Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightsaber designs

I was searching for a lightsaber for one of my characters when I came across some very interesting concepts never before seen in Star Wars (Or at least I haven't seen them before)

lacera.jpg

comprehensive-approach1.jpg

darth_jay_lightsaber_concept_by_jaymahjad.jpg

Let me know what you think! Have you seen any strange or interesting lightsaber concepts? Post 'em here!

The second picture I have seen before and I believe it was modeled after a lightsaber that was in the Comics and only used once.
The third pic is most likely a modified version of the Lightsaber Guard Shoto (Tonfa)
The first one is lightsaber claws. Tried to make that for a character of mine a while back, but didn't work out.

All these funky, aesthetically pleasing designs would have someone without a limb/head in no time (by someone I mean the wielder) :p Highly impractical, but fascinating all the same. The second I've seen a fair few times.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
If you need a truly unique saber remember there were a few in canon. The first double blade came from a single hilt, there are gauntlets and one even made claws but they were not very effective. Nothing beats a good blade and I only need one. Though I also have specially designed ones

A character i wrote used the second lightsaber design, instead of having like one spear end it was a double three ends. Honestly, it was more of a "Look at how badass i am" kind of weapon than really effective. When you get into the crazier lightsaber designs its all about trying to intimidate your opponent because they've never fought something like it before. Unfortunately in RP people don't often convey that and they just run in charging.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I was making a saber glaive for my faction. You know, the fantasy ones that look like giant throwing stars? Not the polearm called a glaive.

Jacen Cavill said:
If you don't think a single lightsaber blade is dangerous...well you aren't using it properly.
One saber is deadly, Very true. Since it could cut anything alot of concentration was needed to use one correctly. Even if people used two at the same time, it requires even more. @[member="Daxton Bane"] was the creator of a fighting style called Path of the Scorpion where three blades were used (two by hand and one by force) It required so much concentration on the users part that it would be very hard to use any other force powers. My character Darren Shaw used it once and even added to it with four blades. And that was VERY taxing on my part. I re framed myself from using any and all force powers at that point. SO to answer your question all in all. @[member="Sadrion"] yes they would be scary and cool to weild, but not very effective. You would use too much concentration to control the blade rather than fighting. That's why you don't see them all that often.

I enjoy the idea of a saberstaff due to the ability to surprise someone with the second blade if you refrain from using it long enough.

@[member="Dove"] Didn't Darth Kreia already do that? she used the force to make her three lightsabers fight for her and that was around 3000 bby... I think that's the time frame at least.

@[member="Dove"] I understand that. In hindsight, the purpose in making this thread was simply for cosmetic purposes, showing the imaginative mind of some artists. I didn't mean for this to be a debate or anything lol.

But...but it's got THREE blades plus it detaches and when it detaches two MORE blades come out, and plus too one of the blades is actually a THROWING STAR that I can control with my EVIL the Force! No? Well then I've got seven single-bladed lightsabers. One for each hand and five that I control with EVIL my mind because the Force is why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom