Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Royal Fantasia Gala: A Celebration of Nations

HhSPEl1.png

Sith-corruption.png

Open for Interaction | Firrerreo Firrerreo
Soah mentally decided she would rather flay herself than wear this wretched Academy uniform with so many people. While it wasn't form fitting, it felt that way to the Felicatian, clinging to her skin, making her sweat, driving her anxiety.

Why did she even have to be here? Of all the stupid, idiotic things. Soah hated socializing. To be honest, the amount of people that surrounded her and the overpowering scents of perfumes, food, and drink messed with her olfactory senses. Honestly, nausea rolled in her belly, and behind the annoying aggravating mask, the girl struggled to breathe, trying her best to level her breathing so she wouldn't - blast it all - shift.

You are here. Just five minutes, then leave. She'd heard there were gardens around. Maybe she could hide away there, take off the bloody mask, and shed a few layers.

For now, the wall was her only ally and if she could slink her way out towards the food then out of this hot mess without being bothered, all the better.

6B2hUmz.png

Thankfully, Judah did not see one Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau enter the Commonwealth Gala.

Not that they wouldn't be cordial towards one another. After all, both were respected business owners known across the wider galaxy. It was just the fact that after being best friends for over twenty years, the pair had hit a rough patch in their friendship. Did he still consider her his best friend? Of course. They just didn't see eye-to-eye.

Add in the fact their respective kids decided to marry, well, it just made for a tangled mess at times.

No, Judah was doing what he did best at these things ; hide out on the balcony or gardens and smoke. Cigarillo was alright lit, standing near one of the ornate pillars as a curl of smoke rose into the air. With Thessa Kai Thessa Kai being entertained by their son, he figured now was the time as any to sneak away and enjoy a quiet moment.

Wasn't as if he was being missed right now anyways, although he was mildly invested in the Trade Federation trying to weasel their way into Sith space. Word had it they were even opening some kind of consulate out this way ; a move he found odd. The Trade Federation was so far up the collective behind of the Galactic Alliance he was surprised they could see the other parts of the universe at times.

"Your dad isn't so bad to hang out with. We're figuring things out,"

Makai nearly dropped the glided tongs that held an appetizer as his mother spoke. It felt like the air had left his lungs. Did he just hear correctly? Had to, the problem was with his night vision, not his hearing. What the hell did 'figuring things out' mean in the grand scheme of life? It sounded...ominous from his end. His parents, from the outside looking in and using his own marriage as a guide, were not a good fit. It seemed they were a fun fling until his mother got pregnant with him.

Young, broken, angry Makai had wanted his parents to get back together. Happy, content, adult Makai did not. Ignoring her other comments about confiding in her, he broached the subject as they walked away from the serving line with their plates.

"Uh....yeah, great....Mom, when you say 'we're figuring things out' does that mean like....you two getting back together? As in romantically?"

The half-Galan braced himself, grip tight on the plate. Wait until he got to Fondor and told Ellie and Junior this little tidbit of information.

What did that even look like? Sure he and Ellie spent some time apart but they were also dramatic teenagers at the time, not two long divorced adults.

vaTfkNK.png

"Absolutely, my darling apprentice," she practically purred, her eyes lingering a moment longer than necessary on the human woman across the ballroom. The speeches had droned on long enough, and Iuuna was grateful when the real music began to play. "I most certainly will; however, this night is as much yours as it is mine. I'll catch up with you later."

Iuuna gave Eira's forearm a reassuring squeeze as the music continued. The Echani gracefully cut a path through the ballroom, her target well in sight. She could play it hard to get, or even feign disinterest, but that was not her goal tonight. Iuuna offered the woman a smile but didn't stop in front of her. Instead, she made an excuse, "Oh, pardon me," she said as she squeezed by.

As she brushed past the brunette, Iuuna whispered, "I'm heading to the bar if you're interested."

She gave the woman a knowing look, a follow-if-you-dare stare, and walked coolly toward the Gilded Chalice.

ZD6HLHR.png
Iuuna reached the bar and leaned casually against it, ordering a drink with a confident smile. She glanced around, letting her gaze rest briefly on the entrance to the ballroom. Her senses remained alert, waiting for the woman to follow. The anticipation added a thrilling edge to the evening, and Iuuna savored the moment, her fingers tapping lightly on the polished surface of the bar. She took a sip of her drink, her eyes glinting with a mix of curiosity and determination, ready for whatever the night would bring.

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
NAJARKA - KIRUAAGAM - GRAND RAVVITANAL PALACE: MONARCH HALL - BALLROOM
Kaivaan Kaivaan | Zarava Dekki Zarava Dekki | Firrerreo Firrerreo
VVVDHjr.png

A smile followed as Kal-El watched at least one person appreciate his small joke. It had been his attempt at levity and it seemed to be working a little bit. The drinks did the rest of the job for him as each person in the group began grabbing a refreshment for themselves. Setting the tray down nearby, Kal-El simply grabbed himself a cup of tea and began drinking it in. A few sips before he let the cup settle between the palms of his hands. It was good. The catering for the drinks had been well done.

As thanks were being shared for the refreshments, Kal simply nodded in return. Then the questions followed, attempts at conversation. Kal-El could humor the questions, but it would be better to keep his involvement here as limited as possible. His clothing was the most plain and low-ranking of the academy's. Something he wished to use to his advantage. His intention was to keep his responses short and modest yet friendly.

"I'm nobody important. I'm sure the uniform gives that much away," Kal rubbed the back of his neck for a moment while answering both questions, first Kaivaan Kaivaan 's then Zarava Dekki Zarava Dekki 's, "And I only came here for the dancing. So far, for now, it's been nothing but a relaxing evening and delicious tea for me, and it's even more delicious in good company, as they say."

Kal-El simply raised the cup in his hand to further make his point before lowering it again and speaking a little more.

"Maybe we can all practice a little bit of dancing, together, before then," Kal-El answered the next question posed by Kaivaan--in a little bit of a roundabout way, "I've been around a fair bit. Seen different cultures and their respective methods of self-expression. It's all very fun, and I'd be happy to share a little of what I know."

About to take another sip, Kal-El simply peered his eyes over his cup, pausing for a moment as his smile stretched further across his face with a simple glee at the memories before sipping down his tea further. His eyes sparing a glance at each person after finishing his drink. A part of him was curious to each person's response to the idea of dancing. His attention resting on the golden-skinned boy Firrerreo Firrerreo for a moment longer, but Kal-El's focus extended past the boy towards the owl.

"Real quick, I must say your owl is very well-behaved. May I ask, is it okay to give it head pats?"

Kal-El set the now-empty cup down. Both palms raised up to further accentuate his next point.

"I'm fine with taking no for an answer. Only curious."

Sith-blood.png

Last edited:
6B2hUmz.png

Kurayami slowed his pace slightly as Kaivaan Kaivaan , was joined by others who seemed to be around his own age. He caught the nod from Fiolette Yvarro Fiolette Yvarro making sure to return it in kind. The other three acolytes, Kal-El Kal-El , Firrerreo Firrerreo , and Zarava Dekki Zarava Dekki , were not familiar faces to him and in all honesty the Corellian had no care what happened to them, he was only assigned to keep an eye on his nephew.

Slowly he sauntered out to the courtyard, taking a swig from the flask as he entered the gardens proper. Though he kept the small group of acolytes in his line of sight, he remained far enough back to seem as though he was just getting away from the crowds and perhaps waiting for someone. He looked up towards the stars watching the patrolling starfighters, knowing that at least some of those pilots were ones he had trained at some point. He was an outlier in terms of factions, he never seemed to fit neatly in any specific place. While the Commonwealth was most certainly home, and he had done many things for them over the years, it was hard to define his position within the Commonwealth itself. He was kind of an 'on call' basis and did what was needed whether on the books or not.

At this point that also meant he was part of the Sith Order, again with no specified rank or role, he would have to speak to Srina Talon Srina Talon at some point to try and determine where he might fit in best. For now he would focus on keeping a watchful gaze on the group of younglings, perhaps later he would go talk to them and see exactly how well Kai was getting along with his peers.

Sith-Logo.png

Victory.​
It was said with cold disdain, because they both knew it was a marker for how much longer they had left until the ritual was complete. A great foreboding wall they could not pass, not see beyond, as they stood against it, pushing further and further away from one another on its slanted wall. He would hang his head, were he not before the Sith at large - but he would offer a groan, slightly in his throat that sounded more like a growl to anyone but Srina. It was the sound of stubborn acknowledgement, of deep remorse, but to others it would seem as though he was angry at his wife.​
"Then tonight, you are my Empress and nothing more.", he offered in a tone barely above a whisper. It hurt to respond like that, but it was what she had asked of him in the moment. All he deserved.​
"Perhaps tomorrow you will be my wife again."​
He offered her his hand, cold and leather as it had become, and offered to bring her to the dance floor - for at least a modicum of enjoyment, before he was set to settle the Sith as he was required, then off to war with the Alliance once again.​

ZD6HLHR.png
Location: Grand Ravvitanal Palace, Palatial District, Kiruaagam - Najarka
Attire: Dress
Tag: Lord Tooka Lord Tooka

There were plenty of formalities to cover before the evening could begin proper. The grand introduction given by the hostess of the event was first, proclaiming the symbolism of the occasion and its history. Next came the first speech by Lady Taeli Raaf, which served to reemphasize the ties between the Commonwealth and the Sith. While Seela cared little for the Commonwealth itself, she knew that this alliance or more aptly, unification, freed up resources to fight the Jedi in the Core.

As things often were, Seela sensed that the arrangement between the Commonwealth and the Sith might only be temporary.

With the conclusion of the first speech, Seela raised her hands in graceful applause, before falling silent for the second one, delivered by Lieutenant Colonel Aerys Fortan. To her estimation, the address was meant more for those of the Commonwealth, accompanied as it was by their national anthem—Balance Save the Queen.

Later, after the speeches were concluded, Seela followed Lord Tooka into the bar, who quickly ordered drinks on her behalf. The Twi’lek gave a soft, grateful smile as she accepted the drink, before taking a small sniff of the shuura fruit placed on the rim of the glass.

Then, just as she glanced up from her drink, Lord Tooka opened the visor of her helmet, revealing a pale, delicate visage with elegantly-pointed ears and an intense, violet-hued gaze.

Seela immediately turned her gaze away, if only out of desire to avoid overstepping by excessive staring. However, out of the corner of her eyes, she saw the Sith’s features soften as she enjoyed her drink, giving Seela the cue to do the same.

“A toast perhaps, my lady?”

The small Sephi nodded and cited a part of the Sith Code: "Through Passion, I gain Strength."

She was not really the world conquering one, as Seela should have learnt in the meantime. Lord Tooka was all about personal freedom and passion.
The political power play meant nothing to her and her loyality was to the throne not the person who sit on it.
And her real locality she spared for her comrades.

Seela had heard rumors among the squadron members, the fairylike pilot ace had a best friend in a catperson from Mutanda. Her hand as Sith call their personal assassins. Lord Tooka had been a gladiator slave of the Hutts if the rumors were right. A fierce pit fighter before she broke free and joint the Sith. A fierce apprentice to the Dark Side before she became a Sith Knight.
All these rumors seemed so surreal, looking at this little elflike being, more like a teenage girl in a cute dress than a warrior of the most evil power in the known universe.

The petite Sephi stared back and did not shy away from gazing at the gorgeous Twilek.
"I am not good at this. So please do not expect a courtly game. I like you and I want you to ease my loneliness and burning passion. No hard feelings if you decline. I am not that kind of Sith.
In either case, I want at least to dance with you!"

She was blunt and direct ... and still there was a blush on the cheeks of Lord Tooka and for a moment an even more soft and longing expression on the youthful face of the brash pilot.
This was a woman deeply hurt and unsure how to start a romance for sure. A tomboy and brazen warrior, but still a romantic Sephi deep within.

Seela Leini Seela Leini

Indeed, Seela had heard the rumors. Still, it felt strangely invasive for one such as her to know that her CO had been an enslaved pit fighter before becoming Sith. As such, the Twi’lek had never once spoken of them, nor had she ever hinted that she was aware of the Sephi’s history. Instead, Seela committed most of her time and energy elsewhere, often deliberately isolating herself from her squadmates so as to better focus on her simulations and her continued study of Eternal Rule and Carnifex Thought.

Safe to say, the prospect of being invited to a ball had initially terrified her, if only due to her somewhat reserved nature.

And yet, now that she was here, in the comforting, familiar presence of the Sephi ace, it was much easier to deal with the unfamiliar environment than she had anticipated. And so, the offer of a dance elicited a soft, gentle smile. Since she frequently danced on her own as a workout and a hobby, the Twi’lek was confident in her skills. However, dancing with a partner in a more formal context (and in front of people) was a scenario that she was unused to. Nevertheless, the prospect of a dance by itself was enough to cause Seela’s lashes to flutter with excitement. To her, dancing, no matter the style, was a far less daunting prospect than turning down alcohol or mingling with strangers, both of which she had already done more than once during the evening.

“I would love to dance with you!” Seela answered in an elated tone as she stared into the Sephi’s fairy-like features with a wide, yet anxious gaze. “W-would you like me to take the lead, my lady?” She added, her voice raised in question.

Moments later, the two pilots found themselves back in the ballroom. For her part, Seela briefly closed her eyes before opening them once more, if only to pretend that she and Lord Tooka were the only two dancers on the floor. Having practiced the steps for a variety of formal dances prior to the gala, the Twi’lek felt confident that she could take the lead or otherwise keep up with her partner, should she choose to direct.

Regardless of her partner’s choice in the matter, Seela could only blush at the opportunity to dance with someone that she trusted and adored!

Lord Tooka took the lead. And to the conservative ballroom music she was to Seela's surprise well-trained.
Some rumors said the small Sith was actually a princess of the Sephi, betrayed and exiled.
It could be, so well-educated she was in the traditional dance moves.

Like the traditional male Sith title Lord Tooka has selected for herself indicated, she danced like a man, but with the elegance of a girl.

The height difference didn't matter. The fallen dark elf compensated for it, and the two dancers glided over the floor as effortless as their ships danced in the void during battles.
A perfect match, literally made in heaven!

Her dark gothic dress swirled like a flower blooming in the night.
Someone did not have to be trained in the force to feel the pleasure of Lord Tooka.

Seela Leini Seela Leini

Ever so slowly, Danger continued her stroll, her walk smooth and easy. It was time to make the rounds once she said her greetings to the host, for business never waited, and neither did she.

Lord Jhyrack did not have his attention drawn by the shashay of a shapely form. His preference was that of a female built like a star dreadnought with a hundred victories to her name. A warrior who walked in straight, efficient lines and grunted at any that came in her way.

What caught his attention was how gazes moved to the trade queen as she walked casually across the floor. He was here to learn more about the Sith and their notable members, after all.

Jhyrack walked ahead of the woman, intersecting her path and offering a low bow. The bow made it easier for her to see that a person had stepped in front of her and not a square wall of robes.

"Lord Jhyrack," he said before dropping his voice. He offered a conspiritorial smile and lowered his voice - as much as one with lungs the size of bass drums could.

"For the way you are watched, must be a mighty sith warrior, no?"

Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau

Fevris Derzelas

ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

Tagging: Open.

Fevris Ashvin Derzelas had always been a woman of purpose, of values. Not once in her life had her loyalty wavered away from the nation that had seen her birth and growth. The Doctor had no family beyond her elderly mother, her friendships had been few and deep, her romances short. The reason behind all of this, if asked her thoughts on it, was quite simple. Fevris had a duty to her people, and that was all the motive and all the reward she needed in her life.

It was unlike the good Doctor to be late, but given her line of profession her tardinness was not only understandable but justified. She had been kept longer at the hospital, and in truth the woman welcomed the prospect of having some more time to prepare for such an event. Her terrain might not have been politics, but Fevris had grown to understand them quite intimately in the recent years. What she had always been a natural at, however, was reading people. Everybody lied, but not everybody was a good liar.

She could tell that among the present there were those who welcomed this union, just as there were those who only looked upon it as a...convenience. A means to an end. Fevris had no particular love for the Sith, but she did...respect their power, as any person in their right mind would. To her the equation could be easily simplified to one root result: the wellbeing of the Commonwealth. The rest was smoke and colors. She cared little if they did not prove to be the most agreeable company so far as the safety of her nation was as ensured as it could be in these times of uncertainty.

Fevris, ever steadfast, trusted the judgement of their elected rulers.

A rose golden fabric hugged the woman's slender figure including her neck, only leaving her arms and most of her back bare. Those who knew her, knew that the woman had always favored practicality over fashion and that gowns were among the least likely choice for her - but indeed she was quite the sight. Her back was kept as straight as an arrow as she moved forward among the people, nestling a glass in one of her pale hands. For now, the good doctor was content with observing and listening - and most importantly, avoiding the gazes of those of the Order who decided to linger on her for too long. After all, the woman was little more than a black spot in the Force's weave. Force dead - they would call her. She had always found the term rather...distasteful.

Kai quirked an eyebrow, "Well, even a nobody has a name." There was something genuine in his remark. He scratched the back of his head a little as he listened to the boy talk. "Ha, ha, yeah, the dancing... I, uh, I'm not very good at that." He wasn't really good at the social thing either, as the boy's arms fell at his side.

The Royal Fantasia Gala gardens were a breathtaking sight, illuminated by the soft glow of lanterns hanging from meticulously trimmed trees and trellises adorned with climbing roses. The air was fragrant with the scent of blooming flowers, and the gentle rustle of leaves provided a soothing background to the distant strains of music from the ballroom. Stone pathways meandered through the garden, leading to hidden nooks and open spaces where guests could enjoy the evening.

Despite the enchanting setting, Kai felt out of place. The beauty of the gardens only heightened his sense of inadequacy. He looked up and noticed an old man standing alone on a nearby balcony, his figure silhouetted against the soft glow of the lanterns. The man's solitary presence amidst the lively crowd struck Kai as profoundly lonely.

His attention was diverted when the nobody-boy mentioned something about the owl. "Oh, wow."

"I didn't even notice, that's pretty cool." He complimented, and then noticed a girl, "Oh, who is she?" He gestured toward her, as the music could be heard from a distance. "I mean, uh, hi, name's Kai." He was at least getting the whole introduction thing down. A look over toward the redhead and then toward the others. "We can definitely stay here and dance, it's pretty quiet. Or... maybe food?"

The young boy looked around again, now that he was a little more settled, and then he found his uncle. "Aw nuts," he let out, "my uncle is here." He lamented it slightly but then just shrugged, "so... about food, I... I did like the drinks you managed to bring out." The purple-eyed boy remarked with sincerity toward the nobody-boy.

Kai's mood was a mix of nervousness and curiosity. He felt overwhelmed by the grandeur of the gala and the sophisticated guests, yet he was also intrigued by the new people he was meeting. The genuine tone in his voice when he spoke indicated his desire to connect, even if he was unsure of how to navigate the social intricacies of such an event. As he suggested dancing or seeking out food, it was clear he was trying to find common ground, something that would make the evening a bit more comfortable for him.

HhSPEl1.png

Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau | Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf [Merryn] | Jhyrack Jhyrack | Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas | Ballroom Folk |

The Royal Fantasia Gala was in full swing, the grand ballroom alive with the vibrant energy of celebration. Ornate chandeliers cast a warm, golden glow over the assembled guests, their light reflecting off the polished marble floors and the exquisite gowns and suits of the attendees. The air was filled with the soft murmur of conversations, punctuated by the occasional burst of laughter, and above it all, the elegant strains of the orchestra. As the opening notes of "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" filled the air, the mood shifted to one of joyful anticipation.

Ivalyn, having bid her goodbyes to Lucette and her family, was on a mission. She moved gracefully through the crowd, her eyes scanning the room for Merryn. Her heart quickened with excitement; this was the moment she had been looking forward to all evening. It didn't take long to find her. Merryn stood near the edge of the dance floor, her presence as striking as ever. The High Representative's gown shimmered in the light, the white fabric with its beautiful gold accents and trims catching the eye of many a guest.

Ivalyn approached with a confident stride, her own gown—a masterpiece of elegance—flowing around her. She slipped her arm through Merryn's with a warm smile. "Hello you," she whispered, her voice carrying the joy and affection she felt. "Now that this business of speeches is over, how about you and I have a dance, or two?"

Merryn's eyes lit up, and she returned the grin. "I would love that," she replied, her tone equally enthusiastic.

The two made their way to the dance floor, the lively atmosphere enveloping them. As the orchestra's rendition of the classic song filled the room, Ivalyn felt a surge of happiness. She took Merryn's hand, and they began to move to the rhythm, their steps in perfect harmony. The music was upbeat, inviting everyone to join in the fun, and yet, for Ivalyn, the world seemed to narrow down to just the two of them.

The warmth of Merryn's hand in hers, the closeness as they danced, and the shared smiles created a moment of pure joy. Ivalyn felt a sense of freedom and exhilaration, the weight of her responsibilities momentarily lifted. The grand setting of the ballroom, with its opulent decorations and lively guests, faded into the background. All that mattered was the connection she felt with Merryn, the music, and the magic of the moment.

As they twirled and swayed, Ivalyn couldn't help but laugh, the sound of her mirth mingling with the cheerful notes of the song. Merryn's laughter joined hers, and together, they created a memory that would last long after the evening had ended. The gala, with all its grandeur, had given way to a simple yet profound moment of happiness shared between two people.

As she and Merryn danced, Ivalyn caught a glimpse of Danger Arceneau. "I am looking, respectfully," she whispered to Merryn who looked over where Ivalyn's attention had landed.

"Agreed," Merryn remarked.

A few moments more, and Ivalyn got a look at the person talking or at least beside Danger, and made a mental note to check in with them both later on. Another turn around the dance floor and Ivalyn spotted a blonde, one she sort of recognized but for now...

She yelped when Merryn caught her looking elsewhere, "Merryn."

The two laughed a little and resumed their dance. The orchestral notes soared, and Ivalyn felt as though she was dancing on air. This was what the Royal Fantasia Gala was truly about—not just the speeches or the formality, but the joy of coming together, of celebrating life and love.

This was after all, a party.

Last edited:

New-Srina-Divider-Red.gif

Tag: Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean
Appearance: XoXo

Most would have flinched away from his displeasure, thinking, that they were about to meet imminent demise. The wintry woman only…Waited. He offered her his hand and her head inclined in professional imperial courtesy to accept the proposal. To her understanding, though limited, this was how royalty corresponded with one another. Distant. Burdened by formality and expectations of the citizenry that had vowed to oversee.

Srina could not be his wife at the moment.

His wife wanted to release all the bottled-up emotion that had assembled in his absence. His wife wanted to rage until he relented, his wife, wanted him to understand how breaking it was to even entertain what he had asked for. And yet…He had. Empyrean had requested the one thing that he knew she could not do. The one thing, that brought her horror. Shame. The potential of an eternity of loneliness in the wake of her crime. It was the one thing she would…

…no matter her refusal…

be forced to do

And he asked it of her in the same manner a worried neighbor might request to borrow a cup of sugar.

"Perhaps tomorrow…", she trailed off, lightly, while he swept her carefully to the dance floor. He was surprisingly agile when he wanted to be for a creature made of desiccation and the equivalent of murderous black magic. "You will be my husband—The one who keeps his promises."

To never leave her alone, as she had been left, before. Maliphant had chased her heart until his pursuit was no longer met with avoidance and refusal but…Curiosity. How inept she had been. How much time she had wasted by denying the truth in favor of blaming baser instincts. How…easily….he had forgiven her stubborn and willful nature. How easily he had shown her that life was more than moving from one battlefront to the next. From one war, to the next.

How curious it was to be so furious and so enamored at the same time. No one could get under her skin the way he did, for better, or worse. This plan of his risked everything. The reward might have been sweeter than air to a drowning man but the cost was too steep. The requirements, too dire. The thought of not having him at all should things implode…Made her draw closer. Made her forget for a moment that above all else when she got a little to near…

His less-than-corporeal body parts were dangerous.

"Your wife has missed you…"

The cold words were chilling to the core…But Empyrean would know them differently. As taciturn and toe-curling as her personality could be—Her anger had a different sort of burn than her affection. Even if she couldn't admit it plainly. "She is also…relieved…that her beloved has returned."

Even if the victory was only hearkening a death knell.

"—And she is annoyed with herself…"

The quiet admission was broken by a frown, though, it quickly smoothed.

"Because she does not possess his grace to swiftly forgive and forget."

It wasn't fair to him. But then…that was not a surprise.

His wife was practical. Not, fair.

6B2hUmz.png

Taking a long drag of his cigarillo, Judah was surprised by the lack of people in the gardens. This wasn't his usual scene where he gathered with all the other middle aged men enjoying their vices and complaining about business. Then again, to be fair, this wasn't a business event but a governmental one. More society types than business.

Smoke was exhaled and he caught sight of some teenagers ( Kaivaan Kaivaan ) tromping through the gardens. Odd, he thought. Then again, he remembered leaving Makai and Myra to their own devices at a young age at these things. Who knew what type of trouble the pair had gotten into? It wasn't as if anyone was going to correct Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau on the behavior of her daughter.

Eyes rolled at the kids before he turned his attention to one of the nearby fountains. He just hoped the teenagers in question didn't start some random sports game in the garden and ruin the peace and quiet.

HhSPEl1.png

Lord Tooka’s swirling black dress stood in stark contrast to Seela’s flowing magenta gown, which twirled around the Twi’lek’s shapely form in rhythm with the catchy orchestral number played by the live music ensemble. Thus, she fell into the cadence with an instinctual ease, in a manner not dissimilar to how she might maneuver her starfighter through an aerobatic routine. The connection was made that much more fluid as Lord Tooka led her through the dance just as she led the flight element, her moves being more traditional, yet perfectly in sync with Seela’s steps.

Before long, Seela felt the corners of her lips pulled up into a smile. The sudden and unfamiliar intimacy of the moment caused her cheeks to flush crimson with excitement, at which point Seela’s gaze suddenly magnetized on Tooka’s features. Her brilliant, violet-hued eyes, as captivating as they were mysterious, caused the Twi’lek’s lekku to twitch with wonder. A short mane of fair blonde locks framed her features like an art piece, a curious feature that the Twilek had always found adorable in humans, especially since she lacked hair of her own. And finally, her lips, delicate and sultry in nature, elicited a sudden hot sensation that caused the pilot to shake her head in a futile attempt to calm her rushing nerves.

“We should do this more often, my lady.” Seela suggested in a breathless tone, feeling bold as the joy of the evening soaked into her awareness. “Even if...” The Twi’lek paused, stroking her lekku unconsciously as she did. “It isn’t a party.” She finished with a soft, yet playful smile.

Lord Tooka gently stroke the Lekku of Seela with her fingertips. "My private quarters on my personal carrier would be a perfect place for that.
As soon as this farce is over, we should retreat there and party in private."

There was nothing to be misunderstood as her open visor reveal her flushed cheeks, feverish eyes and rare friendly smile.

Seela Leini Seela Leini

There was a sense of bittersweet pride as she watched Aerys take to the podium and give her speech. She was proud that her daughter had gained such a place of importance and influence within the Commonwealth that she was treated as a hero. The only thing that stung about it all, that caused that touch of sadness, was that Aerys did not call herself a Raaf. Maybe in time, maybe if they could all be reconciled, maybe there was a chance... but that was for something far off into the future.

She would applaud as Aerys finished her speech and introduced the pre-recorded message from High Queen Priestly and explained her absence with the birth of her next child. Yes, she was certain that it was a momentous night for the High Queen, but the presence of the Concordia and its attendant fleet and the soldiers securing the venue spoke of another reason why the High Queen may not be present. One didn't have to fear being caught in a crossfire or kill box if one wasn't present. While she would not sing along to the anthem of the Commonwealth, she would hum along with it as there was something about orchestral anthems and music in general, she always enjoyed.

Purple eyes would travel over to where her grandson Kaivaan was spiking in the Force, his nervousness about being in such a large gathering heading towards panic. Luckily, it seemed that Fiolette and other members of their family along with some of the young acolytes had noticed too. She felt the concern and suspicions through their bond, and she would give her wife silent support of her decision to have him go outside with others his age. He needed it and space after the captivity on that Star Destroyer.

"We should go join them," Taeli said quietly to Aerys, gesturing with her head to the little grouping. She also recognized the acolyte they were sponsoring there. She could sense her daughter's reluctance to agree, but her own daughter was with Fiolette and it would be rather odd to disagree with that. Unfortunately, they only got a few steps away from the stage as the music changed before a Keshiri woman appeared to shake hands and do meet and greets.

She put on an easy smile as the High Commissioner Vhondryl Gallear spoke warmly of Aerys's speech, even offering Taeli polite feedback on her own. Somehow, and she had a sneaking suspicion that Ivalyn had seen the Keshiri coming and had no desire to interact with their rival, had slipped past to engage with others nearby about the speeches. Through their bond, even as she felt Fiolette getting closer, she was sending a quiet plea for help to get away.

"We will have to speak later, High Commissioner, as I'm sure you'll be glad to know Aurora Industries is trying to help rehabilitate Kesh itself." she said as Fiolette and Lucette got closer. "However, my wife and my granddaughter require my attention. Enjoy the party."

She was curious about the Keshiri and the brewing rivalry between her and Ivalyn, who had clearly seen the disengagement and rejoined them briefly as Fiolette greeted them and Lucette rushed over to her mother and hugged her before looking at Taeli with admiration. In the young girl, her granddaughter as odd as it was to think that, she sensed... a familiarness. A touch of that bond with creature and nature that could only hint at the potential of a beastmaster and alchemist. If properly trained.

"That would be lovely, Lucette," Taeli remarked as the girl interrupted her mother before she could slip away with a request for establishing ties. As much as Aerys was loathe to do it, the strands of connection were starting to form in the family again. Taeli was determined to twine them together, but for now, she would add, "If you see any tiramisu, let me know. I have a weakness for it okay?"

She watched mother and daughter go back into the crowd, a small sigh escaping her as she unconsciously rested her hands on her stomach. The children would be what brought them all back together, she was sure. As she accepted Fiolette's arm, she would briefly touch the pendant concealed within the necklace she wore to feel her heartbeat. It was a soothing thing for the moment to feel her, although she was thoroughly distracted as the Trade Queen herself made a fashionably late arrival and looking stunning as always. There would be... respectful appreciation as Danger made her presence fully known to the gala.

"Who should we speak with first?" she asked, giving a small sly grin as she wasn't the only who had watched Danger enter the event. Her wife couldn't hide that either. "And maybe we can quickly stop by the banquet table? I am absolutely famished for some reason."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom