Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Going Away to College | Sith Academy

Sith-corruption.png
Soah narrowed her gaze until they were thin slits of hazel, her nose scrunching up in wary displeasure, her lip ring giving a flash as her upper lip gave an upward curl at Kai'lyn Kai'lyn .

She didn't like that little impish grin or the way his tongue flicked out like Fel cat snake. It made her skin crawl. Swallowing hard, the girl managed to maintain her humanoid features, but the fine tuffs of fur along her skin grew thicker, and the pupils in her eyes seemed to melt into thin black vertical slits. If she had her tail out, it would have flicked and stood erect in agitation.

"I am no one's food." The girl would press the sharp edge of the blade against the Togruta's throat.

"Stay away from me, or I'll rip your throat out,"
she hissed out, sharp teeth flashing under the light. Soah wasn't here to make friends. She was here for a singular purpose: to get what the Traveler had promised her—power and the ability to make those, such as the mewling horned fool in front of her with his serpentine voice, bend at her feet.

"Get lost." She told him, and the Hunter's hand flicked the blade back and into its sheath at her hip. He might be just as much of a predator as she, but she wasn't going to be anyone's bit of entertainment.

Without further ado, she made to step away from him and leave.

She had better things to do.

Soah Ty’Jyn Soah Ty’Jyn
"I am no one's food."

"Of course, you're not food—I bet you'd taste awful. Besides, I like you. You're different." Kai'lyn's montrals and horns glowed with a flickering bioluminescence that sparked up. He purred, leaning into the sharpened blade as it pressed closer, nicking his skin. He stared straight into her eyes as his pupils dilated.

"If you had belife in your strength, you would have committed to the first slice..."

"Stay away from me, or I'll rip your throat out,"

"Get lost."

In a moment, he was gone from sight, a blur of his afterimage flickering for but a blink.

"Most people taste awful. Eating people is very bad for a person's brain. It should be avoided," his voice came from behind her. His main skill, the one thing he was oddly good at, was that insane speed of motion. It was natural to him for surviving the way he had. He did the opposite of leaving her alone.

"Your fear, your anx... an... angsty-etty... Angsty-tea? That bad feeling creates a different scent in you than the fear of others... The keepers here will notice it in strange, unknowing ways... Don't think about the bad things that make you feel the bad feels. Think about the end rewards, and do." His unsolicited advice came in hard-to-understand terms, speaking volumes about his lack of formal education. Soah was speaking to an ignorant dolt.

49adfaea6f371a48d55ab02337653ac7a675a427.pnj

"You're smart and resourceful; you'll definitely find a sponsor." Viers smiled as she was handed the fruit. She didn't care too much for this sponsorship everyone was vying for. The girl was capable enough and had enough brains to help her navigate whatever mess they threw at her. Viers had other concerns, mainly the group that was gathering around Artemis.

The group seemed to be very serious and broody. She wondered if that's what it meant to be Sith. They had dark cloaks, furrowed brows, and looked like they smelled some bantha poo; it was all so common on all their faces. Viers vowed as she walked over to never develop any of those traits even if she was going through their academy. Especially the facial expression, which was very unfriendly. As she approached, she nudged through the pack of boys; she hadn't realized how many had gathered there in front of the Echani twins. "You know," she looked towards Udren, "If you keep your face like that, it's going to get stuck, and no one is going to want to sponsor a fugly-looking student." Viers snickered at her joke and broadened the comment to the rest of the group, "Jeez, lighten up, you're all so stiff. No wonder y'all struggled with the tests."

Smiling towards Artemis, Viers offered the ripened fruit. It was evident on her clothing that she had devoured a similar piece. "It's delicious, and I wanted to share it since you were nice to me earlier, Artemis." Viers pondered a bit about the last few remarks that she had said before she interrupted. Like the rest of them, she was also Echani. Did the Echani all flock to the Sith? From her understanding, the planet was in Alliance space. Did the Alliance not treat the Echani people well? There were many questions, but Viers knew little of her Father's lineage. He had given her enough information to know that her grandfather was once an advisor to one of the Queens.

Again, Viers knew very little, but she spoke up. "I'm Echani, too."

sith-red.png

"She is incredibly out of place. But that's ultimately why. I want to see just how far she'll go here, and if it'll end up changing who she was once." Alina was still chuckling. She couldn't help herself, especially as she watched her once foe mingling with the Sith hopefuls below. It was odd to see her not aged, though. Was that a result of the Nether that seemed to be clinging around her?

".. That one? I- Ohho~ We're having a little bet over the Acolytes? I would've hated us when I was their age, you know."

She did, once. But that hate she felt? It's what brought her here. What gave her the strength to survive. It was time to pay such things forward. "Mm? Oh. Mm. We should, yes. When she's not being hounded, I imagine. She's quite crowded already, isn't she? Must be hard, being Empress."

Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin

Fodder.

She'd heard a Sith Lord say that word when he walked by. Though she hadn't turned to look, her gaze shifted to follow his dark shadow as it swept past. Already, she'd felt like she'd been poked and prodded and judged enough. Rosalia wasn't from a famous Sith world or old Sith family. Here, she was a nobody -- she knew that.

However, she was just as determined to succeed as the others.

Rosalia's attention shifted to a teen boy nearby. He, too, stood on the outskirts of the crowd. Though, from what she'd just overheard -- yes, eavesdropping -- it sounded like his family was known here. Did that give him an edge up? Perhaps, though she wouldn't have guessed that by his expression.

It certainly was interesting being around so many force-sensitives. Rosalia was thankful she'd fed well before coming or else she might have been a bit too bloodthirsty. Well, she had a feeling that might not have been a bad thing.

"So," she said, inching closer. "How do you think you're doing?"

Rosalia Aros Rosalia Aros

He was still clutching his wrist when he was approached by one of the apprentices gathered up here at the courtyard.

It didn't even hurt anymore, but it was like phantom pain.

Echoing because he was upset and that made it smart all the more.

"Oh." Matt blinked and glanced to the girl. "I... well, I am still alive, so I guess that's something?" He grimaced there because he realized it wasn't the most confident or Sith-like response. But while this scheming and mysterious atmosphere building seemed to come natural to some of the people here today that wasn't Matteo. He felt silly in all honesty.

"How about you?"

Giving her a look up and down, curious if this was someone who saw in him an easy mark and wanted to take advantage of it. It was probably paranoia, but his parents had made it clear that anyone here was suspect.

None of them would even hesitate sticking the sharp end in his back if they thought they could get away with it.

"I am Matteo by the way. You?"

But what harm could there be in exchanging names? Not like she could murder him with his first name after all.

sith-red.png

"That's the goal~ Hopefully it's someone fun."

He plucked out another fruit before watching Vier's walk away to mingle with the Echani. So many of them. He hummed as he watched her, watched the group as he took another bite of the space apple he was eating. This was going to be troubling, if they decided to group up by their shared culture. Perhaps, then, it was a good idea to branch out to the others.

The more alien the better. His golden eyes scanned till he settled on one, and his smile broadened.

"You broke the lock, didn't you. But you still passed, so.. Congrats, mm?"

Firrerreo dug out another fruit, offering it over towards Sage Lumiya.

Viers Connory Viers Connory

TAGS: Anyone else in the immediate area that I missed. Sorry If I tagged in error.

"An Echani with dark hair? Curious..."

Jarek was intrigued, putting that mental note in the back of his mind for later use. Jarek looked around at this group that had assembled, and looked at the masses of acolytes still completing their tests, and failing. Trying to conjure the little training he had, Jarek closed his eyes, calling upon the Dark Side to see any future of himself, of the group. His lack of training is evident, the furture is shrouded in darkness, at least to him. Jarek stood, outstretching his hand towards the masses.

"Look at these at all these acolytes... Many fail, but the truely strong survive. Maybe...."

Jarek let his words trail off, he was about to say something he never had before.

"Maybe Rivan is correct about...friends. Perhaps it is not mere coincidence we all have met. Maybe we can... aid... one another. I am sure the Academy will see it and pin us against one another, but I am willing to risk it."

Jarek turned to the group.

"Are any of you?"

This was either going to help him become Sith, or his life will end must quicker then he ever hoped.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated

Ger.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr | Fiolette Yvarro Fiolette Yvarro | Srina Talon Srina Talon | Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin

The wolf grinned and chuckled. Yes, his comment was obvious, but Darth Carnifex did not need to be present in the same way Gerwald or Srina needed to have their presence observed. He was Dark Council and she was Empress. Had they not allowed their faces to be seen it would have been a black mark on the academy perhaps. Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex could come and go as he pleased, and he never did anything without purpose.

Gerwald shrugged at the comment. She was who she was, and that was something Gerwald had gotten used to. He was aware of her friendship with Carnifex, and the wolf was forming one of his own. He had placed Gerwald’s children in the academy when they came of age to enter. It would be something the wolf would wonder about, but he trusted the Dark Lord had his reasons. Were it not for the trust Srina placed in him, Gerwald would not have done the same. He hoped following her example would not be something to regret.

“He sponsored their entry. I am just curious if he is here to watch them.”

There was really nothing else to say on the matter. Whatever concerns Srina Talon Srina Talon had in whether her mind wipe had been effective enough or not, they were misplaced. Gerwald still had no recollection that he had discovered her pregnancy, nor was he aware of her children.

Fiolette Yvarro Fiolette Yvarro answered the questions posed by the Empress with her opinions. They were just that, opinions. Much of what she said referenced an Empire that no longer existed in the form or function her description would make it seem. The Order was something different, and it needed to remain something different. Srina, Gerwald, those who had been part of the previous iterations of Sith Empires or dynasties were the ones to reshape it, if they could.

“Well, it is a good thing we are not the Sith Empire of old then,” Gerwald observed in response to Fiolette’s comment. “For a time what you say may have been true, however, the exams these children face are designed to simply separate the wheat from the chaff. The true test begins once they are accepted into the academy itself. Only 128 of them will be, there are two more parts of the entrance exam to pass, yet.”

He looked to Srina. Her comment about expectations in regards to his hopes for whether his children would meet her standard was answered with a nod. The fact they stood among those who had made it thus far was a testament to their skill, and the rest of the process would determine how skilled they truly were. It remained that to the wolf, the true test his children faced, was gaining Srina’s approval. Perhaps it was the insecurity of his own childhood which made the matter paramount in his mind. Either way, Gerwald wished for his children to impress.

“And yes, I do agree. Leadership based on merit is the goal here. All of them should be commended for making it this far, and those who do not make it beyond this point will find their place within the Order.”

His eyes looked to the screen as he considered those whom he may wish to sponsor. Naturally he would eventually ensure his children were taken care of, only after they passed the entrance examination. This was theirs to pass or fail on their own. It did beg the question, however.

“Are there any you feel have distinguished themselves yet?”

The question was for both to answer if they wished.

Sith-Logo.png

Three Priests stood in a private booth far above the testing area, watching as hundreds, then thousands of students completed their exams. Each stood with apathetic expressions, forced onto them by the dead musculiture clawing to their skulls. Even still, their sulphuric eyes watched the crowds with an attention as sharp as any Sith Lord could hope to be. Those marked by greatness were watched, then designated for further study.​
Those who had show exceptional promise in their potential were stolen away. Perhaps they lacked an influential sponsor, but the skill of their birthright was beyond reproach. They wouldn't be missed, and they would be given an honor none other would. Induction into the Sepulchral, far away from the peeping eyes of the Sith Lords like Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , Srina Talon Srina Talon , or Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf . The children would simply disappear - never to be seen in their mortal forms again.​
The others, those who had too many eyes on them, were allowed to pass through to serve as the next generation of the Sith. They would be untouched in the kidnapping, but the tests in of themselves would be their filter.​
Many had shown annoyance at the Midichlorian test, but there was no real need to test for such things in the Order. They were important for potential, but the dead could use the Force as well as the living - there was only the will that decided their strength in the end. The true purpose was the complete breakdown of their entire medical anatomy. It had been logged, tracked, and set aside - from their DNA, to their Ancestry, to their medical ailments and possible conditions. Those who failed it were cast aside not for a lower midichlorian count, but because they were destined to die from the ravages of their own bodies. Those that passed, would be healthy far longer than the others - excluding the soon to be high mortality rate of the applicants.​
Soon, their suits would be acclimated to their biological markers, and from here on out - they would be tracked at all times by the highly specialized surveillance teams implemented by the Academy. Far beyond the sight of anyone outside or inside the school, a room came to life with AI, Robots, and Sith who monitored each student who had passed. These moments were most critical, but as the participants began to taper off, the workload would drop dramatically. Then the true monitoring would begin.​
For the other tests, that of Strength and Dexterity, they had been given simple instructions. Lift the rocks, and open the locks. Most did this with great skill, told to do exactly as they had been asked to. Some brute forced their way through, like Soldane Talon Soldane Talon - to undermine their own score. Others still excelled - proved themselves beyond capable in lifting and opening. Yet they were forgotten about - as the creative began to take hold of the leaderboards.​
"It is time. Begin the next exam.", the middle priest commanded. The one to his left lifted a skeletal hand, and with the Force let someone far away know what was to change.​
---​
A Sepulchral Priest came from what was a flat obsidian wall. A door had opened, once flush with the wall as to not be seen, and with them came a dozen guards in great red armor. Praetorians, as they had come to be known, were massive Sith covered in bright red armor, carrying pikes and blades. They were silent, always hidden by their masks, but were feared as the arm of the Sepulchral - and the guard of the upper Sith echelon. They had almost exclusively been seen with the Emperor Empyrean during formal gatherings, but today a dozen graced the halls of the Sith Academy.​
Their presence silenced the room, and unease building as the children who had once delved into bright conversation broke down into utter quiet. Some watched the Praetorians with a bit of sweat - a myriad of thoughts falling into their mind. Are they to fight them for the next test, or something else? It was the Priest who had come with them, venerable and disgusting as the corpse was, that rose on a pedestal and spoke.​
"You who have passed the first Exam are to be congratulated. You were not stopped by the rudimentary filters put in place to cull the majority of the applicants, and for this reason you will be remembered. Those from minor houses have already brought great honor to your families - but there is much work yet to be done.", it said through dust and bone.​
"Among you are the greatest of our youth, but we must widdle you down further. Cut diamond from stone, gold from ore. Melt you until there is nothing but phrik left to strike. Among you is the greatest, but the greatest have yet to be forged from among you. Your next tests will do exactly that. First - the leading members of your tests...", he said with a forced, painful looking grin of tight grey skin over yellowed teeth.​
With a hand raised, three flames ignited in the air as though from invisible braziers. In each, a face appeared. First, Viers Connory Viers Connory - their reflection clearly on display for the entire crowd to see. With it, very likely the shock and shame of being forced before the crowd with food particles stuck to her cheeks. Next, Irina Jesart Irina Jesart - who's face stood out in a yellow flame like iron in the forge. Last, Jarek Voss Jarek Voss - who's anger flashed in deep set judgement and dangerous posturing.​
"Viers, Irina, and Jarek have proven themselves your betters. Mind them, in the coming trials.", The Priest said.​
He might as well have painted a target on each of their backs. In turn, each of the three had all those around them stare them down - some with surprise, many more with anger and hostility dripping from expressions of hate. These three had proven themselves better than the others, that much had been clear, but in doing so they had collectively turned themselves into bounties.​
The others would be coming for them, to prove themselves before the Academy, the Sponsors, and the Sepulchral. Those outside the Academy would watch them be marked on their holo monitors, displayed alone from the others as highlights from the hundreds gathered. Those who had already sponsored them would feel the immediate shift as the crowd's attentions fell on them - for having the good sense to bid on the winning horses.​
"For your next trial, you will be split into groups. Pick them at your leisure - but you will be restricted to three. Beyond this door behind me is the Labyrinthian. A complex structure trailing deep, infused with the Magicks of the Dark Side. There in will be three trials to test you - beasts, machines, traps, and guardians. Panels will move upon your command, if you have the skill and clarity to move them - changing the very nature of the Labyrinthian for both you and your opponents. Some of you may face other groups in your travels, and it is up to you to figure out how best to deal with them.", he continued.​
"Your team will be judged on these things; how quickly you have accomplished the tests, how many injuries you sustain, how well you work together, and the individual skill you possess in accomplishing these tasks. You will be monitored for safety and judgements, but mind this..."​
"... You have been told you will be safe in this Academy, but should you be injured within, we will not have the time to drag you from its depths. You will bleed to death on its obsidian floors, and we will mourn you. Many of you will die, but that is the cost of finding true Sith. Prepare yourselves - when your team is ready, a Praetorian will guide you into its depths, then leave you there to begin."​
"We will see you on the other side for your final exam."​
And with that, the Priest stepped away, into the Labyrinthian, lost to the darkness and shadow.​
Children began to light up in conversation and fear. Those who had assumed themselves safe from mortality began to weep as the news came to them, while the others wrote it off as a scare tactic. Many more lost the joy in their expression, and became all the more serious. A few unruly ones seemed to study the crowds for targets - but the smart ones quickly seperated and found their partners for the coming trial. A few already had trios, sent into the Academy with the same Sponsors or same Families.​
Praetorians took them into the depths, and each time they disappeared into unnatural darkness, only for the Praetorian to return without a word, awaiting the next group to taxi into its depths.​

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Open

dgxmmw9-8c5a49ca-28b0-456a-92b5-997521a683a4.png

Little by little, the successors gathered, and Sasha watched as several would-be Echani came together. A small spark of desire ignited within him to join them... but he didn't. Why didn't he? Did he belong with them? He wasn't certain. He didn't feel like he belonged anywhere. He couldn't picture himself fitting in, even among his own kind. He shifted his attention away and drew up the hood of the long, darkened cloak he wore, feeling a myriad of strange sensations as his insides churned with uneasiness.

How could he possibly dare place himself with them? To do so would be presumptuous and arrogant, wouldn't it? It was hard to tell what was truly going on behind those icy cold blue eyes as the small-framed figure kept to himself. He had been one of the very last students to be permitted through the trials, and perhaps that alone set him apart with an uncertain stance. To have been measured and not deemed as good as everyone else, even if he did pass the bar where many others failed, it probably didn't feel too good to be one of the last individuals just barely making it. Maybe his thoughts swirled with what-ifs and regrets about how he might have done better, but that was all in the past now. He was impossibly shy and lacked the bravery to talk to anyone new. Here, everyone was a new face. The initial overwhelming numbers dwindled, surely releasing some of the pressure. There were fewer eyes on him, watching and waiting for him to mess up.

Perhaps he was even thankful that no one spoke to him yet. Social interaction was foreign and uneasy. Or perhaps... perhaps even he felt that no one here was good enough to speak to or interesting enough to bother with. That likelihood seemed a little far-fetched given the nature of this examination and where he stood, nearly in last place among those deemed viable. The more likely reality was that he was ashamed of his placement and couldn't bring himself to meet his fellow peers' eyes despite having passed the initial tests.

He lingered near the edge of the smaller crowd, not engaging with anyone as his hands busied themselves shakily with the edges of his sleeves or the hem of his cloak. His blue gaze remained downcast and his demeanor mousey.

He certainly gave the impression of a frail youth who had never worked an honest day in his life, a fish out of water trying desperately to remain unseen by the shore birds that crowded nearby. The atmosphere around him felt charged with unspoken tensions and silent judgments, making every moment a trial in itself. The truth of what lay ahead was obscured, and the real purpose behind the gathering remained shrouded in mystery, leaving Sasha to speculate and question the very essence of his presence there.

As Sasha stood at the edge of the crowd, his eyes widened and a chill shivered down his spine. The thought of being taken away to some unknown fate was terrifying, yet there was a small, dark curiosity within him.

What happened to those separated out? Were they killed? Transformed? His mind raced with possibilities, each more dreadful than the last. Sasha's heart pounded as he considered the implications. The room was alive with tension, the air thick with fear and anticipation.

Sasha's anxiety grew as he heard about the surveillance and the tracking of their every move. The idea of being watched constantly was unnerving. His thoughts were interrupted by the sudden silence that fell over the room as the Sepulchral Priest and the Praetorians entered. Their presence was imposing, and the sight of the red-armored guards carrying pikes and blades made Sasha's hands tremble even more.

The Priest's words shook him to his core. Sasha felt a knot tighten in his stomach as the Priest congratulated them on passing the first exam but warned of the challenges yet to come. The mention of minor houses and great honor felt hollow to him, a distant echo of a life he wasn't sure he belonged to.

As the flames ignited in the air, revealing the faces of Viers Connory Viers Connory , Irina Jesart Irina Jesart , and Jarek Voss Jarek Voss , Sasha's unease grew. The hostility and anger from the other students were almost tangible, and he knew that these three were now marked targets. He wondered what it would be like to be in their shoes, to have all eyes on him, scrutinizing every move, every mistake.

The announcement of the next trial sent a wave of dread through Sasha. The Labyrinthian, a place of beasts, machines, traps, and guardians, sounded like a nightmare come to life. The prospect of facing such dangers, of possibly encountering other groups and having to outwit or outfight them, was daunting. His mind buzzed with the weight of the criteria they would be judged on: speed, injuries, teamwork, and individual skill. He doubted his abilities and feared he would be a liability to any group he joined.

When the Priest mentioned the real possibility of death, Sasha's blood ran cold as his heart skipped a beat. The thought of bleeding to death on the obsidian floors, with no one to save him, was almost too much to bear. He felt a surge of panic as the room erupted into conversation and fear. Some students wept, others hardened their expressions, and a few unruly ones began to scout for potential targets.

Sasha's instincts told him to find a group quickly, but he was paralyzed by indecision. He scanned the crowd, looking for familiar faces, but everyone seemed like a stranger. His hands continued to fidget with the hem of his cloak, his mind racing with the daunting task ahead. He needed to find allies, people he could trust, but trust was a rare commodity in a place like this.

As the first groups were led into the darkness by the Praetorians, Sasha felt the weight of the situation pressing down on him. He had to make a choice, and he had to make it soon. The fear of the unknown gnawed at him, but he knew he couldn't afford to hesitate any longer.

Everywhere he turned, Sasha found groups that had just been decided or were already full. His heart sank with each rejection, the reality of his isolation pressing down on him like a suffocating weight. Desperation gnawed at him, his blue glassy eyes darting around the room for any sign of an opening. It seemed as though the very walls of the Sith Academy were closing in, threatening to swallow him whole if he couldn't find a place to belong.

He wondered briefly if the three best—Viers Connory, Irina Jesart, and Jarek Voss—would consider working with one another. It would be a smart move, considering the new proverbial hunters' mark they all bore. Their faces, etched in flames, had painted targets on their backs. Joining forces could be their best chance for survival, combining their strengths to ward off the inevitable challenges from envious peers. Adapt or die. The Sith way.

As he scanned the room, Sasha noticed the three champions standing, each surrounded by a small throng of admirers and opportunists.

Sasha's thoughts raced. Approaching any one of them seemed daunting, but it might be his only chance. He imagined the potential backlash—what if they saw him as a threat or a burden? What if they rejected him outright, leaving him even more vulnerable than before? The prospect was terrifying, but so was the thought of facing the Labyrinthian alone or with a weak, hastily-formed group.

His mind churned with the implications. If he could convince one of them to take him in, it might elevate his status and provide the protection he so desperately needed. But which one to approach? Viers, the genius? Irina, with her unyielding will? Or Jarek, with his fiery rage and strength? Each choice carried its own risks and rewards.

He simply couldn't approach any of them. That was the truth of the matter. He was too weak and a liability he thought. As he moved, he caught snippets of conversations around him—fear, bravado, and strategy mingling in a cacophony of anxiety. The room seemed to buzz with an electric tension, each student acutely aware that their next move could mean the difference between life and death.

He hesitated yet still, taking a moment to steady his nerves. His hands shook slightly as he pulled his hood tighter around his face, masking his uncertainty.

ZARAVA

Tags: Viers Connory Viers Connory , Firrerreo Firrerreo

Zarava made sure to stay to the side as much as possible and try not to draw attention to herself. Her eyes looked over all of the groups of other candidates interacting with one another. How were some of them so relaxed? The young redhead couldn't help but have her foot tap the ground while she was standing waiting to see if she managed to pass the tests well enough. She hadn't been ushered away like some others who had done the tests, so that had to be a good thing right?

She didn't have to wait for long, as the sound of the doors opening caused her attention from the other candidates and land on the figure that's moved through the door. Humanoid figures dressed in red with helmets over their heads, and she could feel dread sink into her stomach. Something in her instincts was telling her that these things were not to be messed with and were dangerous.

She uncrossed her arms and moved slightly toward where the groups had started to gather from the other candidates. Zarava watched as a corpse began speaking and she could feel her heart thudding fast in her chest. The last thing she had expected from the corpse was any sort of praise. She had passed. Her shoulders relaxed slightly as she listened to the corpse speak. Zarava couldn't help but wrinkle her nose at the idea of bringing honor to her family.

Her family name meant nothing to her, and the idea of her mother being proud of her for making it this far was sickening. Hopefully, her mother would never catch wind of what she was up to over here. The less her mother knew of what she was up to the better. It sounded like a couple of the candidates did better than the others, and she wasn't shocked to not see her face up there. Regardless, she committed the names to the faces and would look around till she found them in the crowd.

Finally came the explanation for the next trial, and it was safe to say she wasn't looking forward to it in the slightest. In her mind, she had always worked better when she was working alone, not to mention compared to others she didn't really know anyone in this room. As it continued to talk, she could feel her blood running cold. She could die here if she wasn't careful. No. She refused. Zarava had come this far, and she wasn't about to die in a labyrinth just yet.

She wondered if some of the other groups would try and kill each other just to get ahead. Considering the stakes, she wouldn't be all that surprised if that was the case. After all, survival of the fittest. Her blue eyes tracked those draped in red as they seemingly melded into the shadows. She needed to find whoever she was going to be paired with, and quickly. Even if she hated the idea of working with others, she wasn't given a choice in the matter. Looking across the crowd, she noticed one of the people who was considered to be her better from the previous trial. A useful asset that much is for sure.

However, they were not alone and had other candidates around them. One of which was a boy that she had met before all of this happened. A familiar face in a room full of strangers, though she wasn't quite sure how much she trusted him regardless. Oh well, better to rip the bandaid off now and just get everything over with. Zarava would make her way over toward Viers Connory Viers Connory and Firrerreo Firrerreo , having confidence in her body language as she approached. Her eyes focused on the brunette as she spoke as she took a casual stance. "Hey, Viers right? How about the three of us group up?" The young redhead asked with a small grin spread across her face as she gestured to the two of them. If she got rejected, then she would figure something else out that would lead to her being able to survive this mess.

Last edited:
Sith-blood.png

Tag: Matteo Guo-Yian Matteo Guo-Yian | Open
Her dark eyes flickered to the boy's wrist momentarily.

It might have been the fact that he still held it, but it was probably the fact that she could smell blood. Again, quite a good thing that she was satiated… for the time being.

"Alive is good," she said, offering a smile.

Her fellow teen didn't seem to have the same swagger as the others, something she noted as 'interesting.' But he did seem fit enough. Rosalia's eyes narrowed slightly as she thought: it's always the quiet ones. And in response to his question, she shrugged. "Fine, I guess." Rosalia's tone was neutral.

"Rose." Hardly anyone called her Rosalia, anyway.

Then, the priests announced the next exam, which would require a group. Her eyes shifted to Matt, "shall we?" She asked casually, like she was asking him to dance… and not at all like she was inviting him to a labyrinth where death was waiting patiently. As for a third member, she figured they'd find someone or someone would find them.

Last edited:

Renora zambrano

R
Viers Connory Viers Connory Firrerreo Firrerreo

Renora looked towards firrerreo before the sepulcharel came out "my family is sponsoring me" she said standing there as she watched the sepulcharel come out witb the praetorian guard. She listened to him speak standing there looking over the guard and the priest in his undead form listening to the speech given she. Looked to the three flames she was partially glad she wasnt displayed but she was sure those within the kainite who where displeased with her not getting top marks.

but she was glad she didn't have a mark on her back she could sense the hate and anger of the other students towards those three she didn't envy them at all. As the sepulcharel stated the next testing phase renora didn't want to be with viers she walked towards Irina Jesart Irina Jesart with a militaristic grace. "My name is renora I would like to join you in your group and conquer the next test together" she said viewing Irina as a greater asset then veers even though both where in the top three and she wasn't. She stood at the same height as Irina her body hid the instincts of a killer as she stood there not as good of a killer as the guards or those in the stands but a killer in the rough but still tuned enough to the job. Standing there renora awaited irina's answer she showed no emotion as she waited for the answer.

ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏɪᴅ
Udren could almost see the rage of body language within Aerik Lechner Aerik Lechner , especially the orange eyes that seemed almost aflame, as the confrontation took place between the two. The growl from the other only told more. It was good to see that buttons could be pushed, as Udren had suspected, and as Aerik responded with his retort, the scarred Echani listened silently.

"It was theoretical, not literal," Udren said with a smirk. "I also don't discount that Sith Lords plot around us, and that - while I have been taught many things - I do not pretend to be more capable than masters or alchemists of the dark side. Don't fool yourself.

Or do."

Udren shrugged, then he dropped the goblet at Aerik's feet, even as the other crushed the one held in his hand. Around the orange-eyed acolyte, others that appeared similar to him took notice, perhaps being relatives themselves - siblings? Nonetheless, Aerik stated his name and confirmed he would be at his best, which caused Udren to smile with a slight nod.

"Good. I look forward to it."

That was when another - Viers Connory Viers Connory - stepped into the pack of aspirants, as she looked at Udren and mentioned his face and sponsors avoiding fugly-looking students. He could only assume it was a portmanteau, with 'ugly' evident in the word itself, though he could only hazard a guess as to whatever else had been added to the blend of slang. The manner in which she addressed the group, irking as it was, to lighten up belied a severe misunderstanding of the circumstances and situation they were all in...

"Do you need a sponsor?" he asked, eyebrow raised. "I don't, despite your jest. Though from what I noticed in your testing, you might have earned some interest..."

Udren glanced to Lunaria Talon Lunaria Talon as the fruit was offered. He also raised an eyebrow as the joker mentioned being Echani. The nearby prospect, the angry one, mentioned friends and being willing to forge those relationships; it was an interesting move, an intriguing prospect, but the attempt seemed too hasty given any of them could die within an hour of now. More personally for Udren, in all his life, he had never been around so many of his species, it was almost too much, as he instinctively tried to read each of them in turn, attempting to glean more understanding through his capacity for physical observation...

There is a lot to see.

Yet, that was when a Sepulchral Priest appeared.

Udren turned and observed the ancient-looking sentient, as well as the red armored guards, the Praetorians. There was no doubt what was to come would be very, very important, and so the scarred Echani gave the majority of his attention to the living corpse that spoke. The purpose of the testing was outlined, niceties were mentioned about honor and being remembered, before the real words began - forging Sith, finding the greatest, and then leading members of the testing just completed.

The joker was mentioned, as well as displayed in flickering fire.

Interesting.

Udren had seen the brown-haired Echani during her test, he had noted the invisibility, and he wanted to speak with Viers about it - later. Right now wasn't the ideal time. Two other names and faces were shown, including the angry Echani nearby - Jarek. There was also an internal pang of annoyance, as the scarred Echani considered how he had executed the testing extremely well, though he suppressed that and focused on why - why had those names been mentioned? He would think on that, but the Priest continued to speak, which was more important presently.

Groups, a labyrinth, a number of trials - between beasts, machines, traps and guardians - and possible merging of others throughout the maze; and the judging would fall within a number of varied categories, including team-based estimates and individual progression. It all made for an interesting and potentially troublesome followup testing, certainly... but, Udren was prepared, he wouldn't hesitate, and instead waited until the Priest finished and stepped away into the darkness of the revealed entry of the Labyrinthian.

"And the next test is revealed," Udren said, as he looked to those around. He noted another aspirant had started speaking with Viers and another with bright eyes. "Who will join me for the Labyrinthian?"

Unlike the previous tests, which had been somewhat standard, this next phase promised challenge and growth. Udren looked forward to it, perhaps even feeling somewhat excited, as he could finally show what he had learned under the harsh lessons of his Master for so many years...

Jarek Voss Jarek Voss [mention]​

sith-red.png

Ohho so she was one of the top, then?

Firrerreo's gaze again followed after Viers as the Priest spoke. He was, admittedly, on edge with the appearance of so many armed guards. They didn't need such people here, did they? For a group of children? No, no these weren't just children. The best of the best. Sith to be. There were no one more dangerous than children with everything riding on their shoulders.

His smile broke, for a moment, as he listened further. They didn't just name the top. For these simple tests, there was no way they were just at the top. They were targets. This was the first real test. Individual skill? To win? No it wasn't that simple. It was to survive. Stand out. What better way than killing those at the top? Things were going to get bloody, real bloody. Should he participate? It ran the risk of his own death, given the hazards already listed. He'd have to evade and survive so much. His name wasn't in the list, so he could skirt under and make his way through fast.

They said the max was three, right? Then, perhaps he could do this himself, alone. It wouldn't be a bad idea, would it? No, one of the criteria was how well they could work together. But he didn't trust anyone here, did he? There wasn't a single face he could think would be on his side. Perhaps someone he could use, then? Who could-

"Hey, Viers right? How about the three of us group up?"

His thoughts were interrupted as he looked to Zarava. He blinked. The girl from before. She knew of his familiar, which meant he didn't have to trust another with such secrets, but Viers too? She was named, she was targeted. Wouldn't that put a target on him? .. No, not a target. His smile returned as he nodded his head in agreement. People were going to target Viers for being among the top. This was hard mode.

And with it, a chance to show off that much more.

"I know you two, that's enough for me. If there really is a risk of death, better than utter strangers, mm?" Viers said she had some skills with stealth. When they went deeper into the labarynth, they could plan better. Right now he could feel the eyes on them. The eyes on Viers. They were going to be targeted, there was no doubt in his mind.

"We should hurry down. They didn't say that they'd start it like a race. The more we delay, the farther behind we might end up being."

Zarava Dekki Zarava Dekki | Viers Connory Viers Connory

Tag: Annika Starfire Annika Starfire

Astrid sat there besides annika her student she kind of felt bad for taking annika out of the running but it was too late now to reverse things she looked at annika and smiled. "If you had told me I would have sponsored you let you have your fun dealing with those beneath you" she said humorously. Sitting there looking at her student annika did capture the eye to a degree. Astrid motioned for annika to sit down beside her "I don't personally smoke and if you cared for your health you'd stop" she said casually sitting there as she looked at her student.

Sage Lumiya

S

PqXJhJv.png

Objective: Pass trials and enroll
Tags: OPEN

Another acolyte, Firrerreo Firrerreo approached her and commented on failure to correctly open the lock. "It broke in half, it wont be barring any doors so I guess that is acceptable?" she laughed and shrugged before taking the apple. She sniffed it and rolled it around in her hand, her elongated digits inspected the fruit closely. "Not poisoned is it?" she asked. She had beeb warned to be careful about trusting anyone here.

But it appeared she would have to, as the next challenge was a group task. The other acolyte talking to her quickly grouped off with two others. She would have to find someone else. She hadnt exactly sold her strengths in the last challenge, precise application she had little experience with, but survival and exploration stuff was much more up her stream.

She went to look for allies.

9bUzLze.png

Objective: Seeing what happens
Tags: Astrid pentoghast Astrid pentoghast Vestara VII Vestara VII
Gear: in bio
Wearing: this but with her hat
0SuWIN0.png
Annika smiled at Astrid pentoghast Astrid pentoghast and shrugged her shoulder, playing with the acolytes might have been fun but she had too much power to make the games fun now so why bother. "Maybe i'll find someone to play with after the trials, there is some pretty decent looking prospects down there." it was true, there was some idiots and weaklings but some very potent looking sith hopefuls too.

"I don't personally smoke and if you cared for your health you'd stop"

She lifted the cigarro up and looked into it's embers, the smoke darkened purple and formed into the shape of a small girl hiding behind some wall. "I started this when I was eleven because I thought it made me look edgey." she smirked and rolled her eyes at herself. The smoke shifted to an image of her looking older and duelling with a shadowy figure. "And in the last two years I have fought a force dead mandalorian ( Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch ), formed an antagonistic relationship with a talented assassin ( Ansisa Ansisa ) and been kicked through a portal into another dimension ( Nir Si Nir Si ). I wonder if burning a few dead plants is really what might kill me?" she laughed before using the force to extinguish the ember and then placed it back into the pack for later, out of respect for her mistress.

She leaned back into her seat and brought up the screens to watch the next challenge. "I am curious what it might be like one day to have a student of my own."

0SuWIN0.png

Malum gazed carefully towards Lady Fiolette Yvarro Fiolette Yvarro , as she left, offering a nod. It seemed the frosty disposition that the woman gave towards him had not improved any since Anoat, though considering the circumstances, there was little wonder of that. Too many mistakes had been made in prior days.

No more.

Still, he idly noted what he heard, too vague for him to use, too vague for him to even know what it meant... well, perhaps he could make some guesses.

One never knew what could be gained out of such minuscule morsels.

Unfortunately, whatever frosty welcome Lady Yvarro gave him, it was still far preferable, to the attention in which Kain- Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex now gave to him once again. There were only a few who were able to make him shiver from simply a glance.

And despite the fact that it was he who had begun this conversation.

Despite that, the introductions had already been done.

Despite the fact that he had met the man numerous times, and even crossed blades with him.

The slightest tremor still ran down his spine.

Yet even as such tremor went, so did still his eyes narrow at the Twice-Failed Emperor's words.

"I shall speak plainly then," He offered cautiously, far from what he wished in interactions with those of the giant's ilk, yet something he had rapidly learned was surprisingly their way. He was not surprised that Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah had spoken to their husband about the offer, what he was surprised by, however, was the seemingly frosty reception it had received.

After all, it was not every day in which an offer accepted would earn red eyes of such malice.

"I imagine that you know my House's history, our beliefs regarding kneeling in particular," The Marrs could serve, and would serve, ably and dutifully in fact.

But how could one ably and dutifully serve a tyrant that had broken their obligations to their people, and their state?

Still, it was strange enough to hear some of what he said, for years he had advocated for leniency? On one aspect part of him was tempted to bite back, that such was not a power he held, yet he imagined very keenly what that did mean.

The Kainite War.

The Ouroboros Crisis.

He was almost tempted to jape he should have been afforded at least three.

"We have bent our knees to the Emperor that rules upon Jutrand, yet you ask me to serve, in what way, Darth Carnifex?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom