Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Royal Fantasia Gala: A Celebration of Nations

HhSPEl1.png

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | Srina Talon Srina Talon | Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean
The grand ballroom of the Royal Fantasia Gala was a sight to behold, with its opulent decorations, sparkling chandeliers, and a lively crowd dancing to the elegant music. Along the sides of the ballroom, Fiolette and Taeli Raaf strolled together, observing the festivities. Fiolette had seen the High Commissioner ambush Taeli earlier, and she couldn't help but chuckle softly at the memory.

"Fancy a chat with the High Commissioner?" Fiolette remarked in jest, her tone light and playful. Taeli's returning look spoke volumes, and Fiolette grinned. "Alright, well, let's see who else we can find."

As they walked, Fiolette's gaze momentarily trailed toward Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau , a figure deserving of respect. She then turned her attention to the guests. She observed her granddaughter Ivalyn with her date, Merryn, dancing gracefully to the music. Nearby, her son and daughter-in-law stood together in an alcove, their presence warm and reassuring. She noticed her grandchildren making their way toward the banquet hall, their excitement palpable.

"Nerralyn seems to have slipped away," Fiolette mused, scanning the crowd for her elusive granddaughter. Nerralyn had a knack for disappearing when she didn't want to be found, much like Taeli. "Aerys is with her wife over there, and the girls are dancing on their own," Fiolette gestured toward their granddaughters, smiling at the sight.

As they continued their stroll, Fiolette pointed discreetly toward a group of distinguished figures. "We have the Emperor, the Empress, and Carnifex over there," she noted. "After we talk with them, we can head toward the banquet."

Fiolette gave her wife a warm smile, the joy of having their family around evident in her eyes. "It's nice to have the kids around, isn't it? All of them, and the grandchildren," she said softly. "Feels good." She let the moment settle, savoring the warmth of family and the happiness it brought her. As they neared the Sith trio, Fiolette added with a touch of humor, "Maybe there's a naval officer among them. There are certainly plenty of future Sith Lords and Ladies."

The Emperor and Empress seemed occupied, so Fiolette and Taeli approached Darth Carnifex. His imposing presence could be intimidating to many, but for the couple, he was a family friend and godfather to their three children.

"Darth Carnifex," Fiolette began as they drew closer, her tone respectful and warm. "Wonderful to see you again." She recalled the last time they had seen him, when he and his uncle had facilitated a crucial conversation between her and Taeli, allowing them to air their grievances and strengthen their bond.

Fiolette and Taeli stood together, a united front, as they greeted Darth Carnifex. The grand ballroom continued to buzz with activity around them, but in this moment, they were focused on the connections and relationships that mattered most.

5f73d3dce86a25190c5fc2dc764d4a09bf69da7f.pnj

//: Iuuna Talon Iuuna Talon //:
8f5d11cf954f1b08f542b3444f8547c19c505050.png

ZD6HLHR.png
It was a different feeling; Allyson mingled as herself without hunting for knowledge. For once, she could relax and enjoy the atmosphere and the people she was engaging with. From what she gleaned from the individuals she ran into, they were here for the same thing. Just to enjoy themselves. The Commonwealth was an entity that she knew very little about. Her curiosity was piqued, motivating her to learn more, to discover their past and why they chose the Sith to side with. She had so many questions, but they would have to wait.

As she spoke with an older gentleman about the state of the galaxy, she felt a pair of eyes lingering on her. The Force acting like a sixth sense, she let her eyes peel away from him for just a moment. The same woman as before had seemingly once more caught her eye, another smile and Allyson returned to her conversation. The Corellian would be lying to herself if she denied wanting to get to know the other woman, but her past interactions with Sith affiliated Echani, particularly Jorryn, still haunted her and the lack of knowing the woman's whereabouts concerned Allyson.

Still, there was nothing she could do about Jorryn. At the end of the day, the relationship was a farce created for Allyson to gather information on an enemy. Allyson nodded along as the man continued to speak Sith politics to her. Her mind continued to wander to other thoughts that she wouldn't dare share.

Time passed, and to Allyson's surprise, the woman had decided to make her first move. The conversation had hit the tipping point of 'slowly becoming awkward' and Allyson was searching for a way out. It was then, the Echani woman moved through her and excused herself. Allyson made enough room for the woman to pass, but remained close enough that they would gently brush against each other. Willing to let this just be a fleeting moment, Allyson was convinced otherwise by the Echani's unexpected words.

Interest peaked, and Allyson waited a moment. From the corner of her eye, she watched her walk away towards the bar. "I must go," she responded without giving the politician a moment to react. Carefully, Allyson navigated the moving crowd, keeping sight of the Echani. It was tough, seeing as the Empire involved an odd number of Echani. With the planet being in Alliance space, she hadn't expected this.

After a few more unfortunate moments of being stopped, Allyson found a place next to the woman at the bar. A hand casually raised, she flagged down the bartender. "Whiskey, neat, please, Corellian." Both nodded and the bartender moved to make the easy order. Allyson smirked and finally spoke, "Pretty good party," Allyson started as the bartender handed her the drink. She thanked the bartender as her drink was placed and slipped them a tip. Bringing the drink to her lips, she tasted the slightly warm amber liquid, letting its satisfying taste soothe her.

Perfection. This was what she had been waiting for. She turned slightly towards Iunna and continued, "But you seem bored," she shrugged and leaned slightly towards the Echani woman. Her voice lowered as she spoke, "Is there a way I can fix that?" Allyson finished with a smirk and another sip of her drink. It was a suggestion that could be taken in any way. Allyson intended for that, but despite not looking to get too involved, the Corellian couldn't help herself.

cn7UqK7.png
Gala
Open for Interaction: Jhyrack Jhyrack | Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf | Ivalyn Yvarro Ivalyn Yvarro
| Glistaweb Dress x & x | x | x | x | x| x |
Bold was always a great quality for Danger. Especially if one was confident enough to approach her and start a conversation. However, in this case, even Danger had to tilt her head back to fully encompass the entire massive and broad humanoid that stood before her. While she wasn't a Force-user, Danger had worked with Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf , Carach, and several other Sith to understand the aura that they seemed to permeate.

This one was no different. Was it due to the Darkside of the Force or their racial traits that made them so massive? Something to consider.

"Lord Jhyrack...For the way you are watched, must be a mighty sith warrior, no?"

Feline emerald-fire eyes widened in mild amusement at the question, but the Queen of Trade took it as a compliment nonetheless. A soft smile twisted her full lips as the woman gave a slight incline of her head in greeting.

"Lord Jhyrack, a pleasure to meet you."
Her voice was a slow, smoky drawl that wrapped around each word like a velvet ribbon, and she extended a hand in greeting. "While I am flattered by the compliment, I am no great Sith Warrior, although I do have my own fair share of passionate negotiations in the boardroom." She chuckled, "Danger Arceneau, of Arceneau Trade Company."

While other companies and conglomerates had made a name for themselves in recent years, the Arceneau name had become a household staple after the Gulag Plague, being the first to spread from one side of the galaxy to the next. Certainly, there were others that had attained a remarkable level of coverage since then, but the Arceneau name held a reputation for being a tried-and-true neutral company, one that stuck to its word and delivered as promised.

"I hope you are enjoying yourself this evenin'?" she inquired making small talk. From nearly two decades of practice, she caught sight of familiar faces. Kaine, Taeli, and even Miz. Yvarro from her previous trip to the Commonwealth. She would have to make sure to stop by and chat with them, especially Taeli, as she hadn't had a chance to comfortably talk to her since the Sojourn with Alicia Drey.

Jhyrack took a half step back from Danger. His voice carried far enough and it would save her neck. It was a long way to look when the top of her head was below the level of his arm pit.

Danger. How could one have that as a name and not he a warrior? He thought to himself.

"I hope you are enjoying yourself this evenin'?"

"I am not not-enjoying myself," he said, with a brief laugh that was more of a forceful exhale. He turned to look over at the dance floor.

"I have not seen much of the Galaxy," he admitted. "This place is elegant. Calm. A gathering on my world is neither of those things."

He was not dressed in finery. His black and red robes were simple, hanging loosely from his broad shoulders.

He chuckled suddenly.

"And I am still learning the language. What is a boardroom?"

Jhyrack Jhyrack

A waiter would pass holding a tray of drinks. Danger would select a champagne fluke option. She'd get the harder stuff soon enough. For now, she paid attention to the looming figure of the horned Sith Lord. Curiosity sparked in her gaze. What world would he be from, and what species?

It seemed, at the very least, he was somewhat enjoying himself. Perhaps this was a new excursion for him?

She could agree that the venue was impeccable, the choice of music tasteful, and the extent of display of tentativeness to the guests by the Commonwealth was above reproach.

"We are of an accord then; I also am pleased with the ambiance and the venue. The Commonwealth has always done its best to assure the comfort of its guests."

"And I am still learning the language. What is a boardroom?"

Danger's expression turned into one of intrigue. So her hunch had been right. He was new to the language and perhaps, the greater galaxy as a whole.

"My dealin's with folk tend to gravitate towards trade, specifically, transportation and in attaining materials, goods, and fuel. I've space ports and fuel stations from one end to the galaxy to the next. The boardroom would be a reference towards where most of the negotiations with various government entities, world dignitaries, and trade commissions take place. My company is a neutral one, so it is my goal to ensure that trade continues without hindrance for the basic necessities of the galaxy among with any other finer things in life." she explained, her voice friendly and cordial.

"May I ask, Lord Jhyrack, from what world you do you hail from?"

Jhyrack gave the champagne flutes a cursory glance. They looked far too fragile for his hands; he would find something more robust from the bar later in the evening. He was also guarded with his behaviour. Jhyrack was used to being the lord of his domain and now he had to understand the dynamic of the sith of the wider galaxy and how he could fit into it.

"I am from Malthyl," he told her. "Beyond the end of the... always hard to say... cor-ell-ion trade spine. Very close to Won Shasot."

"We learned the sith way long ago, before the plague. I am the Lord of one of three countries," there was only a slight hint of pride in his tone. He did not believe in trading on his past achievements. There was always a greater challenge to find.

"We are at war. Not your kind of war. We trade. Is all in balance. Still we fight."

Jhyrack smirked.

"Traders, negotiators, all respected on Malthyl. A good negotiation still comes with broken horns," he said. It was clear he was translating an old proverb.

"You must know all the big names here Danger," he prompted. "And do you trade out in the wild parts of Galaxy?"

Jhyrack Jhyrack

"Traders, negotiators, all respected on Malthyl. A good negotiation still comes with broken horns," he said. It was clear he was translating an old proverb.

Danger curled her lips back in a faint, knowing grin; while the proverb was new to her and perhaps the translation didn't quite fully convey, the Queen of Trade could understand the deeper meaning behind it.

"Malthyl. So, beyond the Corellian Spine? I am most intrigued. We've several trade stations within Sith Space and along the length of that hyperlane. I'd love to hear more about what your world is known for and their products." Danger relayed, always interested in new worlds and just what there might be to offer for trade, especially if Lord Jhyrack ruled over three countries.

"I do know a few names here. I am glad to have made great friends and trade partners throughout my years. They have been lucrative and mutually beneficial on several accounts." Danger admitted, enjoying a cordial discussion.

"Arceneau Trade conducts business across the galaxy, the known exogalaxies, and Otherspace." Danger answered the question with a confident smile. It had been hard work to build Arceneau Trade where it was now.

"I am always seeking to extend and seek opportunities in new markets and locations."

At the Gilded Chalice, Iuuna casually sipped what passed for Echani wine in these parts. Her demeanor was cool and composed, barely registering the presence of the brunette who had sidled up beside her. The gala had been a parade of pompous speeches, but the woman next to her seemed a welcome distraction.

"It is passable for a human gathering, I suppose," Iuuna remarked, taking another delicate sip of her wine, her tone dripping with measured indifference.

The brunette turned slightly towards her, and Iuuna concealed the smile that threatened to break through. "Perhaps," the woman replied, her voice dry—perhaps drier than Iuuna had intended. She shifted just enough to catch a full view of the brunette, allowing the other woman to take in her own appearance as well. With a deliberate motion, Iuuna set her glass down and fully turned her body toward the human.

Iuuna's cold, steely gaze—those signature silver eyes—studied the brunette. She knew well that body language often spoke louder than words and could betray a person more than they realized. The smile she had been suppressing earlier finally surfaced, a delicate, mischievous grin that played across her features.

"Now that all depends on how you intend to fix that," she purred, her words laced with a playful challenge.

Leaning in, Iuuna dropped her voice an octave, her lips hovering dangerously close to the woman's ear. "But I warn you," she whispered softly, the intimacy of the moment thick in the air, "don't get attached."

"Malthyl. So, beyond the Corellian Spine? I am most intrigued. We've several trade stations within Sith Space and along the length of that hyperlane. I'd love to hear more about what your world is known for and their products."

"Rare metals," he told her. "Expensive enough to worth risking leaving our fortress cities. Too well guarded for weak outsiders to steal. We have developed some of the finest comms tech because of the interference from our active sun."

He grinned wide at talk of new markets.

"Think of my home as a gateway, my people as guides. It is impressive that your network spans so far!"

It was impressive to have built so much since the plague. His own people had barely reintroduced trade - and of course more violence - to the worlds around his home.

"It sounds like you know how to do business, but we can help establish beyond our world."

He had providing protection, making connections and aggressive negotiations in mind. He needed to establish his presence in the wider Galaxy. Maybe it was not the sith with the largest lightsaber that wielded the most influence here.

HhSPEl1.png

Sarlow, the son of Darth Carnifex, made his entrance to the Royal Fantasia Gala with his usual effortless elegance, deliberately choosing to bypass the opening ceremonies and arrive fashionably late. As he strode through the grand vestibule, the opulence of the evening unfolded around him. Crystal chandeliers hung from the vaulted ceilings, casting a soft, luminous glow across the room. The polished marble floors reflected the light, enhancing the room's splendor. Everywhere he looked, lavish displays of gold and silver ornaments intertwined with intricate floral arrangements, their scents mingling with the fragrance of the night air.

The ballroom itself was a spectacle of grandeur, alive with the melodies of a live orchestra whose music flowed like a gentle river, filling the room with an intoxicating blend of strings and winds. Attendees, clad in their finest garments, moved gracefully across the dance floor, their laughter and conversation blending harmoniously with the music.

Sarlow's eyes immediately caught the imposing figure of his father, Darth Carnifex, who stood near the center of the room, a dark pillar amidst the sea of finery. Beside him were Emperor Darth Empyrean and Empress Srina Talon, their regal poise unmistakable even from a distance. He also noted Darth Arcanix in deep conversation with Danger Arceneau, the Queen of Trade, her presence commanding attention and respect.

Despite the allure of such powerful figures, Sarlow felt a sudden uncertainty about his place at this gathering. The sheer magnitude of power and influence in the room was palpable, and for a moment, he wondered how he fit into this intricate tapestry of alliances and rivalries.

Then, his eyes fell upon a striking blonde woman whose beauty was both captivating and disarming. She was incredible, her poise and elegance caught him offguard. Without hesitation, he made his way towards her, his purpose and confidence returning with each step. This was an opportunity to explore, to engage, and perhaps to discover something—or someone—new amidst the glittering façade of the gala.

Fevris Derzelas

ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

Tagging: Darth Garoul Darth Garoul

The soft melody of the gala wrapped around Fevris like a familiar, albeit distant, embrace. She had become quite adept at navigating these events, though they were far from her preferred environment. As she allowed her gaze to drift over the gathered crowd, she noticed a shift in the atmosphere, a ripple that instinctively drew her attention.

Fevris' blue eyes landed on the figure moving with purpose toward her. The man was, in a word, imposing. His height alone would have commanded attention, but it was the way he carried himself that truly set him apart. It was as if the room itself adjusted to accommodate his presence - there was a magnetic quality to him that seemed to draw the gazes of others as well.

She couldn't help but wonder what had brought him her way, afterall they were surrounded by individuals much more remarkable than her - at least according to popular opinion.

Fevris remained still, her posture unyieldingly elegant as she observed his approach. She didn't flinch or shy away, though she felt the weight of the moment settling around them. Her grip on the glass in her hand relaxed just slightly, her fingers trailing along its cool surface as the soft light of the chandeliers caught on the rose gold fabric of her gown. There was no intentional display, no deliberate attempt to draw him in, but her quiet confidence and the natural poise with which she held herself were striking in their own right.

When he finally reached her, Fevris met his gaze with calm composure, an unreadable expression resting on her features. She was not one to rush into conversation or make assumptions, preferring instead to observe and listen, to understand before she engaged.

"Good evening," she greeted him with a polite nod, her voice steady, "I don't believe we've had the pleasure."

HhSPEl1.png
cWahxsu.png

The smile that tugged at the corners of his lips was irrepressible as he looked at the lovely blonde before him, her presence a radiance that cast a spell of boyish nervousness upon him. "Forgive me, no, we haven't met," he began, his words faltering as he found himself unexpectedly tongue-tied. "I'm just—" He opened his mouth to speak again, but the Sith Lord found himself utterly speechless. Gathering his composure, he tried once more, "My apologies, let's try that again. Hello, I am Sarlow Zambrano. And may I have the pleasure of knowing your name?"

He swallowed nervously and exhaled, realizing just how long it had been since he'd engaged in such a social setting. All Father knew best; Sarlow wasn't even certain he would attend an event like this, given the circumstances. This was the moment, wasn't it? The part where he should ask the lady to dance. "Would you care to…" He noticed the height difference between them, "dance? Or, um, perhaps take a walk?" He hoped fervently that his invitation wasn't too forward, yet found himself unsure if he'd crossed a line in his eagerness.

Fevris Derzelas

ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

Fevris observed the slight hesitancy in Sarlow's demeanor, finding it quite antagonistic to the imposing figure he cut through the room. The smile that played on his lips, the way his words stumbled, revealed a side of him that was almost endearing in its unexpectedness. It wasn't often that she found herself in the company of someone who seemed momentarily disarmed, and the realization brought a faint, nearly imperceptible softening to her expression.

"Sarlow Zambrano," she repeated, as if testing the name on her tongue, her voice carrying a hint of intrigue. That was a heavy surname to carry. "A pleasure to meet you. I am Doctor Fevris Derzelas, but please, call me Fevris."

She let the silence between them linger just for a moment, her eyes briefly flickering over his features, taking in the uncertainty that lay beneath his confident exterior. Encountering someone who managed to be both commanding and unsure in the same breath was new, and the combination was... interesting.

The suggestion of a dance or a walk caught her attention, and she couldn't help the slight tilt of her head as she considered the offer. It was clear that he was uncertain, perhaps even concerned about having been too direct, and this cautiousness only served to pique her interest further.

"A walk sounds lovely," she finally replied, her tone carrying a warmth that had been absent earlier, the hint of a smile that would not be easily summoned tugging at her lips. Fevris took a step forward, a gesture that indicated her acceptance of his invitation. "It will give us a chance to speak more privately, away from the noise of the gala."

As she moved, the soft fabric of her gown shifted with her, and there was a grace to her movements that belied the sharp intellect that lay beneath her composed exterior. A doctor that walked like a queen. Fevris extended her hand slightly, allowing him to lead the way. Though she maintained her usual professional demeanor, there was a quiet, unintentional allure in the way she engaged with him, perhaps she too wanted to explore this conversation further - even if she did not fully realize so herself yet.

"Shall we?" she asked, her eyes looking up to meet his once more, a touch of curiosity dancing in their blue depths.

Rare metals and comm tech? Well now, that was simply fascinating.

Danger's right brow arched ever so slightly, her interest piqued, and the smile on her full lips widened with genuine curiosity.

"Lord Jhyrack, it sounds like you've built yourself quite the impressive network," Danger drawled, her voice honeyed with warm charm. Her smile grew, and a subtle flush graced her cheeks at his flattering observation of Arceneau's success. It may have been a practiced move learned by the Companions, but it was genuine this time. There was indeed pride in what she had accomplished, but the Queen of Trade was always looking ahead, ever mindful of the legacy she would leave for Myra, Rue, and their children.

"I'm truly honored by your kind words, Lord Jhyrack," she continued her tone a perfect blend of grace and ambition. "But I believe in always pushing forward, expanding networks, and forging new ventures. To rest on one's laurels is to miss the opportunity to rise to the next challenge." Each word was carefully chosen, knowing full well the Sith Lord before her would appreciate the sentiment. It wasn't a falsehood, but rather a strategic statement meant to endear herself to him and signal her openness to negotiations.

"If it would please you, I'd be most interested in discussing mutually beneficial opportunities between your world and Arceneau Trade. Perhaps we can find a common ground on what you might be lookin' to import or export," she suggested with a gracious nod, instincts indicating a potental promise of potential partnerships.

HhSPEl1.png

"The pleasure is all mine, Doctor Fevris Derzelas," Sarlow replied, letting her name roll off his tongue with a practiced ease. As she studied his features, he took a moment to do the same, committing every detail to memory. Her confidence was undeniable, a trait he admired instantly.

"A walk it shall be," he said, offering his arm to the doctor and gesturing toward the halls just beyond the ballroom. "And I am quite sure there will be time enough for dancing later, should that be your desire." He took a breath before adding, "We most certainly shall," and gave her a warm, endearing smile.

It wasn't long before they found themselves in the quietude of the palace's halls. "Fevris," he began, his voice soft, "do you practice medicine, or are you perhaps the sort of doctor who studies the past? I recall seeing some holofilms about a doctor who traversed deserts collecting artifacts."

Fevris Derzelas

ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

Fevris accepted Sarlow's offered arm with a graceful ease, her hand resting lightly on his forearm. The subtle, quiet warmth she was experiencing was atypical in comparison to the cool and dettached demeanor she often carried, yet she found herself strangely comfortable in this moment. As they moved away from the lively ballroom and into the quieter halls, the sounds of the gala faded into the background, leaving only the soft echo of their footsteps and the gentle murmur of conversation between them.

Her blue eyes flickered with amusement at his question, "Very intriguing," She allowed herself a small, genuine smile. "But no, I am not that sort of doctor. My work is rather more... grounded in the present, though perhaps no less challenging. I specialize in bioengineering and genetics, yet my responsibilities within the Commonwealth extend far beyond that these days."

There was a moment of silence as they walked, and Fevris took the opportunity to observe Sarlow from the corner of her eye. Initially, she had expected him to be like so many others she had encountered, brash, confident to the point of arrogance, but he was proving to be something else entirely.

"I must admit," she continued, her voice taking on a thoughtful tone, "there is a certain allure to the idea of uncovering the secrets of the past. The unknown has always fascinated me, but my focus has always been on shaping the future." Fevris glanced up at him, curiosity evident in her gaze. "It's a path that requires a great deal of precision, patience, and a willingness to explore—just not in deserts, I assure you."

Her tone was light, almost playful, but beneath it lay the weight of her work. Fevris' gaze shifted from the intricacies of the palace's architecture back to Sarlow, her blue eyes meeting his with a quiet intensity. "And what of you, Sarlow? Surely someone of your stature has more pressing matters to attend to than mingling with the likes of me."

Her question was genuine, but there was an underlying current to it, a subtle invitation for him to reveal a bit more about himself. Fevris was not one to pry, but she was undeniably curious about the man who had so unexpectedly captured her attention.

"Ah," remarked Sarlow, strolling alongside Fevris. He found great pleasure in seeing her smile as she elaborated on her work. "Do they now? Your responsibilities to the Commonwealth? Forgive me, I am not entirely familiar with them. Though your nation seems to put on quite the affair." The Sith Lord gestured around them to the opulence of the palace surrounding them.

Sarlow's own smile widened as he listened to Fevris speak of the allure of uncovering the past. To some, the unknown was a terrifying thought, but from the way she spoke, it was evident she found it fascinating. "Indeed it does—shaping the future, that is. Patience and a willingness to explore, to push oneself beyond... comfort zones, shall we say."

"I find that the past still offers plenty of lessons if we are willing to hear it out," he mused as they walked side by side. He noticed that her eyes were no longer on the architecture but rather fixed on him, with an intensity he had not encountered before.

"But if I do not take the time to mingle with a beautiful woman such as yourself, then I must ask myself, why achieve anything at all?" Sarlow offered a smile and a shrug. "I must be sure that what I do is something I can share with others. Primarily, Fevris, my goals these days are simple: to provide for my children and ensure their safety."

He ran a hand through his hair, brushing away a stray lock. "It means a lot to me to be able to provide for them." Then, with a casual warmth and genuine interest, he added, "Pardon my changing the subject, but tell me more about your work. Bioengineering and genetics, right? What is it about such work that drives you?"

Fevris Derzelas

ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

Fevris felt a flicker of something that was both familiar and foreign as Sarlow spoke—familiar in the way he addressed her work with genuine interest, but foreign in the warmth that threaded through his words. It was rare for her to encounter someone who could match her in both intellect and ease, and Sarlow was doing just that.

She allowed his words to linger in the air between them for a moment before responding, her gaze softening slightly. "The Commonwealth is a place of progress and innovation, and with that comes a great deal of responsibility," she began, her tone contemplative. "My work, while often rooted in science and discovery, also carries the weight of ensuring that such progress benefits our people and our future. Bioengineering and genetics are tools—powerful ones—that can shape the very fabric of life. But they require careful consideration, the everlasting war between ambition and ethics."

As they continued to walk, Fevris shifted her hand slightly on his arm, a subtle movement that drew them closer together. "I want to unlock new possibilities, to push the boundaries of what we know and use that knowledge to create something better, something that can improve lives."

Sarlow had mentioned his children, and there was a sincerity in his voice that curved the corners of her lips. It was rare for someone of his position to speak so openly about personal matters, and she found herself intrigued by the contrast between what could be a public persona she still didn't know and the man he was revealing to her now.

Her voice softened. "It's clear that they mean the galaxy to you. I admire that." Fevris glanced at him, her blue eyes catching the light as they flickered with admiration. "For me, work has always been... everything," she admitted. "There's a certain comfort in knowing that what I do can make a difference, but I suppose, in focusing so much on shaping the future, I've often neglected the present." It wasn't said with regret, but rather with a longing of what her life could have looked like if she had made different choices and prioritized different things.

Her gaze lingered on Sarlow for a moment longer, searching for some shared understanding. "It can be hard to step away, to make time for anything else. That you find time for what truly matters, beyond the responsibilities and the titles, I'd love to know how you do it." Fevris could not remember the last time she had opened up like this, so easily. She had, for once, allowed herself to lean into the moment, to let the conversation flow naturally, guided by both curiosity and a growing sense of connection. The night was still young, and she found herself wanting to know more—about him, about what drove him, and perhaps, in doing so, learn something new about herself as well.

"If it would please you, I'd be most interested in discussing mutually beneficial opportunities between your world and Arceneau Trade. Perhaps we can find a common ground on what you might be lookin' to import or export,"

Jhyrack turned slowly and looked down upon the queen of trade. A frown creased his brow.

"Use smaller words," he said slowly. The frown evened out. A grin slowly spread, revealing sharp canines.

"And we shall talk and make this happen," he continued. He was not a man who took his time about decisions. During his life, mulling over a decision was a lost opportunity or being eaten by the native wildlife.

"If you wish to engage with the other two rulers of Malthyl - my honoured but despicable enemies - I leave you advice. It is common on our world to tell visiting off worlds to land some miles from the meeting place."

He let out a soft laugh. This close to his resonate chest, it would sound like a small mountain collapsing.

"If offworlders survive the walk, then you know they are serious. Hah! You seem bold. Visit my mountain fortress or send your person. You will understand us. I promise at least a safe landing."

Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau

The word progress held different meanings for many. For Sarlow, it meant cultivating the powers he believed were rightfully his. For Fevris, it signified something else entirely—an unwavering belief in this nation, however transient it might be. The notion of striving for new possibilities, of pushing the boundaries of the known to explore the unknown, caused his lips to curl in a faint smile. She seemed a responsible sort, a rarity among scientists. Many reached a point where they disregarded themselves entirely, caring little for whether their endeavors benefited others.

"How refreshing," Sarlow remarked, his smile deepening. "It is not often I encounter a scientist in the Empire who shares your stance. Most are driven by selfish desires, craving knowledge for their own gain."

His tone was sincere, the smile warm as he shifted his attention to the path ahead. He inclined his head slightly, a gesture of acknowledgment. His children were everything to him. "The present is a gift, after all," he said, aware of the sentimentality in his words, and he chuckled softly. "Forgive the cliché, but yes, they mean the galaxy to me."

After a few moments of comfortable silence, he added, "One day, I will no longer be the center of their universe, and my influence on them will fade. I cherish these days while they still seek me out."

Fevris then inquired how he managed to make time for his children. "Admittedly, I am quite privileged in this regard," he responded honestly. "But there are times when I cannot be with them, and for those moments, there are nannies to care for them."

"Tell me, Fevris, what drives you to pursue your work with such dedication? Is it merely the advancement of knowledge, or is there something more personal that compels you?" As he understood it she took great care in her work, her dedication to bioengineering and genetics, the responsibility she bore. He wanted to understand more of her, and what her motivations were, beyond the nation's people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom