Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young

Um9wLtZ.png

It had been a weekly tradition for Jonyna to unwind with a trip to the clubs. She loved dancing, mostly as a way to keep herself fit. Back in the days with the Tenacity, it was mostly to tease Giran and Sevs, but now it became a hobby for her own personal enjoyment.

The temple was quiet in the late afternoon, and Jonyna had gotten herself prettied up in her new outfit as she strutted through the jedi temple, ready to hit the town. She always kept an eye out though as she exited, as the Cathar always seemed to run into the strangest jedi as she exited...

Tag: Seo Linn Seo Linn

The last time Seo had been in this area of the Galaxy, she had basically died. If she hadn't been snatched out of the air and taken to the Netherworld, she would have been a splat on the pavement somewhere around here. The Knight was lost in this train of thought when a Cathar seemed to appear out of the woodwork. Then again, there were doors just to the side of Seo, and the stranger probably simply walked out of those.

Scratching her head, she wasn't usually this distracted or clumsy.

"Very sorry."

Stepping to the side to allow Jonya to pass her if she wanted. It might be noticed that her clothing was unconventional for a cityscape or even a Jedi Temple. Light tan clothes covered most of the woman, and a veil hung low around her neck. Through it all were some gold threads woven in.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

And there it was. She paused, just before she ran right into the woman. "No, my b. Um..." The Cathar paused, looking the girl up and down. "...I'm going to the club, wanna come?" Was it impulsive to invite a stranger with her? Yeah. But Jonyna was always a bit impulsive. "I know a place on level 3 that's pretty cool."

A mutual apology, her night was looking up. At least this other woman also knew how to be polite. Giving her a slight smile, the Knight felt genuine surprise at getting asked to the club. Blinking her eyes, she looked at what Jonya was wearing and realized her clothes were likely to be out of place. Did she care? Not really.

"Yeah, sure."

Running her fingers through her hair, Seo tried to neaten up just a little.

"I'm Seo."

She felt she should introduce herself if the two of them were going to spend an evening at the club.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

"Jonyna." She offered back. "You new, or something I just haven't ran into yet?"

She led them out of the temple, walking and talking as she did. "I've been in and out a lot, so I tend to miss a few folks along the way."

Giving Jonyna a brief nod when she gave her name, the Knight considered how to answer the question.

"I'm sort of new to the area. This is only the second time I've been here."

Leaving out that she had been a part of Abaddon's Gate and basically died. Some things didn't need to be said right away.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

"Oh! I can show you around if you want after we get back." She waved down a taxi, offering Seo a seat first as one finally stopped for them. "So, are you a jedi then? I mean, you were poking around the temple, I would assume..."

"Where ya goin' ladies?" The cabbie asked, earning a smile from Jonyna.

"Club Retro, down on floor three."

"Having a night to yaselves, eh? Alright, hang tight."

How long had she been in the Netherworld? It was a question that only now plagued Seo. One she had never asked about, and maybe she should have. Getting brought out of her thoughts when Jonyna wondered if she was a Jedi, she nodded at that.

"Maybe an unconventional one, but yes, I am a Jedi."

Climbing into the cab, she made room for her new companion to join her. To say the Knight was stiff was a mild understatement. There was a good chance she didn't know how to have a good time.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Listening to the other Jedi, Seo tipped her head slightly as she pointed out they were all unconventional. Giving her a list of weapons, the Knight suddenly felt almost inadequate compared to Jonyna. Shaking her head before answering when she spoke, she had the same accent as Jonyna.

"I have no really special Force skills, but I can imitate most accents quickly and fit into local society in a short amount of time."

If she had more time to think, then Seo might have been able to give a better answer.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

"Wish I could that." Jonyna chuckled. "I'm all over the place, and yet I always seemed to stick out like a sore thumb. Guess that's just what you get from being a Cathar. We don't exactly blend in well. So you been all over the place? Got any interesting stories?"

Seo Linn Seo Linn

"I could teach you a few things that might help you blend in."

Giving Jonyna an appraising eye, the Knight did think of a few things she could offer as advice. She wouldn't automatically state anything, though, as it wasn't in her nature to talk much. With the probing questions asked, she would be open to giving her more information.

"Have you heard of Lorrd? That's where I was born and lived most of my life. In my late teens, though, I left there and searched for the Silver Jedi. From there, I learned to listen to the Force and allow it to guide my life. You?"

Looking out of the cab, she tried to see where they were going.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

"Oh gosh, my story is a doozy. I'm technically 930 now. Fought with the Rebel Alliance, worked for the Hutts, then I fought an ice witch and got turned into a popsicle for 900 years. Been with the NJO ever since. I've heard the name of the Silver jedi a few times now. What's up with them?"

"So you have no family?"

Her knowledge of the lifespan of a Cathar was minimal, but not very many races had extended lifespans. She assumed one would live a pretty average amount of time and then die. Before offering any sympathy, she would wait for an answer. There was also the chance that Jonyna had never even known her family. In those days, children were separated from them very early, and any memory was gone because there weren't any.

"There isn't much to say about the Silver's. To my knowledge, the Bryn had a large role in their demise as a strong force in the Galaxy. As you can see, not all have disappeared."

Slightly pointing to herself, Seo fell silent, thinking about old friends she might never see again.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

"Oh, my blood is all over the galaxy now. Got a great nephew a few times over that's a paddie right now." Jonyna faked a smile. She missed her sisters, even if they were still waiting for her in the wellspring. She blinked though. "I...don't know what a Bryn is either..."

As Seo talked with Jonyna, a sudden question popped into her mind. One that had been there before, but she had never given it voice.

"What year is it?"

Most of the color had drained from her face, and she felt she should have known this before tonight.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

It was a good thing Seo was sitting when the answer came. While not one to openly display her emotions much, this shock was one she couldn't easily hide. Did she want to, though? Looking at another woman who had her time shattered by 900 years, her had been upended by about 30 or so. Give or take a couple of years.

"Oh dear. I have been missing for a while myself."

It was the comment about not knowing what a Bryn was that finally flagged in the mind of the Knight.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Sometimes it was something simple that could help solve a problem temporarily. A hug sounded like just the medicine Seo needed, along with a good evening out dancing and drinking.

"Yes, that sounds perfect."

Opening her arms up, she would pull Jonyna into a hug and just keep ahold of her for several moments. Long enough for her to feel a little better but not long enough for the hug to be uncomfortable for either of them.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom