Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [GA Senate] Broken Bonds - Mandalorian Crisis

Thank Ashla for these pods, or else Senators would have started throwing fists. Larr grinned from behind his martini glass.

That would certainly have been more entertaining than all this political grandstanding and needling. The Senator of Denon was content to let it all play out in front of him. He didn't care about the Mandalorians, or the Sith, or who was slaughtering who in whatever quadrant. Rishi and Kashyyyk could burn and it wouldn't make a difference; they weren't in the Alliance's sphere of influence.

However.

There was still the matter of the Jedi girl who'd been caught red-handed in Enclave territory. If they didn't handle this delicately, it would look as though the Alliance shot first.

His face soured as they strayed from the topic at hand and into curbing the Jedi's power. For what it was worth, Balthus agreed with Senators Horcull Thorwel and Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav ; in the underworld, runners who moved too far out of line were punished. But the Jedi had leverage and could be used as a tool to great effect. Larr leaned forward and pressed his comm button.

"Quit your blithering, old man. Yeah, the Jedi fu—misbehaved. If you want to put them on a leash, fine, but call your own meeting. You're distracting the chamber with this nonsense."

His gaze sharpened for a moment. The Senator knew a rat when he saw one, because Larr was a rat himself.

"We've no business meddling in the affairs of other galactic powers when the Alliance faces a new crisis every week. With that in mind, I move to support our chancellor; open up communications with the Enclave and figure out how to pacify them for the time being. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't be prepared to blast them back to the stone age if they set an unauthorized foot in Alliance territory."

Larr settled back into his chair, lit up a fragrant cigarra, and watched the talking heads blabber on. He had a date tonight and this emergency meeting was cutting into his prep time.

Last edited:
CC-Express-20211230-1313590-23524539208052164.png

Objective: To discuss the mandalorian problem
Tags: Rens Ahim Rens Ahim Ruto Tane Ruto Tane Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce Auteme Auteme Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav Horcull Thorwel Elizie Athacorr Elizie Athacorr Sonya Provost Sonya Provost

Background-Eraser-20220313-133301466.jpg
The Senator for Constancia lamented at yet another galactic tyrant that appeared to be rearing its head to the far east it felt as soon as the Mawite problem was ending, the Imperials were acting up, now the Mandalorian Enclave had returned and were causing problems for neutral worlds, she had heard terrible stories about the Enclave, but was also aware of the part they played in the Tython accords.

The red haired constancian pressed her button and heard the familiar click of the microphone. "Dearest Senators of the Alliance, I would start by saying that the appalling actions of the Mandalorian Enclave have been formally condemned by the Government of Constancia. These are not fit allies.

I stand by the sentiments of my honorable friends who remind us that Rodia and Kashyyyk are not Alliance worlds. I myself would support actions to defend those worlds from Mandalorians, but only if those independent worlds invite us as allies. I would propose a formal offer from this chamber be sent to planets in the affected space. Make this and offer of defensive support, we do not need another war, and a defensive presence of even a small number of Alliance forces may deter escalation with the Enclave."
She stopped for a moment, whilst the old blocs had been dissolved, she was still a concordist and allowing the neutrals to choose their own level of intervention by the Alliance served her conscience most effectively.

"On the matter of the Jedi, I have a great deal of respect for Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble 's oralganisation, and I have no doubt that they will do everything they can to avoid escalation. I do feel though that this situation raises an important point, they are not of the Alliance, but are widely considered representative of us.

The common soldier act allows the formation of private armies, but prevents them from acting unilaterally outside of our borders. This broadly prevents excessively powerful individuals from conducting military actions that may appear to be on behalf of the Alliance. Perhaps it is due time that the Jedi are covered by such laws?"
she shrugged internally, honestly she was tired of debating the reach of the Jedi. There was certain allowances made for them, if the resurgent Sith Empire ever became the existential threat that the Maw was, it would do the Alliance no favours to have chased them away with excessive red tape.

"The Jedi Order," Dracken said, his pod floating forward to a speaking position, "Are the saviors of the last three generations. Time and time again they have saved us from the likes of the Sith, the Bryn'adul, the Brotherhood of the Maw. The Mandalorians have always been a wild card. In my youth during the days of the Republic they controlled much of what was recently Imperial Space and threatened to destroy us. Then, I think they could have managed it." He looked up to the Chancellor's pod and the pod of the Jedi delegation.

"I do not think they could manage it now. Two short and bloody Civil Wars, and betrayal by the Sith have befallen them since the fall of Ra Viszla. With the Sith's return, respectfully Master Noble, I think of the two threats the Sith will always be more prevalent for your order to focus on and with that I am sure you will have the Alliance's support." He turned to Senator Callisto.

"I wrote that law during the days of heaviest fighting against the Maw. Its purpose was to keep our worlds safe in defense. Inducting the Jedi Order into such a category as a Volunteer Soldier Corps would require them to be fully under the command of the Galactic Alliance Defense Force - which I am sure they would not like to see happen again."

"This is a complicated issue Master Noble. Yes, the Jedi Order does not fall under the jurisdiction of the Office of the Chancellor as it has in the past, however, the Jedi are not a militarized force. You do not have the numbers to fight a sustained war with the Mandalorians, nor do you have the material or personnel to account for logistics, transport, or support on your own. So whether you like it or not, your Order's insistence on fighting the Mandalorians will put Alliance lives at risk by dragging us into this conflict should it continue to grow out of hand. It is a dangerous path in war to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. Millions of lives are in the balance."
Dracken opened his arms wide, hands outstretched to the senate.

"You may not take orders from us, but you do represent us. Usually the best of us. And while I'm sure there are dozens of commanders and maybe even an admiral or two who would drop everything to aid you in your fight understand that by doing so stubbornly without the Senate's full support will only hurt your war effort in the long run. Let's pump the air brakes a bit and let the Mandalorians settle. We need to properly assess the situation. You are not the only ones concerned with their activity. Much of it has disrupted Corellian trade down the Corellian Run. You may not adhere to our chain of command but the Order is still adherent to our laws- and starting a war? Well," he shrugged.

"It is not about control. It is a very real worry for the people we have all taken oaths to represent and protect. Though the number of lives under our care are fewer than yours, you must take this into account when putting these people at risk."

As the voices in the Senate chamber echoed, Ruto Tane stepped forward, projecting an air of diplomacy and wisdom. "Esteemed colleagues, I hear both sides of this debate, and it is essential that we find a solution that respects the Jedi's autonomy while addressing the need for coordination within our Galactic Alliance. The Common Soldier Corps Act has proven its value during times of conflict, but we must recognize that the Jedi Order's role extends far beyond mere soldiers. I agree with the author of the act and the Honorable Member for Corellia that the aforementioned law does not apply to the New Jedi Order."

He turned his attention to the Senator for Constancia and acknowledged her concerns. "Senator, I appreciate your commitment to our collective safety, and I share the belief that cooperation and oversight are vital for the well-being of our alliance. However, we must tread carefully and respect the unique nature of the Jedi's connection to the Force and their ancient traditions."

"My alternative proposal is the establishment of a Joint Council for Peace and Defense. This council would include representatives from both the Galactic Alliance and the Jedi Order, working together to share information, assess threats, and jointly plan strategies for the defense of our worlds. It would serve as a platform for open communication and collaboration, ensuring that we harness the expertise of the Jedi while respecting their independence."

Ruto continued, "Moreover, let us draft a Memorandum of Understanding between the Galactic Alliance and the Jedi Order. This document will outline the mutual commitment to cooperation and support in times of crisis. It will emphasize that the Jedi are allies, not subordinates, and that their assistance will be offered on a voluntary basis, driven by their dedication to peace and justice."

"In this way, we can strike a balance between cooperation and autonomy, recognizing the vital role of the Jedi as protectors of the galaxy while also ensuring that our alliance can act swiftly and united in the face of threats. This approach will strengthen the bond between our two entities and reaffirm our shared commitment to safeguarding the welfare of all our worlds," Ruto concluded, offering an alternative path that aimed to find common ground and harmony in the Galactic Alliance.

Of course someone took the opportunity to turn this into Jedi fearmongering. Not that Sonya could even say it was totally unjustified. There was a chance of real consequences on the wider Alliance. But her stance was already clear, and more in line with the Order's actions. She actually snorted when Balthus unceremoniously lashed out at the imperialist for switching the narrative. It was funny to see someone on the other side of the aisle acting how she often desired to. Perhaps the one and only time she would agree with him on something, "Well, if we're going to veer the conversation this way— Jedi did as they have always done. For tens of thousands of years they have been protectors of peace. Did anyone here really expect them to just stand aside while one of their own was captured? The potential ramifications can't be ignored, this is true. But it is something we have consigned ourselves to after such a tenured cooperation with the Jedi Order."

"Many times this body has expressly desired to distance the Jedi from Alliance politics. But when they decide to act on their own, we bemoan its reflection on us and seek to control them. We cannot have it both ways. Stand by the Jedi, or don't. You want to keep them among our ranks? Forcing them into servitude won't solve anything. You want them out? Toss them aside, and see where it gets us."

"Our relationship is not perfect. But I don't think we have any solutions that are better."
Truth be told, Sonya liked the involvement of a group that didn't have to answer to bureaucracy. A group that was, on the whole, dedicated to righteous causes. They had their missteps, the same as anyone else, but at the end of the day she trusted their commitment more than this entire chamber of senators'. "Unless you'd like to be stuck in a three front war without the Jedi at our side."

The pod for Alderaan floated ominously to the center of the room, joining the orbit of the others. Alicio looked particularly gaunt and grim today, which was saying something, considering his commonly dark demeanor. But his eyes were as icy as ever, as he found the chance to jump in, attempting to cut through the veiled complexities.

"People are dying." He spit out the fact as if he were gargling vinegar. "And our inaction does nothing but give the crusaders permission to continue."

The Alderaanian senator was obviously done mincing words. Amani Serys Amani Serys , his wife, was risking her life on Rodia now, and Alliance representatives were arguing to sit back, and let Mandalorian Iron crush more systems. He realized he was far too compromised to speak on the Jedi matters brought up today, but this, he could debate. The usually-peaceful senator spared a glance at Ruto Tane Ruto Tane . He'd never sat down with the man, but it seemed their opinions ran parallel today.

"The Enclave had a meteoric rise in recent weeks, yes, but it's still a new government. It's infrastructure hasn't had time to take root, and the current power base is still consolidating. But every planet they sack, the more supply lines they create, the stronger they become, and the more legitimate their threat is." Despite the venom in his tone, the ghostly form of the Count was deathly still. "If we only give them a slap on the wrist, then they are free to pounce on us either after we are fatigued with wars against the Sith, or during them."

"So do we wait for that to happen, or do we destabilize them now, while their roots are shallow and the soil is loose?"

Finally, the Count sighed, showing a moment of lessened tension. "I'm not opposed to a meeting with the Enclave's leaders, if only to gain more information, but we cannot yield our values as a nation."

"People are dying."

Last edited:

H9JKu8a.jpg

div-orange.png

Kel sighed. Every argument had its merits, and each one they brought forth painted a new perspective that made a singular course of action that much harder to narrow down. But in the end, one thing was certain: One way or another, the Enclave had to be dealt with. And as Alicio Organa Alicio Organa had put it, was it worth the effort to put them down now? Or wait and risk a surprise attack when they're fighting in the trenches on Sith worlds in the Outer Rim? He let out a breathy sigh, his brows furrowed in frustrated thought. When the moment arrived, he pushed his pod to the open floor.

"The matter of reprimanding the Jedi for their actions on Rodia must be overlooked for the time being," Kel said almost apologetically. He'd cast his support to the Jedi since the beginning of his career, and he dreaded that they made it so easy to turn against them now.

"This emergency regards only the Enclave, their crimes against Rodia, Kashyyyk, and Rishi, and what we're willing to do for three systems who are independent of our Alliance. Merit and honor demand we intervene, by words if we can or with swords if we must. Pragmatism would see us conserve our strength for the real threat, the Sith. As I said before to Master Noble, there appears to be no one here that would choose to let the peoples suffer any more than they must."

"If that means sacrificing Alliance lives to see through, however, we must ensure that our efforts are not in vain. What good is it, after all, to save these worlds, only for us to fail in halting the Sith war machine?"

He looked to the Chancellor now, hoping her attache of logisticians would be able to shed more light on their situation.

"Madame Chancellor, do we possess the capability to defend these worlds from the Mandalorians without compromising the security of the Alliance? And if so, are we in a position to form a defence pact between ourselves and the peoples of Rodia, Kashyyyk, and Rishi? One that would see us in a state of mutual obligiation to withstand the tides of war when they come crashing in?"

o9OqbpJ.png

Tag: Auteme Auteme | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce | Ruto Tane Ruto Tane | Sonya Provost Sonya Provost | Horcull Thorwel | Rens Ahim Rens Ahim | Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav

The Senator from Fondor was usually content to remain silent during these types of meetings. Too often they reminded him of his time as Viceroy in the Confederacy's legislature. Self-important politicians preening, echoing each other's thoughts but believing them to be unique ideas. The self-righteousness he loathed, but he could at least admit that he was far from any different. But business needs demanded that he at least be present to advocate for Fondor's interests, and by extent those of Roble Manufacturing. At least he was making good credits.

Alban rose from his own pod, drawn in enough by the debate to speak. "What my colleagues are trying to say," he began, addressing the Senator of Montitia, "is that if this relationship with the Jedi is going to continue to work, we'd appreciate it if they didn't go starting new wars with out least asking us first."

"I mean, have any of ever worked with Mandalorians? Spoken with one?"
He looked around the chamber. The question was rhetorical; most of these senators rarely left the comfort of their high-rise offices. Alban sure didn't, unless it was to make a trip to the yards or Project StarForge. But he'd had the fortune of working alongside -- more selling too -- Mandalorians for quite a while now and felt he had a realistic appraisal of their culture. "If you had, you would know that by sending a squad of Jedi to "help" on Rodia," he emphasized his sarcasm with air quotes, "then this discussion's been rendered entirely irrelevant. I'm willing to lay down a million credits right now that the Jedi and Mandalorians are already fighting as we speak. And if that's the case, then we have been at war with the Mandalorians from the moment the Jedi stepped foot on Rodia."

He placed his hands down on the curved railing of his pod. "Did they overstep their bounds? Sure, it's not like the Alliance has any jurisdiction in the Outer Rim yet. Have they dragged us into a war that we cannot afford, with the Sith Empire resurgent and brazenly broadcasting in our own capital?" He shrugged nonchalantly. "Possibly. I don't know. But I recommend a motion for the committees of Defense and Finance to meet immediately regarding these matters. Armies and fleets must be mobilized. And we must be able to pay for such armies and fleets. I can assure the senate today Fondor stands ready to meet the Alliance's financial and material needs." He sat back down. More like Fondor stands to make as many credits out of this conflict as it can, he thought. Alban was a businessman first and foremost, and while others paled at the mention of war or decried needless death, all Alban could see were profit hikes.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Master Noble, how was the padawan mentioned earlier taken hostage by the Enclave in the first place? I am not asking for their name but any available information on what brought about their capture exactly. I do hope your padawan is well and will be freed soon but please tell us what you know about it.”

"It's a question we have for our wayward Padawan. Were they just on a trip to try and help those currently at this moment being slaughtered by the Mandalorians? Did they just happen upon some Mandalorians?"

He paused, glancing about the senate chambers. This was.. Infuriating. They were here to talk about the people dying, but every other senator it seemed wanted to either blast the Jedi or find a way to defend and excuse them under the percipience of future discipline.

"Droid, how do you turn up the volume?"

"That is not an option."

"Of course it's not. Fine, whatever." He cleared his throat before once more turning to address this body that represented the leadership of such a massive section of the Galaxy.

"Or, perhaps senators, when the Council did not immediately act upon news of Kashyyyk and Rishi, our good Padawan thought we were too busy playing politics to actually help people. Perhaps, you have been voted into office legitimately or illegitimately, we of the Council hadn't immediately acted because we knew already how it would affect the Alliance. Perhaps I've already been in talks with the Chancellor about both the Sith threat and the Mandalorian threat. Perhaps, while you sit safely in your little offices we Jedi made a mistake; thinking about the political blowback of protecting people who can't protect themselves."

He took a breath, mostly to calm himself. This truly was infuriating.

"You sit there throwing up accusations that the Jedi have gone out of their way to declare war. We sent a delegation to Rishi. My wife, the Sword of the New Jedi Order and longtime friend of the Mandalorians. Amani Syres, Chief Healer of the New Jedi Order. The Master of the Padawan who had been taken. Four Jedi Knights and Masters alongside them to help share the burden of healing the Rodians. A total of seven people. Seven people, there currently to retrieve our Padawan and speak to the Mandalorians in a hope it won't escalate."

Another breath. Calm.

"The fact that the Orders actions would start a war shows how eager the Mandalorians would be to start it. If all it takes is seven people trying to save lives to end peace, then we were never in peace times. You can work with us or against us, or alongside us or whatever you feel is best for the Alliance, and I won't fault you for it. But the Jedi will never answer to one body of power or prioritize the lives of one above others."

This time he stared directly at Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce .

"We will never demand the sacrifice or assistance of those unwilling to give it. But there is no life worth more than another. We have the capabilities to help, and thus we should."

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Auteme Auteme | Alban Roble Alban Roble | Ruto Tane Ruto Tane | Sonya Provost Sonya Provost | Horcull Thorwel | Rens Ahim Rens Ahim | Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav | Elizie Athacorr Elizie Athacorr

Tags: Auteme Auteme Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Alban Roble Alban Roble Ruto Tane Ruto Tane Sonya Provost Sonya Provost Horcull Thorwel Rens Ahim Rens Ahim Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav

Well, this was turning interesting, she thought once she sat back down from saying her piece. While other Senators began replying, or in the case of others trying to reconcile their positions with how the debate was clearly flowing, she kept her gaze fixed on two points. The first was the Chancellor herself as she had remained silent throughout this affair since opening it to the floor and she was curious about how her thoughts. The second was, of course, the Jedi Master himself.

She wondered if this was the first time that Kahlil was actually seeing the Senate at work, up close that is, because it didn't take someone versed well in reading body language to see the frustration building. Here was a man that just wanted to do good, to help anyone that was suffering, and he was essentially being read the riot act by some Senators and seeing others wanting to take the process slowly to avoid a full war with the Mandalorians. But, the Senate and all its conflicting opinions, ideas, and people were part of what Kahlil was protecting. Would things be easier if the Alliance had less red tape or ideologies vying for airtime and influence? Oh most certainly.

Kahlil would have been right at home with Omai and Coren.

Then Senator Noble asked Master Noble about the Padawan, and the Jedi responded and let his frustrations become quite clear. There was a slight wince as he spoke since it was definitely blunter than one should be with the Senate, and she could see that Kahlil had not inherited a silver-tongue from his father.

Still, only seven people...

She turned on her microphone again to respond, "I think, my colleagues, that if the Mandalorians unleash a warpath towards us over the actions of seven people trying to just regain one of their own, and provide relief to a people suffering, regardless of if they fall under our banner or not, then they fully intend worse actions towards us regardless. We likely don't need to mobilize the whole of the Alliance military to deal with them, yet, but a response fleet could likely be spared from preparations against the Sith to help."

Plus, in her private opinion, the only good Mandalorian was a deceased one.

"Master Noble, has your wife or any of your delegation any intelligence on the size of the Mandalorian presence on Rodia?" she asked.

Hovik Vaiken

H

kuat2senate.png

The Iron Senator of Foerost
M.B.R Of Expansionist Steward Faction

Foerost Pod, Senate Building, Coruscant
div-red.png

Politics, Politics...The booming voices of her fellow legislators were pronounced everywhere in the rotunda, back and forth these bureaucrats argued. More conflict she thought, first the Sith now the Mandalorians; she sucked her teeth before rolling her eyes, nuisances, the Mandalorians were embracing their retro-expansionism and aligning themselves further and further from the Alliance, quite unfortunate she believed. They were great for dispatching political rivals.

The subject transitioned from the Mandalorian-Crisis to the Holy Jedi Order, the more clandestine Anti-Jedi Sentiment was pronouncing itself once more. Calista's feelings for the monks were neutral, they were no more then weapons.

"Here, Here!! The Honorable Senator of Fondor is correct, a motion for the committees of Defense & Finance to address this rising campaign is required in this moment of inevitable crisis. We must acknowledge our military-industrial complex capability, if it needs enhancement via production of ships, and capital from the member-states we must know. The Shipyards of Foerost & Banks stand ready to reinforce our bulwark." She cried out from her rotunda. Completely ignoring the Jedi argument for now, instead placing an emphasis on the industrial-complex and war, for Foerost although not a corporatist-state ran on a common Jingoist belief, the need for protecting its interest and expanding markets.

Pausing for a moment, she wiped her face as though a tear slid down her cheeks:
"We must face reality. WE, and I REPEAT, Do..Not...Want...The Mandalorian Blaster to become a Nuke, The religious-man to become ten-thousand crusaders. We must address this head-on, whether through diplomacy or force. We must prevent any propping up of any additional militaristic-states in regional territories." She exclaimed, placing an emphasis on Nuke and Crusaders.

"Let this threat go untouched and one-planet becomes two, one factory becomes ten, one armada becomes a dozen. All of the Mandalorians within' said Enclave I assume aren't advocating for Imperialist Foreign Policy, I suggest we reach out to those select few for diplomatic relations. If to no reply...Well...You are intelligent individuals, you understand the next motion in this inevitable crisis." Calista finished. Sitting back down in her pod; She aligned herself in a neutral-zone, advocating for potential diplomacy yet placing a primary ideal of a militant response to these crusaders.

Of course she'd profit from war but she didn't consider that the main-goal of her actions, her pockets were less important in comparison to the average citizen's of Foerost pockets. In times of crisis, and buildup of armed forces, Industries receive Contracts from the National-Government; first the Sith now the Mandalorian, it was inevitable and Calista was hopeful that there'd be an enhancement of the Alliance's Armed Forces, she wanted her people to fill their pockets.

div-red.png
Auteme Auteme | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce | Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Alban Roble Alban Roble | Ruto Tane Ruto Tane | Sonya Provost Sonya Provost | Horcull Thorwel | Rens Ahim Rens Ahim | Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav | Elizie Athacorr Elizie Athacorr

Senator Organa spoke up at last. Like the Jedi, Sonya found a genuine merit in him that was rare in others. And so she was immediately inclined to what he had to say. A push for conflict was atypical of the peaceful Alderaanian, but he saw the writing on the wall, the same as she did. The Mandalorians were a threat. While the Senate twiddled their thumbs, people were suffering.

"Madame Chancellor, do we possess the capability to defend these worlds from the Mandalorians without compromising the security of the Alliance? And if so, are we in a position to form a defence pact between ourselves and the peoples of Rodia, Kashyyyk, and Rishi? One that would see us in a state of mutual obligiation to withstand the tides of war when they come crashing in?"

"Too little, too late, I'd wager," The Mandalorians had already subjugated the locals, or were in the process of doing so. Alicio, and a few others, brought up worthwhile points, "I concur with Senator Athacorr. If the Enclave is willing to ignite a war over one padawan, then they are already looking for any excuse they can latch onto."

"And truth be told, if we're going to be pulled into conflict with them regardless, then frankly it's better to just rip off the bandage now. Because as the others have pointed out, the Mandalorians are still reestablishing their strength. If we choose to keep ignoring the problem simply because it doesn't affect us now, it is going to become our problem, a far worse one at that, in the near future."

Sonya shrugged, "Nobody wants to be in this position. But it is the price of being the leaders of galactic democracy. Be willing to pay it, or start looking into a new line of work, I say." The Alliance was the biggest superpower in the galaxy, and the biggest proponent of peaceful unification. Others looked to them for guidance. And if they chose to wash their hands of this mess before ever getting their hands dirty, then faith would waver. Influence would waver. And the Alliance would be looking down the barrel of a much bigger gun, once the Enclave was on its feet.

Horcull Thorwel

H
Bickering and more bickering by the minute. He was pleased to see the chaos of democracy unfolding with each opinion clashing with one another. The false promises of democracy controlled by those standing afloat in their pods. Many cried for a preemptive strike against the Mandalorians and while he did not mind another war all that mattered was battering the Jedi until they became outcasts in the eyes of the people.

Annoyed with Senator Balthus Larr Balthus Larr for his rudeness directed at Horcull, he remained focused on the offensive against the Jedi.

“The fate of this lone Padawan is their own doing,” he looked to the rest of his fellow colleagues before sneering at Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble . “By the looks of it, and you may correct me, this Padawan acted out without the permission of the Jedi Council and took matters into their own hands. It’s absurd that billions should be at risk all for the irresponsibility of one single Padawan.”

“How many more wars must we suffer all for the ego of the Jedi, my esteemed Senators? Their autonomy is a nuisance which undermines all that we have built tirelessly in the name of democracy. It’s quite insufferable not only to us, but to the brave men and women who sacrifice all for the defense of this Alliance.”

Senator @Ruto Tane’s proposal was a fair compromise between then Senate and the Jedi; an opportunity to push for said proposal as laws could always be amended in favor against the Jedi.

“I wonder for those who support the actions of the Jedi if you will stand side by side with our soldiers against a Mandalorian onslaught. Easier said for you all to support a war from the safety of your desks and not on a raging battlefield. As oppose to those who side with the Jedi and their supposed chivalry, I only look for what’s best for our soldiers and those who we represent.”

“If we should engage with another foreign power, it must be so because of the will of this Honorable Senate; not for the dogmatic antics of the Jedi.”

He looked to his colleagues with hopes of sympathizing with Horcull.

“In hopes of avoiding conflict with the Mandalorians, we should have a line of communication with their leaders and offer them the Jedi who are confronting them this instance. There’s no logic why the lives of seven Jedi should outweigh the lives of billions.”

post.png

Coruscant_Icon_6.png
CORUSCANT
Senate District

The threat of yet another war was looming beyond the borders of the Galactic Alliance. Evidently, the peace that had gone on for so long had been shattered and the void caused by it was rapidly being filled by violence and destruction from outside parties. Lila hated that the meetings to discuss such matters were becoming frequent now and despite being part of the Senate who made decisions on such matters, she felt powerless. It seemed as though no matter their efforts, more problems would just arise. She listened to her colleagues put forth their stances on the subject. Standing in her booth and looking out to other members of the Senate, she finally spoke up. "Whilst I understand that complacency will only lead to further bloodshed and devastation, dividing our attention between the Enclave and the rising Sith issue will end in peril. In the event that these groups decide to turn their attention towards Alliance territory, we would have to segregate defense from multiple directions. The Stygian Caldera is on opposing sides to Rodia and Rishi."

The Twi'lek turned her attention to the Chancellor Auteme Auteme . "Following on from the suggestion previously put forward by Senator Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav , are we any further along with developing a stronger alliance with the Rimward Trade League? I feel that with the growing severity of the threat we could face, having them as an ally would be vital." Despite the short time that she had been a member, Lila was beginning to learn the faces of her fellow senators and also how they thought. Some, she had not taken a liking to but she would not make that evident in conversation. She could tell that not all words were genuine and ulterior motives could be in play but that was the workings of politics and now the world that she found herself in.

"I implore the Senate to not meet this issue with violence so hastily when an understanding could be possible. I agree with the motion to negotiate with the Enclave to ascertain if there is a way to placate their endeavors before we turn to war that we cannot sustain. On the matter of the Jedi already entering the appropriated territory, it is to retrieve one of their own which I think is honorable and would hopefully be the action any of us take if those we cared about were in a similar position. Arguing over the actions of the Order is not why we are here today and should not distract us from the goal of this meeting." She yielded her place from the discussion, only now feeling the anxiety from the many eyes that were upon her. It would take a while before she felt she deserved her position but she hoped that her involvement would mean a favourable outcome for the galaxy.
ezgif-1-4704cfcd96.gif

Kahlil_Div2.png

So this was the trash that Alicio had to face every day in an effort to do his job?

Kahlil took a deep, long breath before pointedly glaring directly at Horcull Thorwel. As a boy, he'd long learned to keep his expression still and his emotions in check less they be used as a weapon to get him killed. But this farce?

"Senator.." He glanced to the droid beside him briefly, who spoke up for him.

"Senator Thorwel."

"Right. Senator Thorwel. You're talking an awful lot of shit for being someone sitting in the safety of your own office. The Jedi have neither sent an army to start a war, nor expect the Senate to choose to fight one. I am here today to work with the senate, as I've said, on not just the Mandalorian threat but the Sith threat. We will do what we must as Jedi, just as we expect you to do what you must as Senators, and we will not interfere with your work."

He paused.

"But I hope you realize this man just demanded this honorable senate betray not just my wife, but the wife of one of your esteemed colleagues. Both respected members of the Jedi Council. Both key figures in bringing the end of the war against the Maw and giving you the peace you've enjoyed thus far. If the senate decides that is their course of action, you will find yourself without the Jedi some of you so desperately seem to seek to control."

@Ugh tags I'm not doing it again you should have this on follow smh

Master Noble certainly cared about his fellow Jedi and the innocent even his lack of tact. Rens coughed some more, covering his mouth. This Jedi must think so little of the senate considering what he just said. Well in all fairness certain senators were taking advantage of this crisis to denounce his Order. The session continued and Hocuil called for the seven Jedi to be sacrificed to the Enclave. Rens narrowed his eyes in reaction.

Once Kahill fired back at that Rens followed suit.

"Absolutely not!! Whatever questions and disagreements we may have with each other I will never support a measure to hand over our allies to those who scalped Wookiee children for sport!”

As for the calls to try to reason with the Enclave he shook his head.

"Esteemed colleagues I'm afraid any attempt to reason with the Enclave is futile at this point. They will only rant with claims that we used them in the last war, justify their brutality on the innocent and make arrogant demands with no room for true negotiations. The fact that the Enclave forced the Jedi to meet them at Rodia for their captured padawan, the very world they’re raiding suggests no desire for peace. They want war, they want blood. If any of them have objections to this madness they have not done enough to stop it because their Enclave matters more to them than the rest of the galaxy.

Full mobilization of our Defense Force is necessary with both the resurgent Sith and now the Enclave's savage crusade."

Last edited:
In Your Own Flame
"Esteemed colleagues this, esteemed colleagues that." Interrupted the Nautolan senator, "At which point will we set aside these needless pleasantries and confront the truth of the matter? The Jedi acted without the will of the senate once, which resulted in capture, and now twice, which may very well result in war. This autonomy must come to an end before the people of the Galactic Alliance face further risk at the hand of poorly considered altruism."

"This could have been resolved through diplomatic means through official channels. A Jedi strike force sent to retrieve this learner ," he scoffed, "was a poor, ill-conceived plan. We must not tempt the Mandalorian people with the promise of conflict, though neither should we offer these Jedi up to the Mandalorian people as recompense. That's... absurd," Stel cast a brief look to Thorwel. "We must first try for peace, rather than come to regret the road not taken in the future."

"With respect, Master Jedi, can you dispute that the hasty actions of the Jedi, regardless of intent, are not to blame for these heightened tensions? Perhaps the Mandalorian people did wish war upon us, though this situation altogether was certainly avoidable from the start."

Marina Sularen

M

bDalrjN.png

div-red.png

"How refreshing to hear a voice of reason amidst the chaos," Marina said, smiling coyly at Horcull Thorwel as her pod came before the chambers. She aimed her steely gaze to the Shield of the Jedi.

"And how disappointing it is that the 'esteemed' Jedi delegate cannot maintain a modicum of respect for this assembly. Perhaps if a proper senatorial attache were sent to handle the Enclave instead of foul-mouthed, irresponsible Jedi, we wouldn't be in this predicament. It is no secret that the Mandalorians are reeling from the thrashing delivered to them by the Maw, and we'd be fools to assume they aren't bolstering their union on the fringes of our territory."

"But that's precisely the point here. Rodia is, quite simply, not an Alliance world. They are not our concern. The sooner you come to understand that being the premier superpower in the galaxy does not mean playing savior for every swamp and wetland outside our borders, the better off you will be."

Marina cleared her throat, though more to drive home her point than anything else. Her attention returned to the senate chambers.

"If Rodia wants protection, they are more than welcome to join our Galactic Alliance. But until that day arrives, we are under no obligation to save them from the Mandalorians. Just as we are under no obligation to wage war on account of a wayward Padawan and an Order too proud to defer to the powers that be."

The committees. That was a thread he could pull on. Throw sand on this fire before it billowed out of control. He looked imploringly to the Chancellor before speaking.

"The Jedi," he said directing his words to Stel Tinto Stel Tinto , "Had already attempted peaceful negotiation of their padawan and I do not appreciate that you and others of this council have so quickly forgotten that without the Jedi the Alliance would be a Maw-ruled realm of chaos. The Jedi are our allies." He leaned on his console and took in the chamber. So many dissenting opinions, many of which had overlap but disagreed on one thing or another. Such a lively bunch.

"The war with the Maw is over, and the Chancellor no longer holds emergency power over the military." Now he turned to Master Noble. "It would be wise of the Jedi not to pose such hypotheticals as going over the Senate's head when it comes to matters of war during peacetime. It would only cause ire to rise." He spoke carefully, trying his best to reduce the heat, but he feared his voice came out too cold.

"The Honorable Senator Aquillix makes an excellent point. Now that the Jedi have brought this information to us it would be in the best interests of all involved if a more quiet meeting could take place with our Military Council and the Committee of Defense and Finance along with our esteemed Jedi liaison to observe the effects war would have on the interests of the Alliance. This is no slight to any of my fellow Senators, but I doubt many of you have seen the true goings on of war outside of your own private meetings. We need our professionals to assess this threat and advise the Senate with facts, evidence, numbers, and consequences before we jump into this new Mandalorian War."

He turned to the Jedi Master, his eyes sad and fatherly.

"The Alliance does not have the flexibility of movement of the Jedi. Even if we wanted to help every world in the Galaxy we simply cannot lend resources without thought. And with the Sith...Well, there might be avenues in which we can avoid conflicts on three fronts."

if they're watching anyways

Auteme was pleasantly surprised by the response to her initial proposal -- there was a moral strength present in this particular group of Senators that she hadn't seen before in these halls. Some were more deliberative and cautious than others, and there were of course those present who wished only to stir up conflict, both within the Senate Chamber and without. Still, she found herself sitting back and letting the discussion take its course.

In time she spoke up, gently, but with authority: "Thank you, Senators. We always seem to have lively sessions when Jedi are here. I also appreciate the strength of your values in the face of crisis.

"I have been convinced it is best to abandon any negotiation towards an alliance, formal or not; I admit it would have been a long shot regardless. While I also suspect that we are not going to have much success in quelling the Mandalorians' warpath, it would be a poor precedent to strike without attempting another solution -- or to sit back and do nothing.

"I propose we issue a... diplomatic request, that the Mandalorians return to Kestri, at least for a time, while we find a solution that is both disarming and sustainable. If not -- I think the Alliance should remain a leader in galactic affairs. We should reach out to planets in that region, and see if we can come to an agreement that prioritizes their safety.

"Should they refuse our request, I will order a full mobilization of the GADF, expanding from the partial mobilization to combat the Sith threat. It will require careful planning to manage the road ahead, so, as the Member for Corellia has explained -- I will request the proper committees be meeting regularly in the coming weeks to plan and keep us informed.

"If there are any other resolutions to be proposed for the day, speak them now."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom