Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Mandates? Like em, Hate em - How do you feel about them?

But Vaaaaaaaaaaaal puppy dog eyes

I'm just kidding xD - Actually, I agree. It's a FUN thought unleashing two mandates because "chaos" is the name of the game but factions aren't really "stuck" in any mandate (Outside of the 60 day wait time for everyone...) that I know of. Mandates are a good thing. A great thing. But it might make them less special/impactful going that route.

why you beggin Val bro

you barely got vassal states by me you think I'm gonna give 2 mandates to everyone lmfao we don't even know how broke the mandates really are yet and you wanna double up

besides, literally everyone, because they're pansies, will just pick Vassal State or the other secondary cloud mandate as their second.

But Vaaaaaaaaaaaal puppy dog eyes

I'm just kidding xD - Actually, I agree. It's a FUN thought unleashing two mandates because "chaos" is the name of the game but factions aren't really "stuck" in any mandate (Outside of the 60 day wait time for everyone...) that I know of. Mandates are a good thing. A great thing. But it might make them less special/impactful going that route.
Tefka Tefka Srina Talon Srina Talon

Why not have staff promote an one additional mandate from the list that apply to all major factions on rotation as a temporary measure within.... say a two or three week span? No notice, just BAM -- Here is the mandate all factions can use for the next three weeks --- go forth and cause chaos.

That way you get your chaos, ability to use two in a very limited timeframe, and then take it away.

It will be random and not that often - a kind of a flashpoint mandate style thing that suddenly forces Major factions to decide if they want to take advantage of it right then and there.

Why not have staff promote an one additional mandate from the list that apply to all major factions on rotation as a temporary measure within.... say a two or three week span? No notice, just BAM -- Here is the mandate all factions can use for the next three weeks --- go forth and cause chaos.

STAR WARS RP CHAOS: INTRODUCING SEASONAL PVP

DONT FORGET TO CHECK THE SHOP FOR OVERPRICED FACTION SKINS

STAR WARS RP CHAOS: INTRODUCING SEASONAL PVP

DONT FORGET TO CHECK THE SHOP FOR OVERPRICED FACTION SKINS

DO IT!!! SEASONAL PVP MANDATE!

luna-terra.gif

Tefka Tefka Srina Talon Srina Talon

That way you get your chaos, ability to use two in a very limited timeframe, and then take it away.

It will be random and not that often - a kind of a flashpoint mandate style thing that suddenly forces Major factions to decide if they want to take advantage of it right then and there.

To stop memeing about it though, this is probably the natural evolution of making the game a little more exciting.

But we already integrated Flashpoints into the rules and they never get used. Not only because Staff is a bit lazy, but also pretty hesitant. Why fix something that works? Even I, the chaos primary mover, am hesitant to tip the scales.

Its easy to operate under the guise of “chaos”, but it’s problematic when you’re a faction getting the short end of the stick. In today’s sensitive environment, where game mechanics and judge decisions get conflated with OOC targeting, it’s difficult to push a global mechanism that is universally beloved and accepted.

Edit: in short, a faction is bound to be adversely affected by a global mechanism. Its easy to say who cares, its much more difficult to feel justified when a group capitulates because of a Staff decision.

Its doable. But unlikely to happen.

Personally, I’m still waiting to see the Horcrux Mandate get used.

It provides an interesting mechanic for Underworld and Criminal factions. Also gives Sub-Factions an avenue to expand into a Major without having to fully break away from their “Parent” faction.

Grand Inquisitor of the EOTL
Got back from a long and unexpected absence recently, but did want to comment on this. I love them them honestly and think they add a fun twist to the map game.

Per the OP I find the passive gains are fine, they give people a break from Dominion grinding and allow for more faction threads without the worry of "falling behind" on the map game, and allow one to have a use for UCs, and overall I like them in general. Of the new 2024 mandates, I find Kingmaker, Megacorpolis, Horcrux, Wild Magic, Strength of the Matriarchy, and Eternal Fleet most interesting. If I had more time, I would definitely be looking to use Horcrux to make a criminal/subfaction, Strength of the Matriarchy to make a Dathomiri Witch faction, and Eternal Fleet to make more of a fun kind of raiding pirate faction. If I ever MFO again I'd probably use Kingmaker in conjunction with an alliance with other factions or might just have fun with Wild Magic because I'm a gambler.

I think two simultaneous mandates, depending on the combination, could become broken extremely fast though, but it could be fun for a month or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom