Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Trading in Danger

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

She was going to lead.... She didn't look back but she nodded her head. It was a plan... maybe a bad one as she was fairly certain the snowdrift here she could sink into. THe boy coming up to her height as she nodded. "Alright then... we will head out." She said it with a smile on her face and she was prepared for a lot of it. She turned though when she was walking and bowed. "It is alright, I have learned a great deal traveling with KNight Fenn... he won't let us down." The grin was on her facer though as they had packs and were able to head off some of the people seeing them when she started to walk through the heavier snow. Finding the path they had taken with her senses more then with sight. THe river there as she followed it to the areas they had been and looked around. The collapsed sections of rock were there and she could see other parts of it leading in. "It could be entered but not easily and likely to fill with snow or rain which will start to flood it." She said it while she was looking at more of it. "We could set some charges to collapse more of it to seal it."

Maybe it was just his imagination, for it did get the better of him, but Yondir sensed hesitation.
It didn’t matter. Ikki would lead, but she would not go alone. A Knight and Initiate had her back.
The woman and the boy were about the same height though size was measured rather in valor.
Both had it, all three shared courage, for they had a mission, and, more importantly, each other.

Master Ike expressed having learned a great deal from Knight Fenn. I must live up to her words.
She said he would not let them down. It was his promise now, his commitment. Here to serve.
The river was there and had led the pair to the village. From the ruins. Broken in the distance.
They could go back the way they came, but the expedition had come from another direction.

Ikki’s suggestion of an explosion was apt. However, Yondir held fast, and he just kept silent.
Apprehension plagued him, memories of that witch, what she did to him, as he gripped a fist.
“We could indeed, Ikki…” he feebly expressed. Taking a familiar route, it did make some sense.
“What do you think?” Yondir asked Mavin. His opinion mattered. “We came here from the west.”

The boy pointed toward a slope. It descended steep, and winding, with heavy snowfall within.
“The avalanche has made that path contested,” Yondir offered. “So we must decide between.”
Taking a moment, Yondir thought back to the ruins, a castle complex, allowed himself to think.
“The mountains provide shelter, but our route is unstable. The river, however, offers its own gift.”

Those charges could seal crevices as much as open them, but nature was ever indiscriminate.
“If we follow the river, to whatever fork or tributary, the source is bound to lead us downward.”
Down the mountain, away from the ruins, which Yondir was, privately, not so willing to brave.
Or ready to face. Would rather keep his distance. “We may not have shelter...but one another.”

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

She had to give a nod of her head with that.. charges would be one thing but they might be able to do it better. She crouched and was looking at it... leaving it opened would pose a future problem that they could not foresee even if it was a year, ten a a hundred.. eventually someone would find it either here or where they came into the fortress through the caves. THey couldn't stop that but they could try and delay... which would have to do if they were lucky. "I have an idea." She focused and stood there... allowing herself to focus on the force and herself... breathing in as her chest puffed up for a moment and then she spoke in a soft voice.

"Conceal." As she spoke energy formed from her mouth as she sent it towards the rocks and where they had come out. No charges just the impact of the voice going into the rocks to collapse it along with a mountain of snow and ice that was able to cover it. The sound muffled as she looked and breathed heavier for a moment. She looked at it and nodded when she was debating which way to go as the pass would likely be safe but following the river would always give them a good guide and path to follow. Civilization existed along it as Ikki was moving with the force guiding them and she kept the youngling between them. Leading the way in as she found a pathway down the other side of the mountain.

Back in the ruins, that black water with its creature, Ikki’s voice had opened, and it became frozen.
She spoke now as she had then, so composed, and the stones and snow did just as commanded.
Yondir watched them collapse, then looked over to his partner. He could not help but admire her.
Never underestimate a Jedi Master no matter their stature. It was a mistake he hoped not to make.
He also did not intend to reveal to either of his companions, especially his friend, of his hesitation.

Yondir was glad they took the path to the river, bypassed the pass back into those forbidden ruins.
He attempted to forget them altogether, walking at the back of the trio, hood pulled over his head.
It wasn’t storming again yet the snowfall was constant, the wind whipped, and they needed vision.
The pathway was narrow and flanked by carven sentinels, a sign of civilization as much as a guide.

“It’s so cold,” Mavin stated the obvious. Fortunately he did have an outfit of thick, warm garments.
“Try not to focus on it,” Yondir offered to him, noting that their ‘guideposts’ faded into the distance.
“And always breathe through your nose. Doing so helps warm the air for when it reaches the lungs.”
“I will try, master Jedi.” He was an obedient initiate, Yondir thought, while he turned his gaze above.

The sky was as white as snow, and on the other side of the path was a cliff that stretched endlessly.
The horizon was difficult to see amid the snowdrift, yet Yondir paused just then. “I hear something.”
Unlike Mavin, the Knight and the Master had the Force to guide them—Yondir’s ears were his eyes.
Beating. Steadily. Rhythmically. Like a single note of music... They were wings—of creatures in flight.

“Do you see them?”
He beckoned to Mavin.
“Where!?” Yondir pointed beyond their cliff.
“There.” A flock of black figures appeared.
Gliding into view along the path. So near…

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

THe path was easy enough to move ona nd she could see it in her mind.. feel it in the force... and everywhere else the snow touched. Even with temperature regulating clothing and the small comforts it provided that was not something that she overly enjoyed climbing up to move through the snow. She wasn't going to use her wires to melt the snow and make a path that would just look strange enough. She was breathing in and out.. focusing her mind with the force as she sensed the path and then there was something more coming.. she could feel them before Yondir and Mavin pointed it out. Looking over the snow that was piled in front of herself at the black cloaked figures. A small look on her face as she would have a chance to let out a little frustration one could get from climbing around on the snow. "Alright... we will handle this as an example... first step is to be able to establish the dialogue and talk with them." She said it while she was moving onto the snow and holding her hands up but to her side with the elbows tucked in. "Hello, we mean no harm

Ikki Ike mentioned the first step in communication, not for the Jedi Knight, but for the Jedi Initiate.
Unbeknownst to both, Yondir Fenn was already communicating with them. With spirit, if in silence.
They were small dark shapes against the white; slender figures, widest in their wings, and gliding.
Drifting, as oblivious to adventurers as the mountain was to a blizzard, or wind to breath. Living…

The thought was not for naught. The birds in the sky, these simpler creatures, they simply survived.
They did not have to worry about feeling, about right and wrong. However, that is what made Jedi.
“D-Dialogue?” Mavin sounded incredulous. “Talk with them?” He caught his breath as they hovered.
Ikki spoke hello, though her words dripped with energy unheard, unseen, as the Jedi heard the birds.

One of them chirped, short and high, lifting to the sky. It was echoed by another, then by others.
Yondir sensed no danger, but the beginning of a song; a melody as long as it took Ikki to say hello.
“Neither do they,” Yondir confirmed. The birds didn’t fly away from the cliff but came ever so closer.
They answered peace with serenity. “Say something,” Yondir beckoned after Mavin. “Before they go.”

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

She gave a nod but didn't speak.. looking at the creatures with her eyes. 'Yes.' Mentally she said it while moving forward as the birds did the same and she was calm, serene even as she stopped and stood there for a moment. Holding her hand up and then out. One coming to her fingers as it perched and the jedi master remained still. Her body moving the barest to breathe but she could remain focused and passive in this... calm and careful as she spoke low but it was coming out able to be heard with projections of her voice. "Yes... allow yourself to breathe and calm your body.. you are part of their world as much as they are of yours.. it creates a connection between the both of you and allows you to push forward with any number of things."

Mavin still looked hesitant as he bit his lip as if trying to stifle a smile at the birds in his presence.
He was uncertain, and it took neither a Jedi Knight nor Master to recognize it. Learning. Exploring.
“Do not be afraid,” Yondir beckoned the Initiate who tutted. “I’m not scared!” Yondir didn’t sense it.
He only hoped to bring him out of his shell and into the moment. Discovery could be so rewarding.

“Then—” Yet Yondir couldn't even finish his sentence before a bird found purchase and it perched.
On Ikki’s fingers, no less, who stood like a statue, as still as bliss in a frozen snowflake. An expert…
Her abilities were nothing to put past her. She took the initiative, showed the Initiate composure.
She spoke with wisdom, and both the boy and the man listened, watched, eyes and ears turned.

“I think it likes you, Master!” Mavin giggled as the bird on Master Ike’s fingers fluttered its wings.
“It does indeed,” Yondir agreed, suddenly wishing he could be so expressive. “And it has...feeling.”
“What is your meaning, Sir Fenn?” Sir Fenn. Wrong Knight. “The Force flows through living things.”
“People and beasts?” Mavin queried. “Yes. As when you focus, you connect, just as Master Ike said.”

She had already proven it to him, and Yondir supported it as he held out his hand as a bird landed.
“Breathe,” he repeated. “Let go of your inhibitions,” he beckoned the Initiate. “Feel the connection.”
“I’ll try,” Mavin held out his hand and whispered to the birds. “I am your friend.” Nothing happened.
The boy sighed. “Two wills as one,” Yondir encouraged, studying his familiar. “Your mind and its mind.”

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

She could hear them and feel the force around while she looked at the bird perching on her finger. Gently moving the barest of movements as her hand raised and it went up into the air. A smile on her face when it flew away. She stood there looking at the two of them and YOndir was getting better at least talking with the boy.. which was a benefit to her... she didn't mind teaching or explaining but it was something to have another perspective in the mix. SHe remained quiet for the moment.. allowing the force to guide the boy when she moved slowly and carefully finding a place she could sit and sink into the force itself to not be a distraction... distractions came later to help with situations in the training but not at first. "Keep going."

From the boy’s perspective, both Jedi in his presence likely made this endeavor look all too easy.
While Ikki clearly had experience and wisdom, Yondir had long since learned to bond with beasts.
It was his privilege as much as his duty as a Ranger of Rhunor. Could this bird yet be his familiar?
Maybe. This moment, it was perched on his finger like hers; quiet, content, between air and earth.

Breathe. Both the Knight and the Master had advised the new Initiate. Release. It was what Ikki Ike did.
Her bird flew upward, letting it go like a breath of air, going back to the freedom sky with its kindred.
Her gesture was as much a demonstration of control; both the power to take and the power to give.
It was something that Yondir observed carefully, remembering home, though living in this moment.

Ikki found purchase on a surface, encouraged Mavin to continue, to learn what it takes to be a Jedi.
“Gwethala,” the Ranger spoke, gazing at the bird on his fingers. It turned, gazed back, eyes into eyes.
“What is that?” The boy asked. Yondir dare not look away from the bird’s black irises, golden pupils.
“It is a word after mine own tongue. In Basic it roughly translates to ‘steady bond’.” He told his pupil.

The bird was great in wing, curved in beak, heavily ebony in its feathers. “It sees me. It knows me.”
The boy tilted his head in study. “But…it’s just a bird…” He couldn’t see. Yet Yondir saw everything.
“It is a creature with a soul, one that Jedi never control, but we control ourselves. And our minds.”
He felt the talons squeeze in. “Breathe in.” The boy did. “Out.” The boy did. “Now close your eyes.”

“Um…okay…” Mavin did as he was instructed. The Knight obliged him. “Feel the wind. It is a door.”
“I…feel it…” The mountain wind surrounded them, inch by inch, trying to bite them, though it didn’t.
It enveloped them, as permitted, and so too were they on this cliff. “Now, hear their wings, Mavin.”
“I…hear…them…” Yondir could sense the boy’s concentration. “Call your bird to you. Use the Force.”

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

She listened to Yondir explain and nodded in agreement... he wasn't wrong... flowery about it maybe but connecting with animals was a basic thing for a jedi and being able to do that allowed you an idea of how to connect with people.. to see the intricacies of the mind and how to influence or connect with them. It would allow for a greater deal of control the better you got at it and she moved letting the one bird fly away before she checked the skies above them. It was clear enough and she reached out with the force... her focus on what they had above them when she was reaching out. There were more advanced cities.. this world was not unknown to the galaxy but it was secluded as the jedi master spoke softly in a whisper and it pulsed force energy sending it into the air. The compression of speech and energy of the oswafts was not known by many but she stayed sitting there as it wouldn't be right away... returning her attention to the two as YOndir was teaching the boy.

Yondir no longer watched the bird on his finger but the boy and initiate, carefully studying him.
They both were—man and avian, as one. Mentally connected, spiritually even, in animal kinship.
Beast control, taming, there were other words for this, but it was no trick. For Yondir it’s natural.
The Force had opened its door and more to him but he had long learned to bond with animals.

The forest provided the perfect floor for it, a great environment to train, as did the mountain.
Listen. To the wind, the man had instructed the boy. To the wings of the flying beasts. And see.
Ears open, eyes closed, Mavin felt the stone, the snow, frost in the wind on his skin as if fabric.
There was a caw, it echoed close, and from the fog emerged a creature to descend on a finger.

“I…I…I did it!” Talons wrap around hand and wrist as the boy cradled the bird and it stared at him.
“You did,” Yondir congratulated, though his tone was as composed as Ikki’s whisper; a bit distant.
Teaching was not his specialty yet ultimately this student is not his but Ikki’s; part of her mission.
Mavin’s bird flew away to its kin just then. Yondir’s took after it. “Perhaps we both need practice.”

“Bye.” Mavin twisted his lips from a smile to a frown as the birds returned to their course and left.
“Quel mara tenne calo essen’ar.” It's Yondir’s turn to whisper as those familiar creatures disappear.
“Busy beasts. Something we have in common.” Both Jedi were on a mission and it was yet to end.
“Look!” Yondir followed Mavin’s finger further ahead. The path wound down as fog began to clear.

The snow was letting up some, enough to show them the way. “This route looks safe for the others...”
It likely led to the base of this mountain and potentially served as a main road for their predecessors.
The villagers had business of their own of course, like the Jedi, like the child who will learn the Force.
For his charge, however, Yondir wondered whether to stay, guard the cave. Make sure. Hold the door.

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

She watched, turning her attention back to the pair of them and smiled at that. Allowing the force to guide them as when the birds flew away the path was becoming more and more clear. Her hand coming out and motioning. "Come along then." She looked at Yondir for a moment and raised an eyebrow while she was walking. "One of these days, I am going to manage to get you to stop thinking about things and just act... it will be something fun to see." She moved straightening her robes and headpiece as she walked. "Now come, you are the jedi.. I am just the maid to most eyes attending to you and your ward. It allows one to discern motives of those who are met and gives us a chance to pre-emptively quell situations that might escalate if they think there are two jedi present."

Everybody seemed to be in agreement but more importantly is Ikki’s confirmation on their direction.
After all, amid the Jedi Initiate, Jedi Knight and Jedi Master, the latter was considered their commander.
That was rather appropriate to Yondir. Rank mattered, including when it came to the student in their midst.
However, even with her wisdom, he could only wonder at her words. Actions without thought... I am not sure.

Ikki mentioned she was the maid, he was the Jedi, and after a moment of confusion he finally realized.
She was speaking figuratively, considering he took most things literally, but of course Ikki was still a Jedi.
Yondir can’t fathom what kinds of encounters would happen on this mountain to where she’d need a disguise.
However, it was best to be cautious. For all they knew that witch had a group and there could be cultists nearby.

“It is a wise idea, Master Ike,”
Yondir spoke as he pulled on his own robes. Though it was no longer so snowy.
“I shall be the Jedi, Mavin shall be my student, and you shall be my maid. I will claim this to any who we pass.”
He might not be great at emoting, but that might work in his favor, for he could keep a straight face. Mostly.
Faces tended to change, like minds, as the Knight decided to not stay behind but see how the Order will act.

Right when something struck him in the back.
Yondir’s eyes widened as he faced his attacker.
“OH I’M SO SORRY SIR I AIMED FOR THE BIRDS”
Yondir brushed snow off his cloak. And…laughed.

It was a bit of a harrumph at first. Then a chortle.
Papery thin, rigid lips, but then they spread in full.
He bared his teeth, opened his throat, and giggled.
He laughed at Mavin. To the skies. Over the snowball.

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

It took him only a moment but he seemed to understand or at least accept it. Appearing non threatening was important but there was strength in numbers and no matter how it was, no matter the world generally the males were viewed larger and stronger. 'Girls can beat boys but no women can beat a man' might not be as evolved but it was true in some cases... not factoring in the force or honed combat training. It was better in some cases to play into expectations. THen... it happened and everything went silent as she looked at Yondir for his reaction. The snowball had come from the boy and she suppressed her snicker under a face of calmness and serenity. She was prepared for anything but.... laughter he was laughing which only served to make the others laugh. She was prepared for more of it while moving and walked with him. "See you are getting into the swing of it already... just have fun in the moment and let your mind relax. It will make you not get as many wrinkles."

It was so very…strange. It was a sensation he had experienced before, surely, right? Not his first time?
He could not even remember. Really, when was the last time that Yondir Fenn had laughed in his life?
His chest rose with his breath in the snow then went low, again and again and again, in only moments.
He could not breathe during this, hardly conscious of his spread lips, like some lonely wave in an ocean.

I am laughing. And even he could admit it was a bit of an idiotic thought within, but it fit the occasion.
Why am I laughing? He looked to the skies, white as innocence, then to the child, who laughed back.
Catching himself, Master Ike approached and spoke, and that was enough for her to calm the man.
“Sorry,” Yondir apologized, clearing his throat, bereft of her amusement. He can’t share the notion.

“I do not know what came over me…” Ikki mentioned fun, relax, wrinkles. He just wanted to breathe.
“Hey maybe snow just makes you happy! Heehee!” Whatever it was, Mavin remained with his glee.
Or maybe something happened to me that I cannot yet see. “I shall take your advice and I shall try.”
Yondir just walked on, watching the horizon, stiff and stern, not giving either companion his eyes.

Get into the swing of it. But what did that even mean, really? He blinked. Oh. I see. “Master…Ike…”
The Knight stopped his walk and he just stood there, looking forward, cloak billowing within wind.
“I apologize yet again.” He did not look away from the path as he crouched away from her position.
When he rose, Yondir hurled a snowball at Ikki, aiming for her back. Was this what she had in mind?

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

She listened and he apologized a lot but it was fine she could manage with it and work on it later... they would have to do something about it if they continued on such a quest. SHe listened to him and the boy was there as she was walking and then she felt something strike the back of her head and she stiffened for a moment... just a brief second before she continued to move and made it seem like there was no notice... her hands slipping down as her fingers grazed the snow... forward and forward before she was feeling the force and didn't stop.. let him wait a moment before flicking smaller snowballs back at him... allowing her sense of direction to guide her shots while she wasn't looking to try and strike him. "Oh someone is wanting to be adventerous."

Curious. Yondir Fenn had aimed for Ikki Ike’s back. However, the wind was against his efforts. As proven.
Instead, his snowball had struck the back of her head. In that instant, Knight Fenn had frozen in movement.
Even if her intention was for him to propel atmospheric water vapor at her, well, her back was Yondir’s target.
Her head? That is an entirely different matter for such a frozen contraption. The Knight didn't mean to harm it.

“M-Master?”
Yondir stuttered. “S-Sorry yet again—” Yet, just then, the wind had picked up, as if it is in some sudden gust.
What’s this? Yondir wondered. He wanted to inform Master Ike that his judgment was a blunder and offer another apology.
“OOPSY-DAISY!” Mavin gleefully laughed as pellets of white flakes flew and fell back toward Yondir to strike him in the face.
“Most unfortunate,” the lone ranger so far from home blinked as he licked snow from his lips. “It is my punishment, I believe.”

It was only right for Master Ike to discipline the Knight.
“WEEEE!” Mavin began to dance in the snow at his side.
Or is this the lesson she is teaching me? Maybe? Give in?
At that, he summoned the Force for a mighty whirlwind.
A flurry of snow showered upon Ikki as if some tornado.
Adventurous, yes, that’s what Yondir is. Or so he hoped.

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Yondir Fenn Yondir Fenn

SHe heard him aand moved as she turned around on her heel quickly bringing one hand around and sending another snowball at him. The man was many things but he wasn't always the quickest to figure things out. Ikki looked at him as she moved in the snow and was allowing her smaller size to press her closer. "Relax, you act like the slightest thing will make me look to fight or shout at you.. just be laid back and enjoy the snow... or better yet loosen up and have a little more fun." SHe said it with a smile on her face while her hands were scooping and shaping. To make the snow into ammo that she could quickly toss as both of them with quicker movements.

All things considered, none of these events as they turned were anything new to Yondir.
Jedi had long since sparred with one another, trained with blade, or as much with Force.
It was a way to keep oneself in shape, and each other. For entertainment? For pleasure?
That was not really Yondir’s way. It was for some. However, he definitely was not bored.

He had conjured a minor flurry of snow at his makeshift attacker, but Ikki was not slow.
Through this tickling twister in this bit of a blizzard she moved as if she was that wind.
She escaped a frozen embrace, pressed forward, and sent forth upon him more snow.
The ball of icy powder almost hit his nose. He dodged, curling a projectile into his fist.

He paused as his partner, his opponent, talked. She told him to relax and just lay back.
For a moment, it was all Yondir could do to blink at her and wonder. I already did that…
To each other. Against his better judgment. Alone in a cave, in ruins, within cold stone.
Her skin was warm though. Enjoy the snow. His heart loosened for her. It was no show.

-PLOMP!-

Amid the Ranger’s distraction, it had cost him, as Ikki’s missile struck him in his head.
“THAT’S WHAT YOU GET” Mavin said. He was content being an audience and listened.
Watched the pair duel with spheres and flurries rather than sabers. Yet they’re not fools.
If Ikki commanded to loosen up, have fun, Yondir would follow suit. This would be…cool?

He had done so before. “Prepare your—” Sentence interrupted as he was hit in his chest.
“Self…” He breathed in. Materialized a mighty snowball for the win. Out came his breath.
Master moved quickly. I must match her speed. So he would show no mercy toward Ikki.
“DODGE THIS” At that, he spun aside, evading her strike. His would pelt her on her knee.

Ikki Ike Ikki Ike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom