Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Thyrsian Sun Guards

Status
Not open for further replies.
7m0q8vp.png

UQdU2QC.png

= OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION =
Intent: To create the Standard NPC Unit Entry for The Golden Company.
Image Credit: Halo Arena Vision Piece, by John Liberto [x] and Halo Achillies Armour Preview, 343's Halo Waypoint [x] - Recoloured and Edited by Khonsu Amon utilizing Pixlr Photo Editor and FontMeme Image Generator. Thyrsian Post Breaker(s) made by @ghostwrite.
Role: Former Special Forces, Mercenaries [Rank and File.]
Links: The Golden Company [x], Thyrsian Sun Guard [x], Linked Below.

= GENERAL INFORMATION =
Unit Name: Thyrsian Sun Guards of the Golden Company.
Affiliation: The Golden Company, The Supreme Sun Guardian, The Highest Bidder.
Classification: Heavy Mechanized Infantry, Special Forces and Mercenaries.
Equipment:
  • Primary Weapons:
    VW-01 "Fatebringer" Repeating Gauss Carbine [x] - Standard Issue Service Weapon.
  • VW-02 "Icarus" Solarized Beam Rifle [x], with attached Generator - Cohort/Fireteam Support Weapon.
  • TTH/SIR-001c "Helius" - Pattern Battle Rifle [x]

[*]Secondary Weapons:
  • VW-03 "Apollo" Solar Ionization Pistol [x] - Standard Issue Sidearm.
  • Dissuader KD-30 Slugthrower Pistol [x], with Xenoboric Cartridges [x] - Secondary Issue Sidearm.

[*]Melee Weapons:
  • Telescopic Thyrsian Force Pike [x] - Standard Issue.
  • Thyrsian Force Lance [x] - Uncommon; Small Outrider Detachments.
  • Combat Vibroknife [x] - Standard Issue.
  • Plasmatic Vibrosword [x] - Standard Issue.
  • Thyrsian Talwaar [x] - Uncommon; Small Outrider Detachments.
  • Thyrsian Pentag Blade [x] - Uncommon; Small Outrider Detachments.

[*]Armour and Equipment:

= COMBAT INFORMATION=
Unit Size: Large Rating - Limited to a total of ~10,000 standing Sun Guards.
Unit Availability: Rare - Limited to a Maximum of Three Legions per Operational Theatre. (Ensures Unit Survivability despite any Losses incurred.)
Deployment: Limited - Heavily Reliant on the Thyrsian Auxilia for Numerical Superiority.
Unit Experience: Combat Veterans.
Combat Function Overview: Lightning, and Mechanized Assaults; Clandestine Operations and Sabotage; Mechanized Starship Boarding Actions; High-Value Target Assassinations; Rapid-Response Defence Force; Unparalleled Urban Warfighters; Veteran Vehicle and Starship Operation; Champion Headhunters; Etc.
Habits Overview: Adaptable Pack Tactics - Primarily; Stubborn Gloryseekers; Soldiers of Fortune - Swaps to the side of the Highest Bidder without remorse.
Goals: Victory - and the Glory and Wealth that comes with it.

Traits:
  • [Strength] Former Special Forces, Elite Mercenaries, Combat Veterans: While much of the organization was formed out of former Thyrsian Special Forces, throughout the formative years of the Golden Company's history, more and more recruits from outside the Thyrsus system began signing up. Thus, their experiences bled into the whole, making the Sun Guards stronger.
  • [Strength] Versatile Combat Unit: (Adaptive Combat Tactics and Strategies.)
  • [Strength] Thyrsian Martial Arts and Thyrsian Battlesight: (Training Required.) [x]
  • [Strength] Formidably Armed and Armoured: When credits are king, and the organization foots the bill for a standardized ensemble, the Sun Guards of the Golden Company often find themselves spending their hard-earned spoils on enhancing their arms and armour. This ensures that the Sun Guards are well-equipped to tackle any reasonable threat that comes their way.
  • [Weakness] Limited Deployment; Easily Outnumbered: Sadly, when equipped with the best that credits could buy, or that nimble fingers could steal, having the ability to deploy en masse was exchanged for a more elite fighting force. Quality over quantity.
  • [Weakness] Soldiers of Fortune; Loyalty for Hire: Like any band of Mercenaries, Credits are king, and they will do anything to serve their benefactor's request - be they the original contractor, or the new one.
  • [Weakness] Techno-Warlordism; Internal Strife: As the Thyrsians are a militaristic people, they often fight amongst themselves to prove who among their number is supreme. This inspires a competitive nature between the Sun Guards, which often occurs during deployment - and often to their detriment.
  • [Weakness] Overconfident; Sins of the Ego: Combat Veterans who remain in the field and are victorious, often develop a sense of overconfidence - which can often lead towards the death of their comrades or get themselves killed in the process.
  • [Weakness] Kinslayers; Cowardice begets Death: Due to the ideologies of the Sun Guard, Cowardice is a cardinal sin to the organization at any rank. Displaying such craven behaviour in battle usually amounts to being expelled from the Sun Guard, however, should the deed be grievous enough, the Coward is subjected to a Summary Execution.
  • [Weakness] Massed Electronic Warfare: If countered by massive mag-pulse weaponry, the technological supremacy of the Sun Guard would be blunted; however, such counter was a double-edged sword due to the indiscriminate nature of mag-pulse weaponry.
Tactical Organization:
  • Lances (4 Sun Guards, and Respective Arming Thralls with a Stellar Decanus.)
  • Cohort (39 Sun Guards, and Respective Arming Thralls with a Stellar Centurion.)
  • Legion (119 Sun Guards, and Respective Arming Thralls with a Stellar Tribune.)
Overall Strength: Approximately ~10,000 Sun Guards.

Organizational Hierarchy: [x]

The Golden Legions.
  • Stellar Legionnaire.
  • Stellar Decanus. (Commands a Lance.)
  • Stellar Centurion. (Commands a Cohort.)
  • Stellar Tribune. (Commands a Legion.)
The Officer Caste.
  • Twisuns Legate. (Commands Two to Four Legions.)
  • Twisuns Praetor. (Commands Four to Eight Legions.)
  • Thychani Commander. (Commands Eight to Sixteen Legions.)
  • Thychani Dictator.
  • The Supreme Sun Guardian.
8q7FmkT.png

UQdU2QC.png

Description: The Sons of Thyrsus, or more formally known as the Thyrsian Sun Guards, were once one of the most feared and ferocious bands of mercenaries to ever populate the galaxy in the times before the darkness of the Gulag Plague. Formed from renegade elements of Thyrsus’ Special Forces, who fought for their Homeworld’s independence from the matriarchal society of Eshan, and the Echani Command thereafter, eventually forcing both sides to sign the Pact of Almera. With their planet freed from the oppressors of Eshan, those rebel soldiers banded together to form the first Sun Guard, laying the future foundations of what would later become the Golden Company, and took to the stars in search of fame and fortune. Cultivating a fearsome reputation that rivalled only that of the Mandalorian’s themselves, the Sun Guard’s of old were soon manipulated and tricked into becoming secret servants of the Sith, and their descendants throughout the ages.

When the future Emperor had devised his grand ascension to the throne, and the galaxy was engulfed by the fires of the Clone Wars, the Sun Guards endured the greatest betrayal they had ever known at the hands of their Master. Hundreds were put to the sabre, and those that survived had found themselves divided. A schism occurred, where dozens flocked towards the newly ordained Emperor and found themselves forming the Core of his Royal Guard. The others, who saw their Overlord for what he was, returned to Thyrsus and began to rebuild. Until the Yuuzhan Vong had come from beyond the edges of the Galaxy, the legacy of the Sun Guard’s - like the Jedi before them - faded into myth and legends. When War once again engulfed the Universe, the Sun Guards roused themselves from their fabled slumber and fought against these Extragalactic Invaders. An act that aroused their warrior’s spirit and rekindled their desire to retake what was once lost. Not even the darkness of the Gulag Plague could douse the burning embers of their reclamation crusade. Today, years after the spark of civilization returns to the centre stage, and as the drums of war beat from one edge of the galaxy to another, the Sons of Thyrsus take up arms once again in pursuit of glory and the fortune that follows.

As was tradition, the Thyrsian Sun Guard scour the stars as a nomadic pack of carrion birds, picking where they fight to earn their keep and carefully choosing who they adopt into their ranks. Those that are selected are often renegade Sons of Thyrsus or able-bodied soldiers who’ve become distraught with their commanders, Veterans with years of experience notching their belts. Though there are some exceptions to this clause, the Thyrsian Sun Guard believe that Warriors are forged in the heat of battle, and train their provisional recruits during their active missions - or during live-fire exercises, anything to keep their skills honed and sharp. Those that failed, or breached the strict code of conduct, were either expelled from the organization - or slain by their commanders should they cower in fear during combat. There was no greater sin to the Sons of Thyrsus than backing down from a fight, and thus the punishment duly deserved was death. Like their ancestral kin, the Thyrsian Sun Guards excelled in close-quarters combat and were able soldiers who were able to adapt and respond to any threat that came their way. They considered themselves masters of versatility in the realms of strategy and tactics and adorned their iconic golden armour with a variety of weapons to accomplish the task at hand. Chief among these deadly arms was the Force Pike - a newly recovered variant that once served those who guarded the Emperor himself.

Much like their genetic cousins, the Echani, a vast majority of Thyrsians kept the traditions of their ancestors alive, despite the massive religious divergence, which in turn allowed them to read another combatant’s body language, and predict their next move. The severity of this power was entirely dependant on one’s training, and would vary from one Son of Thyrsus to another - but much to the chagrin of those Sun Guards not born of Thyrsus, such a gift was not transferable. However, what was often exchanged instead was the experiences that every soldier brought to the table. With a wide variety of military backgrounds in play, the Sun Guards can prove to be a formidable force upon the battlefield. However, such a reputation comes with its own ingrained weakness, as the Sun Guard mercenaries would often find themselves outnumbered and outmatched, both by numerical advantages and the nigh-godlike powers of a trained Force-wielder. When the Thyrsian's would find themselves held at such a disadvantage, they would adopt a more unorthodox style of warfare that would either see the job done or litter the battlefield with golden corpses.

Thus, by using unconventional and adaptive combat tactics, as well as their technological supremacy, the rank and file mercenaries of the Golden Company would ensure that the legacy of Thyrsus would be reclaimed… one way or another.

Modification Summary:
  • Added Thyrsian post breakers, along with with their source creator.
  • Overhauled Equipment section with proper links, and new additions to the Sun Guard's arsenal, with listed limitations.
  • Fleshed out the Combat Information section to bring submission up to current Codex standards, with listed limitations.
  • Added the rank of Stellar Decanus, and the Lance to Unit's Tactical and Organization categories.
  • Added a numerical breakdown of Unit Composition and Strength.
  • Reworded one of the listed weaknesses, and added an additional weakness.

[member="Khonsu Amon"]

Okay, this is a comprehensive submission, so I am going to go through it piece-by-piece with you.

Usually we request for templates to be adhered to completely, but you did not remove anything and simply added some additional information that gives your submission some more depth. I am okay with that.

One thing I immediately notice- your equipment field has a fragmentation field, right now it leads to a blank page instead of the actual wikia page.

The Thyrsian page mentions that they share the same knack to reading and figuring out the next move of their opponents, so that's mostly fine. But you are linking to a precognition page which suggests an innate force ability. I am not getting that from either the Echani page or the Thyrsian page, can you clarify that for me?

I am gonna need you to clarify just how much versatility we are talking here. This unit's strength lies in adaptibility and that's completely fine, but we need to find a few boundaries for balance sake.

Clarify/edit these things for me and I will read it over again.

Sorry about that broken Link, I've been doing a lot of transfers between my desktop and laptop since the former is having issues accessing the site. Must've miscopied. Ah well, I've relinked it to the correct wiki page, so server's providing, it works from here on in.

When I read the articles pertaining to the Echani and Thyrsian Battlesight, it kept directing me towards the small paragraph at the bottom of the precognition page that detailed this innate, if not racial "power" was something that wasn't utilizing the force at all. That the severity of how adept the Echani/Thyrsian was at reading his or her opponent depends entirely on how they trained themselves. I've changed the link to hopefully direct towards the small blurb about Thyrsian differences on the Echani Wiki page and will be shortly writing something to flesh out the description a bit.

I think it's fair to say, that with such a diverse background the Sun Guards will be drawing from - either in the past or the future - the versatility aspect would be more pointed towards their overall combat tactics and blended strategies. As I'm doing to the point as mentioned earlier, I'll add something to explain this strength as well.

I'll edit this post with a tag when I'm done.

[member="Jairus Starvald"]

[member="Khonsu Amon"]

Had a good look and thought about it for a while, I like the more 'flavor' way of describing the strengths and weaknesses. I understand what you are going for here, but I am gonna need you to add an extra line or so of clarification. Mostly so people have a better overview of what these guys are about without having to dig through the entire submission.

[member="Khonsu Amon"]

You clearly put a lot of thought and work into this and I love that. These guys are rare, got enough weaknesses that can make them ineffective and the strengths are pretty reasonable for an elite fighting force.

So this gets my stamp, enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom