Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Flavor of the Weik

Hyperspace exploration, by it's very nature, has always been an extremely dangerous occupation. If you didn't know what you were doing and plotted a course blindly, you could very well end up colliding with some object and being turned into dust or any other number of ways to die in the hazards of Wild Space. Luckily for Cassus, though, the Force has generally always been there to guide him in his calculations and steer him away from any misfortune. While Cassus hadn't exactly been fortunate enough to discover any new planets, he was able to find new routes to some of the lesser known planets in Wild Space.

Cassus was about 15 minutes into his most recent jump to lightspeed when an alarm began blaring in the cockpit of his ancient refurbished Corellian G-9 Rigger class Freighter. This vehicle had been serving him faithfully in the 3 years since he awakened from his long stasis aboard the GAS Mercy, but now there was an ear splitting alarm along with a high pitched whining coming from the Hyperdrive. Then, with a jolt that would have sent him flying had he not been strapped into the cockpit, the freighter dropped out of hyperspace. Killing the engine power as smoke started billowing from the hyperdrive, he got out of his seat and went to the rear of the freighter to inspect the damage. Putting on an oxygen mask and grabbing a fire extinguisher once he got to the hyperdrive, he quickly doused any flames that were present. With a sigh, he surveyed the damage, reaching in and yanking out a motivator that had fried. This had been a recent purchase, and it seemed had had just gotten shafted. Did the Force finally let him down?

Letting out a string of curses, Cassus meandered back to the cockpit and went to the navcomputer. Upon first dropping out of hyperspace, he had noticed a planet within view but didn't think anything of it in the moment, but now that planet might be his only means of salvation. Doing a quick scan of the computer's data, his face fell somewhat, cursing under his breath. Weik wasn't a planet known for it's high technology, if it was even known at all. Back before his 800 year stay in a stasis pod, he had heard stories of the pseudo-Jedi Paladins of the low-tech world of Weik. Not much more than anecdotes passed among the other Jedi, but still. To see the planet before him sent a shiver down his spine, and with another sigh he moved to the Pilot's seat and keyed his engines up to begint he descent into the planet's atmosphere. He wasn't expecting any kind of star port to be able to accommodate him, and he chose to set his ship down in a forest clearing that had clearly been used by a previous emergency landing. Once landed, he killed the power to the ship completely.

With a hiss, the rear loading rampof the ship would lower, and Cassus would descend the ramp with a ratty brown leather jacket pulled tightly around him. He wasn't expecting the planet to be as cool as it was, and while he was used to the cold of space, the added breeze was enough to wish for a hot cup of something to drink. Once at the bottom of the loading ramp, he would scan the tree line in front of him, taking in his new surroundings and taking a deep breath of the fresh air..

Sola Wessiri

S
Ships didn't arrive to Weik on a regular basis. In fact it was a rare occurance. Extremely rare.

At least that was how things used to be. In the past few weeks there had been a handful of Outsiders that had arrived on Weik. Most had crashed, some unable to get offworld yet. While others came and went on their own accord.

Vossport was the Capital City and more often than not, it would probably be the one location spotted first.

Sola was on her way back from Vossport, returning to the Adamite Tower when she spotted Cassus D'Kai Cassus D'Kai 's ship smoking as it dropped from the sky. "Not again..." She broke into a run, using the Force to enhance her speed, her eyes never leaving her target. By the time she arrived at the edge of the treeline, the Outsider was already standing at the end of the loading ramp. Sola squinted her eyes and studied him for a few minutes before stepping into the clearing. She kept her hands to her sides, yetshe was ready to snatch one of her weapons at a moment's notice if need be.

Cassus, to be honest, was taken aback somewhat by the sheer strength of the Force on this planet. Light and dark seemed to permeate everything here and something seemed to click after a long moment. The Force had guided him here, for some unknown reason but he had known for a fact that blind luck had very little do with his current circumstance. When he finally noticed Sola Wessiri , he would be taken off guard not by her beauty, but by the sheer power that seemed to radiate from her presence.

Without much more hesitation, Cassus calmly raised his hands, palms out facing his visitor. He wasn't visibly armed, but Cassus was wearing kind of a big coat. "Hello, I, uh, had a bit of trouble with my Hyperdrive. I'm not hear to bother anyone, but I feel like I might be stranded here for a bit until I can fix my ship. My name is Cassus D'Kai."

Last edited:

Sola Wessiri

S
Sola continued her approach, her eyes never leaving Cassus D'Kai Cassus D'Kai , although she was curious about his ship. Of course she never wanted to go inside of one if ever it attempted to fly. She hated heights and it had been told to her all while growing up that space ships tended to fall from the sky. As of late that was pretty much all that she had discovered.

"I am Sola Wessiri, head Paladin of the Adamite Tower. Weik isn't very kind to space ships. One could almost say that the planet itself forces them to crash. If you expect to find parts here to repair it, then you'll be disappointed. There are none to be found." She paused in her approach once she was within six feet of him. He was close in height to her and from what she could tell, he didn't seem threatening.

"How many of you are there?"

Cassus would just barely visibly wince when Sola Wessiri confirmed his worst suspicion, furrowing his brow slightly as she approached, he would turn to face her fully. "It's just me. I was exploring a new hyperspace route when my hyperdrive just went out. Now whether or not parts just went out or if something brought me here, I have yet to decide.." Cassus' voice was calm and he addressed Sora like she was an equal, not wanting to come across as some snooty offworlder who just wanted to treat her world like a glorified pit stop. "This is Weik, correct? I've heard stories of your world, but they didn't do it any justice. From what I've seen so far it seems to be a very beautiful planet."

Sola Wessiri

S
Sola tilted her head to the side a little, moreso so that she could see past him and up the ramp. She wanted to be sure that he was telling the truth. Being an Outsider, her trust of Cassus D'Kai Cassus D'Kai wasn't very high.

Although he did speak calmly like a Paladin, reminding Sola of her Paladin brother Calder Calistarius Calder Calistarius .

"Yes, this is Weik. What stories have you been told? Only recently have some of us been made aware that the rest of Galaxy did not die as we thought. Such news is not encouraging." How many more space ships would come? Would they find themselves invaded? Weikians would not go without a fight. It was their world and had been for centuries.

"Just rumors of a low technology planet somewhere in Wild Space. Special only to people who know what makes this place special." That is probably about how far Cassus will go in revealing what his true nature is. If Sola Wessiri could feel him through the Force, Cassus would of made no attempts to try to hide his nature as someone strong with the Force. "I've spent the past several years on the fringes of known space, visiting worlds and civilizations that are only barely known by historians. I am forever a student, perhaps I've been brought here to learn?"

Sola Wessiri

S
Sola was about to protest that their technology level was as good as it ever was. But as she took a mental note of his space ship, plus the Adamite Tower and the skeletons of old shipwrecks, she knew that such a statement would be false.

When Cassus D'Kai Cassus D'Kai mentioned that there was rumours of something making Weik special, she knew what he had meant. The Force Nexus. Another had come here to study it, and he liked to challenge her in nearly everything. He didn't take kindly to her authority.

"A student of what?" Sola could feel his strength in the Force, much as she could with her Paladin brothers and sisters. But still, she had to ask.

"Anything that there is to be learned. History, culture, whatever is around me I hope to learn from it. It seems that the Force has brought me here for a reason. Perhaps, you are to be my guide?" His eyes remain on Sola Wessiri ,though he hasn't moved too far from the edge of the ramp, ready to retreat back inside should she attack him, but he didn't feel like she was about to.

"What is the Adamite Tower?"

Sola Wessiri

S
Sola folded her arms across her chest, not so much in defiance, but moreso taking on more of a relaxed stance. Her thoughts dwelled on his statements. If the Force on Weik brought Cassus D'Kai Cassus D'Kai here, then did it also bring the others? And whatever for? To help defend Weik? Or as practice for the Weikians to defend themselves from enemies that have advanced away from the natural Force? All were things that she needed to contemplate during meditation.

"The Adamite Tower is the home of the Paladins. We use the Light Magik as we are sorcerers of the Light. There we train, live and learn to better protect the Weikians from Lucites and Warlords."

Boy, that sounded familiar. Cassus' brow furrowed as he thought about it, his eyes briefly breaking contact with Sola Wessiri. "Would it be possible for you to take me there? Your Paladins seem like a wise and intelligent group, perhaps they could help me get off world?" Cassus would regain eye contact with her when he said this, wanting to gauge her reaction to this request.

Sola Wessiri

S
"None of us know how to fix that. No Weikian alive has ever been in one that wasn't taken apart for various pieces." But...

There was a hesitation in her thoughts that Cassus D'Kai Cassus D'Kai probably picked up on. He almost felt like a Paladin somehow, although he was an outsider. It was strange. Common practice told her to just usher him off to Vossport, yet her gut told her to do otherwise. Sola learned a long time ago to trust her gut. And so in this instance, she did.

"I was just returning to the Tower now. You may accompany me. There could be something there that might help you."

"I really appreciate you, if you just bear with me for a few moments, I need to run into my ship and grab my bag." With that, Cassus would quickly, but not too suddenly, ascend back up the loading ramp and disappear for a few seconds. The sounds of rustling and clanking could be heard before Cassus emerged with a bantha leather backpack containing god knows what, the contents somewhat noisy as he ambles down the ramp. "I'll let you lead the way, is it a long journey?"

Sola Wessiri

S
Sola waited patiently. And while Cassus D'Kai Cassus D'Kai was inside of his ship, she was more or less wandering around outside of it. Her eyes then moved towards the treeline, lips pursing as she studied it carefully for any other Weikians that had perhaps spotted the ship coming down.

The noise caused by Cassus' return caught her attention. She didn't jump, but did turn her head towards him. "We will arrive there before dark. Do you have some way to lock your ship's door? The less access that people have to it, the better for you." Anything could be stolen. It wasn't as though Weik was full of thieves, but such a space ship was rare. All of the older ones had already been taken apart for nearly everything that it was made up of. All but skeletal remains had been left behind where the ships had crashed.

That is except for the Adamite Tower.

"Yeah, one sec." Cassus reached into the pocket of his coat and pulled out a grey fob as he stepped off of the ramp. Turning, he'd click the button and the ramp would snap shut, and then very audibly lock. "Should be good now, and if anyone does get in there, well, there's not much in there that'd be of use to anyone in there." With that, Cassus would be ready to go, ready to follow behind Sola Wessiri

Sola Wessiri

S
Sola jumped slightly as the ramp slammed shut. It was a good thing that no one was on it, otherwise they'd probably be dead right now.

She smirked a little, gesturing for Cassus D'Kai Cassus D'Kai to follow her. If he thought that there'd be next to nothing for anyone to take from his ship, he was sorely mistaken. Just the outer hull plating alone was valuable. Not to mention other components within.

"Is there a lot of Outsiders out there? Or are you all few and far between?"

Cassus would retain a comfortable distance from her as they walked, his eyes occasionally scanning the area around them to make sure they weren't being watched or followed. When she asked if there were more outsiders, Cassus would audibly laugh and a nod. "Oh my yes, there's a whole Galaxy full of people of various shapes and sizes. Kind of mind boggling, if you really think about it. I'm honestly surprised at least one of the more expansionist governments haven't tried to make contact with this world.."

Sola Wessiri

S
Sola pursed her lips as she heard the news that Cassus D'Kai Cassus D'Kai had brought. It was good news, but also bad news as well. It could put Weik in danger. "So the Galaxy didn't die off as we believed..."

Her eyes drifted towards the skies as they made the treck to the Adamite Tower, searching for moving stars. "These Expansionists, what are they like?" The last thing that they needed was an invasion by warlords. The Trades Guild Masters would need to be made aware so that Weik could better be prepared for war.

"Same as any other politicians, I suppose. Wanting to expand the influence of what their idea of a society should be like. Some for the better, some for the worse. Things I'm sure you're already used to here, but on a much larger scale." Cassus noted how Sola Wessiri took the news but didn't want to press her on her feelings. Instead, he remained silent for a few seconds, letting her sort of stew in the new information for a brief moment.

"If it makes you feel better, I'm not really in any position to go out and bring more people here. Most people treat me like I'm crazy."

Sola Wessiri

S
"And what are their societies like?" Sola could both imagine it, yet not at the same time. It worried her to some extent, yet she did her best to mask it as she kept her features neutral, focusing on the trail ahead up them that started to wound it's way upwards.

The statement that Cassus D'Kai Cassus D'Kai made next caused her raise a brow in question. "Crazy? What reason do they have for that?" There was some relief in her voice at the thought. Would these Expansionists believe any tales from Weik to just being flights of fancy? She surely hoped that no one would talk about them at all.

But that was proving to not be guaranteed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom