Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Death Watch Rebellion of Mandalore Hex vs. Dominion

I'd be willing to say you could launch your fighters in your opening post, too, if you're jumping into what you know to be a war zone. You could have pilots in their ships prior to exiting hyperspace. I wouldn't do anything but say you launched them and they're forming up into their squads, though.

And the rest was pretty good, though.

Aleksander Miles said:
[member="Kalius Aegrus"]

I just enjoy writing larger fleets because I enjoy the greater amount of strategic nonsense I can attempt to pull off.
I was the Mandalorians' primary fleeter for years. What I found was that the larger the fleets, the more it just turned into an ugly brawl. A handful of highly specialized ships designed to operate in tandem produces the highest opportunity for tactical bullshittery. The bigger problem though is that most people have no idea how SW technology or Newtonian physics work, which leads to a great deal of nonsense. Simple stuff like "SW Stygium and Herpaderpium cloaks can't be used while entering or leaving hyperspace, or the ship explodes" or "Herpaderpium cloaks are double-blind and can't be used in asteroid fields" or "Your ship cannot back up at the same speed it moves forward" gets overlooked by a lot of writers and leads to a great deal of headaches when the tactical-minded writer is too busy bashing his head against the desk to enjoy the thread.

Thus, I lost interest in fleeting, the factory, and chaos as a whole. That, and the widespread mimicry of my designs (which were innovative at the time, and are now just... Standard).

So for me... 1-3 ships filling a support role is more fun now. And even then, I don't go out of my way to get involved in such things. Only reason I've got Olivia in the thread at all is because the Space Marines deployed an army right in front of Mishka, and it wouldn't make sense for Olivia not to show up at that point.

Witty banter aside…

I do think this is a good opportunity. Rebellions are open. This is an opportunity for factions to take off their gloves and hit their enemies (IC) without the concern of taking or defending territory.

There are large areas where battles can take place in this Rebellion…not just the waste land of Mandlore.

Let this mark an epic moment on the Chaos time line! Release your inhibitions and just have some fun!

[member="Garith Darkhold"]
That would be fun, but alas the Ascendancy has no IC enemies left aside from the Dominion dregs in the area.

And I have no interest in starting unnecessary wars, lol. I'll probably withdraw my fleet next post.

[member="Ignus"]

A wolf does not ask why it needs to feed, it just does. The deer does not ask why it needs to run, it just does to survive.

A wise man does not wish war, but a wise man will pick his battles to win all future wars.

[member="Ignus"]

Garith SR current IC view point he would not wish to see large scale wars all around Mandlore.

As a writer looking for epic stories to write in and read… Yes I will try to promote more activity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom