Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction [GA/SO] Convergence — Junction of Naalol and Eiattu 6

Sith-blood.png

Tag: Vince Vince
This was Rosalia's first encounter with a lightsider. True to form, he was kind and quick to help. The acolyte wondered if those qualities meant that he'd be quicker to get himself killed. He had the physique of a fighter, but she didn't think he would stand a chance against the masters she'd seen in the Order.

It only fueled her desire to grow stronger.

And she wondered – could she herself take out someone like him? Her dark eyes lingered on him for a moment. Just being near him was stirring up anger within her, which she did her best to quell. Wait, just wait… If she was going to try, she'd need his attention drawn elsewhere.

"Others?" she asked. "The Alliance?"

Well, she hadn't thought of that. The teen knew that she'd need to keep this young man separate from his allies for as long as possible. Or she'd need to abandon him before it came to that.

As they continued, the feeling of darkness and forboding only grew. There was a shadowy presence, one she may have said was Sith… but it seemed different somehow. But she knew the feeling projected by this being: it was hungry.

"I feel it," she said, whispering. "Something is here."

Rosalia's eyes were wide, but maybe not as frightened as they should have been.

OBJ: Tear Down Walls and Bad Guys
Enemies: Sith( Kalzok Kalzok )
Allies: GA
Loadout: Battlefield

Vulpesen's wings flared out as the swords came at him, and a frustrated growl ripped from his throat. However, the rumble went unheard as metal screeched, the swords doing their work to wreck his raven wings before pulling back to protect their master from the shattering stone. "Enough with the kriffing walls!" the Zorren roared, even as stone flew up to form another barricade. He didn't need to test his raven pack to tell that there had been some major damage. Likely this would be the device's last battle, but it would function for the moment given his purposes.

Flapping the remains of his wings, Vulpesen launched himself into a flip, sinking his feet and claws into the dirt to crawl and vault over it toward his quarry. Peeking his head over the wall, Vulpesen opened his mouth, the lower portion of his mask separating as well to reveal a fanged maw. This time there was no witty banter, no challenge, and know discernable words. Only a loud booming "HOOOOWWWWWLLLL!" Pure destructive force launched its way out from his throat, blasting a path down the center towards Kalzok. Then from behind the wilder, a dozen sharpened steel feathers flutterd away from his wings to dark around the flanks, aiming to pierce the sith from either side.

1722018625038-png.1151

7VaB1in.png
TAG: Darth Strosius Darth Strosius Jarek Voss Jarek Voss

The rain started coming down.

Water and ion mortars together, started coming down on the droids, as the jedi calling herself the Eye of the Storm pushed through the horde like a gust of wind. Liz sliced through sith armor like a knife through butter, before she finally spotted him.

The same sith she had fought many months ago. Under a different name, using an entirely different fighting style.

Now, she came at him as herself. Jonyna Si. A name she hoped would someday be written in the stars.

She didn't have time for petty taunts, or dramatic speeches. On the battlefield, only thing that matters is action, and action was what Jonyna took.

The first move was swift. Jumping off the droid in front of them only to slash her blade straight at Darth Strosius Darth Strosius , but instead of coming down at the man himself, she slashed at the aim in front of him midair. A sonic boom launched off the tip of her blade like a missile and launched itself at the sith lord, before Jonyna followed it like a rocket, a blade slicing at the man's chest with a force of nature.

"Sir, we've got Raven visual on a Trade Federation retreat. Roach held the line, and the Trade Federation is exiting the AO. We can intercept the-"

"Let them go." Gress took a drag, letting out a sigh. "Radio to Roach to hold their position and evac any wounded into the Tigers. We'll pull back wounded and get them to the medical tents behind the lines."

"Copy sir!" Radar saluted, before grabbing his mic. "Hellstomper Bravo to Roach, Droids are pulling back, hold position and set up wounded for medivac in the Tigers. We've got Midnight Train set up behind the lines with medical support."

Gress took a moment, frowning. They needed to capture whatever leadership of the droids they could. Even if the Trade Federation pulled a fast one and deactivated them remotely somehow, having physical proof of the droid involvement would be good enough to pin this on the Trade Federation.

"Demon to Thunderstorm, I want Pumas and Marines pushing forward and flanking the retreat. Capture as many as you can between you and Helldiver."

"Copy sir. Run and Gun will lead the pack."

From within the swamp, 7 Pumas full of marines pushed forward with lightning speed, swinging around in an attempt to cut off the retreating droids.

TL;DR:
Tigers are sticking around for medivac, Gress orders Sara to hold position.
7x Pumas of Thunderstorm push forward and attempt to cut off TF ground retreat.

Last edited:
Objective: II - Naalol: The High Tower
Dialogue Legend: <<Ghoul-Speak>> │ “Galactic Basic”
Tag: Eira Dyn Eira Dyn Ran Serys Ran Serys

“It seeks to distract and buy time.” Phaelissia said over the shared, private comm channel she had with the acolyte as she drew two of her Freezing Fates while the Jedi slipped into cover behind the stone pillar. The sonic neutralization system installed within her neck piece made her voice inaudible to anyone in her vicinity, so that her words were carried only over the network. “We must make time its enemy.” She finished, just before the Jedi started her countdown.

“You have until the count of three.” She informed as she looked toward the sky. She noticed a probe droid that had initially evaded her attention. She wouldn’t comment on it for now. Maybe Ran could turn their perception of having the numbers and the upper hand into a weakness. Ran started counting as she peaked an eye over the pillar to see if the women had done as instructed, and to get a better look at them and assess their threat level.

“How about we count for you, Jedi? Three, two, one!” And suddenly, Phaelissia attacked, deliberately turning off the sonic neutralization system so that the Jedi might hear the mockery made of her words. In doing so, each number was shouted in sync with a throw, with three chakrams launched from her fingers in quick, violent succession over a little less than three seconds. All were delivered in such a way that they carried an arcing, lateral spin, allowing them to curve around the stone pillar before potentially striking the woman positioned behind it in her left and right flanks with throws delivered from 20 meters away!

ggfJ5Fz.png

Flight Lieutenant Shar 'Skids' Sieu
Revenant Squadron, 10th Sector Armada
Objective: Patrol
Equipment:
Alliance-Blue X-wing Starfighter
Callsign: Revenant Four

ALLIES:
Revenant: Reima Vitalis Wedge Draav Addison Porte Kelly T. Perris
In the area: Liram Angellus
ENEMIES: This Fight: Seela Leini Lord Tooka Kurayami Bloodborn [i might be missing some others]

cj2JhgK.png
Well, Shar knew when he'd been outflown.

He'd made several key errors, losing valuable speed and banking away too many times, allowing the enemy to catch up. The other fighter had easily dodged the missile he'd shot their way, and now closed in on his six. Bursts of ion and plasma splashed across his deflectors, whizzing past. His droid beeped in alarm- this salvo would strip the shields quickly. Already the Gossam could see warning alerts on several key components.

One engine went dark, sputtering, then another, trying to restart as energy plasma broke through the shield cycle and burnt through the hull. Well, if they wanted his engines...

Shar slammed the emergency switches. Making use of the mechanics of space, the four propulsion engines shut down completely, but bereft of air resistance, the inertia simply continued, albeit with zero acceleration. The enemy fighter, already closing in with its higher speeds, shot past, and Shar jammed his prosthetic leg into the rudder, gripping the controls.

"All power to cannons!" A long burst of laser fire from the X-Wings laser cannons lanced past the enemy fighter as it shot past. He fired another missile, hoping to at least keep the other fighter off him, as inevitably it would turn and reverse course. Even now as his engines rebooted, he was a sitting duck flying in a straight line. Flak-burst and laser fire shot past, smashing his shields from other directions.

The engines rebooted. Shar knew a losing fight when he saw one. Without the others busy, he could not match this advanced fighter on his own. Wedge might be able to, or really any of the other seasoned hands in the squadron. But he was a strike pilot, and dogfighting was never his strong suit.

"Plot us a course back to the carrier- we need to fix this ship up." He pushed the throttle, power back into the engines. He hoped he could accelerate out of here before the vulture came back.

Shar realises he can't win this fight, and even has a high chance of dying outright, so he's gonna try to escape. So now it's a chase back to the protective cover of GA capital ships! But if you want to end the fight here that's fine with me too

Convergence
Objective II: Tunnels of Naalol
mAaj48r.png

Surviving with Rosalia Aros Rosalia Aros

The question on if the others referred to the alliance remained unanswered. More pressing matters were pushing the agenda towards survival. Still, the Prince managed to produce something resembling a nod before assuming a tighter stance, clearly ready to fight and push on ahead.

As the duo continued to push on ahead, the girl seemed to slow as she mentioned that she could feel it. With a glance, Vince studied her doe-like eyes. "Feel?" as soon as the question left his mouth, his attention returned to the tunnel up ahead. With the arm that had been guiding her forth, the Royal offered double-pat on her shoulder before resuming the grasp, ushering her to push fort.

Before they had made it very far, however, the mining girl's feeling proved to be true. The Crown Prince quickly shifted his hand from her shoulder to her back to produce a powerful push, likely sending her a few meters forward at a racing pace. Just as he did, a scream of mixed pain and surprise escaped him as a dark monster pounced on him from behind.

Managing to turn to land on his back, Vince soon found the nether monster pinning him against the ground. His struggles to get lose did something - but far from enough to overpower it. At least until he managed to put a foot on its underside to push it away.

Tight breaths escaped him as bewildered eyes scanned the darkness of the tunnel they had just moved through. Still seated, he quickly brought his rifle up and fired off a shot.

Sith-Logo.png

Empyrean walked forward as his anger, his hatred, the years of aggression he had pent up released itself into a gaze that could kill. Every step it would intensify, every step they would feel it - perhaps not the reasons, but the endless anguish, the pain of death, the anger of still fighting for everything he needed. Dark emotions swirled, formed, then moved to kill; held back by the stalwart wall Valery Noble Valery Noble had created.​
"The Force fears me for what I will do to it. The Alliance fears me for what I will do to it. You should fear me for what I will do to you.", he said, a gentle shift of his hand letting known the second enemy they had to face - his staff.​
Kala'anda ignited somewhere in the floors below, and it began to tear itself upwards towards them. Even with the sound of the Force quaking between Empyrean and Valery, the screech of metal giving way could be heard even in spite of it. A grating sound, structural works desperately fought to protect the Jedi, but failed each in turn as the blade moved with violent ferocity towards them - and it would breach, directly where Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania yet stood.​
OOC: Sorry for the wait, I have been struggling with muse while I get my mental health in order, as one tends to do.

mAaj48r.png

Tags: Pal Veda Pal Veda
Objective 2: The High Tower

MJc6ZOy.png

The roar brought Yarmin's now-helmeted head to its attention, the HUD inside his visor prompting him with several warnings and a few tactical solutions. He smirked, looking now to Pal Veda Pal Veda ahead. "Raincheck on hunting that thing," he said dryly. He took a moment to observe the route Veda proposed, nodding as he followed it with his eyes. "I like it. There'll still be resistance here and here," the Chiss noted, pointing at several locations along the path, "but the thickest fighting will be here - and we'll miss it." Yarmin liked the way the captain thinks. He looked to his squad and conveyed the plan. With the new route taking them through Naalol's hilly region, the lieutenant designated a pair of commandos to serve as forward and rear scouts. They configured their REC-DC/03s into snipers, giving them deadly range over the hills with particle beams that would slice through Sith, Imperials, and demons like a hot knife through butter.

Yarmin and the others kept their blasters in standard configuration, ready for mid- to long-range engagements if an ambush was sprung or they intercepted a patrol in the hillside. He took point, giving orders and fanning his troopers out, but he was sure to make it clear that Pal was just as critical to the mission as he was. Yarmin could care less about retaining absolute control and being in charge; his job was to see the tower cleared of Sith and demons alike, and his troopers understood that as well. "Don't be shy, Captain," Yarmin said to Pal as they traversed the arid terrain. "If you've a call to make, make it. My squad is just as much under your command here as they are mine. Two heads are better than one, as they say."

Sith-Logo.png

Avel Som lowered himself onto the floor from the rampart he had climbed to. The door he'd found was rusted shut, and he hadn't felt like finding another entrance, so he just climbed the ruins and jumped down. It was simple enough. Only, he landed in the middle of a group of people who were as slender as he was, maybe even more so! "Hiya. You guys seen any beasties around here?" he asked them. Darkwing sent an image from where he perched up on the crumbling wall. The figures were not people. "Well shit." The creatures looked at him with soulless eyes, as if unthinking or not sure what to think of the slim man who had just jumped amidst them. "You poor bastards. Reckon we oughta put 'em outa their misery?"

Darkwing screeched in affirmation and dove, raking his talons across the face of one of the ghouls. As it screamed in pain, alerting the others, Avel Som drew his vibrosword. A good clean slash removed another's head from its shoulders. "A walk in the cake park," Avel Som mused.

TAGS: OPEN
Darth Athora Darth Athora

VVVDHjr.png

THE VEIL
NAALOL - SPIRVA SECTOR - MID RIM
Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el Firrerreo Firrerreo Adean Castor Adean Castor
xwIoEyj.png
Toby’s deployments to places of strife or conflict in the little more than a year since his Jedi path had become the primary focus of his life were few and far between, but with active war on what was looking like more than one front, so came the shifts to how his time was scheduled. His training had begun to pivot accordingly, with some building on the foundation of his lightsaber training, and introduction to further abilities.

He had just enough to go on before this, and in those things he was confident, as for the rest… the edge they were given by Grandmaster Noble would help. He listened attentively, blue eyes on Jalen as he set out their aims, here. He understood the older padawan’s meaning well enough, between his own compassion and knowledge, that even the smallest victory was still that - a victory.

Alright,” he replied, “resistances are easy enough.

Those had been some of the earliest things that he’d been taught at the Saber Enclave on Corellia, and practised further on longer stays at the temple in the mountains during school breaks. When Jalen asked if he’d ever fought a Sith, though, it gave Toby pause. He never had, and he’d never even met one before.

He shook his head, “Only some of their creations, the last time I was on Selvaris with my Master,” that had been very eye-opening for his first mission with the New Jedi Order, “around a year ago.

He was only a little nervous, but he knew to trust his abilities, his skills and knowledge, and his allies. He'd pushed through nerves enough times that he figured he could manage.

Have you? Ever met one or fought one, I mean.”

Have you? Ever met one or fought one, I mean.”

"Yeah, and I won kinda since they ran," Jalen noted. "Stole my lightsaber though. Not the best tradeoff ever all things considered."

Oh well. He'd figure that was a problem he would solve at a later date. As the transport touched down, Jalen let out a sigh. The battle, of course, was already raging as the door opened to let them off. Hell. Jalen could feel every single point of chaos and despair swirling around in the Force. They had their hands full. He stood a little taller, turning back to Toby.

It was time to move.

"Right, our objective is clear," he stated. "Enter the caves, find and aid the wounded. The beasts... we'll work on as we go."

No time like the present for a little trial by fire.

Despite his time in the galaxy, it seemed he hadn't learned to not stick his boot in his mouth.

A trait both endearing, and irritating. Her body on autopilot while her thoughts tried to orient themselves to respond. It didn't help they were squaring off against enemy troops as her mind followed a feeling, body dipping low as something flew overhead of her crouched form. The mental flash bang had sent her brain reeling for words, unsure exactly how to feel about that revelation as her mouth finally ran ahead of her brain.

"What? You a-is th-huh? If that's not the sole reason you hang around, I wouldn't worry about it." Her visor shifting to stare at him after another enemy fell to her strikes.

Pressing forward as the lilac blade absorbed Blaster fire while the white blade hummed and cut. Face contorted from thought rather than effort behind the helmet as she spoke aloud.

"I'm gonna have to have him test that next time I see him." Shaking her head. As if to dismiss the idea after sharing the incomplete thought. Replaced as that odd presence let itself be known.

In the midst of everything, her senses rose to that beacon of anger and other dark feelings. Finding it wasn't a problem since they had announced themselves so blatantly. Breaking into the temple and beckoning them forth.

Possibly a trap, but that hadn't stopped her before.

"Seems we have an invite. Keep 'em busy for a second." Announcing suddenly to Noah about the presence she'd sensed.

The doors ahead of them sealed as she frowned. She'd kept her destructive tendency to tagging rather than making holes in the temples, but time wasn't exactly their friend right now. Sinking the white blade into the door and wielding her enhanced strength to make short work of making a hole for them to pass through.

It wasn't long before she dipped into the Force to knock loose the remaining strength from her cutout. Earning a solid and resounding thud from the oblong circle she'd cut free.

"In we go." Blasters down the hall sounded as she vaulted through, rising to meet the remaining guards. Waving her hand to pull the blasters free with the Force rather than engage with friendly fire.

Stunning most them for only a second. But long enough to speak.

"Alliance friendlies coming in. You let someone in that shouldn't be here." Moving past them and in deeper as she followed the beacon of anger into the temple.

vMD52hP.png

Still, he set his footing to keep the blade from cleaving him in turn, gritting his teeth in effort as he pushed up against the heavy blade.

"Sting!"

His fun would be over if he ended this too quickly. Jhyrack couldn't sense any more of these jedi warriors, so he was determined to eke some satisfaction out of this battle.

His bulk shifted forwards, driving his saber down slowly. It hissed and cracked, the unstable blade sending a myrad of flaming sparks rolling around the cavern.

With a squeeze, she tossed it toward the Sith, hoping it would land right against his face. If the oozing poison smeared across his skin and saturated into his eyes, nose, or mouth, it might get into his system.

The liquid struck him across the face. It instantly burned his eyes.

Jhyrack roared in pain. He started to lift the pressure from Aris, only to try and deliver a swift kick to the man's chest to send him back.

"Coward!" he cried. Already his sense of the Force was turned inwards to bolster himself, but now he had to try and counteract the venom. Otherwise he would be going blind within the hour.

With eyes closed he burst into motion. Two quick steps and his saber swung upwards, from behind his right hip, to try and cut the colourful girl in half.

"You are warriors! I told you: fight well, suffer, learn and survive. But no!"

He went on the full offensive now. His world was a dark place full of horrors and he did not need his eyes to swing. His saber work was clean and concise.

What was terrifying, was that the minotaur had been holding back before.

xiqfVVX.png

Aris planted his footing as he pressed back up against the blade, gritting his teeth. Straining. This was a feeling he'd never felt before. Struggle. If not for the fear of death that came with facing down a Sith like this, he might've actually smiled. No, he was smiling despite himself. As much of a Jedi as Aris was, he was still an Epicanthix at heart. Combat, struggle, and being pushed to his limits were just the sort of thing that brought the wild grin to his face.

The liquid struck him across the face. It instantly burned his eyes.

Jhyrack roared in pain. He started to lift the pressure from Aris, only to try and deliver a swift kick to the man's chest to send him back.

The boy winced as he was kicked back, but he was quick to get back to his feet. Zaiya had understood. That should debilitate the Sith enough to give them a chance, right? No. It only enraged him further. "Zaiya!" He called out as he sprinted forward. He was supposed to be the tank, not letting her be the one to be struck.

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti | Jhyrack Jhyrack

Friend: Tansu Treicolt Tansu Treicolt
Foe: Mr. Hate Mr. Hate

Tansu's appearance had been a surprise that he quickly adjusted to but Kezeroth was a different story altogether.

How do you fight something like this?

It was like struggling against an animated mountain that was furious. A volcano? He tried to anyway, shifting, attempting to dodge the blade's fury and he almost managed. The dark entity was too quick however. It nicked him against his shoulder and Talsin grimaced. It would have thrown him for longer except that Kez also hurt Tansu.

The way she gasped, the pain lacing through her mind and infecting their connection, it widened his eyes as he stared at the girl he loved in pain. He should have been able to keep his cool, be smart about it.

Take the opportunity she was giving him by distracting Kezeroth. But all that Talsin could hear was her gasped pain mixed together with the screams of his parents as they were slaughtered with him nowhere near to help them. This time he was around. He would not let this creature take Tansu away like those butchers had taken his parents.

He did not think, he did not strategize, but anger and fear bled into him as it pushed him forward. A second wind with strength that Talsin had never experienced before send him flying towards Kezeroth.

Talsin, maddened and acting on instinct alone, began to slam his saber towards the creature by any and all means necessary. The lessons of striking only when necessary and always offering a chance of mercy gone. Temporarily perhaps. He could still recover... after all, Tansu was still alive. But in the moment she'd only feel his fear at the idea of losing her.

And determination to never let that happen.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png
Objective: Obj I - Break the Front Lines
Allies: Starweird Shock Jumper Company, Black Bane Spider Company
Enemies: Ko Vuto
Sick Puppies - You're Going Down

The Impact rattled his noggin and hurt the large extra sensory organ on the side of his head. Causing Ko to stumble back, which he tried to use since she was pressing the attack with another. Stepping just far enough away as to avoid being bisected by the imposing nodachi. The tip of it cutting through his loose robes across his chest and leaving behind a scorched trail of fabric that was far too close for comfort.

"Ugh... that hurt..." Ko muttered to himself. He was on the back foot now, and not holding up too well now that she’d scored such a solid point on him a second earlier. His mind raced, feeling as though this Miss Teresa posed similar threats and dangers much like a certain imposing xeno mandalorian he’d encountered before. Where he wouldn’t wanna play into the range advantage she had on him but also knew that getting into a grapple would be just as life threatening. "I suppose it's about time I was tested against a Zambrano..."

Taking a few more steps back Ko slammed his back foot against the solid ground causing the hard surface to have large deep cracks behind him. Shifting his focus he telekinetically hoisted up some of the loose rubble he just created for himself behind him before launching some of the debris towards his opponent. Hoping that her large stature and armor limited her mobility and nimbleness as he attempted to bombard her with about a dozen stones, each around the size of his head. That the force of such impacts would transfer and hurt the person beneath the durable armor blackened armor.

Seeing the small one wield his power the woman braced herself even already hopping back twice as large chunks flew at her. Her blade came up to slice at the first few pieces and yet the Valkyrie knew it was impossible to slice them all just by blade alone. Not one bit made it to land against her torso however the pain that came with each blunt pang; or one or two smaller bits had made a cut along the woman's cheek. These stings that many disliked was simply a sensation that filled the woman with joy.

'This pain, oh how I've missed you' she thought as the mischievous glint came to her eyes. She could have moved around a bit more to dodge, but that did not let her draw on the pain like it was a snack to fuel her. "Good effort, was that your best move against a Zambrano?" Teresa teased wiping a thumb across the cut to lick the darker than crimson blood. If anything there was one ability she had more confidence in.

Telekinesis was something she'd used constantly over the last many years, rather it was as natural as breathing for Teresa at this point. It let her not die from metal poisoning and even fight in ways that was unpredictable. Her hands by near instinct almost drew on the other two blades in their auxiliary to send them shooting towards the little jedi. "It is not time to bring things to that level," she said musing aloud as her eyes narrowed.

Teresa's left hand scooped up, lifting the Jedi from the ground and yanking him hard towards herself. In the same motion, her blade prepared to strike. Just as Ko Vuto nearly came into range, she already began to swing in a swift horizontal arc. The Blackened Valkyrie's lightsaber was about to meet the San-Ni Staff in a deadly clash, but at the critical moment, Teresa set her saber to cycle the length, causing the blade to momentarily disappear.

The saber was off just long enough for Ko Vuto to pass through what would have been a devastating strike. It was nothing more than a feint as he was instead about to be confronted with Teresa's cunning maneuver. The blade reappeared three foot longer with a fierce hum, now carrying even more momentum from the spin. Maintaining the same horizontal trajectory, her saber was aimed directly at his exposed side and back, its lethal energy ready to slice through his defences. Ko Vuto had mere fractions of a second to react to the unexpected and deadly continuation of her assault.

Even if the strike was lethal, there was hope the small one would defend it in some way. Teresa did not want to be disappointed just yet. She did not want to go search for another foe who could sate her desire.
OIedQlc.gif

mAaj48r.png

Convergence: Obj. II - The High Tower

Tags: Phaelissia Phaelissia & Eira Dyn Eira Dyn

With only a brief moment to react Ran put her free hand up and caught the lightning. It was fast, too fast for any normal person, but a Jedi and a mutant, Ran was anything but normal. The lightning cracked in her hand, burning it, frying her skin, even as she used the force to catch it, absorb it, and dissipate it. The lightning and the warrior who conjured it had an edge that Ran hadn't expected. She could feel the raw power this person commanded and was in the midst of tempering.

As the burns set in, so did the pain. Ran's focus was drawn to her nerves and brain to eliminate that pain from her mind, just so she could stay alert. She was too late. With her focus already split, the two pronged attack continued without her control. The three disks arced around her cover. Ran twisted her body in an effort to evade them. The first two missed by a hair's breadth but the third sliced shallow across her stomach. She could feel a chill move through her body. It was an unnerving feeling that Ran would have no more of.

The Knight closed her eyes for a second, less than that, just long enough to instinctively commune with the force in the same way she always did. The same way she had first meditated. She was calm and unburdened by her wounds albeit temporarily. "So you have chosen to forgo leniency," Ran observed. "Prepare for consequence." Ran warned as she stepped out of cover and met the lightning charged warrior head on. Her lightsaber swung in attack. Strength and speed amplified by the force and technique created a sweeping arc of white before them. While Ran's eyes saw the lightning user, her Jedi senses kept watch on the disk-thrower and the probe droid above.

Tags: Evy’armi’naken Evy’armi’naken
Objective II: On the way to the High Tower

The Alliance commander wasn’t wrong. While these commandos were no doubt highly skilled, many were still a bit green. Veda had been around the block a time or two, and in his experience, it was that experience that could make a difference. And luck.

The team trekked onward through the hills, moving quickly and quietly with chatter kept to a minimum. After about a kilometer, a voice crackled into their headsets.

”Lieutenant,” the forward scout called, “We’ve got action. Appears to be a small Imperial team, I count eight hostiles. They are currently engaging two . . . I don’t even know what to call this. Devil gundarks?“

Veda looked to the Yarmin with a curious expression, images already forming in his mind of what sort of beasts lay ahead.

”Holding about one hundred meters north of your position, in cover near the top of the ridge. One more thing: they have a Sith with them.”

”Well, don’t that sound like fun,” Veda said sarcastically. “Maybe these devil gundarks will do our job for us, eh?”

They moved cautiously to the top of the ridge and met the scout. He nodded at Veda on approach, but he turned to Yarmin to address his commanding officer. “They’re halfway up the next ridge, sir. About two hundred meters out.“ He pointed toward the skirmish taking place, but they had all already spotted it. Recognizing the second scout was missing, he added, “Ringo went west to see if there was another path around. He just radioed back to say it’s a no-go. He should be back any minute.”

Devil gundark wasn’t a bad way to describe what Veda was looking at. Twice the size, with unnatural yellow horns protruding from its head and shoulders. The blasters seemed to be angering them more than hurting them, and one swiped an Imperial ten meters into the air when he got too close. The scout was correct they had a Sith, but he seemed as useless as the rest, running around nervously with a red lightsaber, unable to find an entry for a clean strike.

Veda realized his finger had instinctively made its way to the trigger of his weapon. Maybe he should have asked for more credits for this job.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Naalol - The Veil
Outfit:
x x x x x | Equipment: x x x x x | Weapons: x x x
Allies: Aris Noble Aris Noble
Enemies: Jhyrack Jhyrack

TddmRqj.png
-

"You are warriors! I told you: fight well, suffer, learn and survive. But no!"

Fear would turn to ice in Zaiya's veins and blanch herat the amount of speed the massive bulk of the Sith Lord could move. He was upon her in what appeared to be an instant, despite the success of her attack. That was the vast difference in power, strength, and ability between a Padawan and a Sith Lord, and it expressed itself painfully so.

Zaiya barely had the chance to ignite her saber, the teal blade illuminating a sphere of light that immediately crackled in her strain to try and ward off the bulkwart's attack. Yet even the hours of training with her Master and others wouldn't save her from the unmerciful strike, the Lovalla getting tossed back as she couldn't handle the amount of strength that had charged over to her.

The sixteen year old Lovalla hear Aris's cry just as she went stumbling back, arms straining in the attempt to keep the bleeding, crackling distorted blade from cleaving her in two, only to trip and fall, pain lancing down her spine as she did her best to try and keep a hold of her saber in her hand. She wasn't made to handle direct attacks like this, not against a Sith Lord.

Just, focus. Focus! Zaiya had to trust that Aris would do his best to distract the Minotaur Sith so she could get her bearings. Trust in Aris and the Force.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom