Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandalorian Crusade | MC vs GR Invasion of Kashyyyk

REPUBLIC HOLONEWS NETWORK

Location: Kachiro Beaches (West = GR-controlled territory; East = UMC-controlled territory)
Objective: Provide coverage of the invasion, interview Mandalorian Crusaders
Characters: Republic Combat Journalist Team

Cabur followed the developing battle with commentary focused primarily on clarifying incidents and details that were harder to glean from the shifting view of the holocamera. Their speeder was skimming the surface of the lake at high speed, water spray kicking up from behind. They followed the large Mandalorian force as if they were a symbiotic pair; the Mando'ade gave Cabur the stories he told, and Cabur gave them context in exchange. The picture he was painting through his commentary was a vivid one, discussing the details of not only the events, but insight into the lives behind both sides of this war.
The speeder bounced, causing Cabur's voice to hitch as he continued. He was nearly shouting for the noise. "We're crossing the lake now, right in the heart of the Mandalorian formation. As you can see, they have these massive walkers shielding the rest of their force from overhead - " Gib turned the camera upward and panned across the belly of the immense mechanical beast that walked above them " - and they're pushing some sort of smoke screen out in front, it's...it's bathing the water and the beaches in this impenetrable fog, and seems to cling to everything it touches. I can hear screaming, it seems to be coming from the fog itself, but it's dispersed and shaky, I-I don't really know what we-we're hearing."
The Mand'alor himself, Ra Vizsla, had caught Cabur's attention long enough to signal his army's developments. First there was the smoke and the screaming noises, and as the first of the Mandalorian forces joined in battle with the Republic, Gib had to yank his camera away from the armored war leader. The holocam managed to adjust partially to the cloud-riddled landscape, taking in every explosion, every death and every shout that it panned over.
Cabur stood up from his seat and rested his knee on the edge of the speeder, sitting back against it and holding himself up by the transparasteel windscreen. He had seen warfare before. He had seen the Republic military engage on numerous battlefields, Mandalorians too. But seeing the two pitted against one another was...an amazing and brutal experience that shook Cabur at his core.

The tenacity with which each side fought against their foe was apparent in every shout, every thrust, every pull of the trigger. Mandalorian soldiers weathered barrages of grenades before rushing Republic trenches and procedurally slaughtering their occupants. The defending soldiers buried their enemies in waves of cannon fire, forming teams to divide and isolate the shield walls that formed here and there to flood their fighting positions. These isolated groups of Mandalorians were hemmed in and executed before their killers were done in themselves by flanking attackers. It was a brutal game of dejarik where each substantial victory was immediately nullified by a resounding defeat, and Cabur found he couldn't look away.
"Bring us closer, around Vizsla's ship," Cabur demanded. Ayca nodded and swung the speeder away from the large vehicle, bringing them onto the shore. Rockets flew overhead and laser cannons screamed, each side whittling away at the other with the best they had to offer. Each strength became a weakness, and for a time neither side yielded. Eventually though, as they followed, Cabur observed Mandalorian teams route Republic positions in the trenches, though their losses were substantial in doing so. The Mando'ade secured the foothold they needed to claw their way out of the lakewaters, foot by foot. Their nails were torn from all their scraping, but their body remained strong.
Cabur set Gib up on the dry sands of the beach, giving him a wide view of the battlefield. Reams of blaster fire came too close for comfort, but this is where the team needed and wanted to be. "As things develop, we can see that the Mandalorian Clans have begun to pull themselves out of the water and are now contesting the beach. The Republic's trench lines were well thought and forced the Clans to pour large amounts of personnel into them in order to route those fighters, but as you see there - " Cabur pointed, ducking suddenly as Republic air support careened overhead, loosing missiles at Mandalorian vehicles " - the first and second trench lines have already been filled. It doesn't look as if the Republic will manage to hold the beaches...but, wha-what's that? Gib pan up and right! No! The other-feth, right there! It's...tanks, we're seeing Republic tanks it appears, cropping out from over the bluffs dividing the forest from the lake. Yes, Republic tanks, they're starting to open fire no - " Cabur was cut off as a high-velocity sabot round penetrated the thick energy shield being expelled from one of the Mandalorian Ori'edee walker and scattered friction-molten particles that bored into its armor, leaving a series of large, fist-sized smoking holes. The force of the sabot round penetrating the shields created a concussive wave that threw Cabur's speeder onto its side as it was tossed dozens of meters away.
Ayca was thrown from the craft, as was Cabur, though Gib, strapped into his seat, remained stuck inside during the vessels unscheduled flight. Cabur felt his body grow wet as he was thrown into the dark-colored sand, his mind reeling and his vision blurry. He rolled sideward and pushed himself up with one hand, then patted the dark spot over his vision. Blood covered his fingers, a fact he hardly registered as he forced himself to shaky knees and began staggering across the sand toward the smoking wreckage of their vehicle. Ayca was leaning against the engine shroud, her hands in her lap and her head hanging grossly to one side. Cabur grimaced, though even making the expression caused him pain as he checked her pulse. There wasn't one.
Using the speeder's frame as support, Cabur struggled to round the edge and locate Gib, who was dangling from the vehicle's rear seat with his hands over his head. He was unconscious, but alive. Cabur unclipped his restraints and helped the man's body to the ground as best he could, then retrieved the camera and tended to his wounds. His ears were ringing, and he suspected blown. It wouldn't be the first time. Blaster bolts and turbolasers cut back and forth across the battlefield around them as Cabur rested the camera in his lap and struggled to continue his live stream with a slight slur.
"Ith this ith s-still transmitting...our driver is dead, broke her n-neck. The shields exploded...I don't know why...it threw our vehicle, ou-our driver is dead..." Cabur panned the camera across the scene from where he had collapsed for a moment, then shook his head and winced at the flashes of pain doing so caused. The pain sharpened his mind, cleared it of fog for the time being, and Cabur was able to stand once more. "The Mandalorian advance is s-still moving, though the tanks have...sthtopped them for...for now."
It seemed the Mandalorians recognized this as well. As Cabur Codi forced himself to stand upright, [member=Ra Vizsla]'s vehicle drew up near them. Without a word, as before, the Mand'alor gestured, and Cabur watched. The gobbling sounds Cabur soon heard would have killed him with laughter if he weren't so shocked to hear them. What followed, however, in few ways reflected the vulnerability and weakness the gobbling had hinted at. Powerfully legged birds flooded the beaches from Mandalorian vessels and began bombing the shores where the remaining Republic positions were stationed. The ground shook, and continued shaking, for minutes on end, and all Cabur could do was stand and stare in disbelief.
"It...it appears the Mandalorians have decided to employ Dantooinian turkeys as suicide bombers. The gobbling...while annoying, also conveys a sense of fear and impending doom to the listener. As I hear it, I can't help but wonder if my own number is up..."

Allies: [member="Sko'saht"]
Enemies

Rianna had been doing her best to calm the wookie she thought she had earned a bit of it's trust when suddenly it picked her up and tossed her like the light weight she was. Her staff immediately went looking for tranquilizers, Rianna laid against the wall sore and reminding herself she was not as young as she once was.

Getting tossed about like a rag doll would definitely leave a few bruises that [member="Ordo"] would want an explanation for.

Rianna peeled herself from the wall and walked towards the Wookie, "I've had enough of this" she waved her hand exuding calm towards the wookie, "We are not here to harm you" She stepped closer again, just as the intern came with the injection, "Now this will not hurt" How could it and getting it through all the fur would require a talented medic.

She looked up and saw determination, "You're protecting your family, so are we. Do you know the history of the Republic? Or the Mandalorians?"

Several deep growls answered her, "Yes I know no one is without issue. My last visit to Kashyyyk I saw so much that made me think that Wookies and Mando'ade could live side by side."

The Wookie leaned down asking her questions about her last visit.

"A time ago, I was younger I came to learn" She nodded, 'Yes Jedi" Shaking her head no, "No I do not serve the Republic to many disagreements then, and now it's just too complicated."

Rianna was working on closing the wound now, everyone was calm.

"Rianna Organa Ar'klim"

She nodded and smiled, "Yes Alderaan Organa's we are still here"

The chittering stopped as did the growling at her.

"There is history yes..perhaps we should talk about history and see where you clan and mine can find equal ground"

A slow nod, and then the offering of the other arm.

Objective: Remind Draco to bring home pickles
Non-Combat
Post 2

Personal Conversation between Faith and her Aide, Ana

Ana and Faith watched the news. Ana looked over, "Are you going to do a news conference?" Faith looked over, "Why, I'm not the Minister of Intelligence anymore. I'm the Ambassador from Alderaan."
Ana nodded, "not a word?"

Faith looked at her, "What would you have me say, that [member="Ember Rekali"] is likely spinning in his grave right now. I think he would say [member="Lady Kay"] kept her word to him, she did what she said she would. She then carried the word back to the Republic and that's where it stopped."

Faith rubbed her stomach, "They did put Ali Hadrix on Trial, and it just never went anywhere and they allowed her into a position of authority afterwards, basically putting a thumb in the Mandalorians face. Additionally they let Alderaan go neutral even if they wouldn't let us leave from under their influence, but that's in the past we are under the Mandalorians now."

Ana nodded, "but were they supposed to let Alderaan go, or let those who wanted to leave go?"

"yes. It is what was said let those go who wanted to go."

Ana sat quietly, "Do you think there is cause?"

Faith shrugged, "the Mandalorians go where the Mand'alor tells them. If the Mand'alor sees the Republic as a danger to Mandalorians then they are justified and what anyone else thinks is irrelevant. "

"But" Ana pushed a little more.

"Genevieve Lasedri did the most damage to the Republic the companies would never forget it, and the Senate would never forget. As for Jack, well, Jack started out doing all the right things but before I left office there were some irregularities when I was looking over the Intelligence budget, minor nagging irregularities on transfers showed up, nothing that anyone would really notice. But someone with time might ask. I think [member="Jack Sparrow"] was skimming from Republic Accounts it started shortly after his taking office, but I've got no proof. [member="Caius Flavian"] is a good man, I like him. I just don't know if he can salvage the Republic from itself. Additionally many look at it and see toxicity. Let's face it there's blood is in the water and it's time to buy property. I don't want to talk about this anymore Ana"

"I want pickles with my ice cream"

//encrypted message
[member="Draco Vereen"]
I think some of those Deneba Garlic Pickles would go great with the Ice Cream.
Can you bring some of those too??
Love and miss you.
//transmission ends

Ana switched the channel, "Faith, there are turkeys on Kashyyyk"

"Turkeys? Like gobble gobble turkeys?" Faith stared and laughed, "Do you see Draco there? If he gets hurt after we just patched him up after Nar Shaddaa, I'll make him spend a week in the den with all those half nude pictures of the Mand'alor hanging on the wall."

Faith shook her head, "Let's make cookies" Pregnancy had brought out the hungry beast inside.

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (semi-retired)
Beach Assault
Allies: [member="Briika Tor"], [member="Vilaz Munin"], [member="Isley Verd"], [member="Keira Ticon"], [member="Zef Halo"], [member="3X744"], [member="Bendak Orden"], [member="Deneve Verd"], [member="Alkor Centaris"], [member="Marcus Lok"]
Enemies: Republic
Gear in bio

Apparently the world around Briika was being assaulted, but the seasoned baar'ur blocked it all out as she worked quickly and effectively to triage and treat the wounded verde. Those unfortunate few clansmen that were dead were given a black tag, and a short prayer to the Manda for them. The walking wounded were patched up and given a stim shot, then sent on their merry way into battle once again.

The others that required more immediate attention were stabilized by the battle medic best she could, then the corpsmen were called to take the injured to the staging area where the MedEvac transports would pick them up and take the vode to the Rapid Response Mobile Surgical Hospital (RMSU or Rimsoo) set up behind the front lines. From there the critical patients would be sent up to the medical frigate in orbit where Mando Healer [member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"] was directing the medical efforts from. Things were in flux, but Briika had learned to roll with the punches and just do the best she could given the situation.

Incoming pot shots were getting too close for comfort as she kneeled down on the ground next to her latest patient. The silver-armored medic activated the dinu'ul on her left gauntlet. The personal shield emitter would give them protection while she finished dressing a wound to the vod's arm. As soon as he was good to go, the clansman went one way and Briika went another. She was in search of where [member="3X744"] had gotten off to while Bree slipped into medic mode, and to rejoin [member="Vilaz Munin"] back at the front as her beloved helped to lead the Vanguard and Crusaders ever closer to the outer city of Kachirho, and hopefully to victory as Mandalore remembers.

Varien Moxla

V
Objective: Get to the Republic Lines.
Allies: [member="Kade Kelborn"],
Enemies: [member="Myles Savar"].

He saw the man get pulled into a bunker, but someone else must've jumped on it.

Varien saw the explosion, and he continued forwards. The men had to have been stunned if they weren't already killed, drawing his beskad, a Republic soldier got up and tried charging him.

Was he using his blaster rifle as a club?

He batted the swing away and then opened his arm up from the elbow down when he swayed to the side and then kicked his body down into one of the trenches. Varien soon followed, but he was at the end of the trench that Myles Savar was in with [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]. Behind and around him, the Kelborn Warriors were doing the same thing as he was. They were dropping into the trenches with him, or they were hopping over it to provide additional cover.

He wasn't paying much attention as the Mandalorian warriors that accompanied him began skirmishing in the Republic trenches.

Objective: Defend the beach at all costs
Allies: GR [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]
Enemies: [member="Kade Kelborn"] [member="Varien Moxla"]
Squad and Equipment:
Myles: Standard Republic Infantry Armor, Blaster Sniper Rifle, combat knife
2 man Heavy Gunner team: Standard Infantry Armor,Tripod mounted Heavy Repeating Blaster
The rest(9 men): Standard Infantry Armor, Blaster Rifles, Combat Knives

Myles struggled to his feet the fog finally clearing as Varien dropped into the trench in front of him. He shook his head setting the sniper rifle against the wall of the trench and pulling his combat knife. This close the rifle would be nothing but a hindrance anyway. the other two members of his squad switched to the pistols taking aim at the nearest Mando in the trench to them. It was right about now he missed he had traded in some of that extra range time in for some extra hand to hand training time.

"Cpl get on that radio and call shattered circle."

The Cpl nodded praying he had enough time to get it out. Shattered circle....they were surrounded and their were no lines anymore. The beach was effectively lost. Not that they would not continue to fight to the last man anyway.

"Alpha this is Zeta Shattered Circle I say again Shattered circle." "Zeta Out"

Myles took a breath and his knife in this right hand blade pointed out. He slashed at the closest Mando to him making his way towards Varien. If he was going to die today he was going to die on his feet fighting to his last breath.

Varien Moxla

V
Objective: Stop this cray crazy dude
Allies: @Mandalorian Clans
Enemies: [member="Myles Savar"].

Varien went through the motions of swinging his beskad back and forth, downing a Republic soldier here and there, but none of them killing strokes. He took longer to incapacitate them, crashing the pommel of his beskad through visors and then crashing heads into the walls of the trenches, that sort of thing. Sometimes he was forced to cut off a limb or two, but that was just collateral damage. He should've cared about that, but he didn't really.

If they got medical attention soon they'd live. If not, they would die as any soldier would.

"I don't want to kill you," he said, throwing his right hand over his shoulder in the form of a thumb as he pointed at the bodies he had downed. "These men follow you. Stand down and I'll get you out of here." The vocabulator distorted his voice just enough to make it impossible to recognize, but he doubted the man would listen. "Get out of my way."

Or I will make an example out of you.

Beach Assault
Objective: Win, Conquer, Repeat
Allies: [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Caspian Rekali"] | [member="Kima Betna"] | [member="Funky Balor"] | [member="Rekali the Hutt"] | [member="Ra Vizsla"] | [member="Preliat Mantis"] | [member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Mira Rekali"]
Enemies: [member="Elaine Thul"] | [member="Captain August"] | [member="Arisa Yune"] | [member="Myles Savar"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]
Gear: Signature

The Ori'edee was fine. One kinetic round against ceramic composite armor over mandalorian steel and duraium was nothing. Rather than actual vehicles of destruction they were based on the old gungan design which was able to withstand continuous bombardment, but amped up in size and available power. Even so as the first walker's shields began to break down and some of the more powerful projectiles began slipping through, the second walker's shields began expanding in size, pushing out to four hundred meters, covering all three trench lines, separating the remnants of the Republic infantry from their longer range vehicular support on the bluff while the second wave of warriors commanded by Ra Vizsla advanced on the Republic. With the Republic Counter-attack in place fighting it out with Myrkava battle tanks interrupted by the separation of the Ori'edee shields, allowing the first walker to recycle its shields quietly while under the protection from the second, slightly behind.

Draco himself in the trench works appreciated the protection, grateful that the Bral was still lingering behind the Ori'edee using it as protection to hide itself so that he could still draw on the Force while he attacked. Following up on his paddle beamer bolts aimed at the big power armored warrior's knees, he pulled into a charge, "Clan Vereen forward, we are jumping these. Leave them for the second wave and Betna to handle." He was tired of being stuck on the slow side with the right flank already ahead of them.

He entered the Ysalamiri field, catching blaster bolts on his shield and the front line dropped grenades as they then jumped over the Housecarls, using jump packs to jump the distance in a moments notice to take the fighting elsewhere. The grenades they dropped, Cryoban. Would be a nice surprise for the House Thul soldiers and help out the Rekali's and Betna's that were moving with Clan Vereen. They had taken some serious casualties in their dogged advance, but the Young Bloods were more than happy to jump right back into the foe, knowing those of them that died gloriously would be accepted into the Manda and those of them that lived would be one step closer to being fully accepted into the Clan.

Even as Draco ran another message appeared on his HUD from Faith. Pickles and ice cream? His stomach cringed at the thought of that taste combination. He made a mark on his HUD for an Ice Cream Shoppe and asked Siri to find a place that sells pickles. Republic Forces were charging, rushing and screaming, but they weren't broken. His time in the Netherworld, his time on Oricron, they had taught him a few things. He controlled his own destiny, he was responsible for his own actions. He could feel the fear pulsing and grating around him, tempting him to call on it, to harness it and magnify it one hundred fold. Vulkan had the power to drive hardened veterans to suicide rather than fight, but Draco had never shown that power. Draco couldn't show that power, it would be a step away from his family, a step back towards the Dark Side.

"Push through!" Draco's voice called out over the unit comms, hearing the roar of Myrkava engines behind him. "MIRA!" The Shukalar called on the comms, "Can you help me with getting into the City Tree? Stay away from Grak, too." Even as he said the name he could hear the howls of the Beast Shaman, Sklor howling hearing the name of his big cousin. Draco and Clan Vereen pushed up the hill and into the Third Trench, though they were pushing more for the tree, the actual city, than handling heavily engaged Thul forces.

The Shaman was mag-clamped to the Gorax's shoulder armor, safety harness and everything, pointing and yelling, "KILL THAT! SMASH! SMASH!" in order to direct the armored Gorax further into the city, big mace sweeping back and forth, armored boot stomping on the small things around him. At thirty meters tall, the only thing close to his weight-class was HAV/w A6 Juggernaut, everything else was small potatoes to be smashed, picked up and thrown, crushed, or beaten to scrap as far as the Gorax was concerned, Mandalorian and Republic alike, just anything in the direction he was going that he noticed. Luckily, he wasn't near a whole lot of Mandalorian forces, wrecking havoc on the north side of the city. Grak didn't have the basic intelligence to figure friend or foe, and was only partially directed by the Shaman's Force abilities. His weapon of choice was instead a Mandalorian Steel mace, already blunted and bent from beating it into the ground and banging it into metal things. Where was a padawan to handle the beast when you needed one?

Objective: Win the fight or die trying.
Allies: GR
Enemies: [member="Varien Moxla"]
Equipment: Standard Republic Infantry Armor, combat knife

Myles stood in a fighting stance lookign at the Mandalorian standing in fornt of him. Time seemed to slow to a crawl with nothing between him and Varien. He listened to the words his enemy spoke.

"You know I can't due that." "Duty and Honor prevent me from doing so even if I wanted to." "I fight for my people just like you fight for yours." "I will not dishonor their memories by taking the cowards path." "If I die here today then I will rejoin my brothers in death."

Myles took slow measured breaths standing his ground. He would not leave his men to be slaughtered. He would not dishonor the uniform. His free hand opened and closed quickly. He kept it in tight raising it up closer to his head ready to block a punch if need be.

Objective: Protection of medical personnel, CAS
Allies: Mandalorians, Rianna Ar'klim-Organa
Enemies: Republic Forces on the beach,
Equipment: Bio, MMG-84S Gunship (Piloting), MMG-84S Medical (Escorting)

Pulling into the hanger bay the medical transport lowered it's ramp as it landed. Medics rushed out the injured Mandalorians while outside the Verpine hovered his gunship. Pulling away to the front of the frigate so he could get a better view of the space battle as it developed he watched as a Republic fleet warped in. A few moments later lasers and ion batteries lit up the vacuum as the Mandalorian fleet opened fire.

"This is Clan Vereen Armed Gunship to the medical frigate. Advise the medical gunship that they are to continue ferrying wounded to you. I shall go rearm then provide armed escort for your ship and transports you send out. The Republic has killed non-combatants before." As Sko said this he set course for the nearest Mandalorian ship likely to be able to rearm his torpedoes and missile. He wasn't planning to allow Republic Forces to injure or kill the wounded and the gunship could provide a decent defense against anything from a corvette to a squadron of fighters with it's missiles and torpedoes.

Beach Assault
Allies: @Briik Tor, [member="Isley Verd"], [member="Keira Ticon"], [member="Alkor Centaris"], [member="Vilaz Munin"], [member="Marcus Lok"], [member="3X744"]
Enemies: Republic

Death by fire was the purest death. Or at least that's what some said. Elpsis could not see anything particularly pure about the sight or smell of charred corpses. However, her pyromaniacal tendencies certainly got the job done. The Mandalorians had taken casualties, but were making a steady push towards the city. Wookiees had turned out to be very flammable.

Her body temperature was elevated to a point where the unitiated observer would have had good reason to think she really needed to see a doctor. Her hands looked scorched and smoke emanated from them. All in all, she was doing well, beyond her cheek being grazed by a blaster bolt. One of the Mando Forcers had seriously mucked up an enemy walker. That was fun. Elpsis stretched out with her mind and focused her concentration on the forest around them, for she was sensitive to all things nature. They just happened to be surrounded by forest. Kashyyyk just happened to have trees that were not just fething tough, but bloody huge.

Abruptly she summoned roots from the ground, vines and trees nearby reached out to seize and ensnare Republic soldiers that might have survived the Mandalorians' onslaught with a crushing grip while the basilisks cleared the pathway towards the city by dealing with the walkers. Presumably Republican soldiers were bludgeoned or ensnared when she unleashed nature's wroth upon them. Vines and trees would run rampant to prevent enemies from escaping or trying to sneak up upon the Mandalorian war band.

K A S H Y Y Y K
Objective: Beach Assault

Allies: Mandalorian Clans | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Caspian Rekali"] | [member="Rekali the Hutt"] | [member="Funky Balor"] | [member="Preliat Mantis"] | [member="Zef Halo"] | [member="Loray Tares"] | [member="Isley Verd"] | [member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Aver Brand"] | [member="Kano Oda"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member=3X744] | [member="Kade Kelborn"] | [member="Varien Moxla"] | [member="Marcus Lok"] | [member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Briika Tor"] | [member=Sko'saht] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Arumi Zy"] | [member=Tusk] | [member=Goran] | [member="Kima Betna"] | [member="Nolan Detta"] | [member="Kami Meran"] | [member="Mira Rekali"] | [member="Aryn Spar"] | [member="Kronos Oda"] | [member="Buruk Surhaai"] | [member="Davon Karr"] | [member="Lorsima Gratiir"] | [member="Titan Kryze"] | [member="Mia Monroe"] | [member="Arla Balor"] | [member="Ginnie Ordo"] | [member="Ronan Vizsla"] | [member="Rach Vizla"] | [member="Aedan Miles"] | [member="Likar Kejis"] | [member="Aditya Mantis"] | [member="Ra Vizsla"]

Enemies: Galactic Republic | [member="Elaine Thul"] | [member="Captain August"] | [member="Ali Hadrix"] | [member="Arisa Yune"] | [member="Alena Reckar"] | [member="Kaiden Rohn"] | [member="Myles Savar"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] | [member="Rexus Drath"]

Ra began charging his spear into the first trench as machines of war flew overhead. Bombs were being dropped in every corner of the battlefield, as far as the eye could see. Republic soldiers fiercely fought against Mandalorian troops. Blaster bolts swarmed over the field of battle, above Ra's head, almost rhythmically. It was like a song.

A song Ra would sing in the trenches, to inspire those around him. The man had some serious pipes.

The voice of an angel.

The tongue of a siren.

The musical tune of a space walrus.

"Oh I'vvvve been working on the trennnnch road,

Allll the live long dayyy.

I'veee been working on the trennnch road
Just to passs the time awayyy.

Can't you hear the screamers blowinnng,

Rise up so early in the mornnn,

Can't you hear the screamers blowinnng,

Manda, blow your hoooorns."

Ra stopped, if only for a split second.

One of the Mandalorians next to him in the trenches was standing there, dumbfounded. They shared a moment, staring at each other.

Ra's face.

The soldier's face.

Ra's face.

The soldier's face.

The Iron Wolf pointed at the Mandalorian's beskad.

"Is that a songsteel hilt?"

The man nodded. Mand'alor smiled underneath his helmet.

"....Nice."

An explosion rocked the trenches in Ra's proximity, hitting him directly and sending him flying forwards further into enemy territory.
He would tumble, gripping the dirt and mud to regain his composure and balance.

Allies
Neutral

Enemies
Neutral​

Objective
Do things​

tumblr_mt0lf33Iau1qa792wo2_400.gif

"Incoming comm Captain." Came the voice of Ensign Briana Aldamar. "Private Mandalorian support vessel requesting identification and mission parameters."

"Maintain radio silence." Captain Tupu said as he glanced towards the woman. He couldn't have a stray comm broadcast giving them away to Republic forces. Regardless of why they were here, he doubted the Republic soldiers would care to differentiate between hostile Mandalorians and non-hostile Mandalorians at this exact moment.

Turning his attention back towards the rapidly approaching carpet of green treetops, Lani couldn't help but to feel that something was off. They should not be seeing treelines at their current altitude. "Frell." Captain Tupu muttered under his breath as he glaned at their coordinates. Not only were they off-course by several hundred kilometers, but nobody had taken into account just how karking tall the trees on Kashyyyk were.. "We're out of time Naast'ika." He said aloud as his hand clenched around the nearest railing. "Activate dovin basals now. Bow-up 20-degrees, we need to slow this descent."

<Too late.> Captain Tupu thought to himself as Naast'ika complied with his instructions. A few seconds later and the first and tallest of the massive Kashyyykan trees snapped as the bulky BioCorvette roared past it. A violent series of shakes and shudders rippled through Naast'ika's hull as more and more trees snapped from his passing, each vibration trying to toss Captain Tupu to the floor. Only the timely activation of his Beskar'gam's gravity boots saved him from that particular embarrassment.

Glancing at the display once more, Captain Tupu could already tell that they were not going to recover from this particular failure. A series of beeps reverberated through the bridge as the ship came to the same conclusion and adjusted course. It took only a moment for Lani to realize the massive error that his ship had just made.

"Naast'ika no! That's a swamp!"

tumblr_mt0lf33Iau1qa792wo9_r1_400.gif

Varien Moxla

V
Objective: Put down the enemy.
Allies: @Mandalorians
Enemies: [member="Myles Savar"], Republic.

"I'll make it quick," he said with an affirming nod of his head.

Varien wasn't going to punch the man. He may have been inducted as a Mandalorian, he may have recognized the man was holding a knife and expected him to get closer to him for a fist fighter or something of the sort, but why would Varien do that? Because he was young and headstrong? Because he was a Mandalorian who would respect and recognize the single combat?

Well, he did.

But he wasn't about to take out one of his two knives for a knife fight.

Varien's left hand tightened around the beskad in his hand and he strode forwards, a horizontal slash with the eighty centimetre length blade for the man's throat. He was close enough to extend his entire arm out, and so that the tip of the blade would cut through his jugular and nothing more if he was too slow to stop the force enhanced slash. Besides, he was much taller than the Republic man. Much. And in the trenches there wasn't much wiggle room.

The most he could do was give this man a quick death.

Kista Fel

Abdication and Humility
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ6ABV_Q9qU​
War had cometh to the world of the Wookiees.
Proud, Stubborn, and Strong the Wookiees have always been.
Traditions that were as deep as the Wroshyr tree roots.
Kachirho was home to a closely guarded secret.
One that the Mandos had brought wrought and smote with tipped blades heated by the passionate desire to bring the fury of their warrior cultures demand for revenge.
They had chosen to attack the Claatuvac Guild’s home. A treasured and guarded secret of the wookiees lay within the Guild’s Halls.
Strategic value had been chosen by the latest Manda’lor rather than the murderous rampage of the previous one.
The Wookiee Clans around the world had committed many of its kin to the defense of the city. It was of cultural significance held firmly.
The Republic had to scramble a response to defend the Wookiees when they called for aid.
For Mandalore had come and with their blades and blasters sought to pillage the home world of the Wookiees.
The worlds of the Republic were still mustering in defense against the numerous attacks and atrocities being committed against it.
For Mandalore had like many nations and groups before it had chosen to take the path of cognitive dissonance as had the Republic.
The war that now raged was one of chaos and confusion defined goals set by those who sought to continue to bleed the wounds as broken animals confined to a cage.
Born of the Red Dawn and the orchestrators of war opportunities.
The common citizen of the Republic now suffered as any person who sought to be apart.
War had come, the beaches of Kachirho would be strewn of the dead of many of those who defended their homes. The ideals of a democratic future of systems joining together in the cold of the void.
Like candles in windows of a keep the siege of the Republic continued.

Location: South by Southeast approximately 10 kilometers out; Elevation approximately 1800 meters and descending
Allies: Republic

Enemies: Mandalorians
Writer: [member="Caius Flavian"]

So it was in the young Fel’s mind as she rode in the dropship to the battle below
The Mandalorian assault was in full swing. With the Republic forces being battered.
The elements of the 1st Expeditionary Strike Brigade were inbound. Escorted by the 3rd Tactical Group, the 5th Control Group and 6th Support Group were approaching from the southeast. With two airlifted companies from the 670th Infantry the fight would on soon enough. The Main Vanguard of the ESB was going to be spearheaded by the 26th armored battalions Bravo Company and 161st Infantry battalion’s companies were entering what would be considered the city limits from the north. As the formation of air units began to break up with the tactical and control groups heading toward the enemy forces the Support Group was to continue to fly around the southern end of the archipelago.

This was going to be a proving ground, a test of the idea behind the ESB organization. It was an idea she had begun in the final weeks leading up to her abdication of the Imperial Remnant’s throne and subsequent collapse in to warlordism. The remaining legion of storm troopers had formed the initial core of the brigade. The rest were fresh recruits from some of the new worlds that had joined the Republic. Training was and getting unit cohesion was also likely the worst aspect of putting this together. Thus although confident in the forces she had committed to this battle and their ability. The rest of the ESB was still in the works and thus not fully deployed nor committed to the Kashyyyk theater.
Upgrading and properly outfighting the entire brigade was a logistical nightmare and what was being committed to this fight was what was currently available in the Republic’s inventory in surplus.
Kista’s could see in the distance the aquatic transports being used to support the mandos advanced forces.

The Republic forces and allies who had arrived to set up the initial defense were being pushed up the beach. It appeared forces of House Thule of Alderaan was in force. As the first line began to retreat the CSAF and KSU units began to shore up the second and third lines.
An elastic defense was going to be required.
She switched over on the comms to the leader of the bomber squadron “Alright Widow Maker! Hit them where it hurts!” The Support group would be touching down behind the City limits on heels of the KSU forces. The Gunships however were going to fly through the forest and deploy its squads of infantry to the higher positions in the trees.

Equipment of Kista Fel
Republic Combat Armor
Lightsaber (grey color)
1x T-998c Blaster Rifle
2x T600c Blaster Pistol

Composition of 3rd Tactical Group
1x Squadron of Rendili Star Fighters
1x Squadron of Dodonna Interceptors
1x Squadron of TIE Seekers
1x Squadron of TIE Punishers

Composition of 5th Control Group
1x Squadron of Wroshyr Class Assault fighters
1x Squadron LAAT Gunships

Composition of 6th Support Group
2x Squadrons of Atlas Dropships
2x Squadrons of Valkyrie Dropships

Composition of Ground Forces
1x Squadron of Baldr Assault Guns (Airlifted by 1x Squadron of Valkyrie Dropships from the 6th Support Group)
1x Squadron of Z-10T MBT (Airlifted by 1x Squadron of Valkyrie Dropships from the 6th Support Group)
4x Republic Infantry Companies (Airlifted by the 2x Squadrons of Atlas Dropships and LAAT Squadron)

Kara Runo

Callsign "Widow Maker"
Location: South by Southeast approximately 10 kilometers out; Elevation approximately 1800 meters and descending

Allies: Republic
Enemies: Mandalorians
Writer: [member="Caius Flavian"]

Whoooooo! Yes Ma’am! Time to pound the ground and rock this beach party!”
Commander Kara Runo yelled in response over the comms to the General.
A portion of the the old Imperial Remnant equipment and armory still remained and had been shifted over to the slowly forming 1st ESB the General now commanded.
Kara was excited to the say the least.
It has been years since she had participated in an atmospheric fight and she definitely could tell there was a bit of rust caked to her movements.
Still though taking the lead of Delta Squadron while surrounded by the fighters and interceptors as Delta lined up for its first bombing run was certainly bringing back the thrill of challenging gravity.
At their current speed the Tactical and Control Groups would be hitting in the next minute. Arguably the bombers could be higher but flying lower to the surface had allowed the whole of the fighters and Close Air Support to maneuver strategically from the outer staging areas.
That was the pain for Kara was the not knowing of where the enemy was going to land. It was in part the problem when being a defender of a planetary body.
Hell Kara could almost hear Commander Stark’s droning voice prattle on about the difficulties of being an attacker and defender in a planetary invasion.
For the Defender it was determining where the enemy would land and concentrating forces appropriately.
For the attacker it was maintaining momentum and also keeping up Aerial and Void Superiority to supply the ground forces.
In this case the Republic had spread its defenses around the planet but still the response to the ferocity of the attack at Kachirho had so far been delayed either due to weather or simply distance. The forces here were battered but reinforcements were arriving.
For Kara this was what she loved the most was being a bombardier, next to being a dropship pilot the high of slagging an opposing enemy was something she enjoyed.
Alright lads and ladies we’ve got ourselves an attack run! Lets hit them in succession
She spoke across the ACE’s comm channel
An easy and basic tactic, nothing fancy just each squadron was going to pepper the enemy as the two heavy hitters of the Punishers and Wroshyr fighters would pummel.
The problem though would be keeping the staying power of the ACE. Ammunition on the heavy hitters would run quick in the next five to ten minutes which was almost an eon in atmospheric/void combat time.

Composition of 3rd Tactical Group
1x Squadron of Rendili Star Fighters - RENDILI FREEDOM LEGION 4TH SQUADRON
1x Squadron of Dodonna Interceptors - "PLEB DAGGERS"
1x Squadron of TIE Seekers - SCIMITAR SQUADRON
1x Squadron of TIE Punishers - DELTA SQUADRON

Composition of 5th Control Group
1x Squadron of Wroshyr Class Assault fighters - "Sky Claws"
1x Squadron LAAT Gunships - "RACK STACKS"

Composition of 6th Support Group
2x Squadrons of Atlas Dropships
2x Squadrons of Valkyrie Dropships

Location: West Beach, Third Trench, staring down an nightmare
Objective: Beach Assault
Friends: [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Ra Vizsla"] [member="Rekali the Hutt"] [member="Caspian Rekali"] [member="Kano Oda"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Kade Kelborn"]
Targets: [member="Elaine Thul"] [member="Kaiden Rohn"] [member="Myles Savar"]

Gear:
Eukar'gam with funny boots
Grappling rope
Heavy Ripper
Jairi Edee (8 in a quiver on his back)
Jaian Bes'tratur

[youtube]https://youtu.be/T65rW_SIzg0[/youtube]

(OOC: It's been over 24, and your orders were to make yoru men march but yourself, so I suppose I'll pay the fighting the NPC's myself. If you fidn this disconcerting, I indeed apologize. But I can see it ocming even with shortsighted eyes)

With purposeful movement and terrible sound,
The Force unmaintained let Funky fall down.

The armies mixed upturned on this trench
He climbs a ladder to mount a gun-nest!

He picks up a staff that's raised to his lips
And takes a deep breath form stomach to hips!

Oh, no, this horn has yet to blow, ride on, Mando'a!
Oh, whoa, hear this dancer roar, ride on Mando'a!

[youtube]https://youtu.be/zX3YcI7xNEI[/youtube]

History lives, as we hear the roar
The Mandos tell tales of old Mythosaurs....

MANDO'A!!!

History lives, and we hear the roar
The Mandos become the new overlords

MANDO'A!!!!!

And as the of the Bes'tratur echoed through the smoke,
A voice rose form the trenches, a roar among the folk.
And as the men all clambered to try to holed the line,
The Mando known as Funky wished he had a glass of wine.

For in other lands the people sang, and children came to play.
And in other towns the farmers gloated for what they reaped this day.
But as the Trench was lit with fire and steel and blood,
A deep and heavy voice croaked through and echoed on the mud.

Funky smirked as he heard the Hutt was soon approaching.
But he was never quite the one to be outdone by those encoraching.
So as the commlink chirped he gave a merry, strange reply.
"It's a truly a glorious day for someone else to die!"

So those who come to seek the glory runnign through the trenches.
Betna's own berserkers, Rekali's oddest men to mention,
There was not greater joy than the glory sought in war,
And now t'was time to hear the dance and song of Clan Balor.

Funky leapt, or rather dive for atop the gun nest,
A trooper fire up at him, the striking his barrel chest
He wished he had a mead in hand to drink as hi fell down.
But the spear-end of the battle horn pierced the soldiers crown.
Althoug he felt the pain of takign a shot to the chest,
The blood did little to tint the color of his violet vest,
The armor did well enough to keep it to surface graze,
So now he slowly rose up and gave his staff a raise.
With stance to which a Tusken raider might now pay and homage,
The Dancer of A'liit Balor would now keep his own promise,
For if a war was what was asked by clan and Mand'alor
Then he would dance a champion, and bring men down by scores.

(OOC: Again, should any clarifications be needed, feel free to PM me. I hope we're having fun, even those tasked here to defend me.)

Objective: Defend the West Beach at all costs
Allies: GR [member="Kaiden Rohn"] [member="Myles Savar"] [member="Alena Reckar"] [member="Elaine Thul"] [member="Kara Runo"] [member="Kista Fel"]
Enemies: [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Arumi Zy"] [member="Sko'saht"] [member="Funky Balor"] [member="Rekali the Hutt"] [member="Ra Vizsla"] [member="Varien Moxla"]
Equipment: 2 grenades, bowcaster (primary), SI-74 anti-tank rifle (secondary), WESTAR Skirmisher armor

Surrounded, but not , she could always play dead in the trench until the Mandalorians have made their advance all the way to the outer city at which point she can fire back at them in a surprise effect. The element of surprise her gambit would create may add to the Republicans' perfidy, which was uneven at best, despite the reputation it seemingly had among Mandalorian circles for just that. Just making them think that they died in that trench would probably allow them to leave them alone for a while so that they can strike at the Mandos later. With the noise of Republican territorial defense fighters closing in on the beaches, the Mandalorians will soon be in for a surprise. That their enemies will soon use the Mandalorian smoke devices against them, with the fighter force under [member="Kara Runo"] who, for the time being, was hidden under the cover of the enemy smokescreen unleashed in an attempt to make the Republican armies cower in fear.

"Lay down, play dead until the Mandos have advanced or reinforcements arrive: they shall be surprised" she whispered to the rest of the Squad.

"I'm not sure it will work" a member of the Squad told her.

"The thermal signatures of the dead take longer to decay out in the heat of Kashyyyk's beaches"

"I might not agree with your methods but you have a point"

"Sometimes it is better to fall in disgrace now so that we can later win back our dignity, if it allows you to gain victory in the process" another member of the Squad told her.

While [member="Varien Moxla"] was busy with [member="Myles Savar"], Jessica wanted to pull off a Parthian shot so that they can at least attempt to make use of the momentum the Republican fighter force was about to bring with them, knowing that their current predicament would lead to their deaths. Sometimes fighting to the last man requires tactical adjustments to actually do. So they lay dead in hopes that the Mandos won't notice that there is actually a plan behind that.

Objective: Pest Control
Allies: Mandalorian Clans | [member="Ra Vizsla"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Caspian Rekali"] | [member="Rekali the Hutt"] | [member="Funky Balor"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"]

Enemies: Galactic Republic | [member="Elaine Thul"] | [member="Captain August "]| [member="Ali Hadrix"] | [member="Kara Runo"] | [member="Kista Fel"]

Mira didn’t remain still, not even for a moment.

The finger of Guri Pasha would no doubt be attempting to follow her around like someone tracing a constellation in the sky and at times losing their place.

The only time she might catch a glimpse would be when Mira stopped to pounce the next nest of Republic troopers. A swift kick to the chest would send one flying off the perch and into the abyss below, a howl in piercing the midst of chaos caused her attention to shift behind her. Massive hands descended down upon her and it took all her strength, augmented by what Force she could immediately muster from being bashed into the woshyr branch. The Wookiee before her roared something fierce, causing Mira to turn her face away, wincing beneath the visor. *Phew buddy, even through filters I can smell your breath…* He roared again and bore his weight down, causing Mira to buckle down to one knee as she held onto him by the wrists.

A painful bit, but none the less.

She sensed anger in him, almost on a feral level – but also fear. It wasn’t fear of the Mandalorians but something else. The Republic presence? Was there something deeper that she wasn’t seeing? Had the past conflicts where the Republic had failed come back to haunt them where the native Wookiees wanted nothing to do with them? Maybe they were being forced to fight for them?

It would explain a lot.

The moment she broke concentration – the Wookiee won the battle of strength.

As she struggled to maintain the one knee stance, the burning hatred licked at her core as her crimson gaze bore through the t-visor of her buy’ce.

*You want to protect your world…* She said through gritted teeth as she began to clench down upon the fury flesh and dense bone beneath, the crushgaunts activating with minimal effort.

*But you don’t want it to change….* The momentum would begin to shift as the sound of flesh tearing and bones crunching beneath her grip, she’d begin lifting herself back to an upright position as the Wookie bellowed in pain.

*You’re all puppets…* One hand would let go as she lifted the Wookiee off the ground, holding him up by a wrist. *Tangled in strings…* Mira would glance at her free hand, flexing it as the crushgaunt slowly deactivated. The scent of hatred filled her nostrils as she turned back to the Wookiee. *This is the end…* Her free hand rose and a splash of Spark Bee Honey would eject from the cartridge in her wrist launcher and splatter against his fur, matting it down. *Nothing lasts forever…*

She spun on her heel and utilized her momentum to hurl the Wookiee, using both Force augmented strength and inertia. Just before releasing him into the air, a quick burst of the flamethrower came forth – from the exact hand that held him. It would catch the sticky Spark Bee Honey and ignite it, thus turning the Wookiee into a flaming, 150 kilogram nightmare. Howls, screams and Force knows what else came from the beast as he went up just high enough to smash into the cockpit of one of the very low, and very fast swooping LAAT Gunships.

Of course, this would send one Gunship into another and that one into tree and cause quite a stir.

Meanwhile, Mira would stand there and stare at the destruction caused by one raging Wookiee and sigh, brushing herself off before turning away from the scene and singing.

*I’ve got no strings,

To hold me down,

To make me fret, or make me frown,

I had strings but now I’m free,

There are no strings on me!*

She turned back to look at the flames burning away against the trees in the distance before turning back, snapping her fingers.

*Your arms are free,

And you have no fur,

You had strings,

but I cut them free*

Unfortunately for Mira, she’d be stopped mid-song by a shout in her comm. She’d wince beneath her visor. *Yeah, yeah! Don’t shout! I can hear you!* She grumbled. *I’m on my way.* With that, Mira headed out. She'd go from branch to branch, using her flight system to aid her.

She was singing, wasn’t she? Thanks to the interruption by Draco, she had forgotten where she was. Maybe it was best to just end it.

*There are no strings on me…* She said with assertion.

Causalities: 2 LAAT Gunships, 1 Flaming Wookiee.

Beach Assault
Objective: Win, Conquer, Repeat
Allies: [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Caspian Rekali"] | [member="Kima Betna"] | [member="Funky Balor"] | [member="Rekali the Hutt"] | [member="Ra Vizsla"] | [member="Preliat Mantis"] | [member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Mira Rekali"] | [member="Isley Verd"] | [member="Keira Ticon"] | [member="Briika Tor"] | @
Enemies: [member="Elaine Thul"] | [member="Captain August"] | [member="Arisa Yune"] | [member="Myles Savar"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] | [member="Kara Runo"] | [member="Kista Fel"]
Gear: Signature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJuXKeiM4_0
The War Kindreds of Clan Vereen continued to make their way into the City Tree, hacking and slashing resistance they encountered, sputters of slug and ripper fire answering blasterfire from the Republic Troopers as they made their way into the city of Wroshyr Trees. Republic Armor was making a stand at the top of the bluff, having lied in wait until the beach was basically lost before attempting a counter-attack, and the skies had finally met resistance of the Republic Air Forces.

"I think its almost time." Draco said, patting one of the Shamans near him. The elder shaman nodded in agreement and clicked a few buttons on his wrist. In the bowels of the Ori'edee Shield walkers a few lights turned on, and Super Tactical Droids activated, but did nothing more than sit idle over their charges. "We will clear this tree, and engage the Republic Reinforcements in route to the South with Mira. Once we have them locked up, we will start." The Warlord roared, and the Mandalorians pressed into the close confines of the city tree.

Here they Kindred were safe from Republic vehicle support, unless they intended on firing on their own civilians, while the Mandalorians used their full arsenal on the combatants they found, equipped for close quarter battle and melee over their Republic opposition, and Stun weapons like Ion Beamers, Force Pikes, and Stun Cords, when they encountered civilians. Hrathgar, the Elder Shaman had them dragged into their homes again, with a little message <Stay in your homes. Mandalorians aren't the ones that like to kill civilians for convenience.> As the Mandalorians began pushing into the lower levels, they started encountering stiffer resistance in the form of machine gun nests set into the wroshyr tree and barricades made of the wood. The Republic forces to the south continued making their way in through the Bes'uliik Droids, the Ra'gr fighters, and other Mandalorian Air support. "Turn the Republics defense guns we've captured on the South and light em up. Use what Arrowhead missiles we have to down transports."

Grak, to the northern parts of the City jumped atop an AT-TE, the metal not necessarily rated to handle something bigger than an AT-AT jumping up and down on it as it buckled and screams from inside were heard. The Gorax's mace was slightly bent from smashing into things as he made his way further towards the city center where he would be able to engage the Republic from behind, sweeping his mace at what soldiers he found, stomping on foxholes, heavy blasterfire streaming from his shoulder as the crazed War Shaman cackled with glee as they continued to rampage through the Republic armor column. The amount of pain and suffering that could be delivered by a thirty meter tall monster wielding a club onto vehicles, was actually quite surprising to the Shaman. Sklor made notes that he wanted Grak to have a buddy next time, enjoying the destruction the beast was causing. Sniper fire from inside the shield projector smacked into his mobility shield. The shaman growled and laced fire in the direction it came from, checking his own shield. Twenty Percent. He would have to change power packs soon. There was a loud noise towards the beach and the Gorax's head lifted up, looking in that direction. "Huh?"

"RRRAAAAOOOOOORRRRR!" It roared in response, tearing off in that direction at a solid jog. Something caught its attention, and as much as Sklor tried to lead him back, Grak was on a mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom