Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Episode V: Akala Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Eternal Queen
-Icky blood wastes-
[member="Keter"] [member="Glyph"]

"Well, clearly not! And we have pictures of him doing it too. From eight different street recordings." Feena answered walking faster to stay clear of Glyph as he followed them, "You know, I think he wants me to hit him again, Keke."

And she was ready for it. She was bored. So bored, she was willing to do just about anything about it.

[member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Gareth Yalthik"]

Mrrew nodded to Coci's request. he didn't much like giving up the only weapon he had that he could actually use, but she had let him borrow her ligthsaber, so it was a fair trade. Besides there were three Jedi here,, or force users of some kind, he wasn't too worried. The Togorian removed his AEL blaster pistol form his holster, and handed it grip first to the [member="Coci Sinopi"]. "I'm going to assume you know how to use that." He knew a lot of force users stuck to lightsabers and swords, but he figured if she asked for it she at least knew the basics. The kolcta tablets was already beginning to take care of the pain in his legs, soon the smaller scratches would be gone. Kolcta's an amazing thing. "Now what?"

[member="Nei Laa"]

He felt none too proud about it, but Jacen didn't immediately move to help. He watched as she slid to the ground, expression blank. She'd be fine for a few moments anyway, it hadn't done him any lasting harm anyway. Kark, at least I hope it hasn’t!

Jacen felt a lot better with his pistol and saber back on his belt, and the canteen back in his pack. He make a sucking noise through his gums and he considered the best way to break the nautolan out of the reverie. Did he do it sharply, or slowly? Ah hell.

Jacen simply stepped between her and the horizon, “Come on, let’s not do that just yet. I need to talk to you about my mad plan.”

[member="Elizie Adasca"] [member="Uri Aureleos"] [member="Ronin Xyhn"] [member="Ailyn Cyar'ika"] [member="Darth Metus"] [member="Shuduc Macar"] [member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Solan Charr"] [member="The Onyx"] [member="Vassara Raxis"]

The girl flinched, and looked over at Solan. "M-Master, w-where are we going? ..." The Ruffer had asked rather curiously. The girl still remained oblivious to the fact that this might be hell, but she kept following. Her tails swayed behind her, and she let out a soft, quiet purr. Slowly but surely, she looked towards the group, and looked at them for only a few moments. She would then resume staring at Solan. "A-Are these your friends?"

"Gareth Yalthik. It's a pleasure to meet you, Coci," he responds, giving her a light smile. He tore off a packet from pad of kolcta tablets, and handed it to her. "You should also keep some of these with you in case of an emergency." Those would prove especially useful to Coci. The better protected she was against danger the happier everyone would be.

Gareth then turned to Thurion. He could guess he would be stubborn. After all, his wife and child was more important to him than his own health. He was like that to once before. He still approached him anyway though. "Er... sir," He called, trying to get his attention. "Would you like me to look after you?" He asked, raising a brow. If not he could always just hand him the tablets. Those worked just as good as the more traditional methods of healing.

[member="Mrrew"] l [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] l [member="Dak Canton"] l [member="Shane Williams"] l [member="Coci Sinopi"]​

Nei Laa

Grumpy cat? No no no -- grumpy squid!
[member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

[SIZE=12pt]It was so peaceful, sitting there. Nei had never known such peace, such…nothingness. In fact, she was perfectly content to just sit there and join the ranks of corpses, becoming one of them soon—[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She jumped as something moved between her and the horizon, instantly breaking whatever spell had ensnared her. The Nautolan looked up at Jacen, bewilderment in her eyes. “What? Do what? What you be talking about?” That was when she noticed herself kneeling.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Quickly scrabbling up to her feet, she dusted off her legs before glaring at the human. “What you do to me, Force User? Why was I kneeling? What plan?” Her tone was sharp and accusatory even as she struggled to understand what happened. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Logically, if Jacen had done some Force Trick on her, what would have been his motive? To kill her? Leave her? Rob her? And if so, why break her hypnosis? Change of conscious? Nei had never been one to do things by logic, so this was just outright confusing, so her best bet was to just see what the human said and go from there. [/SIZE]

"I learned that too when I entered. The force doesn't seem to exist here," he glanced around for a second. "That might be a good thing. Something is wrong with the force back in the galaxy as well... Now's not really the time to talk about it." Uri collected himself then took the Yuuzhan Vong staff of his back and handed it to the Miraluka to use as a crutch and walking stick. At that time the droid came back down to Uri's side.

"We can lead you out of here... Make sure no one gets separated," Uri turned to the little security droid adding that final bit to it before starting the walk back. He turned to make sure Elizie was right behind him. The rest of the people in the entourage worried him but he wasn't the one to deny them the way out. He scanned the horizon keeping watch for the sign he placed to mark the rift.

[member="Ailyn Cyar'ika"] [member="Darth Metus"] [member="Shuduc Macar"] [member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Solan Charr"] [member="Aeizori-Mei Kaeirosae"] [member="The Onyx"] [member="Vassara Raxis"] [member="Elizie Adasca"]

[member="Nei Laa"]

Jacen pondered for just a moment, considering whether to reveal that the Force wasn’t responding to his call anyway. He decided against that course, there was little chance she’d believe him and regardless of any alliance, better to have her think he had those abilities. At least as long as she wasn’t pointing a blaster in his direction anyway.

“Look, that wasn’t me. You look out there and you lose yourself in the infinite. Feels like it goes in and out of focus, but its pulling it with you,” Jacen said, leaning out of the way and back into her line of sight again.

“The problem is, that’s not the worst part. I’ve tried to talk out of here three times. It’s a straight canyon right? But I just end up back here!”
[member="Nei Laa"]

Nei Laa

Grumpy cat? No no no -- grumpy squid!
[SIZE=12pt][member="Jacen Voidstalker"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Nei frowned, still on edge. He seemed to be telling the truth – the man wasn’t giving off any of the usual pheromones people gave off when they were lying. Of course, that could simply have meant Jacen was a master manipulator, too. Albeit, one that seemed to have a conscience. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Oh, kriff it all.[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] If he’d wanted to kill her he certainly could have. She muttered an insult briefly under her breath, averting her eyes when he moved out of her line of sight. If Jacen had been telling the truth about the horizon being the cause, and not him, she certainly wasn’t going to tempt fate. Nei shuddered slightly when she recalled the emptiness. That was one thing she did not want to revisit. Not now, not ever![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She frowned again. “You’ve tried to escape three times?” And no escape? If he was telling the truth, the Nautolan was loath to think about what the implications were. In fact, the thought of just thinking about it made her tresses coil on themselves. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Nautolan looked around the canyon again, though she was careful to avoid looking at the horizon. Tilting her head up to the statues, a thought occurred to her. “Have you tried climbing the walls?”[/SIZE]

Kyla Foy

K
Noticed a rift and this was the moment for him to leave, wherever he would end up, he did not know. The only thing he would know it was safer then the netherworld.

Daella Feanor

D
[member="Vulpesen"]

"O-Okay Daddieh." The child giggled softly, and looked around at where they were at. The area was still as frighetning as before, and she held on to her mother rather tightly.

Connor Harrison

C

You wake up where are you - What's on your mind?
Confusion can't face it - You close your eyes
There's no one to turn to - Nowhere to hide
Deep river cool water - Your love has died

Well I know and you know, we’re killing time
We’re on an Up down see saw… Loop de li...

Holding his torso, Connor stumbled into the rocky terrain, running his fingers over the various hilts and blades embedded in the ground. It sounded as if an eternal war was being fought over head, but as he craned his neck to look, all he heard was the sound of large mechanical cogs ticking over. When he brought his head back down, the war started again.

”Well this is what you're life boils down to Connor - nothing. A waste.”

He spat on the floor, an acidic taste in his mouth.

”Any Silver Jedi here to help? NOPE!” He span around and laughed to himself.

Pulling the lightsaber hilt from his belt, he carried it in his hand and moved in between a patch of blades.

”When I find them...it's going to be on their head...they're all glad you're gone...of course...! Even she is. That's why...she doesn't want to see you again...perfect....”

Chuckling at his own thoughts, Connor felt the pang again, that burning feeling inside his stomach and inside his mind. For over 7 years the Sith Magic had eaten away at him. 7 years. It was only a matter of time. His hand moved to feel his torso, the sickening pattern of indented scars running up his side. The Sith certainly left their mark.

Her doppelganger disappeared, many-eyed and willow-limbed. It was a disappointment. She would have liked to hear just what flesh so pliable would sound like torn apart in the greedy hands of her dead.

But another challenger appeared, much taller than the one that had just fled. He was covered in armor, scaled head to toe in sharp scales that in life she might have admired before taking them for herself.

Raising a hand to the dead that swarmed towards him and crawled over each other with hunger, she halted the creak of their bones and the dry-whisper of their mummified skin. They stood perfectly still, half-liquefied eyes darting between her and her prey. Viktoria raised an eyebrow, considering him as she took a few steps forward, closing the distance between them though she kept enough space to remain out of the path of an easy swing of his sword. “Is that any way to speak to a woman that has an offer for you?” Her sword was still in her right hand, held in a low guard though her body language didn’t speak to any sneak attack.

In life she had gotten her way through one avenue or another. Death was no different. She would drag him in, offer the same faux-trade to his friend that fought against her horde a little farther off. “Sell me your soul and I will tell you how to get home. It’s meant for one devil or another. Sign your soul off so when you meet death it finds its way to me. A small price to pay.” There was no deception in her tone.
[member="Nickolas Imura"] | [member="Verz Horak"]​

Allies: [member="Verz Horak"]
Unknown: [member="Viktoria Zambrano"] [member="Nickolas Imura"]

The undead seemed endless as she moved through them. Their eyes peered at her accusing her of crimes as they struck out to take from her the one thing they no longer had, life. She swung the sword that she had picked up the metal made no noise as it pierced them just as they made the sounds of gasping for air now asking her why?

There was a reprieve as she looked around, What plain of existence would put such challenges to them? She went to speak to Verz from her left two voices called her name. Her green eyes looked over, cautiously. The form of a man and a woman stood there looking at her. Arla knew in her heart that this, these forms were her parents. This would answer the question, they were dead.

She took a step towards them the burning question in her mind that needed an answer if she were to have any future any surety, any calm in her life, "Why?" Her voice reeked of desperation.

They shook their heads not understanding.

Arla took another step, 'WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?" They had left her, her life had never been the same since. She would have answers even if she had to wring it from the lifeless dead bodies.

Objective: Survive
Friends: Miranda
Foes: Everyone

One moment the silhouette had been there, the next it had not.

"Wait, Miranda," Pappy stopped dead in his tracks, leveling his rifle against his shoulder plate and dropping to a knee. "Where did he go? Can you see further than my own eyesight?" It was a question he already knew the answer to, though it felt comforting to be talking during something like this. Dreadguard just simply didn't disappear.

"I can," she paused, squinting, "He's not there. At least not anymore."

The Staff Sergeant remained in place for a moment, heart thumping. His motion sensors pinged, enhanced visual scanners aided his search, and the constant swaying of his rifle only added to his impatience. After what felt like an hour of sitting in a single spot, shifting around only at timed intervals, Marcus decided it was time to depart. It was a sad day to see a brother come and go - even if it may have just been a hallucination.

"Everything okay? We really need to move, like, now." Her image shifted to dance across his HUD, moving to just the corner of his eye. "I really don't want any of those things to come back."

He simply nodded, standing to stretch his legs and begin walking. "I'm ready to leave this hellhole."

"Me too."

Mrrew said:
[member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Gareth Yalthik"]

Mrrew nodded to Coci's request. he didn't much like giving up the only weapon he had that he could actually use, but she had let him borrow her ligthsaber, so it was a fair trade. Besides there were three Jedi here,, or force users of some kind, he wasn't too worried. The Togorian removed his AEL blaster pistol form his holster, and handed it grip first to the [member="Coci Sinopi"]. "I'm going to assume you know how to use that." He knew a lot of force users stuck to lightsabers and swords, but he figured if she asked for it she at least knew the basics. The kolcta tablets was already beginning to take care of the pain in his legs, soon the smaller scratches would be gone. Kolcta's an amazing thing. "Now what?"
EVENT

The Rift of Hate Opens

Netherworld Location: Garden of Thorns
Galaxy Location: Dromund Kaas

"Now what?" [member="Mrrew"] asked.

"Watch this," Akala said, standing next to him with a childish smirk.

A blasting inferno of light erupted from the skies, wrecking its way towards the ground in front of Akala. Her hands glowed red as she seemed to manipulate the air infront of her, her hair waving violently in the blast.

"YES!" she shrieked.

Power emanated from her body. Cackling white and red energy rolled off her back, scorching the very ground upon which she stood.

Black veins throbbed from her forehead.

A gaping hole in the ground, emblazoned with flames burst forth. One would look down it and see the jungle of Dromund Kaas.

She bent over and touched the Rift with one finger and it appeared to shock her with green energy.

"DRAT," she screamed angrily and put her hands on her hips, looking over at [member="Mrrew"]. "What the kark? Seriously."

She began stamping her feet.

"SERIOUSLY!?!?!"

In a ball of white energy, Akala dissipated.

A5WjJS.png

OOC

This is a rift in the Garden of Thorns.

It's a massive fiery hole in the ground. If you jump through, you will be standing in the jungles of Dromund Kaas and vice versa.

FORCED CONDITIONAL UPON EXITING THE RIFT
(Your character experiences this as a side-effect)

Once you pass through the Rift, you cannot help yourself but to continually insult everyone you meet upon exiting.

Vi'kas felt himself falling through the abyss, towards death... then he landed on his back with an *oof*. He lay there on the ground for a few minutes, gasping for air. Am I dead? he wondered. After looking around, he answered himself. No, I must be back in the nether realm, but where are the pools of blood? He grimaced, remembering how unpleasant his first visit here was. He felt voices whispering in his head, but they were inaudible. His those thoughts, he trudged out, looking for an exit.

Allies: [member="Vilaz Munin"]

This barren and fruitless land that stretched beyond the veil of even enhanced telescopic eyesight was no more impressive than the vast plains of other solitary planets that floated out there in the domain of space. It wouldn't rival the sense of despondency that Korriban would offer, or rival the great plains of Dantooine - and yet something about it felt completely ethereal in nature. The lack of weather was one peculiar strain that despite it's atmosphere being apparent and breathable, there was nothing to stir the elements, no clouds to grace the sky or gusts of wind - even at the mouth of the canyon. Wherever the Mandalorians had found themselves was a chasm that defied natural law, and it was reasonable to suggest that both himself and the Rally Master ascending the cliff face were likely in a place where death had brought all these wailing souls. Haraan was the name their people gave it, a place of despair and tragedy. To find yourself there meant that the Manda did not accept you, that you were not the honorable warrior that faced death in the face and took your final breath with glory. If Azrael had been alone, he might of felt far more worried about this canyon, but at least Vilaz was there to ease his mind.

:: Slow and steady vod. :: Azrael cautioned while he took to his knee, watching Vilaz scale the cliff face hand over hand, likely using the same grip holes that he had previously made on his own climb. :: I'm not even sure we're in the Galaxy to be honest, nothing here feels right, and the sight from here only cements that belief. :: A nod in reference to the wailing of millions of souls that were looking for freedom. Contact with anyone else had been null and void, as the passage of time seemed to stand still. There were so few markers in this realm, so few things that might even gauge the passage of time. Neither dusk nor dawn illuminated the land, but a hazy shade of green and muted brown tones littered the landscape before them. Once Vilaz came towards the precipice, Azrael lowered his bionic arm and grasped the Rally Master's wrist, pulling him up to his feet and onto the very top of the canyon wall. :: It does my kar'ta well to know I'm not facing this world alone. :: There was no fear in that statement, as neither would fear this place, but a relief of sorts that they could conqueror this plain together.

:: Come :: Azrael beckoned his Rally Master and shifted on foot to flank Vilaz and move towards the mound of rock and stone that sheltered their current vantage point. Moving around the obstruction, the vast sea of wailing souls was in full view. Sentients in all shapes and sizes calling out with wailing voice and waving arms, begging for salvation from every angle. The canyons, the valleys, the peaks and the formations beyond them in an ever expanding landscape. All of them crying in continuous rhythm as if their chanting was some sort of punishment or fate they had fallen into. :: I still don't know where we are vod, but one thing is for certain - we are not alone. ::

Vi'kas wandered through the unknown lands of the Netherrealm, completely lost. The voices were getting louder and louder, hour after hour. He heard thunder boom overhead, and saw red lighting strike the ground on the infinite plains before him. Several times, he nearly fell into red cracks in the ground. Upon further examination, the crack were thin chasms in the ground, with souls of the damned grasping out at him, unable to leave their hellish prisons. He grimaced, resolving to watch where he was stepping from now on.

Suddenly, he saw movement in the distance. It wasn't much, but it was there. It was far away, but it was all he had. He stood up from his crouching position, and began to move towards the distant movement.

Garden of Thorns
[member="Coci Sinopi"] | [member="Mrrew"] | [member="Gareth Yalthik"] | [member="Dak Canton"] | [member="Shane Williams"]

Pausing the tedious work of cutting through the thick wall of thorns, Thurion turned to the man offering to patch him up as well. He looked to Coci, then over at Mrrew. "All yours, big guy." Taking a seat next to Coci, he let Gareth go to work on his wounds. "We'll get out of this place, yet. Then we'll find Nina and get to safety." His hand found hers as the antiseptic did what it supposed to do. "Thank you, Gareth. I am Thurion Heavenshield, Jedi Master. Though I gather that doesn't matter much in this place, does it?" He then put his arm around his fiancée, holding her close.

It was then that the sudden and unexpected appearance of a young woman had him rise from his "seat", making sure to stand between her and Coci. "Wha--" Without even finishing a single word the white-haired lady had begun what appeared to be some kind of summoning ritual. Seconds later she let out a loud shriek before vanishing into thin air, in her place stood what looked like a gateway - a portal of some sort. "...Okay, what the kark was that?" Probably the first ever curse word uttered by him, but the situation quite frankly demanded it be said.

Taking his beloved by the hand, he inched towards the portal in the ground, swirling and roaring like an inferno. Gazing down into it he saw what he could only describe as jungle. He didn't dare assume it was Tabaqui - that would be too easy. It looked too dreary, and it looked like it was raining. Two things Tabaqui seldom shared. "I think... I think it's a gateway to another world. I've not come across any jungle since arriving here, so at least it's a way out. To where, though..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom