Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curiosity Killed the Raven (Red Raven Dominion of Nal Hutta)

"I can see no reason to deny your investments."

The Twi'lek glanced away from him, considering. Weighing pros and cons. This one she would have to watch. Part of the deal with Marek was that he kept corporations from taking unfair advantage of them, from taking over too much. Would he stand up to one of his own though? That was debatable. Best to do as she had always done and act as though there was only her to look out for her and hers, since this tended to be the case.

"It will need proper paperwork of course, the usual details, looked over by lawyers etc. Spitting on your hand and shaking doesn't do it these days, and I cannot say I'm heartbroken about it."

What could he do of use to her? The Ravens had to benefit at least as much as he did. Infrastructure. That could be dicey. He could choose to invest and build only that which would benefit him alone and still technically be honouring the agreement. Still, perhaps she could see the shipyard on Makeb upgraded for one..

[member="Darell Irani"]

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“Of course.” Darell replied with a nod. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Her concerns were known, they were the concerns that most people had when it came to being invested by a largeish company. Concerns that they would be exploited, concerns that they would lose most of the profit that was being generated, concerns that they would be [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]left behind[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]. But that wasn’t the aim of the Techno Union and Saiba Group.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]It was actually the reason why Irani didn’t involve Eridium in this secondary contract. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Saiba would purchase and rent space on the worlds of the Red Ravens, most specifically Nal Hutta and Nar Shaddaa with more to come later, but it would be the Techno Union itself that would invest in the infrastructure of the Ravens.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Because the TU as a whole had a far better reputation when it came to uplifting territories and utilizing the good ol’ trickle-down effect. This way the Ravens would enjoy maximum efficiency and a good profit margins on their own.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Soon their lawyers would meet and make everything above board, because Irani wasn’t much of spitting in the hand and shaking on it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]So uncivilized.[/SIZE]

Jarven dropped the "kids" off to play with the Hutt and then he took his personal defense speeder to the local news station. He landed on their empty news speeder pad on top of the building and got out. Upon locking the speeder up, he went over to the roof access door and tried to find a way inside. It would require an electronic key, but problems like that only took Jarven some time.

When he eventually broke in, he walked down a flight of stairs and checked out the top floor of the building. The top floor was indeed the most important since he could see signs leading him to the "News Studio". The news was going on live at the moment, as was evident by the camera crew and the news anchorman sitting behind the grand desk in the studio. He pulled the fire alarm and walked into the outer studio room filled with the camera crew and producers.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he addressed them calmly "please do not panic, but the threat of Hutt bombardment has been reported too close to the building. You all need to evacuate in an orderly and calm line. Don't worry about the equipment. I will be sure to save and turn off every running process. Do not use the elevator in case we're hit and a fire breaks out."

Of course, everyone couldn't get out fast enough and they weren't in an orderly line like he had told them to do. He went into the inner Studio room where the feed was still going on live. He sat down behind the desk, took his helmet off to reveal his furry, unshaven face, and tried to put on his best improvised monologue EVAR + a broad smile.

"Hello, citizens of Nal Hutta. Jarven the Gank here reporting live from your local news station. As you all know, Ganks are a slave species of the Hutts, just like Klatooinians. I have been selected by "those who know better than I" to get the word out to you and shed the Hutts' glorious light on the subject. You may have all heard about how the Red Ravens have "invaded" Nal Hutta. However, evidence would appear to show that Sempra the Hutt, who received hesitant backing from the Hutt Grand Council due to his lack of concrete evidence, has now decided to stab the council in the back by firing upon the establishments of various hutts all in the name of repelling the Red Ravens. Sounds more like an unholy inquisition to me..."

"Now, the Red Ravens are a criminal organization that have been working the Smuggler's Moon without stepping on anyone's toes. They haven't stirred up trouble before and they are likely not planning on doing it now, since they know how powerful the almighty Hutts are. They don't want to take anything from us, they just want to work with us and get what every one of you fine people are looking for more of: those credits. They're looking to give everyone a chance to make those credits, not conquer and dominate territory like Sempra the Hutt."

"And Sempra, if you're listening, these words come from the Hutt Ruling Council itself: You disrespect everyone's ancestors by reverting back into a savage that would destroy our way of life just like Hutts of old almost did. You betray the kajidic and we will never stop watching you. Tread lightly, savage Sempra."

With that, he got up and walked back to his ship and took off after cutting the feed.

[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] | [member="Sempra the Hutt"]

Objective: Cause some havoc then leave
Allies: Me, myself, and I
Enemies: [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] and Everyone else, presumably
Fleet Compliment:
Total Meterage: 1487 meters + 528 meters in fighter compliment = 2015 meters.
Fleet Actions:
  1. The Thorn, targeting any incoming Krakana weapons fire surrounding The Bludgeon with forty-five Dovin Basals to provide coverage. Firing all Yaret-Kor between the two Kebechets. All starfighters launched to cover The Thorn, The Forward, The Rear, and The Ruin. Position: Center. Damage Status: Receiving Ion/Turbolaser Damage from Kebechets along with Starfigher weaponry.
  2. The Forward, firing long ranged heavy ion cannons at Kebechets, firing torpedoes. All starfighters launched to cover The Thorn, The Forward, The Rear, and The Ruin. Position: Behind The Thorn, and The Ruin, starboard side. Damage Status: Receiving Ion/Turbolaser Damage from Kebechets.
  3. The Rear, firing long ranged heavy ion cannons at Kebechets, firing torpedoes. All starfighters launched to cover The Thorn, The Forward, The Rear, and The Ruin. Position: Behind the Forward, port side of the Ruin. Damage Status: Receiving Ion/turbolaser Damage from Kebechets.
  4. The Bludgeon, charging at the Krakana for a ram, mostly protected from ion and other fire by The Thorn's Dovin Basal coverage, firing forward ion cannons at Krakana, along with any other available weaponry that can be aimed at it. All other weapons not in a proper firing arc for the Krakana will aim at the Kebechets instead (any broadside facing weapons, such as turbolasers). Position: Colliding with the Krakana, far ahead of main fleet. Damage Status: Receiving heavy damage from Krakana Ion and flak cannons.
  5. The Ruin, firing both tri-barrel long-range mass-driver cannons, and long range dual turbolaser cannons at Krakana. All starfighters launched to cover The Thorn, The Forward, The Rear, and The Ruin. Position: Port side of The Thorn. Damage Status: Receiving Ion/turbolaser Damage from Kebechets
  6. All starfighters remaining within the main fleet (The Thorn, The Forward, The Rear, The Ruin), particularly defending The Thorn from incoming Starfighters. The Forward, The Rear, and The Ruin auto turrets (6 x 3) are firing at incoming enemy starfighters,

OOC: Sorry about the late response, but I wanted to respond to your fleet actions, and didn't get a chance to until now. Once again I repeat, as soon as an enemy ship is rendered out of commision, OR until enemy reinforcement is used, all ships will be ordered to disengage and jump to hyperspace as soon as technically possible.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

"They've begun open firing, and The Bludgeon is connecting with the enemy destroyer as we speak, it is attempting to maneuver away from the strike, but we are adjusting for a direct hit across the bow. The Thorn is soaking up as much weapons fire surrounding the The Bludgeon as it can, and the enemy cruisers are attempting to stutter fire at The Thorn, indicating they don't realize we're only covering The Bludgeon. The fleet is taking heavy damage, particularly The Thorn due to its reappropriated shields, and to a lesser degree The Bludgeon but it should be able to withstand it for a while with its stronger hull. They've scrambled starfighters, inbound."

"What are they hitting us with?"

"We're receiving ion and turbolaser fire split between us, The Forward, The Thorn, and The Rear. Our shields will last only so long with those ion hits, but The Thorn is currently vulnerable to all forms of damage, though its second skin should help for a while. Starfighers are moving to engage enemy craft attempting to attack it directly, but I'm not sure how long it, or The Bludgeon, can withstand this much concentrated fire power."

"I feel confident that between The Bludgeon's ram, whether it be to full satisfaction or not, our mass driver cannons, and the combined fire of all our other vessels that the Destroyer will not last long. They are experienced with vong and focusing on the Warlord, which was exactly why he's here, and is otherwise inconsequential. Our focus is ensuring the relative safety of that ram ship, and so far she's doing fine. Our guns are meant to kill capital ships, I doubt a little cruiser like that can withstand our continued fire for long. As for the cruisers, keep striking them with our long range ion weapons, and send torpedoes down range, we should be within distance. We just need a while longer, but if our shields start to fail due to ion fire, order the fleet to pull out. No need to die because of pride."

"Understood, sir."

Essentially everything I said in last post, except a few clarifying points on shield placement, and adding in a few more weapons fire orders I forgot in last post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom