Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Everyone Was Kung-Fu Fighting (NJO)

xiqfVVX.png

Aris was wholly focused on the fight. Or, at east, he seemed like he was. He wasn't responding to the crowd that had formed, wasn't even looking their way despite the fact he heard Zaiya cheering him on. He wanted to be completely focused on the fight with Azurine and didn't want his attention anywhere else. As ever, though, he couldn't control the fact he could still hear everyone, that he could keep track of the conversations in the background.

Braze was going to answer for that later.

He cracked a grin as Azurine reared her head back to slam it forward against him. And rather than resist or even dodge, he leaned right up into it, cracking his own head forward to catch it. His body was altered drastically. While he couldn't feel the Force, it flowed so freely through him that he had to stop his strength. Shattering the floor was something he could do with ease, without thinking, simply because he was just that strong.

Face, eyes, wouldn't matter. He might even bruise from it, but not even her horns would scratch his skin. In that same motion? He sat up. He'd stand even, hands reaching to take hold of the Zabrak to throw her off of him shortly after. She wasn't going to be able to keep him pinned to the ground in just a grapple, after all.

Azurine Varek Azurine Varek

"I don't know who I am anymore."

Raise A Little Hell
Picsart-24-10-06-11-12-16-972.png

Outfit: Clothing | Robe | Right Arm | Glove
Weapons: Fists/The Force

In hindsight, Azurine probably should have guessed that this guy would just be able to take that hit without even flinching. Which, also hurt. Sure, the risk she took was calculated, but it seemed her math was bad in that regard. She gritted her teeth against it, just thanking the stars her bones were so dang dense or that could have been the end of this whole thing right there and then.

I'm going to be so sore after this, but totally worth it.

The shifting and twisting amethyst flames of her eyes met the striking seafoam green of his up close for a moment, and she tilted her head to the side, still grinning. This time, though, it showed her strong-willed defiance. She'd find a weakness in him, one way or another.

She didn't expect to be able to hold him down in the position she'd found herself, but she could tell what his plan might be given his size compared to hers. Rather than fight it, she took it, fully allowing him to fling her back, which gave her the advantage of being able to control the impact and place of landing that she took.

A tiny bit of blood dripped down her cheek from an earlier hit, but she didn't seem to notice it. If she still had both hearts, she'd probably not have to catch her breath here, but it was too bad her body, that was made for two, was running on just the one. So she watched, breathing heavily, and she waited for him to come at her this time.

xiqfVVX.png

Aris was there the moment Azurine landed. A huge, excited grin was plastered on his face now. He felt it, her headbutt. It probably wasn't good for him to be so excited over it, but the only other time he'd properly felt someone hitting him was with Ayhan Ayhan . Or at least in a fight he wanted, anyway. His fight against a Sith Lord was a different story.

Right now, though? All he could think was just how fun this was.

So he was there, arm already swinging a full on haymaker of a punch. Thus far all he could use were quick jabs to try and wear Azurine down, but this time? He brought the explosive force Epicnathix were known for. Water was the basis of all Epicanthix fighting styles. To be fluid, adaptable. And when the moment came, strike down with a sudden rush.

The style of his family, the royal line that he'd learned from his early days even before he was found by his mother, shined brightest in the brutal counters.

"Well, this is interesting. Aris, is that a smile I see? Haven't seen you look this alive in a while, And here I thought you didn't show off emotions in a fight." Braze teased from above as he moved along the perimeter of the room. His nails trailed softly along the stone column, creating faint, unsettling sounds that shifted as he circled, subtly trying to mess with Aris's spatial awareness.

"Finally found someone who doesn't have to hold back with you, Aris?" Braze added with a smirk, enjoying the disruption his presence caused.

As the fight below continued, Braze finally reached the exit, throwing one last remark over his shoulder though it came barely over a whisper certainly out of ear shot of pretty much every one around. "Don't get too comfortable, Aris. Sooner or later, I'll give you something to worry about too."

With that, he slipped out, leaving the subtle sounds behind as they faded into the noise of the sparring ring.

Raise A Little Hell

Azurine would never have admitted it outloud, but this here was probably some of the most fun she'd had since she'd been yanked out of a 900 year stasis. Not that she hadn't had good times, but that thus far, they had been so wrapped up in all of the twisting land slides of emotions that came with the sudden time displacement. This, fighting for the joy of it, not holding back, it was so familiar like a hug from an old friend one hadn't seen in ages. She wasn't just distracting herself from reality like in the undercity, but truly getting to let loose an authentic part of herself she'd thought she'd lost.

So, when Aris came full force like a freight train straight at her, though also somehow holding a graceful fluidness, she was ready for it. Oh yeah, it would hurt. She'd probably be nursing the resulting bruise stressed muscles for a bit after, and she didn't care in the slightest. She shifted her stance and braced for the impact, only moving to the side at the last minute in order to keep the blow from colliding with her face but rather with her chest instead, causing a loud smack to echo into the room

The other purpose her shift served, was to hopefully be able to wrap her arms around his, one pressing his elbow inward. The other she holding at a position to keep her from being launched back into the ground and instead to bring that force around to launch upward, swinging a knee for his face.

The fierceness of fire against the fluidity of water, what a sight it had to be for those forces to clash together that way.

Last edited:
Attire: Jedi Outfit
Equipment: Cross guard Lightsaber, Hydrangea Moonblade (Concealed)
Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble | Azurine Varek Azurine Varek | Braze Braze | Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor | Ryana mina Ryana mina | Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti | Mahsa Mahsa

There was a lot going on with the duel. It was something that was intense with a lot of strength being displayed from both sides. Lily was focused on the techniques and the movements as well as the hits being taken and throw back and forth that she wasn't really paying attention to others entering the room. She didn't really notice the noise that Braze was making, other than the fact he was making a lot of noise, which she wasn't sure would help or hinder the fighters.

It was something she knew happened in competitive sports, which was one aspect she was not a fan of. Lily just preferred reading the movements and body language on display. Let the fighters tell their stories and admire the displays being presented to them all. She pulled out a notebook and started to scribble some notes down from her observations. Attempting to learn more on the fighting styles and what were her takeaways from how Aris fought and how Azurine fought.

She was interested to see if she would get a chance to spar with them both in the future and show how much she had been taking away from this sparring match to show she had been paying attention. That she respected the efforts they put into their respective fighting styles.

Tag: Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor

Pet/mischief maker: pip

The lethan continued scratching and petting buster as the pup sat on her lap. She loved the little guy and it was obvious that buster loved her and she loved the dog on her lap. As she watched the duel going on she took notes mentally of what was happening and how they moved as she heard connel deny pip grapes which made her chuckle.

As she watched the fight "i can't really say what I'd do in this situation honestly it's one thing to say what one would do and another to actually be in the scenario" she said sitting there as buster gave out a woof. As ryana realized she had stopped petting him so she continued petting buster.

If the abyss stares at you, don't blink
bxbRmIe.jpg

2HQjV5Q.png

"In my experience,
when you think you
understand the Force,
you realize just
how little you know"

[COMM TRAFFIC]
LOCATION : Coruscant | OBJECTIVE : Watch the fights |TAG (FRIENDLY) : Aris Noble Aris Noble | Azurine Varek Azurine Varek | Braze Braze | Lily Decoria Lily Decoria | Fulo Ritiki Fulo Ritiki | Ryana mina Ryana mina
Best friend: Who else but "Buster"?

Connel chuckled at Buster giving orders as he watched. He understood what Ryana was talking about. It is hard to put yourself in the place of others in events like this, but it was also a good learning tool for her, for him. See, if I was Aris right now, I would stop with the haymakers. I would make her come to me and keep with my reach advantage. Force her to make a mistake and then take her down.

2pwZ0kc.jpg
He said as he was pointing out to the spar in one hand, ignoring the broken floor, and slipping Pip a dog treat with the other.She said “no grapes”, nothing about “dog treats”.

As for her, I would go for the legs, this is a spar, so not necessarily “break” them, but weaken one to take him off of his feet. This would cut down and rid of the height and reach advantage. By the way...

He offered Buster a treat, who took it all too eagerly.

xiqfVVX.png

She took the punch full on.

To use it against him. He'd laugh if his vision hadn't started to swim from the impact against his chin. He actually stumbled back a step. Actually lost track of things for the brief moment that he'd felt the pull of unconsciousness. It wasn't something he felt often at all, but it brought it's own thrill in friendly spars like this for the young Warrior.

He brought his fist down this time, swinging wide to catch Azurine midair to send her right back to the ground.

Raise A Little Hell

Out of the corner of her eye, Azurine caught a glimpse of shock and also pure amusement on him. Of course, he wasn't expecting her to eat an entire hit just to gain an upper hand. It's not something a lot of people do. Unless you're Iridonian. Knowing that made her chuckle. Then she realized something: the collision of her knee against him staggered him. She'd actually managed to land a blow that did something other than glance off.

The man of steel can be hit!

Azzie laughed, but it was cut a little short by the full force of yet another blow hitting the corner of her cheek mid flip. Colors flashed in her vision for a moment, the ear that had been caught in the cross fire beginning to bleed. It caught her off guard, but given she'd done the same thing to him just a moment before, all's fair in love and war as they say.

If I'm hitting the ground, then I'm taking you down with me, she thought to herself, moving to latch onto the arm he'd swung with and pull backwards as hard as she possibly could in the direction the swing was going to send her. She worked with the momentum of the swing, knowing they would both end up on the floor if she succeeded.

Last edited:
BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Outfit: x x x x x | Equipment: x x x x x x | Weapons: x x x
Interacting with: Mahsa Mahsa | Open to interaction

Zaiya's cheerfulness faltered for a second, her skin rippling with soft waves of teal and gold as she watched Aris and the Iridonian girl sparring. She cast a quick, disapproving glance at Braze, her skin flickering with a ripple of dark orange as he heckled from the sidelines. But then, the brutal crack of bone against bone pulled her attention sharply back to the fight.

Her eyes widened, her skin brightening in alarm as she saw -- and heard -- it. Aris laughed. Not a small chuckle or a quiet smirk, but a real, full-on laugh that shook his shoulders even as he took a hit and staggered back, his green eyes twinkling with excitement. He looked so alive, even as he immediately retaliated, aiming a strike back at the Iridonian girl's face.

And the girl? She laughed too, a joyful, taunting sound that echoed in the training room, as if the two of them were playing instead of exchanging vicious blows.

Zaiya's heart twisted sharply, the giddy joy she felt moments before now tempered by an icy pang deep in her chest. Aris was having fun --like really enjoying himself. She wanted to be happy for him, and she was, but the strange twinge of unease wouldn't go away.

"You've got this, Aris!" Zaiya called, trying to sound as genuine as possible, though a subtle pulse of pale jade green flickered across her skin, mixing with the bright teals and gold. An uneasy shade of gray lingered just beneath the surface.

She winced as Aris's head slammed into the Iridonian's horns, the sickening crack making her instinctively close her eyes. While it would be hard, Zaiya knew he could get hurt; she'd seen him bloody and battered before. But she forced her eyes open again just in time to see Aris flash a wide grin at his opponent.

That grin -- an excited grin Zaiya had never seen him wear so openly to anyone else -- sent another icy pang through her. A memory flickered in her mind, something Aris told her about Epicanthix culture. They admired strength and fighting ability -- valued it, even found it attractive in potential mates. Her thoughts clouded for a second, and a faint pulse of mismatched colors flickered over her skin, an uncertain flux of emotions.

Even Braze noticed the emotions Aris was showing, too -- publically, openly, in a fight.

The ache deepened as Zaiya bit her lower lip, trying to focus on the fight. But it was hard not to feel that sharp little stab every time Aris grinned, or when the Iridonian girl laughed again, joyfully taunting him, before they went for each other again.

Zaiya's eyes widened as the spar continued, the teenager biting her lower lip, watching as it seemed by the sheer momentum as if the pair just might go tumbling into the ground together...
qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor

Ryana listened to connel as she gave buster love as she scratched his head and behind his ears as she occasionally petted the fluffball. It was obvious to anyone who saw buster and ryana could tell there was lots of love there as busters tail wagged as he was content. As she listened to connel explained what was going on and how he would fight she could sense pip getting happy as she used Telekinesis to pull the dog treat from pip and gave it to buster who chomped down on it happily.

Pip huffed but didn't fight buster over it. As he sat there ryana did give pip a head pat and an ear scratch which she felt pip appreciated through their bond.

A concerned glance was given in Braze Braze ‘s direction as the half-Echani had commented throughout the fight, the sounds made as his fingers thrummed rhythmically on the railing and his nails scraped against stone impossible for Mahsa to ignore. "Don't get too comfortable, Aris. Sooner or later, I'll give you something to worry about too." His last words, imperceptible to most, caused her brows to furrow as she tried to make sense of them—but the audible smack of an unstoppable object striking an immovable force soon caused Mahsa to forget as her attention turned back to the fight.

"Whoa… they’re really going at it, huh?" She could tell from the look in both their faces, a look she’d glimpsed a handful of times in the rare occasions she’d gotten to see Ayhan Ayhan and Aris Noble Aris Noble spar against one another. It wasn’t often people like them had the chance to go all out, shown by how easily Aris had cracked the floor just moments prior, and a wistful smile tugged the ends of her lips.

She couldn’t help but wonder if, perhaps one day, she’d be able to gather a similar look from the Firronthix during their own spars.

"You've got this, Aris!" The Lovalla cheered him on again, but something about her voice had felt off to Mahsa’s ears this time around. It caused the girl to turn her attention towards her friend, head tilted sideways as Mahsa spotted a new shade among her radiant skin. She felt it then, an unease that was so familiar to the girl she confused it as her own for some moments… before finally realizing the emotion was rolling off her friend instead.

"Z-Zaiya?" A hand reached out, gently holding onto Zaiya's as Mahsa quietly spoke. "Is everything okay...?"

Last edited:
BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Outfit: x x x x x | Equipment: x x x x x x | Weapons: x x x
Interacting with: Mahsa Mahsa Aris Noble Aris Noble Azurine Varek Azurine Varek

"Z-Zaiya?" A hand reached out, gently holding onto Zaiya's as Mahsa quietly spoke. "Is everything okay...?"

Zaiya blinked, momentarily lost in her own thoughts. Both she and Mahsa were empaths, but in different ways. Mahsa could feel emotions as they radiated from others, like Loomi's ability to sense feelings as they were projected. Zaiya, on the other hand, was still learning to do the same with the Force, but for her, the connection became far more intense with touch.

Without realizing it, Zaiya had let her mental shields slip, just enough for Mahsa to catch a flicker of her confused, unsettled emotions. Startled by the brush of connection, Zaiya quickly threw her walls back up, a bit too fast, as she fumbled for words.

"Oh, umm, yeah. Just... nerve-wracking seeing the fight," she said, forcing a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. The twisting in her stomach and the erratic dance of colors across her skin betrayed her unease.

She was about to say more when movement in her peripheral vision made her heart stop. A flash of silver hair -- then the heavy thud of Aris hitting the ground. Zaiya's breath caught in her throat, her skin blanching to a pale, silvery hue as her opal blue eyes widened in alarm.

"Aris!" she yelped, the word slipping out before she could think. Acting on instinct, Zaiya rushed forward, her heart racing as she closed the distance to where Aris lay. If he'd been knocked out, it had to be bad -- really bad. Either he'd taken a serious hit, or the brutal back-and-forth sparring had finally overwhelmed his self-healing abilities.

It was obvious from the grin still plastered on Aris's face that he'd given it his all. Despite being unconscious, there was a strange joy in his expression, like he was at peace with how hard he'd fought.

Zaiya's worry surged, the Force quickening her steps. However, the Iridonian girl, his Champion sparring partner, was still standing nearby, and she was the closest to Aris now. Still, Zaiya couldn't help it -- she was ready to scramble down to check on him herself if no one else did first.
qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Raise A Little Hell

Outfit: Clothing | Right Arm | Glove
Weapons: Lightsaber | Vibrosword

Azurine tumbled forward onto the ground, rolling forward and flipping around before she could think to do much else. Instantly, she knew something was off. The way he'd fallen without any kind of resistance whatsoever or a reaction. Her eyes fell quickly on Aris, who hadn't moved from the spot he'd fallen. He hadn't seemed like someone who was unhonorable, so she knew given the rules they had set for each other when they began (no mind games or mind force tricks) that he couldn't be trying to throw her off guard.

Though stars were swimming in her own vision and her left ear, the one that was bleeding, was ringing a bit, she instantly went into a crisis handling mode, one that she hadn't been so throughly forced into since her days in the Rebel Alliance.

Light on her feet, she dashed over to Aris, gently twisting him to where she could position his head upright. She focused on his aura, pressing her fingers against his neck. She knew she couldn't have done enough damage to actually kill, not to him at least, but she was acting on instinct. The pulse was strong, so was his aura, and he still had that grin plastered onto his face.

"You ambitious idiot. Tap out next time, yeah." she muttered under her breath, though she couldn't help but chuckle a little.

He would be fine, she knew that much, but she wasn't about to take any chances. She'd learned that in countless battles in her life. Her eyes fell immediately onto Zaiya, who was rushing forward. Good, she needed the help.

"I need you to grab a water bottle and bandages, okay? He's out cold, but it's nothing that can't be healed with a little effort." She did her best to assure the clearly distraught girl since her colorful aura was practically a light with her distress, so it was so hard to ignore. Though she wished she knew the girls name, she knew they hadn't met yet and couldn't even guess.

She pressed her hand to the side of Aris's temple where her knee had collided with his head and took a few deep breaths, focusing all of her remaining energy into visualizing the depth of the injury as Kynn had taight her to do. Visualize and prompt the mend. If the injury was more than a simple hit, there was no way she'd be able to handle it as she had never been able to push the skill further than surface level injuries and head injuries. She was clearly not meant to be a strict healer, but in the era she came from if she didn't have at least a basic knowledge of quick injury healing, she wouldn't have survived some of the fights she'd been in. Of course, it was a give and take, her own strength being sapped in the process. It sent her vision swimming.

I'm gonna need to spend the next day meditating after this one, but at least it was one hell of a fight.

Last edited:

xiqfVVX.png

Aris was out cold.

But only for a few moments longer. He blinked open his eyes as he sat up with a rather relaxed stretch of his arms as if he'd just woken from a nap. In a way, he had. The dull aches were already gone. He hadn't bruised to begin with, but the soreness was similarly just, gone. His body was something else. It only took another moment for him to remember where he was, who he was with. What happened.

He fell back, arms outstretched as he stared up at the ceiling.

"I guess this means I lost this time, huh."

The one thing he didn't notice right away? The fact people were worried. So used to the fact he couldn't be harmed in any lingering way he couldn't help but be so lax. Right now, he just wanted to make sure he remembered this. Remembered how Azurine fought. That execution like style of fighting where she went for the kill with the pure intent of winning, that he could use. He would use, even.

He grinned. "I won't loose next time, so you know."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti | Azurine Varek Azurine Varek

Touch had become a second nature thing for the Kazlrrian after spending so much time with Zaiya, a shared language that Mahsa had come to realize she sought and craved almost as much as the Lovalla she called her friend. The hesitation that had lingered once had slowly disappeared as weeks had turned into months and then years, and as such she had reached out with the same lack of thought as one needed to breathe.

That brief moment of physical connection had instantly amplified the emotions Mahsa had been picking up from the colorful being at her side, highlighting their strength and deepening their complexity, but all that had paled compared to what followed next. The walls that immediately cut Mahsa off from the connection felt like buckets of iced water suddenly dumped over her head, causing the Kazelrrian to quickly relinquish her hold as she recoiled in response.

"R-Right," Zaiya had done her best to try and play it off as she offered her a smile, but the brightness of it never reached the Lovalla’s azure gaze or colored her skin in the way a genuine one should. "Y-Yeah, it is p-pretty intense…"

She did her best to pretend along with her friend, but the world lacked an undo button that they could just press and reverse the flow of things. There was an unease present now that had been absent for so long that Mahsa had almost forgotten it had ever existed between them, deepening the dark ambers and lighter ocher hues that stained her hair.

The familiar sound of flesh against flesh, sharply followed by surprised gasps from the spectators around, had given both girls something new to worry over instead. Her own hands flew to her mouth in a vain attempt to muffle the surprise that slipped from her vocal chords, and by then the Lovalla had already sprung towards the ring as she called out Aris Noble Aris Noble s name.

Mahsa had never thought the Epicanthix would be the one to actually go down during the spar, not when she’d seen how ferociously Aris could fight first hand. Her own steps finally followed behind Zaiya moments later, also concerned over the wellbeing of their friend.

"I need you to grab a water bottle and bandages, okay?"
"I got the w-water…!"

Her voice quickly repsonded as Azurine Varek Azurine Varek mentioned the things she needed, knowing that Zaiya—prepared as she always was—would undoubtedly have bandages on hand. They had brought enough water for themselves, and some extra for Aris too, and the Kazelrrian quickly turned back to retrieve them from the stands.

She never noticed that the Epicanthix had already begun to stir…

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom