Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Incredible Journey

Ra chuckled at Flinx's suggestion that he go and prepare food.

"When did you learn how to cook? I only showed you one time and at that time, I talked more about myself than taught you anything."

As he was standing and stretching in front of her, she reached out and gently massaged his lower back. In the process, she got a very nice view of his rear end.

"Hey I can, try cant I?" Feeling a draft Flinx looked down realizing that not only was he nude, but all his scars had faded and he was totally healed, even his missing bits.

"Oh dear!"

Ra chuckled slightly at his comment about cooking.

"If you think I'm letting you into MY galley not having a clue how to use it, you're mistaken."

Her voice was full of humor as she spoke and he could hear the smile in her voice. As he stretched, Flinx suddenly stopped when he realized he was naked. Ra looked up at him and wondered what was wrong.

"What's wrong?"

Ra was sure the looks on both of their faces was priceless and while thinking about it, she may have blushed slightly. She was silent for at least a minute before speaking.

"Uh...yes food."

On her way out, she turned her head to look over her shoulder at Flinx and likely blushed even more. Though he wouldn't be able to see it, he would sense it.

Flinx bushed even harder and quickly went about putting his robes on. Even thught he no longer needed to hide his scars, he enjoyed the feel of the heavy robes.

'Ra'a'mah hows the food comming, can i help?"

Quite distracted by the whole situation, Ra was still rummaging around in the galley when Flinx asked how the food was coming. Coming out of her daze, she jerked up and slammed the back of her head on the hard cupboard door edge. Grabbing something random from inside, she turned around rubbing her head as he walked in to join her.

"How about some oatmeal?"

She showed him the box she grabbed and actually looked at it. It was potatoes and not the oats she had been looking for.

Rolling her tongue around in her in her mouth before speaking again and smiling at him. He would feel the happiness come off her.

"Congrats?"

Man that sounded so lame, but it was already said and she blushed again.

Flinx smiled at her floundering and came in and took her hand. "Its ok dear." I sit in the booth and sing an old song

Are you going to Scarborough Fair?
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Remember me to one who lives there
He once was a true love of mine

Tell him to make me a cambric shirt
Without no seams nor needle work
Then he'll be a true love of mine

Tell him to find me an acre of land
Between salt water and the sea strands

Tell him to reap it with a sickle of leather
And gather it all in a bunch of heather

Still rubbing her head. Ra turns back to look in the cupboard the oatmeal she had been searching for before. She heard him singing from the table and it stopped her in her tracks. The song was beautiful and mesmerizing. The food forgotten, she just looks at Flinx until he finishes.

"Wow, I've never heard such an enchanting song."

Turning back round, she went to continue her search for food.

"My mother would sing it to me when she was bandageing me up or cooking. She sang other songs too. Would you like to hear some?"

Flinx hadn't sang since he left his mother, but his heart felt lighter now that he could give to others what she gave to him.

Turning to look over her shoulder at him while she found the oats.

"I would like that."

Finally finding the box, she took it and out within a couple of minutes they had steaming bowls of oatmeal on the table.

Flinx, happy to share what few happy memories he had, launched into a song he had heard in a market by a couple of space gypsys.

I'll swim and sail on savage seas
With never a fear of drowning
And gladly ride the waves of life
If you would marry me
No scorching sun nor freezing cold
Will stop me on my journy
If you will promise me your heart
And love

And love me for eternity
My dearest one, my darling dear
Your mighty words astound me
But I've no need for mighty deeds
When I feel your arms around me

But I would bring you rings of gold
I'd even sing you poetry (oh, would you?)
And I would keep you from all harm
If you would stay beside me

I have no use for rings of gold
I care not for your poetry
I only want your hand to hold
I only want you near me
To love and kiss to sweetly hold
For the dancing and the dreaming
Through all life's sorrows
And delights
I'll keep your laugh inside me

I'll swim and sail a savage seas
With never a fear of drowning
I'd gladly ride the waves so white
And you will marry me!

Listening to the words of the song, Ra wonders if he chose that one on purpose. His voice is sweet and clear. Smiling a little and trying to hum to the tune as she eats. She almost coughs at the ending.

"Are you trying to....never mind."

She just looked into her now empty bowl of oatmeal.

"No dear, but they were. No I just have a knack for remembering songs. I guess its part of the whole being blind thing"
Flinx ate his oatmeal just enjoying her company. Now that he thought about it, it did seem kinda misleading. but he remained silent.

Looking back across the table at Flinx, Ra is glad he is who he is. She gives him a smile at his sense of humor.

"You think so? I always seem to forget you are."

It just shows her acceptance of him and the fact he can't see is not an issue.

"Maybe someday, I'll be able to use the Force to see as well."

Ra shrugged her shoulders slightly and stood up to clean her bowl out. Flinx continued to hum different tunes as he ate his food.

"So now that you've recovered, is there anything you need to do?"

Pulling out her datapad, she turned it on and brought up the itinerary for the next few days.

"Well, since I had expected you were going to need longer to recover, I have deliveries to make at a couple places, then nothing on the board for a while.
At least until I need more credits."

An alarm started sounding from the cockpit as they arrived at the first stop. Ra stood up and nodded to Flinx.

"Excuse me just a moment."

[member="Flinx Kalith"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom