Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost in Space [Mando'ade T3 Dominion of Myrkr Hex]

Allies: [member="Nyos Val"], [member="Vilaz Munin"], [member="Alkor Centaris"]
Enemies: [member="Lucien E. Irridius"]
(6/20)

The minutes before Irridius reestablished contact were spent assessing the extent of the damage the orbital bombardment had done to both the planet and the already established infrastructure. None of what had once been instated remained, all of it reduced to raging fires that were presently still in danger of spreading. With a few movements of her eyes she sent out a transmission to any of the Mandalorians on-planet that currently had their hands free to remain on standby and not seek out the origin of the blaze until the area had been deemed safe. As much as she wanted to prevent further destruction, she valued the lives of her people over anything else on the planet.

The look she gave Nyos from beneath her helmet as the call came through was one that communicated a single statement: if you step out of line again, there will be no hesitation. Wordlessly she accepted the transmission, a miniature hologram of the Grand Admiral once more appearing from the holoprojector on the underside of her left forearm. "That wasn't an attack sanctioned by our people, I want to make that clear. We have outsiders present on the planet that aren't amenable to staying out of business that doesn't concern them, and wires were crossed." Whether he would believe such a statement was a shot in the dark, and if the wires were crossed she wouldn't have accepted such an excuse, but it was the best she could do.

This reminded her far too much of the talks she had once led between her people and the Republic, and those had ended only arguably well, seeing as how both parties had come to something of an agreement. The main point had been that the Republic couldn't afford a war with the vode, but the same couldn't be said of the Imperials. At the present moment it was the Mandalorians who, while always tenacious and ready for a fight, didn't have the resources to spare for a drawn out conflict. That Irridius' actions seemed to be in part pressing for one didn't raise her spirits in the least, but she would do all in her power to prevent a war, something that was becoming an all too common theme in her life.

"I'm willing to continue negotiations. Let's try this again."

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
"Tsk, tsk, Keira," Irridius spoke, still admiring the fields of glowing fires far off on the surface of the planet, "take responsibility for your people's actions. The attack came from the same signal you were using to speak with me. There is no use denying your people are the ones responsible for the heinous attack on an Imperial Officer."

The Grand Admiral turned his gaze back to her, remorse and guilt completely absent from his features. Instead, he was smiling pleasantly, as if he hadn't just ended hundreds of lives without a second thought. It wasn't bothering him either. No, he felt absolutely nothing for those wretched savages who were smoldering on the jungle floor. The Imperials had prevailed here as they always do and now it was simply time to offer the hand of mercy after the stick of war had done its duty. Without missing a beat and without the slightest regard for the Mandalorian desires, Irridius spoke calmly, politely and with a matter of fact.

"As I stated earlier, I will present to you, terms for your unconditional surrender. Firstly, I will be dispatching a legion of Stormtroopers to collect seven dozen Ysalimir specimens for immediate transport. You will be guiding them. Second, in preparation for an Imperial Navy logistics operation, I will be deploying a prefabricated base to serve as a collection point for these Ysalimir specimens. It shall remain for the foreseeable future and until the Moff Council decides upon the resources they wish to dedicate to this planet."

A short pause as he adjusted his gloves, "continued attack or denial of these terms will be followed by a secondary strike on your population centers."

His expression at the end of his berating, was one of stone. He felt no remorse for his actions and wasn't about to apologize for them. He waited with Keira and as her conversation continued, he felt looks coming from Keira as the conversation was clearly directed towards him. Nyos linked into the comms of the city and walked away from Keira to rahabilitate the city he had just ruined.

He received word from all over about damage and casualties. Moving towards the rubble he located the nearest relief center to help.

[member="Lucien E. Irridius"][member="Keira Ticon"]

“Well Bloodborn, not the greatest at making people feel better. I am a doctor not a psychotherapist” That was said with a bit a shrug. She paid people to have bedside manner as she had none. This was before things got too exciting and not in a good way.

Rashae nodded and swallowed hard. She would be lying if she said she wasn’t afraid. Her hands motioned for her team to fall back as they were ordered to meet up with Drof and stick together with Blood born watching their back, six. She wasn’t sure why they called watching one’s back, watching your six. In either case it was comforting a bit.

Ardgal’s report was alarming and interesting. She decided to focus on the interesting. “Ardgal can I get a feed on what data you are getting, please. “ She asked trying to keep the shake out of her voice. This was supposed to be a science expedition not a survival expedition.

Bloodborn pulled up the rear as they followed the column through the vent grated passage ways. She leveled a glare at Drof for saying such a dreadful thing now he had her team panicked as ever steam release and sound they were eeping. Rashae turned and had to shush them vehemently which didn’t help the sound that echoed through out. The air was thick with fear. She herself was among them.

She tried stepping carefully and quietly but the doctor had no skill at this. Rashae felt like she sounded like a freight train. The woman’s eyes for detail were sharp for one who had no enhancements as her head sharply turned towards the darkened recesses. She swore she saw a tentacle or something. Her eyes narrowed but she couldn’t peer into the black nothing. Part of her said that something was there. Her nose caught something which caused her to turn her scanner towards the black nothing.
Rashae would motion for the rest of her team to pass her as she scanned, made adjustments to parameters that was outside norms as none of this was normal. She got closer to the edge of the railing as the scientist was engrossed in adjusting the readings that was producing odd numbers. It certainly wasn’t picking up anything with heat. Cold, cold blooded or wait, cold water sort of. There were adjustments for detecting deep underwater species. The scanner started sweeping. Cold water species have more than one heart. Now if this genetic fusion mutation was of something similar, a pseudo heart would develop to assist in getting blood to outlying limbs. Added oxygen, added strength added a lot of things.

‘Beep’

She got something. That something whipped out a tentacle at her feet and pulled. Rashae grabbed the railing with a death grip as she screamed. She tried wrapping her arms and get her other leg around the railing but the hazmat suit made it next to impossible as she tried to keep her grip on the slippery metal railing.

“Help!!”

Her foot lashed out as she tried to get the tentacle off of her ankle. Pushing down against the tentacle that was pulling at her hard. Her scanning device once dropped disconnected and was off.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"] [member="Drof'del Tavor"] [member="Kalyr Alor"] [member="Nolan Detta"] [member="Vojak "] [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
Objective: Companies

"Any special requests not already covered? Any amenities you would need to be around?"

"No, sir"

"Wesa take a looky at what wesa have for yoursa own specifications"

Ugohr flashed a list of properties that fit his description: out in the countryside (er, forest) with 3+ bath and bedrooms, with the landing pad not being a necessity. They were all listed but, given the previous warning with the price premiums vs. the listings that is common on Bimmisaari, he would make a favor to Lucien by telling the expected price for what it is vs. the listing: he had to double the listed price to see what they would realistically have to offer to get the property. This kit of requirements fits the definition of a mansion-sized country house more than anything.

Drof'del Tavor

Soldier for Hire, Mando at Heart.

Drof was eyeing the corridor when he heard a cry for help.

Rashae said:
“Help!!”
He gritted his teeth in disdain. It seems that this creature was selecting its victims but for what reason?!

If they all focused on the source of the attack, then something could sneak up on them potentially.

"FRAK! [member="Ardgal Raxis"] your closer to the Doctor, see if you can free her from that thing. [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] watch your six and ill keep eyes up front. We don't want anymore unexpected encounters."

Red emergency lights were still flickering, but barely. It was getting too hard to see. This was a tough scenario they were facing, they didnt know who or what was attacking them. They haven't even restored power to the ship, let alone find the research team aboard this vessel.

Up ahead Drof saw something......that brought relief. He saw a sign that was emanating partial light that read: MAINTENANCE HANGAR

"Once the Doctor is free, run like hell to that sign, we got you Doc, just keep fightin' that thing" Drof'del tried to offer some consolation, he could hear the slapping and drenching sounds of tentacles.....what WAS this thing?

[member="Rashae"] [member="Kalyr Alor"] [member="Nolan Detta"] @Vojak

Allies: [member="Briika Tor"] [member="Keira Ticon"]
Tagged: [member="Nyos Val"]

"Take this friend of ours into custody, Keira. I'll deal with his fate shortly," the Mand'alor said to his trusted subordinate as she reported back to him of what had happened. This stranger was responsible of this bombardment and was therefore a threat to him and his people. Mandalorian or not, Vilaz would make sure cruel and despicable punishment would be lay upon this individual. He wasn't sure if there were Mandalorian casualties or not, but he would make sure that Imperial lives were paid back in for the loss of blood by tenfold if there were any.

"Account for any Mandalorian casualties, Keira. I don't care of the rest. And patch me with this cowardly Imperial," with his voice sharp and cold. He would not be fret off by anyone or anything. He had participated in countless battle and grew to become an immortal with his body and mind.

No doubt were they outmatched in the field of navy at this moment, but that didn't matter. His ancestors and predecessors were masters of warfare, and the Munin would kindly show that to these Imperials.

Nolan had followed along as the group moved towards their destination, until the first victim was taken from their team. The shrill thaw the scientist let out ran a chill up Nolan's spine. He'd felt the life leave the pour soul, the Force telling him so. His thermals picked up nothing, much like Draf, he couldn't track it.

Once they'd made a break for the storage area, Nolan swept the area with his scatterblaster. Moving to Draf's side once they'd been able to regroup, he swapped his vision to Ultraviolet. Maybe the creature gave of a different signature.

Then the Doctor got nabbed. She'd been pulled to the edge by a...tentacle? What in the Verse was this thing. It was able to slit someone's throat and had tentacles and seemed amphibious. Only creatures of myth and legend seemed to have these characteristics.

Nolan moved with Ardgal to cover the Doctor. Nolan dared not fire with the Doctor so close to the beast. Once she'd been freed, Nolan would move with Bloodborn to cover their six.

"I have no idea, but it's learning quickly. The longer we stay here, the harder it'll be to get out alive. We need to figure out how to beat this thing ASAP."

[member="Drof'del Tavor"] [member="Rashae"] [member="Ardgal Raxis"] [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] [member="Kalyr Alor"]

Allies: [member="Vilaz Munin"]
Tagged: [member="Nyos Val"]
(7/20)

"I will accompany your men into the jungles in order to collect the ysalamiri, but I can't agree to the deployment of a base and continued Imperial occupation. However, in order to compensate I will offer a trade deal with my people. It may not be as physically concrete as a military garrison, but you have my word that it will remain in place until a decision is made. If this does not suffice I will hear other suggestions, but an occupation is not something myself or my people will cede to." Keira spoke just as matter-of-factly, her tone betraying no emotion other than a quiet determination and a refusal to budge on the terms she had laid out. Not only would she and her people not stand for Imperial presence on the planet, but any sign of it would likely be eradicated in due time even if it did persist.

It was then Mand'alor chimed in again, and with nothing more than a movement of her eyes she switched transmissions, speaking this time to Vilaz, "Understood. I would advise you to hold your tongue and speak calmly. He has the advantage whether you like it or not, and we are in no position for war against the Imperials at this point. My intentions going into this are peace, and I ask that you abide by the same. We can barely afford another bombardment, let alone an all-out conflict. But I cede this to your judgement." Without another word she transferred communications with Irridius over to Vilaz, effectively ending their transmission but immediately beginning another between the Grand Admiral and the Sole Ruler.

Now that she was free to act she appeared to breathe a touch easier, turning and watching Nyos walk away for a moment before taking a few steps towards his position. In a movement as fluid as it was potentially deadly she pulled her EE-3 from her back and sighted through the scope, firing a single shot that missed his head by three inches, raising her voice to be heard, "If you know what's good for you you'll stop where you are. By authority of the Mand'alor I'm taking you into custody, and I would advise that you don't resist." She continued to watch him through the scope, crosshairs settled calmly at his center mass in preparation for a shot that would blow him away. Her orders may have been to bring him under arrest, but nobody would miss one aruetii.

Other Space Kaiden

[member="Keira"] Ticon

A counter. Interesting. Keira did have a knack for the political, Irridius could respect that much, but still, she was walking on thin ice. A trade agreement was something he did not have the power to give or control, it would not do for his liking. Not in the short term. He needed to secure something more concrete, something the navy could hold in its grasp while the politicians dealt with the rest. He wanted his base and he was going to have it in one form or another and, luckily for her, he had a use for Myrkr. Pulverizing it wasn't outside the realm of actions he was willing to take, but he would work to avoid it if his ambitions were knelt to.

"A proposal? Brave of you, as misguided as it may be. Understand this, Keira, the Imperial Navy deals in duracrete and plasteel. I will have something more physical than a trade deal if you wish to see me leave without further-

He cut himself off when a blinking light notified him that Keira had muted herself. Sneering, he did the same and turned to his control officers. "Full core ignition, withhold firing phase and scan the planet; deploy probe droids anywhere with high power signatures."

"Aye, sir. Full core ignition." Kilko repeated Irridius' orders and soon enough, the planet was being scanned. As the first probe droids shot off towards the planet, the first heading straight for the source of what appeared to be a shield generator, the hologram suddenly shifted.

A true barbarian stood before him now. Unkempt armor and dirty covered boots, the man that stood before Irridius now threw him into an internal disgust. Keira was a barbarian only by choice, it was obvious this man was born into the hideous filth of his own dirty kind.

"And who might you be?" Irridius sneered in a most plastic, polite manner.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Obroa-Skai Station
DEEP SPACE
(Objective: Save a pretty doctor)
Allies: Mando'ade, [member="Nolan Detta"], [member="Vojak "][member="Kalyr Alor"] [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] [member="Rashae"]
and [member="Drof'del Tavor"]
Enemies: The Ugly thang

Rashae said:
“Ardgal can I get a feed on what datayou are getting, please.“
"Sending data," he replied stoicly, a few blinks later his helmet sent over all the data he had, the important parts were highlighted in blue. The important text was highlighted in yellow.

Stealth was not on Ardgal's side. The servos in his armor purred with a soft hum as he made his way down the corridor with the rest of the squad. He gripped his ravager shotgun with both hands, ready to gundown whoever or whatever they encountered next. Sadly, there was a 81.6% chance the next biped they encountered would be deceased.

Warning. Threat eminent. Source: Unknown. Cause: Unknown. Type: Unknown.

Ardgal hated the unknown and that wasn't just the cyborg parts speaking. He hated the way that unreal, danger feeling felt. Usually because the more unknown it was--the more real the threat was. He widened his scan radius--when a small glob of green matter on the ground caught his attention. The warrior strode forward, carefully swiping a small glob of it off the ground on his finger and beginning to run a full diagnostic on it, his attention was totally consumed.

Rashae said:
“Help!!”

Drof'del Tavor said:
"FRAK! Ardgal Raxis your closer to the Doctor, see if you can free her--
He didn't hear the rest. The world slowed down around him and it was just like Chandrillia all over again. He could see it all like it was happening for a second time; her blood stained dress filled his mind vividly. He could see Rashae laying there again, trying to recover. He could see the pool of blood she left on the transport as he tried to patch her up--and he could feel the needles in his hands as he had treated her as fast as he could. He wasn't fast enough then, he wouldn't let that happen again. Not this time. The hulking man charged towards her, without abandon.

He couldn't fully see what was attacking her, he didn't need to either, that was the beauty of the shot gun. He raised the weapon and fired, one shell tore through the air, spraying whatever it was with lead. There was a tremendous, ground shattering roar. He lowered his weapon, firing the second shot immediately into its tentacle that had wrapped around her leg. One of his crushgaunts gripped her forearm tightly. "Hold on, Rashae."

Warning. Warning. Overload--cannot control, cannot control CANNOT CONTROL CANNOT CONTROL

One thought and one thought alone over rode his will to live, his will to survive, his logic, his programming--everything. Protect the doctor. Something feral, something that could not be stopped took him over and Ardgal pulled her with all his might, the power armor augmenting is strength by three. The dual blades of his Ravager came down on the damaged tentacle in a wild cleave. Orange blood splattered all over his polished armor, covering the floor and rails. A louder, higher pitched ear-splitting screech of pain flooded the air.

"Come on, run!" he roared half dragging-half leading her towards the safe zone.

Ugohr Poof

"Now that's what I call a set of investment-grade properties!" Lucien exclaimed when he looked at the first dozen listings, admittedly covering a wide swath of the planet.

"Mesa preventen yousa: if yousa want to visit beforehand, yousa will need to make dat visit with someone else. Mesa hair only on a temporary basis"

"Why?"

"Mesa only hair for a few days, to fill in for somebody dat died recently"

Ugohr was not technically wrong but the real reason had to do with something with Ugohr himself. Yet he could feel Lucien's approach is wrong when he decided to call the properties investment-grade. He knew, from experience, that people who would readily refer to a prospective home as investment-grade at any stage of the purchase process usually do not care for visits, even though he was obligated to allow for that possibility. As he did with one of his early clients, where he had a run-in with that crazy, cannibalistic Zeltron. On the one hand, there is money to be made for the NJO on Sullust, on the other, there is the possibility that I'm just fueling evil, that I'm not doing my duty as a Jedi by selling that country McMansion to him. Ouch: I'm not sure anymore: I'd rather let someone that actually lives in there buy it, even as a secondary residence, he thought, while realizing that there is something wrong, really wrong about this. Something just isn't right...

Nyos felt the bolt wizz passed his head. He'd anticipated some form of aggression and turned, a look that said, you have my attention.

Nyos stood still, sure that even with his capabilities, it wouldn't be worth fighting with this woman over semantics. Seeing as this world was not under Mandalorian control, they had no jurisdiction here, but when you pissed off a Mando, boundaries matter little to their endgame.

<<You have me, for now. I will surrender to you until I deem otherwise. This is not your planet, nor am I one of yours, so I am complying purely to avoid fighting.>>

[member="Keira Ticon"]

Drof'del Tavor

Soldier for Hire, Mando at Heart.

With the Doctor saved by [member="Ardgal Raxis"], the rest of the team made a mad dash to the Maintenance Hangar.

Once the team was inside the hangar, Drof saw an emergency override lever by the door. This lever would force the door shut, doing this however means that the team would need to take a different path forward.

Acting out of instinct and to shut the creature away---or at least delay it. Drof slammed the lever down, which closed the door shut--hermetically sealed.
The Hangar was a decent size, enough for the team to spread out even. This room was only accompanied by one emergency light, it wasn't red like the others. This was an actual light, it was nice to have real light on this vessel. Looking around Drof saw spacecraft that looked decrepit and weary. Engineering tools lay scattered everywhere, it was a mess. Spacers and scavvers would have fun in here.

<<Alright team, we aren't going back the way we came. We need to press on. We shouldn't be too far from our objective. Ardgal, that map layout you had, does it show a quicker route to our destination from here?"

Drof didnt want to seem insensitive, he wanted to make sure his comrades were still doing alright but as long as they were standing, they should be fine.

Thermals and Night-vision was picking up nothing. This could be a good thing, at least have some breathing room before the next skirmish.

"Doctor you alright? Before that thing attacked you, did anything strange come up? Any readings or anything unusual?"

Nolan Detta said:
"I have no idea, but it's learning quickly. The longer we stay here, the harder it'll be to get out alive. We need to figure out how to beat this thing ASAP."
"Your absolutely right vod, this thing needs to die ASAP. If this thing were dead, our mission would be a walk in the park"

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] [member="Rashae"] [member="Nolan Detta"] [member="Kalyr Alor"] [member="Vojak "][member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Allies: [member="Briika Tor"] [member="Keira Ticon"]

Between Keira and Vilaz, the Ticon was much more diplomatic than Vilaz. She knew how to bite down her pride and when to compromise on things she didn't like. Vilaz was a different case. He never allowed any foreigner tell him what to do unless he was being rewarded. And he always kept his pride up as it represented him, his family, his clan, and his followers.

He would not be talked down by some Imperial scum.

When he saw the holographic of the Imperial commander, there was a many things going in his mind. One of them was calculating how much time it would have taken him to beat this man in hand-to-hand combat.

Five minutes max, 2 minutes minimum to make a pulp out of him.

"I'm going to skip the pleasantries with you as my rank and name is none of your business," the Mand'alor said with his T-visor helmet on, menacingly staring at the man as if he was staring at his soul. His sapphire eyes were cold and dangerous. The Concordian would remember that face and the actions he executed.

"All you need to know is that I'm in charge here. Now what do you want?"

Other Space Kaiden

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Lucien didn't like this one. Let alone the fact that he was a savage, he was a savage without the slightest regard for his own ineptitude. How unfortunate, just when he thought he was getting somewhere too. With a twitch of his gloved hand, Irridius muted the call for a moment and placed his left hand over his mouth as if he were thinking about what to say. "Display the video from the probe droids and ready the burst signal"

Lowering his hand so his mouth was once again visible, Irridius twitched his hand again and the call unmuted. "Then let me make my intentions perfectly clear, Barbarian," Irridius said with a blunt calmness and a smile, "I was having a productive conversation with that Ticon after your people decided to attack an Imperial Officer. You can regurgitate the same tired excuse that the man responsible is not your own, but the proof lies in the records of my ship. The virus that attempted to lock my bridge and kill my crew came from your signals and thus is an act of war on The Empire."

Pausing to straighten the sleeves of his uniform, Irridius glanced at the video feeds being displayed behind Vilaz's head. To the Mandalorian, it would appear as if Irridius was looking right at him and not over his head at the video displays that he couldn't see. The probe droids had landed and The Grand Admiral was watching as one, in particular, began its slow hover through the dense jungles toward the source of what scans indicated was a shield generator.

"I wish not to waste more resources on retaliation and alerting the Moff Council that war is upon us is a bother I would rather forgo. Therefore, I suggest you listen well to what I offer. I will be sending a legion of troopers to the surface, they will be escorted by Keira Ticon to collect the Ysalimir I came here for. Second, an Imperial presence must be established in the system for the benefit of the trade deal proposed by Keira, which I will be holding you to...Lord of Flies."

"If you're so brave to call me a barbarian, I invite you to come down here and say it to my face," the warrior challenged to the Imperial, knowing he would be responded back with a cowardly response, "but you can save whatever cowardly excuse you have for not doing so. I know your kind."

He would not back down from this man or anyone. Was he risking his people. Most likely, but he would not tolerate for others to come step on them. No, the Mandalorians were feared and proud, and Vilaz would enforce that image down the throat of any foreigner, including the one before the Munin.

"There are other non-Mandalorian civilian centers spread out within Myrkr which came from one of them. One of my warriors, Keira, is arresting the man which is responsible for the attacks upon you who does not belong to us. We are much smarter than what you think, Imperial."

"Now I don't have a problem with you sending your men to the surface to collect ysalamiri, but I will not have any of my warriors escorting them. Not unless you wish to pay for our services, but that probably won't happen as you believe that your soldiers are the greatest combatants of the Galaxy which really don't need any escorting from us if that's the case," the Mand'alor said in a sarcastic tone, belittling the 'dreaded' Stormtroopers of the Empire.

"And I will not agree to having Imperial influence in the system. I am in charge here, not Keira. Now I wouldn't mind trading other resources from Myrkr to you in exchange for something that your Empire can provide to us." Examples of the resources would be Vornskrs and whatever wondrous things Myrkr could offer.

Then the Concordian muted the call, one of his warriors coming to inform him of something that their scanners picked up which seemed foreign and heading its way over here. "Neutralize whatever it is," he simply said before unmuting the call and returning his attention to the Lucien.

Other Space Kaiden

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Irridius watched the video feed from the droid as it shifted through the trees, metallic claws pushing aside leaves and branches alike. The metallic content in the trees made it impossible to pinpoint the source of the supposed base. Unlike the market, which gave off a power signal that could be seen from the next system over let alone directly in orbit, this probable shield was not nearly as strong. Enough power to be triangulated, not enough to be pinpointed; The Probe Droids would solve this problem through visual verification.

The Grand Admiral continued listening as the savage had his word, but his eyes focused in on the images. The first thing to appear was the glimmer of the air, a shimmering that bordered on the perceivable and the unperceivable. Then the fort came into view through the trees. It was incomplete by the looks of it, but it was impressive non-the-less. Suddenly and without much warning, the barbarian's voice suddenly stopped. Irridius' gaze shifted slightly and he noticed the man's attention had been turned away from himself. Quickly, Lucien muted his own call and turned to his men with a covered mouth.

"Scan the ground outside the shield and send the read-outs to my display."

By the time the words left his mouth, Irridius noticed the savage's head turning back toward him and he unmuted the call with a smile. "I am offering to not rally The Empire to a war that your people can ill afford. Your people contributed to the attack on my ship, payment is due. If you wish to do business further than that, then we will establish an Imperial Trading post in the system as a temporary solution until the Moff Council decides what they wish to do."

The probe droid had begun sending back scans of the content of the planet and the results were interesting. The fauna had high levels of metallic content, but the soil itself was devoid of it as far as preliminary scans were concerned. It was about the time that the ground content data was finished sending that something caught Irridius' eye, a group of Mandalorian warriors marching towards the jungle from the direction of the fort. Twitching his hand, The Grand Admiral muted the call and covered his mouth with a 'Thoughtful' hand once again.

"Self-destruct"

Irridius unmuted the call once again, smiling at Vilaz as the droid's explosion rocked the trees and shattered the ground...

Allies: [member="Vilaz Munin"]
Enemies: [member="Nyos Val"], technically
(8/20)

This one was a fan of technicalities, something that didn't necessarily surprise her, though nor did it concern her in any manner either. He could preach all he wished about semantics, but neither she or the Mand'alor found themselves willing to listen when it came to Mandalorian lives being lost in the crossfire. Her EE-3 lowered just enough so that she was no longer viewing him through the scope, but she kept the weapon level all the same, not trusting him in the least. "You misunderstand your place, aruetii. This planet is on its way to being under the control of my people once again, just as it has been in the past. This is held as our territory now, whether you believe that to be the case or not."

Taking a few steps forward Keira closed the gap between them, watching him carefully through the lens of her HUD. "It is no concern of the Mand'alor or myself that you are not one of the vode. That is of no importance." He was misinterpreting her words and intentions, but whether he liked it or not his protests would mean little in the grand scheme of things. Retaliation was already well on its way, and there was little he could do or say to change her mind. "What matters to me and my people is that you are directly responsible for the deaths of the Mandalorians that were in that marketplace. You were told not to interfere and chose to disobey, and these are your consequences."

Just then an explosion shook the ground a distance away, the flash visible in the peripherals of her vision. She cursed, gaze flashing to the skies for a brief moment, as she already knew who was responsible. A handful of microexpressions pulled up communications with Vilaz again, speaking without waiting for him to ask questions, "Whatever it is you're doing, you're not making friends. What the hell is going on, Munin?" He may have been the only individual she would willingly bend the knee to, but when it came to the lives of their people all ideas of procedure went out the window. "I've taken our friend into custody. Just give me the word on what you want done."

Ugohr Poof

"12 homes on Bimmisaari to choose from, the choice will be difficult"

"Mesa warn you: if yousa intend to use a house as an investment vehicle, Bimmisaari may looky pretty risky"

"Why"

"If yousa read disen Sith Inquisitor issue, yousa will find an article where market experts claim dat Bimmissari's housing bubble have only a short lifespan"

Like any housing bubbles in the galaxy, everything starts with a game-changing event on a macro level. The collapse of the Republic, of the Mando Clans, and also of the One Sith made the appearance of real estate bubbles on several planets possible: somehow the planets where the most damage were inflicted were spared. However, those planets are where scavengers can get stuff done with nickels on the credit. Elrood came before Bimmisaari, and Directive 12 was a real game-changer in the galactic real estate market, even though D12 proper was a massacre perpetrated by the One Sith in a scorched-earth maneuver. On the other hand, however, housing in some places can be had on the cheap: Asmeru, Barkesh, Kaeshana (if Lucien didn't mind the tenuous atmosphere)... or Trian, Gravlex Med (if he didn't mind low gravity).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom