Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate The Death of His Imperial Majesty | EOTL Populate Thread of Gala/Gromos

The Butcher of Bakura
Objective II: Line Unbroken​

Current Outfit
Lightsaber
SE-44 Blaster Pistol

As much as Zonn wanted to see his old "friend" be buried there were more pressing matters at hand.

With his Darktroopers silently following behind him, Zonn entered his Imperial Shuttle his sights set on the Moff Tower located in the middle of Lianna City. From what Zonn understood, it was supposed to be made into a palace dedicated to Velran's Galaxy sized ego where the Grand Moffs that he has chosen were essentially yes-men not so different from the previous Imperial regimes where the emperor surrounded themselves with sycophants only rewarding those who kowtows the hardest.

It only took 10 minutes for Zonn to arrive, even though he was stopped by Clone Troopers cladded in dark armor not too dissimilar from his Dark Troopers, a simple mind trick by Zonn satiated their curiosity. As soon as he entered the tower, Zonn gave a derisive snort seeing the many statues of Velran in embarrassing poses. "The Egghead is a sheer narcist," Zonn muttered heading towards the lift that led him to the top of the tower.

When he reached the top, he saw the meeting getting underway. Moffs dressed in their uniforms as well as a Sith Lord. "Greetings gentlemen and lady," Zonn gave a curt bow. "My name is Zonn Geist: Former Imperial Moff of New Imperial Order now turned Warlord of the Outer Rim. I came to not only pay respects to the Emperor as he was my friend when we were attending the academy. As..... unusual as he was, he transformed a fractured Empire into a Galactic powerhouse practically overnight. With his death it leaves a potential power vacuum that our enemy: The Tingle Arm Coalition will take advantage of."

He took a deep breath. "We need to move immediately to seal balance power and develop spheres of influence," Zonn said. "We cannot risk the Empire fracturing once again due to infighting. It will leave us easy pickings for the TAC and if we fall."

Zonn turned to Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr giving him an impassioned stare. "The Sith Order of the Tion Cluster will no doubt be in the TAC's sight." He added.

Teckla Tane Teckla Tane , Karl Von Strauss Karl Von Strauss , Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti , Orion_Knight Orion_Knight , Darth Rasnuhl Darth Rasnuhl

Last edited:
Objective: I - Lying in State
Attire: Black Bodysuit
Tag: Drenn Drenn

The Emperor was dead.

Evelina had never known him, nor had she ever had the privilege of seeing him in life. Nevertheless, as a Butterfly, she had considered the Emperor to be her father. Or at least, the closest thing that she had to one due to the simple fact that he was the one responsible for her creation. Thus, how could she not consider him to be such a figure?

And yet, Evelina could not hold back the frown that twisted her visage when she gazed down at the body of His Imperial Majesty lying in state within the beskar-reinforced transparisteel coffin. Her eyes took on a cold, icy set then, features twitching with equal parts anguish and anger as she placed a tensed, gloved hand on the coffin.

Why hadn’t he come to see her?

She knew that he had been busy running the Empire, but he couldn’t have come at least once? Just to see how his sons and daughters were progressing during their training. For that, Evelina could only allow two tears for the relationship she had wanted, but could never have. Tears dabbed away just as quickly as they were shed. Her relationship with her father could only be epitomized by her dreams and this. An image of his pristine, peaceful features lying asleep inside a transparisteel coffin.

What a stupid mustache.

And so, Evelina turned and left the grand hall, ten seconds before her designated minute to look upon the body ended. She had waited in line for hours, only to spend a little more than 50 seconds with the Emperor before departing. Her features were set in an indignant pout as she found her way out to the streets, passing by the crowd of gathered mourners while walking nowhere in particular.

Until she saw a man.

“Are you going to see him? The Emperor?” Evelina spoke up, an uncharacteristic departure from her usual manner. She briefly regarded the man’s features then—pastel green eyes, messy blonde hair, and a slender, honed physique. In turn, the Butterfly nervously ran a gloved hand through her red hair, but otherwise her expression remained as it was.

“Don’t go. It’s a waste of time.” She continued, tone shaking. “He couldn’t even bother to see his own daughters.”

Last edited:

Empire-Divider-removebg-preview.png

Tags: B/U-800 "Evelina" B/U-800 "Evelina"

Objective I: Lying in State

As he strayed further from the street, where the line of mourners still gathered, Drenn felt as though he were navigating through clouds of darkness. The weight of the atmosphere pressed down on him, as his keen senses picked up the sadness of others and their whispers nearby. It was almost overwhelming. Still, he pushed on, his steps guided by a sense of duty and purpose. Inhaling deeply, he attempted to release any lingering thoughts and simply immerse himself in the present moment.

Yet, a sense of isolation clawed at Drenn's mind, driving him further into the shadows, as if trying to retreat from any potential bonds of camaraderie that so often united the different ranks. He didn't want to be seen. Now, more than ever, he felt like a lone wolf, cut off from his pack and struggling to make sense of everything since returning from Dac.

He hoped to simply pay his respects, a dutiful gesture to the fallen Emperor, before slipping back into the usual routine of daily training, just as it had been before the last battle. His thoughts were soon interrupted, as an individual caught him off guard. The detection of her presence had eluded him. When she spoke, her words only led to further confusion, the meaning behind them lost on Drenn as he struggled to make sense of her approach.

Drenn wouldn't hide behind the usual stoic facade, as the look of surprise upon his features would be simple to see; the Crusader's strides then came to a sudden halt, with his hands hanging freely at his sides. After studying her for a moment, he was still unable to place her amongst the many faces in the Empire's hierarchy.

"Of course I am," he said slowly. There was a hint of caution in his tone. "There's no other reason for me to be in Lyana City." Pausing for a moment, his gaze shifted from her to the line and back, as he took a moment to gather his scattered thoughts. "I am not entirely sure what you mean. But, there is a moral obligation and responsibility that urges me to go. I was just waiting for the crowds to thin, but it seems that may take some time since so many have gathered. I know little of his personal life, though I am well aware of his deeds. He was respected by many, that much I know.”

Last edited:
Objective: I - Lying in State
Tag: Drenn Drenn

Almost immediately, Evelina realized that she hadn’t thought her actions through. The look of surprise struck across the man’s dull features caused her to blush as she anxiously crossed her arms over her chest. Her evasive, viridescent gaze briefly wandered towards the line of gathered mourners as he spoke, mirroring the direction of the man’s eyes in the process. However, after a few short, awkward moments, Evelina blinked a few times in quick succession, the activity serving to help the Butterfly reset her focus.

Evelina realized then that the man was defensive. But who wouldn’t be, after being approached by a disillusioned, frustrated stranger on the street? For that, the Butterfly took a slow step back, her features gradually losing their tension as she tried to calm her uneasy nerves.

And yet, the disappointment remained.

“I knew very little of his personal life as well.” Evelina said in a low, regretful tone. “And I was one of those who respected him.” She continued. “I used to dream about him, you know. But I never got the chance to see him while he was alive. He just couldn’t make…” Evelina paused then, fearing that she might say too much. The Butterfly program was still technically a secret, so she was obligated to avoid revealing her background.

“Sorry, I…I apologize for ambushing you, like that.” Evelina continued. “I will leave you be, if you would like peace.”

Last edited:
In the Saggy Flesh!
Objective I: Lying in State​

cubanwriter-a-solemn-funeral-procession-of-Imperials-in-the-Sta-d12719ea-3703-46a1-a4d0-169dcf26348c.png

"Out of the way! LET ME THROUGH!!"

A hurried, distraught was heard from the silent crowd, a tall elderly figure with a rotund stomach pushed through the crowd. A flurry of curses were hurled at the man but his sagging, wrinkled face was creased with sadness. His dark blue eyes filled with tears as his white lab coat billowed behind him as he ran. There were a couple of gasps from some the people who took a good look at the man. A splitting image of the late Emperor Velran Kilran Velran Kilran a bald head with only sparse hair that runs around his spotted skull, a very bushy moustache that was white instead of brown.

Whispers took over the confused crowd as the old man ran towards the street where the Stormtroopers were pushing the Emperor's casket. The old man....... he looked exactly like the beloved Emperor. Did Velran Kilran rise from the grave? Was the question that was asked amongst the citizens. As the old man reached to the front of the crowd. His lip trembled at sight of Velran lying in wake. "NO!" He shouted making a beeline towards the casket. "NO! YOU CAN'T BE DEAD! PLEASE!

The Stormtroopers quickly stepped in front of the casket raising their Blaster Rifles set for stun. "Freeze!" One of the Stormtroopers called out to him yet with astonishing strength, the old man pushed to the floor. "LET ME THROUGH!" He shouted as the crowd stood in shock as the old man reached the casket fresh tears forming around his eyes.

"THAT'S MY SON!" The man yelled seeing the corpse of Velran lying down. The rest of the Stormtroopers had their weapons trained on the man but he remained focused on the casket. "MY BABY BOY!" the old man fell to his knees sobbing uncontrollable. "NOT MY BABY BOY!"

Some in the crowd started to cry with him as the Stormtroopers quickly grabbed him taking him away from the casket. The man gave a pained scream to the dark sky. "NOT MY SON!" He yelled as he was dragged away.

OOC: Open to anyone.

Tags: B/U-800 "Evelina" B/U-800 "Evelina"

The Crusader's brow furrowed with both intrigue and concern. He was not one to normally rush into action without understanding the situation, but the stranger’s presence stirred something that he couldn’t quite explain. Today was a rare respite from his usual duties; he saw no reason why he couldn't spare the time to try and understand this situation better. Besides, the line only appeared to be getting longer, but was still aware he would have to join it at some point. Humility was a rare emotion for him, and it threatened to overwhelm Drenn in the last two days; it felt like the Force was urging him to listen, to learn, and simply surrender to it. Perhaps this would be a good opportunity to practice that.

His gaze lingered on the woman's face as if searching for any hidden intent. But still, something eluded his keen observation as he absorbed her words a second time. It felt incomplete, like a puzzle with missing pieces. He, too, would have liked to meet the Emperor, but he couldn't recall ever dreaming about him, at least not in the way she described.

Time seemed to stretch around them, allowing the moment to linger. Before long he gave a nonchalant shrug of his shoulders. “I don’t mind,” he said with a simple nod of the head. “And I’m not in a rush, though I must bid farewell to Velran before the day comes to an end.”

His head then snapped towards a distant commotion. A lone man's cries echoed through the air, only to be followed by the sight of Stormtroopers quickly moving in. Their armor was unmistakable. And at last, he saw the casket, but the sight was followed by a scream. The currents in the air were like a storm of emotions, the turmoil as though from having lost something important. His gaze then returned to the woman. “Peace feels like a luxury that few will taste today,” he continued, trying once more to gather his thoughts. "I just don't understand exactly what you're trying to say." His voice was calm and steady. “Why suggest that I not see him, if you truly respected him?"

The sound of the scream was still ringing in his mind. "Perhaps a walk would help to clear your thoughts," he suggested, feeling a tug towards the distant chaos. At least Drenn didn’t feel threatened by her. He never traveled anywhere unarmed.

Last edited:
Objective I: Lying in State​

this-is-a-character-i-animated-for-my-sci-fi-fantasy-world-v0-8ioqpslmfb791.jpg

Angnous snorted in response to Sicarius' snippy greeting. "It seems that time spent under the thumb of the mad Emperor hasn't quelled your belligerence my apprentice." Angonous spoke in a whisper while observing the crowd awaiting the casket's arrival. "You've created many experimentations for the Empire," the Sith Lord continued. "And there were rumors that you and the Emperor had found an artifact created by the legendary Warb Null himself."

It was difficult to reach Sicarius due to the Empire of the Lost's strict anti-Sith policy. Angonous was somewhat well known in the Galaxy and was in the database of that blasted Grand Moff at the Kessel prison. No doubt Velran would've caught him and execute him. "Not yet," Angnous responded. "With the Emperor dead, the Imperial leadership is in disarray, I was fortunate to arrive here undetected. Still, I expect the Empire to be on the lookout for any signs of rebels or Sith."

Sicarius was still wearing the same clothing or lack thereof. She always dressed to be as revealing as possible. He had to admit it was..... difficult to not have Sicarius around especially how she would tease him everytime they would sleep together. "There is a criminal organization forming on Lianna," Angnous said. "I've made connections there and they'll arrange for your escape though it will be on their terms."

He shook his head. "It'll take some time," he muttered. "But in the meantime Sicarius, you are to bring any experiments you've done to me and I can safely fly them off planet thanks to the criminal organization."

Sicarius Hekate Sicarius Hekate

MoQmia0.png

df9oq0y-f22f7990-8395-4662-b9e1-a9fc2b16de9c.png
Objective 2: Line Unbroken

It was Grand Moff Mecetti whom was the first to emerge into the meeting room. How quiant. Of all the Moffs and other officials with whom he would likely be meeting today, he was the one with whom he had any real experience, and he was the one that he knew the most about. After all, Darth Ayra had not been shy about keeping a strong tab on her apprentice.

And a true apprentice he had been, if he was worthy enough to be considered for the newest iteration of the Rule of Two, Sith Lords did need to be choosey enough with those they trained, apprentices were after all not only one's subordinates, but in many regards, one's successors. No more so, than of adherents of Darth Bane's old creed.

Yet, now Grand Moff Mecetti was left with little.

It seemed pattern enough with the individual, he who had to flee the Galactic Alliance after his activities there seemed... far from the democratic ideals which they claimed to champion, only to find himself Moff in the Empire of the Lost, ruling over Felucia, Tion, Folende, and Voss, only to lose half of his territory, and then to find himself as Darth Trigonus, only to lose his mistress.

The man had quite a many failures underneath his belt, that much was not beyond question... yet, here he still stood, and if allowed to ponder, one could only come to quite the significant realisation. He might be one who knew very well the meaning of failure, but despite it... perhaps because of it, he was a survivor. Through every tumult that faced him, here he still stood.

He would be one to watch with keen interest.

Malum offered the same nod in reply, "A dark day matched with a triumph it would seem, I dare say the entire galaxy will be caught off-guard by your victories on Mon Cala and Lothal," It was regretful in some sense, an Empire of the Lost who had indeed lost, would be in far weaker position to negotiate, yet, it had let to the demise of Emperor Kilran which had been what made these talks possible at all, so perhaps he should not be complaining too much, "I suppose the only question now will be, who shall be the author... Darth Trigonus." The last two words were silent and transmitted directly into his mind, a memory flashing of their encounter upon Florum, where his Mistress had been dragged away and he allowed to escape.

The question lingered.

Was he an Imperial Moff? Or was he a Sith Lord? Malum had little patience for traitors, but he held a near-infinite patience for those who knew their loyalties.

Malum turned his head to the new voice, the presence that had not taken his attention when he had first entered the room, though Malum could not entirely say why that was... did his mind simply not register him as a threat? Or had he moved with simply such ambivalene to have not caught his notice, that was an ability only one other held, enough for a ghost of a smile to broach beneath the mask he wore.

It mattered little he supposed.

He offered a nod, Lord for High Admiral, respect for respect, easy enough.

"High Admiral Knight speaks rightly... the Sith Empire would rather not negotiate with an entity liable for civil war, you might consider me... one to confirm and recognise your choice," Or make it for them if this went on for too long, it was not as if the Kainites were not growling for an attempt at Liana, it only required him to loose the dogs of war. The Empire of the Lost might have found their victory, but could they win on two fronts?

It had only been attention towards the Core that had kept the front relatively stable for now.

The next two that entered the room, were enough to garner his interest, Grand Moff Tane... though now Grandmaster Tane, by his measure an intractable foe of the Sith, and thus perhaps the paramount danger to these negotiations. Though Malum could not deny, that perhaps he would be as well, he knew exactly why he was dispatched here, beyond it being his initiative, despite his growing reputation as the diplomat of the Order, there was the cruel joke of it... he had killed one of their number.

And indeed, it seemed that even if not going to comment on it, at least some in this room knew.

"Do not be so quick to judge Lady Tane, I guarantee my purpose will bring about enough debate for your fill."

And then the second one, newly ascended Grand Moff von Strauss, newly ascended as it had been by the will of Grandmaster Tane that he found himself in this new position of power and rank... key allies then, that no doubt their entrance together signalled as such. Did that mean he was to be as intractable? Perhaps... but his age did signal his career far transcended the Empire of the Lost... perhaps that could be used.

The masked Sith Lord offered a nod in answer.

Hidden red eyes glimmered as the next entered the room, one as masked as he was, "Rather easily considering I was invited here, Darth Rasnuhl," There was a hint of scathing in his tone, why would he infiltrate so deep only to reveal himself so easily? That at least was the public reason, for the remark, in private, however, in the privacy of his mind, it was quite the different story.

To say he was not a fan of this Darth was an understatement, Darth Trigonus at least had an excuse of truly being lost... this one though, what excuse did he have to knowingly commit treason against his fellow Sith, to actively battle against them when he knew exactly what he was. He bristled at the rest of the words, "Any escort you deem to send me shall be lacking in limbs I suspect... I am here as representative of the Sith Empire, to witness what decision you will reach, and negotiate... I do hope you will not actively break diplomatic decorum." How quickly the respect fell away.

In verbal stand-off he would not quite be able to hear what Darth Trigonus uttered, only as red eyes found himself tense and reaching for his waist, did Malum stare, openly.

"...I would recommend you do not do anything foolish, Grand Moff Mecetti." Yet, there was part of him that now wondered if this all was foolish... had none of the Moffs been made aware? At least none here had been... so who had requested these negotiations?

Not enough to genuinely wish for them it seemed...

...But also not enough to have made him a ready made trap.

His answer seemed to be so far, the last of those to join him. A stranger to him, and seemingly a stranger to all those assembled if his greeting was anything to go by... not one who held any official power within the Imperium, but one who knew, as a friend, the one who did... such influence might indeed be decisive in the moments to come.

All if the Moffs accepted it.

It seemed at least he held sense, it would not truly surprise him, if it had been this one who had called him here... as... brazen as he was... or perhaps did the brazenness only add to the likeliness? Malum slowly nodded his head, as his sights turned to him,
"No doubt we already are... still, if your Empire was able to defeat them, we have little doubt we can as well," Still... imperceptible to them, he narrowed his eyes, "Yet, we Sith see little reason to continue our war, the agent of the Dark Empire has been neutralised, our defences to the north secured, and our attention to more worthy fronts... peace might be achieved, on certain terms." Such was directed to all those assembled.

His purpose once hinted, finally revealed.

Tag: Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti Orion_Knight Orion_Knight Teckla Tane Teckla Tane Karl Von Strauss Karl Von Strauss Darth Rasnuhl Darth Rasnuhl Zonn Geist Zonn Geist
Mentions: Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes

df9oq0y-f22f7990-8395-4662-b9e1-a9fc2b16de9c.png

Grandmaster of the Imperial Crusaders

Teckla-s-Logo2.png

Objective: Set the Empire on a path to the future
Location: Secure meeting room, Imperial Complex, Lianna City, Lianna
Outfit: Crusader Robes
Equipment: See Bio
Tags: @Voice of the Lost | Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti | Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr | Orion_Knight Orion_Knight | Karl Von Strauss Karl Von Strauss | Zonn Geist Zonn Geist | OPEN
Dialogue Key: ”Galactic Basic” | <<Telepathic Communication>>

Teckla-Meeting1.jpg

The fact that Rasnuhl deferred to Teckla was amusing, intriguing and, if it was a sentiment shared by the whole group, setting up for disappointment. She was not here to take control of the political landscape of the Empire. Quite the opposite. She was here to declare to whoever would be the core advisors to the Empress that she would focus on the Crusaders, who while certainly working to advance the influence of the Empire, she intended to lead that Crusade in a new manner and not looking for permission before she dropped her hammer.

Moff Meccetti’s comments were firstly even more amusing the Rasnuhl’s and secondly hopeful in the same manner as Teckla had come. She did expect more voices, but perhaps fewer was better. Before she could impart her opinion on the presence of the Sith, another joined the meeting. Another outsider. Others might not have known who Zonn Geist was. Teckla was an Imperial history buff however. She recognized the man and the name. A legend of sorts of the last Empire in this territory before taking his talents to Unknown Space when that institution crumbled. He declared himself a friend of Velran Kilran Velran Kilran but Teckla was not convinced. He was here with ulterior motives, she was sure, but the Empire could use another iron glove so she chose not to voice her suspicions. It was likely everyone in the room who had fought for the Empire of the Lost had the same.

Geist also questioned Darth Malum. Teckla almost felt sorry for the Sith. If he weren’t connected to the death of the NISB Staff Director she might have even stepped in to defend him. But his own words came before she could make a stance known on either side. He cautioned Teckla to be patient. This brought a smirk to the Grandmaster’s lips. Did she have a reputation for being reckless? Quick to judge? If she did, her future actions would do nothing to quell such thoughts. Ruthlessness always seemed to be equated to quick tempered reckless behavior no matter how well thought out.

He claimed to be invited to the meeting, which Teckla would not dispute. Many things had happened since the battles ceased. She did not even know who called this meeting. Its purpose was not in doubt, but those invited seemed a bit odd. Threats, first obvious against their security, and then vague against acting “foolish” were leveled by the Sith. Another smirk formed on Teckla’s mouth. As if they would call upon standard security to remove an unwanted Sith. There were Crusaders close enough along with the presence of Maldor, Rasnuhl and herself, Teckla had doubts that even Darth Malum of House Marr would leave this room in better shape than his Imperial ejectors. But she doubted it would come to that. If he was invited, whoever invited him would have to come out and announce a purpose sooner than later.

”There were a lot of we’s in your statement Zonn Geist,” she would not do him the honor of any titles at the time. No matter how much she admired his work. This was the Empire of the Lost and to date Teckla was not aware of any influence or support Geist had supplied to the Empire. An old friend of someone who was no longer present to confirm such a thing was quite convenient. ”The Princess will take the place of her father at the head of the Empire. She will need handlers. The girl shares her father’s lack of stability, but does not have his experience. I will be stepping away from the central operations of the Empire. Using the assets afforded to me under the Imperial Crusaders to strike more aggressively at our enemies and make sure that the vision of our fallen Emperor is a reality.

”The power vacuum seems like a problem of aesthetics. We have an information network that is the sole source of news provided to the Imperial citizenry. Use it to write our narrative.” She looked to her successor, Moff Von Strauss, and nodded before continuing. ”We have been too reliant on the governments of the systems we have conquered. This must stop. The systems under our control have to be shown forcefully that they are completely under our control. The Quarrens and Mon Cals are going to learn this lesson soon. The lesson has been given to Lothal already. The Tingel Arm Coalition will learn the consequences of inciting rebellion within the Empire.” She gave a look to Darth Malum. If there were negotiations to take place she didn’t want to encourage hostilities by claiming the response against the TAC would be for an invasion.

Geist and Malum then made joint statements that TAC might also target the Sith holdings in the area. “Enemy of my enemy”. Was that the direction negotiations were going to take? That was amusing. TAC would have to go through the Empire of the Lost first and that was not going to happen. Still, Teckla would not object to having Sith tools at her disposal against their foes. The TAC seemed to have much deeper pockets than initially observed. Adding to the arsenal of retort would not be a bad arrangement.

”Agent of the Dark Empire? The Staff Director?” that much was clear to Teckla, but she wanted it out in the open. Confirmation that it was the Sith who had neutralized her and why. ”If what you say is true then betrayal was an inevitability and we might be thanking you in the future. Now however it has left us in a bit of an intelligence hole. The Staff Director weaved quite a web, so I won’t try to prove your statements incorrect. What pray tell would be included in terms of ‘peace’.” Teckla gave an audible chuckle. ”Please forgive my mirth. That is not a word I hear coming from Sith lips often…”

Objective: II - Lying in State
Tag: Drenn Drenn Zandrad Kilran Zandrad Kilran

Evelina tilted her gaze towards the disturbance transpiring near the entrance to the grand hall, long lashes fluttering in curiosity, then confusion, as the pained cries reached her ears. She turned around fully then, at which point her brows suddenly rose as she regarded the features of the elderly man being dragged away from the hall in stunned silence.

He was the spitting image of the Emperor.

Albeit aged, with gray hair, a rotund belly, and wrinkled flesh. Having seen the dead body of the Emperor only moments prior, Evelina quickly came to the only logical conclusion that could explain the man’s appearance. He was not the Emperor returned from the grave in a decrepit state. No, he was the Emperor’s father.

A heartbroken father returning for his dead son.

For a moment, Evelina wondered if the Emperor’s father, whoever he was, might have been neglectful of his children as well. However, the thought fell from her mind as fresh tears welled up in her eyes, shed for the sorrow of another.

Evelina made to wipe them away, but she couldn’t pull her gaze away from the ongoing scene. It was only when the man next to her spoke once more did she shift her attention back towards him, eyes now wet with unbidden tears that streamed down her cheeks in thin rivulets.

His gaze then returned to the woman. “Peace feels like a luxury that few will taste today,” he continued, trying once more to gather his thoughts. "I just don't understand exactly what you're trying to say." His voice was calm and steady. “Why suggest that I not see him, if you truly respected him?"

“I…I don’t know what I was thinking.” Evelina managed, her tone choked with equal parts regret and sorrow. “I…I guess…I just…” She paused, taking another glance at the scene before turning back towards the blond-haired man. “I did respect him, but there were some…aspects of his character that…I hyper-focused on. Maybe I was too self-centered.” She reflected.

Then, Evelina offered the man a tense smile in response to his request for a walk, while quickly wiping what was left of the tears from her cheeks. However, before moving after him, the Butterfly gestured towards the elderly man who had been kicked out of the grand hall, her features betraying some level of excitement as she did.

“That’s him.” She stated, subtly pointing towards the rotund, gray-haired man as she did. “The Emperor’s father.”

Tags: B/U-800 "Evelina" B/U-800 "Evelina" | Zandrad Kilran Zandrad Kilran

Drenn stood in silence, merely a spectator to her reaction as the dreadful scene had unfolded before them, yet with each passing moment, his confusion only seemed to grow; the tears that formed in her eyes only served as confirmation of the storm of emotions in the air around them. It appeared to only deepen her saddened spirit. The scream, along with the appearance of stormtroopers, managed to catch the attention of all of those in attendance at the grand hall of Lianna City. His gaze naturally followed hers, tracing back to the older man at the center of the commotion; the torment was certainly palpable from any distance. It brought a pang of guilt over him.

Clarity was clearly another luxury that may be denied, as her response did little to answer any of the questions that lingered in the depths of his mind; yet, he refused to let any frustration show, deciding he would continue to move forward with trying to better understand the situation, and hopefully move past this endless sea of mystery.

Just before the two figures would find themselves walking side by side, she made a comment that he found interesting, but not entirely surprising. He refrained from commenting on it for now. The Crusader's hands moved gracefully before him, crossing over one another in a simple gesture of calmness, a rather stark contrast to what both of them just witnessed. He then turned his head slightly in her direction. “I think there are many things around your true thoughts that you won’t tell me,” he said. His voice was low. A faint smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. “My talents lie in the art of combat, not in unraveling mysteries of the mind..or hidden agendas.”

There was a brief pause as he refocused upon the path before them. A soft sigh escaped from him. "I'm Drenn," he said simply. "And now I can’t help but wonder, what are your services or connections to the Empire?"

Sicarius snorted and gave a wry.

"You thought they would break me?" Sicarius asked haughtily with a sniff "These fools could not break a puppy."

Truthfully Sicarius was relieved and glad to see her old Master. It was good to see him. Not that it would stop her from killing him when the time came, but in the mean time she was happy tto serve, to grow in strength. Despite the circumstances of her… recruitment. The Empire had been good to her. She had a budget and an unlimited supply of subjects to experiment on and had even been allowed on excursions to kill people occasionally. Other than certain annoyances like Velran it had been a good gig.

Sicarius shrugged.

"We found a mask guarded by some deluded old fool cultists pretending to be Sith"

Now though she was growing restless. She had been hoping contact and meeting her master meant that she would be getting out of here. It would appear that as ever her Master had an angle to play. If she couldn't be rescued she would be played like a useful sabacc card. A wildcard perhaps but still a potentially useful one. Sicarius sighed. She supposed she could see the angle. It made sense. Sicarius was already in a perfect position to study and experiment all that was left was to turn those experiments for the betterment and use of her and her master. Time was Sicarius would have belligerently complained in fury, now though there was just a resigned acceptance.

"Yes master." Sicarius said a little bitterly and resigned to her fate.

Darth Angonous Darth Angonous

Objective II - Line Unbroken

Maldor's teeth set against each other as he heard his secret name echo through his mind.

Then he was called out verbally, to not try anything 'foolish.'

"Too late," he murmured, almost beneath the threshold of hearing. Doing foolish things seemed to be a roadmap for him. He'd found his way to his current station- and even the current military victory- doing one foolish thing after another.

They were carefully calculated fool's errands, at least, he comforted himself.

It certainly couldn't be denied that they'd paid off.

But with Malum here, he feared the blackfruit cart might finally become upset past all use.

Who had invited Malum here? Was his Master playing a joke from beyond the grave?

Was she truly dead?

That was a question which had plagued him ever since her death had been announced.

She'd been dead before.

When Teckla spoke, Maldor nodded. "The heir is apparent. It is only her support structure that needs be decided. My own suggestion is that the Moff Council be reinstated to act as an advisory board, absent threats of violence for providing bad news, to help her consider all options before making a decision.

As for keeping the systems in line, the real tool for that is the Intelligence Branch. Shortcomings there need to be remedied. I do not for a moment believe that our late NISB director was a puppet of any rival power. But she is gone, now. Intelligence needs capable leadership and a reorganization."

Was he offering himself to help? He wasn't sure. It might be easier to simply use the Ministry of Inquiry for actual intelligence matters. But keeping the citizenry in line would need official power. In the Mecetti province, the Ministry's secret police were as vital as their spies. But Secret Police required an official backing. Otherwise it was just gangs of outlaws kidnapping people in the night.

He added, "Control is most effective when it is least apparent. We may perform wholesale slaughter and attribute it to a momentary madness brought on by the death of the Emperor. But long-term population management needs a lighter touch."

@Voice of the Lost | Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti | Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr | Orion_Knight Orion_Knight | Karl Von Strauss Karl Von Strauss | Zonn Geist Zonn Geist Teckla Tane Teckla Tane

Objective 2- Line Unbroken
Outfit: Imperial Moff Ceremonial Uniform
Equipment: SE-44, Ceremonial Vibrosword

Moff Bastion waited silently and patiently while the inevitable bickering began. He was used to that part of Imperial politics. He expected it and even would have been more than a little disappointed if it hadn't begun. If anything he was surprised it took this long. Emperor Velran had been far from stable so it would be only natural to assume that his Empire would be equally unstable. So far however there seemed to be a tense truce while people waited to see what the fall out of the Emperors death was. Bastion himself was in the wait and see faction. He was only recently arrived to the Empire his position and footing uncertain in the great game of the Imperial Ruling Council.

As Bastion tried to size up and asses the players in the room he tried to gage his own position. In fact Bastion felt more than a little foolish after his grand claim of devotion and loyalty in the now late Emperor at the Hirkenburg Accords.

He recognised Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti from that event and was glad of the aquantance. He seemed a mostly reasonable man. Though he seemed to be pushing his own agenda.

Karl Von Strauss Karl Von Strauss was an old man but only a full would assume that meant a venerable or vulnerable man. All that meant was that he had survived in this game longer than most.

Orion_Knight Orion_Knight seemed to be playing the moderate. Bastion understood that card he often played it himself.

The Sith was present with Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr a well known figure in his own right, who according to Bastions research had a habit of popping up at interesting events across the galaxy. Bastion didn't generally approve of Sith too chaotic and selfish in the pursuit of their dark desires. He had heard they were not welcome in the Empire of the Lost. Apparently Velrans death changed things already.

Zonn Geist Zonn Geist was everything Bastion had feared he himself would have become after the fall of the New Imperial Order. A warlord adrift on the Outer Rim with no Empire to call home.

Bastion wasn't sure what to make of Darth Rasnuhl Darth Rasnuhl yet, though he supposed the psychological effect of his mask, armor and cape were fearsome.

Then there was Teckla Tane Teckla Tane e she seemed to be the one with the most presence in the room which made sense given she headed up a powerful faction within the lost.

Bastion thought it time to ask a clarifying question.

"Forgive me Teckla Tane Teckla Tane . When you say handlers are you suggesting yourself as some sort of regent?" Bastion asked aware that as he was doing so he could be creating a powerful enemy in the very act.

Bastion felt that it was an important question however one that needed to be answered before he made his next move.

"My presence is recent but I believe I would be remiss if I did not support Moff Mecetti's suggestion of reinstating the Moff Council as an advisory board."

Bastion nodded to Mecetti as he made the supporting statement. He may have made one enemy but made in roads to making an ally. Such was the game.

@voice of the lost

Second King of The Elysium Empire

Objective: Lying in State----> Line Unbroken
Tags: Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti Darth Rasnuhl Darth Rasnuhl Karl Von Strauss Karl Von Strauss Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion B/U-800 "Evelina" B/U-800 "Evelina" Teckla Tane Teckla Tane Zonn Geist Zonn Geist

Rex was unsuccessful. He knew no one here, and likewise, they didn't seem to know him. Those that did recognize him didn't make it obvious. It was time to change tactics, and locations. If Rex couldn't find easy allies here, among the mourning, then perhaps he could take a more direct path; The Imperial Leadership would likely be meeting within The Imperial Complex. If Rex could seek an audience there, he could quickly make his good intentions known with the most important people within The Empire. Perhaps even the next Emperor would be present?

It would be a bold, perhaps foolish plan, given Rex's lack of knowledge about the state of The Galaxy as of late. But the prospect of establishing powerful allies within one of the more powerful factions in the galaxy was too much to pass up. Even one ally in the upper echelons of Imperial Governance could prove to be essential. Just one favor could change the tides in a time of crisis. Rex knew this. He had learned this lesson the hard way, when he cut off some of his most important allies during his first reign. He would not repeat that mistake.

Rex first made his way to the deceased Emperor, briefly paying his respects to man he had never met, yet felt sorrow over the passing of. Then, he made his way to The Imperial Complex. After emphasizing, and slightly inflating his own importance and authority ("I am The Second King of The Elysium Empire, Knight-Reagent of The Order of The Lion, defender of The Chiss People, and ally to The Empire of The Lost"), Rex found his way to the secure room, where Imperial leadership were gathered. The King took a quick moment to straighten his clothes, fix his posture, and catch his breath, and then entered the room.

Objective 2
Line Unbroken

Tags: Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti | Teckla Tane Teckla Tane Teckla Tane Teckla Tane | Karl Von Strauss Karl Von Strauss Karl Von Strauss Karl Von Strauss | Orion_Knight Orion_Knight Orion_Knight Orion_Knight | The Voice of the Lost The Voice of the Lost The Voice of the Lost The Voice of the Lost | Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr | Zonn Geist Zonn Geist | Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion | Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun |

Darth Rasnuhl listened to the fellow Moffs. A new man walked in his HUD in his helmet connected to his Ai group quickly spitting out his name Zonn Geist Zonn Geist who preceded to air concerns with a lot of We's at least he agreed with General Tane. "Zonn, you come in here as an outsider like I once did. But unlike I showing respect you immediately claim... We. Are you the mindset of carnage for carnages sake? Or of planning out methodical steps? Perhaps somewhere in-between?" That man would have to be watched closely. What was he looking for by arriving and claiming familiarity?

Darth Malum replied unexpectedly
"Rather easily considering I was invited here, Darth Rasnuhl,"

"Any escort you deem to send me shall be lacking in limbs I suspect... I am here as representative of the Sith Empire, to witness what decision you will reach, and negotiate... I do hope you will not actively break diplomatic decorum."
It was an amusing thought. With the force users in the room, including the Custodians he may escape, but worse for wear. Speaking to Darth Malum "Invited, that is a twist. Well whoever invited you did a poor job letting the Moff council know. So who was it?" If he was here on a true diplomatic mission it might change things... at least temporarily. And "peace" that was words not expected and not taken without its measure of salt. He had ulterior motives for being here, what that was the force clouded from his foresight.

The Sith Order was a shadow of what they could be, claiming the superior dogma... while their branch is shackled to the Darkside of the force. Drug further down by their leader who has a penchant for scorching worlds instead of conquering, and cloning his own races instead. The opposite side of the coin to the Jedi's dogma shackling them to the Lightside.

Turning to Teckla Tane "I see you are going to Grandmaster status. Congrats. I disagree on Dac, The Quarren by and large are what gave us the leg up over the Mon Calamari. Punishing them for the Mon Calmari's uprising will just cost us another uprising... after weakening our Empire numerically and productively wise. We all know what we lost due to the late NISB Drectory Drey leading us to war with the Sith Order."

Then Darth Rasnuhl audibly sighed then took down his hood and off his helmet putting it on the table.

"The heir is apparent. It is only her support structure that needs be decided. My own suggestion is that the Moff Council be reinstated to act as an advisory board, absent threats of violence for providing bad news, to help her consider all options before making a decision.

As for keeping the systems in line, the real tool for that is the Intelligence Branch. Shortcomings there need to be remedied. I do not for a moment believe that our late NISB director was a puppet of any rival power. But she is gone, now. Intelligence needs capable leadership and a reorganization."

Turing to Moff Mecetti "Agreed the Heir is apparent, and needs to be trained in many aspects before she can properly rule. The notion of 'Reinstating the Moff Council' Do you mean stepping in as the ruling force while she is brought up to speed? For that's what is needed. The NISB will be fixed in time." The last words about the NISB leave Darth Rasnuhl to wonder what leeway former Director Drey gave the rival intelligence agency. And his clamp down on his own internal communications lines.

Then the man Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion who silently came in and stood silently... then finally spoke "She is not the Regent. If one is needed the Moff Council will decide.What is your name What do you bring to the table?"

So many new faces, ones who's lives were being digitally dug into by Darth Rasnuhl's AI's cabal.

A chime in his earpiece and the Ai informing him of another entrance to the Moff Council chamber, turning just far enough to see him "Who may you be sir?" It seems everyone was coming out of the woodwork after Emperor Kilran's death, what changes would happen were unforeseen.

Moff of the Mon Calamari Sector

Objective: II - Line Unbroken
: Secure Meeting room, Imperial Complex, Lianna City, Lianna
Outfit: White Uniform Tunic with Utility Belt, Black Pants, and Boots. (He currently is not wearing a rank insignia)
Equipment: Handheld datapad
Tags: Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti | Teckla Tane Teckla Tane | Zonn Geist Zonn Geist | Darth Rasnuhl Darth Rasnuhl | Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr | Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion | Orion_Knight Orion_Knight | Sorry if I missed anyone

Empire-of-the-Lost-Divider-removebg-preview.png

Karl sat back recording things on his datapad when necessary, but mostly watched insults fly and the breakdown of decorum and rising hostilities. It reminded him of his own staff meetings during his days as a mercenary hunting pirates. The hostilities seemed to die down after the appearance of Warlord Zonn Geist. Afterward, a cacophony of ideas breached the floor.

The Warlord brought forth the needed expediency to seal the vacuum left by the death of Velran. An ideal that Karl shared, he didn't want this Empire to fracture like the many before it.

Then Darth Malum retorted against Moffs Mecetti and Rasnuhl against their verbal hostilities ending with talks of peace. Peace no doubt that had strings attached, at least these strings would be visible to us. The Empire, even with its vast navy and millions of clone troopers and non-clone troopers could not expect to fight a war on two fronts and confirm victory on either. Peace, however, could make victory inevitable, and create strong alliances. However, the price was something to be minded.

Afterward, General Tane and Moff Mecetti brought up the fact that Kanni was the heir to the empire and would need support. This is where most of Karl's thoughts lay as a father, the ascension of Kanni to the throne, she would need handlers and a good support system, that much he agreed on.

General Tane diverted her thought toward our over-reliance on in-place governments, while Mecetti focused his efforts on bringing back the Moff Council in a more advisory role. He agreed with Tane, he had designed the complexes that were so easily disabled by the populace that worked there. He was furious and had already started diverting resources to make them Imperial only, it was only natural that their government would be next. Moff Mecetti's idea was suitable too, using the council in an advisory capacity, although, no end date was slated.

Then the Moff Bastion spoke up, first in a slight against Teckla, and then in agreeance with Moff Mecetti, but not bringing his own ideas forth. He only stared at the Moff eyeing him up and down. Why make enemies when we need to be united together to rise over the situation? Allies were good, but the Empire itself is greater.

Then Darth Rasnuhl fired at Zonn. His use of 'we,' despite being a stranger to this Moff council was strange, as if he'd decided that he was now a part of us after causing mayhem in the rim for so long. Then there was a small disagreement on punishing the Quarren, Karl could see where he came from but ultimately, it was both Quarren and Mon Calamari that allowed the TAC to enter the station and disable it, someone would need to carry the blame. Then he threw a slight out towards Bastion, funnily enough, he was going to do the same, making enemies is not the way to go here. Karl would be more neutral in his because they all fight for the same Empire, we need to be united.

Karl listened taking in everyone's valuable input, slowly crafting his response. He stood up slowly from his chair to speak. "First before we continue, if I may." He said looking up to the roof, and said with authority, "Silence," as eerie rays of light cascade down from the Cone of Silence, silencing this little meeting.

"Sorry for the interruption, but I think whilst talking of matters of imperial security, only members of the conference should be listening in, I wish not to take chances." He looked over his shoulder, "Circe, please make sure we are properly secure."

A feminine voice rang out of the emptiness behind him, "Of course, It will be done." No sound echoed after her statement.

He waited for about a half-minute before his datapad was pinged. He picked it up and saw the ping was the all-clear from Circe; he set the pad down and took in a breath before speaking. "I do not wish to be rude to our guests nor to the members of the Council, but I believe it to be wise to keep matters of the interior, to those who are a part of the interior. We need not lead our guests to the proverbial undergarment drawer."

He walked over to a small table with a carafe of water and poured himself a glass. He lifted it to his lips and drank from it as he returned to his seat, setting the glass down upon arrival. "Matters of succession should be decided on by members of the Empire herself, we need not worry our honored guests with all that riff-raff. Additionally, in my older age, I think it is wise not to create more enemies for oneself, especially in dire straights such as these... Moff Bastion. Unity is something we need now more than ever." He gave a slight smile revealing worn crow's feet that hid an utter seriousness. He looks toward Geist, "Moving on, one guest brings forth matters that play into the succession and the other..." looking toward Darth Malum, "...brings forth whispers of a possible peace to the north."

He let his words sink in, reading the faces of everyone in the room, mask or not. After a brief pause he continued, "Jumping to the latter, Darth Malum, you mention a brokerage of peace. And if you'll excuse my expedience and straightforwardness, you mentioned terms, what terms would you seek?" Karl is an engineer, he hates the "dancing around the problem" that politicians do, he is more straightforward than most and in his older age hates dawdling on subjects. Then another member of this growing menagerie walked in. I think we're going to run out of chairs soon.

Last edited:
Grandmaster of the Imperial Crusaders

Teckla-s-Logo2.png

Objective: Set the Empire on a path to the future
Location: Secure meeting room, Imperial Complex, Lianna City, Lianna
Outfit: Crusader Robes
Equipment: See Bio
Tags: @Voice of the Lost | Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti | Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr | Orion_Knight Orion_Knight | Karl Von Strauss Karl Von Strauss | Zonn Geist Zonn Geist | Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion | Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun | Darth Rasnuhl Darth Rasnuhl
Dialogue Key: ”Galactic Basic” | <<Telepathic Communication>>

Teckla-Meeting1.jpg

Maldor could always be depended upon to be a voice of reason. It gave Teckla confidence to retreat from the political arena in order to focus on bringing order to the galaxy through the Crusaders. Of course she intended for the Crusaders to be so much more, and those plans were already in motion. But only her most trusted allies would know just how much work she has put into the Force organization. They didn’t need to know as Teckla would be doing those deeds in the name of the Empire. A nod was given to Rasnuhl at his congratulations.

Two newcomers joined the meeting before things could focus on what the next steps to secure the Empire were going to be. Mecetti’s statement about increasing the reliability of intelligence and the need for a lighter touch on those that were already citizens of the Empire were probably correct. The latter of the two was the big reason why Teckla was stepping away from regional government and dedicating completely to a manifest destiny pressing the influence of the Empire to the entire galaxy.

Moff Von Strauss’ addition of privacy technology to the meeting was quite shrewd and cemented Teckla’s belief that she had found the correct successor. With the Cone of Silence in place Teckla turned her attention to the newcomers. The first newcomer that Teckla noticed was a man around her age who sized up the meeting before addressing her. She in turn sized him up and then smiled. ”Ah, Moff Bastion. It’s about time we met. The Empress is a grown woman. We do not want to put doubt over her rule by installing an official regent. No, we need to be sure that she has the support of wise beings to guide her. The Moff Council is a good start. Though I will not officially be a member, the Empress is always free to lean on me. We just need to be sure that she is ready before she is let off any leash.”

Teckla turned back to Maldor and gave a nod. ”Your insights as usual are wise and welcomed. I hope that you remain a constant whisper in the Empress’ ear as she will need to learn temperance. As to the particulars of the Imperial intelligence, their failure is not up for debate and there is no harm that our honored guests hear why. However I think we should hear the Sith’s terms for peace before we discuss how to fix it.” She turned her head towards Rasnuhl and gave a hum, ”The Council might be the source of rule temporarily, but it will need to be invisible to the rest of the galaxy. Empress Kanni must be observed to be the one in charge or she never will be. But as Moff Von Strauss says, those are matters that should be discussed in a smaller group when it comes to details.”

Teckla looked to Malum and then the last entrance to the meeting. Rex Valhoun. The King of the Elysium Empire. It just took a moment for Teckla to connect the dots of his identity. It had been a long while since he made his presence known in the galaxy. And he was a long way from home. ”We should probably hear what the Elysium King has to add to the conversation as well. After Darth Malum delivers his terms.”

The Butcher of Bakura

Current Outfit
Lightsaber
SE-44 Blaster Pistol

Zonn's lips formed into a smile when Teckla Tane Teckla Tane questioned of him using the proverbial "we." "We are ALL Imperials ma'am," Zonn replied still maintaining his smile though his dark, uncaring eyes betrayed his bemused grin. "We may share different views of how the Galactic Empire should be run, but even after a millennia the Galactic Empire still remains against all odds. I may not have been with you al during the Empire of the Lost's rise but that doesn't we don't share a common goal in Galactic dominance under the banner of the Empire."

He admitted that he displayed his hand too early, someone like Teckla was quick to notice his dictation. The Imperial political maneuvering was oddly nostalgic for Zonn. He spent many years in the Unknown Regions conquering and taming the inhabitants that he forgot how to play the game. "Well, I haven't forgotten everything," Zonn thought.

More guests arrived including a man from the Eslyium Empire Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun . Zonn knew of him having visited the Esylium Empire back in its prime. He was sent by the New Imperial Order to see how powerful they were. While the Esylium Empire can indeed hold their own, they were on the weaker end compared the other players in the Galaxy. He also spotted a Sith Lord of all people: Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr . Malum was infamous indeed, it was unusual for him to be even invited to a succession crisis. Velran would speak on how it would be a "mercy" to commit a genocide on the Sith. Was Mallum here to brag?

"I never knew Velran had a child," Zonn said when Darth Rasnuhl Darth Rasnuhl and Karl Von Strauss Karl Von Strauss mentioned Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Kanni Ugaiya Kilran being the heir apparent. It seemed that his old "friend" was full of surprises. "Who was the mother? Shouldn't she be the Empress instead of this Kanni? Besides where is Kanni? Shouldn't she be attending this meeting as well"

This threw a wrench in Zonn's plan, but there might be angle he can play in the future. "Because ladies and gentlemen I must stress why I am here, not just to pay respects to my dear friend."

He placed his hands behind his back staring at the council and the esteemed guests. "But I also come bearing..... a gift. Right now there are a feast of crows waiting to pick at the perceived corpse of the Empire. As I've stated before, the Tingle Arm Coalition will no doubt take advantage of the Empire which now runs the risk of being deep in chaos. We risk a power vacuum and If Kanni isn't ready to take the mantle of Empress than the person that I have rescued and nursed back to health will."

Zonn turned around giving his "gift" a curt nod. "Step forward Aculia Voland Aculia Voland ," Zonn said.

Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion , Orion_Knight Orion_Knight

Last edited:
Grand Inquisitor of the EOTL
Objective II: Line Unbroken
eotl-png.861

Aculia smoothly stepped into the room at Vonn’s cue, strategically dressed not in a Moff’s uniform, but humble black and white robes with black gloves and boots, armed with no visible weapons. Her pale blue eyes surveyed the room, taking in all of the participants, although her expression was inscrutable for now. Curiously, too, for those examining her through the Force, she appeared completely normal. Not Dark, not Light, not even Force Sensitive despite all reports to the contrary. She had seemingly truly lost the ability to use the preternatural power…or had become so good at suppressing her own presence that only those most highly skilled in the art of sensing other aura’s could detect the rare small, transient flicker that indicated something was amiss with her presentation. Perhaps that was why, in combination with biding her time until she was called, none took notice of the comparatively small woman.

“It is good to see that the Empire has remained strong since our family’s apparent ‘death’. I, of course, looked on from afar, but my plans with our dear departed Emperor required absolute secrecy for the good and strength of the Empire. Always concerned with that, deep down, he was.” She offered a slight, cool smile to those assembled in the room.

That was the story she was going to go with. Loyal servant to Kilran, in on his most secret plans, and now here to back his daughter, when the time was right. The reality was, of course, quite the opposite, with the mad Emperor almost succeeding in killing her, her children, and all of their reformist backers in a brutal covert campaign that had almost seen them wiped out and his power consolidated until Zonn had offered his support to her. That she had, in fact, been on some kind of crucial mission, not merely her time observing until the madman finally dropped dead, having smothered her dream of an empire without an emperor in its cradle transforming it into what it was today. But she was a tough girl. She had lived through the collapse of her dreams before, she could do it again.

At least, in its most basic form, it has survived, imposing order on the chaos that was there before. And maybe that is what I wanted in the end for the people, a firm, fair hand to keep the dark night of anarchy away. In that sense I won and lived yet again, and with my “gift” to the new Empress, likely a restoration to where I can rebuild once again, once I graciously turn down Zonn’s offer and present myself as an ally instead of a usurper. I care not if she wants to hold the formal title, only if I can make my moves behind the throne. After all, I learned, hard, what being too in the spotlight had cost.

“You flatter me, Zonn, and your concerns are true. There must be a smooth transfer of power, and my family and I have done much in service of the Empire, overtly for those who still remember how it was formed, and covertly serving at his Majesty’s pleasure. And yet…”

She paused, turning to him directly and giving him a sad smile, then turning to the rest of the assembly, almost all entirely new faces to her, and she noted, Rex, somehow still alive after everything, and likely here only to curry some kind of favor with his former Elysians in the Empire. Unlikely now that any would return to his service, but perhaps some kind of deal might be struck, although she was not in the position yet to help him were she so inclined.

“I must agree with the rest of the leadership. A council, for now, to guide the young Empress until she can come into her own. Nothing is worth the return of anarchy. Nothing. And to that end…

She took out a small datapad from beneath her jacket and hooked it up to the local holoprojector. A series of accounts and ledgers were briefly visible, before finally scrolling to a number. A quite substantial number that could be used in all kinds of ways to reinforce an empire that had just fought a most costly battle.

All the wealth I had squirreled away during the early reign of the Empire and from our family companies. Every last penny I have on this gamble.

“A small sum prepared by Velran and I for such an eventuality, to help get it established and running. It should help to stabilize things. And, of course, I would not mind taking up the duty of instructing Princess Kanni in how to manage her estates. After all, I was the former Moff of Lianna proper, I know a few things to teach her about administration. Of course, whatever else she might need to me to do I can as well, I have a wide variety of talents.”

It was, of course, complete bullshit that Velran had planned this far ahead in this or anything for that matter, not to mention them ever cooperating on anything, but many great things had been built on lies. And if this one worked, both she and the Empire she had helped found would be better off. Zonn, he would get his reward in time, but for now should fall in line. Going against the political winds was dangerous, and neither she nor he had that amount of clout right now.

Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr Orion_Knight Orion_Knight Karl Von Strauss Karl Von Strauss Zonn Geist Zonn Geist Marcus Bastion Marcus Bastion Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun Darth Rasnuhl Darth Rasnuhl Teckla Tane Teckla Tane

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom