Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apocalypse Now​ (DM story)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoja Arlos

Grand Marshal Contemplation
Objective, Secure the Omega for destruction
Equipment: Wraith Class Stealth Armour MK2, Eclipse Assault Rifle, Obsidian Combat Knife, Oblivion Semi Automatic Pistol

Thoja sat in the shuttle, checking over his arms and armour. The shuttle had been sent after he and [member="Lark"] had taken the final control tower. They'd freed the slaves, but more importantly, Lark had shown some loyalty. If not for him, Thoja might not have been able to get this far, and after he'd almost died at the hands of a guard, he saw Lark in a different light.

"I never thanked you for killing that guard." He said through his helmet. "Don't know if I'd have made it if not for that..." He paused, looking up from his rifle. "Do you know anything about the Omega? Anything that could help us destroy it?"

The Omega
The Citadel Group
Fighting out of the Hangar/trying to find a way to the Bridge.

Allies: [member="Dean Letham"] [member="Funky Balor"] [member="Arla Balor"]

Enemy: [member="Kith Verloren"]

Cole heard the yell to cover his ears and did so not sure who or what was going on be it was about like someone yelling grenade. You just instinctively did it. Of course he quickly found out what a good idea that was as the deafening sound was released and even better distracted a good portion of the remaining defenders.

Cole took advantage of their distracting moving from his covered position and firing at the enemy pushing his way towards the exit. Along the way a zealous Sith took a swing at him that Cole leaned back away from semi crouched and lunged planting his shoulder into the Sith's stomach spearing the man to the ground which he followed up with several quick and hard forearms to the man's face and then a round through the man's eye.

Cole staggered to his feet at the door looking around for any signs or markings. He turned to hopefully Arla at his side.

"There has got to be something around here to point us in the right direction...................right." "You got any ideas?" "Turn the wrong way and we may never find the Bridge............if we can get to the bridge we should be able to shut everything down from there."

Nearby: Everyone

The ship landed with a thud. It's so loud. The laser fire and the distant boom of the guns make practically everything inaudible. The doors slowly open into a sea of people and lasers. The gargantuan hangar appear, and it's scale was amazing. I've never seen anything so big except on Coruscant. Troops pour out the sides, and I join the crowd. I run to the front lines, eager to put my skills to use. I see a familiar figures everywhere, heroes of the factions, friends from other places. Good to know I'm not alone against these crazy sith.

Blaster fire erupts in my direction. I react quickly and slide. There's a large metal sheet in front of me and I slam into it. "Ow. My shoulder." I turn and see the face of a young soldier. He's terrified. "Hey, kiddo, you'll be fine." There are a handful of soldiers here, hunkered down, pinned by superior numbers. These people need leadership. I peek over the sheet and see squads of enemies everywhere. A sniper could be picking anyone off with this type of space. But I have a plan.

"Ok, I need you guys to create a wall of blaster fire. Ok? A WALL. Don't stop shooting until I get close to the enemy. Got it?" They don't say anything. "GOT IT?" I yell, trying to shake them out of their trance.

"Uhh, um, ye-ye-ye yes sir!" The boy next to me says.

"Good. Do it."

The four soldiers pop up and say down fire, shooting a seemingly endless stream of sizzling lasers and plasma. I wait for a second for the troopers in their feild of fire to get down. They all do, they probably have no idea what came over their enemies. I sprint across the open ground heading for the enemy's little bunker. It's made out of the sheet metal and built like a square. It's got a ledge to rest your gun and a roof too. Not too shabby. They must have created it when they thought we might be coming. Too bad I might blow it up. I slam into the wall at full force and catch my breath. As I stop for a breather I feel the burns of lasers on my skin. I must have taken a hit or two while running. Back to the plan, no time for weakness. I toss a grenade in the bunker and wait for it to blow.

BOOM! It goes off and I vault over the bunker's ledge and hit the ground running. And shooting. A few troopers are still standing, and I cut them down easily. They weren't prepared for my breach. Not ready for true combat eh? I peek over the ledge back to friendly forces. I beckon them over to the safer position I've acquired.

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Objective: I'm honestly just winging it at this point
Allies: [member="Thoja Arlos"]

"You needn't thank me," Lark said. "You did the same for me without even realizing it more times than I can count. I wouldn't have made it through that hell on my own. I should thank you and your allies for helping free all of us. I'm happy to repay the favor in any way I can."

Lark turned and faced the Omega wistfully. He didn't have to keep up the act much longer, but this was the most dangerous part. Once he made his move, he'd be alone up here. He tried to hide the excitement, the anticipation he felt, instead replacing it with a bit of fear, nervousness. But oh, it was so hard. As he got closer he could truly appreciate what a beautiful, magnificent creation it was.

Lark didn't know what would happen once he betrayed the Jedi. It would be hard for them to find him, considering he didn't exist on any public records. But no matter what happened, Lark had said at least one truthful thing in his short time with the Jedi.

"I have no idea how to destroy it."

Thoja Arlos

Grand Marshal Contemplation
Objective, Secure the Omega for destruction
Equipment: Wraith Class Stealth Armour MK2, Eclipse Assault Rifle, Obsidian Combat Knife, Oblivion Semi Automatic Pistol

Thoja nods, before reaching over to the shelf just above him. From it, he removed a comlink, brand new and ready for use.

"My guess? Explosions planted in the main reactor would do the trick." He said, before handing [member="Lark"] the comlink. "If we get split, radio me on this and I'll try and find you." He'd then from his seat and go to the cockpit. "ETA?"

"1 minute Grand Marshal, are you performing a combat drop?"

"It's the best way, keep on this frequency, I'll radio for extraction once the charges are set."

"Roger, good luck Sir."

Thoja would walk back into the seating area, sitting closer to the door this time.

"You ever do a combat drop? Probably not. Just hold on tight and wait for my signal."

Objective: Destroy Omega before it fires
Allies: [member="Jakkor Kess"] [member="Viktoria Kess"] [member="RC-506 Lock"]

Xiarr continued to spill more blood to reach [member="Matsu Ike"], he cut through the stormtroopers like butter, deflecting blaster bolts back at the stormtroopers that took cover behind the shipping crates. Suddenly a volley of shots came from behind Xiarr, hitting some stormtroopers. Xiarr looked behind him to see soldiers in a wall formation, they finally had some backup of their own. Xiarr then continued to make his way master Iku, cutting down anyone that stood in his way.

Objective:Giving covering fire for his allies
Allies: [member="Jakkor Kess"] [member="Viktoria Kess"] [member="Xiarr Sair"]
Lock quickly makes his way to cover seeing all the blaster bots flying around everywhere. Lock look down at his DC-17m check his ammo count see that he had full set "This sure does bring back memories reminds me of my Rc mission back in the day" Lock would think to himself. Lock began place sniper attachment onto his DC-17m after finish put the attachment on. Lock slowly poke his head out of his cover moving his blaster up laying onto his cover. Lock look into his scope slowly take his time take out stormtroopers that were trying to ambush Xiarr and Jakkor giving them covering firing to advance to the shuttles.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Allies: [member="Karen Roberts"] [member="Xiarr Sair"] [member="Viktoria Kess"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Claire Ouron"]

There were more jedi and this place was massive, even with tracking and navigation to sense for directions she was unsure of where she was running to as her feet were moving and the drones she had released to work in the vents linked up to get from the droids that were released by the first strike teams into the hanger. Cathbodua had worked hard to send many of the things out while she had been in there working with Jericho. She sent the force out to go down the pathway while she was heading for where the flow of energy was coming from as she shifted her senses to track the electrical impulses from the main power core. It would be dangerous and something massive but there was sure to be a way to disable and damage the firing system of the Omega.

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
Objective: Find who's behind all this.
Allies: [member="Elpsis Elaris"]

For each enemy they killed, it seemed like two were replacing. But they were in the ship, the superweapon was almost in their grasp to destroy. This pushed her to fight, fight and fight until they reached their destination. Her whole stance, the swinging of her lightsaber, defense, parry, dodge, evade... it all became a reflex at this point. She didn't even have the control, everything was happening by itself. But she wasn't the only one who was determined to reach to the destination, her enemies were pushed by some force as well. This whole violence was changing the aura to a dark, almost choking presence. And for some reason, she liked the change. It gave her a sense of strength, as she sent another swing towards one of the stormtroopers, cutting him in half. A Sith marauder replaced the stormtrooper, throwing her saber towards Nima which she reflexively put her saber between her body and the saber coming towards her way. The saber returned to the owner and then the Sith jumped towards her ready for an attack.

Nima sent out a strong Force Push towards the woman, as she was exposed to the telekinesis blinded by her aggression. As the attack hit her, she was pushed back violently, almost flying before she crashed to the ship's cargo, also taking away some of the cover that the enemies could use. As the marauder got up, regaining her balance, she lashed out to her again. Nima was ready as well, as their sabers clashed with each other, she pushed her stance towards her, playing the dominance game. The one who won the dominance game would have a good advantage over another, and luckily Nima was a good duelist, and she won it by getting the marauder's saber away from her, getting herself an opening. Then, she Force Push'ed towards her chest, from this close it would break some bones. And it did, she could even hear the voice of broken bones from here. The marauder backed away, then reached out to her throat with invisible hands, choking her. Coughing, coughing and coughing, Nima tried to find oxygen, her body moved by itself to free itself from an invisible attacker. Gasping for air, she closed her eyes and concentrated around herself.

A cargo full of heavy metals... That would work. She reached out to the huge box, it was difficult to concentrate but she had to. The box started to ascend, and move towards her attacker. Steady, steady... Steady... And drop! The cargo hit the ground hard with the weight of the metals, crashing directly to the marauder's head and with the speed it got, it managed to make her head bleed. Surprised by the huge cargo hitting her, she dropped Nima, as Nima breathed all the air, happy to find oxygen, gasping and coughing. Then it was her time to act. Pulling herself together, she jumped, as the marauder still in shock of what happened she took her life with one clean swing. Then she heard Elpsis's voice, calling her. She moved towards her, from cover to cover since she was too tired to fight her way through. Arriving close to her, she looked at the wounded Sith, it didn't look like he had so much time to live. Nodding to Elpsis's request, she moved towards the Sith. Then turned to Elpsis.

"Elpsis, cover me." Then she reached out to the man's mind. It was not that difficult in the state he was in, the pain was opening the door for her easily. "You can't... find anything... I won't... let you..." The Sith talked. Then Nima fired her mental catapults more, each shot breaking some of the castle as the man shouted in pain. "I don't need permission." It was a messy scene, she didn't like it herself, but it was necessary. With the one last push towards the castle, one of its walls finally broke, giving her a chance to enter his mind. And she took that chance. The Sith started shaking, as she wandered through her memories to the info she needed. It hurt her as much as it hurt the Sith, but she was managing it. Then, she found something. A Sith Lord, Omega. First she pushed to find more about the Omega, being a random enemy, he didn't know that much, but it's firepower and destruction. Then, she looked at this Sith Lord, from his most recent memory, it seemed there was a woman, a Sith Lord, named Darth Molior. She seemed to be in charge with the Omega, as she saw her ordering the first firing of the superweapon. She pushed to find something... anything, about this Sith's whereabouts, knowing that it would be a good start for them to investigate. And the information flew to her mind. Some kind of a control room, where to go, her voice... A presence.... She then opened her eyes with a sigh of pain. The man was dead. And there was no trace of where Kith was... Shame.

"No info about the superweapon, but I got us some lead." She said, finally, her voice was as monotone as a robot since it was a tiring experience. "There's a Sith named Darth Molior. She's the one who gave the order for the Omega to fire. Don't know where she is, but I saw some kind of a control room... Maybe it can help us track her. I think I know the way." She said, then pushed herself from the ground to move on. "Let's go."

Objective: Purge
Allies: [member="Nima Tann"]

Elpsis could feel the ripples in the Force when Nima forcibly entered the mind of the dying Sith. She could feel the man's agony while the Twi'lek pulled the knowledge from his memories while he slowly crossed over into Death's realm. She winced visibly, but focused on providing cover. What was happening reminded her more than a little of how her father had treated her. He had sought to break her mind in order to rebuild it and mould it into a reflection of his. Then made her watch while he tormented others. However, Xerexes had been a psychotic sadist. By contrast, this Sith was willingly serving a world-destroying cult of lunatics.

By the time Nima was done, he was dead. Good riddance. "Ok. Let's get out of here and kill the queen." Easier said than done. Welcome to the Firemane Suicide Squad. Just needs a few more members, but no one is gonna put bombs in your heads. "You know the way? Cool."

There was a corridor leading out of the hangar. Almost as soon as Elpsis began to make her way through it, she was greeted with hellfire as blasters spat out crimson bolts. "Geez, how many mooks does she have?" she exclaimed rhetorically. Sith troopers, armoured in fashionable white plastoid that used to be all the rage back in the day, fired volleys at intruders.

Their auras reflected fanaticism and devotion to their Dark Lady. She brought up her bolter and fired as a Sith marauder charged. Unfortunately for the Sith, the explosive bolt was not an ordinary bullet and so it blew up in her face when the Zabrak tried to slice through it with her sabre. Boom. When the smoke cleared, she was missing a leg her right arm was a mutilated mess.

Two stormtroopers were a crumpled mess, dead. Howling in pain the Sith unleashed a scream of pure, unadulteratred hatred. Elpsis was hit by the shockwave, her ears were ringing and blood seeped out of them. Slowly she arose, breathing heavily. Two Sith soldiers charged her and she dodged under the cut of a vibrosword. It was too close to fire an explosive round, so instead she thrust the bolter's bayonet into a trooper's neck, piercing it since it lacked the heavier armour plating. The other trooper sliced his blade into the red-maned warrior's shoulder, striking at a vulnerable weak point in the armour. Elpsis dropped the gun with a cry of pain, but rammed her boot into the soldier's solar plexus. Heat flooded his arteries, his head connected with the wall and impact broke his jaw.

Allies: [member="Funky Balor"] [member="Cole Dagos"] [member="Dean Letham"]

The enemy was everywhere, Arla dove from the ramps of the ship to the cover of several large crates, pearing around them she began firing where she could when they popped up. They had to of been expecting them. Well of course..

She looked about. "Ok the heaviest concentration of troopers, over there, and there, and there" Arla pointed each time, "I'd way those are the way points into the Omega. We have to get through them one of them" She looked up at Funky who was singing, he was a bard after all.

"We need.." She had two left and that was it, she also had one, no she felt around two grenades left. After that it was only her weapon and her, and her Vod. She looked at the Sith and what they were using.

"So," She looked at the crates, "So, what's in these?" Crates could contain anything, and on the hangar that too could be anything.

Arla began looking at the labeling, then she smiled, pulling the top of the crate it was filled with power packs, and what happen to power packs when heated they became flammable so all they needed was a delivery system, and to choose a direction.

Pallet jack..nice...Arla began pushing the crate to the pallet jack shoving it onto the fork. Ok..now she aimed towards the concentration of troops. she looked at Cole, "what ever happens...you owe me a drink" She revved it up pushing the throttle full forward and zipped out into the open she only needed to aim it....she pulled her grenade, blaster fire rained in on her, the armor took several hits when she was close enough she pulled the pin, tossed it into the crate and jumped off rolling and praying it would clear out the sith blocking the way.

ALLIES: [member="Jude Falkrowe"]
ENEMIES: Rogue Sith

They came in what seemed unending numbers, a tide of black and sickly green that proved the Omega’s goal of intimidation was easily met. Matsu was reminded of her younger days when she had worked for the Beast Hunter’s Guild, back when she hadn’t had an endless flow of cash from illicit underworld deals or friends in high places. Back then she’d learned it was best not to show even a hint of apprehension in the face of a predator - looking them directly in the eye was a challenge, but holding that gaze was often what saved her life. So when the massive hive of troopers came marching in perfect synchronicity to check the hangar, Matsu straightened her spine and moved out in to the stream as if she were meant to be within its flow. She kept close to Jay Sort Of, a buoy in choppy seas.

“They’ll find us out eventually,” she said quietly. “I want whoever is responsible for this thing,” she said, still riding the high of whatever lust had overtaken her down on the surface. She realized now that she had been wrong all along - whatever malice crept down in the Academy’s halls was nothing compared to the hatred that oozed from the very fabric of the superweapon. She craved to stand in its presence, to absorb its power from the well. But Jay Sort Of may have had different plans - he may want something else entirely. It was strange to think that in the space of half an hour, perhaps slightly longer, they’d fallen in to a partnership of necessity...survival. And now they stood at a metaphorical crossroads.

The rush of troopers they’d fallen in with found battle, a group of invading Jedi crossing blades to their blasters. It was the moment they could use to peel away, make their retreat look more like being pressed back by the enemy, and so Matsu did. At first she appeared to be fighting, pulling a blaster off the corpse of a downed trooper and taking shots at ‘invaders’. Back and back, and back...she looked to Jay just before she moved down a corridor that seemed less trafficked. She wanted something central - either a main deck or the very center of the warmachine. Trouble was, the place didn’t exactly have maps with ‘you are here’ stickers. So she needed to get her bearings...

Objective: Protect Cat
Allies: @Cathbodua

It did not take long for the warrior to catch up to his training partner after the little match up with the large sith. He strode calmly, through the battle ridden walls of the Omega ship. As he came across the young Jedi knight, he gave her a nod. "Right. I'll watch your back, young one." The warrior calmly stated as he waved his hand for her to lead the way.

Allies: [member="Matsu Xiangu"] ; [member="Wolf"] ;[member="Samka Derith"]; @CT-47B; First Order
Enemies: Rogue Sith

The two's confident stride was interrupted when the hangar became a battlefield and the duo stuck in the middle between the guardians of the Omega and the newly arrived ships that came out with all guns blazing. Ducking down behind cover as all out war suddenly occured, he did as Matsu did. Acted the part. Taking a blaster pistol from the ground of a fallen soldier, he shot back and noticed familiar armor. First Order stormies and...the Knights of Ren. They had all arrived just a few minutes after Matsu and him. He had no business with them, yet.

"They’ll find us out eventually, I want whoever is responsible for this thing.”

The final phrase of her sentence rang in his head numerous times as it brought him back to the true reality. For some odd reason, perhaps a chemistry in their works as mentalists through the depths of the Academy and reaching the Omega, he had slightly diverted from thinking too deeply. A bad mistake for an intelligence operative. His head should always have been above the water. It was her last phrase that he felt a certain dose of craving within and logically assessed the situation. The First Order was here, his actual allies were here, what stopped him from ditching the woman here and now. It would be probably for the best. The possible appearance of a crossroad between them had popped up just after he had felt her hungry presence.

Not yet.

He told himself and forced himself to believe the time was still not right but deep inside Jude had the feeling that the time for a decision would very soon arrive. Reluctant to think more about this, the agent waved those thoughts away for now and focused on the absolute now.

"I need a terminal. Now." The agent jumped out of cover and assumed Matsu would follow as both made their way out of the hangar as simple workers on Omega running away from the chaos that was ensuing in the hangars. He scanned as quickly as possible for a door for maintenance support in the hangar. His eyes fell upon it immediately and with a dash towards it, Jude slammed open the door. It slid open and entering it, allegedlywith Matsu. He would lock the door behind them and proceed down the corridor.

Jude's fast paced walk down the corridor with the shatter pistol in his hand in a center axis relock was proof that he had dropped away from any disguise. The time for stealth was useless in the maintenance corridors where mostly droids and technicians would use rather than army personnel. He needed to dispatch anything that stood in his way. Time was running out.

Right ahead. A terminal.

"Cover me from anything." Falkrowe would tell Matsu mentally if she had followed him. "I am going to slice this and upload the map of this whole thing to my datapad." The deed was not too complicated nor it took much time as the schematics of the Omega began uploading on his datapad. Slowly, more and more information revealed itself and his eyes immediately fell upon the two points of interest and use - the bridge and the reactor core which charged the weapon itself.

The next course of action was not a easy choice. At all. Sweat broke even more from his brow as he contemplated over what to do. The initial orders were to gather information as much as possible. That was what he was doing now, uploading technician's info from the terminal. A bigger problem loomed over everyone's head right now as a dark and deadly storm. It was no longer about professionalism, no longer about what you did but who you were as a person. Disabling the reactor, ending this whole menace for life or going for the bridge in an attempt to 'convert' it to the First Order. With such a weapon in hand, the First Order may bring order to the whole galaxy. End the endless wars that tore the galaxy constantly.

There was the third option, a follow-up of the second.

The Hydra was killed by cutting its heads off but not alone. Another one had to hold the torch to prevent the regrowth of the heads.

Jude's eyes fell upon Matsu.

Allies:[member="Wolf"] | [member="Thresh Sken"] | [member="Samka Derith"] | [member="Kierel"] | [member="Vustia"] | [member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Doc"] | [member="Daxton Bane"] | [member="Nomar"] | [member="Darth Abyss"] | [member="Jude Falkrowe"] | [member="Matsu Xiangu"]
Objective: Secure the Omega

CT-47B wandered through the hallways, following the white clad Stormtroopers that were like him, but not quite the same. Their helmets too flatheaded, the squads too disorderly, their panic and concern for their own lives being a clear separation in the quality of their men compared to their First Order cousins. He tracked them through the winding hallways of the Omega to the hangars where the First Order assault had began. Ducking into rooms or smacking down singular troopers with single powerful strikes of his vibrogauntlet blade whenever he risked discovery. As a path of shattered plastic helms and bloodied faces slowly built up behind him.

Eventually, CT-47B came across an officer, their use of a differently colored pauldron to indicate rank being a trend utilized within the ranks of the First Order, albeit for more muted colors. The officer had been redirecting troops to deal with the darksiders massacre of Rogue Sith forces in their hangar, and once they had passed CT-47B tried to follow, hoping that despite standing a 6,11 in his armor and being dressed in a style of armor that looked distinctly different to the Siths. That he might go unnoticed.

This of course failed.

CT-47B kicked the officers knee with the flat of his weighted foot, buckling it backwards as the officers head responsively fell low. Before he could call for help CT-47B's hand closed around his unprotected neck and squeezed. CT had noticed and immediately utilized the armors structural weakness as he lifted the officer off the ground and half carried, half threw the officer through the nearest doorway to prevent himself being discovered by moving patrols, before slamming the officer down onto a poorly supported table, shattering the glasses balanced on its top and ruining the card game that had been left unfinished when the Rogue Sith soldiers were ordered to fight as the officer crashed through it. Landing upon the ground with a loud crash as the three enemy Stormtroopers in the room turned towards the huge man pummeling their leader into the floor. CT soon realized he was being stared at when one of the Stormtroopers through a metal bin at him, and CT-47B lifted his hand up to protect his helmet as the waste paper contents fluttered around the room and a trooper tackled him through it, his fist pounding at where CT-47B's kidneys would've been if they weren't protected by a strong layer of blastic. Immediately CT-47B swung his right elbow down at the base of the mans neck. Once. Twice. And with his left hand helping force it down...

Crack

The third had done it, broken through the mans feeble flesh and severed his brains access to the spine as his head bent too far back. Immediately CT-47B swung him against the next man, using the corpses momentum to slow the Stormtroopers charge and accidentally prevented him from opening fire on him with his pistol as the barrel pointed away down and fired, nearly striking the moaning officer CT-47B wanted alive.

While he grabbed at his own pistol, the third trooper clambered at his back, nearly causing CT-47B to lose his balance before his instincts took over and he grabbed the mans hand, flipping him over and slamming him against the floor like he had done so many times before in close quarters combat training and hand to hand simulations. Before the other trooper could fire at him, CT-47B pulled his X-11E upwards and fired without unclipping it from his belt. The sheer kinetic force sent the pistoleer flying against the nearest wall, the front of his white armor shattered like pottery with some having acted as shrapnel and embedded deep into his soft tissue as his ribs shattered, ear drums bled and organs ruptured from the severe vibrations.

He then walked over and closed the door, before heading back to the others and removing their helmets by force.
"How do I get to the bridge?" He asked the none officer, who promptly spat on CT's visor before his vibrogauntlet blade slammed into his temple, turning the contents to jelly as he shook the blade to free it as the bone melded around the small sharp edge. He then slipped it out, wiping the blade on the dead mans bodysuit, before repeating his question to the officer in a slower, more menacing tone.

"Now I've got time to spare on you. First you're going to tell me the fastest way to the bridge, and then you're going to redirect reinforcements to the other invaders hangars. You say anything but that and I'll shove this vibroknife so far up your crotch you'll turn into a woman and like it. I know the emergency codes. So try and call for help and by the time they've reached us you'll look like an ewoks totem pole."

[member="Kith Verloren"] [member="Irajah Ven"]​
Allies: [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Claire Ouron"] [member="Thoja Arlos"] [member="Jaster Starfallen"] @Xiarr Sarr [member="Karen Roberts"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Kira Vaal"]​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sdf3YNCk0Y​
This was an old evil, tainted and warped by age, like a tree gone to rot, ridden with parasites, and feeding on its companions. Tiland could feel it as he knelt in the back of one of the dropships, eyes closed and staff across his lap. He was meditating- seeking through the miasma of this world and the chaos of the battle for the heart of this shadow. A cold shadow, not like many Sith who burned with fire and rage like a star. No, this was the empty coldness of the vacuum around them and of silent fury and the long night that stood poised to come in the long days to come when all things came to an end. Full of certainty, it was, stronger than nearly all else that filled this war torn world.

He stretched out in the Force, seeking out this presence. Aboard the Omega itself. They were close now, but still far from their destination. A battle raged through this hangar, punctuated by blaster botls as it erupted into a massive firefight to an undertone of an X-wing's guns tearing apart a Sith. Tiland felt his life, dark and twisted, but still a life tied to the Force, cut apart. Tiland rolled his shoulders, still meditating as the ship hit the deck and the door flew open as [member="Zark"] and his padawan led the Alliance special forces into the hangar. Tiland stayed low, behind cover and out of sight.

He was getting closer to finding the location of this Sith. He pushed out further, trying to touch its mind. All he caught were glimpses- flashes of silence and stillness in the galaxy and of a planet-sized city- and again of age. Old, like himself. Strange how these things came about. But there was no time further. He knew where it was that the Force desired him.

He rose, taking his staff in hand, letting the Force surround him. He crafted an image in his mind, one of the hangar along his intended route, blank and empty. That would have to do for now. He sent it out, wrapping it into the minds of the surviving stormtroopers and few remaining Sith.

Then he strode out, ducking towards the wall, staff clacking along beside him. He let the Force flow from him into the staff. Stray blaster bolts sizzled his way and the Force guided his steps as he stepped aside and twisted or struck aside the bolts with his staff. But this was more than he could sustain for a significant amount of time. He dropped the imbuement and slipped behind a crate as he studied the layout.

There was a hallway not terribly far away. He picked himself up once more and ran, letting the Force fill his legs and carry him forward faster. It was a rather comical sight, if any of the Omega personnel had been able to see him. An old man with gray hair and beard running more than full speed to finally duck within the hallway, robes flapping like ungainly wings. Or, since the allies could see him, not wanting to spend energy on hiding from them, they might all have caught sight.

He came to a stop inside this new hallway and took a deep breath, wiping beads of sweat from his forehead. Blasters still echoed through the hangar. He reached out with the Force once more, seeking that evil heart. Tiland could still feel her. That was what he needed and it gave him the direction he needed.

Follow me when you can.

He sent the message out to the rest of the Jedi in the hangar. Tiland didn't have the skills or equipment for a battle like that one. No, his was a spiritual battle, and it was to there that he now made his way. The staff echoed through the hallway as he strode down the corridor, heading for whomever was in charge. This was a dark corner of the galaxy that needed the Light.

Allies: [member="Jericho"]

She was moving and seeing Jericho with her as they had escaped the hanger with plenty to do still. They had an advantage of being here longer when she was going over the information the droids were giving her. From navigating the systems and she was movign with him. "How are the implants holding up for you?" She asked it while going for two reasons. One she had been one of the leads in project herald to create the new breed of lightsided super soldiers through implants, biots, augmentations and enhancements. Never one type so not to strain but severala nd the best candidates who could do it... the second reason was because having a jedi master with the skill to survive in the heavy gravity chamber with her for training was rare. She valued that and wanted to test it with the others. For now though while she ran she rounded a corner and was looking at the way to get to the main fire controls. They didn't need the controls to the weapon just to make it so that the bridge couldn't order people to fire it.

Allies: [member="Kierel"] [member="Wolf"] [member="Samka Derith"] [member="Doc"] [member="Vustia"] [member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Jude Falkrowe"] [member="Matsu Xiangu"]

I approached the three Sith quickly, lightsaber blocking blaster bolts that came across my path. I watched as two of the Sith disengaged from the other one, probably to face the rest of the Knights of Ren whom I could sense were in close proximity to me.

As I approached him, the lone Sith activated their lightsaber, the crimson blade pointed menacingly at me. I stopped short right before either of our sabers were in range to slice at the other. I crouched low, trying to minimize the area the Sith could attack. I started to slowly circle the Sith, like a predator circles its prey. Except I wasn't sure that I was the predator here. I had no idea what the rank of the Sith in front of me was, and his robes provided no identifiable markings.

The Sith started circling too. I kept walking until my back was to the shuttle we came in on. Good. I was between the Stormtrooper and the Sith now. He would have to go through me first. I decided to take the first move. I used the Force to help propel me forward at an unnatural speed, my left blade coming down in a vicious stroke across the Sith's body, from left shoulder to right hip. The Sith responded with a speed equal to my own. He brought his lightsaber up and held it parallel to the ground, catching my blade and holding it away from his shoulder, right before it would have connected with him. We held that position for a few more seconds, then his superior strength and vantage position, because he was taller than I, overwhelmed me. I ducked as I let my lightsaber be pushed towards me, using the momentum to swing myself in a circle, bringing my lightsaber out in front of me again, ready for a follow-up strike.

And a follow-up strike there was. I barely managed to intercept the Sith's blade as it swung towards my neck. I stopped it with one of my blades, and swung the other one towards his leg. It connected with a glancing blow, not anything severe but painful enough to be noticed. The Sith stumbled backwards, lightsaber arm flailing. I pressed my advantage. I used two short, quick jabs of my lightsaber to either side of the Sith's body in quick succession. He blocked the first one but the second strike burned his side, his lightsaber too slow to move across his body. Two blades were deadly indeed, as long as they were used properly. They could distract your opponent, making them split their concentration between both sides. That was what the Sith had done, lost track of the second side, and so had let it graze him.

I could feel the rage emanating out of the Sith; I didn't even have to look through the Force to tell how angry he was. He regained his footing and started a complex series of lightsaber movements that I retreated under. He ended with a thrust at my midsection. I brought one of my blades across and pushed the Sith's saber away from me, spinning around to readjust my position again. I noticed as I faced him that his lightsaber had been thrown wide, the momentum that I carried through my swing was stronger than I had thought. I realized this tiny opening in the Sith's defense and, taking advantage of it, Force pushed him in the chest. He flew backwards until he hit some some stacked containers, sliding down them. I ran towards the Sith, wanting to make sure this battle was finished. I felt exhilarated by the closeness of danger in the fight and the quick thinking required. As I stood over the Sith he moved to get up again. I stepped on the hand holding his lightsaber, causing it to roll away and out of his reach. Defeated, he dropped back onto the ground.

I glared at him, "Tell me about the Omega" I said, "Where are the focusing crystals? The power generators?" He remained mute. "Answer me!" I snapped at him. Still no response. I extinguished one blade of my lightsaber and pointed the other one at him. I looked across the hangar and called to the rest of the Knights of Ren: "I got one! But he won't talk. What should I do?" I waited for their responses. If we were going to interrogate the Sith, I would need some help. My efforts thus far hadn't yielded anything. Maybe they could be more... persuasive than I was.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Omega
Team Lightside Hanger Bay, Hold the door. (8)

"To see the Golden Path as it manifests in the Force is both a blessing and curse. That is what she used to say. And, that you learn quickly as a Jedi that Alpha and Omega are the same thing. Every ending, a beginning. That time is a circle. One eternal round." ~ Sid's Log, The Omega War

Omega had fallen. It was a vision. Karen had seen it in the Force.

This was one of the many futures that opened up before her eyes as she set her X-Wing down in a quiet and corpse-filled hanger. The Force. It wanted to show her something new as she disembarked her craft. It wanted to show what would happen. If they succeeded. And that terrible future caused her to stop. To pause. To consider all her options. Ah. She saw it now.

They were not alone on Omega.

No. In the Force she could see them all. The Sith. The First Order. The Mandalorians and the Freelancers too. Karen could see herself. The Jedi. The Republic. All of these terrible terrible forces surging forward to one very specific shatterpoint in the Force. A hub of all this powerful traffic. The tipping point of the war. It was. Wait,

A woman?

"Karen?" Bana shook her arm. The tiny dwarf woman looked concerned. Not for the dead, but for the living.

"Bana..." Karen looked down at the small resistance woman. Receding slowly from her higher plane of learning. Karen uncoupled her helmet. Slide it off her long brunette shoulders. Letting Doctor Perth see her real face for the first time.

"Bana. I have to stay. I have to stay here with the shuttles."

"What! Why? The other Jedi are already inside? This is our chance! We can stop all this slavery here. All this suffering. We can win."

Karen smiled,

"You can Bana. But this is not my destiny. I have to stay. I have seen it in the Force."

"What?"

"The Golden Path. A Jedi's vision. It is a road to many futures. I can see them Bana. So many of them are the same. I can see this station's doom Bana. And I can see something else also. That we are all going to need a way to escape it. I... I need to find us a way home. Not just escape pods but. A way home. Away from this system."

Doctor Perth seemed to balk. An exit strategy? This Jedi had already foreseen their victory? Karen, just knew?

"Okay then." Bana shouldered her gun, "We're with you."

All of the remaining slaves seemed to ponder that thought. Most of them undecided. Surprised by this sudden change of pace.

"No Bana." Karen pleaded, "This is your fight. These soldiers will need the numbers. This station has unlimited soldiers at it's disposal. Our numbers are simply too few to let you all stay here with me. They need you. You must succeed."

Bana seemed just as shocked as her freemen companions. None of this was making sense. They were free now but... It was all happening so fast for them. The mines. The airbase. The scope of this whole darn war. It was so hard to understand the greater scale of things in such a terrifying moment. Bana didn't know what to do.

Karen placed a hand on Perth's tiny shoulder.

"Go Bana. Lead your people. Follow these other Jedi Masters and these soldiers. Help them to reach their mission. Your mission. To free not just a planet. But the whole galaxy. ...Free them Bana. Lead your people."

Perth seemed to nod. Taking moment to feel that new destiny flowing through her. Doctor Bana Perth had the makings of a great Jedi. The Force surrounded her. Filled her. Showed her what to do. And. ...What she needed to be.

"Okay Master Jedi. We'll go with the others. But... Karen?"

"Mm?"

"The Force will be with you."

"And you Bana Perth. Always."

Doctor Bana Perth gathered up her resistance fighters and charged off into the hallways of Omega. Following quickly behind the others as they pressed forward toward their target. Free men and women all. Leaving only one Force Master all by herself. Standing alone near her X-Wing as the hanger bay slowly emptied of soldiers and heroes. Contemplating victory.

Contemplating something else too.

"R2?" Karen turned.

~ "Dwee dwoo?" ~ The happy droid chirped.

"Fire up the ship. I'm gonna need your help with something."

_____

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom