Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SWTOR: Does anyone here play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netherworld

well, not entirely! maybe it impaired the people's ability to fully move their jaws. ….or something x)

@noxu
always glad to make you feel special. :D

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I got to level 10 as a Jedi during launch...
___

"Oh no! All of our Padawans are under attack by an army of Flesh Raiders! What do we do? ...I know! ...We'll send this new guy out handle it all by himself. Great idea. ...And remember! Don't die now! Ta ta. Farewell." - Jedi Retard of the Opening Scene

"What? Who me? Yes, I'm a Jedi Master. And I can teach you all of these amazing lightsaber skills. What? Fight those evil Flesh Raiders just beyond this railing? Don't be ridiculous. Thats what your here for. Don't be lazy Padawan. I've got skills to sell." - Jedi Skill Trainer on the Front Lines

"Wow! You defeated all those Raiders AND uncovered secret Dark Jedi plot to overthrow the Jedi? All on your first day? Good job. Here's a new set of pajamas and a training saber. ...Cause remember! Lightsabers are really dangerous for widdle Padawan learners. Tsk tsk." - A very absent-minded Jedi Council

"Congrats! You just killed your 1000'th opponent this week. Your off to a great start Padawan. Keep up the good slaughter." - Random Jedi
___

...The I rage/quit and went back to Halo.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Confrontational, aren't we Halik. Haha. But since you asked, I suppose I must consider answering. Lol.
1. Community: My friends and I all have the game and play together often. It is a fun social interaction.
2. Skill: I'm pretty good at it. Pawning noobs and scrubing pros is fun. People tend to enjoy things they excel at.
3. Immersion: Halo contains some of the most wonderful and memorable scores since Star Wars itself. It sounds beautiful. And the artistry is pure glorious even as it ages.
There, are other reasons of course. But these three are the most important. I won't compare the games, as MMO and FPS demand a different experience. Needless to say, its personal preference. However, I will complain that for all Bioware's skill at storytelling. I found the Jedi story to be almost completely insulting. Thus a rage/quit before even leaving the homeworld. Haha. It is a personal failing of mine that I did not branch out further with alternative characters. But such is life and popular entertainment.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I find your persistence... Amusing. However, persistence and unshakable faith can chisel away at even the most stout-hardy of opinions. I will say, that it is not an amazing story by any academic means. And the company Microsoft is nobodies favorite God in Entertainment. But it is exactly the games own damning persistence that has convinced me of it's virtues. Well. That, and every time I hear the announcer say: "Kill-tacular", I smile just a little bit more on the inside.

KaBoom! Haha. :D :p

Netherworld

what is this amazingly suckish story, then? :D

also, I agree. the Jedi Guardian is really just...meh. I play it DC to at least enjoy some Jedi Council outrage. :p

I feel like something to consider with the whole Jedi beginning is that you aren't just some no name apprentice. You've got something of a background to you. And part of that combined with the fact that the problem is happening THEN AT THAT MOMENT is why you're picked to go deal with it. Something that is often lost when playing an MMO is the fact that within the story things are happening as you do them. Its not like this Flesh Raider thing has been happening for days and all the masters down in the temple are just waiting for you to happen to come on by.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Thoughfully, that makes sense. Sadly, my gameplay experience was a mild bit different. Maybe it was all the new people around, running off to accomplish the same dire quests. Or maybe it was the persistence of the zone in foiling my heroics. Mostly it was the idleness of the NPC's and the respawning of the prisoner cages that blasted away my wall of immersion. The chat channel that spammed for groups or for items. I couldn't help but furrow my brow and silently curse at my bad luck and low level.

Halo offered me the empowerment of a Demi-God and the arsenal of a King, even in Multiplayer. KOTOR however seemed a never ending grind for such power and utility. Intermingled with pop-up updates about Reddit, Gold Prices, and NOOBs_LFG. (Damn it. Didn't I say I wouldn't compare. Ugh. I hate me some days. Haha.)

But enough about my distastes. They are old wounds that festered long ago. Opinions that once where but soft as the summer wind, have grown petrified with my disgruntled patch-work memory. ...Tell me of your love for KOTOR, Halik. I want to hear of praise and of rejoicing! Perhaps your zeel for Bioware might weaken my brittle heart. :D :p

Netherworld

what, no smart-ass comment? :D

No-one in the right mind would sing absolute praise to TOR, or any other game, for that matter. there are just some that have leave much to be desired, compared to others that don't. :D

I think it is a good game. It has eight strong storylines. I'm intrigued how the expansion is going to play out given how some of them end. The worlds were engaging. The companions were fun. One thing I disliked was that only one companion (your first one) had a quest line in the game. Would have liked more. Some don't need it. Xelek is pretty much covered without one. However... Andronikus Revel could definitely use one.

PVP was some of the best MMO PVP I've ever experienced. Very fun. Different at times. Little broken and flawed at points. But eh. Heaps of fun.

Netherworld

*nether agrees*

indeed. I like the way they managed to merge (or at least half-merege) RPG and MMO. it's a fun combo, and the idea of heroics, flashpoints and warzones really did it for me. The only big drawback of the game is it's full-experience cost, in my opinion. I hate subscriptions; it's why I rarely play MMOs as of late. It just sucks to have to continuously pay for a game, while there are some that you can have a whole lot of fun with just by paying once. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom