Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandalorian Crusade | MC vs GR Invasion of Kashyyyk

Objective:
Beach.​
Allies:
Mandalorian Clans and their Allies.​
[member="Ra Vizsla"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Funky Balor"]​
Enemies:
Galactic Republic and their Allies.​
[member="Elaine Thul"] | @Captain August​
Beskar claws began to mangle the artillery they had landed on as each reaper emplacement received a shatter-missile for their troubles, causing each artillery section to violently erupt in a hail of metal shards capable of cutting mercilessly through un-shielded foes. The Basalisk's own shields would protect their riders long enough to withstand the barrage, and when they sputtered and died moments later in the wake of the ion grenades, the men of Clan Oda began to dismount. Jetpacks hurled them swiftly toward their foes, and meter-long bes'kad's were freed from sheaths to engage their foes. Few of the warriors carried ranged weapons, but that would matter little in the end. The Basalisk's, now riderless, were left to their own devices and immediately targeted their greatest perceived threat, that being the soldiers that had launched the ion grenades. Pluse-wave and laser cannons erupted, spitting death at those who dared threaten the great metal war-beasts.

Kano himself had dismounted his war droid and launched himself into a group of enemy soldiers that had managed to escape the carnage of the shatter-missiles. Bayonets would be small comfort against the prowess of a sword-master with his preferred weapon, and his shields and armor should suffice to defend against any blaster bolts that struck. Onak fought some five meters distant, engaging another squad that had escaped the initial missile barrage, his Bes'ginata (polearm) being put to good use and allowing him to maintain distance from the enemy bayonets. The situations would be similar at the other artillery emplacements, mandalorians working in concert with barrages of weapons-fire from their war droid mounts in order to drive the remaining enemy into submission.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Caesar-Flickerman-the-hunger-games-36891700-500-300.jpg

The Holonet was abuzz with word on the Mandalorian attack of Kashyyyk. One of the Republic Frontline's favourite broadcasters was already setting up a bunch of interviews and commentary about the ongoing crusade against the Republic.

His first was via holo-vid stream with Lady Kay. Although she was no longer a part of the Republic and hadn't been since she was fired after Roche, she was still an influential part of the political society, especially after winning the Presidential elections on Commenor.

Right on time, the interview between Basil Toogoode and Lady Kay began:

"Thank you for taking the time to be with us, and congratulations on winning the election Madame President Kay."

"Thank you, Basil."

"Now the first thing that I want to ask you is what's on the hearts and minds of so many in the Republic. It seems that the current aggression by the Mandalorians still stems from the events that happened on Roche. Would you agree with that?"

"Yes, that's what I'm hearing as well. Though before I left the Senate, it was agreed upon during the negotiations with the Mandalorians that I would compensate for the deaths, pay for funeral expenses as well as cover the medical costs of those that were injured. And I was true to my word. I liquified all of my assets, sold the majority of my clothing and my shell company in order to pay for it all in order to put an end to these pointless wars. But as you can see, it just wasn't enough....The attacks keep coming, even against worlds that had nothing to do with Roche and weren't even a part of the Republic at the time."

"You're speaking of what happened recently in the Mimban sector."

"Yes. Commenor is in that sector but on the far side in Sith space. We were not attacked, but I have friends that were in Mimban. They witnessed the slaughter of children and unarmed civilians. These were not just collateral damage, mind you, these innocents were targeted. I don't care who's side you're on, but that isn't an honourable or righteous way to wage a war. That shows tyranny and evil. It's one thing to fight another soldier, but a child? A baby? And all for spite? I just fail to see any logic in it if any could be found." Kay sighed. "But there's a lot of money to be made in war and there are a lot of companies that are profiting from this, salivating and maybe even manipulating those that are willing to make an excuse for war if someone so much as sneezes wrong."

"True enough. Now Madame President, do you hate the Mandalorians? You were spotted at a very publicised wedding between a prominent Mandalorian figure and a certain Alderaan Princess of which you once had ties with."

"No, I don't hate all Mandalorians. I was adopted into the Raxian Empire. They are not participating in these attacks as far as I am aware. They also have an Embassy on Commenor that is being built. Some of my closest friends are Mandalorian and they stay true to an honourable way of life. The same can be said for other governments and organizations, they all have bad apples within them. I just hope that with the multitude of Embassies being build by various governments that are at odds with eachother, if they can coexist peacefully on one planet, then perhaps there is hope for the Galaxy yet."

"Hope. In these dark times we must always look for it. And you have found a way to create it, Madame President. It is a pity that the Republic lost you. Thank you for your insight. We wish you good luck and prosperity."

"Thank you, Basil."

"So there you have it, my friends, the outlook of things from a former insider's perspective. We'll have more interviews later on in the coming days. But let us hope, let us pray that the candles of hope continue to grow and that the Galaxy rises together to end such hatred. This is Basil Toogoode. Goodnight and good luck."

Allies: GR [member="Kaiden Rohn"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]
Enemies: [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Kade Kelborn"] [member="Varien Moxla"]
Squad and Equipment:
Myles: Standard Republic Infantry Armor, Blaster Sniper Rifle, combat knife
2 man Heavy Gunner team: Standard Infantry Armor,Tripod mounted Heavy Repeating Blaster
The rest(10 men): Standard Infantry Armor, Blaster Rifles, Combat Knives

As they hit the edge of clearing and fresh beach sand the squad instantly dropped into a prone position. Their were bolts and bombs flying everywhere. The noise was deafening to be sure. Each man in the squad instantly turned to look at Myles. Just as the did Myles held up three fingers, then five fingers, and then two fingers. Right on cue each man turned to the pre-established frequency on their comm units.

"First fire team prepare to rush second and third covering fire." "Time to get in the fight."

There was a slight pause as the fire fire team replied prepare to rush.

"RUSH."

The first fire team leaped to their feet and charged forward as Myles and the rest of the squad opened up on the Mandalorians in front of them. The rushing fire team was on up for a few seconds before they dropped back down to prone and started firing.

"Second prepare to rush." ........................ "Rush"

Myles and the second fire team did the same as the first had done charging forward. The third fire team would do the same and then start all over agin until the reached where Jessica and the others on the line were. Myles turned to Jessica.

"Zeta Squad reporting Ma'am." "Where do you need us?"

Thoja Arlos

Grand Marshal Contemplation
Objective: Wait for extraction
Allies: No one
Enemies: Almost everyone
Equipment: See second post

"Grenades!" One operative yelled, before jumping to the ground.

"Get down!" Thoja cried, dropping behind cover as the grenades went off, each in a different area. The room was filled with shrapnel, and for a few seconds the only thing that could be heard was ringing. Getting to his feet, Thoja scanned the room, now filled with smoke.

"Report!" He yelled into the smoke. No one replied. The smoke clear, and the scene before him was one of horror. Almost all his men were dead, bar 7, who were injured in various states. Horror was replaced with anger, Thoja gave out a roar before shooting up into the gap that the grenades had flown through.

"Where the hell is that evac?!?" He yelled into his comms, not expecting a reply.

"ETA 10 minutes Sir." The pilot replied.

Operation Twilight Raid
Objective: Eliminate Grand Marshal Arlos
Allies: [member="Buruk Surhaai"] and company
Enemies: [member="Thoja Arlos"] and company
The assassin made it to the control room door just as they were closing it. With a quick leap, he was able to clear the doorway as it slammed shut behind him. Another second and he would have had to probably teleport himself in there. He grimaced. Teleportation always made his stomach queasy.​
He moved into position at the back of the room. Through the force, he sensed a sizable Mandalorian strike team closing in on the room. From his experience, Mandalorians weren't ones to wait outside and try to think of a way in.​
Seconds later, the ceiling burst open with a BOOM! Grenades rolled into the room, though given his position, most were quite far away from Ajihad. The one that did detonate nearby was discreetly absorbed by Tutaminis, sucking the grenade's energy inside of him using the force.​
It was then he struck like a viper. His hidden blade unsheathed on his wrist, the assassin lunged to pierce the marshal's jugular. It was the perfect opportunity; he would be distracted by the squad that had just burst through the ceiling. He was in the process of radioing someone, which meant he was partially distracted on that front as well. Ajihad was behind his target, so the chances of the man detecting him were slim. Just before the strike would land he would come out of stealth mode, as he never liked to kill his quarry while invisible. It was dishonest.​

Thoja Arlos

Objective: IDK anymore...
Allies: Me, myself and I
Enemies: Anything ever [member="The Gray Assassin"] [member="Buruk Surhaai"]
((Soon I join Harambe))

Thoja had been distract, that much was true. His remaining men however were not. One of them had been right next to Arlos as he was radioing for evac, and he saw the assassin just as he became visible.

"Watch out!" He cried as he tackled the man, his blade narrowly missing Thoja's throat. The Grand Marshal turned as the assassin was tackled and backed himself up.

"Open fire on all targets!" He ordered, and the surviving men opened fire on the mandos on the roof. Only Thoja and the soldier who tackled the assassin were left to face him.

Progflaw99

-----
Primary Objective: Twilight Raid
Allies: Clan Betna | [member="Ronan Vizsla"] | [member="Anija Betna"] | [member="Aryn Spar"] | [member="Davon Karr"] | [member="Arla Balor"] | [member="Lorsima Gratiir"] | [member="Mia Monroe"] | [member="Titan Kryze"] | [member="Kronos Oda"] |
Enemies: Thoja Arlos
Collateral Additional Allies: [member="The Gray Assassin"]
Post (3)
-----

After unleashing the unbridled hate of their grenades, the Mandalorians had jumped through the hold in the ceiling, crashing down to the floor. As the Repblic officer had fired into the maw, his rounds had mostly missed their mark, some firing up into what remained of the ceiling, others into the floor above but precious few did find their mark though their effect was highly diminished as they contacted the Beskar plating worn by the Vhe'viin's leader, Buruk. He grimaced as he felt the sharp slapping of metal on metal but it didn't distract him from his course. Five fully locked and loaded Mandalorian warriors were now boots down on the floor, their weapons firing as their toes touched down. Their high caliber slugs ripped through wood, plastic, metal... flesh and bone. Quickly dispatching any wounded troopers on the floor, Buruk would have spat on the floor had he not been fully armored. His weapon was raised at first, but then he tossed it to the side. The Republic defender before him had fired a long burst into the ceiling, he'd heard the staccato rapport and knew he only had a round or two left, if any. As he took his deliberate steps towards the armored defender, he drew his blade, a Fett Kal Trench Knife.

As he approached he'd seen a strange figure attempt to take a stab at the defender but one of his men had intervened. No one would intervene between him and the defender now, his men had seen to that. Stopping several feet from the man he lifted his arm, a lone finger pointing at the man, calling him out. He would have blood today... he would have vengeance, for himself, for his people... for Mand'alor. His men didn't fire at the defender but they did fire at any of the remaining troopers in the room, unleashing hell from the end of their slug thrower's barrels. He spoke, his voice audible above the din of battle.

"You. Will. Die."

Thoja Arlos

Objective: Dying most likely
Allies: None
Enemies: [member="The Gray Assassin"] and [member="Buruk Surhaai"]

"I'm worth more to you alive, but that doesn't matter." Thoja responded from behind his mask. Dropping his rifle, he drew his knife. "Might as well make this fair, though a two v one isn't exactly that."

Over the radio, the pilot's voice came through. "5 minutes sir."

Thoja nods, eyes on his new enemy. "Care to dance?"

Operation Twilight Raid
Objective: Eliminate Grand Marshal Arlos
Allies: Buruk Surhaaihttp://starwarsrp.net/user/12283-buruk-surhaai/ and company
Enemies: Thoja Arloshttp://starwarsrp.net/user/11143-thoja-arlos/ and company

The assassin's eyes widened in surprise as he was tackled from the side, and not by his target. It was some foolish trooper, seemingly dumb enough to tackle a fully fledged Sith Lord. As they hit the ground and rolled to a stop, the trooper lay on the cold floor unmoving. A small incision leaked blood under his chin, and Ajihad's hidden blade was stained red.

The Demon's Fist caught the Mandalorians moving in on the marshal out of the corner of his eye. He sneered. As if they could bring down a target with better success than he. Sticking out a gloved hand, an arc of gold lightning would shoot from the tips of his fingers and into the chest of the Zabrak. The force of the blast would be enough to send him flying into the adjacent wall, probably putting a dent in it. Not enough to kill, but certainly enough to stun the general as the assassin made his way over to his quarry. If his Mandalorian allies attempted to intervene, their fate would be the same as the marshal's. Nobody got between a Sith Lord and his prey.

This was Kami's first real battle. " um.. where do i go? " she asked instantly feeling like an idiot.
Fighting fighting was easy killing was easy. combat was different she wasn't a front line fighter she was a Stealth fighter.

Thoja Arlos

Objective: Not die
Allies: No one
Enemies: [member="The Gray Assassin"] and [member="Buruk Surhaai"]

Before Thoja could react, he was hit with lightning so strong that he was literally flung off his feet. One of the Mandalorians who had been dealing with his men was hit full force by Arlos's body, crushing him against a wall, somewhat cushioning the impact.

"Rude." He grunted, rising to his feet. "How about you fight me without the space magic?"

Location West Beach Right flank

Kami smiled as her troop of Barricade breaker droids were deployed yhe huge beasts were fitted with anti aircraft weapons anf well verry few things could withstand that.
"Fly my monkeys." she yelled
"Lyth keep track of those idiot droids and watch the right flank." She said to her co pilot.
" Im going to see what i can do. then after this we'll Surf."

CSAF / GALACTIC REPUBLIC
Kachirho Beach (West Bank; Republic-controlled territory)

Objective: Defend the West Bank
Characters: Alena Reckar, Lord Commander of the Civilian Security Assistance Force

Enemies: Mandalorian Clans
Targets: [member=Ra Vizsla], [member=Draco Vereen], [member=Funky Balor], [member=Rekali the Hutt], [member=Aver Brand], [member=Caspian Rekali]

Kochirho City, the focus of the beachhead assault by the Mandalorian Clans, was tucked away within the forests several kilometers further inland. Rolling hills blanketed with gigantic, twisting wroshyr trees ruled the landscape behind the Republic's front lines, enveloping the earth below them in a dark, impenetrable shroud. Fog drifted lazily through the forests and across the canopy, caressing the flesh of the planet's surface like a comforting shawl rippling in a cool breeze on a twilit night. The forest thinned as it grew closer to the sandy beaches, giving way to an expansive rise of rocky bluffs and outcroppings nearly 20 meters tall. Large channels worn by gentle rivers over millions of years segregated the bluffs from one another as small gulches cutting through the bare rock and joining the waters of the lake at several tributaries. The rocks relented to grassy fields and more wroshyr trees with Wookiee structures and platforms clinging to their trunks and boughs like mushrooms before they too capitulated to the sandy lakeshore. Here and there tall, lance-shaped spires of rock struck out from the earth along the shoreline and within the waters of the lake, pockmarked with green-leafed shrubs and trees and dotted with myriad different colorful flowers.

Standing atop Whelmer 2-4, one of CSAF's advanced AT-TE walkers, Alena looked out at the lake through macrobinoculars, which had greater range than her own buy'ce. Her vehicle was parked within the shade of a massive wroshyr tree, one of many that grew along the tops of the bluffs that sunk down behind them into the forest toward Kochirho City. For the time being, her forces were hidden from the enemy's sight behind the rocky ledges, their sensor masking equipment serving them well. The Republic would suffer the brunt of the initial wave, and CSAF would serve as the maneuvering element against the Clan's unified force.
Alena could see the largest of the MC's vehicles in the distance, across the water. Though it lacked the mass drive cannon mounted on its back, the shield walker looked just like the Mythosaurs Draco Vereen had employed in previous conflicts, and the Republic had later captured. Alena glanced to and fro at the Republic's own lines, which boasted a greater number of forces though was bereft of anything as terrifying as the MC's massive eight-legged monstrosity. The dim starlight cast an eerie glow on the lumbering beasts as their great limbs cast waves in the lake that splashed quietly against the shore before the Republic's lines. A great, glimmering shield expanded from the Mandalorian walkers, enveloping and protecting the smaller vehicles and units that traveled under its shadow. Myrkava tanks, aquatic transports and mobile defense units bathed themselves in the lake-waters as they left the safety of sandy beaches to pursue their self-determined Republic enemies.

For a time, the battlefield was strangely quiet. The Mandalorian vehicles could be heard in the distance as a low-toned gurgle, with intermittent splashing from the movement of their largest assets. Yet for all their boasting, the Mando'ade weathered more fire than they dealt in the first moments of the conflict, which only betrayed their reliance on air support. This, however, did not make them any less potent of a threat. Already, anti-repuslor field generators were prepared for activation near the rearmost Republic lines on the beaches, as well as in the forests themselves. Her own air assets were on standby, letting the Mandalorians make the first move, the first mistake.
As she observed from a distance, Alena continued to scan the MC's waterborne lines; CSAF's scouts and spotters were systematically marking targets for priority level and relaying coordinate data and other information to SAFCOM, who would then disseminate the information to available CSAF and Republic elements in the battlespace accordingly.
::Lord Commander, you have war droids on approach from above.:: The voice coming over secured comms belonged to Kharek Hessan, CSAF's Lord Admiral. The Devaronian man was positioned in orbit with the fleet, prepared to offer what assistance he could.
::Thank you, Hessan.:: Alena replied calmly, her voice even and emotionless. ::Send the assault bombers down to the atmosphere with their fighter escort for intercept.::
::It is already done.:: Came Hessan's reply. Alena smiled and squatted down on top of the large walker, holding the macrobinoculars to her eyes with one hand and resting her other arm on the barrel of the vehicle's mass drive cannon. From the center of the Mandalorian formations, several transports began churning out dense clouds of rich, black smoke that began to spread across the lake's surface, enveloping their ranks. In the distance, a cacophony of distorted sounds could be heard, though Alena could not decipher their nature. The black smoke, barely discernible in the darkness of the night, continued to boil and grow until it had blanketed the Mandalorian forces all but utterly. The obfuscation would blind the Republic and the Mandalorians both. Over CSAF's secure comms, someone called for the switch to thermal optical filters, to better cut through the visual disturbance. The ominous clouds were driven forth by the night breeze skimming the surface of the massive lake, pushing forth to the Western beaches were the Republic lines held fast. Brilliant green and red flashes of light could be seen in the distance, cutting into the blackened clouds, the first signals that the battle had truly begun.
Mandalorian tanks and infantry began swarming the sandy shores, sacrificing themselves to send their comrades into Republic trenches and fighting positions to slaughter enemy troops, their armor glinting in the light of the night sky. Swift, beskar-clad Basilisk War Droids dropped like stones from the sky, garnering the attention of the Republic's plethora of air-defense weaponry. Great gouts of red and orange flame were born and died all across the battlefield as the once peaceful shores were plunged into turbulence, the sand stained with the blood of both Mando'ade and Republican alike.
Alena could see their Wookiee allies uttering great war cries on the shores below as they brandished traditional and conventional weapons alike, turning them on the Mandalorians that sought to destroy their wondrous and ancient civilization. Like the Trandoshan slavers of old, the helmeted warriors of Mandalore were met with a ferocity that was a force of nature in its own right as the Wookiees of Kashyyyk brought their full strength to bear on their would-be conquerers. The great, shaggy beings poured out from their fighting positions to engage the encroaching Mando'ade head on, driving razor-sharp ryyk blades through the bodies of their adversaries and casting them into the sand to die alone and in failure.
Alena watched as a particularly large Wookiee with light brown fur peppered by black and grey pierced the buy'ce of an attacking Mandalorian with a single, precise swing of its ryyk scythe. The weapon penetrated the invader's helmet with ease, and jutted out of the other side in a gout of blood. The Mando'ad's body went slack immediately before the Wookiee yanked the weapon from its victim with a brief tug. Already dead, the armored Mandalorian shivered in their death throes before crumpling to the sand. Victorious, the Wookiee let out a terrifying bellow, rallying their surrounding compatriots and causing the nearest gaggle of Mandalorian soldiers to shrink back in a moment of uncertainty before the inspired Wookiees ferociously slaughtered them.

Alena rolled back her view of the battlefield as [member=Elaine Thul]'s artillery loosed another series of munitions. The booming weapon emplacements shook the ground along the shore and echoed through the gulches of the bluffs. As she shifted her view once again, Alena caught sight of an armored Hutt slithering along the beach, cutting down Republic troops with an ease uncharacteristic for a member of its species, or any species, for that matter. The snake-like warrior wielded an exotic lightaxe, and employed it with expert technique and veracity that Alena could not help but admire. The Mandalorian soldiers accompanying [member=Rekali the Hutt] lanced blaster bolts at Republic troops as the small group ushered themselves toward the nearest of Thul's artillery batteries. Alena's scouts had already noted their maneuver and attempted to contact the Echani's forces with a warning.
::Madame Thul, this is Captain Gaver Arryk with CSAF's 1st Brigade. Our scouts have reported the movement of Mandalorian footmobiles on your position. Coordinates transmitting now. Several infantry accompanied by a Hutt, I repeat, several infantry accompanied by a Hutt. How copy, over?::

Alena turned her attention to the bulk of the MC's vehicular forces assaulting the beach as the K-wing assault bombers and their T-70 X-wing escorts arrived to harass the airborne Mandalorian war droids. The heavy bombers, coming in at high altitude from the West, began selecting their targets with extreme prejudice, working pairs, two each to a Basilisk. DLL-44 Air-to-Air missiles painted the night sky in streaks of smoke and flame; their dummy leads would trigger any activated countermeasures employed by the war droids before their live munitions struck true to their targets. The X-wing's themselves turned their noses to the ground, unleashing deadly salvos of linked cannon fire that cut through assaulting Mandalorian infantry forces. One low-flying X-wing unintentionally struck a Mandalorian that had boosted themselves into the air via their jetpack. The Mandalorian's midsection hit one of the T-70's stabilizers and was severed in half, painting the CSAF starfighter's wing in blood.

Alena knew the massive shield walkers would need to be dealt with as swiftly as possible if their assault force was to be stalled and their smaller vehicles made vulnerable to their own tanks. With air support having arrived, Alena decided the time had come. She hailed 1st ACSB's commanding officer and gave the order for 2nd Battalion to initiate their attack. Within moments she spied the movement of the A-10's icons on her battlefield display as they abandoned their standby position in the South-West forests, striking for the shoreline. They would hit the Mandalorian force from the South, catching them on their left flank and attack in unison with other Republic assets on standby.

All in all the battle was progressing as Alena might have expected. The Mandalorian advance had been swift, but was slowly as the two forces tangled with one another on the West beach. The Mandalorian's shield walls broke and reformed here and there as they moved from one fortified position to the next, losing handfuls of soldiers with each transition. Alena's tanks lifted themselves up onto their haunches and stepped forward just enough to attain firing solutions on the beachfront. As Republic positions were routed, their mass drive cannons began targeting these various shield walls and loosing high-explosive rounds into their formations. [member=Draco Vereen] would find himself and his soldiers assaulted by a foe they could not reach with spears alone as sand and flesh were cast into the air only to be seared by heat and flame. Republic soldiers fell swiftly to advancing formations of Mandalorian infantry, yet that advance began to slow as Alena's MAT-TE's targeted one group after another. DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! CSAF's tanks only increased their shelling as [member=Elaine Thul]'s artillery batteries were assaulted by Mandalorian troops. The MAT-TE's bow anti-personnel cannons cut a swath of death and flame through Mandalorian ranks, breaking shield walls that buckled under the heavy cannon fire. These often swiftly reformed, a credit to Mandalorian training and fighting discipline, only to be routed utterly by mass driven rounds.
Alena's position atop the bluffs allowed her walkers to focus their weaponry on enemy infantry for the moment, as they were unassailed by Mandalorian anti-armor as of yet. This would quickly change, she knew, and was prepared for their next course of action. Mandalorian units had already been spotted entering the forests, and Alena expected they still had forces in reserve that had yet to be deployed. As she was playing the long game, CSAF's Lord Commander was prepared to yield the beach in favor of the greater victory. Republic soldiers and CSAF Commandos had already lined the river gulches leading out of the forest with explosives and marked those positions for mortar strikes if they managed to draw the Mandalorians away from the beach and further inland toward the city. There was little other choice, of course, unless the Mando'ade wanted to travel many miles around in order to approach Kochirho from other avenues.

Alena gave the battelfield one more overview before turning her attention to the bigger picture. The fighting would remain stalled on the beaches for some time before one side or another gave way. With the Mandalorian war vehicles making landfall on the shore she expected the Republic to capitulate, though with her airborne forces on their way, they could certainly turn the tide of this step in the conflict. The Republic's armies were spread thin these days, even though their territory had continued to shrink over the last several years of war. Their soldiers were tired, their leaders frustrated, and this Alena understood. The average Republic enlistee lacked both the warrior culture that gave Mandalorian the fighting force its backbone and the rigorous, even deadly training regimen that had shaped CSAF into the lethal entity that it was. For this, Alena pitied them, though she avoided looking down on the Republic's ranks for their misgivings. They represented a multicultural society, and as such the roles they filled were more diluted than those of Mandalorian or CSAF soldiers. This gave Republic society great adaptability as a people, though disadvantaged them in times of overbearing hardship.

Alena didn't approve of the Clans' chosen courses of action against otherwise peaceful civilizations, though she understood where their disdain for the Republic was born of. Then again, Mandalorians had historically seen any aruetiise as weaker than themselves, and even in defeat had never holstered their lust for war. Mandalorian civilization, culture, was volatile, and incompatible with the concept of peace as they lived now. Discussion over the nature of their conflict with the Republic was a pointless endeavor, Alena knew, as the Mandalorians sought war for their own personal societal satisfaction. This war had never been about dead civilians or stolen corporations, and the Republic would make no progress attempting to negotiate peace with beings that had chosen an identity of savagery. Honor, glory...these were absurd reasons to go to war, in Alena's opinion. She could hardly believe she was born of their society, raised by it. The differences were glaring, and the Mandalorian people she had known in her youth had allowed themselves to be bastardized by hatred, zealotry and fear. Gone were the days of Mandalorian courage and honor, in her view. The Clans had returned themselves to the base desires of their long-dead ancestors; war for the sake of war.

"I'll never understand what drives an entire people to this end," she muttered, lowering the macrobinoculars from her eyes and taking in the growing battle without them for the first time. Her helmet rested behind the transparasteel canopy of the pilot's station, its T-shaped visor glinting in the starlight. For a brief moment she hated herself for being one of them, though this feeling was quashed by the realization that she wasn't one of them. These people were not her people, and while she could not determine for anyone else who was and was not Mando'ade, she didn't have to accept them as her own either.

Kachirho City (Forests, City; Republic-controlled territory)
Objective: Defend Kochirho City
Characters: Colonel Guri Pasha, Commanding Officer of CSAF's 3rd IBCT (Infantry Brigade Commando Team)

Enemies: Mandalorian Clans
Targets: [member=Nolan Detta], [member=Briika Tor], [member=Vilaz Munin], [member=Goran], [member=Zef Halo], [member=Keira Ticon], [member=Marcus Lok], [member=3X744], [member=Isley Verd], [member=Alkor Centaris]

The fighting within the forests surrounding Kochirho City, several kilometers from the rocky bluffs and sandy shores of the West Beach, did not develop at a slow crawl as had the engagements on the lakefront. There had been no gradual coalescence of the two adversaries, Republic and Mandalorian, no rallying and breast-beating at one another. Rather, the conflict here, within the shadowy viscera and vertical expanse of Kochirho's forests, began abruptly, and violently.

Basilisk War Droids, great machinations of Mandalore's ancient history of conflict, crashed through the forest canopy from dark skies into dark lands, bearing their Mando'ade charges on their thickly hided backs. Leaves rained down and boughs shook and broke as the massive mechanical beasts rent through the canopy to the forest floor to bear their riders to the ground. Laser cannon fire from their steeds signaled their arrival to CSAF and Republic forces dispersed throughout the area in defense of the city, a secondary line independent of their allies on the lakeshore. Scouts patrolling in silence on the forest floor or in the boughs above took note of what they could and relayed their findings to SAFCOM and Republic Command, and immediately the defense of Kochirho was initiated.

CSAF's AT-TE walkers, adequately concealed by their own capabilities and the darkness of the forest itself, lay in wait for their approaching foes. Teams of CSAF marksmen littered the boughs of the wroshyr trees that cast the earth in darkness with their expansive nets of limbs and leaves. Black Operators, equipped with special masking equipment, patrolled in silence as they followed the developing intelligence regarding their Basilisk-borne foes. The bulk of CSAF's Commando forces were dispersed in squads across the sturdy Wookiee platforms of the outer city, or patrolling the forest floor on foot or in Recon Walkers that clunked dully with every step. In the distance, if one listened carefully, roving speeder bikes could be heard whining quietly here and there as they passed. The forest muffled every sound by drowning it in an unending crescendo of ambient noise; the creaking and rustling and chirping and hollering of the forest's myriad lifeforms filled every space between the trees.

Closer to Kochirho itself, and far more visible, Republic soldiers and fighting vehicles were stationed at choke points and positions of advantage over encroaching foes. Their Wookiee allies stood with them, laying in wait in the trees, hidden and concealed from sight and sound and machine. Ambush locations had been determined well in advance as the Mandalorians had struggled to land their forces on the planet's surface. Traps and deceitful puzzles were dispersed throughout the forests surrounding the city. The homes and structures of the Wookiee people were all but abandoned as those unfit for fighting had been gathered near the city's heart and efforts were made to provide safe evacuation in the face of the tiresome Mandalorian war machine.

Guri Pasha, Colonel of CSAF's 3rd Brigade, waited patiently on the bough of an ancient wroshyr tree, her rifle hanging from a clip on her left shoulder plate. The Basilisks' presence had been clearly announced and word had already been transmitted throughout their forces of the Mando'ade's arrival. They were not a subtle people, the Rodian. Perhaps if they were they might stand a chance.

As the War Droids carried their charges through the darkness of Kochirho's massive forests, allied forces began to identify and converge on their location. Wookiees swung themselves silently from one bough to another, their terrible claws giving them purchase wherever they needed it.
CSAF operatives endeavored to keep up with the shaggy natives, their own armor systems hiding them beneath a mottled-green and brown camouflage design. Their Verpine Assault Rifles, as silent as they were deadly, were angled down at their foes, muzzles shifting in time with the Mandalorian's travel. AT-TE walkers, hidden in the distance, endeavored to track their foes through the dense forests and myriad boughs and obstructions, as much hidden from their enemy as their enemy was from them.

A single utterance is all it took to initiate what would become a period of slaughter. It was borne neither of anger nor of ill will. It was emotionless and simple. Whereas the Mando'ade shouted and cursed and beat their breasts in the face of their foes, CSAF's Commandos remained the professionals they had been molded into through years of hardship and attrition that had whittled away the excess of their being until only the essence of a knight banneret remained. Mandalorians held their edge through perpetual warfare. CSAF held their edge through discipline, vigilance, and devotion to an ideal that superseded even their own lives: Defend the defenseless.
They were neither a shield nor an anvil, but rather a hammer, swung in response to all things evil and unjust. Whatever hypocrisies the Mando'ade hoped to uncover by defeating the Republic here on Kashyyyk would flail in the face of their own inadequacy. They were beasts, wild and mindless, and had earned naught but pity.

::I pity them.::

Even years after the battle, no one managed to uncover the identity of the speaker, and they never came forward of their own volition. But their words sparked such a ferocity in the ranks of CSAF, the Republic, and the Wookiees alike that had not been seen since ages long forgotten. The Basilisk-borne Mandalorians, lead by the infamous [member=Vilaz Munin], would find themselves buried in such a cascade of death that swept through the dim-lit forest outside of the city of Kochirho that its origin could not be determined. Verpine projectiles cut through the thick, musky air of the forest in waves, their only sound would be the impact they made against wood and stone and earth and flesh. For several brief moments the fight was a silent one, leaves were severed from their boughs to tumble toward the forest floor and chips of bark burst into the air to clatter quietly down below.
The fire lulled suddenly, and from the silent fight was born a war as monstrous Wookiees launched themselves from the darkened shelves of the wroshyr trees, uttering vibrant and fearsome war cries, and wielding ryyk blades and personal shields they descended upon their victims with such a violence of action that few had ever seen. Rage and the drive to defend their homeland consumed them, sharpening their senses, dulling their pain, swelling their already impressive strength.
Two of these great natives threw themselves at [member=Vilaz Munin]'s Basilisk, thermal detonators clutched in their hands. They knew the machines could not be readily fought with conventional weapons alone, but must be rent asunder piece by piece with righteous hands and furious strength. Several others revealed themselves from the forest's undergrowth, swinging their great ryyk scythes at [member=Keira Ticon] and [member=Briika Tor], striking not for the neck but the weak points of the armor beneath the arms, or at the waist. The Mandalorians would find themselves assaulted on all sides by a people whose ferocity and pride rivaled their own, who knew the terrain of their homeland and had more to fight and die for than their invaders from across the Galaxy.

What had begun as a crusade would end as an exodus.

Objective: Beach Assault
Friends: [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Ra Vizsla"] [member="Rekali the Hutt"] [member="Caspian Rekali"] [member="Kano Oda"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Kade Kelborn"]
Targets: [member="Elaine Thul"] [member="Kaiden Rohn"] [member="Myles Savar"]

Gear:
Eukar'gam with funny boots
Grappling rope
Heavy Ripper
Jairi Edee (10 in a quiver on his back)
Jaian Bes'tratur

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCCOWMej4R4[/youtube]

He's got a pair of arms like iron bands,
With a hammer let this Mando swing,
He's got a voice cure with honeyed mead,
So you better let a brother sing! (Woah)
March on sand, through the fears,
Hold it up, raise your spears,
You say the Pubbies will defend this world,
You need a Mando to train you we-he-helll!

So as we charge right into this trench (c'mon, make it so)
And you'll how much a Goran can bench (Y'even lift bro)
Wait a minute, why you running now? (ah)
Wait a minute where's the WAAAAAAAR!!!
Raises your arms up and fire (we gonna take it)
Glory is our desire (It's time to break it)
Wait a minute, Let me swing this spear (OYA!)
Wait a minute, You're Impaaa-haah-haaaayled!

Now you might've learned some combat training here,
But I'mma break some iron on your back,
You could've fought through every trench right here,
But the press won't cut you any slack,
You fight like you're all nobles, but we damn savage nomads
You think the Republic will save your soul,
But the Manda can heal this wooooo-ooooo---ooooorld!

Glory here in the war, (we've come to take it)
Fighting here by the scores (we'll make or break it)
Wait a minute, can we take that point (firebombs!)
Smash that turret into scrap (OYA!)

It's full tilt in time,
It's mead from the stein,
It's Funky's old line, it's solo
Running on these beaches
As our music makes screeches,
We rising up form the foam,
Battle so hardcore,
All of house Thul knows our score,
Advancing through this trench like a RANCOR!
Go Balor charging it,
Cause we all at large in it
The Shaman's ain't Calming it,
It's clan Balor and Funky
Come and duel me you monkeys
I'll slice you up into chunks please
While you all running from me!
If you duel then we cool,
If you damn Pubbie or Thuul,
It ain't a night for dancing but hit the floor cause I'm swinging

F to the U to the N to the K , o Whyyy!
F to the U to the N to the K , o Whyyy!
You Think the Republic wants to save this world,
But you need a Mando to bring the squaaaaaad!

Glory here in the war, (we've come to take it)
Fighting here by the scores (we'll make or break it)
Wait a minute, can we take that point (firebombs!)
Smash that turret into scrap (OYA!)

Spears all set for the charge (we movin' through it)
Mandos, living it large (we gonna do it)
I said seek this glorious war,
War, war, war, war, war, war, war, WAR! (OYA!)
Puts these fools to the blade, (We're seeking glory)
Don't rest till their all slayed (One damn good story)
Wait a minute, let me swing my spear, (WHOA!)
Wait a minute let me plaaaaaayyyyyy!

(OOC: To be certain I'm clear, we charge the trench through the rear, and we're swinging while swing as the sum of your fears. So if you dislike my cadence, you call it decadence, but I'm charging through this third trench with an infantry made thus. Please feel free to resist, as it gets better than this, I'm sick of trying to make this show by myself into a plot with no twist.)

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
Location: MC120 Independence-class Battlecruiser Dauntlass, Dropping out of hyperspace near Mimban
Objective: Fleet
Allies: None Currently
Enemies: None Currently

302nd Republic Heavy Flotilla - 10,120 meters

Independence, what does that mean? What was it to be independent, to be free? The galaxy has been inflicted by tyranny and conflict for thousands of years. Where there are people there is war, it is as inevitable as time passing itself. People will always dispute each others claim to power, or land, or credit. It was just how things were, how the galaxy was so to speak. Nothing changes the cycle of distrust and conflict, nothing sates the hunger of greed and nothing comforts the despair of loss. Independence was the only true freedom left in the galaxy, Reshmar knew this. He had seen governments abuse this time and time again. He had seen the hand of greed and jealously grip the throat of the people of the galaxy and crush with impunity. This was why the Mon Calamari of old modified their once peaceful vessels to wage war. When Tyrany and evil sought to extinguish freedom The Independence-Class was the answer to this. At three kilometers, the Independence, Home One, and Dauntless were, at the time, among the largest vessels in the galaxy, only after the New order had risen and began building their weapons of war did the massive Calamari ships become shadowed by the larger super dreadnaughts the New Order constructed. These stellar leviathans answered the call and proved to be more than capable of taking on these larger more powerful vessels. Now once again the name Independence and the class which it inspired vied the enemies of freedom.

Dauntless, named after the third ship of the original class, was the first of the new class to be finished and ready for service. Under Contract The Galactic Republic was owed the ship having paid for the manufacturing of the first three vessels of the class. The large flotilla escorting the massive ship were set rendezvoused with her at Mimban then go from there to Denon for her final deployment ceremony and then turned over to the Republic. Reshmar had taken a change and come out of hiding to accompany the massive ship to Denon, as it was a two billion credit deal and he felt deemed his personal attention. Now as the ship dropped out of hyperspace He relaxed a bit seeing the escort fleet which would safely guard him to Denon and the Republic.

"Admiral, We have reverted and are moving into position with the escorts now." said Captain Lorkin, the commander of Dauntless. Reshmar nodded and swam up next to the man. Like the original vessels of the class the new Independence-class were completely filled with water and only utilized Mon Calamari Crew. The Republic intended to modify the vessel for non-calamari crew after ot had taken possession but the vessels were built as the old Mon Calamari ships were. Each was a work of art to the Mon Calamari people and as such was tailored to their physiology and their advantages in eyesight and improved dexterity in water. Only the Hanger and ready rooms were not pressurized with sea water. That was to accommodate the multi races of aviators and guest the ship may have.

Reshmar swam into position beside the captain and rested his hands on the command panel before him. He looked over the last of the performance reports of the crew and smiled. His people were the best in the galaxy, he knew many races claimed this but in his mind The Mon Cala were the best at naval warfare hands down. Lorkin turned to look at a display to his left then pressed a button to open a channel.

"MCS Independence, I am Commodore Riten, welcome fo Mimban. I am afraid I have some grim news admiral, Kashyyyk has come under attack my mandalorian forces, and my flotilla has been ordered to assist since were the closest heavy battle group to Kashyyyk currently available." said the commander of the escort formation. "I have also been instructed to ask for your assistance in this matter Admiral Reshmar. Fleet Command wants you to proceed with activating Dauntless here at Mimban and escort me and my group to Kashyyyk as soon as possible." continued the man. reshmar scoffed and closed his eyes for a moment before responding.

"Commodore Riten, I and my crew are only obligated to transport this vessel to The Republic. We are not contracted to fight in this or any conflict the Republic has with the United Mandalorian Clans." said Reshmar in protest to the mans request. HE rolled his eyes in an expression of anger for a moment then thought better of it. "And besides, We have no attack craft complement aboard." said Reshmar further laying out his reasons for not complying to the request. The human officer on the other end of the conversation smiled and answered.

"Yes, I was told to request your assistance or refuse delivery and head to Kashyyyk without you. I am afraid I will have to abide by those orders Admiral." said the officer as he motioned for someone to cut the transmission. Reshmar spoke then getting the mans attention before he could close the channel.

"Commodore, As I am obligated to deliver Dauntless to the Republic I must insist you facilitate the transfer of ownership. The Republic is contractually obligated to pay for the construction of the ship and MCS cannot recieve clear payment until I have handed over the vessel." said Reshmar tot he man now grinning. There was a time when Reshmar was loyal tot he Republic. A time he was in charge of the fleet and respected by all officers with in it. That had changed since he and the other members of the Directorate left active duty and become advisory only commissions. Sure they had all taken command of groups in the role of advisory commander. Reshmar had fought many battles since his retirement from active Republic duty. Now new officers were filling the ranks of the Republic and with them a lack of respect for the old guard.

"I am sorry Admiral but people are dying on Kashyyk right now. I and my force are leaving for the battle and cannot do as you ask. My commanders have asked me to inform you that if you can not join our battle the contract will be void and the republic credits promised you will be forfeit." said the Republic officer. Reshmar thought about the situation he was in, he understood the Commodore was just doing what he was ordered to do. However, the man seemed to be enjoying it too much. Reshmar needed the credits, at nearly seven billion credits the deal for the first ship was not something he could eat and make up the loss somewhere else. He had one card he could play, if he had to comply with the Republics request he would do so on his terms and not the fleet commands.

"Very well Commodore, Inform your commander that I will assist the Republic and in doing so here by invoke article seven zero four one of my advisory commission and take command of your battlegruop. Have Mimbans planetary attack wing move into position and jump with us to Kashyyyk, I will support them with Dauntless and move your ships into formation to jump." said Reshmar with a smirk only a Mon Cala could achieve. The officer on the other end of the transmission looked upset and confused by what had just happened. In the blink of an eye Reshmar had made himself an active fleet admiral and taken Ritens command.

"yes sir" said the officer biting his lip in the process, plainly angered by what had just happened. The next hour was spent reading the group and getting the fighters off Mimban and ready to jump. The massive form of Independence moved into final jump position and dwarfed the other vessels in the group.

"Admiral all stations report green, the fleet is yours." said Captain Lorkin as he swam up to join Reshmar at the command station. Reshmar nodded and looked over the final information Republic Fleet Command had sent him about the hornets nest he was jumping into.

"Very well Captain, Take us to hyperspace" said Reshmar closing down the window in his command station and looking at the jump counter now running on the forward screen. a moment later the combined force disappeared leavign only empty space above Mimban.

K A S H Y Y Y K
tumblr_nfpos4hoJy1r9a32bo1_500.gif
Objective: Beach Assault
Allies: Mandalorian Clans | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Caspian Rekali"] | [member="Rekali the Hutt"] | [member="Ra Vizsla"] | [member="Preliat Mantis"] | [member="Zef Halo"] | [member="Ra Vizsla"]
Enemies: Galactic Republic | [member="Elaine Thul"] | [member="Captain August"] | [member="Ali Hadrix"]

The second wave of transports were landing on the beach.​
The front ramps of their amphibious transports began to drop their ramps, black smoke billowing past them.​

Ra's visor was slowly centered on the Republic HoloNews Network reporter, fixated, yet again. Mand'alor was currently receiving reports that a Galactic Republic News Station was airing interviews of their leaders in order to slander the Mandalorian war effort. If Ra was to show any emotion as he viewed these reports through his comms unit, one couldn't tell through the blank visor of his helmet. However absurd he found it, however ridiculous it seemed, Ra showed no physical reaction to it. He motioned for the reporter to stand, and point his camera at the beach. Smoking ruins from the first wave. Hordes of basilisk war droids flew over head. The screams of the Roche victims continue to resound through the billowing black smoke as Mand'alor stood ahead of the transport.

He walked forward, stepping into the sand and water of the West Beach.

Only a few blaster bolts made their way in his direction, most of them going wild. The sound of the screaming began to die down. The speakers began to unanimously lower in volume. Silence began to fall on the beach.

Silence.

gobblegobblegobble
XQTbIWu.png

Something in the distance.

gobblegobblegobble

The rustling of feet. The trampling of sand. A thunderous noise of movement.

GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE

Hordes of Dantooine Plains Turkeys erupted from the transports that had landed on the beach, bursting forth from the black smoke of the fleet. The gobbling hordes of terrifying monstrous land avians began to rapidly pick up pace throughout the sands of Kashyyyk. Some of them were bearing riders on their backs, leading packs of others that didn't have riders. Their heads twitched and jerked, despite being unable to see through their helmets. The war turkeys began wobbling their way up the embankment and towards the defensives of the Republic.

Ra stood still, watching them all pour forth.

A majority of the riders began to stop, ushering forth the riderless turkeys. They rode forward. Mand'alor lifted his spear, turning to the transports to his right and left. Another wave of turkeys erupted from the transports. These were towing Anti-Aircraft repulsorlift cages. They began to fire on the atmospheric defenses the Republic was mustering against the Mando'ade onslaught. Larger turkeys with riders ushered forward carrying guns and mounted weapons against the Republic in some wild display of turkey warfare on the beach.

Meanwhile, in the distance, explosions were heard of from the first wave of turkeys.

They were suicide bombing their poor, defenseless, feathered bodies against the Republic encampment on the beach. Screaming gobbles were heard throughout the beach, but were almost immediately silenced in a concussive burst of feathers and flame.

Ra flipped back to the news network displaying the interviews of the leaders of the Republic.

"I just fail to see any logic in it if any could be found." [member="Lady Kay"] was currently speaking.

You could almost see Ra laughing behind his helmet.

He turned to the reporter.

"Do you see?"
"I have come to Kashyyyk looking to bring the leadership of the Galactic Republic to justice,
and found only turkeys."

Ra wasn't good with jokes. His humor was often found lacking.

He stared off into the distance of the beach.

"Ha. Ha. Ha."

Objective ->Beach Assault

Gear in bio
Allies: [member="Aver Brand"]
Mandalorian Allies: [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Ra Vizsla"]| [member="Rekali the Hutt"] | [member="Aryn Spar"] | [member="Buruk Surhaai"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"]
Enemies: The Galactic Republic, [member="Ali Hadrix"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuSzQCLjf0A​
An eye twitched beneath his helmet, for the drivel he was hearing come across the communications. He couldn't help it, a laugh escaped his lips. And it resonated through the helmet and through the vessel, shaking his head as he stifled his amusement. This was what was left of the Galactic Republic, a dog beaten far too many times. He knew better than most, having held the switch in hand more times than he could count. After all, the do-gooders were his favorite form of beast at the end of the lash. When given the opportunity to choose, when payment wasn't a concern, his leanings were always obvious.

They were heading to a place the Republic had once tasted defeated and they would soon be handed a second serving. One once crammed down a mouth forced open, now they would chew it gleefully. It almost took the fun out of the spectacle. Almost.

The ship entered the atmosphere on point, just as Aver had promised, and the planet wasn't too happy to see them. Even the world knew what they had done. But that wouldn't stop them, nothing would. A contract was a contract and it would be completed or they would die trying. And just as they collided with the planet, he was reminded of the stubborn resolve of the Equalizers. Separated, they were a testament of such notions. Together, they couldn't be equaled.

He wasn't as prepared as Aver was to exit the vessel, fated to follow in her footsteps. But they were easy to find, trudging through the white sands of Kachirho beach. Sand and flats and dimpled ponds of water met the low tide, Dark smoke buffeting the horizon in an otherwise windless world. He looked up, red visor rotating as he surveyed the land. Blasterfire dazzled the blue sky, trailing through the smoke like old world cannons through clouds - piercing only to be forgotten a moment later by mindless wisps and contrails.

He followed in his companions wake, memory drawing back to fonder times on Nadir. Where the battle offered a true challenge. From amidst the smoke and distraction of battle, she tossed a grenade towards the reporters. His baton buzzed to life, the nexus of the blade hidden within his arm bled out profusely and in black and red ribbons. An electrified baton found additional power in imbuement, coated in the force projection. Where she tossed the grenade, he ran full force, following it headlong into the fight.

Maybe he'd get lucky. Maybe the explosion might wound him, offer some form of handicap. For all intents and purposes, no thought initiated the charge. Only thirst for the enemy. And he'd be damned if that grenade would remove all who stood in their way.

Rekali the Hutt

R
Allies: [member="Caspian Rekali"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Ra Vizsla"] | [member="Preliat Mantis"] | [member="Varien Moxla"] | [member="Funky Balor"] | [member="Loray Tares"] | [member="Aver Brand"]
Enemies: [member="Ali Hadrix"] [member="Myles Savar"] [member="Elaine Thul"] [member="Captain August "][member="Kaiden Rohn"] [member="Alena Reckar"]
Equipment: Lightaxe, Custom-Fitted Rekali'gam, Totem of the Unfamiliar

While the Republic Forces might have put a spin on their current situation and say that things were going fine for them when one took an actual look at the battlefield it seemed the Mandalorians outnumbered the Republic Forces by perhaps four to one. The wookiees themselves seemed more numerous and more passionate than Republic Force. Why not after all, when they were defending their homeland? A pity they didn't have better caretakers.

Vwooosh! There was a humm as the energy of Rekali's Lightaxe cut the sky, and the wookiee ryyk blademan in front of him. Their charges were becoming more numerous, necessitating more direct combat. Wookiee after wookiee came, some dying to blaster bolt, some to vornskyr shotgun, some dying in a flamethrower induced blaze, and a few to the swip of Rekali's Lightaxe, until a great sound was heard in the distance.

gobblegobblegobble

Rekali the Hutt stopped in his slithering tracks. Was that the sound? The sound of Ra's war machines?

gobblegobblegobble

Rekali the Hutt stopped in his slithering tracks. Was that the sound? The sound of Ra's war machines?

Rekali the Hutt raised his ax to the sky with a fist pump.

"Gobble!" He screamed, uttering not in a specific language but with a specific sound.

"Gobble!" His fellow vod screeched as they raised their arms.

GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE

The magnificent Dantooine Plains Turkey roared, and Rekali the Hutt and his raiding party echoed.

"GOBBLE!" As they held their perimeter, suicide turkeys charging past.

"GOBBLE!" As the sounds of TURKEE turrets began lighting up Elaine Thul's artillery emplacement.

"GOBBLE!" They screamed as they marched forward in cadence, letting loose blaster bolt after blaster bolt as they charged what remained of the first trench.

"GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" They chanted, a war cry unique and yet terrifying. Along with the Black Smoke Devices covering the beach and the sound of wookiees perishing to their exploding turkeys the Wookiees and the Republic would know the true face and sound of fear.

Imageddwwvg.bmp.jpg

Objective: Assault, in the second trench
Allies: [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Caspian Rekali"] | [member="Rekali the Hutt"] | [member="Ra Vizsla"] | [member="Preliat Mantis"] | [member="Funky Balor"]
Enemies: [member="Elaine Thul"] | @Captain August
Gear:
  • Beskar Bevii'ragir (traditional Mandalorian hunting spear)
  • Mechamiri
  • Multiple vibroknives
  • Beskar Beskar'gam (Forgot to include that earlier, my bad)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GKFnwanS1I​

Republic troopers fell like wheat before the scythe. They were trained and hardened, many obviously veterans of the Republic's wars with the One Sith, but they were hardly prepared for what they faced in battle today. Such a fact was clear even before the turkeys arrived.

Kima spun the bevii'ragir in her hand, letting the razor sharp blade pass across the throat of yet another Republic soldier. She had just enough time to spot rank insignia on his armor before the subsequent gush of crimson fluid obscured any markings on the breastplate of his armor. Recovering from the swing, she drove the butt of the weapon into the helmet of the next soldier. The ferocity of the strike coupled with the increased strength from the Katag'ihr she'd ingested earlier sent the man reeling away, splinters of material flying from the impact of the blow. She didn't care if the man was unconscious or dead, but the limp form on the ground told her he was no longer a threat.

Her armor was spattered with blood, concealing and dulling the painted colors and insignia, but she was far from the only one. Nearly every berserker was coated in gore, primarily that of Republic troopers. As the Republic soldiers thinned out around her, she moved on down the trench, heedless of the danger. Boots crunched into firm sand as she ran, the fighting and bloodshed around her almost unnoticed as the inner rage carried her forward to find an opponent.

In moments, she found exactly that.

Clad in powered armor and standing between her and glory stood her next foe. There were others around him, many fighting at range or even in hand to hand, but this one was hers.

She bull rushed the soldier, spear leveled. He swung the blaster in his hands around, opening fire at the new threat. She dove to the side, still rushing forward, and tucked into a roll. Behind and beside her the blaster rounds impacted in the sand and the soldier moved to readjust. Unfortunately, Kima was already on her feet and moving forward. She leapt up and to the side, planting one foot on the wall of the trench before launching herself into the air at her newfound foe.

The razor tip of the spear aimed true, the point diving straight for the weaker armor around the throat of the powered armor soldier. She felt the rush of blood in her veins as time seemed to slow, savoring the suspense for the death blow. Then, as suddenly as it started, the rush stopped. The spear impacted, but not against armor. She slammed hard into the deflector shield produced by the powered armor and hit the ground.

Knowing she was vulnerable, she rolled away and regained her feet just as the enemy trooper slammed a booted foot where her throat would have been. She began circling as the soldier reloaded, spear leveled and the glinting point dancing as it searched for an opening. The rage inside told her to keep attacking, to keep slamming into the foe's defenses, but for once the logical part of her brain clamped down with desperate hands. She needed an opening, a weakness to exploit.

Things were about to get... interesting.

Objective: Pest Control
Allies: Mandalorian Clans | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Caspian Rekali"] | [member="Rekali the Hutt"]
Enemies: Galactic Republic | [member="Elaine Thul"] | [member="Captain August "]| [member="Ali Hadrix"]

And so it would be.

Mira would leave behind the protection of the Mandalorian troop lines and her cousin Caspian, as well as the others – with clear instructions to weed out the pests within the trees. It was an interesting setup, the Galactic Republic opting to utilize the dense foliage from above as nesting grounds for ambushes and chokepoints. Mira had seen similar things before, when her mother defended this planet against the One Sith onslaught – she knew the tactics, the strategy, the positioning. She knew the outcome would end up being the same for the vaunted Republic forces. Atleast for the ones who would come to face her. Every Mandalorian had their own reasons and purpose for being the driving force behind the Crusade against the darkness that stemmed from within the shell of the once great democracy – Mira was no different. The Jedi that remained were tainted in their views, the bureaucrats that remained did nothing to reign in the iron fisted ways of the former Supreme Chancellor and in the end – her mother died for it.

A selfless act at Roche compelled her to exile in the Unknown Regions. To train and understand the Force better, but to also look at the bigger picture. Her life would never be the same and upholding the Jedi way would never mean anything – so long as the Galactic Republic banner flew amongst the governments within the Galaxy.

In the end, one could claim her purpose was vengeance.

Maybe it was just good old fashioned an eye for an eye.

Swiftness would be her key to success, as she would catch her prey off-guard, moving through the foliage with precision. Before sounds could be made, Mira struck. A poisoned dart here, a glide-esque kick to knock someone out cold there. She’d bounce from point to point on the outer perimeter, slowly and methodically making her way inwards. It would be the third nest on the outer edges where she encountered the heaviest resistance.

The first Republic trooper would go down without a fight, collapsing in a heap of camouflaged armor. The second trooper would charge in, low and fast. Mira would gladly intercept him at her waist, despite the differences between them. The man held a clear advantage he held over her in both size and strength, but to true fighters - that wasn't everything. Arms would wrap about his left arm just as he came up to lift the small girl in the air and slam all of her in her beskar glory into the hardened woshy’r tree. The resounding thud echoed through the treeline, but Mira maintained her lock despite the jarring and pain that emanated through her core. She would twist and utilize his downward momentum to her advantage, flipping him over onto his back in between her legs. The sound of snapping ligaments and other soft tissue would fill her audio sensors as she jerked upwards with enough force to pull the arm free from the joint. Screams followed shortly after but were muffled as her legs came to wrap about his neck and lock at the ankles. Her back arched as she held onto the now grossly loose arm, twisting and pulling in order to inflict the maximum amount of pain. The muffled cries and flailing would begin to die down, slowly fading as unconsciousness took hold. Mira felt the tension ease and then give away completely as the man went into lala land. With a heavy sigh, she let go and tossed the loose arm over the chest of the man infront of her.

It was only then she realized she was sweating and only then did she feel the white hot burning flame of hatred licking at her core. She allowed a moment of composure, sitting up with a ragged breath before keying her comm. A secure channel to Caspian and Draco. *Breached the outer perimeter, Republic forces are setting up heavy ambush points…* She exhaled roughly. *I assume I’m proceeding forward?*

Something caught her attention as she waited for a response back from the others - the thermal sensors picking up a radiating heat signature from the groin of the trooper who she knocked out cold. A puddle of yellowish liquid had pooled up beneath him causing Mira to quickly stand, avoiding the urine with a disgusted grunt. She stepped over the body of the second trooper, looking down at him with an unimpressed gaze behind her visor. *Guess they don't train you boys as well as they used to...*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom