Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets End This Debate

Here's how this works: You use those guns, you shoot a guy in Phrik or Beskar armor like, 40-50 times. He checks the weapons, the quality of your posts, how much effort you put into it, that sort of thing. Then through a good written response he decides whether or not it's reasonable for you to burn through his armor. Then he counter-attacks.
The RP continues.
Everybody has fun~~~

Yes..when I am not writing fight scene, and I have no weapons on me at said thread..yea I have this one bullet hidden in my boot...so I can win...at doing nothing but talking..thats not even a debate about something..yes..thats it..ya caught me.
Yes When I am in a invasion, or skirmish I would like to win, why? cause no one goes into a war and says we all here for fun, no logically its fun, and its also a game of winning and losing no one wants to be on the losing side, but there will be someone on that side, and if its me? okay fine I lost, but I would like to lose thinking I put up a good fight.
If wanting to win wasnt part of the side, tech wouldnt be here. It would all be all mouth and no weapons. Wanting to win is apart of this site, and there is no denying it.

BUT this is not the reason for this, the reason is because this has been a long since debate of mine and Patrica's.

You're asking for ruling on a canon item with very little backing.

Normally I avoid the factory and giving rulings on things, but since this is clearly going to cause some problems I will provide the requested service.

Yes, it will, given time, eat through restricted materials. How much time? Depends on how much you hit them with. Even so, the acid will dilute the longer its on them and then cease burning through. Is anyone going to stand still for you to hit them with every single shot you have? Unlikely. Is there that much acid in each bullet? Nope. You're sprinkling them with acid. Acid bullets are designed for unarmored targets, because once the bullet penetrates the acid damages their organs.

You'd be better off just using a blaster at that point.

Now can we please stop looking for magic bullets.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Shadow King said:
the reason is because this has been a long since debate of mine and Patrica's.
Wait... You mean this is just a hypothetical debate between you and Panty-Dredge? (Garter, ha! I get it now. Fughahaha.) ...Sooo, this is not an actual IC concern asking for a RPJ intervention or a Factory Judges insight into tech? It's just... Ugh.

Yep. Got me again. I swear I was gonna stop replying to these. Bah. Now I need a shower for even replying here. Such shame. Why Jay. Why. :(

Well played Sin. Well played. :D :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="The Shadow King"]

When it rains, it pours. You've got your answer and much much more. Cheers and happy hunting!

*grab shampoo and a towel*

Now if you'll excuse me. Gotta hit that bathtube Karen Roberts style. :D :p

When disposing of acid you use sodium bicarbonate, this will allow the acid to be washed down a sink without it being harmful to pluming, sewers and so forth. The sink is left on so that you can wash the bottle the acid was in, out. The acid was poured out, hit the sink bottom - missed the sodium bicarbonate, and a droplet bounced back up, under the safety goggles and below the eye.

I actually have the direct description (not the wookieepedia paraphrasing) right here. It reads:

"Special: This weapon may fire 10 shots before reloading. it requires a 10-shot clip of special ammunition (cost 100). This weapon makes a ranged touch attack to hit.

A highly advanced and specialized slugthrower, the Dissuader fires special ammunition that consists of a metal-jacketed cartridge filled with borless acid. The shot deals 1d10 points of damage initially; the potent acid then deals 1d4 points of damage per round for 3 rounds or until it is washed off. The acid destroys armor. Each point of damage reduced by the armor permanently reduces the armor's damage reduction. For example, if the acid deals 3 points of damage to a suit of medium battle armor (DR 5), the armor's damage reduction is reduced to DR 2."

I don't know tabletop game speak, but this is the description from the Arms & Equipment Guide [The only source for the item]... Hope this may help somehow.

There is a website I use which has some of the older tabletop sourcebooks available online. I just looked it up real fast in the book it's from.

Here: http://swrw.net/source/

edit: the pdf files are big, so give it time when you open one. I also suggest to open only one at a time.

There were precautions for these rare events, and while it may have stung for a while, it was easily remedied. Though I think what with the way you're searching, The Queen should roll around in some sodium bicarb en case of your next attack haha

:wub: being a tech admin long ago, on a forum far far away has it's perks.

But i'd say that it could burn a hole through armor, if not washed off quickly. Idunno what borless acid is, and I can't find it on either wiki or wookiee. Cheers, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom