Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skirmish Echoes of War: Mission to Ession | Lightsworn vs Dark Side Elite

(table does not reflect match-ups)

Strike-Team-Faust.jpg

Briefing

-14:12
Lightsworn HQ, Ashina Estate

Settle down. Our recent attack on Dromund Kaas has shown we have the skills to fight back against the Sith, but if we’re going to prosecute an offensive war against them we will need material, and lots of it.

Kyric has given me word that our Ashlan element potentially still has access to the resources and assets of the Crusade. Ession, the former Ashlan capital world, is still free from Sith control. We have to seize this opportunity to launch a mission there and procure as many assets as possible for the coming war. Your objectives are simple and to be carried out in sequence:

First, secure the Grand Jedi Temple. This will serve as our staging ground for further operations and must be seized as our primary target before the rest of the operation can proceed. You will be deploying closeby. We do not expect much resistance, so get in and set up camp, but be wary of Sith scouts in the area. We don’t know the timeline of their expansion into former Ashlan territory.

After that, scout the surrounding areas for high value assets and tag them for our recovery teams. Those of you familiar with the territory will be able to guide the others. Make sure to turn on the tracking fobs once you’re done placing them. They won’t broadcast a signal until you do. You’ll have a few days to do this, but don’t idle around. The more assets we tag, the better.

We have Master Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust to thank for this intel, he’s been instrumental in procuring the necessary information to put this operation together. As the most experienced Jedi on the field, both in his martial capability and in his experience with the area, he will lead the Strike Team in the field. Follow his lead and you’ll be making it back home. Report to him in fifteen minutes, you’ll be deploying together under the callsign Strike Team Faust.

May the Force be with you, and remember: Dawn Comes.”

5hGuahz.png

Zero Hour

+00:48
Grand Jedi Temple, Ession

Several ships descended from bright blue skies near the Grand Jedi Temple. The forces within carried themselves with surprising discipline given the ragtag element associated with the renegade Jedi. Strengthened by the purifying powers of the planet’s nexus, a welcomed serenity settled upon the band.

For many of them, they were going home.

Ramps descended to unveil the terraformed ecumenopolis to those aboard the vessels. To someone like Tyrus, or Kyric, the sight of organic life growing in tandem with the city might seem improper. Not long ago they fought their way across Kaas City after all, a much darker reflection of modern technology, but there was something wild about Ession. An order imposed in answer to the sleek durasteel and rough duracrete, rather than in spite.

Those assigned to engage the Grand Jedi Temple would march in step with Strike Team Leader Heinrich Faust. Peace rolled over the band along unseen currents, a constant reminder of the Crown’s presence.

Strangely, the band would note a lack of sentient life within the temple’s vicinity. No birds sang from low-hanging branches. Fanged and clawed creatures did not prowl the underbrush, nor did their prey stir in answer.

Unbeknownst to the Lightsworn, a force of dark siders under the iron hand of Creuat have infiltrated the Grand Jedi Temple. They’ve committed great and profane acts to desecrate its hallowed halls to counteract the nexus’ power, turning a once harmonious place into a dark, festering reflection of its former glory. Stepping through the threshold of the temple, the Jedi would immediately feel a lingering sickness within the air. An iron stench painted the walls in the horrid memory of death. Bodies of the innocent were piled up callously to the side, nothing more than an afterthought.

The presence of the Lightsworn would not go unnoticed by the Dark Empire, but the chosen of Darth Solipsis had set their trap. They need only wait for their prey to set it off.

Last edited:

Strike-Team-Faust.jpg

Home again.

It felt strange being back on Ession, entering the halls of the very temple where I had been educated in the ways of the Force.

I had left this world believing there was nothing remaining for me here, in a time of peace and prosperity unseen for so long in the galaxy. How wrong I had been, now that the Sith had returned to the Stygian Caldera, now that I had sworn myself to a group of militant Jedi radicals not unlike the Jedi radicals of the Ashlan Crusade that had once restored Ession from the grave into a beautiful and safe world.

As the grand doors of the Temple opened, the very air we breathed from inside seemed to assault the senses, making the hair on ones arms and neck stand at attention. It was an unholy sense that I had not ever expected to feel at this sacred ground, a sanctum built in the presence of my mother's Force Nexus.

My heart raced as I ran in ahead of the group. A man slumped against the first of many great pillars that lined the entrance hallway, beyond, the dark silhouettes of more bodies laid silently in death. I knelt next to the man and looked into his glassy eyes. I knew him.

"Master Cristophe." I could barely speak his name, but the dead deserved to be remembered by the words of the living.

Looking down along his torso I could see the hole where a lightsaber had impaled him, directly through the stomach. The cauterized wound was congealed with blood leaking the stench of the deceased. His own saber hilt laid just inches from his hand. My eyes followed to just beyond the sight of the hilt, up into the corner of the room beside the great doorway, to a huddled pile of bodies... small bodies. I couldn't bear to look.

"Ashla preserve them." I bowed my head in a quick prayer, choking back tears.

I looked to Master Heinrich. I could not bear right now to look deeper into the carnage that we would have to wade through. I couldn't bear the thought of the faces I was going to see, of the community that had helped to raise me.

"This is atrocious. Heinous. The Sith... have returned to Ession, master. Wha... what are we to do?"

Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust Amalasuntha L'lerim Amalasuntha L'lerim Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Thelar Grayson Thelar Grayson Tyrus Vastor Tyrus Vastor Kyric Kyric

There is no mercy.

The halls were massacred, the peaceful energy surrounding the Temple was tainted by the death wrought by the disciples of the Emperor. Their very presence was unwelcome with the nexus trying to resist dark marauders’ will to corrupt its essence and convert it into a well of the Dark Side. Performing dark deeds to corrupt Ession was only part of their mission. They were to imbalance the scales of the Force in favor of the Emperor, and to destroy Ession’s resources thus limiting its potential to the enemies of the Empire; and to kill their prey as Sinestra Sinestra had foreseen the Lightsworn coming to Ession.

He would not have her take the glory and be recognized by the Emperor. Creuat made haste to rally the Sith and the Emperor’s Elite to enforce the will of the Emperor and gain his favor.

Only the eerie silence remained as the Dark Jedi and his companions awaited for their enemy. No one survived, not even the younglings. The loss of such innocence recoiled the warm aura manifesting in the Temple an opening to exploit for the Sith sorcerers to bend the nexus to their will.

He would take no survivors as he was selfish to not offer the Emperor’s mercy to his former compatriots.

However, there was one exception.

Kill them all…all but Kyric Kyric . Bring the boy to me alive.

It was decreed by the Emperor to have the son of Karis be brought to him, and the Dark Jedi expected the boy to come all according to the Seer’s premonitions. Those who would disobey this order would find themselves in the gutter along with the rest of the deceased Jedi.

Finally, their mortal enemies had come as Creuat could feel their disturbance in the Force. His own aura was veiled to avoid detection, waiting to strike at the right moment. The great doors of the temple opened, the moonlight piercing through the darkness to reveal the desecration wrought upon for the Jedi to see. Two Jedi entered, one of them sprinted to inspect the bodies. The Nautolan could feel the sorrow and pain swelling within the Consular. His emotions were a source of power to reap from.

"This is atrocious. Heinous. The Sith... have returned to Ession, master. Wha... what are we to do?"

“Die.”
And from the shadows he jumped out with his lightsaber ignited to strike down the Jedi. A quick death for him to join his fallen.

Last edited:
Unbeknownst to the Lightsworn, a force of dark siders under the iron hand of Creuat have infiltrated the Grand Jedi Temple. They’ve committed great and profane acts to desecrate its hallowed halls to counteract the nexus’ power, turning a once harmonious place into a dark, festering reflection of its former glory. Stepping through the threshold of the temple, the Jedi would immediately feel a lingering sickness within the air. An iron stench painted the walls in the horrid memory of death. Bodies of the innocent were piled up callously to the side, nothing more than an afterthought.

The presence of the Lightsworn would not go unnoticed by the Dark Empire, but the chosen of Darth Solipsis had set their trap. They need only wait for their prey to set it off.

Tyrus Vastor stepped out of the ship, the metallic clank of his boots resonating through the docking bay as he descended the ramp. The sight that greeted him was a striking contrast to the urban sprawl of Coruscant. Here on Ession, towering architecture coexisted with lush, verdant flora. Vines cascaded down from balconies, and trees with thick, gnarled trunks grew alongside glimmering durasteel structures. It was a surreal blend of the natural and the artificial, a harmony he had never witnessed on the meticulously maintained surface of Coruscant, where gardener droids eradicated any sign of organic life to preserve the city's sterile perfection. Coruscant was always a bit over the top.

The Korun paused at the base of the ramp, his eyes scanning the landscape. The vibrant greens and rich browns of the plant life seemed almost alien against the backdrop of sleek, futuristic temple buildings. He could hear the hum of light machinery mingling with the rustle of leaves. This was a place where nature and technology had melded into a singular force, each thriving within the other's presence. But as he inhaled the crisp, fresh air, a cold, lingering sensation crept into his awareness. It was an insidious feeling, like a shadow moving just out of sight. The Force tingled at the edge of his perception, a silent warning of something amiss. He glanced at his companions, but failed to see much to explain himself. This wasn't the typical foreboding he had felt in countless other dangerous situations.

Instincts honed from his childhood on the lush, untamed world of Haruun Kal flared to life. The primal part of him, the part that had learned to survive in the harsh jungles, urged him to stay alert. Unconscious memories of dense foliage, the scent of earth after rain, and the ever-present danger lurking in the shadows surged forward, sharpening his senses. " Pelekotan be here." Tyrus commented. But this was far from the oppressive feeling of the darkside. Pelekotan was the darker aspect of the living force as a whole. The decay and natural pathways to rebirth after one died. A type of natural darkness he knew all too well.

Then he suddenly turned his head in jerk when the blur of a red blade sprang to life! Automatically Tyrus found the familiar grasp of his lightsaber in hand while his off hand rested on his Mandalorian Ripper holstered to his side.

“Die.”
Shab.

With a snap-hiss Tyrus's violet blade came to life with a deep resonate hum and was hurled in a spinning purple arc of energy toward his own ally Alaric Alaric and the assumed threat Creuat Creuat . Tyrus could only hope the action would be enough to alert others while also attempting to save a life. Even with the force there was no way, within the time frame, that Tyrus was going to be able to intercept the Dark Jedi's attack.

It had caught him off guard. At best the Korun was caught reacting to the attack, but there was hope in his lightsabers counter-attack.

npKW6Qs.png

Objective: Retrieve Ashlan Equiptment
Loadout: here
Tags:

Fallon had been on Ession several times, it had been a treasure trove of old Ashlan equipment that was dearly needed by the Remnant to continue the insurgency against the Sith. Today she was here alongside her Lightsworn allies as they had very similar objectives, Fallon would be happy to share the spoils with them, half of something was better than all of nothing after all. The only difference was that the Lightsworn wanted first to capture the Jedi temple. Despite her desire to be seen as a Jedi, this objective meant less to Fallon or her mother, so she would accompany the mission led by Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust only until she felt she could slip away unnoticed and complete her own side of the mission. She had told Faust that this was her intention so he would not be distracted by her suprise absence. It was the peril of being the youngest, everyone worried about you. She supposed it was nice though, better than having noone to care.

The ship landed and several of the Lightsworn advanced out, arriving at the great temple doors and quickly being set upon by the Sith who were calling this place home right now. Fallon also slipped out of the ship, but not before activating her cloaking device and shimmering out of sight. Sure a more powerful force user could detect her through her own force stealth powers, but only if they were looking for her, and not distracted by the likes of Alaric Alaric and Tyrus Vastor Tyrus Vastor . She would keep her own blade deactivated, trying to remain as calm and neutral within the force as she knew how, hoping she could pass undetected and begin her mission.

VVVDHjr.png

qXu9Rp6.png

Dark Side Elite: Amena Kader Amena Kader Creuat Creuat Aphon Aphon Khronas Khronas Sinestra Sinestra Varon Jahordel Varon Jahordel Cesare Demici Cesare Demici
Lightsworn: Tyrus Vastor Tyrus Vastor Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Kyric Kyric Alaric Alaric Thelar Grayson Thelar Grayson Amalasuntha L'lerim Amalasuntha L'lerim Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust
Open to Enemies

The Grand Jedi Temple was a unique target given to the Emperor's Dark Side Elite. Kaleb was still furious from his defeat within the New Jedi Temple's Archives, or how he had been denied all the knowledge that he wished for. In the time following did Kaleb recover from his injuries, and his newly bled lightsaber was craving for Jedi blood. When the chance came for the Dark Side Elite to be deployed to the Temple did they emerge as deadly and swift as shadow.

As soon as the Dark Side Elite arrived on Ession, revealing themselves to the Jedi stationed there did it turn into a massacre. ionized air from lightsabers igniting and clashing mixed with the sickly scent of death. Scorch marks lined every surface from the pillars to the walls, and every step one took was just rows of bodies strewn about, some dismembered, some stabbed through with saber, others killed in more dark, inventive methods of the Force. Kaleb spared no one, not the feeble masters, the padawans and younglings that begged for mercy. Not the noble Knights who tried in vain to desperately stop the assault by the formidable force of Dark Jedi at the Emperor's command.

"Deny... Deny no longer... Yes... Yes! All-all knowledge will belong to Kaleb. Hahahahaha yes! yes! Yes!" Kaleb would almost jump in excited glee just moments after running his saber through the chief librarian. He stood within the Temple's Jedi Archives. He laughed as if he was a giddy child on lifeday. So many times had he been denied access to the knowledge he desired. No longer would he face obstacles, he was going to read every scrap this Temple had to offer him.

"Kaleb will have it all... Dead Jedi.... Stupid Jedi... Jedi all gone... Jedi all suffer!! Yes! Kaleb makes them suffer, make them all pay!" Kaleb said as in his mad jumps for joy, did he pull the access card from the librarians corpse. He could feel a dark chill hit his nerves. He could feel something whisper to him. No doubt the Temple had it's own collection of dark side secrets. Emperor Fossk would surely reward Kaleb for bringing back such prizes, of course after he healed his fractured mind.

His saber still clasped to one hand, and his free hand carried the access card. He started to go past the rows of holobook shelves, his hands feeling along the walls. The dark presence only increased as he started to creep closer. Whatever the archives were hiding, Kaleb would have what he desired and soon gain Emperor Fossk's favor.​

mwYchRp.png

Echoes of War
The Tengu of Ashina
The Flash of the Blade

TnGFV3i.png

Thankful for the inclusion of competent leadership in this mission, Kyric hung by the back of the group with an easy smile. He tucked his hands into his pockets and trailed after Tyrus without a care in the world. The kiffar's mind was elsewhere. Not really a surprise to the likes of the korun, or even Alaric following their most recent endeavor. Hell, Kyric almost slipped out of line a few times and wandered off to go smell the flowers. But the more watchful gaze of his senior Jedi kept him in check.

Crossing the threshold from the serene world of Ession into the bloodstained corridors of the Grand Jedi Temple felt like being slapped in the face–a sensation made all the worse by a familiar presence.

Fisto.

Kyric opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. He felt an invisible hand tighten around his heart.

"This is atrocious. Heinous. The Sith... have returned to Ession, master. Wha... what are we to do?" Alaric spoke quickly, his emotions a raw enough wound to be felt even while surrounded by such horrific death.

"Die." Creuat erupted from the shadows like a specter of red death.

Kyric pivoted toward him, far too slow to get to Alaric in time, but Tyrus was already on the move. The Shadow gauged the distance between them for a split-second, gave up immediately, and thrust his hand toward the korun's back. A wave of telekinetic energy would lift him from the floor and send him flying toward Creuat like an arrow meant to kill–only this arrow was human shaped and boasted an amethyst lightsaber.

Considering the small list of options laid out in front of them, Kyric's hand fell to his sheathed blade and he dashed into one of the adjoining corridors. The entry to the temple would quickly become a kill zone once the fighting reached its peak, and the Tengu wanted nothing to do with such an outcome. He turned left at the end of the hall and continued deeper into the temple, both his blade and poncho pulsing with Ashla's Might.

Strike-Team-Faust.jpg

Allies: Alaric Alaric | Tyrus Vastor Tyrus Vastor
Enemies: Creuat Creuat | Open to Anyone Looking to Duel!

VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

Crusader, Defender of Faith
VVVDHjr.png
ocE0DTA.png
Information
Objective: Protect her home
Equipment: Sword of Light | Armour || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Allies: Alaric Alaric | Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust | Thelar Grayson Thelar Grayson | Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana | Bernard Bernard | Tyrus Vastor Tyrus Vastor | Kyric Kyric | Open
Enemies: Aphon Aphon [ Direct tag ] | Creuat Creuat | Kaleb Sunwalker Kaleb Sunwalker | Open
"Galactic Common" | <"High Nelvaanian"> | ["Essonian"] | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

6pLh85y.png

Home. When I was younger, I spent a lot of time here with my parents and Alaric Alaric . While Dad was still alive, he and Mom spent most of their time here. The feeling of this place... it was like a parental hug for me. Because the Crown of Ashla was born from the power of my parents. It was an echo of their Force pattern. It was like me or my brother. Although I was "born" in the Netherworld, by the grace of Ashla, this place was also my home. This echo was exactly like Alaric, or me. We were both born from a part of our parents' souls. It could not have happened any other way.

Ession had been free of the Sith for so long, as the Nexus had protected the planet, but now, the enemy had invaded this sacred world and sought to corrupt it. I did not know if they might be able to take the light or power of Crown of Ashla, but I did not wish to find out. I didn't want to risk the most sacred Ashlan world turning to darkness. Though none of us existed then, neither our mother nor my brother and I, what the Zambrano bloodline had done to the world was no excuse. It took so long after that for Ession to heal.

And I haven't even mentioned that we had our home here, our house was still standing and we always had family members or diplomats, people like that, staying there. I also saw the destruction that was already being done by the invading Darksiders and it pained me somewhat. It was then that I heard my brother's words, although he did not ask me, I instinctively answered him. I was halfway through my words when I realised, he was talking to our uncle.

"We send them home after we've thoroughly kicked their butts!" I told him.

Like last time, I jumped out of the dropship before landing and flew around the temple with my wings in the air. I wonder if this used to be the cathedral? I just let my thoughts wander for a moment, and then, after I had gotten around, I got down next to the others. Even here I could see that some of them were fighting with each other. I looked around at the attackers with my eyes and drew my sword. For the moment I had no opponent, but I was sure that would soon change. Since my brother and Fallon were here now, I wanted to take care of them in this fight.

"Take care of yourselves!" I told them."And remember Ashla is watching over us and guiding our steps!"

baSk6S8.png

banner13.png

VIPER
JEDI TEMPLE | ESSION
ALLIES: Creuat Creuat | Kaleb Sunwalker Kaleb Sunwalker | Varon Jahordel Varon Jahordel | Vorm Vorm | Khronas Khronas | Aphon Aphon (I'm not double tagging you, Infal)
ENEMIES: Lightsiders
ENGAGING: Tyrus Vastor Tyrus Vastor

imperialsilver.png

banner16.png18.png

DANCE OF NIGHT

Jedi were easy.

She had hunted them before the splintering of Fel's Empire. That war, at least, never stopped for her. The other war was a more delicate situation at the moment what with keeping up pretences.

At least this time, she wasn't pressed to kill one of her own to save face.

She can be a proper Inquisitor again.

So she hunted. It wasn't Sith Acolytes, but it was the next best thing at least. It was an odd thing, seeing the confusion at her argent blade before it struck them down like an albino viper. It didn't bring her joy or accomplishment, it just was.

In the dark of the shadows, waiting for their prophesied adversaries, the Kandaran wondered about the course her life has taken. From Jedi to Imperial Knight to whatever this was. The course of duty and order.

Her thoughts were interrupted as the doors swung open, moonlight spilling in and framing a group of figures. A child's panicked outcry echoed through the hall as they stumbled on the littered bodies. The Viper calmly remained in the shadows as Creuat Creuat sprung the trap, waiting to see how the rest of the group would react.

Sure enough, one was quick to do so as an amethyst blade was flung toward the Nautolan. The Inquisitor's eyebrow lifted as her fellow Elite showed why he was in the position in the first place, even as a Fallen Jedi. As the blade returned to its sender, Amena's argent blade ignited, shining as bright as the moon in the darkness.
"My turn."

With that, she darted forward with the Force, vehemently striking from the giant Jedi's hip toward his opposite shoulder.

Strike-Team-Faust.jpg

I could have sworn my life flashed before me as the red blade bore down on me. I sat for a moment stunned beneath the interlocking blades, Tyrus' purple lightsaber mere inches away from my face, holding back the enemy's strike. When the fight or flight reflexes hit me, I rolled away and reached for my own blade. My hand on the hilt, I hesitated to draw it.

But this was not Dromund Kaas. There was no philosophy that could justify a Jedi keeping his blade at his side amidst the sea of corpses, those it was his duty to defend. By rights the Sith had to pay.

My shining blue blade zapped to life.

As the second attacker struck at Tyrus from the shadows I would try returning the favor to him, reaching out a palm and Force pushing Amena Kader Amena Kader , hopefully back, though at best it may have only served to slow her own Force enhanced movement.

I turned and sprinted.

<Sister! There is something here I need to find. Let your light shine bright, and may the Force be with you.> speaking to Amalasuntha telepathically I let her feel some of my grief. I know she shared it, and like our mother, it was when good people were hurting the most, in the darkest hour, that her power shone at its brightest. For us telepathy was like speaking normally, even easier sometimes when the barriers of language showed themselves, but still I could not waste the time to tell her more.

I ran harder than ever, keeping myself focused on the twists and turns I was recalling from memories of better times, the route to the archives. It was all I could do to keep myself from looking down at the faces of the dead that I might have known.

Coming to the archives, I noticed the door already wide open. Cautiously crossing the threshold I entered a place that had once been my whole world, and illusion now shattered. The carnage was less in modest space the Crusade had built for its collection of knowledge.

Most of what was in the archives had been taken from Coruscant in the exodus that followed Lord Grayson, material deemed too radical or fanciful for the New Jedi Order. The lesser extent of the archives of Ession was knowledge amassed during the Crusade, what little of it had not been Sith in origin and subject to lock and key in deep vaults far from here.

This place had been quintessential for me. I needed to know who now had sought its riches for themselves.

It was coming upon the one corpse I had not wished to find that gave me an answer. I stood above the fresh corpse of Master Hergredin. The frail old man seemed so small in death, where as I had always seen him as larger than life, with his stories, his lore, his wisdom. The lightsaber wound in him was fresh, the light having only just left his eyes. Had I been just a second earlier...

At the end of the row of bookshelves was the man in black. The slayer of a beloved friend.

"I don't know what you're searching for, Sith, but you have taken a wealth of knowledge from this world already to find it." I called out to Kaleb Sunwalker Kaleb Sunwalker , my grip tightening in anger around my saber, its blade crackling.

5hGuahz.png

Tags: Alaric Alaric , Bernard Bernard , Kyric Kyric , Thelar Grayson Thelar Grayson , Tyrus Vastor Tyrus Vastor , Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana , Amalasuntha L'lerim Amalasuntha L'lerim

Engaging: Creuat Creuat

BHj7K1e.png

Theme

Returning to Ession was a bittersweet thing for the former Grand Marshall. The last time he was here was the last time he had been in the same room as Cardinal Demici as allies. It was also the last time he had seen his old friend Cedric alive. In the wake of the Crusade's downfall, Heinrich found it difficult to return, despite the fact that it was his homeworld. But it seemed the homeland always called its children back, by one means or another.

As he led the others into the great hall of the Grand Jedi Temple, Heinrich was hoping to find a welcoming remnant of the Essonian Order of Knights, yet upon entering the dark room, he only felt a sense of lingering dread. It was the same feeling he felt when he and Cedric fought Solipsis in this very chamber. The same day that Heinrich's past had been revealed to his friend.

He didn't even look at the corpse, for his hand was already moving to his lightsaber as Alaric asked him what to do.

"Ignite your sabers, it's an ambush!"

His own blade barely ignited before the darksiders were upon them, one of which going for Alaric with a vicious ferocity. The young man managed to get out of the way of the blow, but Heinrich wouldn't allow another to be struck. He darted forward, the Force enhancing his speed as he closed the gap. His blade lashed out at the murderer before him, unleashing a series of slashes as he began his assault.

"The blasphemy of the Bogan has no place within these sacred halls. You will be purged to the last, I swear it in the name of Ashla!"

He called to the others, ensuring they were prepared for the evil they were about to face.

"Remember your training, and keep faith in Ashla!"

He continued hacking away at his opponent with a flurry of strikes, doing what he could to keep him busy. Every second his eyes were on Heinrich would be another second they weren't on his comrades, and those precious seconds would be needed should they wish to see the day through.

BHj7K1e.png

Last edited:
Sure enough, one was quick to do so as an amethyst blade was flung toward the Nautolan. The Inquisitor's eyebrow lifted as her fellow Elite showed why he was in the position in the first place, even as a Fallen Jedi. As the blade returned to its sender, Amena's argent blade ignited, shining as bright as the moon in the darkness.
"My turn."

With that, she darted forward with the Force, vehemently striking from the giant Jedi's hip toward his opposite shoulder.

Where there was one, There was always more. It happened during the return arc of my lightsaber. Manifesting from the void did the shadow of a woman set ablaze with argent fire. Within what felt like moments, She was apon me. It was within these mere instances of time that my innate sensitivities seemed to work best. There was no guidance of thought. Just raw instinct and action.

It took seconds for the argent blade to register in the Koruns eyes and then reflex took over. Dropping into a aggressive fighting stance, Tyrus maneuvered a cleverly disguised cortosis gauntlet forward to intercept and temporarily exstinguish that argent fire. Not who is the one left exposed. Dashing to the right side of this dark jedi foe and observing the movements of her mid rib, the large jedi sought to seize the moment! Violet lights adjacent to his form glew brighter. Stretched out of argent darkness a gloved hand beaconed.

" I dont think so." He growled back and then gripped his lightsaber tight!

And for a split second the crimson tainted eyed within Lor Peleks visage had evolved to a burning flame. A flame that burned with anger and hate. It was a old flame but one none the less. A dragon that hungered for everything it saw. It was the the stain of Tyrus's past. A Sith Lord that was. A part of the Korun that desired nothing but violence. Yet in Tyrus's other eye there blew something that contrasted vastly. Serenity, peace and solitude. Subtle but constantly moving with grace.

My grace prevails over my wrath...

As the violet saber raised up, Tyrus also brought up a knee to his chest and with a snap viciously extended a left leg forward as a kick. A blow directly into Amena Kader Amena Kader side ribs. An attempt to create distance from his opponent and also himself.

Engaging: Kyric Kyric

The One-Eyed Jedi’s footsteps sounded loud upon the shadowed corridor of the Grand Temple, even amid the shouting and clashing of lightsabers.

Before him, the shadows warped and flickered. A veil slipped away.

“Where you runnin’, mate?”

From the darkness of the corridor emerged a figure, wearing a simple armor weave vest and combat pants, with floral neck tattoos and lavender eyes that saw too much. Isar the Zeltron scratched at his neck with the barrel of his blaster pistol, looking bored with the world. He held a lightsaber in the other hand.

Someone back the way Kyric came screamed about Bogan. Isar snorted. Religious types, had to love ‘em.

Isar gestured at him with the pistol.

”You and Creaut got unfinished business, yeah.”

9bUzLze.png

Objective: Seeking Nunyabisniss
Tags: Kyric Kyric Isar Isar
Gear: in bio
Wearing: this but with her hat
0SuWIN0.png

The young woman stared at the blank metal wall of her shuttle as it hung low in the shadow of some gigantic warship docked at a Sith refueling station. Hundreds of miles below, the jedi were now engaging the dark Empire in the old Ashlan temple, it was irritating, she would happily infiltrate and steal their secrets without the interference of the Ashlans, or whomever was trying to liberate their halls, if she was honest, she didn't really care.

"Wish me luck guys" she said to the recording holofeed next to her, speaking to her adoring followers. She made the calling card symbol then stepped into the shimmering black portal that had appeared, vanishing for all to see.

On the ground, moments later a portal would open and Annika would step out behind two Sith guards as they fought of Lightsworn support units, they ducked down and Annika smiled, she could only feel two interlopers to the five here but they were holding back. That would not do, Annika reached into the force and began to stroke the bravado of the men in front of her, encouraging faith in themself and fearless pride. The officer immediately shouted the advance and the others followed without question. Immediately one of them had their heads blown to atoms and Annika winced, but twenty seconds later both of the lightsword soldiers were dead for the loss of only two defenders.

The pathway cleared, Annika continued towards the archives, there was secrets here relating to portals that the Ashlans used, to a brief conflict with some strange and unknown portal entity. This was delicious to Annika, she now understood the world between worlds that she passed through so casually, but she knew there was more. The entities that inhabited that place, that clawed at her soul every time she used her portals, could they be controlled and commanded? "Right, if I was an archive, where would I be?" she grinned, running her fingers along the bannister, leaving a faint trail of purple smoke behind her fingertips.

"Chit!" she saw more combatants ahead of her just as she entered another hallway. Guards and soldiers she could send on their way without breaking a swet but she could not afford to get caught up dealing with properly trained warriors. Another Zeltron, tall and badly dressed was challenging one of the attackers, she appeared from the door to his left and her eyes followed his. "What we got here then?" she asked curiously, ready to leave for her mission the moment she needed to. She pulled her own pistol out, keeping her saber in her waist.

0SuWIN0.png

B L A C K G U A R D
ESSION | JEDI TEMPLE
DARK EMPIRE | Amena Kader Amena Kader | Kaleb Sunwalker Kaleb Sunwalker | Isar Isar | Annika Starfire Annika Starfire
LIGHTSWORN | Kyric Kyric | Alaric Alaric | Tyrus Vastor Tyrus Vastor | Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana | Amalasuntha L'lerim Amalasuntha L'lerim
ENGAGING | Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust

GRIM

A simple Force Repulse prevented the lightsaber from reaching him, but it would discontinue him from striking down the Jedi he targeted. It didn’t take long for battle to ensue within the Temple, further desecrating the sacred grounds of this sanctuary.

He could sense Kyric’s presence; like a dog chasing a bone it drew the Dark Jedi to the boy. How long until the Son of the Sword would realize no matter what he did his destiny was accept the Dark Side and rule the Galaxy at the side of the Emperor. He could run, he could fight, he could hide but destiny was inevitable.

Much to annoyance he was intercepted by another Jedi, the man attacking with a flurry of slashes only to be countered by Creuat’s defense. By the end of the series did the Dark Jedi disengaged to have a moment to recollect himself. A passive, defensive stance was unfitting for him as he always preferred an aggressive approach to combat; even when he was a weak Jedi he followed such philosophy.

“Heinrich Faust,” he uttered to his foe, remembering the leader of the scattered Ashlan Crusade. An important ally he was to the Alliance, a face not one to forget.

“Look how weak your followers are,” the crimson blade of his lightsaber motioning to a pile of corpses nearby. “Their strength is a reflection of their leader. Limited. Feeble. Chained,” words he described Faust, a sly tactic to breed anger within the Crusader and imbalance him. “Even your best knights were poorly outmatched. You have failed them, and their failure resulted in their…”

“…death!
In harmony with his yell he lashed out against the Jedi. Each strike carried every ounce of his hatred, the Dark Side feeding him strength. The Nautolan later jumped over Faust to attack from above, pressing his attack to overwhelm his defenses and exploit whatever weaknesses there were.

Blade of Woe

5hGuahz.png

Tags: Amena Kader Amena Kader , Kaleb Sunwalker Kaleb Sunwalker , Creuat Creuat , Vorm Vorm

Engaging: Amalasuntha L'lerim Amalasuntha L'lerim

GBC9wRZ.png

Theme

The air within the Grand Jedi Temple felt putrid with the stench of the dead, staining its supposed holy air with the corpses of the so-called soldiers of Ashla. Aphon wasn't one for wanton slaughter. He and Irae tended to be more surgical in their approach to murder, keeping a low profile where they could. Perhaps it was a byproduct of their time making their own way across the galaxy, or perhaps they were just more adept at the art of precision than their fellow Dark Side Elite. Either way, Aphon would have preferred to kill a select few to send a message. Perhaps enough to get in and steal a holocron or too. But the Emperor wanted blood, so blood he would have.

As the other members of the Elite made their presence's known, leaping from the shadows and crashing against the blades of the Jedi like wild beasts, Aphon remained behind, stalking his prey from the shadows. There was no point in the element of surprise if you didn't know your enemy. And Aphon could feel that there was something rather different about his quarry.

He finally made his presence known, calmly emerging from the darkness with a sly grin on his face.

"Don't think that you'll remained unscathed, Ashlan..."

Most of his companions favored the lightsaber, but Aphon's weapon would come across as much more primitive in comparison. His curved blade slide from its sheath as he held it outward. It was an ancient sword, one from his mother's homeworld of Dathomir. As he held the blade at his side, he began to chant, channeling the darkness of his people through the blade. It came alight, engulfed in a sickening green fire, empowered by the magick of his people.

"Your move..."

GBC9wRZ.png

A flicker of shadow within Kyric's minds-eye was his only warning of danger. He slid to an abrupt halt a few feet ahead of Isar. The kiffar's left hand fell to grasp the sheathed blade at his side, while his remaining eye scanned the zeltron, taking in the man's general stance and demeanor. Beyond him, another zeltron appeared within the shaded confines of the tunnels, but Kyric hadn't yet identified the threat.

You and Creaut got unfinished business, yeah."

Kyric blinked. "I'd like to think he's got his hands full with Master Faust." He studied the blaster while he spoke, trying to identify its model in preparation for it's first shot. "I was hopin' to avoid this sorta confrontation, but it is what it is, so get ready." The kiffar dropped into a front-stance and dashed toward Isar. The Jedi drew his blade at the midway point between them and sliced out in a horiztonal strike across him. A wave of telekinetic energy rolled down the hall with enough force to lift the Dark Jedi and send him tumbling away.

Upon recovering from his opening strike, Kyric pushed further down the hall in a bid to close the gap. His form flickered momentarily. Two more of the kiffar appeared, one on each side of him, and they fanned out to each side.

Strike-Team-Faust.jpg

Tags: Annika Starfire Annika Starfire | Isar Isar

VVVDHjr.png

qXu9Rp6.png

Allies: Creuat Creuat Vorm Vorm Amena Kader Amena Kader
Engaging: Alaric Alaric

Kaleb could feel the dark presence call out to him, he could feel it like a heartbeat through the archive walls. He pressed his ear to the wall, and he could hear, or at least what he thought he could hear in the form of dark whispers resounding through every corner of his shattered mind. He felt his eyes close, and slowly did he start to lose himself. Something was of great value within the Archives, though what he couldn't say except for being greeted by hints of it's dark power that would continue to reach out to the Dark Jedi. Just as the Stygian Codex, did he feel an all consuming abyss threatening to swallow him whole.

"Hahahahaha! I-I can feel it... So close, so close! I can feel it whisper to Sunwalker... Sunwalker can feel it echoing through his mind... So close... So close.."

The mad acolyte would say as he continued to feel along the walls. He wasn't sure how the Master Librarian's key card would work. Though if he suspected then he thought most doors would be activated via the Force. Providing that he didn't have any uninvited guests. He started to press his black-gloved hands against the walls. He would try to find any opening, anything he suspected that could grant him access to the closely guarded secrets the old man refused to give him. Perhaps Kaleb had been too harsh in his interrogation methods. Maybe, if he extended the man's suffering slowly did he might hope to extract something useful. No matter, the mad dark jedi would tear the archives piece by piece until he had found his opening.

Just as he would continue his frantic search for the dark lullaby that dared to reach out to him, he turned and noticed what looked to be a Jedi... Not any Jedi that Kaleb had remembered from his past at the New Jedi Temple on Coruscant. No, this man, this warrior that looked as fierce as a lion stood with blue blade ignited in hand. Kaleb would turn with his dried-blood looking zeyd-cloth cape billowing from such a quick turn of his heel. He looked to the man and heard the crackling hum of his blue saber.

"I don't know what you're searching for, Sith, but you have taken a wealth of knowledge from this world already to find it."

Kaleb would perk up at the mention of Sith. He looked to the man, his eyes widening and a mad smirk would spread across his features as Kaleb retorted in kind.

"S-Sith?? K-Kaleb Sith?? N-No! N-No! Much you still have to understand... K-Kaleb Sith?? Perhaps.... P-Perhaps never...." He would ramble at first, his free hand closed into a first to knock gently against his own head. Then in a quick turn did the mad smirk of Kaleb faded and turned into a vicious snarl, as if something immediately flipped a switch inside his head.

"Y-You deny Kaleb our knowledge?!?! No! No! No! We dare not let any false Jedi deny us our right to knowledge, our right to power. He promised us! He promised Kaleb the power!! YOU DARE!!!!!!" Kaleb would say the last words into a scream similar to that of an ancient Sith bestial war crime, despite his claims it was clear that Kaleb aspired to be a Sith Acolyte. The scream would echo followed by the snap hiss of Kaleb's saber. It's bloodshine red blade snapping to life, and in one move accompanied by his battle cry. Kaleb would use the Force to send himself launching into a spiral attack, hoping to unleash the first blow in the form of a spinning arc of his red blade, before the crazed Dark Jedi would land right front of the Jedi, not knowing if his blow would catch the Jedi off guard, or would it merely be a test of his defenses?

Strike-Team-Faust.jpg

Who is this man? He speaks in a deranged manner, but swore not to be a Sith. Were the attackers a new cult of Dark Jedi I had not heard of?

I barely get an answer from the killer before I feel his rage boil, his heart on his sleeve as a servant of the Dark Side. Like lightning, as speedy as the other one I'd encounter in the foyer, he leaps at me, a mad spin of red accompanied by his mad screaming.

Yet I was ready. My blade positioned in a Makashi stance, my mind on words my father had once told me.

The Sith fights with aggression, unyielding and vicious. The Jedi must stand like a mountain unmoving, mind focused, blade centered. Even the unstoppable force cannot break the immovable object.

I tried with all I could to control my center in the brief moments I had, turning my conscious mind away from the dead I had failed to defend. Those words of my father's had been to him the essence of the Jedi Guardian, but the Guardian was only as good as the people he shielded, and I had eschewed the ways of the Guardian for those of the Consular. I had devoted myself to this very hall and its ideal of peace and respite from war, only to return to it a mausoleum.

The spinning red whirlwind strikes hard against my blade, and stops. The clash of the two colors of dark and light is so too a contest between the unstoppable and the immovable. The anger through the Force radiating from the young man on the other side of the blades is palable. But what does he have to be angry about? That I have stopped his murder spree? The only right to anger belongs to the us, to the Jedi who's friends had their lives maliciously torn from them.

"Kaleb, is it?" I ask through gritted teeth as I push back on the Dark Jedi's blade. Though he doesn't look much older than me, he is certainly stronger of body as his attack bears down on me.

"What master do you serve, that would command such atrocity?!"

VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

Crusader, Defender of Faith
VVVDHjr.png
ocE0DTA.png
Information
Objective: Protect her home
Equipment: Sword of Light | Armour || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Allies: Alaric Alaric | Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust | Thelar Grayson Thelar Grayson | Fallon Draellix-Kobitana Fallon Draellix-Kobitana | Bernard Bernard | Tyrus Vastor Tyrus Vastor | Kyric Kyric | Open
Enemies: Aphon Aphon [ Direct tag ] | Creuat Creuat | Kaleb Sunwalker Kaleb Sunwalker | Open
"Galactic Common" | <"High Nelvaanian"> | ["Essonian"] | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

6pLh85y.png

Slowly, everyone found an opponent and the fighting became more intense. Just when I was about to leave to find someone who wasn't being dealt with or to help someone who needed it. However, I no longer had the opportunity to do so because a strange man with very pale skin and very light blond hair stepped in front of me. And a few moments later he pulled out his weapon. Like me, he was not fighting with a lightsaber, but with a more archaic weapon. My sword... Dad gave it to me when I left Netherworld with Alaric; and it was a gift from Mom to him when they got married.

The sword, while the man's weapon glowed with a green light, mine seemed to be a snow-white crystal, with a golden and silver light shining around it. I don't know why I liked these better than lightsabers. Others thought they were elegant, I thought these were. I learnt to fight with lightsabers, as they were part of my father's teachings, but it was still more comfortable for me. Perhaps Alaric inherited more from father in this respect, and I from mother. Though, as far as I know, most of my family preferred the archaic-looking weapons, even though almost everyone could fight with lightsabers.

"A warrior without battle wounds is not a warrior." I told him.

My moves? You didn't really have to ask me to do that. I've been watching him all this time, and I know of only one place where the Force will be this colour. Dathomir and there are Nightsisters teaching there. They mostly used Necromancy, so this was a familiar terrain because of that. Valkyrja and even the Children of Ashla used necromancy from time to time, as did my mother, but they were good and helpful. Not to harm others. But the Magick was evil and wanted to enslave souls, the dead.

"Your corrupt practices have no place in this holy land, warlock!" I told him.

With that I swung forward to attack this person. As my mother and the Valkyrja taught me, I didn't want to kill him, I just wanted to capture him in the long run, as I have learned all my life that everyone can change, every soul can be healed. It is for this reason that every Darksider can be sent back to Ashla.When I approached the man, I tried to strike at his sword with all my strength, directly above the hilt, not far above where the cross-guard should have been. I hoped that my weapon might be able to shatter the man's weapon. Capturing him would have been much easier that way. Because...

Ashla wills it.​
baSk6S8.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom