Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Episode V: Akala Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
[member="Nei Laa"]

Voidstalker turned his eyes skyward. The sky was an incredibly slim slither that ran into the distance. He looked to the base of the far wall, and made a guess at its distance, then looked back to the top and tried to guess it's height. He worked with fire support for a time during his military career, he had a reasonable understanding of the maths to work this out.

"If that's a straight wall, that's got to be about two clicks straight up," he said, slowly shaking his head. "Are you a mountaineer by any chance?"

"I did have one other thought, but it's going to sound... A touch crazy?"

One simple nod acknowledged the information regarding the strange nature of the Force in the real world. It was a scary thought; as someone who placed all of her faith and devotion into the Light Side of the Force, Elizie could not imagine the Force failing her. Still, whatever had happened to the Force in the galaxy would not stop the Arkanian Padawan from leaving this place. Following the fellow Padawan, Elizie walked in swift strides that carried her over the puddles of blood and bones, each step filled with anticipation of getting back home from this horrible place. All Jedi had to stand together, help the poor people of the galaxy after this event. Maybe even send some rescue team into this place? That would be very good, to guide the poor sentients towards the portal and get them back home. She wondered what was left of the Republic, of her homeworld... of all the people! The large amount of souls wandering this hell meant the galaxy had been depopulated by several billions at least.

After a bit of walking, she finally spotted the sign. She raised her eyebrow, but said nothing. That thing wasn’t there before, so it had to be her fellow Padawan’s work. An approving glance was cast his way before she turned back to the portal, a bloody puddle. She wouldn’t have stepped into it if not for Uri telling her this was the way back, but alas, she knew what it was right now and decisively marched right into it, eager to feel the Force again, to let the Light Side fill her body on the other side. As she fell, everything went black. Had Elizie known what awaited her on the other side, she would have never stepped into the bloody chasm.

[member="Uri Aureleos"]

Allies: [member="Darth Veles"] / [member="Miles Varden"]​
For every creature that fell to her blade, two more would take its place. We are going to be overrun. With the threat of death's fingers drawing closer to her in the form of the plant-zombies, she buckled down her emotions and fought as if there would be no tomorrow unless she changed the outcome here and now. Then appearing out of thin air, the one she had seen running outside had appeared. And spoke to her. "Dead? You're dead," she responded feeling shocked by the revelation, "Nice to meet you Avreet. If we don't get out of her soon, I will be joining you in death." With a loud crash, more of the cities residents began to pour out and the brave Mon Calmari stepped in front of her and ignited his blades. Her eyes saw the colour of them and took a step back. Sith.

The arrival of Miles broke her gaze from the crimson blades. "On it." She quickly ripped a piece of cloth from her right sleeve and secured it around her mouth and nose. With a small glance toward the Sith she added, "Together." Without wasting any more time in this place, the Vahla began cutting into the creatures opening a path to anywhere but here. They were looking for a staircase or turbolift or anything that could take them to the top.

Uri exhaled a little bit in relief when he saw that his sign was still standing up straight. "It's right here," Uri pointed to one of the many puddles. He waited for Elizie and watched to make sure she made it through first before he went in himself. His plan was to make sure she made it to the other side then he would comeback in to try and find more jedi and Republic.

Left the Nether to Alderaan

[member="Elizie Adasca"]

The Labyrinth

From its conception a labyrinth has always been a euphemism. A punishment for the guiltless, its mission was to trap occupants. However, as it was not a prison, it sought to do this without bars, doors, guards, or keys. The “prisoner” was to roam -- to escape or languish, to live or die -- by their own volition. Of course, this was purely illusion. The intention was for them be forever lost.

Where might you have encountered a Labyrinth in your own life?

Dead-end job. Addiction. Cyclical depression. Poverty. Unrequited love. PTSD.

Every region of Hell – right here, right now.

The peripheral maze of the Labyrinth had been equipped with all the decoration to evoke mortal terror. Blood soaked the ground like a particularly rainy Wednesday, and Benedict sloshed about it in his combat boots, reading the cautionary graffiti that begged him to turn back.

You want to know about magick, squire? Sure – I can tell you about magick.

But there weren’t never a “Beware of Dog” sign that kept Benedict Eden out of a yard.

“Muladhara,” the Guttermage expressed flatly, unabashed; and he walked on, even as the walls stretched up into the sky, smeared with the red of the more desperate of the dead.

First, you’ve got to declare yourself a Magickian. That’s it. The whole Initiation. Tell everyone, or don’t; I don’t give a toss of Darth Vornskr’s beard, nor the luxurious platinum locks of Darth Adekos. It’s the declaration, squire – It’s the opening up to the big karking picture and the terrors waiting along the periphery.

The sound of warping metal, of steel walls scraping along stone, shrieked by him. He did not turn, however, for he knew there was no exit anymore.

A path not missing, but never offered.

After you’ve become “Initiated”, like, you will reach a certain point. It could be today, it could be two decades from now, or, sod it, it could have already happened, back when you were just a wee lad, wiff crap on your fingers and those fingers in your nose who’d never heard nuffink nor never cared for any of all this “magick” rubbish.

“MOM!,” the voice was tiny, distant.

Muffled by a barrier that occupied infinite space.

“KIERON!,” she was a chubby woman, small, older. Collapsed against the maze wall, clawing idly upon it, her dress soaked in the pooled death on the floor.

Benedict noted that while her cheeks were stained with tears, they weren’t smeared with make-up.

“MOM! Where are you?!,” came the voice again.

“I’m here, baby, I’m here! I’m here!”

“Mom, please! I don’t know where I am. I’m scared.” The voice again, crying.

And his mother, her face fixing to split in half, as her words trembled under the weight of her strength.

“Don’t worry, honey, I’m here! I’m not going anywhere!”

This is because, luv, that an Initiation takes place outside of time. It is an Awakening that reveals itself over the full duration of your miserable life. And once it starts, it never finishes, extending forever in both directions

Pain shot through his chest, so sudden and jarring that he buckled in the middle of the hallway, slapping poor Mingus-Dingus against the granite. The head eagerly lapped at all the spilled blood.

You have always been what you are. The kicker, ennit, is trying to suss out just what the kark that means.

And sometimes, that means getting over yourself. Enter: Chapel Perilous.

Benedict grimaced, picking himself off the ground. The ethereal gore threatening to spill from his chest had become a source of sporadic and crippling agony, made all the more unbearable by Mnggal-Mnggal’s prophecy through dark, monotonous poetry, like the mad rambling head of John the Baptist hooked to a Text-to-Speech engine.

Now, if you’re in the dark, old son, I advise you ruddy well turn back now. This next bit requires preparation, like, and if you haven’t the tools, you’re not going to make it. There’s four of ‘em, elemental in nature – Sing along if you know the words:

The Sword of Reason, to cut through the rubbish.

“BENNY!,” he heard, instinctively reaching for his lightsaber. The shrill howl of a ghost beyond the walls. Had it been Avalore?

No. She was gone forever.

Mum? Dad? Gone.

Gaz? Janey? The Mulch Slave? Mick? Heroin? Pastor Ron?

Roddy? No, he knew better.

Gone. All gone.

The Wand of Intuition -- to light the path, yeah? Lest you be lost.

The Guttermage took a long drag from his cigarette, exhaling “Swadisthana,” in a cloud of smoke.

The Pentacle of Valor -- To stand your ground, like. To chase the demons away.

The little ball rattled with the spraycan of Ancient Sith Evil Black tucked away in his back pocket as he, unabashed, set his hand upon the ground and rose from his lurch, continuing deeper into the maze.

And the Cup of Sympathy….Bollocks.

This weapon had been neglected by Benedict, and the cost would surely be his heart. Without a glance, he passed by the howling woman, resenting her for the scalding in his chest.

He hadn’t much a heart anyway.

Once more, the shrill cry of metal walls as the halls shifted, barring the path behind him.

Wind, Fire, Earth, Water. Wiffout these ingredients, you’re liable to lose your head. Fortunately for me, I’ve brought extra, right yeah.

Kill…

Consume…

Grow…

Benedict froze for a moment, recognizing the mood presenting itself in the rotted, disembodied skull he held by the hair in his left hand. “Old habits -- I reckon we never really quit, do we?”

Kill…

Consume…

Grow…

The ground was littered in weapons and armor, varied in time period. Ancient spears alongside crude scatterguns, dark ages, throwback tech, another dark age, a renaissance, modern weaponry, yet another damn dark age, and some weapons we’ve yet to see, all strewn about on the ground together in this rubbish bin of history. Gold coins littered the ground, peppering he bloodied stone with the occasional reflective glint of the jade sun.

Kill…

Consume…

Grow…

“Yeah, mate, I got it,” Benedict muttered, nudging some futuristic murder claw with the steel-toe of his boot.

“Hey!,” called a neighbor; a stormtrooper, standing by a pyre of smoldering Rebel pilot uniforms. “Hey, you!”

Benedict turned to face the trooper, his expression passive at best, livid at worst. He said nothing as the trooper approached, glancing down, and then slowing as he spied the aforementioned head in the hand of the Laughing Magus.

“You…,” he began in his tinny, robotic voice. “You just entered the labyrinth, right? Yeah, I can tell…You don’t look as beaten yet…hah...Do you know where we are?”

“Manipura. And you’re in Hell.” Benedict extinguished his old cigarette, replacing it with a new one, his eyes finding more interest with his lighter than his audience, “What makes you reckon it’s a Labyrinth, old son?

“What do you mean?”

So, if a “prison” isn’t a “prison” when it’s a “labyrinth,” then when is a “labyrinth” not a labyrinth”?

When you’re not going “out,” but “in.” Then it’s a…

“It’s a Yantra,” the Guttermage stated expertly, glancing back to the man as he pocketed his lighter. In the midst of a cloud of smoke, he gestured out o’er yonder, to the mountain central to the maze. “You can tell. That there’s the bindu – bloody center of everyfing, that.”

The stormtrooper was audibly agitated, unsure why this was the conversation prudent to be having, “What the hell does that mean? What do you mean ‘I’m in Hell’?”

“It’s like a mandala, difference being that, ravver than the galaxy, it’s just a Game of You. “ Almost as an aside, he muttered, “As if that's a difference in the state we're in.”

Kill…

Consume…

Grow…

Benedict lifted Mnggal-Mnggal to eye-level, giving him the floor. He was making a point he saw important.

“Manipura,” the Thrice-Damned emphasized once again, as if the trooper should know what he meant. “As above, so below and that. Boundaries, mate. Conquer the galaxy one planet at a time, yeah.”

The stormtrooper stared blankly, an easy feat considering the helmet.

Know the names, draw the lines, memorize the landmarks -- Guard yourself with them, from them. Dice 'em up, rearrange 'em. Trade them with your friends. Make new maps of Perdition. For there ain’t piss-all that binds Chaos like Order.

And should that fail you? Learn to improvise.

“laserbrain?,” Benedict withdrew his carton of cigarettes and extended a single one.

“What? What’d you call me?!” He took a step back, waving his hands in front of him in dismissal, “No, I don’t smoke. Get that out of my face. What’s with all the riddles? Why can’t you just answer my damn question?”

Benedict shook his head in a charade of loss, slapping the trooper on the shoulder in a consolatory gesture, “You’re lost.” He began to walk on.

“My loss?,” the trooper reiterated incredulously.

“That’s not what I said, squire,” he muttered, disappearing down the hall.

Kill…

Consume…

Grow…

Because if you can't adapt, mate...

The trooper attempted to chase after, hesitant in his steps to continue deeper into the maze, “Look, just tell me where you came in!…Please….!”

Benedict didn’t look back, and the walls had begun to shift. “Oh, alright! Well, kark you, buddy!,” the trooper shouted in vain, from somewhere in the Labyrinth. The familiar scream of the changing environment.

And the familiar form of his idol, Emperor Plague-Us,collapsed against the wall of a dead-end, an AR-15 in his hands…

Sooner or later, you’ll be dealt a hand you won’t quite know what to do with.

And a giant gunshot wound, splitting his face in half.

Ignoring the racist remark coming from the man, Avreet glanced at the woman beside him, looking deep into her crimson eyes, the two forming a silent agreement. The Sith Lord noted the woman had taken the necessary precautions to avoid inhaling the spores. Did he need to do it as well? Could he actually die? Given he was already dead, the Mon Cal felt no need to protect himself from the spores, though he did hold his breath - did he actually need to breath? – as he had already died. If he met an unfortunate again, his next destination would hopefully be a better place than this. A nod from the Sith Lord later, the two launched themselves into the zombies, plants, anything that stood in their way, really. Avreet’s complete disregard of the fear of death turned him into a fearsome warrior. Even without the Force, his mastery over Makashi showed, the same style Ventress had used so many years ago now ripping and cutting, stabbing and cleaving, all done in well-coordinated moves that were within the Sith Lord’s blood. He was tireless, lack of fear driving him forward, slaying the beasts that snatched at him, trying to rip him into pieces. It certainly helped Avreet had focused solely on Makashi, perfecting the form instead of delving into other styles of lightsaber combat.

And so the lightsabers created a path through the monsters, floor littered with corpses. While the numbers seemed infinite, the combined efforts of two lightsaber users left a long path of severed body parts covered in plants. The duo of Force users continued towards the staircase Avreet had used earlier to get to the second floor. From there, the three surrounded combatants could try to make their way up or down, though their decision had to be quick. Going down meant fighting their way through hundreds of walking corpses before they could escape into the streets. The way up promised a calmer path, yet also one that threatened to trap them.

[member="Ciara Jevnaker"] [member="Miles Varden"]

[member="Aeizori-Mei Kaeirosae"]

He looked at the group and then at Aeizori. "Hmm... come on Aeizori..." Without warning he peeled off and started heading east towards the river he saw earlier, interested in trying to get the girl out of this place as he knew there had to have been a way for her to get here. His eyes ran across the grounds that leads towards the river he had asaw earlier but he needed a way to find some way out. "Hey Aeizori, you haven't been able to smell mistress right?"

[member="Solan Charr"]

She would blink at the responce, and tilted her head. "Mm... Okay Master." She follows him close behind, sortof like a fox to its owner. She paused, and wondered if she could do that. "I-I-I don't know Master... I-I'm sorry..." She started to whimper, truly expecting to be hit or harmed from not knowing if she could do this or not.

[member="Aeizori-Mei Kaeirosae"]

He looked at her whimper and turned, hugging the girl as he stared at the wastes around them. "Hey, its ok, i wont ever hurt you Aeizori, lets go find your mistress though, ok?" He hated saying that but he didn't want her to be so afraid and scared just because of who it was that she had met in the past. "I promise you, while i am around nothing will hurt you, got it?" He smiled at her and backed up as he started to walk beside her now instead.

Keter

The Renegade
[member="Feena Mason"] [member="Glyph"]

Keter could only shake his head as he followed his wife. "Well, as long as you don't kill him I won't stop you," the blond muttered, glancing at the boy behind them. "I wonder if Felicity or Celeste are here too....I hope not..."

[member="Darth Veles"] [member="Ciara Jevnaker"]

Miles stepped in behind the FU's and covered the rear, loosing bolts by the dozen into the bodies of any of the creatures that came his way. The Lightsaber wielders were good at clearing fields like weed eaters with their laser swords. When his power cell ran out, he slammed in a fresh one, but it was too slow. He slung it on his back, and drew forth the "Butcher". His Phrik made Vibro-axe.

The large head of the weapon cleaved through flesh like butter and even if he missed one, the centrifugal force carried enough wait to plow through the next one in line.

Darth Vashti

D
Whisperstorm

What was this folly?

Darth Vashti was left confused. Here she would wander, curious of where she was and how she got here. A tightening of her mouth drew the Darth, and she cast a look down upon herself.

There was a rare etheral quality to her form; that did not register to the analytical mind of the Doctor.

What she did know is that she felt completely and utterly cut off from the Force.

This required investigation-- moving foward she would start. Up ahead, would be a river...

Turns out, the figure in the distance wasn't a person. It wasn't even living. No, it was something else entirely. This was a cyclone, the biggest one Vi'kas had ever seen. It was going in the opposite direction as he was, so he decided to ignore it and keep on moving. Wind whipping in his hair, he continued walking through the infinite plains. Suddenly, the cyclone stopped, and all the noises ceased. That was, except for the whispers within his head. Then, the cyclone reappeared, winds reversed, heading straight towards him. As it got closer, Vi'kas realised this was no normal cyclone. No, this anomaly was made up of angry midi-chlorians, whirling around at hundreds of miles per hour. He winds tried to suck him in, so he ignited his emerald-colored blade and stuck in into the ground, hoping to lodge himself in place. As the winds grew stronger, he grip began to loosen. Then, enough was enough. He let go of his blade, and flew into the swirling mass before him...

Darth Vashti

D
Whisperstorm < -- > The Ferrymen of the Riverhttp://starwarsrp.net/user/7244-the-ferrymen-of-the-river/

Vashti would arrive at the river, her yellow eyes narrowing upon what was beheld before her.

Other lost souls would surround her, and she was curious to see a portal of some sorts well in the beyond.

Whatever had happened, whatever this was -- it was certain that it would be in her best interests to find a way out as soon as possible. Caution would be wise, for she had yet to determine where she was at.

A ferry man would be standing upon a floating raft.

Quietly, Vashti would make her way to him.

Ciara Jevnaker said:
Allies: [member="Darth Veles"] / [member="Miles Varden"]​
For every creature that fell to her blade, two more would take its place. We are going to be overrun. With the threat of death's fingers drawing closer to her in the form of the plant-zombies, she buckled down her emotions and fought as if there would be no tomorrow unless she changed the outcome here and now. Then appearing out of thin air, the one she had seen running outside had appeared. And spoke to her. "Dead? You're dead," she responded feeling shocked by the revelation, "Nice to meet you Avreet. If we don't get out of her soon, I will be joining you in death." With a loud crash, more of the cities residents began to pour out and the brave Mon Calmari stepped in front of her and ignited his blades. Her eyes saw the colour of them and took a step back. Sith.

The arrival of Miles broke her gaze from the crimson blades. "On it." She quickly ripped a piece of cloth from her right sleeve and secured it around her mouth and nose. With a small glance toward the Sith she added, "Together." Without wasting any more time in this place, the Vahla began cutting into the creatures opening a path to anywhere but here. They were looking for a staircase or turbolift or anything that could take them to the top.
EVENT

The Rift of Love Opens

Netherworld Location: Ruined City Of Hr'Tal
Galaxy Location: Fondor

A skull-faced distorted princess appeared next to [member="Ciara Jevnaker"].​
Her appearance was warped. Black veins trawled down her forehead, her eyes blue and purple. Black lips pursed as she leaned in.​
"You better not be another failure."
A slender, skeletal finger touched the forehead of Ciara and white energy burst forth.​
Ciara's silhouette was blasted with light, only visible as a black shade.​
The ground she stood on was smote with green sparkling energy.​
Akala smiled as the light dissipated, Ciara returning to normal. It would seem as if nothing happened.​
"Finally," she remarked, disappearing again in a white hot flash. One last word could be heard after she vanished. "Progress."
Nothing at all, indeed.​
A5WjJS.png

OOC

This is a rift in the City of Hr'Tal.

Upon hearing [member="Ciara Jevnaker"] speak, you are teleported to the planet Fondor.

Ciara can teleport herself if she talks to herself when no one else is around to hear her.

FORCED CONDITIONAL UPON EXITING THE RIFT
(Your character experiences this as a side-effect)

Once you pass through the Rift, you are made aware of who Akala is and you fall obsessively in love with her.

Falcon Rekali

F
Proximity: [member="Token Waters"]
Gear: Lightsaber, Lonesome Gun, a few daggers, etc.

But then he paused, watching those that had decided to climb to the top. He got the feeling, felt a slight draw to... not the pyre, but the edge of the cliff. He frowned, and placed one foot back. Jumping off a cliff, not knowing what was below? He wasn't sure he was willing to do anything that might have the slightest chance of taking him away from his family in a permanent manner. He looked to the blonde.

"Token," he said, turning around, "I don't know how you feel about jumping off a cliff, but I'm not convinced it'll get me home."

He glanced past her, back in the direction they had come.

"There has to be another way," he continued, "How do you feel about trying to finding it?"

Cliffs. How about no?

Could they just not? She was biting her lip hard, chewing on it, really, and this was Token. She was the type of girl who would try anything once. But... the cliff? She didn't know what was down there, and that was part of what would prevent her from ever being any kind of real Jedi... Fear. She could touch the Force, but she used it to protect in a selfish manner, and to distract a sci-fi bard-monk, really. And that was what was bothering her.

“Normally I'd be all for jumping off cliffs, but I...” She didn't finish the statement and shrugged. “What do you have in mind?”

Aside from going splat, that was.

[member="Falcon Gyndar"]

Falcon Rekali

F
Proximity: [member="Token Waters"]
Gear: Lightsaber, Lonesome Gun, a few daggers, etc.

He crossed his arms a moment or two, then dropped them to his sides and walked past her, away from the cliff and pyre. He gestured for her to follow.

"This can't be the only location," he said as he walked, "the very random, albeit small sample of people at this location leads me to believe - and bear with me, this is highly speculative - that there are others that have been plucked from the galaxy, universe, or what-have-you. A seemingly infinite number of people in the galaxy. How many have been taken from those they love?"

A very small smile lent his mouth a vague curve.

"There has to be other locations in this realm, because if that many people were taken, they're not here with us. They have to be somewhere else. "

This was all seeming like it was pulled from some novel she read somewhere. Another where and when, and portals between worlds? What if there was a Token on this side who was now living on the other side? What if it was her opposite? What if the other Token was going.... to harm someone? And look like her? What if they were going to harm Sindy?

These were the thoughts that the young woman's decidedly overactive imagination had. And really, no one knew for a karking moment what the frell was going on here. Still... Falcon seemed to have a similar idea.

“I mean, it makes sense. Why us, after all? I'm... I'm not even sure where I call home most days, and there are others who have a lot more power than I do.” She could resonate, and make her body go past its limits. Joy.

There were others in the galaxy who could move mountains, who supplied the galaxy with jobs.

“It makes sense we're not the only ones. There has to be somewhere else!” What if it was like a door in a desert? That would be... unexpected.

Still, she was following after [member="Falcon Gyndar"] quickly. Away from the cliff.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Gareth Yalthik"]

Mrrew had been inspecting the lightsaber hilt he'd borrowed from Coci, having never seen a lightsaber closely before, when a voice appeared next to him out of nowhere. The Togorian's first reflex after jumping back was to reach for his blaster pistol.. which, of ocurse, wasn't there. And then the girl that had suddenly apepared began to chant. It reminded him of a hunt he'd been on with Darth Praelior once. Then,before Mrrrew even had time to process another thought, the girl let out a horrible shriek efore dissipearing in a blinding light. And in her place was a hole in the ground... sort of... Like looking through a viewport... At the bottom of the massive fiery hole that hadd appeared the perfect image of a jungle displayed itself. A raining jungle. Not just a still image; an actual jungle... Did they finally find a way out of this hellhole of a forest?

Mrrew glanced aside at Thurion as he spoke suddenly, breaking him out of his thoughts. "Do you have any idea what just happened?" He had said he was a Jedi Master...s houldn't he be familiar with things like this? The Togorian waited for his awnser for a moment, before peering down into the gaping hole. The jungle didn't look familiar, but at least it was somewehre else then this.... Where, though, was a good question. It could be somewhere equally as bad. He didn't reconize the trees, but it was hard to tell form the rim of the gaping hole... He was fairly certain it wasn't Kashyyyk, however. He'd beent here long enoug to nkow that; the branches were obviously too thin for Worshyr's, even from a distance. "...Does anyone have rope?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom