Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We, The People - Dominion for the Commenor Hex

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner

Terrac watched as [member="Veiere Arenais"] and Vikras dealt with the new arrival. It was interesting to see. Most other big governments would meet the strangers with hostility, but not in this case.

"Commenor sure is coming into her own..." Perhaps he judged Kay too harshly. These weren't the actions of bad leadership. These were the actions of good governance.

He turned his attention back to the viewport, watching the squadrons as they opened their foils and went into a series of formations.

Olivia smiled as [member="Bradshaw Ku"] spoke. She stopped and walked around him so that she could face him. It wasn't his drunken state that got him to say what he did. It was the sudden realization, the sudden clarity of what was wanted of him.

She reached up and placed a hand on Brad's cheek. "And so the boy has become a man..." Olivia gave him an approving nod as she removed her hand, moved along side him and hooked her arm in his as she resumed the walk. "You won't be kept a secret for long. That much I can assure you. So, let's make sure that when the time comes, you represent your Royal bloodline in the best light to the public, alright?" Appearances were everything.

Once [member="Titan"] was set to arrive at the Palace, he would be stopped by Security which consisted of four men. These were all new officers, having been hand picked by [member="Darlyn Excron"] after Kay's return from captivity, so they would not recognize the former Vice President. Every entrance was guarded and patrolled for the overall safety of those inside.

"State your name, your business and surrender your arms, or you will go no further."

B'enor Benjeel

Head Engineer for Commenor
Objective: Return Power to the Primary Grid
Allies: [member="Teagan Stoirm"]

After only a little while longer, a loud male voice echoed throughout the large facility. Ben didn’t need his extremely sensitive Chadra-fan hearing to pick up on it. The voice identified himself as Teagan Stoirm. Ben grinned. The kid was reported to be a natural, whether that was the case he’d soon determine, but it was already apparent the engineer at least had enthusiasm.

He carefully squeezed his way through the power adapters on which he was working, smearing even more grease and oil on his already dirty mechanic’s suit than before. Short, with a dirty uniform and matted fur from all manner of fluids, he didn’t look like the head of anything for a major planet – other than maybe the head trash collector. Appearances could be deceiving.

Plopping down next to Shorty, the engineer put a dirty arm around his astromech, “Alrighty, let’s see what our new pateesa is made of, shall we?”

The droid squeeled a protest.

“Oh, stop being such a wuss – it’s just a little grease,” he shot back before steering the droid in the direction of the voice.

The odd duo rounded a corner revealing the young man slightly hunched over in what appeared to be some sort of back pain. Too young to already have back issues, Ben mused to himself as he approached.

He offered a small, dirty hand to the newcomer. The grease couldn’t be helped and besides, any engineer or mechanic worthy of the title wouldn’t be bothered by a little machine gunk.

“Ben and Shorty's the name,” he said tilting his head toward the astromech for the latter name. “And Commenor’s Head Engineer is the game. I need you wherever will make this process go much faster. We’re running out of time. Any ideas? Because the rest of my crew follows standard procedure and I’m much more familiar with starships and droids than power stations.” Then, a little self-consciously he added, “Not that I don’t know my way around one, of course.”

With any luck this new set of eyes – so to speak – would think of something they’d missed. Otherwise, things could start getting uglier than they already were.

• Terrijo
  • Post 6
"Oh I get it, blue lightsaber, must me a jedi right? Pretty narrow minded." He moved his shotgun so it rested on his shoulder, and loaded his wrist mounted rocket launcher. His mask had an amplifier for speech, so he could speak very clearly to the man. "Well, regardless I suppose we have to teach you a lesson now. And boy, are you in for a shocking revelation. It'll just blow your mind!" Resting the shotgun on his shoulder, Darlyn stepped back out into the hallway and leveled his had roughly where he sensed Tiali. Roughly, of course, as he was slightly higher and to the side, intentionally, to catch him if he attempted to escape.

And with a violent crackle of life, blue arcs of lightning shot from his fingertips, scorching the air with the scent of ozone, and striking the wall his fingers were pointing at with hungry, vile force. An advantage of Exar Kun's lightsaber, it amplified his most powerful ability even further, and as he'd grown in power with force lightning, so too did the weapon amplify everything he did. If Tiali got struck by the lighting, it'd be quite the painful experience.

After a few moments, regardless of if Tiali stayed hidden or moved, Darlyn's hand would flick down, and with another motion he'd send an anti-personnel rocket at Tiali's location. Had he moved, the wrist would have simply followed him. The troops behind him took the opportunity to reload, before opening fire and giving Darlyn cover to move into another secure position somewhat closer.

Nearby: [member="Tiali Orazio"]

On obective: [member="Stardust Raxis"] | [member="Thraxis"]

Objective: Restore law across the sector.
"Sir, you can't go. Think about how the people of the city would see you!" Nancy drwemann, Erinhart's vice mayor told him.

"Nancy, just tell them I got sick or something. I'm already on my last possible term anyway, so Reelection is not something I need to worry about." The grizzled man replied back, putting his pistol into a shoulder holster, hidden by his coat.

He walked quickly to the transport he had prepared, joined by his bodyguard, with Nancy running to keep up.

"Sir--"
"You're in charge while I'm gone." With that, Erinhart and his guards disappeared into the ship. Soon, they would be off Commenor, and approaching some crime infested world.

Gyndine
Post 3

Lieutenant Tarriq and Major Sanjeet stood by, both of them held their arms across their chest. Sgt. Halifax and Matthieus came to lean against the frame of the cockpit, "think we'll be able to land?" Mattieus asked, "and is it terrible that I still have a picture of our former leader in my helmet?"

"I mean she was hot so no, but so long as you know we don't work for her," Symara replied with a smile, "and I hope so, if not then we better get used to living on this bucket of bolts."

And then everything went silent, the four of them looked at one another exchanging concerned looks. Their platoon too fell silent with the occasional elbow nudging, and then the voice of @Veiere Arenais came through. Major Sanjeet quirked up a brow and leant against the console as she listened. "Well?" She gestured to Symara, "your call Lieutenant, you've taken us this far what do you say? You recognise the name?"

"Kind of, I didn't really entrain people on Mimban, I was far too busy keeping Mandalorians and their friends out of Gyndine, of which I failed," she added and then took in a deep breath. "It's more than we asked for, definitely."

"Maybe we could join their ranks?" Sgt. Halifax offered, "it'd be a feasible thing, in return for their hospitality."

Major Sanjeet pressed down on the comms, "well it seems your offer is more than generous enough and in return. Our unit would like offer our services, whether that's in an official or unofficial capacity, we're more than happy to assist the Commenori goverment and her people in exchange for your hospitality."

The droid failed to hide his surprise at the great being catching him off guard. He mentally chastised himself for his lack of environmental awareness, he had not survived this long because he allowed himself to lose track of his surroundings. He would have to remember that for the future and more importantly he would have to keep his sensors running all the time and pay attention to their readouts. If this had been a more serious situation then things could have gone far more dire.

As it was however, his appearance of shock quickly transformed into a polite concealing smile. The question fit into Ultimatum's preconceived ideas of humor, however it had a number of hints of some form of detestment. The artificial was uncertain if the ill will was directed at him or Kay. Either way the droid was interested in the fact that there was another droid with [member="Ghorua the Shark"]. He wondered if the unit was a fellow artificial or merely another droid. He hoped it was the former, artificials were becoming more common in the galaxy and Ultimatum wished to see them spread ever further.

"Grovel? No, I did that before in order to maintain contact with her during those dark times. A pleasure seeing you here, and with a friend?" He refrained from continuing that organics often needed to be told that which they wished to hear in order to be a 'friend', believing that perhaps such a statement might be considered an insult rather than the fact that it was.

[member="The Squid"]

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
Objective: Take the poison pill
Enemies: [member="Vengeance"] [member="Darth Ragnarok"] [member="Krest"]

Doubts clouded Yula's mind as she saw the whole arsenal of means the Sith Ascendancy put forth to attempt to capture her and bring her to justice. While some of the conscription-dodgers from RE-land were herded back into the Ascendancy's ship, Yula was being cornered. Poodoo: that was the most hare-brained scheme I could potentially think of for betraying the Resurgent Empire or the Sith Ascendancy. Unlike them, I do not treat Sith-hood as an excuse for wanton evil: I certainly would not associate myself with a faction that hosts cannibalistic Sith that crucify convicts on occasion. But do the Ascendancy want my head because of this conscription-dodging scheme or because of my involvement on Mandalore? No use fighting something I cannot win: I know I wouldn't stand a chance against Krest alone, much less him supported by more people. May I die a martyr for those in the Caldera that aspire to a better life; may I symbolize the struggle for even basic rights, even though I know that all-volunteer forces, like Commenor or the Outer Rim Coalition, require, in practice, that the upper echelons treat the rank-and-file with respect for those to be effective, among a bunch of other factors, she thought, while the next special edition will tell about how Yula died for a cause she held dear since she even began training in the dark side in the first place.

"There is no death, there is the Force" she recited before taking the poison pill that she kept in reserve for such just occasions.

Once the poison pill took effect, and the Ascendancy agents were busy dealing with the other draft-dodgers, everything went dark in Yula's mind, as she fell unconscious on the floor, with her body being rendered lifeless by the poison in the pill. Those remaining draft-dodgers decided to place Yula's hardened body in a standard casket typically used for deceased humans/Near-Humans, not realizing that this place used to be an abandoned funeral home. And the funeral home was left in such a state where there is even an abandoned repulsorlift hearse for those draft-dodgers that remain alive to put Yula's casket en route for the morgue. They promptly departed for the nearest morgue, while most of the other draft-dodgers were being captured elsewhere in the would-be Sith Inquisitor office.

[2/20]

Krest kicked down the door to find a dead [member="Darth Morzas"] , and a frown settled upon his lips. There would be no draft dodgers to drag her lifeless body away, they all had surrendered. Whats more, there was no ASTCOM. Morzas had never once been a part of the Ascendancy, never once been important to the Sith. All those years ago when the Sith Order existed she was another faceless doll made to be killed or sacrificed for the greater good.

As the elder Zabrak crouched down beside her body, he felt pity. She had so many delusions of grandeur and was swallowed up by a now dead war machine. Perhaps if she had been a part of the Ascendancy there would of been a chance of change. For her to be something more than.. This. Such a shame. All around the draft dodgers would be rounded up, but not a single one was harmed.

These draft dodgers were avoiding the Resurgent Empire, not the Ascendancy. Only the few within their ranks that had forsaken their posts with Morzas would be taken into custody, the rest left to their own devices. Morzas's body would not make it to a casket, instead the elder man would lift her body up. "All agents, we're finished here. Someone get me a connection to [member="Lady Kay"] so she may know what has happened."

Such a waste.

[member="Vengeance"] [member="Lark"] [member="Darth Ragnarok"]

[member="Symara Tarriq"]

"Acknowledged, you're clear to enter Hangar Alpha-One. I shall be there to meet with you shortly"

Looking across the bridge to Terrac, Veiere gestured for the man to come with him before turning his attention to Vikras Ansion, "Command is yours once again my friend. Once this operation is complete, send us on our way back to Commenor" he smiled briefly before then turning and leading the way to the lifts that would take them further down into the guts of the vessel.

Truth be told, being off of the bridge felt far more relaxing than the troubles of Command; with the Admiral taking care of things now, Veiere exhaled slowly in sighing fasion, glancing to Terrac a moment in wary humor "Things have certainly changed since you were last on board with us eh...-The FreeLady's safe and sound back home I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear. We won't be on-board ships this big often...". Unlike Veiere and the Vagabond, [member="Lady Kay"] contrary to what most people believed didn't often go flying headfirst into trouble. The FreeLady while being piloted by someone else now, had been Terrac's personal pleasure for years before Kay's coronation as President and then unfortunately later Queen. No doubt his return would bring with it a great deal of nostalgia and unresolved feelings between he and Kay.

Reaching the main Hangar, they stepped out of the lift and onto the main floor where Symara and her people were scheduled to dock. The QueensGuard had been created with the attitude of a fighting fit assault craft and thus did not carry an extensive array of smaller starfighters or other lesser vessels at all. Save for the few transports that the two would pass as well as an X-Wing that Veiere had recently come into ownership of due to a lucky win across the holo-net, they would soon find themselves awaiting their guests, hands held behind his back and looking not at all like a typical member of the fleet, he wore the attire still fit for one of the Knights of Commenor.

Kay-Larr

Kay was contemplating on what kind of weapon she could have [member="Vitor Avendahl"] make for her. A breast dagger, maybe? That could come in handy for when anyone else tries to force themselves upon her like Connor did. She still blamed herself for that and her refusals only made the situation worse instead of getting him to back off. Perhaps he saw her as a challenge to overcome. Regardless, she didn't like others trying to take control of her. Some regarded her as a slave already, due to her position and the duties that came with it.

Her commlink beeped. Olivia was still out with [member="Bradshaw Ku"] , so once again the messages went straight to her.

~My Queen, there's an incoming message for you coming from the Iridonian King. Do you want me to patch it through?~

[member="Krest"] was in Commenori space. She knew that. He came to her not long ago to seek permission to hunt down a threat to him and his people that had been hiding out in her sector. It had been the first time that such a thing had happened since she came into power. And given that Krest was an ally and friend, she obliged. "Yes, patch it through. Just give me 30 seconds." She got to her feet. "Please excuse me for a moment. I need to take this." Kay bowed her head and didn't wait for an answer before heading to the washroom of all places. She closed the door behind her. Where else could she get some privacy but in there?

Terrac was glad to know that they wouldn't be on a vessel this size. He had a lack of control here and felt as though he'd be nothing more than an observer if he were to stay. What use was any of his knowledge to this crew?

"The Free Lady....She's not the best but she's good enough. Better than the Rusty Bucket on Bespin." He followed [member="Veiere Arenais"] off the bridge towards the hanger. It was curious to see the new arrivals. If good crews were unemployed, what did that mean for the rest of them? Perhaps working for Kay was the better option. However he wasn't looking forward to -that- reunion.

Objective: Sith Justice
Allies: [member="Krest"] [member="Darth Ragnarok"] [member="Lark"]
Enemy: [member="Darth Morzas"]
Equipment: Black robes, Obsidian Knight saber, Tactical Fighting Blade

Vengeance made it to the side of his fellow Lord just as he was picking up her lifeless body. He legitimately thought Krest had killed her.

"At least she fought back yeah?"

He looked around and shrugged taking a few steps and turning to give Krest a wide berth to do whatever it was he had planned next. Would he turn the body over to her family or would she be buried as a criminal? Vengeance secretly hoped she would be released to whatever family she had. No reason you can't treat a fallen enemy with respect.

Allies: [member="Ghorua the Shark"]

Ghorua gave a simple, though intriguing answer to his inquiry. It seemed he and their potential employer had a rough history, and although Core was very curious to know more, he respected the Shark’s wish to say no more on the subject.

The Squid followed the Shark dutifully out of the craft and onto the landing pad. When the Shark whispered for him to treat whoever it was he was about to speak to as royalty, Core was not expecting that person to be, well, not a person in the organic sense. He’d never heard of a droid being royal, except perhaps in the sense of being owned by and serving royalty, but that’s not what he seemed to imply. No matter, if his master wanted him to treat this droid as if he were royalty, he would do just that.

Ghorua made some sort of joke at the large droid’s expense, or at least, that was what he thought had happened. Out of the four AI’s shoved into the Squid’s body, Core wasn’t the best with humor. In any case, his master’s voice appeared to startle the being, who also didn’t appear pleased with himself that he’d allowed the Shark to sneak up on him.

Which made sense. The idea that someone as massive as the Shark could sneak up on anyone seemed rather absurd, and yet, the Squid had quickly learned that Ghorua had an uncanny ability to appear and disappear with extreme prejudice.

The droid seemed to recover quickly from his start and made some reply about helping someone through dark times before turning his attention on him. Core was all prepared to make a sensible and dignified response as the Shark seemed to be requesting, but the idea that a droid could be royalty was too interesting for Spanner, who begged to be put in control.

Before Spanner, or Core, could make a move however, the Squid’s accent lights turned orange as Spark excitedly forced his way to the front of the control queue, as he had a bad habit of doing in inappropriate moments.

The Squid bowed in an exaggerated manner and made a circular flourish with his right arm and hand.

“Your royal highness, I am honored to be in your shadow,” he played, putting on a show.

[member="Ultimatum"]

Objective: Sith Justice
Allies: [member="Krest"] @Lark @Vengeance
Enemy: [member="Darth Morzas"]

As he stood there with the aid of his cane and his hounds in waiting time threatened make him bored. As fate would have it though, as quickly as it began it was over. The sudden burst of the Sith army on the office the clatter had ended and the Sith were leaving. His hounds all growled as they moved together and became two again. He slowly made his way to where they all gathered outside the office to see Lord Krest with a dead female body. To say Darth Ragnarok was disappointed would be an understatement.

He saw her former soldiers and the desire to end them was indeed there. He knew that this was not their planet and they could not afford to disturb or anger the powers here that be.He found the Sith Ascendancy to be right in a lot of ways, but wrong in other ways on what it was to be Sith. All in all they provided Darth Ragnarok with funds, tools, materials and knowledge to achieve his goals and they only asked for loyalty. A small price for his desires. Having said that, the pathetic excuse of a Sith taking her life was a robbing of his chance to kill. He wanted the chance to show the so called Sith how weak she really was. As he slowly approached he looked at her lifeless body. "Pathetic, to think such a thing called herself a Sith. Once we are gone I suggest the body burned. She does not deserve to exist in this world any longer."

Bradshaw Ku

Crown Prince of Commenor

The boy has become a man, Olivia said to him with her hands on his cheeks. That was probably the most positive reaction he’d received after coming back. At least as it pertained to his future plans. In truth, it surprised him. He was becoming so accustomed to everyone telling him he was going down the wrong path, or warning him against what he wanted to do, or rather, what he’d thought he wanted, that the sensation of someone agreeing with his choice was refreshing and reassuring.

“Thank you, but we’ll see if that’s really the case in the future,” he said looking over to her, humbler than he’s been in a long time, “if I’ve learned anything while I’ve been back, it’s that it’s much easier to proclaim, than it is to achieve.”

He paused for a moment. He knew what he must do to make his new goals a reality. Going back to his old ways wasn’t an option. Even still, a part of him couldn’t believe what he was about to ask, “If I’m going to be announced as prince anytime soon.. I’ll need help. I know that my mother is always there to help me, but running Commenor is a busy job. [member="Darlyn Excron"] is a good teacher, and I’m sure there’s a lot I can learn from him, but the temptations of the dark side haven't been good for me. I can't control it like he can.” He breathed in deeply and let it out, “Do you know where [member="Veiere Arenais"] is? There’s something I have to ask him.”

[member="Lady Kay"]

[3/20]

Krest looked over his shoulder to [member="Darth Ragnarok"] and [member="Vengeance"] , listening to their words. There was wisdom in kindness towards a fallen foe, but this woman did not die with honor. As a man of war, he could not look past the sin of giving up. A Sith who chose cowardess had no right to be called Sith any longer. One of the Sith's agents passed him a holodevice where the figure of [member="Lady Kay"] would show up.

"Lady Kay, we've captured Darth Morzas and her conspirators. Those with known ties to the Ascendancy or the Order will be taken back to face trial, but many here are defectors from the Reborn Empire. They were not our objective, so I will leave it up to you on how to deal with them. As for Morzas herself, she chose suicide. Looks like a poison pill. I'll be setting up a pyre to burn her remains on." The only ending fit for a coward. Sith were buried in tombs to immortalize themselves, but this one would have no such honor.

Titan

"I am vice president Titan Kryze. I am here to see [member="Lady Kay"]. Let me through or die." Titan told the guards. "Fat chance buddy, even if you were the vice president, Lady Kay won't see just anybody. Go away." The guard replied in almost mocking tone, as if talking to someone stupid. Titan hated it when people thought he was stupid. So he reached out through the force changing the molecules around him to ice. "What the!" Were the only words to escape the man's lips before he was completely frozen. "Do I need to repeat myself?" Titan asked, the guards made a rather rash desicion and went for their guns, only to have them ripped away and thrown out of their reach. Now it was time to try something Titan had learned, an adaption of several Dark Side force powers, Titan looked into one of the men's eyes and pulled out the man's deepest, darkest fears. He forced the man's brain to replay them over and over and over again, until Titan willed it to stop. Then he did the same to the third guard. "Let. Me. Through." Titan said in a quiet tone, which would make all the more terrifying for the final guard, alone and unarmed he stood no chance. But he still leaped for the man in front of him, only for the man to seemingly teleport, moving so fast that all the guard had seen was a blur. Then he felt a searing pain in his gut as he was slammed aginst the wall and electrocuted. He was down. And now the path was clear for Titan.

He entered the palace and headed straight for where he had met Kay the first time, when he had stressed to be the Vice President, well it seemed that position was now voided due to a claim of monarchy. Something he had thought Kay somewhat opposed to. And he doubted the council would ever approve or something like this, sure he had never met them, but he had heard Kay talk about them. With a monarchy there was little to no chance of stepping down, what had Kay done. Titan picked up his pace.

He burst into the room with the force of a adult mythsaur and found a servant and a door that was finishing closing, it seemed someone was taking a call, the servent turned to him, "Who are you? What do you want? The Queen is not taking visitors right now." She must not recognize him, but to be honest Titan wasn't sure he recognized himself. Titan turned to her and sent bolts of Force Lighting at her, her screams barely left her lips before she collapsed unconscious. Then, Titan waited. Kay was in that room, now he just had to wait.

Vikras Ansion

Standing tall with his hands held behind his back, Vikras watched as his officers moved about the bridge all working diligently at their stations to oversee the training operation. With the two Capital Vessels drifting through the Debris field, the fighters all moved in formation ahead of them blasting away any obstruction large enough to do damage to the hull while the scouts moved in and out of the path, weaving between obstacles and giving the thrusters their all as they sought to stretch their wings for the first time.

Satisfied with the test flight, it was time that they were on their way back to Commenor; There the fleet could refuel and be given the final and thorough examination before being approved by the Queen for active duty. Vikras wasn't entirely certain how much Kay knew about such things though it served on ceremony more so than anything else, the leader of Commoner giving confidence to the crew and to the people who would support their efforts in the defense and military actions taken by their government.

"Alright, Time to wrap things up people. Recall all fighters and prepare to make the jump back home"

The order would be given from the Comm's station, Ensign Williams contacting the Commenori Receiver and informing the Captain the Admirals orders. Moving quietly passed, Vikras listened and gave a curt nod in approval, the younger man following the procedures as expected, he were one of the more recent recruits fresh out of training; not alone in this, Commenor had had to pull a few strings so to speak to fill in for the personnel they were short on back when the vessels were first approved for construction.

The World of Trade had always been Vikras' home, born to it and raised in a military family, his father had earned his way to eventually serve in the royal guard for the previous President before [member="Lady Kay"]; since then a great deal had changed though not before he was given Command over the Chimaera back when Veiere's focus had been taken up in the Northern Territories of Space. Command over an Imperial Fleet hadn't been easy, especially when they knew there were a Jedi watching over his shoulder. None the less, that time had come and gone and he was rather content being back where he belonged today.

"All Personnel accounted for, Sir!"

Vikras glanced over his shoulder, lifting his head in a half nod brought out of his thoughts by the announcement.

"Very good!" He replied sharply, "Take us out, Lieutenant" Vikras gave the word to jump the fleet to FTL, the stars, debris field and blanketed space all warping around them as the hyperdrive kicked into overtime, everything shaping around them as lightyears turned into Parsecs and they were en-route once again to Commenor Space.

Kay-Larr

[member="Bradshaw Ku"] was more sober by now. He was calmer and he was speaking with a clearer mind. Olivia found that important. Now he was in a state that he could talk to his mother, talk to anyone really, without making a fool of himself. Appearances were important. Even though this was his home, it was still a public place. "I'm prpud of you Brad, for reaching this point. Your mother will be too."

She patted his hand and started to steer him towards the Palace again, still with her arm hooked into his. "[member="Veiere Arenais"] is off world right now. But as soon as he returns, I'll send word to you and let him know that you're wanting to speak with him. He shouldn't be gone long."

Kay was both relieved and saddened at the news that [member="Krest"] was giving. For one, the capture seemed to have gone quickly and smoothly. But secondly, [member="Darth Morzas"] commited suicide. She could hardly understand what would cause someone to go to such lengths. What was she afraid of? What was she hiding? No doubt it showed a lot of guilt. "Thank you. I'm sorry that she won't be going to trial. What of any family? Will you notify them? I wouldn't want retribution to be going your way."

She frowned as she heard commotion outside the door. What now? Surely [member="Vitor Avendahl"] was just as surprised as [member="Titan"] barged in. Kay stayed in the washroom while she waited to finish the communication with Krest. Not even in here did she have some peace. The stress of it all was getting a bit overwhelming. Her free hand clenched into a fist.

Little did she know that others such as [member="Ultimatum"] and [member="Ghorua the Shark"] were waiting to see her, as well as another dignitary, [member="Jaius Sovv"] . But it seemed that the hot headed Titan would end up seeing her first.

Jaius Sovv

J
Objective: Open Diplomatic Ties With Commenor
Allies: Commenor (hopefully), [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Veiere Arenais"]

The delegation from the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances had been met by an honor guard as they stepped off the corvette, replete with a suitably tasteful and thankfully also suitably brief welcome ceremony. Most of his fellows were bothered by such provincial customs, but Jaius could appreciate the artistry and also the intended message for what he believed it was. The Lady Kay was otherwise occupied, and such a display was meant to mollify them, while at the same time politely delaying them just a little longer. Shrewd, the old Sullustan mused, though it could be the paranoid, overly neurotic brain of a lifetime politician working overtime, and the honor guard could have been simply their assigned escort as was protocol for all planetary visitors.

Tragically, they were ushered into comfortable airspeeders from the spaceport and delivered upon a course through Chasin City that left very little in the way of sight seeing seeing potential directly to the gates of the palace itself. That was the story of his career, President Sovv mused. Ushered from one breathtaking part of the galaxy to another, on a whirlwind tour that never seemed to end, with never an opportunity to just stop and appreciate it all, or any of it. After the talks with the Commenor government, they would probably stay as guests for a polite amount of time before his aides would whisk him off back to Byllurun on Sullust or some other, even more exotic locale.

Its so easy to lose sight of the people. The reasons why.

He was resolved not to do that today, as they were ushered into a comfortably spacious meeting hall and requested with all due to respect to wait for the Lady's arrival. Glancing around as if recognizing he was not alone for the first time, Jaius struggled to recall the names of his fellow ambassadors. There were several members of the Chief of State's office, as well as appointed officials capable of speaking for a wider spectrum of the Alliance than just the Sullustan people, but among them Jaius was their senior. The New Jedi Order had sent a Knight of their DiploCorps, a more esoterically minded Zabrak who went by the name Todai. Noticeably High Command had not sent along a serving officer of the Defense Force, but instead a senior attache to the office of the Supreme Commander, strictly to answer questions the Lady Kay and the Commenor government may have about Federation military dispositions.

After the way many smaller governments perceived them in the wake of Atrisia, the Triumvirate Council had agreed with President Sovv's belief that this would be a symbol of their intent to deal with the people of Commenor in good faith, and without threat of implied military might.

Standing slightly removed from the main, leaning on his hovercane for support, the President of the Sullustan Council struggled to maintain a bearing that was dignified without seeming overly regal or ostentatious. As self-absorbed as the notion seemed, it had taken Jaius a long career to come to understand that first impressions counted for much in matters of statesmanship, and everything else.

The shuttle came out of hyperspace, with the planet they had chosen coming into full view. Erinhart couldn't remember the name for the life of him, but it had recently suffered massive loss of power across the planet, and crime was rampant. The shuttle landed, allowing the small detachment Erinhart had brought with him to quickly move out. All wore disguises. A known slave ring was holding an auction tonight. With luck, it'd be their last.

"All right, enter the building, but do not do anything until I start," The giant of a man ordered his team over the comlink. "Disperse into the crowd, don't get drunk."

Inside, it looked like a cantina. A single stage dominated the one room building, with tables and bars around it, and scantily clad waitresses dashing from table to table. When a waitress asked him his order, Erinhart smiled and told her he didn't need anything at the moment. He was here for another reason. The woman understood, and told him the auction would start in a few minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom