Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [GA Senate] Broken Bonds - Mandalorian Crisis

A fire that keeps on burning

Mount_Savage.png

Many consider conflict to be inevitable now.

What had started as isolated raids on Rishi and Kashyyyk, carried out by a few unauthorized Mandalorians, has now turned into full-scale assault. The Mandalorian Enclave has attacked Rodia after they refused to join the Enclave on their terms, and in an unrelated incident a Jedi Padawan has been captured as well. So while a small task force of Jedi have traveled to Rodia to confront the Mandalorians, retrieve their Padawan and attempt to stop the growing aggression of the Mandalorians, senators have been called into an emergency meeting to discuss this growing threat.

How much more of this is the Alliance going to accept, and how will we prepare ourselves for what seems to be the next conflict ready to tear apart countless worlds within the Galaxy? These are the crucial topics that must be explored, before the Mandalorians might reach Alliance worlds on their path of conquest.

To help in this discussion, the Jedi have also sent their Shield of the Jedi, Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , to represent the New Jedi Order and offer their perspective about the Mandalorians. In addition, he will be able to explain the specifics of the Jedi Task Force sent to retrieve the Padawan and already confront the Mandalorians on Rodia as well.

What steps will the Alliance take?

Auteme Auteme Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble @Senators

f96af391777fee156ff592a1e87347ada600b7f0.gifv

div-red.png

"We're having a lot of these 'Emergency Meetings' recently," Dracken grumbled, taking the arm of his assistant droid into his senatorial pod. The senatorial race on Corellia was coming to a close, but until the elected being was selected and sworn in the duties fell to him. He had spent more time on Coruscant in these last few weeks than he had in the last ten years and it was starting to get to him. The food made him bloat, the water tasted like ship condenser water, and the lights and skycars he used to watch late into the night with his beloved wife Ava Cartwright-Pryce Ava Cartwright-Pryce now kept him from getting a goodnight's rest. Idle hands were the Sithlord's workshop and he was starting to miss his simple farming instruments.

"Yes, well, it seems the Galaxy is snapping back to chaos after peace," came the voice of his junior attendant. Dracken only grumbled at that. The Jedi that were leading this mission to Rodia, Valery and the like. He trusted them. Knew they could handle themselves in a fight. But what of this new generation of Jedi? Most of them hadn't experienced the stench of burning flesh mixing with blaster ozone, or watched cities crumble. Were they rushing into this conflict too quickly? The Sith, he understood. But Mandalorians? He felt for the people of Rodia and it was no surprise that a Munin was leading the slaughter on Kashyyyk, but they weren't their people.

"I'm long past the age of cleaning up after other people's messes Jerry." His pod floated into position, the clamor of the other senators arriving invading his ears. He sighed.

Another day in paradise.

if they're watching anyways

The Chancellor's podium rose as the Senators filed into their pods.

"Good evening, Senators -- thank you for joining me on such short notice," she said.

"The Mandalorian Enclave is currently attacking Rodia. It seems like they're making a more concerted effort to take control of the world's industries to fuel a continuation of their raids across the Outer Rim. This has been a new turn for them recently; previously they were content holding some territory near Kestri, the primary location for their enclave. These raids have been troubling, but attacking Rodia strikes me as a step towards a more prolonged campaign.

"I'll cut straight to the point. I don't think we need to fight the Mandalorians, but we should make efforts to direct them. I'm not keen for, potentially, a third front. I would rather find an even tenuous ally. Previously their hatred for the Sith drove them to fight the Maw; I think it's possible we can leverage that again to put their energy towards a more productive end. That being said, I'm not sure how sustainable that is.

"My inclination is to open negotiations with the Mandalorians. See what they want, and see if we can come to an agreement. If things break down -- I would be inclined towards SIA operations to direct them towards the Sith. The floor is open to proposals on this matter."

Kahlil_Div2.png

It was no longer something that could be denied. The Mandalorians were on a war path. Kahlil frowned as he found a seat within the Senate, his gaze traveling over the various pods where the representatives from all around the Alliance that made up it's leadership. There was much to discuss, but even now the Jedi had already been dispatched to try and persuade the Mandalorians to stop. And retrieve the Padawan that had been taken.

That was it's own issue.

He hummed as he listened to Auteme. He didn't want to just be sitting here, but it seemed to come with the position. The Senate needed to be worked with, and he needed to work with them. Not so much the SIA if he could avoid it, but hey, this wasn't his rodeo.

Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce | Auteme Auteme

H9JKu8a.jpg

div-orange.png

"Pinched between the Sith and Madalorians," Kel said to a nearby delegate. He didn't know her name, but had certainly seen her face around the Senate District in the last few weeks.

"Things just became so much more interesting..."

Times like these made him wonder where his former cohorts had ended up since the end of the last great war. His thoughts wandered to Anneliese Anneliese and Breha Sal-Soren, both of which had supported the old Bothan through difficult times in his career. Assassination plots, war summits, trade deals in the Outer Rim... he hoped, while the galaxy was under threat of a brutal razing, that they were someplace safe.

The sounds of the Chancellor's voice brought him back to his senses.

He remembered when the Enclave cast their support to the Alliance, alongside the Ashlans and Eternals. The Maw had proven without question just how much of a threat they were to life throughout the galaxy as a whole, not just the Core. Despite each nation's differences, they all could at least see that. Surely the Mandalorians could see it again when considering the rise of another Sith movement. Kel agreed, and he moved his senatorial platform forward to voice as much.

"An alliance with the Enclave would be most beneficial, even if only in the short term. A war on multiple fronts would be catastrophic. If we can somehow broker a cease-fire with them while we handle the Sith threat, then we should."

Untitled-design-3.png

Tags: Auteme Auteme | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce | + SENATE

Kahlil_Div2.png

Crap.

Kahlil stared around his pod, looking over the various buttons there before leaning over to whisper to the droid translator that was accompanying him. "Hey uh, which do I click to speak up?" The droid reached out, clicking the button in question and immediately putting him on a live line. He stared blankly at the droid before clearing his throat and looking around.

"I uh, well. Just so we're all on the same page I guess. The Mandalorians aren't just on a war path. They're butchering everyone in their path. Get on board, or get destroyed. The Jedi won't interfere with what this council decides, but they've already burned a whole tribe of Rishi, slaughtered the Wookies of Kashyyyk, and are currently slaughtering anyone on Rodia who does not agree to follow them. Soldiers, civilians, it doesn't matter.

We'll be fighting to protect those unfortunate enough to be outside of Alliance space if the idea is to ally with them or turn their attention to the Sith. There are already far too many deaths at their hands."

He paused before glancing to the droid again. Motioned to the controls.

".. Which one ends..?"

Another button press, and he was silenced. Hopefully that wouldn't make a problem.

Auteme Auteme | Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav | Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce | @Senate

Ruto Tane sat in his pod, surrounded by the hum of conversation as the Senators filled their seats in the grand Senate Building. Chancellor Auteme's opening statement filled the chamber, and Ruto listened intently to her words. The news of the Mandalorian Enclave's attacks on Rodia was troubling indeed, and he could sense the tension in the room as the Chancellor suggested the possibility of negotiations with the Mandalorians.

As Jedi Shield Kahlil Noble took the floor, Ruto watched with curiosity as the Jedi seemed unsure of the controls. A small smile played on Ruto's lips as he saw the droid assisting the Jedi with the buttons, a testament to the diversity of beings present in the Senate. As Noble's speech unfolded, Ruto's expression turned serious. The Jedi's account of the Mandalorians' brutal actions sent a shiver down his spine, and he couldn't help but feel the weight of responsibility to protect the innocent lives at risk.

When the droid signaled that Noble's speech had concluded, Ruto took a deep breath and rose from his seat. As the Senate's attention turned to him, he steadied his voice and began to speak. "Chancellor Auteme, esteemed Senators, and fellow delegates, I stand here today with deep concern for the situation at hand. While I understand the Chancellor's inclination to seek negotiations and find a peaceful resolution, we must not forget the gravity of the Mandalorians' actions."

He glanced towards the Jedi, a sense of respect for their dedication to protecting lives evident in his eyes. "I commend Jedi Shield Kahlil Noble for bringing to light the atrocities committed by the Mandalorians. We cannot ignore the lives lost and the suffering inflicted upon innocent beings. It is our duty to protect those who cannot defend themselves."

Ruto paused, gathering his thoughts. "However, I must respectfully oppose the idea of forming an alliance with the Mandalorians. They have shown a disregard for life and a thirst for conquest that we cannot ignore. Instead, I propose that we respond to their aggression with strong economic sanctions, limiting their resources and disrupting their ability to fuel further raids."

He scanned the room, his gaze locking with that of Chancellor Auteme. "War should always be the last resort, but we must be prepared to defend ourselves and our allies if necessary. Economic pressure, combined with diplomatic efforts, may offer a more effective path towards deterring further violence. Let us seek unity and a common front against the Mandalorian aggression while upholding the values of justice and peace that the Galactic Alliance represents."

As he finished speaking, Ruto could feel the weight of the moment, knowing that the fate of countless lives rested on the decisions made within these hallowed walls. He hoped his words would resonate with his fellow Senators and that they would find a way to address the threat posed by the Mandalorian Enclave while preserving the principles of their democratic alliance.

Sonya wasn't going to miss this. Of course now would be the time the Mandalorians decide to quench their bloodthirst. The peacetime following the end of the war with the Maw was always going to come to an end one day, but it seemed that the galaxy was hell bent on compounding problems, rather than easing them back into reality.

Truth be told, Sonya was expecting something a little more unanimous. But right out of the gate, she was disheartened by the Chancellor's response. Then, impressed by the Jedi's. The Montitian waited her turn to speak, "Respectfully, I find the idea that we should even consider any sort of alliance with the Enclave to be a betrayal of our ideals. We have made many compromises over the years, plenty I already don't agree with. But this? This is a line we decisively cannot cross. Unless we intend to show our bellies to every sufficiently powerful warmonger who crosses our path?"

"I understand the desire to avoid a three-front war. And I would not seek it in our current state. But an alliance is decidedly not a condemnation. It's not even apathy. It is tacitly rewarding their hateful actions. And if we truly hold ourselves to any sort of moral standard, we cannot in good conscience consider anything of the sort."
She looked around at the gathered faces, and inhaled deeply. What she was about to say might not be what some her fellow senators were ready to hear, "I am of the mind that the Mandalorians are no better than Sith. Trading out dark powers and lightsabers, for beskar armor and heavy ordnance. They are killers, because it is their way, to kill. Power, conquest, bloodshed."

"The time has come, and frankly already came thousands of years ago, that we must stop treating the Mandalorians as a culture of honorbound tradition. And start treating them as violent, genocidal oppressors."

"Which is to say, without tolerance."

"For now, I agree that strong economic and politic sanctions are our best move. A formal denunciation of their atrocities, too, for whatever good it will do,"
Not that the Mandalorians were going to care what a bunch of Alliance politicians had to say, "Either way, we must be prepared for the possibility of war. They will likely be hungry for excuses to make a new enemy, if the current sequence of events is any indicator."

"But we can't do nothing. And we certainly can't stoop to cooperation."
Sonya stepped back, and sighed, relinquishing her time.

Last edited:

Horcull Thorwel

H
Infamous amongst his peers in the Senate, being a contrarian in hopes his words would influence the targeted audience he focused on outside and inside the Senate. Sewing Imperial aligned values as the honorable Senator of Carida had a hidden past as an agent of the declining Empire. Now another chance presented itself to not only continue that front, but also attack the Jedi and hope his words would twist the public in having a dislike for them.

“Honorable Senators,” the old man began towards his fellow peers, “it should not be a concern to us of what is happening to these backwater systems that are not members of this body. There are other pressing matters than to worry about these…barbarians pillaging hapless worlds. Strengthen our borders, but not provoke them.”

“However, Master Jedi,”
focusing his attention to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , “am I correct that the New Jedi Order are engaging with the Mandalorians?”

Should Kahlil answer honestly, then the disguised Imperial would spring what he had thought up to attack the reputation of the New Jedi Order.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh ab- Okay when I talk hit the button for me. Please."

Kahlil let out a sign a she glanced to the droid, who promptly pressed the button. Then he cleared his throat.

"Absolutely. The Enclave has already taken a Padawan hostage, and currently Master Valery is with a delegation to both try to stop their efforts on Rodia and rescue the child that had been taken."

Horcull Thorwel | Auteme Auteme | Sonya Provost Sonya Provost | Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav | Ruto Tane Ruto Tane | Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce

Horcull Thorwel

H
Music to his ears. It was enough for the Senator to make a public display of the Jedi as he readied his words for Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

“And did you not think to consult with the Senate or the Chancellor before making this decision within the walls of your temple? You act without thought to know what great consequences this will bring to the Galactic Alliance. Although your Order is separate from the Senate, you and your companions still reside within and, inadvertently, represent the Galactic Alliance.”

“This is a grave misstep you’ve taken; a step over the line of whatever trust we have in your religion. You act without checks and balances. You Jedi think you have the power to act above all else just to fulfill yourselves and your visions. You act almost like mere vigilantes.”

“Or am I not wrong to presume this from what we’ve heard so far? This abuse of power you and your Jedi have must desist for the good of this Alliance.”

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh, no. You're mostly right. The Jedi do not answer to the Senate, or the Chancellor. We knew right away that any action on our part would still represent, in some way, the Alliance. If you gotta denounce us for doing as we always have and always will; helping those who can't help themselves; that's your choice. I'm here because we sent a small delegation to Rodia, not the full Order in a declaration of war, to work with you."

Kahlil shrugged nonchalantly. He at least recognized an attempt to batter the Jedi, but he was truly aweful when it came to politics.

"We will always send aid to those who need it, be they Alliance or not."

Horcull Thorwel

Tag: Auteme Auteme Sonya Provost Sonya Provost Horcull Thorwel Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce Ruto Tane Ruto Tane Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav

Rens Ahim had to resist the urge to sign for the thousandth time. He had been sick for weeks and still wasn't in the best shape as evident by paleness in his skin and weariness in the eyes. Yet he refused to miss this emergency session unlike the last one.

The hard fought peace has shattered. He quietly admitted to himself.

His children and trillions more now live under the shadow of new chaos. He sat back during most of the opening until willing himself to get up. Getting his pod to float off from its position and descend, Bestine's senator joined the conversation.

"I too vote against any motion for an alliance with the Enclave on moral grounds. Also we had allied with them before in the past and now they blame us with accusations of abandonment for their own failings despite claims of being self-sufficient warriors."

Coughing for a few seconds he went on.

"I additionally support the motion to condemn the Enclave as galactic aggressors and tyrants but not the entire Mandalorian culture. Despite the large following the Enclave has, there are many other Mandalorians scattered throughout the galaxy who have nothing to do with what has happened. We can't condemn all Mandalorians for one group’s crimes. We would be playing into the Enclave's hands by outlawing all members of the culture and I for one do not want to give those murderous zealots that satisfaction. Outlaw the Enclave in all of the Alliance territories but no further."

Sighing as he felt new weariness, Rens forced himself to continue.

"As for sanctions against the Enclave I will support such measures but we must make sure they become effective and not toothless gestures. Because the Enclave will just scoff at this and simply take it out on more worlds for their resources and to spite us. Furthermore I too recommend increasing patrols at our borders and advocate for defensive mobilization efforts in those regions."

Last edited:

H9JKu8a.jpg

div-orange.png

Kel couldn’t hide the frown on his face. It was no secret that the Bothan was fond of the Jedi and their contributions to the Alliance. Warmongering Sith do not discriminate between enemies of the Dark Side and the innocents of the Alliance; Both Jedi and average citizen alike were the target, and as Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble had said, the Jedi stand ready to defend all.

But as much as he hated to admit it, Horcull Thorwel was painfully justified in his address. Once again, Kel moved to speak.

“Senator Thorwel raises a valid point, Master Jedi.”

The Bothan turned his feline eyes to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble now, conflicted but realized.

“I understand the Jedi are bound to defend those in need, but it is also true that the New Jedi Order are an extension of the greater Galactic Alliance. You fight under our banner, whether intentionally or not. There is no denying this. When you strike, you do so with the full weight of this Alliance… whether it is sanctioned, or not.”

“It is unfortunate that Rodia lays beyond our jurisdiction, and even more so that they have fallen under fire during such strenuous times for the Alliance. We are on the precipice of war with a far greater evil than the Mandalorian tribes. One we have already faced before, now resurgent in their cause. Even as we speak, we struggle to accommodate the refugees of worlds battered by the Sith.”

His thoughts turned to Alicio Organa Alicio Organa and Alderaan. He swallowed hard, blinking as he looked to the rest of the assembly.

“Battling the Mandalorians directly is not a course of action we can afford. If the actions of the Jedi would cause a war that the rest of us must fight, it should become the business of the Alliance to sanction them.”

The words felt bitter in his mouth. Controlling the Jedi was something he’d never supported, but with this unexpected delegation engaging the Mandalorians on Rodia, Kel could hardly argue in the complete autonomy of the Order. At least when it came to brandishing blades and sparking unnecessary wars.

It was painful - despicable, even - that a world should be left to its own devices. But when staring down the barrel of a gun… or in this case, crimson lightsabers… the Alliance must come first.

Kel retook his seat, easing down with more weight on his shoulders that he first arrived with.

Horcull Thorwel

H
All the Jedi did was dig his own grave with every word he uttered. One could interpret Kahlil as arrogant for not understanding what is at stake. To his own fortune, the honorable Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav acknowledged Horcull’s argument and agreed with its merits. A a sly smirk formed from the corner of Horcull’s face before engaging with Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble after the Bothan yielded the floor.

“I simply denounce the arrogance which has bred a reckless behavior in your Jedi Order, Master Noble. A behavior which endangers our nation as this will only give a reason for the Mandalorians to target us for raids and other attacks. And if they do attack, the blood of the innocent will be on your hands. All because of your ego that needs to be sated.”

“In fact, I believe we must do something to neuter this unchecked power you Jedi have. This cannot go on and I implore to my fellow delegates of this honorable Senate to do something about this issue. The Jedi invading the jurisdiction of other powers we are neutral with will only invite war to our doorsteps.”

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It might be the system here, but I think you're mishearing something. We did not strike out at the Mandalorians. We sent a few to help those on Rodia. We do not serve you or the senate at large. We are allies. We follow your rules within Alliance space out of respect to this body, even when there is clear corruption. I am here today out of respect."

Kahlil paused, staring directly at Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav with a simple, calm smile.

"I am here to tell you, the Senate, what we are going to do in a hopes to work with you against a people who've let their honor become an excuse for atrocities. We will protect the people in the crossfire, even if they don't fall under this establishment, because it is the right thing to do. You all have that same choice, though I can already tell there are some of you who'd rather try and take control of the Jedi than help the people being burned alive."

Horcull Thorwel | @Senate

Tags: Auteme Auteme Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Horcull Thorwel Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce Ruto Tane Ruto Tane Sonya Provost Sonya Provost Rens Ahim Rens Ahim

An emergency session to discuss the latest barbarism of the Mandalorians and the actions of the Jedi to try and curb that aggression had been called, and while the debate had begun, she was sitting quietly in the Arkanian delegation's pod and simply listening. Her own personal fathier in the race in regard to Mandalorians was that the only good Mando was a dead Mando, but she couldn't very well speak that eloquently enough for the Senate.

She didn't fault the Jedi for trying to deal with the issue at Rodia or Kashyyyk, especially when a Padawan had been taken captive. That would always attract the attention of the Order, and at least Kahlil was making an effort to provide some point of contact with the Senate about the Jedi task force sent to retrieve the captive. And she was not surprised that some members of this body would use the opportunity to turn it back on the Jedi and try and muzzle them.

Reviewing the options thus far proposed to avoid outright war, glancing down at the datapad that was set to notation mode, none of them would be truly effective or matter to this newly emerging Mandalorian threat. Economic sanctions on a force that was raiding and taking whatever resources they wanted and not exactly establishing trade relations would be toothless at best. Decrying them officially as warmongers or tyrants or whatever adjective might be proposed wouldn't stop their behavior. It might get some chuckles from Kestri, but that was about it. An alliance was out of the question, and redirecting them towards Sith-controlled worlds had a number of issues as well. No easy options for the Alliance in this matter, but then the armor-wearing warriors had always been that third weight to throw off the scales.

She flipped the switch to speak after Thorwel finished, but respectfully waited until after Master Noble responded, before saying, "Master Noble and the Jedi Order are well within their rights to intervene, especially to protect and save one of their own. The current charter of Alliance does not restrict the Jedi from doing such, and I would remind my fellow colleagues that such discussions should be referred to the sub-committee this body established for Jedi relations and potential oversight before attempting to change the debate in front of this body towards the actions of the Jedi instead of the Mandalorians."

She paused, looking over towards where Kahlil was before turning her gaze towards the rest of the Senate.

"To the matter of the business at hand, we have few options that are attractive or would even be effective. Sanctions do not matter to raiders, and I do not believe that the current leadership of the Enclave even has trade relations with us or any other galactic faction at the moment. I'm sure that information can be provided if I am incorrect. An alliance is out of the question for a host of reasons, and decrying their actions is not going to do anything to stop them. Redirecting them towards Sith-occupied worlds could create even greater hardship for those already suffering, something I would think this body would find unconscionable, and it is not even a guarantee that the Mandalorians would even care to listen to us that the resurgent Sith are the real threat."

Not yet, but soon enough.

"The Enclave is yet to be reformed into a proper galactic power again. From what we've heard they are trying to rebuild their strength and recruit, to try and re-establish themselves, and perhaps it would be wiser to support the Jedi in their efforts to bring this more destructive strain of Mandalorians under control now before these marauders gain the strength to actually challenge the Alliance."

Last edited:

H9JKu8a.jpg

div-orange.png

“You all have that same choice, though I can already tell there are some of you who'd rather try and take control of the Jedi than help the people being burned alive."

Kel was on his feet and moving once again to the center of the rotunda, speaking well before his pod had come to a full stop.

“This is not a discussion about the morality of protecting Rodia or Kashyyyk from the Mandalorians, Master Noble. I do not think a single member of this body would refuse to aid those in need, were we in a different position than what are in now. These Sith mongrels are burning Alliance worlds and herding our people like cattle. War is already on our doorstep,” he said, cutting eyes to Horcull Thorwel as he spoke.

“This is not the time to be saviors. Not while our own are suffering, and not when it opens a third front in what will already be a long and treacherous war with the Sith.”

Ruto Tane's frustration simmered beneath the surface as he listened to Senator Kel's impassioned response. He couldn't help but feel aggravated by the notion that the Galactic Alliance was incapable of confronting the Mandalorians head-on. Rising from his seat, he made his way to the center of the rotunda, his voice firm and unwavering.

"Respected Senator Kel, I understand your concerns, but we must not underestimate the strength and capabilities of the Galactic Alliance," Ruto began, addressing the Senator directly. "Our united core worlds possess vast economic resources and military might. We stand as a beacon of strength and solidarity against any threat that may come our way."

He held his gaze on Kel, his tone assertive. "The Mandalorians may be formidable adversaries, but they are not invincible. We must not let fear dictate our actions and cloud our judgment. War is indeed upon us, and I agree that we must prioritize the defense of our own people. But that does not mean we turn a blind eye to the suffering of others."

Ruto took a moment to gather his thoughts before continuing. "We have faced great challenges in the past, and each time, we have risen above them. The Galactic Alliance is a symbol of unity and resilience. It is our duty, as representatives of our worlds, to stand together and support those in need."

He turned his attention to the entire assembly, his voice carrying determination. "Let us not forget the strength of our unity. We possess the means to confront the Mandalorian threat head-on and protect both Rodia and Kashyyyk. We do not need to be saviors, but we can be allies, standing shoulder to shoulder with those facing the brunt of this aggression."

Ruto's eyes locked with Senator Kel's, a mix of determination and defiance in his expression. "War may be treacherous, but we cannot shy away from it when the safety and freedom of our people are at stake. I implore my fellow Senators to consider our capabilities, to trust in the strength of the Galactic Alliance, and to stand firm against those who seek to undermine our unity."

Tag: Ruto Tane Ruto Tane Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce Auteme Auteme Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav Horcull Thorwel Elizie Athacorr Elizie Athacorr Sonya Provost Sonya Provost @Senate

Rens rubbed the side of his head with the right hand. The headache was getting worse. As the discussion raged on the more grieved he became. In his heart the Mon Calamari feared a multiple sided war was going to happen no matter what they say or do here in the senate. He thought sadly to himself.

My nephew in the navy was saved by Mandalorians during the battle of Ilum against the Empire. Yet that was then this is now. I'll do my best to honor the memory of those warriors who died beside our troops in the last war but that gratitude doesn't extend to their crusadering bethern now. They're proving themselves little different than the Maw, who killed their Quartermaster.

With all his heart he wished it didn't come for this but there seemed to be little choice now. The more he thought about it the more Rens realized sanctions and political statements are toothless before a radicalized horde. Whether it is the Jedi's fault or not, the Enclave will not be satisfied by anything the Galactic Alliance does other than their complete subjection or destruction.

"If war with the Enclave is truly inevitable then we must ready with full mobilization across our Alliance in addition to the preparations against the Sith."

May the force with them all. Coughing some more, Senator Rens cleared his throat and asked Khalil.

"Master Noble, how was the padawan mentioned earlier taken hostage by the Enclave in the first place? I am not asking for their name but any available information on what brought about their capture exactly. I do hope your padawan is well and will be freed soon but please tell us what you know about it.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom