Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Master and Apprentice

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze sat back listening to Jasper. It seemed as if he had set him off on a speech of sorts. He sure did say a lot of nice things that sorta made sense to Braze. But he couldn't just up and change how he felt could he? He could try and see things from a reasonable rational perspective... and he tried to follow along with what Jasper. He didn't want to argue with Jasper or say anything in disagreement with him either.

"Alright. " Braze finally said when he thought that Jasper was finished. "I guess I have a lot to do then..." he trailed lightly and moved to stand up. "Guess I'll start by fetching those drafts for you to take a look at." Braze trailed lightly, his voice was mousey and meek sounding, seemingly eager to try to find a lighter topic.

There was a brief yet firm knock on the front door of the house, which indeed sat perched on a mountainside. Given the house's remote location, high above the valley, enveloped in the tranquil silence of the high altitudes, the sound of the knock echoed unusually in the sparse air. Who could possibly be visiting them up here?

Should Jasper decide to see who was at the door, he would meet an odd-looking fellow. The visitor had long, snowy white hair that flowed down his shoulders, giving him an almost ethereal appearance. He was dressed in elegant, pale tones, lending him an air of sophistication. His glasses, with thin silver frames, sat precisely perched on his nose, and he held a small, leather bound case in one hand. His icy blue eyes, tinged with silver, matched his pale, almost luminescent skin.

Sacorria
Tags: Braze Braze

QMYkguM.png

Jasper sighed as Braze walked off, only to be distracted by a knock at the door. This was... odd. He never got visitors. He stepped over to the door, opening to see a pale fellow with white hair and glasses.

"I... who are you?" Jasper asked with a frown. "Did you take the gondola up here? That's like an hour wait."

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Yes, that is me," Jasper remarked with a frown.

Was this what it was like to have an encounter with a door to door salesman? He hadn't really owned a proper house before this. Well, no. He imagined that they typically didn't spend increadible effort to find remote homes belonging to specific public figures to make sales. This was likely something else, right?

"So..." he continued. "Can... I help you?"

"Ah, so you have taken custody of Jin'taro's child, correct? In that case, there are several important matters I must discuss with you. As Braze's new guardian, it falls upon you to be informed of certain obligations. Specifically, I must entrust Jasper Kai'el, as Braze's trustee, with a significant set of responsibilities. This includes providing you with access to the family clan's secret will, granting specific rights, and transferring other inheritances that should now be under a Jasper Kai'el's care, acting as a steward and guardian for Braze's affairs.

However, I feel it necessary to forewarn you: Braze's mother has expressed discontent with this arrangement. She has pursued legal avenues in an attempt to challenge and potentially overturn it. I have been summoned to testify in several courts to defend the decisions that ultimately favored your position as was detailed in my duties and obligations to Jin'taro,"
he explained, his tone thoughtful and measured.

"The situation is indeed quite complex, with various legal and familial considerations at play. May I enter so that we may discuss this matter further and ensure that you are fully apprised of all relevant details?"

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Legally challenge?" Jasper scoffed. "Ignoring the fact that his mother gave up custody of her son to the Jedi Order, she's a terrorist to the Alliance... I've personally seen and collected evidence of selling her services to the Sith, illegal cloning operations, human trafficking. I'm more than willing to talk about the Sith Assassin she told to kill her own subbordinate too. My droid has footage of that encounter. I mean, I'm glad that my position was favorable and that you spoke well on my behalf, but..."

This was increadibly stupid. If she was trying to pull strings in the Alliance, she was going to leave a paper trail. This was a window of opportunity to have her found and tried before the GA courts. He didn't really understand the angle at all. Where was the rationality?

"Is she in Alliance space?" he questioned. "Is law enforcement aware?"

"I understand the gravity of the evidence you've mentioned, Jasper. However, in the case concerning Braze's custody and the will, those specific details weren't brought forward. The proceedings were focused primarily on the stipulations of Jin'taro's will and the suitability of guardians as per Eshan's recommendations. That being said, the information you've provided could be crucial for broader legal actions against her, especially given her activities. My presence here is to ensure Braze's immediate safety and your legal standing in this particular case first. There are some things I am entrusted to give to you." Kaito trailed lightly.

Braze padded back carrying with him his data pad with his draft sketches. " Who are you talking to?" Braze asked curiously trying to take a peek around Jasper at who was standing out side his door.

Kaito adjusted his glasses and peered down at the small voice that spoke up from behind Jasper a look of curi0osity crossing his pale features.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"She may pose a threat to Galactic Alliance security," Jasper noted with a frown. "Not to mention she sent a bounty hunter after Braze not to long ago that saw him injured. Needless to say I have a responsibility to see her put away, so if you happen to have any other information on the woman I'd appreciate it. And... if her legal staff are still on Eshan I would like to request that they are not allowed to leave just yet."

Braze padded back carrying with him his data pad with his draft sketches. " Who are you talking to?"

The knight turned his head to Braze, stepping to the side a little so that the young Echani could see the individual at his door. He awkwardly rubbed at his shoulder for a moment.

"They're a relative of yours I believe," he explained. "Here to give me important legal documents. Stuff about the matter of your inheritance and other things. I'm assuming he's a relative anyways. He does look like the clone your mother had with her."

The blue eyes especially. There was some familial similarity there. It wasn't a stretch to assume that this was a brother or a cousin of Braze's biological father. Whatever the case was, it was interesting to note that Braze clearly had not met the man before. He couldn't help but wonder what had kept the boy so disconnected from his own family, even with how brief the time he spent with them was.

Jasper would take the documents the man had handed to him, thumbing them over for a moment.

"Is there anything you'd like to discuss with him directly?" Jasper asked. "Frankly, I can't help but feel the matter of his father's will concerns him more than it should concern me."

Kaito smiled fondly as he looked at Braze. "Hello there. You must be Braze," Kaito began, offering a white-gloved hand to the youth. "I'm Kaito, your uncle."

Braze stared at the stranger as if trying to remember him from distant memories, but he did not approach nor did he offer to take his hand. He was wary of anyone new, especially someone claiming to be a relative.

They did bear a striking resemblance to each other, however. Most Echani looked uncannily similar by palettes alone, but Kaito seemed to share several visual traits with Braze, albeit more mature.

"Okay..." Braze stated simply, showing little interest in engaging further.

Kaito shook his head briefly and withdrew his hand, shifting his pale blue gaze to Jasper briefly.

"If you think now is a good time for him to have everything, far be it from me to stand in the way. You are his current guardian, after all, and I do not intend to contest you." he said plainly.

He moved to take off a bag from his back and shifted awkwardly trying to retrieve something from it before producing a box and offering it to Braze. It was a simple dark brown package, resembling a typical shipping box.

Braze eyed it warily before looking at Jasper, seemingly uncertain if he should accept anything from someone who was essentially a stranger to him.

"What is it?" Braze asked.

Kaito offered the youth a curious glance and cocked his head slightly to the side. "I'm not entirely certain. I think it could be a puzzle of sorts... It was your father's, and he left it in my care for you when he placed you with the Jedi," Kaito explained gently. "He had asked that I give it to you when you were older. But things have changed since then," he tried to express to Braze, acknowledging the complexities of the legal system, yet wanting to convey it in an easy to understand manner for a child. It seemed that until recently, Kaito actually held some legal binding to Braze, one that he didn't mind turning over to Jasper.

Braze hesitantly took the box from him.

This prompted Kaito to fetch a few more items from the bag. Next, he produced a smaller box slightly larger than an envelope, vibrant red in color, secured with blackened twine. Underneath the twine, a dark blood-red envelope was tied, sealed with a wax stamp directly on the twine itself. Lastly, he produced a fob and offered it to Braze.

Slowly but surely, Braze accepted each item, carefully balancing them in his hands.

Kaito seemed to study Braze intently, searching for something. Not finding it, he asked curiously, "What have you done with your little crystal, Braze?"

Braze looked surprised to be asked such a question by Kaito. "What crystal?" he replied, feigning ignorance.

"The one your father gave you when you were just a little sprite," Kaito said.

"I don't think that's any of your concern," Braze retorted, his tone defensive.

Kaito stifled a chuckle and shook his head. "My... You certainly share your father's fiery spirit, don't you?" Braze chose not to respond.

Kaito turned to Jasper. "I'd wager he's quite the handful for you," he added, taking a small breath and sighing.

"But you mentioned a clone?" Kaito asked, his curiosity piqued, perhaps wanting to learn more about that. "As for Lady Kyoteru's legal aid... well, they haven't left Eshan yet," he noted slowly, his icy blue eyes settling on Jasper's.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"If you think now is a good time for him to have everything, far be it from me to stand in the way. You are his current guardian, after all, and I do not intend to contest you."

"We'll sit down and chat about everything once I've read through the contents of the documents," Jasper decided.

They had already had a great deal of important conversation already. They probably shouldn't jump right into something else. The knight stood by passively as his uncle handed off materials to him, the two engaging in a notably awkward converation, at least on the side of Braze. Jasper, of course, understood what occured with his crystal. It wasn't something that he was going to divulge. He would leave that alone as the older Echani asked more things.

"But you mentioned a clone?"

"Yeah," he remarked with a frown. "She called him Valor I believe. Kinda similar to Braze, but not quite the same. Actually he had blue eyes just like yours." Jasper gave a soft chuckle as he connected the dots on his head. "Huh. Sounds like a last-ditch effort to gain some inheritance. Not that it matters now. The clone went rogue. She's been supplying a Sith agent, and she seemed to allow the assassin the freedom to kill the kid."

The confirmation that the legal aid of the lady was still on Eshan was good. It was a lead. He could work with that.

"If you could, make sure this aid does not leave Galactic Alliance space," the knight requested. "Law enforcement will want to question them on the whereabouts of their client."

She still thought she could play her own game here, using Eshan behind the back of the Alliance. This wasn't a game Jasper was going to play. One way or another, he was going to see that sorry excuse for an organic sentient being thrown into a pit and locked up for the rest of time.

Eventually, anyways.

"How curious.. " Kaito smiled warmly. "I believe I can arrange that. Though, I kindly ask that any arrangements we make remain anonymous in your reports," he said, hinting that he may have already taken some less-than-legal actions for personal reasons.

"I'd be delighted to host you and the little one at the estate if you decide to pay us a visit," Kaito offered. "If there's nothing else, then I'll take my leave." With a simple nod, Kaito bid farewell.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"If there's nothing else, then I'll take my leave."

"Yeah, I think that's all," Jasper shrugged. "Thanks for the documents and all."

Jasper would let the man depart, glancing through the documents some more before he decided to move over to a nearby shelf, pulling out a small lock box.

"I'm just gonna assume this stuff is important," he muttered, putting it within the box. "I'll read these later."

It wasn't long before his attention was back to Braze.

"Apparently your mother was trying to pull legal strings to regain custody of you on Eshan," the knight remarked. "Not that it would superceed GA law. Hardly matters anyways, she was slapped down pretty quickly. Sounded like a ploy to get your inheritance for herself."

"I think she just wants me to be her little doll she can brag about, but that's not gonna happen," Braze stated simply, a hint of frustration evident in his voice.

"I don't know what happened... She used to be so nice when I was small... Maybe my perceptions have changed..." Braze trailed off as he settled himself down, pondering the shifting dynamics of his relationship with the person he once knew so well. He settled himself down, placing the pad and items aside before looking up at Jasper expectantly.

Last edited:

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"I don't know what happened... She used to be so nice when I was small... Maybe my perceptions have changed..."

"Sometimes people just... change," Jasper sighed. "You never really know why. It may be for a reason... or maybe it's just how they were ment to wind up. It's difficult... but some things we just can't change."

He gave Braze a pat on the back.

"I don't plan on changing," he assured. "If that is worth anything. I'm not perfect by any means, but I wanna do my best to make sure you have a constant."

A growing young man needed such stability. He wasn't going to pretend that he was a perfect teacher, but he was someone consistent that Braze could lean on. There was value in that, something that Jasper had come to recognize that he had come to need as a padawan. If anything else, he could be what he hadn't really had for the echani.

"Oh, you were grabbing those blueprints, right?"

"I did, yes." He offered his datapad to Jasper and set his eyes on the box he'd been given. He tried to open it with a bit of difficulty before finally producing an odd object. It was a rather strange artifact, but it soon became evident that it was some kind of holocron. It looked like it was carved from a marbled kind of stone for its exterior casing and came across as more ceremonial than anything, but it came with a stand. Braze set the stand out and gently placed the orb upon it, and it began to slowly turn.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Not bad, kid," Jasper noted as he looked through the designs Braze had made. "I see the vision. I could begin working on this..."

It was a rather strange artifact, but it soon became evident that it was some kind of holocron. It looked like it was carved from a marbled kind of stone for its exterior casing and came across as more ceremonial than anything, but it came with a stand. Braze set the stand out and gently placed the orb upon it, and it began to slowly turn.

Jasper observed the device as it turned, frowning and inquisitively scratching at the scruff on his chin.

"Don't think I've ever seen a holocron like that," he muttered. "Not one that wasn't old as dirt, anyways."

But what made it so important for Braze to have? There was really ony one way to find out...

"Nooo... it couldn't be," Braze interjected, his tone tinged with skepticism. "It looks nothing like a holochron. I think you're wrong."
He shook his head, his blindfold concealing the doubt in his eyes. "I... think it's a silly art deco piece," he stated confidently, his words carrying an air of certainty.

In truth, it bore no resemblance to any holochron he'd ever encountered. Braze remained steadfast in his belief, convinced that Jasper was simply joking.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"What?" Jasper reacted, giving a frown. "Come on, look at it? See those channels in the orb? It's designed to be opened. Just trust me. Give it a little probe with your mind."

It wasn't a dark artifact at the very least, but Jasper was fairly certain that it was a holocron of some sort, and if not that a databank. It was clearly designed to be interacted with via the force. He'd rather leave such a thing to Braze, however. Whatever information lie stored within, that was for him.

"So, y'know..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom