Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Rim and Rebirth | Tingel Arm Coalition, Hurikane

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Loomi Loomi Kiwa Kiles Kiwa Kiles

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png
Braze moved swiftly to help Loomi with the paint supplies, handling each item with care as he set them out neatly in a row. Brushes of various sizes, rollers, and trays filled with paint were organized meticulously on the drop cloth spread across the floor. Satisfied with the arrangement, Braze shrugged off his overcoat, revealing a simple, well-worn shirt beneath, and draped the coat over a nearby chair.

Turning back to Loomi, he offered a reassuring smile. "Be careful not to inhale the fumes too much," he advised, his voice gentle but firm. He reached for a paintbrush, dipping it into a can of pale white. With a practiced hand, he began to apply the paint to the closest wall, the bristles gliding smoothly across the surface. "If you need a break, just let me know," Braze added, glancing over his shoulder at Loomi. "We can take turns to keep the air fresh in here."

Fumes, smumes. None of that mattered to Kiwa...But she supposed it was a bigger thing for other people to care for their health. Then again, health and safety was already a thing that Kiwa didn't take much purchase in, considering she was using the blow torch without any safety equipment, but she'd done this dozens of times before in her own workshop, squinting ever so slightly and sticking her tongue out as she carried on cutting away at the rusty metal, dropping it into a bucket next to her. She'd have to take all of the rust away once she was fully done but that wasn't going to be for a while at this point.

Loomi Loomi Braze Braze

mig-post-header.png
If the droid's face could articulate, he hoped that it would be showing off something akin to a kind smile. Unfortunately, his face was frozen in its menacing, stoic position. Nonetheless, he tried to make up for it by giving her a thumbs up.

“It's a pleasure, Miss Jonyna.” His vocabulator spoke politely, “And I would like to meet this B1 brain of yours. Could swap war stories.”

He moved to another plant nearby and began working on weed removal from it. He was surprisingly touched by how unafraid she was of him. Moreso of how she seemed to treat him like an equal. The Maker moves in mysterious code, he supposed. His head perked a little at her job offering.

“That's a mighty fine proposition.” He responded, “I'll think on it. Couldn't be much worse than dealing with the Guild.”

In between Koboh and the Tingel Arm, he had applied and got accepted into the Bounty Hunter's Guild. Not that he took up many pucks in his time. Just the occasional lawbreaker who needed to be brought back to justice. True justice, with a trial. He never took Imperial bounties. He saw his fair share of white buckets centuries prior.

“I will at least take up that offer of upgrades...or at least maintenance.” He made a tip of his hat, “Maker knows this chassis has seen better days. Some of my joints seize up. I think you organics might call it arthritis.”

He made a little chuckle and pulled yet another weed from the dirt. He heard someone else in the garden. Not far, but just far enough. He swiveled his frame and saw a strangely foxish man. He adjusted his volume to be more of low yell.

“Come join us, friend!” He called out to the man, “As they say: Wa uohsa cahla ah uohsa siana!

yPlW0IN.png

TEMPLE HANGAR
Sayno Clawe Sayno Clawe Valin Zenth Valin Zenth

Captain Drake reached out and caught the fusion cutter one handed. Plasma reflected off black lenses once the spacer gave it an experimental squeeze. Atlas lifted up his tech goggles so that he could turn and look at this nautolan in the eye.

"Take a craft into the deep black that you don't love," Drake flashed a charming smile, "She'll shake you off sure as the turning of the worlds."

It was true his pride and joy had seen better days. Better years, even. Smuggling contraband past Imperial patrols could be very hazardous work. As if to illustrate this point the survey ship's descending hydraulic cargo elevator locked up, suspending a hold several meters off Sayno's hangar deck filled with crates of starfighter components, medical supplies, and power cells.

"Karabast!"

He climbed back down the sublight engine housing to get a better look. With his hand not clutching a borrowed fusion cutter, Atlas reached out to offer the nautolan an oil-smeared frontier shake.

"Captain Drake. Atlas Drake," he gestured with the fusion cutter back at his ship, "Her name's Constellation. Know anything about fixing ion drives?"

Last edited:

Hurikane Jedi Temple, Halls of Healing
Tags: Kiwa Kiles Kiwa Kiles , Braze Braze

Fj8rIWR.png

"Oh, right," Loomi nodded. "Rust. That's bad."

Thankfully they seemed to be making good progress on removing the rust already. Kiwa seemed to continue working, focusing on the work that she was performing. Something about it was rather mesmorizing to someone who had no real experience with tools and mechanics. She wasn't really a builder of any kind. The Godoan would much rather weave then have to deal with all the complicated wires and metals, or who knew what else for that matter. Loomi gave a nod as Braze stated they could take a break if they needed, sitting down to begin painting one of the clean sections of the wall.

"Okay," the padawan agreed. "I'll be sure to not get too tired."

As she began painting, Loomi tilted her head in the direction of Kiwa.

"So... Miss- I mean not-Miss Kiwa," she began, "You... know tech and things good, right? What kind of things to you build?"

Perhaps she would be a good person to consult on an idea that she had. Time would tell...

7VaB1in.png
TAG: M1G-77 M1G-77 Vulpesen Vulpesen

The woman smiled as she tended to a plant, watering it with nothing more than the moisture of the air. "My head mechanic would love to see you. She's a bit feisty though, so don't let her go loose on you. She'd probably try and install a starfighter cannon in your arm or something." Jonyna chuckled, "But I can arrange a tune up at least. Something like that can at least get your back in the even playing field with the Imperials."

Her mind wandered over to Vulpes. Ugh, he was like a stalker at this point. She considered perhaps getting a restraining order on him. Maybe throw a cease and desist VSF's way if she felt spicy.

wb1.png

Atlas Drake Atlas Drake Sayno Clawe Sayno Clawe

Valin couldn't help but release a wholehearted chuckle upon overhearing Drake's comment about treating a ship right. The humor was a welcome distraction as he approached the daunting task ahead. Deciding to start with some of the larger piles of metal, he meticulously set up the ingot molds to pour the molten metal into.

Carefully, he worked the kiln. The intense heat required his full attention, and he ensured to exercise caution with every step. The process was slow, but Valin's approach was essential to avoid any mishaps.

6t57sao.png

Objective: Have a look around
Outfit: White Fancy Armor
Equipment: See Bio
Tags: OPEN

PHEgrNg.png

Since the reemergence of Darth Solipsis Kaska had ached to get into some real action. Sure there was always something for her to do in the Morellian Commonwealth, but it was so far out of the way that it usually boiled down to some boring patrol or hunting down some outlaw who thought that Wild Space was far enough out that the galactic powers would let warrants go unclaimed. That was enough to keep Kaska’s mind occupied day in and day out, but when she put her head down on the pillow at night her thoughts drifted. There was no peace. She needed a purpose. And as much as she wanted it to be at the moment that couldn’t be hunting down Darth Solipsis and his minions.

Word traveled slowly in Wild Space, but when Jedi Masters venture out from the Core of the Galactic Alliance, that gets to Kaska’s ears quickly. She immediately started towards Hurikane when it was confirmed that was where Jonyna Si Jonyna Si and Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el had made off to. Unfortunately she did not arrive in time to take part in liberating the Temple from the pirates that occupied it. But there was more than battle to occupy the moment. And when the temple was ready, or there was a threat to be answered she knew that she was in the right place to make a difference. Her father would be proud.

There were murmurs about the temple that the group was to be called the Aquillian Rangers, and once she was settled in she would find out where she would find herself in the organization. Kaska may have been given the rank of knight from the Jedi, but she wasn’t sure what if anything that would mean here. She was a law keeper outside of the active knowledge base of the New Jedi Order. There was hope that her experience would not require further proving herself to get her own missions, but if they felt she needed a Master to guide her she would not fight it.

Kaska walked the grounds of the temple. There was a lot of work to do to make this place home for a group of Jedi looking to overthrow tyranny in the Outer Rim. Kaska would make her way to the Halls of Healing or the Gardens when the time was right she was sure. They would be sanctuaries for her to continue to seek peace of mind and focus on her new mission. For now she walked the hallways of the barracks and looked inside an open doorway.

The room inside was a mess. Unlivable, which to Kaska meant it was unclaimed. A Jedi could make do with pretty horrible living conditions that was for sure, but none would sleep in a place like this when the ability to make it something else was about. Using the Force, Kaska pushed aside some debris and made her way to a bed in the corner. She fluffed the mattress as best she could but shook her head. ”No, no, nope. This just isn’t going to do. We’re going to need to overhaul everything,” she said to herself chuckling at sounding like some petty aristocrat. She placed her bag with all her belongings on a broken desk and sighed. ”Has to be someone around here in charge of sprucing up the place…”

Braze didn't seem to mind painting; it was rather zen-like. After a while, he started to zone out, letting his mind drift and wander. Things sure did feel different all the way out here. There was no one constantly looking over his shoulder, no peers to impress or show off to in large crowds, no one to judge him on his skill with the Force or present lack thereof. This was a lot more peaceful, he thought, as he slowly helped the wall take on a sterile white hue.

The pale white reminded him of that awful place he and Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el had found, propagated by his mother. He wondered what had happened to her. His young memories were fuzzy, but she just didn't seem like the same woman to him. Something was off. What would have possessed such a sweet lady to turn to such... terrible things?

As he continued painting, Braze's thoughts wandered further. The tranquility of this task contrasted sharply with the chaos of his past. Here, in the quiet, he could reflect without distraction. The memories of his mother were a puzzle he couldn't quite piece together. He remembered her kindness, her warmth, and yet, those memories clashed with the cold, ruthless figure she had become.

Braze sighed, the rhythm of his brush strokes providing a soothing backdrop to his musings. He wondered if he would ever understand the choices she made. Perhaps, one day, he might find the answers. For now, he focused on the simple act of painting, finding solace in its simplicity and the rare moment of peace it offered.

He wondered briefly if he might see more of Balun Dashiell Balun Dashiell , he didn't know much about the boy aside form tehir little stint on the water planet not too long go.

"Rust is arguably bad, yeah. It depends on where it is. If it's on the stuff you're trying to use? Very bad, yes. If it's on the stuff of the people you don't like? Then it's very nice. Otherwise it's just...neutral. It's just a natural process. The same as growing old for example. Rust can be seen as a sign of how old metal is sometimes."

Kiwa rambled away a little bit as she kept her tongue stuck out in concentration. Cut that piece of rust off...Cut this piece. It was slow but steady work and honestly, it was a lot more relaxing than having blaster bolts shot in your direction. Hm...She shook her head, trying not to think about that much longer, before turning her head over at the sound of Loomi's voice once again, blinking a few times...before breaking out into a manic grin.

"Oh! I make lotsa things. Weapons are the main thing I'm focusin' on but I know about making armour as well. Some cybernetics 'cause of my eyes, a few bits here and there about droids. Used to tinker with them all the time back home, they were the only things that would actually stick by me. I'm just not great with ships or vehicles. Things that go vroom have no room in my mind."
She giggled to herself at the rhyme she had made before turning her attention back towards burning off more rust, with a bit more energy now that she got to talk about some things.

Loomi Loomi Braze Braze

yPlW0IN.png
Hurikane, Temple Hanger Bay

Tags:
Atlas Drake Atlas Drake Valin Zenth Valin Zenth
"Captain Drake. Atlas Drake," he gestured with the fusion cutter back at his ship, "Her name's Constellation. Know anything about fixing ion drives?"

"Sayno Clawe." He offered a smile. "Former head of security for the Lothal Protectorate, current Rebel Commander."

Camaraderie.

Two souls, bound by fate and time.

A simple story.

"I do not, though one of my men does."
He paused, looking back to the crowd. "Griff! You are a mechanic, yes?"

A wookie looked up from under a ship, letting out a roar, before waddling his way over.

Hurikane Jedi Temple, Halls of Healing
Tags: Kiwa Kiles Kiwa Kiles , Braze Braze

Fj8rIWR.png

Oh. She made things like weapons and equipment. That... could work, but Loomi didn't really know if now was the time for favors. She simply gave a nod, taking in the words that Kiwa put out in the world in regards to what she liked to build, as well as the mention of being bad with starship.

The Godoan gave a tilt of her head to peer over Braze's shoulder, watching as he seemed to paint in a meditative fashion. Their bond in the Force had changed ever since he went to battle at Coruscant. She could still feel it, clearly stronger than all of the other connections she had made, but a lot of the things she was able to feel before eluded her now. Perhaps that was for the best. Loomi understood well enough that the dreams she experienced were less than pleasant. It probably saved Braze a lot of stress.

"Braze, you've made weapons and other thing, right?" Loomi finally mused after a moment of silence. "Maybe you should team up and make a something... big?" Her cheeks reddened a little. "I-I don't actually know what inventors team up to make."

Hurikane Jedi Temple, Hangar
Tags: Valin Zenth Valin Zenth
xRQsgi3.png

Lightsaber
Jasper sighed as he made his way into the hangar, briefly making note of the commotion of Atlas Drake Atlas Drake 's arrival and Sayno Clawe Sayno Clawe being thrown into the scenerio of assistant mechanic. He'd figure it out, Jasper decided, leaving them to their work. He approached Knight Zenth, who had been melting down scrap to be repurposed.

"Shell of the Temple is done," he relayed. "The rest of this metal can go to starship repairs."

And did they ever have a starships to repair. They had just begun testing a new starfighter of his own design, integrating tech from some of the TAC's most technologically skilled allies. Jasper was nothing if not eager to see it in the air proper, but they would need time. Getting the present force enough material to keep moving along was a priority until the first batch of Delta Wings was hot off the assembly line. For now, at least, he had another Jedi under his watch to get to know, a rather short watch in this case given the height of Knight Zenth. Jasper was only in charge by technicallity, but his position here he took with the same value as his role as Sentinel of Harmony.

A leader had ought to know his peers.

"You can let Master Raene know that he has my thanks for sending the aid of you and his padawan," Jasper stated. "I... understand his reasoning for remaining in the Core. Regardless, knights are in high demand. You're presence here is highly valued if we're to begin a proper Jedi opperation here in the rim."

It didn't make much of them, but he would take what he got.

"Braze, you've made weapons and other thing, right?" Loomi finally mused after a moment of silence. "Maybe you should team up and make a something... big?" Her cheeks reddened a little. "I-I don't actually know what inventors team up to make."
Braze was drawn from his thoughts as Loomi mentioned his name, and he glanced toward her.

"Yeah, I make a lot of weapons, usually lightsaber-based. I haven't tried branching out into non-saber weapons just yet, but I suppose I could try or help out and make something. I generally create things with a purpose," Braze trailed off softly. "Maybe some shields might be good to make... or perhaps some kind of tranquilizer in aerosol form..." He murmured, contemplating some less-than-lethal ideas for new creations.

"You can let Master Raene know that he has my thanks for sending the aid of you and his padawan," Jasper stated. "I... understand his reasoning for remaining in the Core. Regardless, knights are in high demand. You're presence here is highly valued if we're to begin a proper Jedi opperation here in the rim."
"I am happy to help. The little one wanted to join your cause and I'm happy to assist where I can. Actually Tirin Raene Tirin Raene is on the opposite side of the galaxy presently. He's working on keeping an eye on a a temple he's turned in to a Recovery Sanctuary. It's an honor to work with you Master Kai'el. "
Valin said speaking freely as he worked.

Last edited:

Hurikane Jedi Temple, Hangar
xRQsgi3.png

Lightsaber
He's working on keeping an eye on a a temple he's turned in to a Recovery Sanctuary.

Ah. That was news to him. A recovery facility?

Jasper gave a nod, crossing his arms as he listened to the rest of Knight Zenth's statement. It seemed that the young Loomi had been quite convincing in regards to bringing the associate of her Master out here. The kid had conviction. Jasper was happy to have more people for the cause all the same.

"I... do actually need you for something," Jasper noted. "You have avid experience with combating darksiders, no?"

"I... do actually need you for something," Jasper noted. "You have avid experience with combating darksiders, no?"

Valin perked up at that and nodded curtly. "Aye, I suppose one could consider it just so," he stated, briefly glancing down at his arm before looking back at Jasper. "How can I be of service in such regards?" Valin asked curiously.

He had no love for Sith. The memory of Tirin's first Padawan still haunted him, a scar etched deep into his soul. He had fought desperately to save them both, only to watch as the Sith murdered her in cold blood right before his eyes. The torture they endured, forced to witness each other's agony, was a nightmare that revisited him in the darkest hours of the night. Valin felt a shiver run through him as the bitter taste of failure and helplessness resurfaced. The subject of Sith always stirred these memories, a storm of rage and grief that he kept locked away, buried under layers of silence.
They had taken his leg, his arm, and his eye... and they had taken her life.

Hurikane Temple
xRQsgi3.png

Lightsaber
"We will inevitably be hunted by agents of the darkside," Jasper affirmed with no hint of doubt. "I am certain of this."

Inquisitors, acolytes, rogue Jedi intent on gaining the favor of those with dark designs. Jasper wasn't sure where these people would come from, but he was certain that they would move on their small collection of Jedi with little hesitation. Sith would come for them. They needed to be prepared, especially if padawans were to be in their midsts.

"I am not eager to wait to be tracked like game," he stated. "If you see it within your capabilities, hunt them down first. Operate as though your conduct were official shadow directive."

He gave a slight tilt of his head, almost seeming to be examining the taller man's expression.

"Can you do this?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom