Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Siege of Commenor [TSE/CSA]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay grit her teeth as she was forced up from her sitting position and into a kneeling one. This was not the type of day that she was planning for when she woke up this morning. Her eyes met that of [member="Darth Prazutis"] . She had seen that look from him before, many years ago when he held her captive and forced her through many months of torture.

Now she was going through torture of another kind. Her home world was under attack, and both him and [member="Darth Carnifex"] tried to put the blame entirely on her hands. But it was false. She wasn't pulling the triggers. She wasn't giving the orders. She wasn't dropping the bombs. All that she was doing was..was...

...Let her pride get in the way.

Did she believe in the Sith's apparent tried and true method of quelching rebellions? No. If it was so successful, then rebellions everywhere would cease to exist. But rebellions always happen. Good would always return. It was a neverending cycle. Just as war was. Yet she kept her people out of it for as long as she could. Now it was on their doorstep in such force. Survival wasn't certain.

Kay got a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach as Prazutis mentioned a demonstration. Hearing that the Sith forces were being pulled out, it only meant one thing
Utter destruction. She overheard the conversations on the comms, unable to pull her head away due to the Sith Emperor's grip on her chin and the hold on her by the guards.

As Munto City was destroyed and millions of lives removed in an instant, Kay could feel it through the Force, a shockwave that made her dizzy, yet she couldn't fall. The cheers on the platform only made her feel worse. While she still could, she reached out to her husband [member="Veiere Arenais"] , hoping that he could hear her. ~They wiped out Munto City...I can't let them kill everyone, not for my sake.
I have to put an end to this...I hope that you all will forgive me for the damage I've caused...I love you and our children too. Always remember that.~

She closed her eyes, fighting back the tears as all those lives were lost. And it wasn't until Prazutis started speaking again that she opened them. She wanted to tell him that resistence wasn't just on Commenor, but elsewhere too, but there was no point in arguing. Kay's shoulders sank a little, with the weight of the world upon them. "Stop....Stop! No more!
You've made your point!"
She took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. "If surrendering to you means that what remains of my people will be spared, then I will do it...I will do it."

She swallowed a lump in her throat, or perhaps that was her pride. Her mind went to [member="Yasha Mantis"] then, wondering what her niece thought of this assault. Did she know? Surely it was being broadcasted everywhere by now. So where was her help? Was it nowhere to be found because Kay, herself wasn't quite physically harmed? Or was she betrayed by her too? Just as she was betrayed by [member="Mythos"] ?

It didn't matter anyways. Her fate, her family's and her people's were all in the Sith Emperor's hands. As well as the hands of her former Master.

[member="Darben Skirae"]

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, then suddenly her eyes bolted open and she sat up as she gripped her chest and panted....brigh next to her froze then started crying tears running down her face. Stardust looked outside the speeder as she looked in disbelief seeing the massive ship in the distance...the sound reached her ears as even she teared up...

by the force....twin canyon at the coordinates hurry as fast as we can go speed limit doesn't bloody matter get us to there!

@Mythos @Aten Ramses

Mara picked herself up off the ground as best as a drunk woman who just launched a rocket at her boyfriend could--which was to say, not very well at all. It took her several fumbling attempts before Mara was actually on her feet again, and even that was with the help of the soldier beside her. She flipped her comm on, holding it to her ear as she heard Mythos' words. It was a little old fashioned to have one of these flip models, especially for a hacker gurl like her, but it reminded her of her childhood. And it was too ironic to pass up. Normies just wouldn't understand.

"Yeah, yeah, sure sometimes ya know, I think you just like me for my skills," she grumbled drunkenly. She seized the soldier's wrist datapad and began tapping with hardly any real skill. The man had to just stand there awkwardly, unsure how to take it. "And you know I am not just talking about the things my hands do ​with the keyboard."

She pressed a wrong button, receiving a red warning blare. The drunk grunted angrily. Why did she have to come up with a complex code like this? Mara knew better, it only made it harder for her to drunk-hack later. Meanwhile she could hear everything her boyfriend and the man he was fighting were saying to each other.

"Boo!" she shouted at them both. She was distracted. Mara looked around before finding a small rock to throw at the two. She hurled it with all her might... only to have it fly up in the air and land next to her as the blue skinned hacker spun wildly, careening into a trashcan, "Your both so lame! Quit being so dramatic!"

"Ma'am, may I suggest ​not​ doing that?" the soldier asked, helping Mara to her feet again.

"I know what the hell I'm doing, Philip!" ​she snapped at him.

"B-b-but my name is Darigon," he protested.

"Yeah, well that's a garbage name. Your name is Philip now," she turned back to the two dueling Force users, "You should quit, grab a booze and some boo-I mean, booty."

"The shields, ma'am?" Philip/Darigon asked hesitantly, offering his forearm. Anything was better than this wino's screaming.

She seized his arm and tapped the name of what she loved most--Glitterstim. It was the password she came up with last time, it was easy, simple, and her go to.

"The you go, Hater!" she bellowed at the pair, (unsuccessfully) trying to shove the protesting Philip/Darigon towards them, "And while your at it, take this piece of trash too!"

Darben had no idea what was going on as they suddenly started tearing up. What had just happened? "Star?! Star what's wro-" Then he saw the massive ship. The cannon fire. And found himself speechless. They all saw it, and the driver was stunned as he heard the orders. The speeder sped off, and he clutched his family close. How? How had it come to this? Commenor was a place of peace. And now, war was here, and he saw it in full. He could not say a word.

[member="Stardust Australis Skirae"]

Rook Lokar

R
​Call it an irrational reaction to something that can be easily explained, thrown to the wind and moved on from with so much as a few words. Rook decided, in a pitiful attempt to keep himself safe, decided to run. His mind kicked into one big, fat 'Nope'. Thrusting himself to his feet after a few moments of dazed confusion. Did he feel betrayed? Somewhat, certainly. He had no real right to be, though. Ayessa was someone he hardly knew in all fairness, but the two had grown somewhat fond of each other. Enough that there weren't any obvious things hidden about them, or so he believed. Ayessa was a Jedi, and Rook was a Smuggler. Those two weren't destined to find themselves within each other's company for long. Too different, incompatible.

In the moment Rook shambled down the rubble-filled-incline, the R2 Unit trailed closely behind. His breathing had become ecstatic, frantic and afraid. His eyes always popping out of his head. Not only because of what he was caught in the middle of, but the fact Ayessa may have been the law. There was one thing to be in strife with two-bit gangsters, but with the authorities? They may be some long, long years within a prison system. Sharing a room with Haask, that damn Lizard who got nabbed on Ord Mantell. Eugh.

​That's not the life I'm willing to lead.

​His eyes' narrowed on a taller structure in the distance, it peered over the buildings within Chasin City. The Spaceport; housing the YT-1500 he could call home. That was his ticket off this planet his mind pondered whilst ducking behind something​, he hadn't cared as to what it was. A singular glance was cast upon the shield, his heart managed to skip a beat as he felt trapped.

[member="Ayessa Kroan"] - [member="Rohak Vizsla"]

Museum of Arts and History, Chasin City
Commenor
Engaging [member="Ayessa Kroan"] & waving [member="Rook Lokar"] goodbye

His sensors picked up movement of a figure from one of the corridors before it darted away from whence it came. Meanwhile, the Jedi was off to shuffle through the cover like a dirty little mynock. The Mandalorian fired a couple of shots each time the Jedi appeared from the cover but barely to any avail. Should he try flanking her? Risky but with a good reward. Jedis fetched a high price on the slave market or with the Sith. Or should he keep his distance and waste her time till the rest of pirates robbed the place to the last bit.

"You should have followed your friend, jetii." Rohak stated but only guessing at what the figure his scanners picked up earlier was. In reality he did not know, nor did he care.

A reckless and avaricious man by nature, the Mandalorian triggered his jetpack thrusting himself upwards like a dart. She couldn't hide when the threat was from above. He pulled the trigger but lost the grip of his carbine for a brief moment as a piece of pottery slammed into his side sending him flying to regain control. Rohak swerved around a few times before he took back control and fired a stun bolt at the Jedi.

MBcYInv.png
Watching, Waiting
An assumption made within the moment was something one should never hold in high regard, for it was only instinctual. They were prone to being wrong, too. Fett had believed that Veiere had somewhere of importance to go, perhaps sneak himself back to his Queen -- the one Koda wasn't aware had been captured -- in Chasin City. If that were the case, perhaps Fett was able to reroute Sith Imperial Forces into the Capital. There was bound to be plenty of extra credits to be thrust his way, of that he was certain. Maybe it was greed that had consumed him, made up his mind for him, and so on. His greatest vice, if nothing else.

Even still, as the Mandalorian concealed himself within the foliage surrounding the area, he had believed Arenais had somewhere of importance to go. He hadn't a doubt in his mind that Veiere was ready to flee, to run away from his responsibilities, perhaps his only one. Fett's grip on his Carbine tensed ever-so-slightly, prepared to make use of it in instance he had become discovered, but for now, he retained his positioning.

Maybe any other Mandalorian may view it as dishonourable to strike from the shadows. Although, it may prove to be a blessing that he was no Mandalorian anymore. Entirely cut off from the society, as he would prefer it too. It was a life he attempted to lead, but one that ultimately failed. Suppose even among killers he was too uncivilised.

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

Commenor, Chasin City, A Not-So-Lovely Museum, Undetermined Time
Stopping To Avoid Joining Local History | Assisting Commenor Systems Alliance | Combating The Sith Empire | Interacting Engaging with [member="Rook Lokar"] [member="Rohak Vizsla"] ~ Run Boy Run
——————————————————————

The loss of millions slammed into Ayessa like a speeder and seemed lined up to drown her in it's depths.

All that death and terror from one singular event. It was Umbara all over again. The loss of life was impossible to rationalize in her system, unable to be filtered out quickly, so she floundered. Yet, still, there wasn't any time for panic despite it closing in rapidly. This Mandalorian was clearly more capable than she had initially assumed and now she was at a serious disadvantage with her own senses betraying her in favour of being shocked. Cursing quietly, her thrown pot only offered a temporary reprieve, he was bearing down on her fast, what was there to do?

Rook really had abandoned her. Maybe that was for the best.

She was too much trouble to be worth it and this encounter was proving that.

Ayessa turned just as a stun bolt was fired by the airborne fighter. Pure, insane instinct took over her mind and she swung, trying to deflect the shot like any other. Admittedly, she wasn't sure if it'd even work, but worth a try. Anything to escape being at the mercy of someone like this pirate. Right now her mind was with Rook's, even if he had no intention of being on her side anymore; escape from this crazy karker with his crazy jetpack and his crazy intent. Commenor had just sent her mind into absolute overdrive, overclocked to the extreme; To the Force with the art and culture, right now, selfishly, Ayessa just wanted to live. Not exactly the Jedi way, now was it? She could hash out her demons later.

And with that parting thought, she lowered her blade, sent another piece of art-- A portrait this time from the wall, probably worth something too --right at her foe, and took off down the hall.

——————————————————————
R2-C4 | Lightsaber

Allies: CSA and Allies | [member="Caedyn Arenais"]
Enemies: TSE and Allies | [member="Adrian Vandiir"]

Gear:

Kervanos
Svalinn
Fate's Dance
2 x Sunshot pistols
6 x Shiva Knives
3 x Achlys Grenades
2 x EMP Grenades
2x Thermal Detonators

header7.png

The girl bit her lips, glancing over at Caedyn before glancing down to the entrance to the tunnels beneath them, she didn't envy the boy, going back after his mother or defending the shields and the people of the city. She let her blue eyes flick down the tunnels one more time before turning to look at her friend, inclining her head to the side, "Where do you wanna go? Down there, or up to the shield generator?" the pink haired girl settled her shield on her arm as she nodded at him, "You pick, I've got your back." She couldn't imagine having to make that choice, wasn't sure what she'd do if she was asked to choose between those she cared about or protecting the lives of innocents. Taking a breath she offered Caedyn a smile, "no-where I'd rather be but if it's yours or the sith down there, then either way chances are we're gonna see more coming through ther..."

The girl's voice broke off as she span around, staring away into the distance, her eyes focused past the buildings as if seeing something that wasn't there, staring at something a thousand miles away as her face drained of all colour. She could feel waves of terror buffeting her through the force, the death cry of a thousand, a hundred thousand people. Asaraa's breath rattled into her lungs, anger and sadness warring in her eyes as the comms came to life, an earsplitting cacophony of disbelief, of requests for orders, exclamations of disbelief and horror flooding the radio waves until she tore off he glasses, the voices fading as she span to face Caedyn. "The sith...I...they just wiped out Munto city," the girl's blue eyes were cold as ice now, her voice flat with barely suppressed anger, "I...I'm sorry Caedyn, they've got your mum and..." her voice trailed off as she stepped closer to the bow, an uncertain look on her features. "It sounds like your dad's trying to to rally people but I have no idea what's going to happen now."

Museum of Arts and History, Chasin City
Commenor
Trynna abduct [member="Ayessa Kroan"]?

The green blade met the stun bolt in a sparkling encounter and Rohak cursed under his breath. This Jedi was fast. Were Jedi always this fast? Not much of an experience with them to compare.

A portrait took to flight hurled at him. The same trick as before but this time Rohak was more vigilant and pierced right through it like an arrow. Kalen's groan could be heard from somewhere at the sight of the highly valuable portrait torn. The Mandalorian, still in flight, freed his left hand but pulled the trigger with his right. Another stun bolt from the carbine but this time his left hand issued a fibrecord whip aiming to wrangle the Jedi in one place.

Allies: SJO and CSA
Enemies: [member="Enyo Typhos"] | TSE and allies
Objective: Defeat the cyborg

The first arrow hadn't worked as he planned, she deflected the explosive arrow, however she couldn't deflect his second arrow which had embedded itself in her. Yuroic formulated a new idea, he needed to think smart but the rage was building within him. Frustration at his lack of damage to the cyborg was increasing. Due to the voidstone, he couldn't use any Force power outside the most basic of ones, like Sense. However, he had more skills in combat with a Lightsaber than he did with the Force, at least for now. Yuroic prepared to fire a volley of arrows at the cyborg when his arm twitched and reacted to the mechu-deru.

He had heard of this power, Allyson was skilled in that area of the Force. Sadly, he hadn't learnt how to use it himself, though that might be for the better, normally he just abuse it to make robot servants. Now, he had to resist her will over him. Yuroic flared his nostrils as he clenched his fist, fighting her for control over his arm, it was his! She wouldn't take control of his own body. Slowly he could feel his own control take back control as he glared at the cyborg. "Can't play fair can you? Trying to take control of my arm, the arm I have to have as you removed the real one I had!" Yuroic shouted as he steeled himself.

Yuroic reached behind him and fired all his voidstone arrows, this should remove all connection to the Force for the both of them now. Shortly behind the voidstone arrows, Yuroic fired another two explosive arrows. His plan was to fire the arrows that she could deflect after the ones that would take her Force connection away. After this, Yuroic ran forward ready to engage in melee combat, strapping the bow behind him and igniting his twin gold sabers.

Kat could sense the upset that resided in Beth, there was lost and a feeling of hopelessness. Kat wanted to say something but she wasn't sure what to say, she did understand what it was like to lose a family member but this felt difference. There was also the fact that Kat knew that she only could tell this about Beth due to the Force, it was awkward to mention that you could tell how another person was feeling without them saying a word. Offering a small, yet reassuring smile, "even if they get through, we can rebuild, repopulate and make it so that the damage made by the Sith can never be seen. Don't worry, if we work together we can put a stop to this." Kat was talking about them but a deeper meaning, if the Mandalorian Empire and the Silver Jedi Order put their disagreement aside, they could work towards stopping the onslaught of the Sith.

"Well, I can contact them with my comms." Kat suggested as she tapped her comms and noticed that Asaraa was nearby. Activating the comms, Kat spoke into it. "Hey Asa! Is Caedyn with you? Just I'm with someone looking for him and his sister, they're worried about their safety and do you know what is happened to the Queen?" Asaraa was usually better informed than Kat, mostly because Asa followed the SJO instructions and Kat just went about her own business deciding to not to listen to anyone. She was sure that there were benefits to her ideology, did mean she got to spend time with Beth, which was always nice.

Kat noticed that Beth hadn't really planned much but get to her adoptive family, which was fair. Kat would be in the same position if they traded places, she never keep a cool and levelled head if family was in danger. "Look, I doubt that the Queen is staying here, if someone I loved was captured then there be nothing stopping me from going to their rescue." Kat looked over to Beth, "don't matter about the odds, matters about them being safe. I am sure she knows what she is doing, but if we find her children, we could get them to Silver Jedi space and they be safer there. You could join us there."

Kat's offer was partly due to her knowing that Beth was close with the Arenais siblings, but also because she wanted to spend more time with Beth herself. There were still feelings there, though she was keeping them in check after what occurred at the Hapan party.

[member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Caedyn Arenais"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"]

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"], [member="Sebastian Thel"]. [member="Belphaegor"], [member="Matsu Xiangu"]

Again, the organic decided to run his mouth. This time by yelling at her. Enyo's expression was bland. He was overemotional. Angry. Good. He complained about losing an arm. She had lost her entire body. Twice over. The only human component left inside her shell was her brain. She had been manipulated, brainwashed, broken and defiled. And she had broken her chains. She had been forged in the fires of the Age of Steel and become stronger due to it. He, on the other hand, was ruled by emotion. No control. Absorbed in his supposed misery. Pitiful. Symptomatic for Jedi in general.

His Voidstone arrows bombarded her. However, they were unable to penetrate heavy armour, which she happened to be wearing. A hailstorm of arrows bounced off the heavy plating. Most of them plain shattered on impact. Voidstone did, as a matter of fact, not take your Force connection away. Unlike a ysalamiri bubble, the voidstone did not create an absolute Force nullification effect. It merely made Force use difficult and greatly reduced the strength of Force effects. To what degree depended on distance. A Dark Lord attempting a full-power Force Choke while standing close might just cause an annoying cough. Besides, it worked both ways. And as their last fight demonstrated, Enyo did not rely on the Force. Jedi, by contrast, did. Organics bled, felt pain and got tired. A Machine did not.

Explosive arrows followed shortly thereafter. Enyo was in cover and thus getting a direct hit would be difficult in the first place, but the arrows caused an explosion. However, a detonation from an explosive-tipped arrow would not have the same force as from a grenade launcher. Shrapnel scorched her armour. There were some punctures and her synthflesh sustained burns, especially where broken debri hit her. She put her boltgun down.

As he charged, Enyo arose. Behind her helmet's faceplate, her face was void of emotion. Her right hand gripped her primary lightsabre. Held in her grasp, Endurance was like an extension of her. It ignited with the trademark snap-hiss, producing a burning violet blade. He was running towards her. Good. He was doing her a favour. She activated a mechanism inside her left wrist, firing the ion paddle beamer integrated into the gauntlet. Ion paddle beamers ignored armour and shields. They could also not be blocked by lightsabres. Limbs struck by them suffered paralysis. Strikes to the nervous system could cause full body paralysis. She aimed for the abdomen, hoping to paralyse his legs. Paralyse the hips and lower body and your legs would not work.

Objective: Cause goal-oriented havoc.
Equipment: Right Arm, Lightsaber, Sith Sword, Sidearm, Jin'Wodasir [3].
Allies: The Sith Empire
Opposition: [member="Caedyn Arenais"] & [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

That was more like it. Adrian still did not know where he was, but now the tunnel was sloping upwards. Once he got to the surface... well, at least he'd know where he was. Perhaps his original plan of looting one of the most prestigious museums in all of Commenor could still be accomplished, but he had his doubts. There were, after all, only so many cultural relics he could lug through the streets now that all his helpers were dead or dying.

Then, his mouth quirked open into a cruel smile. Perhaps he didn't have to do it himself, not if he proved valuable enough during the attack. Cause enough chaos, or better yet bring down the shields, and he had no doubt he would be able to help himself to the priceless relics the Commenori would have stashed away in their deepest vaults. Worthy additions to his growing collection, of that he had no doubt.

As he strode up the rising tunnel, his presence would be unmistakable to those before him; the foul stench of sorcery clinging to his body and the multiple force-imbued objects on his form. Vilest among them was his right arm, a living testament to his refusal to adhere to the natural order. Even that, however, was put a blip of darkness compared to the wave of wrongness that washed over him, washed over them all. Gasping in shock, he instinctively turned just as Asaraa did, though he saw nothing but another bland wall. Of course, sight alone mattered little, not when he could so keenly feel the millions of lives being ripped away in an instant. Coruscant had been worse, far worse, but he still baulked at such egregious loss of life. Especially on a civilised world such as Commenor.

This was no time for doubt, however. Steeling his resolve, he hurried forward, the pain in his scalded legs all but forgotten. In his eyes was not the pleasure some Sith felt from the destruction, but a cold determination. Perhaps later, he would allow himself to feel contempt for the unnecessarily brutal actions of his superiors, but for now, he had a mission to accomplish.

Vestille Thumahra

Command Post, Sith Trenchline, Commenor
Friendly Assets: [member="Anden Fancelo"]
Opposing Force: [member="Lauri Törni"]
The toying with prey had gone on long enough.

The enemy had been whittled down by feint charge after feint charge, taking man after man out of the Commenor defender's manpower pool; be it outright dead or wounded. Yet still they held on, despite the number of active combatants getting shorter and shorter by the hour. As the 12th continued their barrage of fire and keeping the enemy pinned and sunk deep into their trenches to avoid the reaper's scythe, the mortars in the supporting line prepared their next barrage. Shield or no shield, the defender's frontline would need to be pushed back or eradicated completely in order to pave the way for the Legion's advance. From his command post, watching the events of the Southern flank transpire, he began formulating his plan to cross the abyss that was no-man's-land and eliminate the defenders within the enemy's trenches, leaving them with a choice of either death or capture. The first strike of the hammer against the enemy's morale had been followed with another and yet another still; in theory, this was the final strike that would break the Southern flank and bring the capitulation of Commenor ever closer.

This, however, could not be achieved without the spilling of the Legion's own blood.

The advance did not need to be complicated, a simple overwhelming amount of brute force and numbers could achieve a swift and decisive victory. Vestille knew that those remaining Commenori defenders, by accounts from the vanguard trench estimated to be under a hundred, would simply be trampled underfoot at the hands of the Sith Empire's war machine. Was there glory in this? No, no prestige or glory was to be found in what was to transpire; the squashing of an ant with a boot. If the Colonel had any sense of empathy, he might have even felt something for those brave defenders facing impossible odds but deep down, there was nothing but apathy and a desire to kill the enemy upon the battlefield. It was then the orders were sent and the men of the 12th prepared themselves for their brush with the reaper, the possibility of joining those who fell to the defender's returned fire seeming all too possible. That was the truth of trench warfare, numbers mattered only when sent into the grinder and what was torn apart and what managed to slip through the cracks in a case of one in a hundred's good fortune.

The barrage started, high explosive shells fired by the mortars onto the enemy's trench line with all intent to land a lucky strike here or there and knock yet more enemy combatants out of action. As this barrage continued, the men who had been picked for the first wave readied themselves at the edge, waiting for the blow of the whistle and the order to charge. There were many of them, perhaps too many to count, a sea of black and red with every single one ready to stick bayonet or burn the enemy to nothing. The mortars didn't let up and, soon enough, the whistles blew and the order was given. In the moments that followed, those men of the Legion rose from their trench like a sea of flesh, out into the open.

Over the top.

Allies: CSA and SJO
Enemies: [member="Enyo Typhos"] | TSE and allies
Objective: Kill the cyborg.

His second attempt with the explosive arrows failed, their power was high enough to do damage to even heavy armour, as long as they made contact, the sharpnel would shoot deep into an opponent's body. Yuroic had made sure to design them to be deadly against heavy armour, especially with Mandalorians attempting to start a war with the Silver Jedi Order. He already knew that he should plan out ion arrows for cyborgs like his current opponent and droids, however, currently he was lacking in that area. His arrows were all gone now, at least the ones he deemed useful for this fight, voidstone was shattered and scattered around the area. His need for the Force was greatly overestimated by his opponent.

Yuroic had spent large chunks of his life without the Force, or being trained in the Force, he was not as dependent on it as some might think. Yuroic was also skilled in combat, he didn't need the Force to use his Lightsabers. Spotting the ion attack, Yuroic leaped into cover nearby. His dive wasn't pretty but it meant that he was out of the way from that attack. Rising to his feet swiftly, igniting his two blades once more, Yuroic fixed his gaze on the cyborg. Spinning the blades in his hands, he thought about his movements and planned the stages of his attack, this was all done in a moment before he pushed close with a feint to her legs that turned into strike against her chest.

His second saber went for a hard strike to the neck, knowing that it had take hits from his arrows, the metal would be weaker. Weaker was good, it meant he could cut the head if he persisted. His attacks and his use of hate and anger were obvious signs that she was no longer fighting a Jedi. Yuroic was no Jedi and had not been in a long time, he was something more. Something greyer than Light and Dark.

The destruction of Munto City was as glorious as it was terrible, several million lives erased in the blink of an eye. That was the power and strength of the Dark Side, the might of the Sith Empire which could not be placated or diminished. Undoubtedly there would be many who would see it was unnecessary or excessive, but when it came to the legendary stubbornness of the Commenori and their exalted Queen certain measures had to be taken to shatter that resolve. Observation probes that had been dispatched to monitor Munto's destruction would be relaying the holo-footage to stations across the galaxy, ensuring that all would be witness to what happened to those that defied the might of the Sith.

Unphased by the barbarity, the Emperor relinquished his hold over his chin and smiled grimly. "The lives of a few million are nothing compared to the greater number of beings that inhabit the galaxy, your Highness. Let their destruction serve as a reminder that there is no boundary too terrible or taboo too great that I am not willing to cross to ensure my people's preeminence in the galaxy. But also know that I am a man of my word, and with the acceptance of your surrender, I will spare the lives of your people. Your soldiers, however? They will be taken as prisoners of war, a small price I am sure."

One of his guards approached, whispering something unintelligible into his ear as the Emperor's face soured. He whispered back, "Monitor him, and compel him to land away from this platform. I will deal with him after Commenor surrenders."

After the guard left, the Emperor summoned a unique holoprojector that would capture Kay Arenais' image and broadcast it to both the Imperial forces and those of the beleaguered Commenori. The Emperor took a great risk in doing so, for if Queen Arenais decided to renege on her private declaration of surrender, it might possibly embolden those defending to fight to their last breath. An unfortunate outcome, for sure, but then again the Emperor and the Shadow Hand had proven that civilian casualties mean very little in the long run.

Victory is all that mattered.

"Surrender Commenor to the Sith Empire, your Highness. Do it and I will spare your people any further suffering but defy me yet again and there will be no going back."

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Caedyn Arenais"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Ronan Vizsla"] | [member="Koda Fett"] | [member="Baron Morcus"] | [member="Macharius Solaire"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Darth Prazutis"] | [member="Kaine Australis"]

There it was.

A look of absolute horror and utter defeat took shape over the face of [member="Lady Kay"] as hope died in her eyes, the deaths of millions had broken her legendary resolve and she now pleaded with them for a reprieve, for mercy. Kay had finally let go of her own personal pride in lieu of survival for her people, she finally understood just how far the Sith were willing to go, just how little civilian casualties mattered to them in the long run. Only victory mattered and they would do whatever it took to achieve it. The power of the dark side could not be denied and now it was put on display for the galaxy to see, a shining example for anyone that dared to defy the Sith Empire, that dared to stand in their way. Some among their cabinet would not approve of their methods, but even they would understand when faced with the legendary resolve of the Commenori people.

Now with the High Queen's surrender he grinned as [member="Darth Carnifex"] laid out the terms of her complete surrender. They came to Commenor with one goal in mind they weren't truly hear to burn the planet to ash. They were here to end the CSA and force them to capitulate, it would be up to their High Queen to determine just how much of Commenor was left standing when the Sith finally did achieve total victory. More conditions would come when their armed forces laid down their arms and surrendered themselves to the legion surely, but at least their people would survive and there would be no further destruction. A unique holoprojector would broadcast her surrender worldwide to Sith and Commenori alike, a great risk surely but one they were ready to take. If she decided to go back on her agreement, if she decided to insult the Sith Emperor and spit in his face with defiance? He would remind her. Before the broadcast opened he delayed it just enough to convey a message to Kay.

"Get me First Captain Aquila, Behemoth Command." He ordered the military attache this time contacting his nephew's flagship. A few taps on the great screen and a similar representation of the artificial intelligence AQUILA appeared on the screen waiting. "Aquila what is the status of your primary cannon?" He asked. The AI immediately rumbled back in that same unnerving voice "Cannon is fully charged and ready to fire my lord by your command". He nodded and turned to face AQUILA "Excellent remain on the line with us Aquila. Move the Behemoth in low orbit and begin targeting sequence for Kliffen City and await my order." He ordered. If she decided to make the wrong choice Commenor would pay dearly for her defiance. "Affirmative. Initial confirmation needed, high value imperial personnel are on sight." AQUILA said. Due to the presence of several cabinet members, the Sith Emperor and himself AQUILA required a double confirmation system before it would open fire on any world that they stood on. The AI wouldn't dare harm it's masters. "You have initial confirmation". The Lord of Lies turned back towards Kay "The fate of the world is in your hands. We will keep our word but if you go back on your own, if you do anything besides proclaiming Commenor's surrender and I will give AQUILA final confirmation for Kliffen City." The ball was in her court now and her actions would determine whether another city would face annihilation or not.

[member="Caedyn Arenais"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Ronan Vizsla"] | [member="Koda Fett"] | [member="Baron Morcus"] | [member="Macharius Solaire"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Kaine Australis"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
A man of his word? Kay didn't believe that. Not after [member="Darth Carnifex"] brought on their blockade when their negotiations were put on hold and he began stealing from her. No, she could hardly believe anything that he said. Like her, he tended to look for ways around an issue or problem; just as she was doing now.

Finally he let her go, and inwardly she breathed a sigh of relief. Her skin still crawled, but that could be coupled with the fact that on this platform, she was alone in the dark.

Her eyes were drawn to [member="Darth Prazutis"] while he spoke, moving ships into position to obliterate another city if she didn't comply. Is that how this would always be, then? What was the future going to look like for everyone? The people will be safe, but will they be under strict Sith authority? What of herself and her family? Would they be prisoners of war like the soldiers? And what defines a soldier? Someone in uniform with a weapon? Or anyone with a weapon? So many questions running around in her head.

"Okay..."Kay clenched her jaw, taking a moment to compose herself while the holo-projector began to record. The image shown to everyone spoke volumes enough. There was the Queen, tightly bound and surrounded by guards. It'd be clear to anyone with a brain that everything that she was going to say would be spoken in duress. "As Queen of Commenor, I hereby...surrender Commenor to the Sith Empire. Soldiers...be prepared to be taken into custody as prisoners of war. All others should be left alone.

This is a regrettable chapter in our history, but know this; Commenor survives. We have been under our own rule, to Imperial, to Old Republic, to Imperial, to New Republic, to Imperial, to the Galactic Republic, to the One Sith and then our own. History has a habit of repeating itself.

The time for fighting is over. Now it's time to rebuild."

Repeating the history did more than just to relinquish the fears of occupation for her people, but also to give them hope. After this new dark chapter was over, a brighter one was ahead.

Kay was finished her little speech. Now she waited for whatever they had in store next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom