Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightsaber designs

Tricia Kalamack

Sleeps all day.... yawns all night
When it comes to lightsabers you should keep it simple... Or train really hard, live thousands of years and learn how to be uber specialized to the point all other skills are atrophied to have a talent.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I enjoyed the original concept art by Ralph McQuarrie of the Stormtrooper with a white saber. It gave rise to the idea that anybody in the Mythos could have a laser sword. But then George decided the lightsaber should become the special snowflake symbol of only the Jedi and the Sith. Leading to the endless stream of nonsense that is: "Only a Force User can use a lightsaber, cause reasons?"

Give me a Warhammer 40k Powersword anyday. Sword and Board baby! :D

Review_ConceptStormtrooper_still.JPG

Pretty sure the only thing stopping muggles from using lightsabers is the very real chance of them cutting their own limbs off and their inability to see the future, thus rendering the "reflect lasers" function useless.

I mean, like half of the Chaos galaxy is Force sensitive anyway. Lightsabers and anti-lightsaber tech are some of our most common stuff.

Some people like options. Modern double lightsabers can activate one blade at a time. Some can split in half and be put back with a simple locking mechanism, such as mine. Nothing is wrong with a single, but what's wrong with two?

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
Mine are interlocking fiber corded sabers with a little extra cord and weight to be tossed like a bolo or used as a nunchuk. Then they can go back together for a staff.

Then I have a waterproof, single blade for over all smashing purposes.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Fabula Cavataio said:
Weird lightsabers always irritate me. What the heck is so wrong with a standard one-emitter blade? Is the drive to be speshul that intense?
Same reason there is not just "longsword" in real life. Different strokes for different folks. Or in this case, different styles. It's not about "speshul." :p

Syn said:
Says the woman who can punch a hole in a reinforced door.
Just about any force user can do that with the force? Barrier around the hand and increase the strength of the punch and then TA-DA! preso the way is clear.

Though to do it a few times will be needed, Fabs to do it twice is AWESOME!
Syn HATERS GONNA HATE!

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
*sighs* No sweetie Dove that is the joke with her character. She is super polite and super strong to the point of comedy and her bust size changes each post to whatever size gets a laugh.

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
Vulpesen said:
... was used. cant they hook up a prosthetic to your side? Some anesthetic and a knife should rid you of the burned out nerves.
@[member="Vulpesen"]

The nerves are actually fine. I was tended to by one of the better healers around, @[member="Boolon Murr"]. Just haven't gotten around to getting a prosthetic, on account of getting fired and my heroic BSOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom