Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you feel about this?

Matreya

Whats the point in it to begin with? Once someone makes a rank, they can trick the system to rotate it so account X (Knight) replaces account B (which was acolyte) and can transfer the rank over. Boom. Two Knights.

Or, change name etc, wait a few days, then go to a different account and simply say i decided against the delete, can i get the name and those ranks. As long as people vouch that char had a rank, you're good to go.

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
[member="Ignus"]

I mean, if someone is terrible at RP that is detached from the issue of rank titles.

#GodawansAreReal

#TruthIsOutThere

#Δ Pawdaninati Δ

You can't stop them, "terrible" RPers are going to act like masters and knights at low ranks regardless of this rule. Getting rid of it does nothing but open up freedom for the "good" RPers

I mean, I like being better than everyone else on an RP site as much as the next guy​
peasants.gif

But after having gone through the entire process....It's a sham until Master and even then it can be more about faction politics than an actual story.

But I am but a humble hypocrite of the interwebs​

Darth Osano

D
Vorian Adasca said:
I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to allow people who have already achieved Knight rank on one of their characters to make future alts Knight level right off the bat if they want, if they'd prefer a somewhat developed character instead of starting off a older character illogically as an Acolyte or Padawan. That being said, I think it's a bit silly to allow anyone who joins to instantly achieve the rank.
This.

Saverok said:
A bad RPer. Please tell me how you classify someone as this. This is gonna be good.
No thanks.

Grace Darkson said:
What makes someone a bad RPer?
If you have to ask, well, you've been lucky enough not to meet one, I guess.

Darth Vulcanus said:
[member="Ignus"]

I mean, if someone is terrible at RP that is detached from the issue of rank titles.

#GodawansAreReal

#TruthIsOutThere

#Δ Pawdaninati Δ

You can't stop them, "terrible" RPers are going to act like masters and knights at low ranks regardless of this rule. Getting rid of it does nothing but open up freedom for the "good" RPers
Ranks used to mean something. They still should.

#BringBackTheOldDays

Onith Trill

O
I'm not going to say anything that hasn't been said here, but I will voice my opinion that I believe this idea is a solid one and should be implemented, as currently there is no method for me to do so without submitting a forum post.

Ashin Karrde said:
There are way more interesting ways to introduce new people to Chaos and factions than training threads.
What are you talking about? I love roleplaying how well my character can follow instructions.

Ignus said:
When RPers viewed ranks as having meaning.

But they don't really have meaning. What rank I have doesn't magically make roleplay more interesting. People should focus on having fun with writing and friends, not worrying about what tag they have.

[member="Ignus"]

Pretty sure Chaos only goes back to 2013.......2012 at the earliest. At the very least it was a poorly applied hashtag to the current conversation. ;)

Applying other community experiences to ones here at Chaos in terms of validating a potential rule change is risky at best.

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
[member="Ignus"]

tenor.gif

No two sites are alike my friend and in the end, elitism is one thing I've always found corrupts this site.​

Viva la [member="Tefka"] Revolution!​

[member="Ignus"]

A lot of people do this - compare us to other places they've been, and I get it. But we're not the "block", we're not some old community from yesteryear.

We're Chaos. We try new things. We break the mold.

We lead the way.

Darth Vulcanus said:
[member="Ignus"]

tenor.gif

No two sites are alike my friend and in the end, elitism is one thing I've always found corrupts this site.​

Viva la [member="Tefka"] Revolution!​
Oh. Well, I apologize for liking quality over quantity. That's my bad.

#CallingSomeoneElitistIsAsDumbAsCallingSomeoneAFascistJustForDisagreeingWithYou

Ignus said:
[member="KenRath"]
Hence my saying that I'd been around the block for ages. As in, on other sites.

And it's not risky at all. It's called an opinion. I have one. I chose to express it. :)
Define ages and which block. Again Chaos has not been around long enough for ages to apply.

Opinions are great to have and more than welcome............just like those opinions being questioned based on foundation and applicability. ;)

Tefka said:
[member="Ignus"]

A lot of people do this - compare us to other places they've been, and I get it. But we're not the "block", we're not some old community from yesteryear.

We're Chaos. We try new things. We break the mold.

We lead the way.
Why not just make it so everyone can start as a Master then? I mean, if it means nothing to earn the rank of Knight it only degrades the rank of Master along with it.

KenRath said:
Define ages and which block. Again Chaos has not been around long enough for ages to apply.

Opinions are great to have and more than welcome............just like those opinions being questioned based on foundation and applicability. ;)
I'm having trouble understanding how you fail to understand that I'm not referring to Chaos when I say I've been around for ages. It's astounding.

Around for ages as in I've been RPing since 2000. Literally the year 2000. On forums other than Chaos. Back then, earning the rank of Master actually meant something. It meant you exhibited a keen understanding of the Force, wrote a character that wasn't totally godmode, and you could be respected to not godmode with the rank of Master. It also meant you were a reasonable writer with focus on story instead of just "My character can beat your character because I'm a Master and you aren't, hur hur."

But now we just hand out Knight rank like candy. Next it will be Master rank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom