Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets End This Debate

[member="The Shadow King"]
It is referring to durasteel and such similar materials. Materials such as Beskar would certainly be ate through, eventually, but it would not simply shred right through it. That being said, it depends wholly on the quantity and the ideal concentration of said acid. Simply throwing said acid on a plate of beskar might eat through an inch of it, but it will not continue to go all the way through once the acid has been diluted.

[member="Crucius Sin"] [member="The Shadow King"]
It would take more than simply time. It would take a number of these slugs, and a number that is variable to the amount of acid and its concentration ratio within the slug itself. I don't think six to ten shots from a clip full of these will do much to an armor of beskar or phrik. That being said, the quote you've made is erroneous. There are armors made specifically to counter acid, and as such it would be much less useful on those.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Please read the "Behind the Scenes" section of that article. One source. Yes, one source. AKA super sketch. Then also note that the 'Acid' is unspecificed or explained. Again. Super sketch. Amatuer status. NOOB'maximum. Making that easily the weakest Wookiepedia article I've ever seen. So weak. Sooo weak.

Sooooooo weak. :D :p

Crucius Sin

A Sin That Shifts
Phrik is stated to have survived the explosion of the Death Star... You're not gonna find anything much less that's gonna blast holes in it.

I can't help but feel we're lookin' for the mythical silver bullets here.

Tech is great, but we're here to write.

Crucius Sin said:
Phrik is stated to have survived the explosion of the Death Star... You're not gonna find anything much less that's gonna blast holes in it.
Also that's an exceptional case. That's like discussing the sniper who held off an entire German division single handedly; yeah, it's impressive. Doesn't mean every person with a scoped rifle needed a nerf to their power.

[member="Darth Vitium"] [member="Jay Scott Clark"] [member="Crucius Sin"]

Phrik has the ability to resist ENERGY based weapons so no not really. It probably isnt all that freat against acid in logical thinking
for it being sketchy, there's a lot of detail put into the weapon other then what ACID it is. It's acid. Nuf said. Its acid at its purest.
If Im taking on somewhere with these....IM NOT going to use one clip, no Ima unload two clips as once, run away like a girl, reload, and unload another two clips. 40 of these into phrik or beskar would eat it through, you are no COVERED in acid. Apart from the fact I have also weakened (VERY LITTLE BUT I HAVE WEAKEN) an area of your phrik, or beskar armor...that acid that is just acid..why does it been to be boric acid or some kinda crap, will eat through said armor.

Marcus Tritum

M
The Shadow King said:
Acid contents says ANY ARMOR.
tumblr_nhlo2ucm4i1td3424o8_500.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid

Use this i guess to settle this debate.
Ya'll like to give clear answers on what some Canon tech can and can not do (Crystals for Lighstabers)
Do it for this weapon which makes itself sound more Powerful the Jay says. I want this debated ended..either it can eat through Phrik, and Beskar with more then ten shots, or it cant. Either way I just want this answered

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="The Shadow King"]

K. Here's the part where I stop you. Sin baby. If you are having a disagreement with another Writer, especially PvP. There is a process for this. And it's not walking into the Factory Discussion section looking for a victory.

Let's walk through this:
  • 1. PM the other writer and talk.
  • 2. Listen and recieve feedback. Be cordial and understanding. This is just a game.
  • 3. Resolve concerns, compromise, and edit away.
  • 4. If no compromise or solution can be found? Just walk away.
  • 5. If you cannot walk away from the thread, then please contact an RPJ.

See? No where in this adult process do we begin public discussions about our tiny-widdle-fictional-problems. Lol. Cheers mate. You'll get the hang of it. :D :p

Don't let the game consume you....it's not about winning.

Some people are like that (Still), I let my problems or whatever turn me into like "ERMGAHD THIS IS GOTTA BE LIKE CALL OF DUTY! I HAS TO WIN!"

Nah, I love writing, been doing it for about 16 years now and I have no clue why I would have done such a thing.

Passion, fun, excitement, thrill of creating something beautiful with other people.

I don't see the need for the whole "Gotta win stuff..."

And no, Factory won't always have your answer to winning. How well you write and develop your character will lead to winning to be honest. Not training, not who knows more Force powers, IDK man what else to say.

EDIT:

I owe the man in the post above a duel, and makes me sort've nervous because he's a skilled writer.

It's all in the writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom