Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apocalypse Now​ (DM story)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allies: [member="Wolf"] [member="Samka Derith"] [member="Vustia"] [member="Doc"] [member="Kierel"] [member="Thresh Sken"]

During their ride on the shuttle, Darth Ophidia had slipped into meditation. She found it helped her conserve energy and sharpen her focus before what would most likely become a bloodbath. Her breath was calm when she opened her eyes, but in her veins a fire was burning. The Rattataki blood that flowed through her had always given her a penchant for violence and a lust for war. The dark side of the Force had only strengthened it. Her hands clenched and unclenched in readiness.

Over the shoulders of others, she stared at the ramp. Even as the room was bathed in the second burst of red from the Omega, she kept her eyes on the exit. Troopers and Knights of Ren in front of her, she knew she was not the front-line fighter. Her expertise lay elsewhere.

When the ramp opened and all hell was unleashed upon the hangar, the Pale Assassin did what she did best: Disappear. Her presence in the Force shrunk into seeming nothingness and her form blinked out of existence. This was her forte; her game. Unseen, unheard, unnoticed, Ophidia was a ghost.

She stepped in behind one of the First Order's troopers, moving in his footsteps like a shadow on his back. He was her shield and the plough that opened the path for her invisible form. Looking over his shoulder, she mapped the room as best she could in the heat of the moment. Who came from where? What were her options for safety? Who fought who? But her scan was quickly interrupted as the trooper she shielded herself behind took a blaster bolt to the neck and dived to the floor rather gracelessly. Ophidia knelt down over the body and snatched a thermal detonator from the back of the dead trooper's utility belt, enveloping the grenade in her shroud.

Veering to the left, she made for the wall, ducking from one back to the next with the grace and fluency in movement of a makashi master. Bolts streaked past her head from either side, some searing holes in the extremities of her cloak. Yet, she made it to the wall and followed it in an attempt at cutting behind the resistance. Her invisibility was not indefinite, she would have to find a way quickly.

[member="Kierel"]

It would have made life simpler if they only joined Daxton in a battle meld, allowing the Sith to use his advanced knowledge of the Force to improve their chances of success.

When ramp swung down, the Dark Lord was already on the move, charging at the ranks of enemy soldiers with azure and crimson blades laid bare. A demon with the gift of frenzy could best describe him as he cut down two or more enemies at a time, leaving a scorched pile of dismembered corpses lay steaming in his wake.

In the face of the walking avatar of death, survival was the better part of valor as the enemy forces began abandoning their positions.

Allies: [member="Wolf"] [member="Samka Derith"] [member="Kierel"] [member="Doc"] [member="Vustia"] [member="Darth Ophidia"]

I surfaced from my meditation on the ship as a presence neared me. It was Vustia. She was... apologizing for bumping me in the hallway at the Academy? I was momentarily shocked. It was a very un-Sith like thing to do, but a very heartwarming one at that. I felt immediate gratitude towards her, that she felt the need to check on me. I was fine, but in a normal Dark Side Sith order, the weak and wounded were left behind. I was thankful that the Knights of Ren were no usual Sith. Vustia had just shown me yet another way we differed from them. I was speechless for a few more seconds and then felt the ship shudder as we docked. Vustia was gone before I could reply. Momentarily forgetting that where we were, the sound was restored, I called out in my mind "No worries. The important thing is we all got through OK," but, lacking telepathy on my end, I doubted my message reached her.

I grabbed my lightsaber and dashed after Vustia, reaching the landing ramp just as the Stormtrooper gave her speech. I admired her for that. She was unafraid, making sure we did our jobs too. I gave her a nod of my head, showing that I shared her conviction. I wouldn't let the First Order down. Not now, not any time.

I activated my double bladed lightsaber as the landing ramp lowered. I was out the door behind everyone in a flash, deflecting blaster fire and cutting down the troopers nearest to the shuttle. I moved towards the right wall of the landing area, hoping to start a flanking maneuver from behind once I cleared through the troopers currently in my path.

The sheer amount of blaster fire was overwhelming; at first I was having difficulty deflecting all the fire directed at me in the open, but when I waded into the sea of enemies they wouldn't risk shooting each other, so I had a much easier time of it. I think my shadowy form helped throw their aim off, because I was short and seemed otherworldly. I could sense their fear of the unknown. Me. I waded into their midst. Cut. Spin. Duck. Deflect. Cut. Over and over and over.

These people stood between me and the destruction of this monstrosity of a machine, so they stood no chance. But that didn't mean they couldn't put up a good fight. I had more than a few singed hairs when I finished cutting a swath through the rightmost squadron of troopers. A moment of respite bought, I panted and looked around to see where I might be useful next.

I noticed some Sith that had gone unnoticed by me that were advancing on the ramp of our ship. What were they doing there? I searched for what their possible target could be and then saw the shots coming out from underneath the ramp. The Stormtroopers. I sprinted quickly to try to intercept the Sith; without our troopers we would have no long-ranged support or medical supplies. They were vital to our mission. I bounded as quickly as I could towards the advancing Sith, deflecting blaster bolts that followed me in my path. I just needed to reach the Sith first and distract them, and then hopefully backup would arrive. I wasn't confident in my abilities to take on a Knight, much less multiple Sith of any rank at once. But I cast the thought out. Right now, the Stormtroopers were a priority. And if that meant just being a distraction, a minor annoyance, then so be it. I would be the most annoying distraction they ever faced.

Allies: [member="Cole Dagos"] and all others

"Yes up your game not get hurt." He thought she was beautiful, he only knew that because he had been on Kashyyyk now the deads.ly part she didn't know about that. "beautiful huh. I'll take that."

There would be no surprise for almost the moment they landed and the doors opened, shots were fired. Arla quickly drew her weapon and shot at everything moving, everyone seemed scattered and taking on the sith troopers for the first time she considered her own mortality.

She wondered what would happen to Avrum her son, she protected him from everything including sith, she knew she had to protect the galaxy from the Omega to keep children like her son safe.

Cole was hurt and she wasn't sure how badly, but it was a testament to his strength that he kept going. Yes he had proven himself, she would have to ask [member="Ordo"] about adopting him. If she did it wouldn't that make her his buir? She didn't think that would go over well.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Allies: [member="Karen Roberts"] [member="Xiarr Sair"] [member="Viktoria Kess"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Claire Ouron"]

Matsu could sense the others and was picking them up on the probes that were moving around when she lept up into the air standing on the head of one of the troopers when she was looking at Karen Roberts blow someone.... Up she was blowing someone up and away like dust in the wind. There were some others while she was moving and motioned with her hand towards Karen when she jumped off the one sith. "Karen this way." She could see some of the others while moving there when she shoulder checked a sith coming towards her and rolled spinning around while she slashed into the floor making a hole so she could move thorugh and out of the hanger with a nod of her head motioning for the other jedi. "Quickly move all of you." Matsu motioned repulsing the stormtroopers back and into the air before she was jumping down.

EQUIPMENT: IN BIO
ALLIES (?) NEARBY: [member="Cole Dagos"], [member="Elpsis Elaris"], [member="Nima Tann"]
ENEMIES: THE OMEGA, SITH SOLDIERS
CURRENT OBJECTIVE: GET TO THE CHOPPA

Ghorua grunted heavily as he was pegged from all sides with blaster fire. Inbetween his cloak and heavy armor, the blaster rifles of the soldiers did little damage, but their bolts still burned.

The Shark had charged into the hole he had created in the wall, his phrik pole extended. He blocked a few shots every now and again, thanks to his genetically-modified reflexes, but he was no expert. Mostly, he closed the distance with the enemy as quickly as possible, and swung as hard as he could. He looked terrifying in all senses of the word, a blur of dark armor and movement.

The massive Herglic whipped Trident in a swooping arc, catching three Sith troopers across their heads, breaking their necks. The armor they wore didn't seem to prepare them for the kinetic force brought on by the Shark. He impaled one on the sharp end of his staff, and flung the body over his head, gore flying all around him. The scent of viscera tugged at his mind, enticing, invigorating. Ghorua suppressed the urge to quell his bloodlust, instead moving to a free turolift. It seemed a few Mandalorians had beat him to the shuttles, but he wasn't far behind. As he made it to the roof, Ghorua stepped into an open shuttle, ducking under the durasteel, and setting up the autopilot.

The Bounty Hunter's large fingers moved deftly over the controls, shutting the shuttle's doors behind him just as a squad of troopers began to fire. The Sith shuttle blasted into the atmosphere, headed for the dark shape in the sky, illuminated by red.

The Shark felt his stomach drop as he noticed the red flaring of the Omega. What had he gotten himself into? Ghorua was no soldier, to go off and die for a cause he didn't believe in.

Was he?

Allies: [member="Jericho"]

The droids she had let go around had managed to get her around and she had been running from the hanger deeper into the station. The information the AI's had recovered for her and going through the shuttles had given the jedi knight a number of things she could work with before she lept up grabbing a vent with nod of her head. She was ready to work with some fo the other jedi that were there in the hanger as well as some of the others. "Jericho I am heading in deeper so that we can go after trying to shut down the weapon." She wanted to try and it was sounding like there is a lot coming here now. she could see on her locator jedi beacons for them to be able to see before she let loose with a crystal shot to a console so that it could open the door when she tackled and threw to the side a trooper.

[member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Karen Roberts"] [member="Xiarr Sair"] @Viktora Kess @Joushua Dragonflames

Claire was dreading this, sure the Sith were evil, they enslaved others, they proudly embodied evil and they were indirectly the reason Claire's family went missing, Claire didn't want to openly admit it but she wanted to make them pay for all the harm they've caused, yet they were still people and she didn't want to kill them. Did she want to hurt them? Heck yeah she did, She wasn't afraid was hurting her enemies, but killing was something that was.. disturbing to her. So then how was she going to stop the Omega if she couldn't bring herself to put a stop to the ones behind it?

Before she could find the answer she was charging headlong into the chaos to help Matsu. She had her saber in hand but she only used it to block blaster bolts and to cut the blaster guns, to fight she used her hands, feet, speed and the force to fight her way though, hurting and even breaking a few limbs but not killing her foes, and this was actually a problem, she was slower then the others who didn't hesitate because she was thinking about how much power she should put into each blow. Eventually Claire made it to the hole Matsu made and jumped after her.

Kruel Zing

Nearby: @Wolf [member="Samka Derith"] @Vustia @Doc [member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Thresh Sken"]
Gear: Sonic Pistol, Slugthrower pistol, Lightsaber, 3 bottles of liquor, datapad

With the information I had been able to collect from the Sith academy on Castameer I knew that the Sith had a weakness to certain variations of plants. Little good the information did for me as I had no way to retrieve any living specimens that I could use against her. If she had one weakness that means she’d have more. No one was infallible, not even myself as little as I liked to admit it. With the healing factor offered by being a Firrerreo and the strength I benefited from I could still die just as easy as any regular soldier if shot in the right spot. Hand rubbing over my chest I felt the effects of the spores that I had accidently breathed in during my time within the Sith academy. They had slowly been wearing off but boy was I angrier than a rancor that found its child had wandered off.

Whoever decided to stand in my way would be on the receiving end of that pent up anger. The inferno within my chest burned bright as though my heart were made of an infernal furnace. My body was warm, and I hadn’t even drunk recently. With a heavy sigh I guided my shuttle into the hanger where I felt the familiar presences that had entered the temple with me. This time my flying was much better as I didn’t trust the autopilot to do the landing for me. Bringing the ship softly to the ground I pocketed the datapad I had retrieved from the Sith academy along with the last two datacubes I had yet to read. They would perhaps come in handy and who knew maybe there were codes and such for the Omega facility stored on the datapad.

Walking to the landing ramp I let my power build. Through the durasteel door I heard the sounds of not only lightsabers singing and classing but that of blaster bolts pinging off surfaces and striking others. This was where I belonged, in the fray. Fist hammering against the button the door separating me from outside opened with a hiss. At the foot a squad of Stormtroopers immediately began moving on me… How foolish, pulling out my flask I tilted my head back taking a large swig. “Honey! I’m HOME!” The last word was emphasized by flames that flew from my mouth as though I were a dragon. The flames would be hot enough to turn sand to molten glass, but had been amplified by the alcohol a large wave engulfing the Stormtroopers.

Omega - Hangar

Abyss was more than happy with his decision to retreat from the fights that had taken place on the omega since the battle had begun, when reinforcements of various sides made their entrance in the hanger. Until now, there only had been petty fights, people aimlessly crossing blades in hope of taking out one or two of the others that contended for the control of the superweapon. The duels had been drawn out, yet no one seemed to really get the upper hand. It had been a draw that seemed to stay for an eternity, so he decided to do what he could do best. Return to the shadows while letting the chaos work for him.

Only a few minutes ago he had felt a well known presence, that of his master [member="Darth Ophidia"], that had been moving closer and closer. Now it was gone and his master was nowhere to be seen. How surprising. Abyss chuckled soundless to himself, unseen to the outside as he shrouded himself in darkness that made him nothing more than a translucent shadow, that stood on the outer edge of the hanger, observing the fight taking place without interfering himself.

The chaos was becoming stronger, more troops of all sides littering the hangar and filling the air with slugs and blasterbolts. He would rather wait for the right moment to act, using the actual battle as diversion so he could move unseen. Other than his master he had decided against masking his presence in the force, both so she would know that he was there as well, and because he assumed that by all the sith and other force sensitive beings inside the omega, no one would find the time to figure out why there was a presence with no one belonging to it. He hoped that sooner or later his master would reveal herself, not to the public but to him, as long as he would be perceptive enough to piece together the clues. Fate was waiting.

Atlas Kane

A
Location: Pollux Air Base, [member="Undin Jaii Kryze"] [member="Korro Kenyu"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Khan Ra"] and anyone I missed! Sorry!
Allies: None currently
Enemies: Everyone and everything shooting at the Mando
Objective: Don't get horribly murdered on your way to Omega.

Carrying everything in his base equipment as well as

BOOM. Dirt was thrown up all around Cabur. Ptchow, ptchow, ptchow. Three blaster bolts went flying right above his head as he ducked behind a rock. More blaster bolts impacted the rock next to the fairly large Mandalorian. He was lucky to find a rock that was large enough to cover him as he made his advance towards the air base. It was one of the disadvantages of being Valkyri, you were a very large target for your opposition.

He quickly rolled out of cover and started returning fire towards the three Sith soldiers that were trying to take him out. He fired as quickly as he could using his trusty old WESTAR-34s. The red-orange blaster bolts went flying towards the group of Soldiers and all except for one missed, yet the one that hit wasn't lethal. It merely grazed the side of the left-most soldier's arm. That was, of course, definitely all part of Caburs plan. He would keep the soldiers pinned down in an attempt to keep them distracted and make it seem like the rest of the defenders could focus on other targets than him, since the small group was already taking care of him.

When Cabur reached the next rock he stopped to take cover again. He waited for the blaster bolts to start hitting again, but none came. Curious, the Mando poked up his head and what he saw made him awe-struck. A man of metal was walking -walking- towards the base without any cover, just taking blaster bolt after blaster bolt.

The sight stunned Cabur for a few moments. Everywhere there were explosions, blaster fire and lightsabres being waved around and that guy was just casually walking towards the base. However, after a few moments of amazed on-looking reality started to seep back in and Cabur noticed the group of soldiers that had been shooting at him were now shooting at the metal-man -no- the Metal-Machine! So he took advantage of the situation and aimed his shots properly, firing four off in quick succession, killing two, missing, then finishing off the last.

He looked around, every other soldier in his vicinity seemed to be distracted in one way or another. It was his chance. The Mandalorian quickly sprinted as far as he could and then used his jet-pack to make quick successive jumps to propel himself even further, though he tried to keep his trajectory as close to the ground as possible, never rising above a metre from the ground.

When he finally arrived near the Metal-Machine's position, he overheard him asking if he could be directed to an officer so he could get in touch with the higher-ups? What? But why would they be firin- Ooooh, it clicked in Cabur's mind. This was all a plan to deceive the Troopers into believing he was on their side. Brilliant! Confident he could do the same and hoping he could help the Metal-Machine in his endeavour, Cabur walked up to the same group of soldiers.

"Yes, troopers, we were separated from our squad whilst slaughtering the enemies of our glorious organisation and really need to catch up so we can keep these dastardly invaders from ruining our great moment of victory!" He said, winking at the Metal-Machine. Through the blackened visor of his helmet. That definitely allowed for his expressions to be seen. Definitely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxAYSSHqiaE​

Nearby: [member="Thresh Sken"] | [member="Samka Derith"] | [member="Kierel"] | [member="Vustia"] | [member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Doc"] | [member="Daxton Bane"] | [member="Nomar"] | [member="Darth Abyss"] | [member="Jude Falkrowe"] | [member="Matsu Xiangu"]

Wolf's eyes studied [member="Samka Derith"] as she gave her parting speech, revealing to them her life and background. Such words were not spoken flippantly. She was very much aware of what could be coming next. He looked to the ground as he contemplated they could be meeting their end. He simply gave Samka a nod of understanding, before looking back outside the shuttle. This indeed could be it, their last struggle, the final chapter in the short stories of their lives. And oh what adrenalin it resulted in, unhooking and gripping his lightsaber hilt tightly as they neared the Omega station. His muscles flexed with anticipation, his heart beating faster as the hangar neared. There was no telling what they might encounter, but Wolf could sense a number of presences awaiting their arrival. His face remained emotionless as he saw squadrons of stormtroopers assembled to greet them. The beat of the drums. Can you hear them?

His cold gaze fell over [member="Vustia"] and [member="Kierel"] who had spoken, remaining silent. The stormtrooper spoke well of the stakes, the consequences of their failure and the lives that were depending on them. Those who sacrificed for the First Order would not go unrewarded. Those who risked their lives in its service would not go unprotected. They would not be wasted. Wolf remained silent, moving to the shuttle bay door to ready himself for combat. The stormtrooper's words had stoked even more the flames that were already burning within him, though he would not admit that with his expressions or demeanour.

The hangar was enveloped in light as their shuttle fired its laser cannons at the enemies before them, managing to take out a fair few of these so-called stormtroopers upon arrival. The Knight of Ren closed his eyes as the shuttle landed, his mind readying itself for combat. His breaths became slower and more relaxed, calling upon the Force to calm his mind. Adrenalin surged through his body. Fear at what was to come was easily extinguished in the face of the gravity of the battle ahead, and the lives that depended on them. His expression resolute as he faced what was to come. With his fellow Knights of Ren, they would not be so easily overcome.

The shuttle bay doors opened. His eyes opened, his thumb flicking the ignition switch as his ancient lightsaber crackled to life, the unstable crimson blade of Kylo Ren snarling and spitting. He was greeted by a squadron of stormtroopers in the large hangar. They began to open fire immediately, and the tall man leapt down the ramp to meet them. The Dark Side raged through his muscles as his blade swept around him in arcs and weaves, deflecting the oncoming blaster fire. His lightsaber cut through plastoid armour and flesh like a knife through butter, dispatching one and then another, and then another. He growled as he felt a burning sensation on the surface of his shoulder, a stray bolt singing him and whipping past his ear. Wolf grimaced, before darting towards the next group of stormtroopers, his voice loud and austere as he raised the anthem of his Order.

"FOR THE SUPREME LEADER."

His lightsaber came around in an arc as he sliced through the next trooper's torso, and then the next, his motions a blur of black and crimson. His lightsaber sizzled and howled as it cut through flesh and bone. With [member="Thresh Sken"] and [member="Samka Derith"] by his side, he felt reassured that they would not be overwhelmed. And in the midst of the troopers, they could not be barraged with an unbearable amount of blaster fire, the troopers fearing to hit one of their own. Even in these dire circumstances, there was still an enjoyment to be found in the thrill of battle, the rush of combat. His heart felt like it would break out from his chest, his mind running in slow motion as the Force guided his movements and his senses to deflect blaster fire and dispatch his foes. If their enemy desired death, they would be given it.

Wolf's attention snapped back to the shuttle where [member="Kierel"] was as he heard the ignition of lightsabers. Sith. He smirked, his hand still moving his lightsaber around his body to deflect incoming blaster fire. He noticed Sken also heading back to the shuttle to face them. Wolf held his saber low, calling after them, "Turn and face me." He watched as the three Sith warriors turned from the shuttle to face him and [member="Thresh Sken"]. Masked and clad in black, their presence was ominous, intending to intimidate. Wolf brandished his blade, his steps turning into a charge as met one of them. He would leave the other to [member="Thresh Sken"] and [member="Vustia"], and hoped the other would be taken by [member="Samka Derith"] if she was not too caught up elsewhere.

Crimson on crimson. Sparks flew as their blades collided, Wolf staring into the unfeeling mask of his enemy. His enemy's strikes were wild and unpredictable, and Wolf found himself pushed back before the snarling Sith warrior. His enemy growled at him, "Fool! You are on the wrong side, Sith. You prefer to side with the Jedi than your own brothers?" Wolf faintly smiled as he began to grow used to the wild strikes, their unpredictability was an advantage as he struggled to parry each blow, his opponent's strength was impressive, but they were also sloppy and left openings. Wolf was no lightsaber master, his mind rather studying his opponent and searching for opportunities. He smirked as he spotted an opening in his side, and Wolf flicked his wrist to parry his opponent's blade to the right, before jabbing forward and burning through the side of the Sith's waist. His opponent howled.

"I am no Sith." His blade came around in an arc to separate his enemy's head from his shoulders. He panted as his blade remained out to one side. So far, so good. His left shoulder still burned from the blaster injury from before, but he was fortunate to not have suffered any injury from his bout with the Sith warrior. There were more of them where they came from however, though Wolf was confident that they could cut their way through the hangar. Now the real question was where they would go, and what direction they should take.

The Citadel

[member="Cole Dagos"] [member="Arla Balor"] [member="Cabur Aranar"]

Funky simply smirked. The two of them made a good couple. Love brought to fruition upon a battlefield, that was a song worth writing. He smirked, holding his spear as he gazed upon his enemies. A large number of them guarding the hangar. Well, kark that noise. This was the time to seek glory and mayhem. This was the time to dance across the red blossoms of war. This was the time for the writer to come up with new poetic allegories. He gave a warning to his allies. "Cover your ears"

But still, in spite of the elusiveness of poetry to a man possessed of littel rest and much wine, the focus of the grand dancer of Clan Balor was simple.

Hit them hard, fast, and louder than the Manda's roar.

So Funky rose the spear to his own head, as if sightign the enemy. His duty was simple. Distract them. And his weapon distracted them well. He drew in four lungs full of breath, and blew as hard as he could, the pipe throttling, the noise ecohooing through the hangar, deafening in its power, awe-inspiring in it's method.

The men, pointing their guns at him, seems surprised. What kind of maniac would blow on a horn when he was about to be fired upon? Then, it came to them. Like thunder power across the silence. Like a beast unchained, the call he had spent months aiming to manufacture. The roar of the mighty Mythosaur.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/zX3YcI7xNEI[/youtube]

The roar rang out, shaking the hangar itself. Funky opened fire with his ripper rifle, laughing. "Come and face a true monster, boys!" He bellowed, waiting for the other Mandalorians to press the advantage, as this short, squat maniac drew every ounce of attention to himself.

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
Objective: Meet the welcoming commitee
Allies: [member="Elpsis Elaris"]

And so their shuttle has ascended to the skies, leaving the half destroyed Citadel behind. Both being tired, and now that she realized Elpsis had one finger missing, Nima sighed, but didn't say anything. She wasn't particularly in good shape too, her face was a mess with a huge wound in the center, half stitched but red from the burns, her arms were full of little scars. But the important thing was no matter how badly wounded they were, they were still alive and they had a job to do. As they reached to enough heights and the blue and grey of the sky replaced by the empty space, she saw the ships waiting for them, dozens of them maybe. The wall of death, to be honest, as the emptiness of space started to get filled with lasers, creating a deadly light show. Luckily, Elpsis was proved to be a good pilot as she manuevered through the laser fire all the way to the hangars of the big ship, which she assumed where they were holding the superweapon. The journey towards the hangars was tough, flying through all the lasers, one or two hit them, everything started to loudly beep...

But then, Elpsis managed to enter the hangars, destroying the shields of it roughly, but the ship was in no condition to fly anymore as it started to slide until it crashed to somewhere. Holding tight not to fall to the ground, Nima prepared herself for an attack, slowly taking her stance, trying not to lose her balance. The ship stopped sliding as it crashed, taking out the most of the stormtroopers with it, some of them burned to death with the shuttle's own defences, some of them under the ship probably all their bones broken. Coughing because of the rough landing, but finally their feet standing on a solid ground, she looked at Elpsis who was already running towards the opening of the hatch, and temperature was rising around. Nima, at the same time, ran towards the exit and once she was in sight of the huge army awaiting for them, jumped and started to turn around herself, with each second her movement got quicker as she enhanced herself with the Force, her lightsaber creating a circle of death around her. The blaster fires reflected away from her as they touched her lightsaber, some of them hitting their own soldiers and killing them, and some of them hitting the roof of the ship aimlessly.

When she landed on one of the stormtroopers, her lightsaber cut the man in half with the speed she got and then she lashed out for another fast attack, not giving them any chance to recollect themselves as they had the advantage of numbers and regrouping would be problematic for the two.

Nearby: [member="Wolf"] [member="Thresh Sken"] [member="Kierel"] [member="Doc"] [member="Vustia"] [member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Nomar"] [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Jude Falkrowe"] [member="Matsu Xiangu"]

Her eyes met with those of [member="Wolf"] for the briefest of moments. A moment of mutual understanding. She could sense the enemy gathering to meet them in the hanger. The stunted but recognisable presence of many non-Force sensitives and the cry of the Dark Side telling her that Sith were among them.

As the landing sequence began, Sam turned wordlessly back to the cockpit to open the shuttle's doors. She leaned over the pilot's chair and glanced over the control panel. She was no pilot, she'd had no training in such things but she wondered... Letting the Force guide her, she grabbed a trigger on the right hand side of the panel and pulled. Green laser fire erupted from the shuttle and lit up the hanger. It was inaccurate but weaponry designed to take down pursuing fighters had enough fire power that it hardly mattered. One blast destroyed a make shift cover of storage crates the Sith Troopers had been hastily setting up. Another took down an elevated walkway where snipers were moving into position causing them all to drop over a dozen meters to the hanger floor. She smiled at the sight then shed her fluffy winter jacket, leaving it neatly on the back of the pilot's chair. She didn't expect to pick it up again but cleanliness was a habit. Now she was wearing her dark military style uniform, prepared for combat.

"Opening the doors, be ready!" She called to the others over her shoulder. Hearing the medic [member="Doc"] respond with military jargon, she flipped the switch. A hiss and burst of steam accompanied the shuttle ramp lowering followed by a volley of blaster bolts raining on their position. Most of them were deflected by the saber users at the doors but a few whizzed into the shuttle's exterior, harmless to the occupants due to their inaccuracy but leaving scorch marks across the shuttle's walls and ceilings. Sam grabbed her blade from her belt and ran to join the others.

Dashing past [member="Kierel"] and the other soldiers who were laying down covering fire, Sam could see Wolf was leading the charge, slicing through the enemy with apparent ease. He had indeed grown stronger since the last time she had seen him in combat. There was something odd about the weapon he was using too but she didn't have time to dwell on it. [member="Thresh Sken"] was bringing up the side, his double blade proving very useful at deflecting the many blaster bolts aimed at their position. Without another thought, Sam leaped alongside them, landing gracefully and igniting her crimson blade in midair. She used her natural talents in speed and agility to weave in and out behind her comrades, dodging blaster fire more than reflecting. It was like she was an illusion, never in one place for longer than a half second and never heading in the direction the Sith Stormtroopers expected her to go. Occasionally she would mix in a long range Force attack, a kinetic push to knock them to the floor, a pull to drag a far off foe to her and impale the helpless Trooper on her blade or a sudden wave of lightning sending a few troopers withering to the ground in pain. More often than not though she would close the distance herself with acrobatic flips and rolls ending with a slice through vital points, usually the neck.

As she sliced through a temporary barricade built by the Sith forces, a familiar sound came from behind. That of lightsaber meeting lightsaber. Quickly blasting the small squad of three Sith Troopers attempting to take cover behind the barricade with bolts of lightning, Sam turned to see her fellow Ren engaging a group of masked Sith near the shuttle. With another leap and dash, she moved to intercept them.

"Now, now," Sam scolded one of the Sith who had moved to strike Wolf from behind while the Knight of Ren was preoccupied, instead she had intercepted his blade with her own. "You can't leave me out of this dance, can you? He's already taken."

A kinetic blast from the Sith knocked Sam back several meters, her light weight often left her vulnerable to such manoeuvres but her acrobatic flexibility meant she could usually stay on her feet. A bolt of lightning followed afterwards but she lazily blocked it with her lightsaber. "Surely you can do better than that," Samka raised an eyebrow to show just how unimpressed with the Sith's follow up attack she was, hoping to goad her opponent into a clumsy attack.

It worked.

The Sith jumped at her, bringing his lightsaber down overhead aiming to slice her from head to toe. She rolled beneath and slightly to the left side of the attack, cutting her attacker's ankle. Her opponent collapsed to floor, unable to stand properly after taking such a wound yet he still defended himself. Staggered swipes aimed at her position causing the young girl to speedily parry the violent attacks, then she countered. Swiftly sidestepping but bringing her lightsaber upwards, Sam severed the Sith's hand from his arm then in the same stroke sliced him across the face. His mask broke off and a messy sight awaited her. The Sith was human but his mouth was stitched together. Perhaps this one had made too much noise and Darth Molior had seen fit to permanently silence him or maybe he was fanatical enough that he did it himself to prove to the Sith Lady that he would not speak to bother her and thus survive the incoming purge. Sam was not in a place to say. There was something else to take care of first.

Her opponent was still alive, shivering in pain on the floor. Ankle torn, hand gone and face sliced open. Samka knelt besides him and stretched her shoulder. She'd been injured on the journey through the Sith Academy and while the medic had done what he could in relieving the pain, it still felt damaged. There was a better way now. Red and orange beams of energy erupted from her finger tips and began to cover every inch of the dying man. She drained the remaining life from him, greedily absorbing his life energy to heal her own. Before long her shoulder was refreshed, as good as it had ever been, while the Sith was left a shrivelled husk on the ground. His skin gaunt, hair white and muscles deflated. The teenage Ren licked her fingers as though enjoying a filling meal and merrily skipped over her victim. Now she was ready to aid the others if they needed it.

"Everyone gets everything he wants.
I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.
Brought it up to me like room service. It was a real choice mission, and when it was over,
I never wanted another."
-Apocalypse Now
omegabanner_zpshwid4ylb.png
The Omega

"What is the target, Lady?"

Kith didn't respond right away.

She knew that it would take time to factor in the interstellar coordinates. While the Omega was charging, the crew would be working feverishly. Firing the Omega out of system was not a casual, last minute decision. It was the culmination of years of secrecy and work. Destroying ships with it? That was a child's game.

The Sith Lord rarely felt any inklings of emotion, but that was enough to earn a flicker of anger from her. To use the Omega like a toy.

Kith already knew what world they would target. She had decided that long ago. There was only one place to begin- one place that embodied everything she so detested about this Galaxy. The ravenous cacophony of life, the grinding, grating hell of bodies and duracrete. Miserable place filled with miserable souls.

"My lady? The target?"

Very slowly, a smile curled on her pale lips. Yes. The target.

"Coruscant."

Though her voice was quiet, it seemed to echo through the entire control room.

"We will fire on Coruscant."

The Hangars
[member="Tiland Kortun"] [member="Thoja Arlos"] [member="Xiarr Sair"] [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Zark"] [member="Bryce Bantam"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Zonia Kalranoos"] [member="Arisa Yune"] [member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Choli Vyn"] [member="Kira Vaal"] [member="Galen Adina"] [member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Macharius Solaire"] [member="Claire Ouron"] [member="Riven Black"] [member="Jaster Starfallen"] [member="Solan Charr"] [member="Raeya Papanoida"] [member="Karen Roberts"] @Maeriala Lavellan [member="Viktoria Kess"] [member="Jakkor Kess"] @Lucien [member="RC-506 Lock"] [member="Jatt Cath"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Ra Vizsla"] [member="Rhan Komo"] [member="Lyth Meran"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Ronan Vizsla"] [member="Nara Basaar"] [member="Werah Unon"] [member="Drogh"] [member="Cole Dagos"] [member="Arla Balor"] [member="Dean Letham"] [member="Funky Balor"] [member="Nima Tann"] [member="Elpsis Elaris"] [member="Charlyra Araano"] [member="Doc"] [member="Vustia"] [member="Samka Derith"] [member="Matsu Xiangu"] [member="Wolf"] [member="Thresh Sken"] [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Kierel"] [member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Jude Falkrowe"][member="Nomar"]

The hangars were filled with ships and shipping crates. The storm troopers would take advantage of cover to rain red fire down on the interlopers, but they also offered cover to those they fought.

The Sith amoung them fought like zealots- full of passion and an utter belief in their cause. In some, it made them sloppy- the strength of their belief fueling the assumption that because of it, they could not lose. In some, it made them stronger- the utter conviction that they must win this day at all costs spurning them to heights of skill they had only dreamed of before.

But the overwhelming desire to SURVIVE would wash across and engulf the desire to destroy. While the defenders were fighting for faith, those who had come to the Omega were fighting for survival.

The hangars exited in to the Omega at different points. Some of the interlopers had hints as to where to go and why. But many of them were searching blindly for their quarry. And indeed, what was their quarry? A way to disable the Omega, in attempt to keep it for their own? A way to destroy the Omega? Or did they seek those behind the Omega?

The ship was enormous. Once free of their Hangars, what would they do? Simply searching the ship randomly would take weeks. And time was not a luxury they possessed.

Vustia

Bipolar Sith. What could go wrong.
"This is it! I don't know about you guys but I'm taking this thing down and nothing is gonna get in my way!" Vustia's goal was to destroy the Omega, even at the cost of her own life.

She sliced through some troopers with ease and sprinted down to the doorway. Then she stopped. She couldn't do this on her own, she had talked all about teamwork and working together yet she decided to run off?

"Okay, second thoughts. Not having you guys is gonna get in my way" Vustia motioned for them to come over to where she was, still fighting off some troopers.

[member="Samka Derith"] [member="Wolf"] [member="Thresh Sken"] [member="Kierel"] [member="Doc"] [member="Darth Ophidia"]

Allies: Team Light Side
Objective: Lead Reinforcement Party

"Landing in two!" Arix called over his shoulder from the cockpit of the stolen Sith dropship, "Assuming we don't explode first!"

Behind him, Captain Zark Pulsar and the Galactic Alliance special forces squad were checking over their gear one final time. When the freed slave army led by several Silver Jedi, Karen Roberts and others had stormed Pollux Air Base, the troopers had joined in the assault. To hear them tell it, they had single handedly taken down one of the heavy weapons towers that would have made brutal work of many slaves had they not been there. Zark had no reason to doubt them, they were too professional to exaggerate too much, but he and his Padawan had not been there. With the help over several other Jedi, they had drawn the Sith that had landed at the Air Base out away from the assault, and had circled back after the airfield was all but taken. The first wave of ships had already taken off for Omega in a desperate final assault, but the soldiers had secured a dropship for their use and held it for the two Jedi had finally arrived.

Now the cyborg third officer of the Rebel's Hope was doing his best to avoid getting them all killed by either a stray starfighter or in a hail of point defense fire. Trying not to think about how helpless he was to determine their fate until they landed, the Captain took stock of the situation around him. None of the troopers had been injured too severely, a few nasty grazes and minor flesh wounds here and there, but they were all upright, capable, and in no danger of dying before this was all over and they were either all dead or could get to a friendly ship for medical attention. Zark was more concerned with his own status. Physically, the Galactic Alliance officer was fine, but Zark had been long out of practice with the kind of heavy duty Force slinging he had been throwing around down on the surface. He had even taken down a Sith gunship with a hurled excavator, a feat that would have daunted him even in his prime. The Knight seriously doubted he could draw up much more within him so soon, yet an awful feeling in the back of his mind told him that he might be called upon again regardless.

"Brace brace brace! Touchdown in three...two..."

Arix's robotic voice was drowned out as the dropship landed hard on the hangar deck and skidded a few meters. They had passed through the shielding and into atmosphere, and the roaring sounds of chaos could be heard just outside the hull. The Captain moved to the back of the dropship and with a snap-hiss his yellow lightsaber erupted to life, "Stay behind me."

The hatch blew open, and before they could even start moving a hail of Sith blaster fire peppered the opening in the dropship. Zark's arms were moving before his conscious mind was even fully aware what they were doing, and his lightsaber was a blur in front of him as he deflected the fire that threatened him and his men. Seconds later Arix was beside him, and where there had been one yellow saber now there were two working in uncanny sync. Slowly the two Jedi advanced out of the ship, and the squad of soldiers followed crouching behind, quickly spreading out to find more traditional cover as soon as they were able. All around them stormtrooper corpses lay scattered, the first wave of Jedi had evidently done more than their fair share in clearing the hangar bay so far. Saber in his right hand, HBS-01 heavy blaster pistol out of its holster and in his left, Zark set about doing his part to finish the job.

"I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

- Bhagavad Gita

Allies: [member="Nima Tann"]

Violence raged across the hangar. The hall was bathed in flames, the air was filled with the staccato of blaster bolts, brilliant explosions erupted, lives were extinguished. Hellfire rained down upon the attackers as the stormtroopers and their Sith masters fought with fanatical zeal. Their passion burnt as strongly as dozens of stars, their fury was so strong that it could be felt.

Each and everyone of them knew that they must win this day. They would stand victorious or be exterminated. Either way, they would make the Galaxy burn. This absolute certainty spurred them as on, as did the faith they had in their Dark Lady, or their fear. The wreckers and sloths, the cowards had long been purged. Here on Omega, only zealots remained.

Elpsis Elaris had faith as well. Faith in something far greater than her. It transcended the Firemane and the Order. This faith gave her comfort in this dark hour, it spurred her to fight on though her body was tired and ached, even when stims failed her. Somewhere out there, there was a higher power shielding her and a realm of peace where her sins were forgiven. It was a certainty that could not be explained, only experienced and believed in. Sometimes, faith could move mountains.

Outwardly, Elpsis was on fire. He eyes glowed, her firemane seemed ablaze and her hands spat flames. But inwardly, she was...serene. More than she could ever remember being. Heat flooded the heavy blasters of several guards, until the tibanna gas inside them ignited.

Her lightsabre, the emblematic weapon of Jedi and Sith though she was neither, glowed with a burning orange light as she clove through stormtroopers, opening them up as if they were white plastoid containers. A fireball tossed at an attacking Sith Knight was dissipated by the minion of darkness and a powerful kinetic blast impacted upon. Ouch. White hot pain flooded her, her command over the Force was suppressed when the Dark Knight enveloped her in his something aura.

Without the Force, she had no shield against her empathy. All the rage, pain and fury slammed into her mind with the force of a freight tram and knocked her over. It hurt...but the Sith also had no shield against the onslaught of her emotions and thus they would be flooded.

There was a roar when her wrist bolter fired. The explosive bolt sliced through his knee, the second through his chest: Collapsed lung. Limping, the redhead approached the Sith, kicking his sabre away and digging her boot into his wounded knee. The damn station was bloody huge. "We gotta find out how to blow this thing and where to go," she growled. "Can you take a look in this arsehole's brain?" He had a few minutes left, after all!

Matreya

Damien flipped and twirled, dipped and swirled his lightsaber. Every action a perfectly marked, and placed, return of blaster bolts that otherwise would have hit him. Were he another, were he less than he is. It wasn't a cocky thing to feel, though some viewed it that way. Strictly speaking the times had allowed him to be this way: he has survived as a Mandalorian for millennia in the shadows, had survived being Emperor Voracitos' First Apprentice, held the title of CZAR, and so much more in his life. He was a dangerous opponent. Especially as he recognised his own mortality, and accepted it rather than fight it.

Halting his walk, Damien let his vision flare lavender as he began to Force Walk. Immediately a hand rose to gesture at a nearby crate. His power did not waste in an attempt to lift it, carrying its weight and the like. No, Valashu could likely do that a thousand times over and never tire. But he would after just a few: telekinesis is not his forte. Though it was an ability he possessed. Thus did the massive crate slide swiftly across the ground, mowing into those in its path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom