Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Life Day Extravaganza (The Sith Order/Allies)

Generally, her mother stayed away from parties. It didn't matter if the event was for business or politics, Taeli Raaf just held a disdain for frivolous parties and demonstrations of wealth. There were other ways to showcase one's power and resources than fetes, and even Life Day parties were small affairs for the two since She and her two siblings were spirited away.

But she had never forbidden her daughter from attending, and indeed, Nerralyn rather enjoyed getting the chance to partake of parties. Not usually to imbibe or anything like that. No, she liked to come to events to watch the attendees and maybe meet people if she wasn't representing her mother in either guise. With Life Day presents exchanged between the mother and daughter, she had gone to Eliad to attend the party her godfather and one of his spouses was hosting, both for herself and to make sure her mother's presence could be maintained.

Garbed in a flowing black dress with golden brocade, a golden hairband that could almost be mistaken for a tiara holding her ebony hair back, she arrived in the chambers were the party was being held. Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex and Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah were presiding from their thrones while Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean and Srina Talon Srina Talon greeted the hosts, their own retinue following behind them.

Purple eyes slowly moved around the growing crowd of Sith, noting people she knew like Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru and Darth Strosius Darth Strosius , even if she hadn't actually met the newer Lord in person. Others she did not know, but their powers spoke of acolytes and hopefuls looking to gain attention or representing their masters such as Firrerreo Firrerreo , Revna Revna , or Ansisa Ansisa . All in all, as she started to glide among the attendees towards the dais to greet Carnifex, it promised to be an interesting evening.

"Happy Life Day, godfather, Xyrah," she said to Carnifex, once she was allowed to approach the dais. She made a deep bow to the Emperor and his wife as well, saying, "My mother extends her greetings to all of you, and apologizes that she could not attend herself."

sith-red.png

"Ali."

She spoke calmly, kept a calm expression on her face even as he spoke out so harshly against her and hers. There was none of the rage she'd usually display, the seething contempt. Just an eerie calm as she dropped the title she had been referring him as throughout their conversation. There was only so much disrespect she would allow to be leveled towards her.

Especially before the young eyes of the next generation.

"You've arrived here not alone. Don't make enemies for her so readily."

Then, she followed the Acolytes gaze. Bit back a chuckle. Of course Alisteri's acolyte wouldn't recognize the Emperor and the Empress.

"While the Sith have good relations, it is the Jedi who face our wrath. I for one think it's a good thing to see the Emperor here with the Kainites. Perhaps that means it will be time to strike out against our true foe before we worry about purging ourselves. Time and time again has shown what happens with the Sith turn on themselves when there are enemies nipping at their heals, hmm?"

They'd both lived through the last event.

"You should remember their names, Acolyte. And refer to them as Lord and Lady. For all Lord Strosius's bitterness, he is not at a rank where the insults of his apprentices will go unpunished. There are lessons in pain, but I advice you avoid any unnecessary classes, mm?"

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius | Revna Revna

// LOCATION //: The Golden Palace :|: Eliad
// OBJECTIVE //: Secure Political Support
// TAGS //:
Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah Eventually
// THEME //: FEDERATION //: MARCH

D I R E C T O R _ G E N E R A L

There was a chance that the Sith Order would become the second superpower within the galaxy as their power and influence expanded from system to system, world after world, population after population. With such a rapid advance they could challenge even the Galactic Alliance directly but that hinged on if the Order could remain united behind a singular leader and a
singular goal, which was doubtful given the fickle nature of the sith and their inclination to infighting which befell many of their empires in galaxy's past. A solid theocratic state backed by a strong economy was necessary if the sith ever wished to regain control over the core worlds and capture coruscant.

They had one accomplished one such snag by reforming the Sith Economy with the
restructuring of the Sith-Imperial Banking Clan which had restored confidence to investors and stimulated the flow of commerce and trade within their territory, but they lacked access to the strongest market currently operating within the galaxy..that being the Alliance, their mortal enemy but the one that might help them reign supreme over the galaxy once more.

While the main target of the Director-General was the Host, Darth Xyrah they were
preoccupied meeting with sith dignitaries and foreign visitors. So it was the perfect time to sink into the shadows of the room, to analyze each guest coming and going in order to gouge their potential usefulness later down the line. Within the contours of the room was a small gathering comprised of Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru , Darth Strosius Darth Strosius and Revna Revna , they seemed to have personal power but not enough influence to truly make a difference. Next was the small fry in the form of Firrerreo Firrerreo and Ansisa Ansisa who discussed amongst themselves in another corner of the room, they had potential to be formidable warriors so far as one could tell from a distance.

The real powerbrokers of the gathering would be Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , Srina Talon Srina Talon and Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean who sat at the top of the Sith
Hierarchy, each one having enough personal power and influence to change the galaxy for the better or worst depending on their mood.

"The arrival of the Sith Emperor and his consort to this gathering does prove an interesting
hypothesis. The Order is trying to show signs of unity against their foes and who better than to have the Eternals and the Kainites in the same hall, eating the same food and intermingling with the festivities. Each having ideological differences but wanting to showcase that the Current Iteration of the Sith were not in danger of fracturing like the empires of old." A singular thought to himself but said out loud, but one of many questions and further inquiries. If the Order was trying to prove that they were not fractured like the previous Sith Empires then they would need to put aside differences and put on a formal act to the gathered participants such as they are doing now.

"I do not see what that means in regards to our mission, to secure political support from the Sith Order. Their internal politics do not concern the Trade Federation of Planets." The combat engineer said, wanting to know the exact reason why the Director-General was talking nonsense about ideological hypothesis. They were becoming distracted from their mission of securing support.

"Internal politics are all to play for in the world of business, each faction can be arranged against each other and that proves to our advantage when the struggle comes to an end. We supported the New Imperial Order during their open rebellion for the same reason, and reaped the benefits
albeit shortly. But enough chatter we must introduce ourselves to the main host and find common ground."

A simple response but enough to cease the fruitless questionings of the combat engineer, politics were simply another extension of business and in that realm the Trade Federation of Planets reigned supreme. Moving through the crowd as they approached the thrones of the Golden Palace. Simply waiting their turn to speak with Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah and potential conversations with Darth Carnifex once they got done speaking with Raenlyn Athacorr Raenlyn Athacorr .

uJz63Av.png

sith-red.png

"You're one of those.. Droid people, aren't you. The both of you, technically."

Vazz spoke from the nearby counter, idly sipping at a mug of whatever drink he could get his hands on. Curiosity had gotten the better of him. He knew the faces here. The Sith faces, at least. These two, he didn't. He flashed a smile as he stepped over to Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr and his friend, a smile that was far too kind for a Sith to be real.

"The three of you? Two. Maybe one? Hard to tell, these drinks here they serve are plenty strong. I don't recognize either of you, but I do recognize those uniforms. Trade Federation, right?"

Ansisa seethed with anger at the insult, red eyes narrowing, her hand twitched itching to reach for the saber tucker into the folds of her dress. Yearning to cut him down. She resisted, though barely. The fact that he was right, simply made her more angry. "Careful, Firrerreo Firrerreo , I can cut you down quicker than you can summon one of your pets."

She finished the remainder of her drink, setting the empty glass on yet another passing tray. "The Sith Eternal is preferable, though I am not against the Tsis'kaar, I am not sure working form the shadows really suits my style. The Kainites though?" she shook her head. "I'd rather not associate myself with a twice failed Emperor."

Clearly, Darth Strosius and Lady Tremiru had history, Revna noted silently as she listened to her mentor bite back at the blond’s responses to him. She was curious about how these two knew each other-but she wasn’t about to pry and stick her nose in business that didn’t concern her. But he was making it clear that whatever the blond had been doing with her life had irked him. Though she was rather amused with her mentor’s shift in attitude-it was a bit of a contrast compared to his usual self, but it didn’t change her view of him in the slightest. She’d probably be acting in a similar fashion if she was stuck in a room surrounded by people she had come to despise herself.

Hearing Lady Tremiru call her mentor as “Ali” did catch her off guard a bit, and she looked at them with curiosity. Had that been his name before he became Darth Strosius? He had never told her his actual name, and she had never bothered to ask. Though she tried not to make it apparent that she was listening in on their conversation, she figured that they both knew she was. She caught on to the cautionary words that the Sith woman threw towards the robed and masked man.

He answered Revna’s question about who the two individuals were, not even bothering to hide the vitriol in his voice, and Revna felt the blood drain from her face as she slid her gaze back in their direction briefly. That…was the Sith Emperor? And his wife? No wonder she had felt power from them then, and now she could put faces to their names.

Revna noticed a rather…strange reaction come over her mentor, and she frowned and tilted her head ever so slightly as he shook his head and pressed a hand to his forehead, but the voice of Lady Tremiru speaking once more drew her attention back to the tall Sith woman as she spoke of the Sith being together, and striking out against their foes. From what little she had studied thus far about the ancient Sith Order and its long and very colored history, little Revna was not surprised to hear the woman’s comment about the Sith turning on themselves.

She then spoke directly to Revna, and the small woman noted the warnings given to her. The way it was delivered reminded her of some of the “lessons” she had been given whilst being a slave, and her buried slave nature tried to raise its ugly head in response to the blond Sith’s words to her. It took some effort to force that part of her back into the shadows.

If I wanted to insult someone, I would do so directly to their face, and it would be obvious that I was doing so. My…lack of due respect towards them stems from simply not knowing who they are, as up until recently I was a mere slave and barely knew of the existence of the Sith outside of meeting one individual before I found Darth Strosius. I’ve heard my mentor mention Lord Empyrean’s name before…but I have never seen him until this moment. And I am quite familiar with lessons learned from pain.” Revna replied coolly to the other Sith woman while remaining respectful as she spoke (she hoped), and making sure she used proper titles when referring to the incumbent Sith Emperor. “But…I do appreciate the warning, Lady Tremiru. I’ve no desire to learn an unnecessary lesson delivered through pain. There will be enough of that throughout life as it is. Be that as it may, I am wise enough to understand and accept that I just might inherit some of the enemies of my…opinionated teacher…simply by my association with him.

Now that Revna was feeling a bit more…bold…she turned to face her mentor directly. While she was amused by his antics and displeasure, Revna did have a few words to say to him. She had no idea if she would get in trouble for what she was about to say, but she would find out one way or the other.

While I understand that this is the ‘belly of the beast’ and we are in unfriendly territory, right now no one is jumping at ripping out our throats. If it happens I am sure we will deal with it as it comes.” Revna paused and took a breath, and leveled her gaze at his masked face fearlessly. “I am very thankful that you brought me along with you to such an event. I have never been a guest to a lavish party such as this…I have only ever served in them. Those servants over there tending to those upon the thrones…that was me not too long ago. So please forgive me if I wouldn’t mind…enjoying…my time here, Lord Strosius. And on a final note…I know that you have experience with individuals that are present here and from that have come to your own personal judgments of them. But I have not. I do not know anyone here, and I would like the ability to make my own judgments of the various Lords and Ladies present. The Sith Emperor may be your enemy, and perhaps he is my enemy too by association…but if I am going to make enemies with anyone, it will be because I chose for them to be so.”

Revna finished her little rant, her heart racing just a bit as she realized it was the first time she had ever taken such a tone with her Sith mentor. It sure was amazing what the taste of freedom could do to a person, she mused darkly as she waited for his response. Had she ever made such comments to her former slave-masters, she would have been subjected to all sorts of punishments imaginable, if not outright executed.

TAGS:
Darth Strosius Darth Strosius
Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows
Whole lifetimes had elapsed since Ashin last stood in line. Under her mask, she allowed herself a smile at the novelty. The good mood faded. Everywhere she looked, she saw faces that potentially or certainly had implications for Ashin's primary interest in the Sith institution: the success and welfare of her daughter, Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin , who was immersed in this up to her throat.

Some of those implications were more positive than others: Srina Talon Srina Talon , for example, was known to be close with Quinn in a way that Ashin both resented and mistrusted, but a way that had benefited Quinn and would likely do so again. Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru , who Ashin had encountered during the wreck of the Midnight Treasure, had turned out to be someone of equal consequence in Quinn's life. Ashin also spied more than a few Sith who'd secretly or openly studied aboard the Pomojema and could be relied upon. And there were any number of others present who might be useful - specifically, in the cause of Quinn.

If not for Quinn's ambitions, the odds that Ashin would have come to a function like this, left her power base aboard the Pomojema, were negligible.

In due course, Ashin's time came to stand before Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah , Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , and their substantial retinue.
ZmDfUxw.png

"My belated congratulations on your wedding," she said, as if she and Carnifex hadn't wavered between rivals, enemies, and uneasy allies any number of times in murky days of yore. Both of them had been born over a century ago. Priorities changed as the decades crawled on.

She presented a box of glossy alchemical black, just large enough to hold what had been removed from one of the Zambrano Decraniated. The box, when opened, held a mask of bone and ancient alloys, all alchemised for durability.

"An Omensight mask, an artifact of the Krath, carved from the skull of a Jedi. Wear it to see how many someone has killed. It's unveiled more than one secret that way."

// TAGS //:
Vazz Vazz

There was some silence between the pair of skakoans as the foreign dignities and sith delegates offered their customary greetings to the Ruling Power on Eliad in the form of Darth Xyrah. A faint noise caught the Director-General off guard for a moment before the person revealed themselves from the shadows of the room. Glancing away from the datapad held within the combat engineer's hand for a moment to analyze the new arrival and judge their place within the Sith Hierarchy and how useful they might be to form a connection with. He had not seen a Defel for quite some time, although they had an interesting ability to become invisible by bending light around themselves. Laborr had first thought it was an assassin sent to murder him by one of his many corporate rivals but the introduction put that theory to rest for the time being, as no self respecting assassin would take the time to converse before striking dead their target.

"You would be accurate in your assessment, we are the delegation from the Trade Federation of Planets." A simple answer to the inquiry wanting to know the intension of the Defel before revealing anything else. The pair shared a glance towards one another, as the line by the throne was not going down at all. It would be unprofitable for them to merely stand around and observe without trying to gain some information about the state of the Sith Order.

"Tell me, what do you think of the current iteration of the Sith Order." An inquiry was made and an answer might be provided that would determine how much investment could be put into the system.

uJz63Av.png

sith-red.png

"Which part. The Kainites who've hosted this party, the Eternals at the Empire's capital. The remnants of the Tsis'kar." It was a lot of drama between the factions that.. Wasn't drama anymore. Misinformation guised under old intel would be enough, Vazz figured. The Trade Federation he knew were all profit first.

What better way than to suggest there might be a bidding war between the supposed inner circles of the Empire?

"They're trying to keep ahead of one another. Lord Xyrah, our host for the evening, has already taken the Banking Clans for himself. Those that remained of the Tsis'Kar have started to try and develop technology that keeps them independent. It's a healthy competition, though. Developing to stay ahead and keep control without actual bloodshed and fighting. The Sith are at their strongest since the Maw fell."

He lifted his mug, taking a longer sip this time to let the words stew.

"What's the Federation's take?"

Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr

Empyrean, a dead man walking in every literal and hyperbolic sense imaginable, entered the decadent hedonism pit with his growingly iconic disinterest. His eyes did not shift, metal as they were, but they studied all - the faces of sycophants and beggars kissing at the feet of lords who carried only the smallest sense of power in the ways that mattered. Most he saw carried that pride, that hunger of a Sith, but he knew they relied too much on the needs of political manipulations more than their own strength. To rely on something so complicated would matter very little if Empyrean let the weight of his strength fall upon them in this moment.​
Would their petabytes of blackmail on the Councils save them? Would a trade company extracting the wealth of workers halfway across the Galaxy stop his hand from clenching around their throats here and now? No, no matter their power, their perceived strength, they relied on the belief of power to save them over power itself. They could only do as much as people believed they could - but Empyrean could do anything he knew he could. The difference was monumental.​
He seemed to grunt at his wife's placations, that he not cause a disturbance. He had yet to truly cause one - only settle the misfortunate happenings others continuously tested him with. He was a beacon of hospitality in his eyes, but perhaps nobody else saw that as he did.​
"If Darth Xyrah spent as much time cultivating power as he did flaunting it, he might be as powerful as any of us by now.", he said with venom in his tone - though not perhaps at Xyrah himself, so much as the perceived inadequacy of Sith philosophy running through his Empire. It would be a sickness he would be forced to cure, by cutting the dead flesh from the body, or medicating it properly. He had yet to decide on which.​
While his wife bowed her head, even slightly, as an acknowledgment of appreciation - Empyrean did not. An Emperor did not bow in the slightest to those that served him, no matter the circumstances. Perhaps it was Sith politics and mannerisms taken to the extreme, but the Emperor of all those within the Order required nothing less than perfection - lest the mere glimpse of weakness draw the buzzards to feast on his already dead corpse.​
He offered Xyrah a short glance, but held Carnifex's longer. It was not an acknowledgement of appreciation, only an acknowledgement of strength. All that mattered when it came down to it. Others may see it as a challenge, and perhaps it was as all Sith interactions are, but it was in this moment also an acknowledgement of power - honor among Sith.​
When the two departed, Empyrean let his gaze slowly shift to the crowds as they murmured, noticing more than a few stares. Many had only witnessed the dichotomy of their beings for the first time, and it had sent a rumor filled tizzy through the crowds. Idle gossip mixed with fear, and the ever so careless whispered challenge from Sith too young to realize how far outmatched they were. As though to defeat him were ever in their imaginable future.​
"Is it telling that politics has grown so grating on me?", he said with the ever so slight display of disgust on his features, watching the crowds meander under his protection, his wealth, the threat of his violence.​
"Perhaps the Dark Side has simply begun to corrupt my tiring bones - but I'd sooner see these sycophants impaled than drunk on the spoils of my victories."​

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

Equipment: Robes
Tags: Revna Revna / Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru / Open!
zOIcum2.png

The calm admonishment that served as Alina's reply, rather than something far more impassioned and aggressive like he expected, caused him another moment of pause as he blinked in surprise. That was odd. He had halfway been preparing to dodge a punch, not be berated at like some unruly lesser that lost their tongue. Before the masked man could manage out some biting remark, one that he hoped would properly infuriate the other Sith like he was used to doing, the Acolyte at his side spoke and his attention shifted to her instead.

Despite this being her first real experience with Sith aside from himself and those under his banner, Revna carried herself with dignity and responded to the warning with a calm and collected demeanor of her own. She was certain and prompt in her reply and he almost couldn't help the smirk that cropped up beneath his mask. Said smirk twitched as her gaze turned back to him however, and her determined words continued without fear of reprisal or hesitation. Despite her taking somewhat of a stand against him, he still felt proud of his newest Acolyte for having such backbone at all.

Even if it did make him raise an eyebrow and fix her with a stare for a few long moments. Finally though a small chuckle left him as he nodded, reaching up to pat the Acolyte on her shoulder as he spoke. "Well said young Revna. Your wise words continue to surprise me. Rest assured, despite my hatred of the enemies of the Sith, I have no intention of getting either of us removed from this little affair prematurely. I'd not have come at all if I was concerned about causing a scene myself." Darth Strosius was bold enough to insult Carnifex and Empyrean to their faces before, but not while he had an Acolyte at his side. If he was alone then things would have been very different indeed.

"I have no doubts that you'll come to despise them as I do in time Acolyte," A slight tilt of his head shifted his gaze to Alina for a moment. "You aren't one for giving up your dignity and morality in exchange for power and prestige. Unlike others." He cleared his throat to rid himself of the pettiness that had seeped into his words before looking back at Revna and nodding again. "Now go and sample some good dishes before they get picked clean and enjoy yourself. Just don't indulge in too many drinks, inebriation can stifle young minds like yours in a frightening manner. And if anyone gives you trouble, I'll be right back at your side in no time."

Darth Strosius waved her off with a slight smirk. "Don't let my weariness when it comes to these dreadful parties hamper your enjoyment." Really he'd rather burn the whole world down but he knew that Revna didn't have the same context for it all that he did. She was smart enough to know that this world was built off the backs of exploitation of course, she just didn't know that the Kainites sitting across the way along with their 'grand guests' were to blame for more than just the suffering of one planet's servants. In time she would learn, in time that ignorance and naivety would fade. For now though, he'd let her have her fun without further interruption. Even if it did wound his pride somewhat.

His attention then shifted back to Alina and any sense of warmth in his hidden expression disappeared instantly. "Clearly you've forgotten who your real enemies are alongside your friends if you think that the Jedi of all things are our 'true foes' Alina." He hissed under his breath as his eyes narrowed once more. "I have nothing to say to the pawns of the Sith's enemies, be they Kainite or loyal to Empyrean. So unless you've remembered who you should be fighting against rather than bowing to, we are both wasting our breath conversing with one another."

// TAGS //:
Vazz Vazz

Some of the information provided by the Defel was already known such as Darth Xyrah taking control over the Sith-Imperial Banking Clan since they had sent a
representative as well to take control over the entire operation but unfortunately were beaten out. The Tsis-Kaar had many rumors surrounding them such as the fact that the former Sith Triumvirate that ruled over the Sith Order included one such individual amongst their ranks, possibly the leader of said ideological branch. They could become a formidable force within the power structure if they develop and produce technology sufficient enough to keep up with the vast resources of the Kainites and the Eternals. It was an unlikely scenario but they might just be able to take control over the Sith Dominion given enough support amongst the lower caste of the sith order.

"There is a lot to take into consideration when
discussing the nature of the Sith Order, though as you say the Sith are strongest since the fall of the Brotherhood of the Maw. But what does that strength really do when building a strong empire, sure you can conquer territory through an iron fist, laying waste to thousands of settlements and culling populations if they oppose you. But these are temporary measures designed to install fear and not to create a strong foundation that will last a thousand generations." It was pure conjecture and opinion based, but with a small hint of truth residing within the words. Those with power only knew how to wield it like a sledgehammer against those that opposed them, paranoid that their grip over the throne would be challenge by the lower caste. It did not create confidence that they could be a competent ruler.

"The Sith Emperor, Darth Empyrean could destroy each and everyone here with a swipe of his hand, having a vast amount of power within his possession. But he does not do so as of yet because there would be no empire to rule over, no
population to fear him, no people to build him statues and bow at his every whim with a singular glance towards their direction. And so I believe the Sith Order is strong and capable of forging a mighty empire, but not to rule over the galaxy once more." Laborr explained in an off-hand approach, wanting to convey that the Sith Order was strong but would never be strong enough to rule over the galaxy like the Galactic Alliance did. They had their chance time and time again, and squandered it no matter who the emperor was at that time.

uJz63Av.png

Darth Xyrah nodded their head graciously at Darth Valor. "Why thank you, Lord Valor. Indeed, our order is finally recovering after much internal conflict. I hope these festivities are an indication that those dark days are now firmly behind us.", he said with a smile, before turning his attention onto his husband. "Oh, eventful it will be indeed, my love. And if I'm not mistaken, a very important guest I've been waiting for has just arrived.", he said, upon noticing the arrival of the Trade Federation delegation. "Would you speak to Lady Srina and the Emperor in my stead while I greet Mister Laborr, husband? I'll join you as soon as I'm able.", he said with a smile towards Carnifex, before arising from his throne to approach Rulonom and his delegation, quickly accompanied by a pair of his Magnaguards.

Darth Xyrah made their way through the crowded festivities, politely greeting many of his guests as he made his way over to Rulonom. "Ahh, Mister Laborr! It is so good to make your acquaintance at last. I apologize for the delay. It's rare I host a party of such grand importance to our order.", he said with a soft giggle. "And who might this be?", Darth Xyrah inquired curiously as he peered at the large wolf man.

Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr
Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex
Srina Talon Srina Talon
Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean
Vazz Vazz

Last edited:

CS3FUG8.png

He met Empyrean's gaze with equal intensity, two abject masters of the Dark Side acknowledging one another. It did not last long, both were pulled away by other matters. The arrival of Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf 's daughter brought a smile to the Dark Lord's lips, for He had always enjoyed the eldest Raaf's company. She had proven to be an exceptionally bright child, quick to learn, adapt at comprehending concepts that others would find esoteric. He did not doubt that she would rise high and go far in the galaxy, especially with all that she had learned at her disposal.

"Raenlyn," spoke the Dark Lord in a reassuring tone, "Your mother need not apologize, I understand her aversion to these sort of gatherings. I do not blame her." Despite both Carnifex and Xyrah present as hosts, this was all spun from the mind of the latter rather than the former. The Dark Lord understood the advantages of such things, but did not particularly care for their planning and execution. He left all of that to Xyrah, who took to it like a duck to water. "We will have to discuss more later, I would be very pleased to speak about how you have been." Such was the nature of host, couldn't spare much time for any one person while in official capacity.

The one who came after Raenlyn was truly peculiar. Masked from view, the figure radiated a familiar sensation that the Dark Lord needed a moment to process. "A many thanks." Carnifex watched her carefully, for it had been many, many years since they had last crossed paths. This was the last place He expected her. She brought forth a box, glossy and black, which revealed an ornately carved bone and metal mask that radiated with alchemical potency once He opened it. His interest was immediate piqued.

"Quite the gift, very generous." He rubbed a thumb along the bone, feeling the power and skill that went into it's craft. "I have no doubt that I will make great use of this."

sith-red.png

Alina listened in silence, watching the Master and Apprentice. She chose her own path, then. Even if he had his own opinions and feelings on the Sith here, she was determined to make her own. That alone brought a smile to Alina's face.

"I like her."

She would be good for him. Perhaps someone who could help him get out of his own pride to realize the truth she had. Her gaze shifted to Alisteri, her red eyes narrowing just for a moment as he again spat his venom her way.

"It is because the Sith fight amongst themselves that even the weakest Jedi could take the Order apart. I don't agree with the Emperor. I don't agree with Lord Carnifex. when the time comes, all will be handled just as you would like. But not before our footing is stable again. I figured you understood that by now, after everything."

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius | Revna Revna

sith-red.png

"Strong enough to thrive, but not enough to rule?" Vazz chuckled just a little. It was an interesting take, and one said to the wrong Sith might be taken as an insult. Some were just.. So temperamental. He'd say more, but his goal wasn't to change minds or opinions. Just influence these leaders of the Trade Federation into doing business with the Sith. Business, resources, they were all ways to solidify power. Much as Rulonom himself said.

But the time for his attempts at manipulation were over. He dipped his head in greeting towards Xyrah as they approached as he flashed a faint smile.

"I am called Vazz, my lord. A long time supporter of the Sith. It is good to meet you."

Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah | Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr

Revna held her ground despite the stare she felt she was getting from her mentor. It was a bit hard to tell for certain since his facial features were hidden behind his mask, but she could sense it. She felt her tension rise a touch the longer he took to respond, not knowing if he was going to reprimand her or not. But…to her pleasant surprise, he gave her a chuckle and even patted her shoulder, which instantly made the tension fade away.

She listened to his response to her, before bowing her head at him and replying back. “Thank you, my Lord. I will be sure to keep the drinks to a minimum.” If she drank at all. She’d never had any sort of strong or alcoholic beverage in her life, not even the cheapest wine or spirits, but she was well aware of what overconsumption could do to a person. His comment about others giving her any problems brought the familiar mischievous smirk to her face and that same roguishness glinted in her eyes. “If anyone gives me trouble…there may not be anything left by the time you get to me.” she jested in a low voice that mirrored her sudden playful attitude. “Jokes aside, I am sure I will be fine. I won’t stray too far.” She almost asked if he would be okay on his own, but she was quick to remind herself that he had been around a lot longer than she had and could handle himself.

Darth Strosius waved her away, and with a last look and respectful dip of the head towards Lady Tremiru, Revna dismissed herself and turned to face the daunting crowd. She hesitated briefly, realizing that she was stepping away from the safety of her mentor’s shadow, but she steeled her nerves and summoned her courage and resolutely made for the tables filled with all sorts of decadent foods and treats that she could only dream of.

Despite her courage, she was still very wary, especially as she walked further away from the one whom she was most familiar with. Now that she wasn’t entirely distracted by her mentor’s conversation with the Sith woman, she could focus on the crowd that filled the chamber. She noticed the line of individuals-including the Emperor and Empress-who went to greet the hosts of the party, and she wondered if it would be seen as an insult that neither her nor her mentor had offered their own greetings. She was fine with that; she did not like the idea of being before those who were seated on thrones. Not unless she had no choice in the matter.

Revna waited for a decent gap in the line to get food before stepping up to get her own. She didn’t want strangers at her back, especially if she didn’t know if they would be friend or foe. Though she was new to understanding how the Sith operated and how things were done within the Empire, within the Order itself, she was quick to pick up on the fact that a lot of what she was seeing was done in an effort to leverage better relations, better standings amongst peers or their betters, and to get one’s face and presence out there. With a plate of delicacies and food now in hand, the little acolyte in her simple black robes found a place to relax, making sure to keep her back facing a wall so she couldn’t be snuck up on. She highly doubted anything like that would occur, but she would rather take precautions than be caught unawares.

Now, she could do what she actually enjoyed doing: watching and learning. Her gaze drifted from individual to individual, studying them and even listening to any conversations that she could get away with overhearing. Revna silently mused on the situation she found herself in; here she was, at a Sith party surrounded by wealth and nobility of every level-something she never even dreamed would have been a possibility for her before she had taken back her freedom.

Movement from the direction of the thrones caught her attention and she watched as the host of the party, Lord Xyrah, stepped away to greet a small group of individuals-one of whom piqued Revna’s curiosity, as she’d never seen anyone who resembled a wolf man. Her gaze then drifted to the other individual still left sitting up in the highest chair, who appeared to be addressing the Emperor and Empress, and felt her skin prickle ever so slightly with warning. Something about him…bothered her. She narrowed her eyes as her gaze flickered to the lowly individuals who served the behemoth of a man, and she could sense their fear of him. He carried himself in a way that oozed confidence and superiority over just about everyone in attendance, and a brief expression of disdain passed over her face before she turned her curious gaze towards others in the chamber.

She noticed a young woman in a rather elegant and beautiful dress that somehow managed to shift between the colors of purple and red, and Revna pondered on how such a thing could even be possible. She almost wished she could have obtained something nicer to wear to be more presentable, but at the same time she found it kind of fitting that, as an acolyte, she was wearing something simple and plain. Her attention drifted onward, and she found herself idly wondering about the stories of those present; where they had come from, and what they had accomplished throughout their lives. She noticed the Emperor and Empress had turned away from speaking to the man on the throne, and were now regarding the crowd of people around them. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end when she let her gaze linger on the Emperor- he was unlike anything or anyone she’d ever seen before, and she wasn’t entirely sure yet if she even wanted to be in the same chamber as him, or even what to truly make of him. But, she pushed away her feelings of uncertainty and discomfort and continued as she was.

She was simply a small, black shadow watching those around her with curiosity and intrigue. She didn’t know if anyone would stop by to speak with her, and she doubted anyone would. She was an unfamiliar face who had been seen with a Sith who had known rivals within this very chamber. She would be very surprised with any interaction, and while part of her hoped she would be left alone…another part of her wanted to interact with others. Whatever happened, she would still enjoy herself.

TAGS:
Darth Strosius Darth Strosius
Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru
OPEN to Interact!

New-Srina-Divider-Red.gif

Tag: Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex [Also OPEN to Interact]
Wearing: Blue

Srina did not urge the Emperor to linger before their hosts.

Why?

They were otherwise engaged in seeing the rest of their guests. She also wasn't quite certain whether either Kaine or Empyrean might eat one another given half the chance. Even if, she was always standing in their way. Her fingers glanced over the phylactery that was ever-present about her neck in a silent reply to Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex as his attention dutifully wavered. It was an answer to a question that had not been asked, perhaps, one that hadn't occurred to either Sith Lord that frequented her orbit. Her no-nonsense attitude and plain intent cut through the ominous glances and unspoken grandstanding with relative ease.

Most of the Sith present would have the same story.

The same…Juvenile whine.

They didn't want to be here. They didn't want to mingle amongst their own. The walls were too gilded—The wine too expensive. The company too distasteful, too Eternal, too Kainite, too reminiscent of a recently deceased serpent. They spent all of their energy hating and scheming against one another so thoroughly that they wouldn't know friend from foe if one or the other bit them in the arse. The pale woman caught snippets of the waspish naysaying and resisted the urge to fall into the same trap by allowing petty short-sightedness to linger. She saw no strings forcing visitors to remain in the Golden City. She saw no militia, no weapons, no life-and-death scenario that lured them from the sanctity of their domiciles and forced extravagance upon them.

Every one of them had a reason for attending. From strategic, to religious, to perhaps boredom playing a solid part. And if they didn't? The door was quite close. For better or worse…Tossing stones at glass houses was perhaps the absolute worst way to bring any level of respect among the masses. It took restraint and intellect to be able to work a gathering like this, to find the value, the truth, among fine wine and pleasantries. More than youthful rebellion—It required wisdom.

Something it seemed that most Sith were severely…Lacking.

She reached out instinctively and touched the shoulder of Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner when they passed him and his former Knight Obsidian. Regardless of public perception, that she cared little for, she wouldn't snub her wolf to call. There was no need. Her soundless comfort would assure that there would be no demand for his blood this time. At least, not by her count.

"Come now…", she breathed to Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean while his rumblings met her ears. Her voice fell around him like a veil to give him room to settle while the venom he exuded rolled painlessly through her. His temperaments came and went like the tide following the call of the moon. She orbited him in events like this, providing clear, and solid boundaries for those who thought they might like to test him. It would be…Unadvisable. "I remember a very intelligent and successful man…"

"Interestingly—I called him husband, though, I had no idea he had access to more credits than half the galaxy when I married him. Enough to fund an entire nation and still live comfortably. Wealth isn't everything, meldanya, but it does have a certain power in a world of men."

Regardless of what her beloved had become he still held some level of existence on the mortal plane with the rest of them. With that in mind, there were still some things, regardless, of how unnerving he found them that would always exist. As long as society worked with any level of currency there would always be a dragon sleeping atop a horde of proverbial treasure. It was just the way of it, a wheel, that could never be broken regardless of their intent. The Sith had avoided social events for quite some time…To what end? Perhaps the political climate was a little less volatile but they'd also sacrificed growth in exchange for narcissistic paranoia. People grew from witnessing and experiencing greatness in others. From feeling their own intellect and prowess spark and burn, to know, to understand the resources that passion could unlock if only they found it within to…Let go. Srina understood the disillusionment in his voice, the disdain for political games that tended to underpin their world. Despite an inherent portrayal of refinement—She was no stranger to the darker decisions that rolled around in his mind.

Long had they spoken of various Sith Lords reliance on the illusion of power over it's true essence. She knew all too well the fragility of a house built on perception and manipulation…But now wasn't the time. It was a Life Day gathering—Not a meeting of Dark Ones.

Her gaze lingered momentarily on Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin as they presented an offering to Kaine. She recognized who they were, not, because of her history but because of the connection to her god-child. Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin was as important to her as her own, hidden, children. It was her duty to know all that was required of any guardian, moreover, her privilege to watch her favored princess come into her own. As Empyrean led her through the edges of the dance-floor she let it be.

For now.

She might have tried to coax Empyrean into walking the promenade were it not for the sound of her name lingering in stale air. Srina glanced over her shoulder and golden orbs were nearly hawkish when they landed on Darth Strosius Darth Strosius conversing with Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru and an unfamiliar ( Revna Revna ) face. Whether or not the protégé of the snake knew her mattered very, very little. Srina knew him. Her little Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr was quite fond of this one, though, she had yet to fully grasp the scope of their relationship. Brothers in arms?

Perhaps.

Regardless…Strosius would feel the weight of her endless gaze clash through him as if there were freezing rainfall running through his marrow. Her stare would be obvious. Penetrating. As if she not only heard the words he spoke but knew the thoughts that moved behind his masked visage. It was not being the "wife" of anyone whom brought varying forces to her side, nor, were her successes the result of utterly idle gossip. She had promised that she would behave—But this Knight had all but called for her.

When it seemed as if her eyes might actually be dangerous, she turned her focus back toward Empyrean with such swiftness that it seemed to leave a vacuum. She offered her husband a ghost pale smile at his inquiry that only barely touched the kiss of her lips. Srina would have time for that particular tête-à-tête when the need arose, though, she her response was far less polite than one of his many would-be advisors. Few could speak to him as she did and still have a head. "You tired of politics when you still drew breath...I'm shocked you haven't burned it all to the ground by now."

Another movement of her eyes. Showing in a way that he would know well—She was teasing him. Also, not something most would be brave enough to do. "When your patience wanes, hold to me, and share in mine. Take what you need. Your reaction is strong and tiring because your discernment is what keeps you from becoming what you disdain. Your victories are more than spoils…They are the fortification of an empire in which you wield power with purpose. Not mindless cruelty."

Her lips curved just slightly again while her fingers tightened in his.

"Besides…Impaling only provides fleeting satisfaction. It's over much too quickly."

Was she serious?

Only Empyrean would know.

Last edited:

"My belated congratulations on your wedding," she said, as if she and Carnifex hadn't wavered between rivals, enemies, and uneasy allies any number of times in murky days of yore.

It was just a few weeks since he had met another Varanin. To his surprise she had revealed that her mother was alive and well.

Kadann had been a Jedi Master with the Republic, before it had been burned to the ground by the One Sith. He had been a hopeful young man during the fight with the old Sith Empire and had been under the impression that she had not survived that war.

Now, since his fall, Kadann was little more than an advisor and saber for hire. He was currently under the employ of House Marr. Seeing another round of simmering tensions as different sects of sith came together, he could understand why any prominent sith would build contingency plans.

Being personally fascinated by this, he tried to catch the eye of the older Varanin, keeping his arms crossed over his chest. He waited patiently.

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows
"Quite the gift, very generous." He rubbed a thumb along the bone, feeling the power and skill that went into it's craft. "I have no doubt that I will make great use of this."

The approach could have gone any number of ways, and Ashin relaxed fractionally. The mask really was vastly useful — for ferreting out assassins, leveraging Jedi Masters' death tolls and hypocrisies, sizing up new acquaintances by a fairly reliable metric.

She murmured pleasantries and moved on. Others were waiting in line.

he tried to catch the eye of the older Varanin, keeping his arms crossed over his chest. He waited patiently.

Everyone watched everyone at an event like this. Certain kinds of watching signalled a willingness to engage given the opportunity. Under one face or another, Ashin had spent far too much time parsing such things in the royal courts of Eshan and Naboo. She approached Kadann Kadann in full expectation that he wanted to talk.

"Ashin Varanin," she said. "Have we met? My memory isn't what it was."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom