and cursory examination that no one was seriously injured. At least, as far as any of the troops were willing to admit.

Before Ayhan could give the order to begin moving out though, something made the Firronthix pause. He'd never been particularly adept at using the Force, feeling its ebb and flow and manipulating it like other Jedi, or even Mahsa Mahsa , but this...this even he could sense. "Eyes up," Ayhan ordered as his eyes began to scan around the area, searching for that tell-tale red blade of light as his saber ignited, washing him in a golden glow. The whine of blasters readying themselves as the troops lifted them into position echoed in the suddenly eerie quiet.

The smoke from the downed ships billowed, a strong wind gusting it over the troops instead of into the sky, obscuring the Alliance force's ability to see. The murmurs of the soldiers reached Ayhan's ears.

"See anything?"
"No, you?"
"No...wait, hear that?"
"I don't like this..."

A hum echoed from all around them. A voice, lilting in some haunting melody, sung by an unearthly being. The soldiers instinctively moved closer to each other, the nervous chatter growing louder with the foreboding song.

Something clattered down an alleyway, and a finger slipped, firing a blaster bolt down the empty corridor. On instinct, the other troops turned and began to unleash their own volley of plasma down the alley, a cacophonous chorus to accompany the ceaseless humming song.

Then white-hot pain began to lance through their minds. Sharp cries of pain had some on their nears, while others staggered, or dropped their weapons, the blaster-fire coming to a sudden halt. A precious few remained entirely unaffected. Even Ayhan was forced to a knee, as he clutched the side of his head with his free hand. A Sith no doubt, the thought somehow bubbling to the surface through the pain. Where though? Ayhan could not see her.

"Enough!"

Ayhan could feel the calming touch of a Jedi's presence press against the walls of his mind, but could not hear anymore. Could not hear what it was that was said to the soldiers, many of whom visibly relaxed.

"Master, I need a location," Ayhan radioed through grit teeth, still reeling from the mental onslaught which rended through him like nothing he'd experienced. If Master Shatani could speak into their minds, he might prod the Sith's too.

Epicanthix blood imparts a natural resistance to mind-based Force techniques, affecting both Quinn's mind shard, and Jaidan's attempts to communicate.

Last edited:

coruscantaltobj3.png

STORM ACTUAL
EASTERN SENATE DISTRICT | CORUSCANT
ALLIES: Pious Tapp Pious Tapp | Thomas Barran Thomas Barran | Kuff Tolt Kuff Tolt | Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr | Reiner Ghadi Reiner Ghadi | Scylla AI Scylla AI | I'm not tagging everyone | DE
ENEMIES: GA (I'll tag you if it's important)
ENGAGING: It's Warposting - you'll get tagged if it's important.
Stormtrooper Corps
2nd Division
1st Regiment
First Company
First Platoon
2nd Squad - Boomers
boomerlogo.png
imperialsilver.png

banner25.png

ZEIT

There was no glory in war.

There was no beauty in it. No heroes or villians, good or bad. It was just horrific no matter on which side you stood. Death had no sides. It came for all and it did it in the worst way possible.

Pious Tapp Pious Tapp had granted her request and the Boomers had moved out to get to an area from where they could launch the mortars. It was all easy on paper. The reality of it was wholly different and would leave its scars on land and minds for a long time to come.

Roxy felt sick to her stomach as the squad moved through an area that had already been blown up by Alliance defensive artillery. The smell of smoke, dust, blood and entrails was strong enough to break through her helmet. Among the rubble, pieces of no-longer white armour could be seen. The ground squelched beneath their boots, all manner of fluids turning the layer of dust into mud.

Upon a closer look, it became clear that it wasn't just Stormtroopers buried beneath the rubble as a few colours of cloth or an unarmoured hand could be seen peeking out from under some of the duracrete blocks.

There was no art in war.

It was a lie.

They were all silent as they moved through the area, not wanting to disturb the dead, regardless of their allegiance. It weighed heavy on all of them - that you could no longer tell the difference between friend and foe.

While they moved, Linus was still cycling through comms.
"Fuck. Sarge, sounds like we're in for some shit. Enemies moving on our position from various directions." he said, breaking the long silence.
Roxy sighed. "We'll make the most of it. We aren't the Boomers just for kicks. Tolt, you have a full magazine on that baby of yours? We're going to need her firepower if we're to survive this." she said, looking back at the big guy. He'd made quick work of the opposition earlier.

They soldiered on, the cacophony of war getting louder once more. Rifles were held more ready once more, the shock of war's carnage taking a backseat as their own survival became more important.
<"Renegade Gold to Storm Sixer - avoid any windows or open entrances around your current positions! Artillery barrage inbound, I repeat - artillery barrage inbound! ">
"Aaaah, you got to be kidding me." Linus grumbled. <Storm Sixer to Renegade Gold, clear copy. Send in the package.> he replied. Then, without ceremony, he barked at the squad. "Take cover! Just stay away from shit that can shatter!"
"Move!" They all dove toward various covers, not wanting to end up like some of their comrades.

Sure enough, a few minutes the area around them lit up like a Remembrance Day parade.
"That sure as shit has to do the trick and make our lives a little easier!" Corina grumbled loudly of the immense noise of Khanate artillery hitting their marks.
"They're crazy SOBs, but they're effective, that's for sure!" Roxy hollered next to her.
"So like us then?" They both snickered.
"Must be the thrill of a big boom!"

It was bittersweet, watching the devastation, knowing their own jobs had just been made easier and their chances of survival had increased, but knowing what horror had just been unleashed on people. On soldiers like them.

When it finally died down, the squad got to their feet.
"Seems that punched a hole for us. Let's move." said Bax as he also cycled through the comms.
"Aye, let's lift our heels, ladies." Roxy ordered.
They had just started moving out once more, moving toward better vantage points in the North-east, when all hell broke loose.

The ground beneath their feet began to shake dangerously and the buildings started swaying ominously.
"The fuck?!" Corina cried as they all struggled to keep their balance.
"Run!"

But it was too late.

From beneath them, a monster of a ship rose, throwing them all off their feet and into the levels below along with a large amount of debris. The devastation was immense, sparing no one. Roxy only had one last thought before hitting a floor on some level and everything went dark...

Nothing was fair in war.

TAG: Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr

The Mandalorian entered in as was their Way, with the swagger and bombastic behavior that was common among those in Beskar. Renard was rather perturbed when he dug his blade into the fine table, he went to draw his knife and Vaudmir raised his hand, his fingers with claw like nails to gesture to stand down. Elise almost hissed, she looked at the Warrior with disdain, however The Host had quite the opposite reaction.

Welcome Mandalorian to the Semsu, I am Ijaat (honored) to have you as a guest. It has long since I dined with a Mando, the last was.. Mandalore The Ultimate.”

To the fifteen seconds he replied,
Since time is of the essence, I shall not try to convince you of nay such thing. We shall tilt, for that is the true toast of your people no? A test of strength over fine wines and roasts.”

He drank the blood wine, and said,
I appreciate you leaving the mark on table, I can then tell future guests the stamp sacred steel has left its imprint.”

Renard was steaming, that his Lord was so resigned and even complimenting The Guest was troubling. What was he playing at? Or was it genuine esteem? His Master had live a long time and met many, could he possibly find anything praise worthy in this brut.. Elsie interjected,
“Well I think you are an unrefined brute.. clearly these Mandolins know nothing of high society..”

Vaudimir extended his index, middle, and thumb fingers which made her throat tickle, and she coughed from the caress of her windpipe:

Apologize to our guest Elise..”

She turned with her blood eyes when he released her and said,
“Forgive me.. I think it is best if I retire.”
She took a napkin and dabbed her lips before standing and adjourning to a private room.

Vaudimir turned to the Warrior,
You must forgive her, she is young and impulsive. Now.. shall we share a drink or get to the festivities?”

He rose from his chair, his curved hilt lightsaber dangling from his fine belt as he took a glass in his right hand and waited for hus answer.

Last edited:
6th Post
APPROACHING EAST TOWER ON RIEMAR BOULEVARD,
SLUM ZONE 4, CORUSCANT (901 ABY)

TLDR
-Mercy receives Tommy's message
-Sends droid to assist Tommy's westward sprint

-Tommy finds himself holed up in a broken down, abandoned gang hideout
-Pursuers eventually track Tommy down to the exact compound
-Tommy sneaks around and plays for time in the shadows

-Mercy's droid finds Tommy
-Tommy records a message for the Aspirants he has been trying to reach
-Tommy orders the droid to take the message to OP Rhigar

-Mercy patches through to Tommy, states the name of the Clones' general
-The Name Syd Celsius alone could have been enough to aggravate another migraine
-But the inclusion of old affiliations to Laertia Io and the Amaglam assure it
-Tommy is momentarily incapacitated
-A silent, possibly-mute Clone finds him but assumes Tommy on death's door at the time

-Tommy prepares an attack as the Clone lowers his barrel
-The sudden flash-formation of an orblike barrier protects the Clone from attack
-Tommy kicks the orb, with the Clone inside it, through the crumbling walls behind him
-Tommy taunts and marks the next phase of the Hunter/Hunted pursuit

<"Tommy, this is Mercy, I send the droid immediately, as soon as I have information, I will let you know, over.">

Shouldn't take long, what-with the Matriarch's tech-connections.
Just keep running, ya rabid auld dog!

West, west, WEST, damnit!

The second, most-difficult segment of the grand chase was over, dragging to a halt in the midst of a cat-and-mouse chase through a former gang-hideout, and with the masses choosing the first on the scene for the task of rooting out the hooded Mawite within, the Bloodhound could hear everything within the walls of the small, cheap-built compound around them. From the hushed whisperings between squadmates, to the tinny comm-chatter resonating within the shells of their helmets, Thomas was gifted much in the way of insight as to who these warriors were - even managing to confirm outright that these were, in fact, Clone soldiers attached to a much larger batch of their sort.

'BEHAVING YOURSELVES NOW, ARE YE NOT?!?! GOOD LUCK FILING YER NEXT REPORTS, YA FETHING CLOWNS!!!!'

Every single time he spoke up, the reaction would always be fiery and trigger-happy, but this would always play well into the hands of a man who had escaped incarceration on the same planet, and Barran was more than content to sneak around in the dark for a while. But like with all Barrans before him, Thomas would tire of the fun and games eventually, more than contented with the short reprieve offered in the maze, so the only logical course of action by then was to leave the impression he still remained when he escaped. The sizeable Aspirant contingent he was seeking, distant though it seemed before, was finally drawing closer in the pursuit, making the last, uncontested stretch all the more sensible to endeavour without the risks involved. However, circumstances always changed, and with that. were always subject to change for as long as others played the game alongside him.

Against all expectations of punctuality, and against all of the sort on droids' capabilities under short-notice conditions, the very same assistance-droid the Matriarch had sent was already at it's destination; floating in through the broken window behind the Khan, quietly and slowly moving to Barran's left side, moving to fulfil it's purpose as if none had seen it's approach. Though in all likelihood, in a compound of the ilk, the droid was probably more capable of slipping by unnoticed than the Khan was, and with no footprints to follow either. Perfect for continuation of the original plan, and with lessened risks to the Aspirants at the other side of his chase, the game of Hunter/Hunted would soon meet with a fittingly-treacherous closing segment.

[Your Orders?]
'First order - record!'
[Click - Click - Beeep]
'Aspirants, ready your souls for violence! You've got a gathering contingent chasing westward. Arm the heaviest weapons within reach. I'll be with you shortly.... Glory awaits.'
[Recording complete.]
Infinitely more likely to succeed with the drop established on the pursuing mob, the Aspirants' chances of surviving the encounter consequently increased, and to easy-predicted extremes. Yet there were always more of the unseen, countering factors lying in wait, such that none could truly predict in the heat of battle on Coruscant that day, though contingency-plans always aided the Bloodhound's efforts to that effect, but for as long as the Great Khan continued to persist in stern, one-track-minded bluster, such contingency plans would remain firmly out of reach. A double-edged sword of which Barran was willing to wield every time, fully-comprehending the sheer magnitude of brazen gambles required to outsmart the Khanate's enemies, and despite the life/death differences that held true to each and every chance taken, the one-eyed Woad never felt more alive than he did in the moments he made the wildest, life-changing decisions.
'Second order - take the recording to OP Rhigar!'
[Initiating Protocol. Good luck, Great Khan.]
'Hurry up! Time's a-wastin' out here. Go!'
With the droid's silent departure came a new objective, presenting the Bloodhound with the task of buying precious time for the (as yet, still-clueless) Aspirant outpost, holding off the gathering hunters for as long as it would take to assure success in, at least, one element of his on-the-spot plan. Sound in reasoning thusfar, and with the unnoticed movements of Mercy's droid considered, perhaps doubly so, yet the matter of countering factors would finally rear it's ugly head once more. Providing much-needed answers in one hand, but in the other - also presenting Thomas with the truth of the difficulties that were surely to follow.

<"Tommy, this is Mercy, I just got the answer. Their general's name is Syd Celsius. I don't have much info on her, she's supposed to be a Jedi, leads a fairly large clone army now, and there's more... She was once affiliated to Laertia Io and the Amalgam. Let me know if you need help, I can go there and intervene, over.">
'Heh! What were the chances o' th-'

She was once affiliated to Laertia Io and the Amalgam.
Laertia Io and the Amalgam.
The Amalgam.

A m a l g a m.
In his first life, living as Lord Thomas I of Clan Barran, Syd's collective had crossed swords multiple times in the months leading up to the fated Second Battle of Ziost, and though it would become a rivalry for the ages, the good luck of Thomas,"The Brave", would run before he could see what that rivalry would intensify to become. Yet the morsel the Khan was able to experience, short-lived though it was, was still enough to wreak havoc on the mind of the wraith who returned from the Nether, rendering the one-eyed Woad a catatonic statue for as long as his recall persisted, painfully compelling memory-alignment in a soul that constantly tried to reject it.

<"Its alright, Mercy.... This one is aaaaall miiiiine! Bloodhound - going dark for now.">

Once again, the golden mask would be removed, letting the blood cover the Khan's boots for the second time, and just like he had before, Thomas would find his legs giving out beneath him - like clockwork.

Making matters worse, however, was the fact that there was something about his momentary delirium that the Khan seemed to find funny, and at the worst possible moment. As just when he was required most to be silent, unmoving and like the shadows around him, Barran would be found wheezing to himself on the dusty floor by the time the nearest Clone had rounded the nearest corner, mercifully lowering his barrel in the assumption his quarry was dying already. An easy mistake for an otherwise-uninformed soldier to make, especially with the swaggering comfort of having MBTs surrounding the entire compound for reinforcement, and in the moment he saw the eyepatch-wearing Marauder, covered in his own blood at the time, it would have appeared as if the hunt was complete with lasting finality.

'Whenever history rhymes like this - it leaves it's mark, as you can see.'

Yet despite stepping beyond the threshold of his own decision, the Clone himself was fully aware something was off about the seemingly-incapacitated danger he was approaching at the time, almost as if the bleak, bloodied image of his foe was drawing Clone's mind into the room. A magic of it's own, and perhaps the only way to explain the sudden lapse in judgement, small though the precipice was between the hallway and the dusty lounge beyond, just a doorway's difference between the realms of life and death. On the brink right there with the Bloodhound himself, dancing the existential precipice with his barrel only just starting to rise towards the hooded Marauder's face, it was only then that the Clone recognised the face of Thomas Barran, one of the Galaxy's most-wanted fugitives.

'But that doesn't mean this moment bodes well for you, Clone.... Not by any means-'
Locked in to each other's movements, the deadly dance would have began if it had no have been for a sudden flash resonating around Barran's nearest pursuer, the quick-draw reflex to finish the game of Hunter/Hunted was nullified by the protection-magic of the general to whom he answered. Almost enforcing obedience, like a passive need for adherence to the conformities of their peers, those of a noticably-lesser cutthroat nature, as there was always hope for the weaker links in the armies of the Galaxy's more-civilised corners.

'Disgraceful, allowing civilisation to defang ye like that.... ITS PATHETIC!!!!'

Sending a vicious front-kick teep to the barrier's center-mass point, throwing everything into the leaning impact, Thomas sent his attacker crashing through multiple crumbling walls behind him, though the barrier likely shielded the Clone-trooper from the brunt of these collision's pressure on the armour and all the bones beneath it. Yet the silent Hunter still had nothing to say to the Hunted, nothing but the actions his body dictated in the heat of battle, and for what it was worth, Barran found the silence admirable in contrast to the loudmouth Clone majority giving chase thusfar, but just like the others - the mute would also need to die in the end.

'For that caper - you deserve what you got comin' t'ye, Clone.... THE HUNT CONTINUES!!!!'

BESJZu2.png

BESJZu2.png

A NEW CENTURY, A NEW TERROR VI: WHERE CHAINS ONCE BOUND US - PART 11
coruscantaltobj3-1-1.png
EAST TOWER ON RIEMAR BOULEVARD,
SLUM ZONE 4, CORUSCANT (901 ABY)

order-of-the-blood-sunrise.png

DREAMER DARKHAN - 2

TLDR

-Despite the breakdown in the Grunt's command structure, Dreamer takes notice of his caution
-Dreamer Witnesses the Grunt, but withholds the action's consequent act of Recognition
-The chance to prove himself is there for the Grunt, but Dreamer wants to let the man cook

-Dreamer reminds the Scav Kings that those who perished to foolhardiness were still brethren
-Every part as brave as those who would remain beholden to the patience of waiting to fight
-The order to advance is given to the Thunder as a collective, thus the Grunt's unit advances

-Dreamer orders the heavy-arms contingents at the flanks to hold their fire
-Reminding the flanks to hold off until the Grunt's men were clear of danger
-Taking out enemy stragglers was made a permissable exception
-The Scav Kings are finally ordered to advance
-Providing their own, second-line shock from infantry perspectives

-The ground rumbles beneath the boots of the advancing Mawsworn
-Dreamer believes he is being sacrificed until all the doom moves his eyes northwestward
-A grand, imperial fleeting vessel rises out from beneath Coruscant's senate building
-Destroying the domed wonder from within and levitating into the air and skies above it

-Dreamer sees this for the opportunity it presents the Khanate contingents
-the morale-shifting opportunity, and it's implications are fare from lost on Dreamer
-Dreamer orders the Grunt to commit full-tilt to the breakthrough-attempt
-Dreamer acts on his gut and advances full-tilt for the last obstacle to the North

I like this one.... In fact-
I know this one, and so does the Khan.

And I know for a fact the Mongrel did too.

<"Dreamer to Thunder Vanguard! I will support your breach action, your second line of assault - so stay mobile! You are witnessed, and make no mistake of this truth, but recognition comes only when the smoke clears this time.... Lead the way, my young friend. Dreamer - out!">

Vainglorious subordinates were meant to be weeded out, and though the going assumption was that such things were best done in wartime, it was unfortunate that it had to be suffered in the midst of the fight for Coruscant, this the Darkhan could feel in sympathetic pangs of hope for one who would answer to,"The Grunt". One of whom Dreamer and Bloodhound alike remembered well, one who was there for the Mongrel's stellar reign as Lord of all Marauders, and in looking back through the decades, perhaps one who may have known his Warlord as one would a general.

'SCAAAAV KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGS!!!! WE WILL NOT LEAVE THE BRAVE TO PERISH, THOSE ARE OUR BRETHREN OUT THERE, OUR BRAVES!!!!'

Silenced from the previous groans and outcries of disapproval that followed the closest of danger-close barrages of the battle by then, the vanguard Marauders of the Scav Kings tribe would heed the words of their long-revered Dreamer, bowing heads with hand-over-heart respect for the fallen. This the remaining Thunder gang's riders would see as their engines coughed and roared into life nearby, and with respects thrown back in similar fashion, it wouldn't be long before the Scav Kings were met with the results from this act of galvanisation between tribal contingents. Nuances within the Khanate of which many an enemy faction were still yet to grasp at the time, of which none beyond the hordes had ever banked on seeing, knowing the costs of the Maw's previous disregards for life in the ranks of it's fighting forces.

'FORGET THIS NOT; MARAUDERS ALWAYS COUNT THE GLORIOUS DEAD, MARAUDERS ALWAYS BURY THE GLORIOUS DEAD!!!!'

With enough death in the ranks, and with enough of the sort accumulated across the collective over time - such things would always eat away at the hearts of those who remained.

Such was life for Marauders in the shadow of the Golden Skull, bearing that slow-burning sting of learning how to live after surviving all the worst the Galaxy had to throw their way, and not only that, but living with the unbearable weight of learning to do it all over again. A cycle of it's own, and in itself, a reason to believe in the power of the Avatars; and none more than Mother Rebirth, the one, shining chance to wipe the slate clean, to make something better of the lives they lived. Regardless of whether-or-not it meant a complete distruction of civilisation across the Galaxy they knew, and caring even less for the sentient lives they expected to annihilate along the way, change was needed as much as it was expected, and some were already adapting more quickly than their contemporaries.

But learn they would, and learn they did, even bearing stern adherence to their own evolution on the verge of their greatest endeavours yet, this the old Chiss could see - as if by crystal clarity through the smoky, dusty haze.

'SO YOU WILL HONOUR THOSE BRAVES OVER YONDER, WITH ALL YOUR WRATH - AND WITH ALL YOUR WILDEST ABANDON!!!!'
By then, all the Grunt's motorized vanguard had pushed off in a general northward advance, picking up speed with remarkable efficiency when Dreamer finally turned to the task ahead. Simple though the task of second-line attack would be, the Darkhan would be sure to play his hand properly, especially if the envisioned sequence was to have it's desired effect, as successes would always equate to lives saved for the sake of the hordes. Forging ties where rivalries still existed, breaking down the barriers between hatred and the boon of increased cohesion, one fence at a time, this was the ideological ground where the foundations of Mawsworn military-doctrine could reform.

<"Rotaries, Anti-Material Rifles - hold your fire until the Thunder rolls clear. Allowances permitted for curious stragglers.... Stand by for further orders.">
<"Copy that, Dreamer. Gouger out!">

After all, the survivors of yesteryear's human-wave tactics were always something of an infamy for the Maw's leadership, especially in the earlier years of it's transition to modern warfare, though the power of charismatic radicalisation certainly took a hammer to the darkest of the Khanate's ethical concerns before long. Not that such things would ever matter to the hordes of the Hidden Maw, but in relation to the methods of preparation for secondary contingents, the farther it was kept away from the tribes, the more likely they would be to take their leaders seriously. Thus in the turning of the centuries, tortures (as opinions would evolve on that matter too-) were collectively considered as,"Best kept for those we despise.", thus making such torments easier to cold-shoulder when it mattered.

Marauders would always fight better with the lion's share of their wit and discerning faculties remaining, as warriors of this new sort would always know the true cost of their actions - Mawsworn to the bone.

'SCAV KIIIIINGS - ADVAAAAAAAAAAAANCE!!!!'

Mother Rebirth.... Is this your assurance?
Your sign, to take this leap of faith?

Or is this something else entirely?
At first it was felt rumbling beneath the soles of their power-armour's boots, vibrating every layer, every last fiber of metallic and thread-borne protection, then the very air around them began to change, unseating what seemed to be the last of the dust from the broken duracrete surface. A growl from the depths of the city's lowest sub-levels, and for a moment, even the Darkhan believed this to be a sacrifice of Solipsid design, unknowingly fated to become offerings to powers that differed greatly to the Avatars he still revered. It was only when the rumbling lessened that Dreamer allowed his soul to relax a little, understanding it's origin-point to be much farther away than previously assumed by then, thus given reason to unclench his jaw in relief as the plan drew back into the Tri-Lunar's fighting focus.
'Ulusar, eyes northwest - adjust.... You see it?'

It was like nothing else the Chiss-born Marauder had ever seen before, and in all the wildest, bloodiest, most-destructive battles of Dreamer's long-and-storied tenure as a Mawsworn warrior, there likely would have been no room for something quite so audacious at the eleventh hour. Bringing about the widest of grins in response, the Darkhan excitedly replied,'Indeed.... And I want to exploit the moment!', running forth with his shotgun held high for all the Scav Kings to see. The rising destroyer (as much as it would negatively impact the morale of Coruscant's defenders) would be used to bolster and intensify the morale of the Darkhan's subordinates, capitalising on the moment while the sudden change was still there to utilise.

'Lets go!'
Luck.

Preparation-meets....

Opportunity!

<"Thunder Vanguard - commit! I repeat - commit! The tide is finally turning in our favour!">
Even with the debris landing in districts a little too close for Dreamer's liking, even with the chances that soldiers on both sides of the struggle had perished in the destruction of the senate building, there was nothing in this moment that suggested the Darkhan was reading the battle incorrectly at the time; and in the sprint northward, every single pace made towards the next engagement felt like a sprinting stride towards glory, almost pushing the Khanate to glory on the Imperial right flank. Instinct itself was on the Chiss-born renegade's side, and by then it was near-impossible to deny, though fortunately for the Scav Kings and the Thunder gang, this gut-sensation was nothing new to the Dreamer's deepest recall.

'WAR, DEATH, REBIRTH!!!!'

The first committed clash of lines soon followed, and though the mist around them obscured vision behind visors, there was enough distance covered to see that the Grunt's Thunder had rolled with intent, and enough to hear that the speeders on the flanks were revving hard to turn and disengage for the sake of the advancing Scav Kings. The armoured shock-troops had not even made it halfway across the grand courtyard yet, not even midway between their positions and those of their last-remaining obstacles to the north, and it was clear to all the attending Scav Kings that the Thunder gang was quickly working to roll clear of the heavy-arms coverage on the far-flanks, marking a turn for the worst among those holding the line against (what was perceived at the time to be-) the Grunt's vanguard breakthrough.

'BLESS THE THUNDER!!!! BLESS THE BRAAAAAAAAVES!!!!'

BESJZu2.png

cz9kj8m.png

Halsia, without thinking too much about it, snapped a picture of Sol.

"Yeah, let's go," she said. And they went to the end of the alley. Like any responsible pedestrian, she looked both ways before stepping out onto the street -- not before another picture. Then she was running, along the route Sol had pointed out, keeping her head down, which wasn't so hard given she was almost a head shorter than the Jedi.

But she moved, and moved, and moved. Stray blaster bolts flew nearby every once in a while. The explosions were constant enough that it was hard to tell whether they were near or far. Always, there was the screeching of the TIEs above, met with laser blasts from Alliance X-wings. And she moved, and didn't look back.

coruscantaltobj3-1-1.png

AURORA, PARABELLUM
Special Agent ██████ - 'R U S T Y'
Strategic Intelligence Agency

Objective: Stop Intruders
Equipment: Operative Suit, SPS-25 Sidearm, AT-SI27 Stun Blaster, C-11 "Nastirci" Combat Knife
3pJAnGi.png
Tags: Alicia Drey Alicia Drey

MJc6ZOy.png

Ronval checked the secondary terminals along the wall- making sure all secondary routers down to the servers were cut while the encryption completed- only a scant few more seconds. Good old SIA-grade codes: encryption always was faster than decryption, but the SIA infocytes were on another order of magnitude.

Ronval was down to checking the second-last when silence fell over the place. The last of the Agents had been neutralised. Worse still, this access point was manually switched on. He had to cut it manually. Soft steps clambered over the ruined wall, and Ronval drew his gun.

Too fast- his blaster was barely out of its holster when Alicia Drey Alicia Drey 's Force Push slammed into him- throwing him to the far side of the room. The impact of the wall against his back knocked the wind out of him, and he slumped in dulled pain. Through the haze of hurt, Ronval was able to gather enough of his mind to be thankful for the cryo-induced numbness that shielded him from some of the pain.

A single, high-pitched tone rang from the terminal. Eyes half-closed, Ronval could nonetheless see the screen on the terminal flash a bright, pleasing green.

ENCRYPTION COMPLETE.

The intruder roared with rage and frustration- and Ronval laughed. He did it. This fool was too late. The others hadn't died for nothing. Even now he could hear his comm bead buzzing, trying to contact him- reinforcements, probably, though they would take too long to get here before the Sith inevitably drove her saber into his heart.

Even bloodied and dazed, Rusty knew a moment for a one-liner when he saw one. He looked up groggily, defiance and humour in his eyes, and spat blood out of his mouth.

"Access denied."

Last edited:

Nyles Kote

Strill Securities Me'sene Tra'alor'an

Strill-Post-Banner.png

Friendly Units:
Subvessels

Subvessels

Subvessels

Subvessels

Subvessels

Units in Reserve: The entire might of Strill Securities' naval assets. All too far to respond.
Ally Tag(s): Drego Ruus Drego Ruus | Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad | Zandra Ruus Zandra Ruus | Syd Celsius Syd Celsius | Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn |Galactic Alliance, Mandalorian Protectors and Allies
Enemy Tag(s): Scylla AI Scylla AI | Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr | Thomas Barran Thomas Barran | Arminius Kroeger Arminius Kroeger | DARKCOM DARKCOM | Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen | Dark Empire and Allies

Equipment

coruscantaltobj3-1-1.png

eve-online-space-spaceship-minmatar-wallpaper-preview.jpg

"Copy Sir! This is Cerberus Command Bravo, hailing Nyles Kote Nyles Kote Nyles Kote Nyles Kote of the Eternal Haven. We've got data packets incoming for you, be advised. Raven data incoming."

"Sensor data incoming," called Gett. "IFF confirms, it's the Alliance armor." The main tactical display updated with the fresh data, without ground troops of their own on the ground, their sensor picture of ground side happenings was not as detailed as it could have been. This changed that. Nyles had to blink a few times to refocus his attention on the contacts that were their immediate concern.

"Pass on my thanks, Gett. Gorse, task what batteries we can spare for additional fire support. Make sure friendlies are clear. No one wants another Rodia. Something tells me the Alliance will be less forgiving," he said snapping off orders. He glanced at the slowly, but surely depleting ammunition stores. It was a target rich environment, that was for sure, but he was starting to wonder if most of them were even worth the cost of the ammunition being used to swat them out of existence.

He had learned over the course of a not so insignificant career however, that most of the time it was best to take a win when you could. You never knew when the galaxy might decide to throw at you next. Watching the ship's ventral quad HAC-03H Heavy Accelerator Cannon turrets and HCDC-02S Heavy Class-D Disruptor Cannon turrets occasionally send fire down at the seemingly endless hordes of hostile infantry below on the main tactical display helped convince him that this remained to be the case here.

"Incoming comms for you, alor," called Gett from the comms station. "Patching it through." Nyles glanced up at the icon in his HUD. He raised his eyebrows reflexively in question on seeing it was Drego. The fact that it was for him either meant that it was was something other than a fire support request or that it was a very special fire support request. The kind a warrior asked another warrior to do for him as a favor, to let his final act be one that the enemy would never forget.

"Drego to Nyles, I got a foundling heading your way. Give the kid a warm welcome."

On letting it play, he was relieved to hear that this wasn't the case. A half smile creaked across his face. Drego Ruus had a foundling? Now this was going to be interesting. "Elek, vod. We'll get them safely on board." A momentary glance at the tactical display and he found the airspeeder with the Mandalorian Protectors IFF on a direct vector to the Morut. He turned to Emri, "Divert a Gar Oya'karur squadron, clear a corridor. You mind if I ask your riduur to meet them in hangar?"

Emri snorted in amusement, "With us doing such a fantastic job, it's not like he's got anything else to do." She then returned her attention to the main tactical display, presumably to direct fighters to escort the airspeeder in. Nyles caught some chatter between Abiika and what he presumed was the squadron currently peeling away from the other fighters the Morut had to deployed to escort the speeder carrying Drego's new foundling ( Zandra Ruus Zandra Ruus ) in.

Nyles then quickly raised Varan, "Varan, this is Nyles. There's an airspeeder coming in. It's got Drego Ruus Drego Ruus 's new foundling on board. Make sure they're accommodated."

"Shab, vod, you've got me playing nursemaid now?" asked Varan, half accusatorily. Something Nyles knew only by virtue of having known Varan as long as he did. Anyone else might rightly suspect that he was about to throw a punch or two in retaliation.

Nyles was about to respond when suddenly alerts began going off across the display. Radiation spike. Seismic activity spike. Energy spike. Movement spike. There was not a single sensor on the Morut that wasn't picking up something massive under the surface and it was only getting closer. The Alliance's linked sensor data was showing the same thing, with the only difference being it was coming from the groundside perspective.

"I'm going to have to get back to you, vod," he said quickly before terminating the connection as something on the tactical display caught his attention. Wanting a better look, he brought up the lower composite optical feed, and that was when he saw it.

In the heart of the Senate Building, where Senators had once debated and made decisions that shaped the galaxy, a fissure split the floor with a deafening crack. Dust and debris cascaded from the ceiling as the fissure widened, tearing through the duracrete and permaglass with unstoppable force. The tremors grew violent, and the very structure of the building groaned in protest. Suddenly, with a catastrophic roar, the ground erupted. A massive vessel burst through the Senate floor, a monstrous battlecruiser sized Star Destroyer rising from the depths of Coruscant. Steel and stone were ripped apart as the ship ascended, its dark, imposing hull forcing its way through the layers of the ancient building. Massive chunks of debris were hurled into the air, shattering into countless pieces as they collided with the ground below.

The devastation was incalculable. The incomplete prototype - the ECLIPSE III prototype tore through the Senate Building with the force of a tidal wave, sending shockwaves through the surrounding area. Permaglass windows shattered in a cascade of glimmering shards, walls crumbled into heaps of rubble, and support beams snapped like twigs under the immense pressure. The sound was deafening, a cacophony of destruction that echoed through the cityscape of Coruscant. As the battlecruiser continued its relentless ascent, the once-majestic Senate Building was reduced to a ruinous shell. Towers and spires that had stood for centuries toppled and fell, their collapse adding to the chaos. The building's ornate facade was obliterated, replaced by the dark, angular lines of the Imperial war machine.

The bridge crew of the Morut stood staring at the display for a solid minute before Emri broke the silence, "What in the name of the Manda is that?" No one had an answer for her, but they all likely came to the same conclusion as once it started clearing the surface, the enemy vessel was pretty clearly picked up and distinguished from the debris by the battlenet networked composite sensor suite that fed the main tactical display. "How in haran did they hide that thing under the senate building?"

"I don't shabla know," breathed Nyles, "and at this point I don't shabla care. New priority target, give me a firing solution for all of our guns on that thing.
Main battery, load APFSDS, set ion sheathe. All batteries, reorient and engage, mixed load, ion encumbrance and ion detonator, set ion sheathe. Switch ETLs to ion mode. Mixed missile launch, half Tra'ragir-I, half T'barsr-I." As fast as his hands could move, Nyles began issuing orders over the Manda for the Morut's escorts to lock and fire with the same missile spread.

"Incoming comms! General Visz of Alliance High Command," called Gett. Gett wasn't so much asking his permission to patch it through as he was warning him that he was going to patch it through to him. Nyles appreciated him taking the initiative to do so.

<This is General Visz calling Nyles Kote Nyles Kote Nyles Kote Nyles Kote aboard the Eternal Haven, do you read? I'm sure you can see the damned battlecruiser that came out of the senate. I need every gun you have to blow that thing out of the sky.>

"I had no intention of doing anything else, General. We'll blow it to haran and back, rest assured, just make sure your people aren't in the blast radius," he said before a small collection of Alliance IFFs on top of the vessel caught his attention.

"Alor, we're picking up Alliance IFFs on top of the enemy ship," informed Anni from the main operations station. The unsaid part of her statement, and what the rest of the crew likely wanted to know given this information was what in haran to do.

"Their long-range comms must be down, alor, I can't reach them," said Gett, looking up from his station to him, waiting for what he was going to say.

Nyles tensed. The Morut was in the best position to engage and destroy this thing. There was no guarantee that they could avoid hitting them, but if they didn't engage, there were going to be bigger problems. "Launch a 'Sur'ulur' Recon Probe, full stealth model, see if you can route comms through it. Let him know where we're going to fire. May the force or whatever the shab he believes in be with him now. [abbr="Fire at will]Tra'cyar mav[/abbr]."

None of them said anything more, instead acknowledgement signals flashed in his HUD as the bridge crew went to work.

Summary

• The Morut receives sensor data from Gress D'ran Gress D'ran 's recon drones and uses the data to direct fire at enemy troop concentrations.
  • Nyles has a fighter squadron diverted to escort the airspeeder ferrying Zandra Ruus Zandra Ruus to the Morut in.
  • All batteries with a line of sight to the Eclipse III (half the starboard and port, all the ventral and "wing" mounted batteries) open fire.
    • Heavy and Super-heavy accelerator cannons firing Ion encumbrance and ion detonator round with ion energy sheathe + heavy and super-heavy Class-D disruptors along with quad heavy energy torpedo launchers firing ion torpedoes are the weapon systems being used.
  • The ship tilts forward to engage with the main battery which is firing ion energy sheathed APFSDS rounds.
  • The Morut launches 288 assault-grade low visibility ion brilliant missiles with missile deactivation immunity and home on jam at the Eclipse III.
  • The Morut launches 288 assault-grade low visibility brilliant cluster missiles with missile deactivation immunity and home on jam at the Eclipse III. Each missile has 20 ion missile submunitions.
  • The Morut's eight escort corvettes launch 64 assault-grade low visibility ion brilliant missiles each with missile deactivation immunity and home on jam at the Eclipse III.
  • The Morut launches 64 assault-grade low visibility brilliant cluster missiles with missile deactivation immunity and home on jam at the Eclipse III. Each missile has 20 ion missile submunitions.
  • The Morut launched a stealth recon probe to try and establish comms with Gress D'ran Gress D'ran .

VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

Matriarch of the Scar Hounds Tribe
VVVDHjr.png
coruscantaltobj3-1-1.png
Information
Objective: Try to help Tommy
Equipment: FS-18-UP2 Assault Rifle | 2x Sunfury Pistol | Light Armour | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | 2x Vibrodagger | 2x Riftblades | Promise of Freedom | Ring of Wishes and Dreams || Cloaking Device | 5x ASBF Probe Droid || OPBC-01m
Tags: Thomas Barran Thomas Barran | Scylla AI Scylla AI | Pious Tapp Pious Tapp | Roxy Rizzan Roxy Rizzan | Kuff Tolt Kuff Tolt | Arminius Kroeger Arminius Kroeger | The Grunt The Grunt | Ashley Nevermore Ashley Nevermore | DARKCOM DARKCOM | Open
"Galactic Basic" | ~ Telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>
Keilara Kala'myr | Mercy | Ziare Dyarron | Freedom

JHAVMFq.png

Now I really didn't have to wait long for Tommy to reply. I was still watching the rising ship when I got the answer. I also got the information that my tiny droid had arrived. The answer I got as to who he was fighting made me smile involuntarily. I mean, I almost laughed; I knew his father had fought with Amalgam, I had that information. Just as I knew that it was their company on Jakku that had prevented my relationship with Asher from starting there. He couldn't get to me and save me because Laertia Io, or her people, prevented him from doing so.

<< Roger that. Take care of yourself, brother. Mercy out! >> I said the quick and concise answer.

After that, the communication channel went silent and I received no data from anywhere other than the droids and the local Coruscant satellites or transmissions. Most of it was, of course, about the attack, as well as the earthquake caused by the ship's lifting out of the Sanctuary building. For a few moments I toyed with the thought, if Asher had been leading the attack this time, would I have acted in the same way as the first time we were here? I was actually very curious about this. I might even call Asher and ask him, just for the game. But I didn't, not for myself, but I didn't want to hurt my husband by making him think about the past, about the war.

But the interesting thing for me was, would I have been able to take the entire 500 Republica under my control and capture everyone from there? Or have measures been taken because someone else once succeeded? I do not know whether it turned out at the time that I was the one who did it or not. Actually, I didn't care at the time, I only cared about satisfying the Warlord and gaining his trust. These were just some of my first missions and even he didn't know if I would be captured by him or not. As it turned out it was quite the opposite. But it was history and a very, very long painful and tragic story. Many might call it a fairy tale that there is no such thing, but it was real.

As there was an "idle" in communications, I had the chance to instruct MANIAC to collect data on how the fighting was going on in the rest of the planet and in space. I was curious to see how the war was going. Also, just to be on the safe side, I was monitoring the data of the droid near Tommy. And it occurred to me that the reason why these droids can't cover such a large area is because they were mainly designed for espionage and were therefore tiny. Another thought I had was to instruct MANIAC to send an order from me to the HPI and Nite that I would need droids that would allow me to monitor the battlefield more effectively. This will be useful in the future.

In the meantime, the other data I requested arrived, or started downloading. Let's see how the other battlegrounds and fleeting areas stand. Meanwhile, of course, I was waiting for the others to call me to see if they needed any more data.

OZWMF6V.png

Tag: Joseph Torson Joseph Torson

As the security fence was destroyed by the anti-vehicle weapon, the smoldering twisted metal flew bounced off the interior Deflector Shield of the campus while slower debris were able to penetrate. As the Imperial operatives moved through the front lawn of the mansion they would be met by a volley of blaster fire from the two teams GU-series Guardian police droids that had been deployed earlier in the confrontation "Law-breaker, surrender." they began to command and "Unauthorized entry detected." being repeated interchangeably. From the battlements of the mansion's rooftop a voice declared "For the Alliance! For Taszzn!" which was also accompanied by rapid blaster fire from the Constables who had taken up position there.

The Red Right Hand were being engaged from the front of the wide building, with little hard cover between them, both from above and ground-level "Contacts are engaged." reported one of the Constables from inside the security office "I count more than three dozen hostile gunmen." the numbers were certainly not in the favor the Abiding Precept Constabulary nor Sssar Taszzn, though what they lacked in training and firepower the defensive construction of the station was a great boon to them.

"Still no response from the GADF." another of the organization members murmured half-heartedly at another terminal within the office "We're on our own." this was something that none wanted to hear but all of them had already known "Sssteady. They've not yet breached the hallsss. Thisss fight isss long from over."

coruscantaltobj3-1-1.png

SEWER ESTUARY
Vortex Vortex

Nero could hear the Hellions still with him try to quiet their breathing. Each step through brackish waters created ripples that would cover up any possible sign of foreign disturbances. Few undercity dregs had made it out of dianoga infested tunnels once lost and the survivors' tales were enough to scare even the most hardened criminals.

Slowly the passage widened to accommodate a conflux of pipes all leading to more ancient industrial equipment. Coruscant's water treatment network was some of the oldest surviving tech on the planet. Everything else had been devastated by old conquests but even a Sith warlord's dark hordes required water and the cost to rebuild Coruscant's infrastructure from scratch would bankrupt even major intergalactic empires.

"Quiet!" Nero hissed even though they were all silent as the grave, "Think I see something."

Sounds of rushing water and clanking machinery drowned out almost everything else so the Hellions only noticed their prey close enough to glimpse blaster fire and feel the tremor of a small explosive. Nero used primitive undercity sign language, urging the others to spread out and take up ambush positions.

"Now it's our turn."

Heartbeats from shouting the order to fire, one of the Hellions screamed as they were pulled under by a mass of writhing tentacles. Closer to the estuary, the water was nearly hip high, and Nero glimpsed movement all around them. Stormtroopers forgotten, Hellions all around him blasted leaping predators. More went down splashing in a desperate panic.

"Dank far-"

Something wet and slimy wrapped itself around his throat then suddenly Nero was inhaling a mouthful of sewage water. He struggled against the vise as more tentacles sought to constrict his free limbs. He pulled the trigger on his bryar pistol, firing blindly until something knocked it out of his hands. One hand still tugging at the creature trying to strangle him, Nero's other searched desperately for the tehk'la blade on his belt while his vision started to go black.

Last edited:

coruscantaltobj3-1-1.png

ALLIES: Arminius Kroeger Arminius Kroeger | Defias Defias
ENEMIES: Galactic Alliance | Gress D'ran Gress D'ran | Sara Roche Sara Roche | Drego Ruus Drego Ruus

Mor'zhul's descent was a blur of agony and chaos. His body slammed against jagged edges, metal debris slicing through his flesh, sinew and bone Blood poured from countless wounds, painting a macabre canvas against the darkness. His right arm was shattered, bones protruding grotesquely, his left leg twisted at an unnatural angle. Each breath was a struggle, a rasping gurgle as his lungs fought to expand in his crushed chest.

When he finally crashed into the lower levels, the impact was cataclysmic. Mor'zhul's body crumpled upon the grimy durasteel floor, a torrent of blood and viscera marking his final resting place. His lightsaber laid extinguished a few feet away, its crimson blade now a relic of a failed cause.

Delirious conviction set in swiftly. Pain fused with the shards of his broken mind, twisting his reality into a nightmarish hallucination. His vision blurred, flickering between the devastated ruins around him and grandiose illusions of the Senate Rotunda. His eyes, wide and unseeing, stared at the sky as if he could still see the grandeur of his lost victory.

Barely sensing General Kroeger's approach from behind, he muttered: "We will… take the Rotunda…" his voice like a broken whisper, choking on his own blood. "Glory… glory awaits…"

Around him, the stormtroopers lay in twisted heaps, their white armor now stained with the grime of the underworld. Those who still clung to life did so in tortured silence, their breaths ragged and desperate, struggling to deny the inevitable death that awaited them.

The Iron Legion was decimated just the same as his once proud horde on Kalee; led to ruin and obliteration by Lord Mor'zhul.

The Sith Lord's mind spiraled further into madness in a desperate, but futile bid to summon the dark side of the Force. He imagined the Senate Rotunda, the symbol of his ultimate triumph, restored to its former glory. He saw himself standing victorious amidst the rubble, his name etched into the annals of history.

"Bring... bring me my... my lightsaber... Kroeger..." Mor'zhul rasped a pathetic command at the General.

If he was to die, then he would die with honor in battle.

coruscantaltobj3-1-1.png

D E M O N
DARK EMPIRE
IRON LEGION | THOSE ONCE LOYAL
TASK FORCE BRUTUS
1-66 AASLT REG 'APOCALYPSE' | 1-16 STRM REG 'IRON WILL' |1-8 ENG REG 'PAVEWAY'
DE | Defias Defias | Lord Mor'zhul Lord Mor'zhul
GA | Gress D'ran Gress D'ran
t9YWakj.png

MterGnA.png

k7JCKqX.png

THE MOMENT

He approached the Sith with a slow, laboured limp. His boots beating against the ruptured foundations of the lower levels beneath. Above and around them, the echoes of violent cracks of ordnance beating against the Eclipse's hull still layered the background with the crack of thunder. He approached the Kaleesh, peering over the Sith Lord, his expression undecipherable from beneath the commander's helmet he wore. He crouched down.

<"You can take ahold of it yourself, my Lord. You have the strength. Come on...we have a Senate to take."> He said, his tone low, seemingly calm as he reached down to help pull the man upright to his feet. He then, with an arm wrapped around his shoulder nodded in the direction of the ascending Dreadnought.

<"Look! They don't stand a chance, now..."> Arminius said, peering to the Kaleesh's face for his reaction and in that moment, drew his disruptor pistol, pressed the barrel to his abdomen and cored a hole through his stomach, the projectile distenegrating his internal organs within a moment in a gouging eternity of horrid pain, concluded in an instant, what was left of the man's marred corpse fumbling to the floor beside him. Arminius looked at him with stillness in his eyes before he holstered the weapon and slowly made his way to the saber.

He crouched down, taking it up into his hand before he inspected the ornate nature of it, the Sith runes and inscriptions etched into the metal. Though each saber was unique, he was well familiar with the makings of the dark side, the Sith. He'd inspected many similar such blades in the past. He flashed it on, dragging his eyes, one part organic one part cybernetic along the crimson length before he sheathed it with its signature, descending hiss.

He then turned to Ander, tossing the weapon to him.

<"You tell no one of this, understood?"> He made assurance with the man before he began his slow limp from their position, a pained groan leaving him. He couldn't stand to be here any longer.

<"We're leaving...I'm done with this...all of this."> He muttered through gritted teeth.

E N D

The Talons and their Mandalorian allies flew aboard the gunships toward their next position. The closer they came to the now destroyed senate the more clearly they were able to see the desolation. Clouds of smoke from dust kicked up by mountains of rubble and raging fire were scattered all around the zone. The senate building and its sector was unrecognizable.

Taking off the helmet and holding it to her left thigh Minerva glared out through the viewpoint. A titanic warship rose through the surface and did all this. For such a thing to occur meant either sheer incompetence or treason or a combination of both had made this utter travesty to happen. She closed her eyes briefly with a bowed head in respect to the Alliance troops and citizen victims now lost.

Once done Minerva blinked remembering something and turned to the Clan Ruus warriors amongst her commandos.

"It has been an honor to fight besides you all vode but now your warmaster needs you now. Betyera mhi urcir tug'yc."

She opened the bay door and the other Mandalorians gave nods of acknowledgement and respect as they went on their way, flying forth out of the transport. Their platoon's leader was the last to leave, saying.

"Temya'r dral vod. Cayatr cuyir su evaar'la."

She smiled in response before answering in Basic.

"Tell Drego I hope to see him again."

The veteran snorted amusedly before he ran and jumped out and flew forth to catch up with his bethern. They'll find Drego soon enough. Once that was all done Minerva checked in with her unit leaders via comms. Their company took losses but mostly still intact. They'll mourn their fallen later.

Once their collection of gunships were making the final approach Minerva called the marine commander she just learned about.

"Commander Roche this is Captain Fhirdiad of Strike Force Talon. We're on route to reinforce you and will be there shortly. Tell us how we can assist."

Last edited:
coruscantaltobj3.png

ALLIES: Pious Tapp Pious Tapp Thomas Barran Thomas Barran Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr Reiner Ghadi Reiner Ghadi Scylla AI Scylla AI and Others
ENEMIES: GA

Once the team had made far enough headway, Kuff re-positioned himself to take a new firing point to cover the new ground they travelled through. Though alert and watchful for the presence of any enemy, neither his eyes nor his hud picked up any in the immediate vincinity. He repeated the process of seeking a new firing poing behind cover again a couple more times, but it was clear there was a lack of immediate hostiles. Content that the threat wasn't immediately present, Kuff closed in with the group, reloading his gun and remaining in a position to the rear so that he could fire upon anything that managed to engage them from that direction.

With his attention directed rearwards, Kuff didn't even notice the dead stormtroopers until he had passed by the bodies. And there was an awful lot of dead, both of the stormtroopers and of the defence forces. Kuff turned around to look forwards, and the carnage of was a shock to see. They had bombed this place hard. Kuff had seen Corsucant when it was a pristine city, and here, it was anything but. What was before him was a scene formerly uimaginable to the Corsucanti.

For a moment, Kuff wondered if he knew any of them. The odds were low, but it was possible. If they were enemy, then they signed up for combat and knew what they were getting into. If they were civilian. Well, he was kind of sorry about that. It was an inevetable cost of doing what needed to be done.

His reaction to it all was to simply numb himself to it and press forward. They were here for a purpose, and seeing it through remained a high priority. Reflection on what he'd saw could wait. Kuff was here to fight. Philosophy and fret could wait until he was back at base, and not in the middle of a chaotic battle.

"We'll make the most of it. We aren't the Boomers just for kicks. Tolt, you have a full magazine on that baby of yours? We're going to need her firepower if we're to survive this."

"Rocking a fresh mag on her. I got us covered." Kuff replied, turning breifly to Roxy with a nod of assurance before his attention swiftly returned back to his self-selected firing arc.

"Take cover! Just stay away from shit that can shatter!"

The battle was about to get a lot more chaotic. Kuff didn't need orders, he had a healthy sense of self preservation. He bolted away from anything that could shatter or crush him, seeking shelter behind some blasted duracrete that was so unrecognizable Kuff couldn't tell what the thing had been before. But now, it would serve as good cover from any errant shells that fell their way.

Of which there was a lot.

Explosions blasted all around him, and for the next few minutes was spent in what might as well have been armageddon itself. Shells landed so frequently that they sounded like devestating drumrolls, accomapnied by the rumbling of falling buldints that couldn't withstand the onslaught. After what felt like forever but was a matter of minutes, Kuff returned to his feet with the others.

"That sure as shit has to do the trick and make our lives a little easier!" Corina grumbled loudly of the immense noise of Khanate artillery hitting their marks.

"Yeah, that sure oughta soften 'em up" He remarked in agreement.

It was time to move out, and the squad moved forward. Kuff followed in the rear, but beneath him the ground began to shake. He steadied himself, but for no purpose. The ground beneath him gave way, and Kuff looked around for some sign of what was causing it. And then he saw it, a ship breaking through the surface.

A surface he had unfortunatly been standing on.

He had no idea how long the fall took, but it was beyond what the imapct gel within his armour could withstand. Partway down, he struck against a thin piece of rebar when bent beneath his weight. The big brute bounced off like a sack of potatoes, landing in a heap atop the rubble in much the same fashion.

With the adreneline kicking, it was hard to tell what shape he was in. But he'd survived.

It was fortune enough, for now.

b26f37220d156b81dc958d7c61e97ef91dfadb33.pnj

//: Coruscant //:
//: Enemies //: Jaidan Shatani Jaidan Shatani //: Ayhan Ayhan //:
//: Attire //:

nAEbAR.png
Quinn felt the resistance, one that she had felt before. Frowning, she realized her toy was of the same near human as the infamous Zambrano bloodline. The pushback reminded her of another, one she was closest to. Even with their closeness and her accessible pathways into the woman's mind, she always found resistance. The boy's mind closed to her, but it would only be an annoyance. She understood what needed to be done; an Epicanthix natural affinity to resist mentalism was only an obstacle, not a deterrent.

Lucky for the Padawan, the woman wasn't given enough time to toy further with his little block. Quinn felt the presence of another before he arrived. The older Jedi had an air of self-righteousness to him. They all did, and he spoke down to her like she was a child. Quinn stood from her corner and stepped forward, her arms behind her back as she eyed him up and down.

"Another Echani." She started, "I wasn't looking for prey, that sort of animalistic trait I leave to the Mandalorians and other Jedi." She raised an eyebrow and looked back towards the Padawan's location, "He was boring anyways." Quinn stepped away from Jaidan, still keeping her hands behind her back and her posture loose. If he was a true Echani, raised in their ways, he could tell her every move before she could even make it. The art of Echani combat excelled beyond many other martial skills.

But, she was also Echani, raised by the best, the royal house, under her mother's tutelage. It wouldn't bode well for the estranged Princess to falter at her own heritage's claim to fame.

Quinn sighed softly, "When was the last time you were on Eshan, Jedi?" She was curious to see how versed he was in his own people. Her head tilted as she eyed the troops around the Padawan. Once more, she allowed her influence to spread. Still, instead of attacking the group, her mind focused on one of the soldiers. It again pierced his mind with the previous mental attack.

"I'm looking for someone. He's a Jedi or not quite one, but it seems he has implored aid from the Jedi for what happened on Tion." Eyes glancing back towards Jaidan, "His name is Tydeus. Do you know of him or any of the renegade Jedi who attacked New Kaas City?"

She could care less about the desires of her sister's empire; if Quinn could have it her way, she would destroy it from the inside. But, Ibaris and the Dark Empire were her only way of discovering who the murderous Jedi were.

"Are you like them, Jaidan? Do you slaughter without cause?" She tilted her head and sighed, bored with the trooper the lack of information embedded in his mind, "What about the padawan?"

skin, bone, and arrogance

Natasi kept up with the moving pack, lithe and athletic on her feet despite not looking quite the type. Not for the first time, she was the pleased beneficiary of Raphael Calgar Raphael Calgar being good in a crisis. "I'm glad one of us paid attention during the new members' orientation," Natasi said dryly to the Senator from Anaxes as he opened the panel to expose the repulsor packs. She studied the repulsor pack that was handed to her. Her dark eyes narrowed, eyebrows furrowing skeptically. She glanced to Dyrn Grav Dyrn Grav for some measure of reassurance, but with the building continuing its violent disintegration, there wasn't much time to do a test run.

"I think you're right about that," she said breathlessly to Alicio Organa Alicio Organa . Beggars and choosers, indeed. If wishes were horses then beggars would ride, her grandmother had always said. They had no other choice. Natasi equipped her repulsor pack, allowing Dyrn to help adjust it, then she turned and did the same for her husband. Fully kitted, Natasi crossed the room to where Raphael had indicated the hatch was, and found the control panel, hidden behind a wall frieze. She studied it a moment, trying to ignore the ever-increasing, ever-intensifying shuddering. "Blimey," she muttered. "This was old when Palpatine was a boy."

Still, she managed to operate the panel, and a section of the wall swung outward on two hinges, almost like the French windows in the library back home at Herevan Hold. The faint rustling of wind and the movement of the horizon made her realize what she had only suspected to that point: the Senate building wasn't just falling apart -- it was moving. "It's t-time," she told her compatriots. "Alicio -- " The King of Alderaan would be immovable, she knew. Her dark eyes studied him briefly, and then she said softly, almost conversationally, as if Coruscant wasn't being battered all around them. "Don't be long, my friend."

Natasi turned to the window and put one hand out to Dyrn Grav Dyrn Grav , finding his forearm and giving it a gentle squeeze. She looked up into his multifaceted eyes. It wouldn't take the Keshian's advanced-spectrum eyesight to see abject fear in her eyes. The Senator allowed herself one tiny concession to this terror, a slightly undignified whisper trembling with fear: "I love you, Dyrn. Alw -- "

And the building lurched, sending Natasi staggering and tumbling through the open hatch. It was all she could do not to scream, but she had to consider her dignity, after all. After a momentary scramble, plummeting, her hands wrapped around the the pack's shoulder harness, and she touched the controls.

Nothing.

Another try -- panic setting in -- another -- she saw her children, pride and regret in equal measure -- a fourth desperate jam of the button --

The repulsor pack shuddered to life, and Natasi felt her momentum arrest, almost like a jerk yanking her upward. Dark hair whipped around her in the wind, her tidy bun torn asunder by the motion. She craned her neck to look up, praying that her companions would make it out before the rubble that had been the seat of galactic democracy collapsed in on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom